Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+65
Werewolf
mavaff
ahmedfire
zepia
berhoum
Tolstoy
Sujoy
RTN
ludovicense
DerWolf
Walther von Oldenburg
Godric
mack8
higurashihougi
Stealthflanker
d_taddei2
Kiko
ucmvulcan
Isos
thegopnik
zare
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Belisarius
TMA1
Scorpius
xeno
Firebird
PhSt
Regular
limb
GunshipDemocracy
SeigSoloyvov
zorobabel
caveat emptor
JohninMK
Broski
lyle6
Mir
Arrow
Dr.Snufflebug
Arkanghelsk
Erk
sepheronx
kvs
Big_Gazza
Airbornewolf
mnztr
dionis
Odin of Ossetia
littlerabbit
Azi
pavi
Podlodka77
nomadski
franco
flamming_python
Hole
famschopman
Rodion_Romanovic
GarryB
ALAMO
billybatts91
Backman
PapaDragon
VARGR198
69 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38

kvs
    kvs

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 31 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38

Post  kvs Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:34 pm

The Kiev regime is composed of gangsters and skinhead thugs. So the behaviour is consistent. But it is pathetic how they
    still think that they are invincible with the US at their back. As they are losing, badly.

GarryB, flamming_python, d_taddei2, par far, Big_Gazza, ALAMO, Hole and like this post

Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 31 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:59 pm

We need them (US and EU) to lose completely. Just an example.The criminals in the EU approved a law that ban the sale of new petrol and diesel cars by 2035.
    Exceptions will probably be done only for luxury brands that produce less than 10000 cars per year (e.g. Bentley, Bugatti, Ferrari, Rolls-Royce, etc).

Practically they want only rich people to be have a decent life, while all the rest must be brainwashed serfs.

Russia in this case in the Ukraine is also fighting for our freedom.

GarryB, flamming_python, xeno, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole and like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:13 pm

All new commanders of military districts are known:

https://t.me/sashakots/38551

The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation on its website updated the data on the commanders of the military districts:

🔻 Lieutenant General Mordvichev was appointed commander of the troops of the Central Military District in 2023;

🔻Yevgeny Nikiforov has been appointed Commander of the Western Military District since January 2023;

🔻Lieutenant General Rustam Muradov has been appointed Commander of the Eastern Military District;

🔻Colonel-General Kuzovlev has been appointed Commander of the Southern Military District.

ALAMO and Eugenio Argentina like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:33 pm

They are already doing trial runs in some towns where your "carbon footprint" is limited through restrictions on personal transport.
    The degeneration into dystopia is now self-evident.

GarryB, Firebird, Big_Gazza, ALAMO, Rodion_Romanovic, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:47 pm

I have a question for you.
    At the price of one Su-35S or Su-57, which will be more expensive than the Su-35S, how many tanks and howitzers, multiple rocket launchers, mortars can be built and who will cause more damage on the front ? Smile
    If we add to that the price of the flight hour on the plane and the maintenance, then the matter becomes even worse.

My opinion is not authoritative, but I would allocate 50% more money to equip the army with T-14 tanks and 2S35 howitzers than for the Su-57.

Manov dislikes this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:50 pm

The first claim was that "petrol and diesel are dirty".
    Now its that "using energy is bad".
    Local councils in England are already preparing for "climate lockdowns"/"responsible use of energy" ie banning vehicles from town centres. However the public transport equivalents just won't be available in most cases.

In truth its about modern slavery. Some POS doesn't want the West to trade with Russia or any markets with oil/energy. And they jerk off on basically imprisoning people at home ie using Fuckerberg's bullshit "Meta" vr world.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:57 pm

higurashihougi wrote:Which means that Prigozhin was leaking Russian military information and tactics to outsiders. I don't side with anyone in this affair as clearly I have no position and information to judge them, but that is definitely a bad thing for Russia.

Smoke and mirrors. Letting the enemy know you're running out of ammo is one way of luring many more into the trap. One can only hope they will fall for it hook line and sinker.

GarryB, kvs, starman, Lapain, Backman and Belisarius like this post

zare

Post  zare Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:01 pm

My opinion is not authoritative, but I would allocate 50% more money to equip the army with T-14 tanks and 2S35 howitzers than for the Su-57.

Your opinion is valid for the current times. But times have been changing for Russia rapidly. 1999-2008, 2008-2011, 2011-2014, 2014-2022, 2022- the way I see it are different circumstances. In mid 2000s it was logical to develop further Sukhois because it were the source of income; they weren't doing it for the battlefield effect but for money and peacetime development.

In current (schizo) world political climate Russians will have hard time to sell big items to 'neutral' or inbetween states, some of those are NATO, Russia used to sell big stuff to them too. Now it will be harder to compete on the market because Americans will "regulate" that by force of coercion. In current times it's a lot more logical to reroute funds to conventional items.

As I already suggested Russia doesn't have air superiority issues not because of airforce capacity, but because of unprecedented theatre. 50 or 100 Su-57s in 2025 makes less difference than hundreds of modern armor and supporting systems, for the same $

Podlodka77 likes this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:02 pm

@Podlodka77

From one General to another (please take note that I have more stars than you) - Combined Arms is the key. Cool

GarryB and Manov like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:28 pm

Mir Today at 3:02 pm
    @Podlodka77

From one General to another (please take note that I have more stars than you) - Combined Arms is the key. Cool

It is necessary to have all branches of the armed forces, yes, but the importance of the ground forces remains as in any previous period of time - there is no replacement. That's why, if I were Russia, I would still give far, far more money for the ground army and air defense (which the Russians do) than for the air force.
    I am not a general. dunno
    And yes, I wrote that my opinion is not authoritative except that it is my opinion. thumbsup

Mir likes this post

Manov dislikes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:41 pm

GarryB wrote:They are killing the minimum civilians necessary...

Who gives a shit? Since when are those vermin more valuable than Russians?

This pussyfooting is compromising military objectives

GarryB wrote:they can't win this war by carpet bombing Ukraine into extinction, they have to be rational about this...

Says who? You? Greta Tunberg? Angelina Jolie? That's bullshit

This is war not sensitivity training

Extinction of the enemies is the objective

It's definitely one that Russian enemies have

GarryB wrote:there has to be people on the other side who realise they are being used by the US as cannon fodder...

They are not being used, they volunteered

These same "people" will be fighting against subhumans until they win or they are dead and those who survive will be starting insurgency the day after war officially ends

Losing WW2 didn't make them stop being Nazis, Operation Emotional Russian Cum Dumpster sure is shit won't either

GarryB wrote: and to want a different future for the Ukraine...

Ukraine doesn't have a future and can't be allowed to have one

If Ukraine ends up having a future it means that Russia will not have a future

GarryB wrote:otherwise the grinding will just continue forever...

Not forever, only until they run out of Ukrainians

If you think that Russians should keep being retarded pussies with impending expiration date that's fine by me just don't expect me to agree with the idea of it being intelligent approach

owais.usmani, Backman and Arkanghelsk like this post

Manov dislikes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:50 pm

Post  Podlodka77 Today at 3:28 pm

Mir Today at 3:02 pm
    @Podlodka77

It is necessary to have all branches of the armed forces, yes, but the importance of the ground forces remains as in any previous period of time - there is no replacement. That's why, if I were Russia, I would still give far, far more money for the ground army and air defense (which the Russians do) than for the air force.
    I am not a general. dunno
    And yes, I wrote that my opinion is not authoritative except that it is my opinion. thumbs-up

Russkie have something that substitutes the air forces greatly.
    It is a powerful air defense you have called.
    I find it a quite clear message about how the Russian army was constructed.
    AD is made for self-defense.
    Only by the scale of investments, we can judge the real concept behind.

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, Hole, Mir, Broski, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:56 pm

This is a war of attrition, and not only with the Ukraine as should be obvious.

I have a funny thought for that matter.
    It is clear already that we are talking about war of civilisations. No matter how we dress it up.
    The hegemony of westerners, the "wealthy billion" is fading away in the front of our eyes.
    All the myths are falling. The ones they have build for generations with targeted propaganda.
    Everybody with a sane view knows already that the westerners are thugs, and thieves and didn't develop a mentality from slavery and colonial times by an inch.
    Only learned how to cover that better.
    Let's say China knows, that if Russia falls, it will be next on the list.
    As easy as that, no big global strategic thinking is needed to realize that. It is crystal clear.
    So let's play a game.
    What if things will develop, and China will start using Russkie the way that ze Wezt is using Ukrs now?
    Just pump the endless supply of arms, in an infinite stream of trains running BAM 24/7.
    Assisted by the North Korea with waste ammo warehouses and militarized industry.
    Both are supplied by the endless stream of Russian raw materials and energy.
    We all realize that the whole west can't match a production output of Russian MIC.
    The thing so much ridiculous at the first look, that nobody would even dare to use it as an argument a year ago.
    Nobody.
    Realizing the fact, that a billion people economic block consisting of the most "developed" countries like US and the EU cant match the 150 mln population Russia that is 7th global economy.
    It is insane.

Now, add Chinese and NK production lines to that.
    Add Iranian stocks of weapons, drones, and ammo - they realize that would be next after crushing Russia, too.

What is coming out from that perspective?

Ouch.

In some ways this is already what's happening, but becoming a new Ukraine for the anti-Western bloc to use as a battering ram against the West would not be much more of a desirable fate than being the original Ukraine.

Russia gains more from not mobilizing its whole society and economy towards the war effort, keeping growth in the civilian sector and not provoking new waves of emigration, as well as retaining full sovereignty in foreign policy. That's the basis for it being able to develop ties simultaneously not only with China, but also with India, and with other BRICS members including Brazil, which is a country that is not looking for a conflict with the West.

China also I think prefers the current arrangement, where it can continue to compete in Western markets for the most part without any hassle. What Russia really needs from China is investment and a market, and this is what China has been facilitating for Russia. For arms and ammo, Russia can rely on countries with similarly hostile relations with the West such as Belarus, Iran and North Korea. All of them combined with Russia have been proving more than sufficient, and no doubt more integration is coming.
    The collective West, employing its still far from exhausted ex-Warsaw Pact supplies of ammo, bulk purchases from Pakistan, South Korea and others, and its own armaments industries which its currently attempting to expand - is not capable of matching Russia in equipment and ammunition manufacture and won't be able to for some time yet, and that only after huge expenses. Russia in the interim will also not be remaining idle and will seek to expand its own capacities or buy more from North Korea.
    In short, China's manufacturing base won't be needed at the very least, not for a good while yet.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, Manov, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:01 pm

I have a question for you.
    At the price of one Su-35S or Su-57, which will be more expensive than the Su-35S, how many tanks and howitzers, multiple rocket launchers, mortars can be built and who will cause more damage on the front ? Smile
    If we add to that the price of the flight hour on the plane and the maintenance, then the matter becomes even worse.

You are trying to simplify a complicated matter

Sure, on the front-lines themselves a Su-57s cost worth of artillery batteries and tanks might go further than a Su-57.

But then who's going to hunt for enemy low-visibility aircraft with its L-band radars? Who's going to creep up to enemy targets way beyond the front-lines with no warning for them?

The Su-57 is a far more versatile and multi-modal weapons platform than any ground gun or armored vehicle.

Production capacity is also different for artillery, tanks and aircraft plants. You want to keep all 3 loaded with orders

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Manov, Hole, Backman, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Belisarius like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:03 pm

The truth has surfaced Laughing

Donbass Devushka
    @PeImeniPusha
    ·
    4h
    Back in March Ukraine destroyed General Mordvichev, but today he officially replaced General Alexander Lapin as commander of the Central Military.

General Mordvichev commanded the 8th Army, led army units in the battles for Mariupol.

Putin's resurrection skillz.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 31 FpKZbRoXwAAZzOn?format=jpg&name=small

GarryB, franco, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, Mir, Broski and like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:07 pm

@John
    Guy in the picture is not even Mordvichev.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 31 5587a410

This is Mordvichev.

GarryB likes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:21 pm

Tell that to those moronic ukrs who faked the info Laughing

GarryB, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:50 pm

flamming_python Today at 4:01 pm

You are trying to simplify a complicated matter
    Sure, on the front-lines themselves a Su-57s cost worth of artillery batteries and tanks might go further than a Su-57.

But then who's going to hunt for enemy low-visibility aircraft with its L-band radars? Who's going to creep up to enemy targets way beyond the front-lines with no warning for them?

Given that there is still no well-developed and built air defense in the West, I think that their "lines" are not that well protected. All those planes have to land and that's when they are the target of the entire range of missile weapons. And all that Western aviation would first have to pass a test against not only Russian aviation but also Russian air defense. I give my vote for air defense in relation to aviation, and in combination with hypersonic missiles and cruise missiles, the western air force is already in the red.

I do not take anything for granted and I am aware that every major conflict brings certain changes in the way of warfare.
    Until the First World War, you had cavalry, and then the first tanks and planes appeared, the full potential of which was reached in the Second World War. And thus the way of warfare was changed and improved.
    After the Second World War, the sudden construction of air defense systems begins and aviation fades a bit even in the Vietnam War, while with the current air defense systems and not only them but also with missile weapons, the dominance of aviation has already been shaken.

Manov dislikes this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:56 pm

But it is pathetic how they still think that they are invincible with the US at their back.
    They really believe that they are the chosen people. Will be fun to watch what the west does with all those morons after the end of the SMO.
    Will EU nations keep spending millions a year to keep fake "embassies" open?
    Will the spend more millions in keeping some fake "government in exile"?

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 31 Fph4fc10
    Russia is attacking these three settlements/villages/towns
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 31 Fpiumo10
    It looks more and more like Albright.
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 31 Fpkcgn10
    Nice weapon. A little bit clumsy for trench warfare.  lol1

GarryB, d_taddei2, par far, kvs, ALAMO, zepia, zardof and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:16 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 31 Fpjy8w10
    Gryanikovka, Kharkov region, was liberated.
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 31 Fpk5kc10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 31 Img_2021

GarryB, psg, flamming_python, Werewolf, d_taddei2, par far, kvs and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:42 pm

The head of the Wagner PMC, Yevhen Prigozhin, has said that a group of foreign mercenaries, which also included American Peter Reid, was liquidated by the Ukrainian military.

"Peter Reid was killed at the intersection of Field Street and 1st Pushkinsky Lane. If we put this point on the map, we can see that there was at least 5 km to the Wagner PMC positions and there is high-rise construction on all sides (map attached).

Therefore, any military expert will confirm that it was almost impossible to detect this point and to strike from our positions.

I can say with certainty that Peter Reed was killed by an insider. And the report on this murder was prepared by Estonian Lajdinen.
    Therefore, the allegations against the Wagner PMC have no corroboration," Prigozhin told CNN when asked.

https://t.me/sitreports/4648

GarryB, xeno, kvs, zardof and Backman like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:08 pm

That doesn't even make any sense.

The missile, which clearly is a Kornet, comes flying straight from the southeast. Backtracking the trajectory shows that it was well within range for Wagner positions on the southeastern outskirts, and there are no highrises in the way (but the launch itself should have been from a slightly elevated position).

Who destroyed the burned-out armored car next to the van? The Ukrainians too?

Sounds even sillier as they are claiming that it was a setup by the photographer in the car that drove past. "Yeah, tell you what guys, you go over there and then fire this captured Russian missile at these guys mere feet from me so that I can get a nice video and blame the Russians for deliberately attacking aid workers. Make sure you don't aim an inch to the left, I need to survive for this brilliant plan to work."

I assume it's just some low-effort trolling by Prigozhin. But it looks bad because it's the same crap the Ukrainians often do, "they're firing at themselves!"

Hole likes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:17 pm

But he trolls notorious.
    Not even sure why anyone puts attention to what he is saying dunno

flamming_python, par far, kvs, Hole, Broski, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

Kiko
    Kiko

Post  Kiko Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:57 pm

Russian forces liberated the strategically important village of Paraskovievka in the DPR, 02.17.2023.

The head of PMC "Wagner" Prigozhin announced the transfer of Paraskovievka under the full control of the Russian Armed Forces.

MOSCOW, February 17 - RIA Novosti. Russian troops have taken full control of the village of Paraskoviyivka in the Donetsk People's Republic, Yevgeny Prigozhin, founder of the Wagner group, said on his Telegram channel.

"The village of Paraskoviyivka is completely under the control of Wagner units... Despite heavy losses and bloody battles, the guys completely occupied the entire territory," the statement says.

On Tuesday, the acting head of the DPR, Denis Pushilin, said that the capture of this village would make it possible to get out and block the road to Chasov Yar..

Paraskovievka is located between Soledar and Artemovsk. The latter is located in the part of the republic controlled by the Kyiv authorities, north of Gorlovka. This is an important transport hub for supplying the Ukrainian Armed Forces in the Donbass . Fierce battles are going on for it.

On Friday afternoon, Deputy Prime Minister of Ukraine Irina Vereshchuk called on the residents of Artemivsk to leave the city as soon as possible. On the eve of the Ukrainian media wrote that they began to take out the archives of state institutions from there. The press secretary of the eastern group of Ukrainian troops, Serhiy Cherevaty, announced the restriction of access to Artemivsk for civilians.

https://ria.ru/20230217/paraskovievka-1852782002.html

GarryB, franco, xeno, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, VARGR198 and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:33 pm

Given that there is still no well-developed and built air defense in the West, I think that their "lines" are not that well protected. All those planes have to land and that's when they are the target of the entire range of missile weapons. And all that Western aviation would first have to pass a test against not only Russian aviation but also Russian air defense. I give my vote for air defense in relation to aviation, and in combination with hypersonic missiles and cruise missiles, the western air force is already in the red.

I do not take anything for granted and I am aware that every major conflict brings certain changes in the way of warfare.
    Until the First World War, you had cavalry, and then the first tanks and planes appeared, the full potential of which was reached in the Second World War. And thus the way of warfare was changed and improved.
    After the Second World War, the sudden construction of air defense systems begins and aviation fades a bit even in the Vietnam War, while with the current air defense systems and not only them but also with missile weapons, the dominance of aviation has already been shaken.

Well there you go, you've said everything yourself

As for NATO air defense - it's primarily fighter-based, with there being a lot of missile systems as well actually only based at sea; but the quantities we are talking about in both cases are huge.

For what concerns the Ukraine, so far the vast majority of Russian missile attacks have been detected en-route and alarms raised, which enables everyone at suspected targets to retaliate
    And using close air-support or striking tactical targets from the air is problematic for Russia, due to the density of air defenses which are in hiding but which can start to receive tracking data as soon as radars in the Ukraine or Poland or Romania pick up Russian aircraft.

Stealth strike platforms, stealth cruise missiles, stealthy cheap plastic drones like Geranium are all vital here; all 3 of them because they're all optimized against different sorts of targets.

GarryB, d_taddei2, zardof, mnrck and jon_deluxe like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:08 am