Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+65
Werewolf
mavaff
ahmedfire
zepia
berhoum
Tolstoy
Sujoy
RTN
ludovicense
DerWolf
Walther von Oldenburg
Godric
mack8
higurashihougi
Stealthflanker
d_taddei2
Kiko
ucmvulcan
Isos
thegopnik
zare
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Belisarius
TMA1
Scorpius
xeno
Firebird
PhSt
Regular
limb
GunshipDemocracy
SeigSoloyvov
zorobabel
caveat emptor
JohninMK
Broski
lyle6
Mir
Arrow
Dr.Snufflebug
Arkanghelsk
Erk
sepheronx
kvs
Big_Gazza
Airbornewolf
mnztr
dionis
Odin of Ossetia
littlerabbit
Azi
pavi
Podlodka77
nomadski
franco
flamming_python
Hole
famschopman
Rodion_Romanovic
GarryB
ALAMO
billybatts91
Backman
PapaDragon
VARGR198
69 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38

ALAMO

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 17 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38

Post  ALAMO Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:57 pm

Except for the various Spetsnaz units, the Russian Army doesn't really do light infantry anymore,

Well, they do.
    Sort off.
    They have delegated the responsibilities down to the Rosgvardia.

There is one very serious thing people should realize.

Russian army AD2022 was not constructed for offensive operations much.
    Sure, it was a 1+ mln people, but only after the Shoigu reforms - that was actually limited to some 100k increase in both combat units and the backstage.
    It used to be just an ordinary static well-being army, capable of low-scale operations in the close perimeter.
    That is gone.
    What NATO is facing now, is 0.7 mln land army unseen in the last 3 decades.
    I will just give you a perspective - the peak of the US being in Europe was .. some 300k of all troops, leaving <200k land forces, 1/5 of those being support.
    The stupidity of westerner muster of the puppets located us against a formidable force that is rapidly developing and rearming, while the EU has nothing to put against.
    The whole thing is so much stupid, that not a single sane person would believe in that in 2000.
    Europe is not the one I have voted for.

@Alamo
    THose pathetic American masses of "medals" on the jacket remind me of one thing.
    The cub scouts! hehe
    "Arrow award in tying your shoelaces up".
    Actually maybe the female equivalent, the Brownies or whatever they are called now.

My message was how small is a difference, considering the hate lot that tears the both.

GarryB, kvs, JohninMK, Hole, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 17 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38

Post  higurashihougi Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:18 pm

Zelensky is not the only clown in the Maidan regime.

The Chargé d'affaires of Maidan in Vietnam is also a clown herself.

I have never seen anyone with horrible diplomatic skill like her. She has been very successful in gaining the anger and backlash from Vietnamese netizens.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 17 Natali10

Honestly what do you thing about the arrogant undiplomatic attitude that Zelensky and co. have been behave ? I failed to see the logic for such an arrogant and rude attitude in diplomacy. Is that a farce that Zelensky has to act under the direction and command of the USA puppetmasters ?

sepheronx, GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, d_taddei2, zepia, GunshipDemocracy and like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:23 pm

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, zardof, littlerabbit and Hole like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:33 pm

New post higurashihougi Today at 7:18 pm

Zelensky is not the only clown in the Maidan regime.

Let them entertain us.
    Seriously.

flamming_python, GunshipDemocracy and Hole like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:38 pm

Didn't take long for them to rescind their own dog & pony show

sepheronx, GarryB, d_taddei2, VARGR198, littlerabbit, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:11 pm

the Brownies
    Is this the american version of the Hitler youth?

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 17 Fow33c10
    Baltic Fleet Marine with TactiKitten.  pirat
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 17 Foxssk10
    sniper
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 17 Foyy3g10
    Preparing for Seversk. And Slovyansk.

GarryB, psg, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, zardof, littlerabbit and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:12 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 17 Foywy_10
    Preparations for the Super Bowl, Doritos in the air.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, littlerabbit, Broski and like this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:25 pm

@Hole
    Brownies is/was the youngest section of the girl guides. I hear they got renamed.
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:30 pm

Who choose that name in the first place, Eva Braun?
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:41 pm

I think it's because they sell brownies

flamming_python, GunshipDemocracy and TMA1 like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:13 pm

Here is one for you, my friend.

How the marines with the other forces carried the biggest urbant battle since Stalingrad.

In 0.5 mln city, against a determined & well-prepared opponent.

Sure that you would have commanded them much better, nobody has a single hesitation.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

GarryB, littlerabbit, Hole, Scorpius, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:33 pm

@Alamo
    THose pathetic American masses of "medals" on the jacket remind me of one thing.
    The cub scouts! hehe
    "Arrow award in tying your shoelaces up".
    Actually maybe the female equivalent, the Brownies or whatever they are called now.

Why were Girl Guides called Brownies?
    In 1915 Lord Baden Powell's sister Agnes suggested the name 'Brownies', who were helpful little creatures in a fairy story she loved.

In Canada name being changed to Embers because it was felt that Brownies was racist... you got to love the PC world. attack

My daughter was in them but I did not know the origin of the name and all my boys were in the male Beavers/Cubs/Scouts. Funny thing is that the male group allows females while the female group is strictly female. thumbsup

sepheronx, GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs, ALAMO, GunshipDemocracy, Hole and Belisarius like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:38 pm

To ALAMO....

Alamo, you have no idea how nice it is to wage "war" from an armchair. Suspect  
    You sit in a warm room, then light a cigarette (if you're a smoker) and then with coffee you deploy the troops like a real military (forum) leader..
    Then, as an excellent general, you get information from your subordinates (Western media, Ukrop channels, as well as other rodents), and you realize that everything is already lost if YOU PERSONALLY are not a participant in the event. bounce
    Russia is a country that now has over 150 million inhabitants, but according to some members of the forum, I think that a semi-literate world lives there. They (Russian people) don't know anything about Russia, the Kremlin and the Duma, as well as the military academies, those are all idiots - the Russian military forum has greater capacities.

That's how it is with a good part of the members of this forum.
    Farewell of Slavianka, Composed in the Russian Empire... thumbsup

GarryB, ALAMO, zardof, Hole and Belisarius like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:59 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 17 Scree590
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 17 Scree591
    Crew of an Ukro SPG getting evacuated by Medics, propably after some Lancet strike.
    Artillery crew consists of young men, the rear services personnel mostly of woman and old men.
    According to the source this is widespread now.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, GunshipDemocracy, zardof and like this post

Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:10 pm

Funny thing is that the male group allows females while the female group is strictly female

That is another absurdity of modern western society.
    Any place that was in the past useful for young men to build camaraderie or good qualities must be destroyed or made woke.

Anyway, I am sure that nowadays the girl scout would be forced to welcome a large and muscolar boy that says that he identifies as a female (and if he likes girls no problems because he can be "lesbian")

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, zardof and Broski like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:12 pm

This Ghost guy used to be alright but he's been more of a armchair general lately.

The armchair generals say everything was done wrong in the Ugledar rush and if only they were leading it , everything would have been prestine. But then when the real Russian general appears to have done a rush right , it was a "lucky one".

GarryB, flamming_python, d_taddei2, kvs, zepia, Odin of Ossetia, zardof and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:15 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 17 Fox-ue10
    Turns out Karma is not a bitch, but an Alligator.

GarryB, psg, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia and like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:26 pm

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, zardof, littlerabbit, Hole, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:27 pm

Post  Podlodka77 Today at 9:38 pm
    To ALAMO....
    Alamo, you have no idea how nice it is to wage "war" from an armchair. Suspect  

Nobody could grant me a better complement bro welcome Very Happy

They (Russian people) don't know anything about Russia, the Kremlin and the Duma, as well as the military academies, those are all idiots - the Russian military forum has greater capacities.

Just imagine.
    There is some poor bastard who accidentally finished his officers' course in 1995.
    He was thrown in Chechnya after that and fought a 1999 campaign.
    Went to the higher command course after.
    Raised in ranks, and went a full tour on the Russian borders against the Taliban.
    In 2008, spearheaded the rescue operation to Cchinvali, speeding in the Gori tunnel, with ad hoc assembled units of the 58th Army.
    Was awarded with the supreme command studies at the highest level of military academy.
    In 2015, landed in Syria to carry an operation towards securing its principal existence against the terrorists who chopped the heads off for a 9 y/o, ate a liver of killed opponent, and put the POW into cages to drown them, burn them alive, execute them by shooting in the back of their heads or drawn them into the open sea - all in live stream.
    How shitty is the career if we compare it with our PD !
    Oh shit, why he is not lecturing in the military academy of the general staff? It is simply outrageous! Let me cal Vlad at the spot!
    PD, my good lad, expect the call from Shoigu early in the morning!

littlerabbit, Hole, Scorpius, Broski, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

littlerabbit
    littlerabbit

Post  littlerabbit Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:24 pm

I was thinking a lot about last year's SMO/СВО in ex-Ukraine. At first it looks like they wanted to finish it quickly, with help of some elements inside Ukraine, but that plan failed and they were forced to adjust their actions to new reality. unshaven

Personally, I believe they were too slow in their reaction (mobilisation etc.), but I don't have enough data to claim this. Now it's a different thing, but it still looks like Russian troops are waiting for something (NATO invasion or whatever, I don't know).

Some of Russia's military activities reminds me on Russian strategy in Syria: slowly, but firmly, step by step.

Russia, Iran and Syria needed practically 3 or 4 years to liberate most of the country, so Russia might need few more years for ex-Ukraine, if this tempo of operations continues.

I'm not an expert of any sort (only observer), so I could be very wrong. pwnd

I'm interested what you guys think about this, what are similarities (if any) and differences between Russian military activities in Syria and ex-Ukraine, especially in last few months? dunno

franco and nomadski like this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:37 pm

ALAMO wrote:...

The guy with the red backpack is a fighter with the call sign "String". He is 24 years old, he has already received the title of Hero of Russia, was wounded (his foot was torn off when a mine exploded), but was going to return to the front after rehabilitation.

franco, ALAMO and Belisarius like this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:42 pm

littlerabbit wrote:Personally, I believe they were too slow in their reaction (mobilisation etc.), but I don't have enough data to claim this.
    Too slow compared to who, man? This is the largest military conflict in Europe since the Second World War, and mobilization on such a scale was carried out anywhere more than 40 years ago. Ask about whether the United States or any NATO country is capable of carrying out a similar mobilization in such a time frame? Are they capable of conducting offensive operations in a high-intensity military conflict, against superior enemy forces and at the same time have a loss ratio from 1:5 to 1:10 in their favor?

franco, d_taddei2, kvs, ALAMO, Godric, Hole, Broski and like this post

Kiko
    Kiko

Post  Kiko Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:10 am

Freudian slip: Following the Nord Streams' terrorism disclosure, eminent Joseph Robinette Jr. is getting increasingly paranoid. He's ordering the shooting down of every flying object above Yanquiland!

GarryB likes this post

littlerabbit
    littlerabbit

Post  littlerabbit Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:51 am

@ Scorpius

I meant it looks to me they were waiting for too long to start with mobilisation. I thought in Spring last year they will start it before Summer.  Neutral

That looked too slowly, in my eyes. We all could see Russia didn't have enough ground troops in that moment.

As I said, I'm just an observer from distance.  Wink

Last edited by littlerabbit on Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kiko
    Kiko

Post  Kiko Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:52 am

Don't know where to put this so I'll insert it here:

China is mocking America, by Daria Volkova for VZGLYAD. 02.12.2023.

For the third time in recent days, a balloon has been shot down over the territory of North America - this time in the airspace of Canada. “The Chinese made the Americans look like complete idiots,” experts comment on what is happening and explain exactly what military and political tasks China is solving in this way in confrontation with the United States.

Another unidentified flying object was shot down on Saturday by the North American Joint Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) over Northern Canada. The first reports of "air spying" in the skies over the North American continent noted that NORAD was tracking the movement of one or two objects, but in the end only one ball was shot down.

Canadian National Defense Minister Anita Anand said the object was flying at an altitude of approximately 40,000 feet (12.1 km), intruded into Canadian airspace and posed a real threat to the safety of civilian flights. According to her, the object was shot down about 100 miles (160 km) from the Canada-US border over Canadian territory in the central part of the Yukon region. An operation is underway to search for the downed object, an investigation has been launched, in which members of the Canadian Armed Forces and the National Police are involved.

According to CNN , the White House issued a statement saying that US President Joe Biden and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau approved the shooting down of the object by a NORAD fighter on Saturday.

It is worth noting that this is the third similar balloon discovered over the North American continent over the past few days. All three flying objects, according to the American media, were shot down by an American F-22 fighter with an AIM-9X missile.

The first Chinese balloon was shot down on 4 February. Before that, he "traveled" in the sky over North America for nine days. China responded by protesting the use of force by the United States to attack a civilian unmanned balloon and said  that Washington's decision to shoot down the balloon damaged relations between the two countries. According to Beijing, the balloon had a purely civilian purpose (meteorological research) and flew into US airspace by accident.

Last Friday, the White House announced the shooting down of a second flying object over the territory of Alaska. The report noted that Washington did not know which country the device belonged to, but it was much smaller than the previously downed Chinese balloon. The US administration noted that they expect to pick up the wreckage of the destroyed apparatus and study them.

Commenting on the shooting down of the first flying ball, military expert Vasily Kashin, in a conversation with the VZGLYAD newspaper , noted that it was hard to believe in the plausibility of the version of the American side that the object was shot down as soon as it ceased to pose a danger to people on earth.

“If the United States could successfully aim a missile at a Chinese balloon, they would shoot it down before it even approached the American border. In addition, he flew over very sparsely populated areas, and not over Singapore or the Netherlands, ” said the interlocutor.

Why could the first US aircraft not be shot down for so many days, and the next two were shot down literally in a matter of hours? Where could so many mysterious flying objects over North America come from in such a short time, and who could benefit from this?

As for the very possibility of shooting down an apparatus, it critically depends on the height at which it is located. Balloons often fly in the stratosphere, that is, at an altitude of more than 25-30 km. This height is not accessible to modern fighters, nor to the weapons placed on them. The balloon discovered in the sky of Canada was immediately shot down precisely because it was at a height of 12 thousand meters convenient for destruction. In addition, there are difficulties with the possibility of aiming missiles at devices of this type.

And of course, experts have little doubt that all these devices (and not just the first one) were launched from China with a high probability.

“Judging by the published photographs and recalling military history, it is obvious that these are reconnaissance probes that have been actively used since the 60s of the last century. By the way, at that time the Americans launched them over the territory of the USSR, ”military analyst Mikhail Onufrienko tells the VZGLYAD newspaper.

“The principle of operation of such reconnaissance probes is simple: the equipment located on them allows you to take data on the operation of radar stations. Radars turn on in active mode when such objects are detected and begin to track their flight, ”the source said.

“In addition, those stations are connected that do not work in normal mode and are not recognized. Part of the guidance stations goes into active mode to eliminate the object. That is, such intelligence allows you to hack into the enemy’s air and missile defense system, ”the expert argues.

“You can also track enemy air defense vulnerabilities, establish concentration sites and understand much of what is not clear in cases where enemy radars operate in a passive mode. And besides, to understand in general the system of work of NORAD: how they react, how decisions are made, and so on. It is impossible to avoid opening the system with such intelligence, since it is obliged to respond, ”he believes.

“Since now, due to the situation with Taiwan, relations between China and the United States have deteriorated significantly and tensions are growing, it is logical from the Chinese position to make a dozen or two of these balloons, especially since they are very inexpensive, and launch them over the territory of the States,” notes Onufrienko.

“This allows Beijing to get a lot of benefits. They took some intelligence information, disturbed the enemy without approaching the exchange of nuclear strikes. In addition, the Chinese also made the Americans look like complete idiots, ” the expert concluded.

The authors  of the Telegram channel "Russia in Global Affairs" believe that "Chinese balloons are being inflated into a huge threat." “Beijing, they say now, is watching the whole world from them, and the ball over the United States is only the tip of the iceberg. I wonder why no one has noticed them until now? Maybe they are invisible too? - the authors of the channel are ironic.

Thus, incidents with unidentified flying objects over the United States may well be an attempt by the Chinese to open the air defense systems of the United States. However, in addition to purely military, they also have a significant military-psychological significance - for the first time in a very long time, the United States found itself in the position of defending, not attacking, reacting to the enemy's initiative, and not imposing its own. High-altitude balloons have proven to be an extremely effective instrument of pressure on the United States - and at the moment with almost impunity.

https://vz.ru/world/2023/2/12/1198914.html

GarryB, franco, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Lapain and like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:06 am