Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+68
Scorpius
Rasisuki Nebia
Eugenio Argentina
andalusia
Sprut-B
zare
Krepost
Sujoy
Odin of Ossetia
DerWolf
AMCXXL
Kiko
Podlodka77
VARGR198
0nillie0
Serberus
mr_hd
walle83
diabetus
Regular
psg
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Airbornewolf
Karl Haushofer
TMA1
Pacense
bandit6
ArgentinaGuard
Big_Gazza
PhSt
Tolstoy
PapaDragon
Werewolf
caveat emptor
ludovicense
flamming_python
lyle6
Arkanghelsk
nomadski
famschopman
Firebird
lancelot
Dr.Snufflebug
mnztr
dionis
sepheronx
GarryB
thegopnik
Ispan
kvs
billybatts91
zorobabel
Broski
limb
Azi
Hole
Belisarius
Arrow
SeigSoloyvov
franco
Erk
ucmvulcan
Stealthflanker
JohninMK
SolidarityWithRussia
Isos
Ned86
ALAMO
72 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #34

VARGR198
    VARGR198

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #34 - Page 31 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #34

Post  VARGR198 Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:30 am

Last edited by VARGR198 on Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, flamming_python, Regular, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, zardof and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #34 - Page 31 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #34

Post  flamming_python Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:34 am

Saw a post on TG that Rogozin's injuries were serious. Not sure if true or just Khokhol NATzO propaganda

Word to the wise - it's a war-zone, not a place for posing in front of the cameras or celebrating in restaurants

sepheronx, GarryB, psg, Regular, ALAMO, PapaDragon, zepia and like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:35 am

This jihadmobile made me laugh Laughing Laughing

GarryB, flamming_python, Regular and Belisarius like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:06 pm

With more resources . The smaller economy , has to fight smart , not hard . The smaller economy is exhausted first . 
    Russia is the side with more ressources. With much cheaper energy. And it´s real economy is not smaller than that of
    NATO countries. Virtual economy looks great on charts but doesn´t help in a war.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B, Broski, Belisarius, Podlodka77 and SolidarityWithRussia like this post

Odin of Ossetia dislikes this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:06 pm

Ukro AD has trouble hitting a drone. Anyone can ID the drone ?

GarryB, Odin of Ossetia, littlerabbit and Belisarius like this post

famschopman

Post  famschopman Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:43 pm

I don't believe the economy has such a massive impact. It's all about behavior, mindset and how you chose to lead. Like Putin said in one of his earlier speeches; you need to make sure to avoid bureaucracy and formalism and he is absolutely right. That statement is maybe one of the most important key things people need to recognize.

The US has a multi multi multi billion budget for defense that far exceeds the Russian budget. But a lot of that budget is wasted on bureaucracy, political games, assessments, analysis, adjustments and so on. Every actor in the process takes a piece of the pie and will do everything they can to stretch their assignment as long as they can make money from it. The budget is a political game by senators for their constituents; "see my appointment and my ability to secure budget for our state made sure you all have jobs".

If you are able to spend your budget efficiently, trying to reduce the bureaucracy and process creep, operate with high agility. Then you can get much more value from a much smaller budget and with more agility also comes more ability to innovate and try out things on the battlefield. It doesn't work, adjust, retry.

GarryB, flamming_python, VARGR198 and Belisarius like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:00 pm

Discussing US military budget is pointless.
    I will just remind that the Pentagon failed the audit. Again.
    Fifth time in a row if I remember.
    Some high value assets are prescribed to non-existing people, institutions, and the way the paper work was carried out suggests fraud from the very beginning. Like totally fictional names, or filling the gaps with random letters, dates etc.
    It is one big money laundering system, nothing else.
    I remember back in the 90s, when two F-16 engines have been "discovered" while a routine road check in Germany. It was scandal laud enough to roll some high-ranking heads back then. Now, you can just defraud billions of worth military equipment, and nobody cares.
    Each army and military is a brothel.
    The only question is how big it is, and if the hookers are young and skilled.
    The US ones are not, and the brothel is on fire already.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, Ispan, Sprut-B, Hole, gc3762 and like this post

limb

Post  limb Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:22 pm

Ukro AD has trouble hitting a drone. Anyone can ID the drone ?

https://twitter.com/ZaTritsa/status/1606255674702368768?s=20&t=VJRI4Bky5l3GCsYKTwPNZA

Zala 421-12

GarryB and Odin of Ossetia like this post

Rasisuki Nebia
    Rasisuki Nebia

Post  Rasisuki Nebia Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:08 pm

Winter offensive preparations in full swing

x15 T-90M
    x8 T-80
    x14 T-62M

franco, Firebird, Big_Gazza, zepia, VARGR198, zardof, littlerabbit and like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:22 pm

Take a look at that film, because it is very interesting.
    De facto all the footage we get lately is.
    If you don't understand the comments in the background, they are discussing if the tanks are new or modified, if those are going to the front or to the factory.
    There are two echelons.
    One in the front is filled with brand new&fresh 72B3Ms. Looks like all the fancy stuff is installed on them, including new side skirts, new ERA arrangements etc.
    In the background, those are 62s heading for modernization to the factory.

Tons of materials revealed lately with fresh new Russian equipment heading the frontline.
    Lugansk is literally stuffed with 90Ms, parked along the routes in open.
    Those tanks are fresh new either.
    All of them are ...
    Those are not old, weared&teared 64BWs or 80Bs the republican militias operated with.
    Those are not even vanilla mod 2016 72B3s or 80BWMs we watched for a while with Russian regular army troops.
    We talk about the fresh new deliveries of the latest gear, in a hands of regular Russian heavy army units.
    This is a stuff prepared for war with NATO. Regular war.

An axe will be unleashed on the poor arses of Ukrowehrmacht any moment and will tear them apart.
    God have mercy on the poor souls they might have left ...

Edit : just focused myself and right, combo of 72B3Ms and 90Ms.

GarryB, franco, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, Ispan, zardof, littlerabbit and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:12 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #34 - Page 31 Fkqrdw10
    Still to much hot spots.
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #34 - Page 31 Fkqkp_10

sepheronx, GarryB, Airbornewolf, PapaDragon, zepia, limb, Broski and like this post

Odin of Ossetia dislikes this post

limb

Post  limb Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:34 pm

After 2 weeks, wagner has failed to make any progress in opytnoe. The suburb is 200wid and 450m long. Its just a few dacha houses, a few blocks and a store. Thats it. Yet wagner has been "advancing" there for the past week with 0 progress, and celebrating that it took 300m there in 3 months.

Kleshcheevka wont be taken until maybe march 2023. Its far too heavily fortified. Its surrounded by hilltops with large underground bunker networks, and the troops there are supported with at least 30 western artillery pieces(40km+ range) and several  M270 launchers, because its such a critical village.  And wagner doesnt use thermobarics 99.5% of the time. Wagner doesnt use airburst artillery either There will also be no russian air support in the for of heavy bombs. This means they will use shitty contact fuze 120, 122 and a little 152mm shells to inaccuratebombard the hilltops, doing barely any damage. Just like zaitsevo and veselaya dolina, it will take 3 more months at least before kleshcheevka is taken.

Odin of Ossetia and nomadski like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:47 pm

As far as I understand, Wagner doesn’t their own artillery per se, their purpose is to inflict casualties on Ukrainians, probe and soften the likes. Think of them as endless waves of DRGs.

I believe main punch will come from Russian army itself

GarryB likes this post

DerWolf

Post  DerWolf Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:13 pm

Recently so many footage with a lot of tanks in telegam and twitter.
    Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:48 pm

The primary purpose of war is the destruction of the enemy’s ability to resist. That is a long process – weapons and ammunition destroyed, supply routes blocked, war production stopped, political will broken. And it’s a bloody process – the enemy’s soldiers must be killed or maimed. Clausewitz –
    https://sonar21.com/ukraine-war-what-next-by-helmholtz-smith/

GarryB, franco, Big_Gazza and owais.usmani like this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:05 pm

PhSt wrote:Saw a post on TG that Rogozin's injuries were serious. Not sure if true or just Khokhol NATzO propaganda
    The splinter in the back, a centimeter from the spine, they did not dare to operate on the spot, since the operation is complicated. They can't transport him to Moscow yet, because of the weather conditions. At least, he continues to post messages on social networks.

GarryB and owais.usmani like this post

dionis

Post  dionis Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:06 pm

As far as I understand, Wagner doesn’t their own artillery per se, their purpose is to inflict casualties on Ukrainians, probe and soften the likes. Think of them as endless waves of DRGs.

I believe main punch will come from Russian army itself

Pretty sure both Wagner and the Chechen guys are used for the ultra high risk job.. aka storming the enemy positions on foot.

Given the types of people that end up in those groups, they are less likely to cause a stir if they die.

Regular likes this post

Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:17 pm

I have been sick yet again, the cold at the office is killing me.

I am feeling a bit better, for those in the know, how many Ukro brigades have gone through the Artemovsk meat grinder already?

According to the latest reports

24th, 57th, 30th and 71st Jaeger brigades of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the area of Bakhmut,

128th Mountain Assault in Soledar

The casualties are mounting, judging by this item, so where was the 92th Brigade fighting to suffer 700 dead and likely twice that in wounded? That's likely 50% losses (I believemost brigades average strength is 3.000)

https://antimaydan.info/2022/12/istochnik_krematorij_harkova_zanizhaet_statistiku_po_poteryam_vsu.html

"Yesterday," Sent to Ukraine " [another Telegram channel-Ed.] reported that the relatives of the AFU militants cannot find their relatives who last contacted them in the area of the settlement of Novoselovskoye. We managed to contact a subscriber from Chuguev, who confirmed that all local hospitals and morgues are filled with the bodies of AFU militants. Russian military officers reported that only from December 1 to December 10, 346 bodies of the dead were delivered to the Chuguev morgue (32 Stadionnaya Street). The subscriber not only confirmed this information, but also updated it: over the past 10 days, about 350 more bodies were delivered there, 80 of which are from Novoselovsky district. Basically, these are the bodies of those destroyed from the Kharkiv 92nd separate mechanized brigade, " the channel reports.

I have seen somewhere but I can't find it that the 92 Brigade has been rotated out and replaced by a 120 Brigade of Volkssturm

EDIT:

"The Ukrainian Armed Forces lost more than 250 officers in Bakhmut during the month due to NATO tactics: details

Since the end of November, the death rate of junior and senior officers in the AFU units deployed to Bakhmut has been exploding"

"According to the Military Chronicle, the largest losses among platoon and company commanders were recorded in the 57th motorized infantry, 60th infantry, 46th airmobile and 59th motorized infantry brigades of the Ukrainian army, which arrived in Bakhmut to strengthen the defense and strengthen the front."

⚡ Data on the dead soldiers and officers of the Armed Forces of Ukraine according to the analysis of the media and social networks for the day on December 22-23, 2022.
    Artemovsk (Bakhmut) - 327 people.

In total, there are about 700 people on the Donbass front.

The main parts of the bearing losses near Bakhmut:
    - 10 mountain brigade
    - 97 brigade
    - 79 brigade (other reports claim this suffered heavy losses in Maryinka, the brigade might have been split in two sectors, and  I recall I wrote something about this, about "dowry" units, but to err in the side of caution I am not counting it)
    - 57 brigade

The rotation of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the Bakhmut military conglomerate is more than 2,000 people per day.

So summing it up, these are the identified formations:

Brigades

10 mountain brigade
    46 airmobile
    57 motorized infantry
    59 motorized infantry
    60 infantry
    71 Jaeger
    79 brigade (part of it)
    97 brigade
    120 Territorial (replaced 92)
    128 Mountain Assault

That's a dozen (!) brigades, the previous report I read from a few weeks ago was that 4 were out, so the sector around Artemovsk is sucking even more forces than I thought

Last edited by Ispan on Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:29 pm; edited 4 times in total

GarryB, franco, Big_Gazza, zepia, JohninMK, littlerabbit, Sprut-B and like this post

Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:29 pm

Ukrainian Army's 128th Mountain Assault Brigade is at least partially composed of the ethnic Rusins from the Trans-Carpathian Rus?

Any defections from them? Question

https://asaland.proboards.com/thread/278/transcarpathian-rus-demands-independence

They did not want to take up arms to fight for their own independence, now they are used by the Ukrainians as cannon fodder.

GarryB likes this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:39 pm

@Ispan
    I have seen somewhere but I can't find it that the 92 Brigade has been rotated out and replaced by a 120 Brigade of Volkssturm

That's correct. There is a video from 120th brigade in Bakhmut. I believe that it is not 92nd, but 93rd brigade that was rotated out. They are shipped back to Chernigov oblast.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:09 pm

I am feeling a bit better, for those in the know, how many Ukro brigades have gone through the Artemovsk meat grinder already?

I have the feeling they have no such things as brigades or regiments or any other form of structure.

They just send as much people as they find on the front giving them the order to shoot at any russian they see.

GarryB likes this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:19 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #34 - Page 31 Fkrvbz10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #34 - Page 31 Fkrvca10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #34 - Page 31 Fkrvcu10
    VVP in Tula.

That's a dozen (!) brigades, the previous report I read from a few weeks ago was that 4 were out, so the sector around Artemovsk is sucking even more forces than I thought
    According to some "former" american officer most of these units lost around 70% of their personnel in the last days/weeks.

GarryB, psg, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, littlerabbit, Sprut-B, Broski and like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:28 pm

@Isos

They still maintain structure and try their best to rotate, what is going with teroborona is other discussion. It seems they only rotate them in bodybags.

GarryB likes this post

Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:29 pm

It's not a feeling, you are right. I wrote about it recently, but all the Serbian "Vinjak" (brandy) I drank to heal my sickness obliterated my memory
    unshaven

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2022/11/16/ofensivas-y-tacticas-de-ataque-y-defensa-de-ambos-bandos-iv/

Excerpt:

Organization, or lack of it: what are the "donation" units?

In fact, the command of the Ukrainian army, when forming any offensive group, is forced to be content with units of various formations, since there are practically no brigades left in the army structure that have retained their organic integrity.

The fact is that for various reasons, almost all Ukronazi formations are forced to disperse into companies and battalions in different parts of the front. For example, units of the 14th Mechanized Brigade may have been identified simultaneously in Ugledar, Bakhmut, Kherson, Svatovo and in the temporary cantonment in Dnepropetrovsk. And this is not an intelligence error, but quite reliable information. Since the headquarters of this 14th Brigade, according to the combat orders received, was forced to send, for example, a mechanized battalion to Ugledar, a tank company to Svatovo, an artillery group to the Kherson direction and a reconnaissance company to Bakhmut, and at the same time, the headquarters and the remaining units are in Dnepropetrovsk to instruct and frame replacements. This state of affairs is present in almost all brigades of the Ukrainian army. Of course, this excludes the use of whole brigades or divisions.

At the front, separate battalions of the brigades are placed under the command of several temporary groups. At the same time, they remain in the status of "donations" ("dowry", like that of the bride, in the original), and the brigade commander often does not even know what his battalion is doing. Accordingly, the brigade commander loses the ability to regularly provide supplies and replacements to a unit separate from the parent unit. And in the group to which the battalion is transferred, this unit remains in the form of a "dowry" or "donation" - this is like someone from outside the family. And when it comes to providing supplies, the "dowry" units are the last, because the commanders give priority to their own units over temporarily attached units that can be withdrawn and sent elsewhere at any time.

GarryB, Regular, zepia and JohninMK like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:52 pm

It seems they only rotate them in bodybags.
    Rotation is rotation.  Very Happy

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #34 - Page 31 Fkrinb10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #34 - Page 31 Fkro4i10

GarryB, franco, Regular, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, klahtinen and like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 2:59 pm