Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+75
Regular
calripson
BliTTzZ
zepia
Lapain
sundoesntrise
Werewolf
bandit6
Arrow
diabetus
0nillie0
LMFS
Scorpius
Stealthflanker
11E
par far
Godric
owais.usmani
Serberus
zorobabel
higurashihougi
kvs
lyle6
Erk
mr_hd
famschopman
andalusia
d_taddei2
Broski
Azi
ludovicense
SolidarityWithRussia
crod
Kiko
AlfaT8
Tolstoy
TMA1
auslander
Firebird
Rodion_Romanovic
SeigSoloyvov
lancelot
Walther von Oldenburg
Arkanghelsk
Sujoy
nomadski
The-thing-next-door
Ispan
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
PhSt
GarryB
ALAMO
sepheronx
VARGR198
limb
Big_Gazza
GunshipDemocracy
DerWolf
franco
mnztr
Isos
caveat emptor
PapaDragon
thegopnik
flamming_python
billybatts91
Backman
ucmvulcan
Hole
Dr.Snufflebug
Airbornewolf
Belisarius
Mir
JohninMK
Podlodka77
79 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #31

Erk
    Erk

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #31 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #31

Post  Erk Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:07 am

Serberus wrote:Spin it however you wont, the bottom line is, Russia is not capable of holding territory for whatever reason and that is a genuine concern...

I think you will find that it's Ukraine that is not capable of holding territory for whatever reason.
    They seem to have lost about 20% of it already to Russia.

Hole likes this post

sundoesntrise

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #31 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #31

Post  sundoesntrise Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:09 am

caveat emptor wrote:
    Serberus wrote:
    Not hard to hold something that is not under attack.

Judging by the comments being made now by several Russian officials about willingness to negotiate, that agreement mentioned a day or so ago , or capitulation to be more precise, which included giving up Kherson and paying for restoration while keeping the meagre territories still in Russian hands, may not be so far fetched after all.

Anyway stay sane, till next time
    It's interesting to see how this will impact morale of Russian army and society as well as its standing among allies.

Поготово ми морамо да се замислимо. Ако се овако тргује са руским земљама не желим ни да помислим како би ми прошли. Туђим курцем је лако глогиње млатити.

LOL, interesting way of framing things.

The only hope Russia has is the US+allies occupation elsewhere (ie. rebellion of Gulf States led by Saudi+UAE and of course China). If it wasn't for those more urgent issues appearing on the horizon Russia would have been utterly destroyed. Now at least Russia can still hope that the US will keep it to the current humiliation and leave Growly Bear Putin within his cave until the next ass whooping.

Firebird and lancelot dislike this post

sundoesntrise

Post  sundoesntrise Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:19 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:

It's all part of the plan,

Ukraine is going to run out of men any day now

They have no more tanks

They have no more manpower

It's just a propaganda win

They only retook Kiev, Kharkov,  Kherson, Sumy, Chernigov

Russia still has Pavlovka, Lisichansk, and mariupol

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Anyway the west will collapse, anyway Russia will retake Nikolayev

It's a 6d chess move, fucking with their heads

Hahahahhhahahahahah

What happened to the 'Ukraine is about to detonate a dirty bomb to save their crumbling effort' story of a couple weeks back?

That bomb that Russian intelligence apparantly had Intel on regarding materials, size, and place of production but somehow couldn't take out?

Rhetorical questions.

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:21 am

God damn it Arkanghelsk didnt i tell you to take a break. pirat
    ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:24 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:

It's all part of the plan,

Ukraine is going to run out of men any day now

They have no more tanks

They have no more manpower

It's just a propaganda win

They only retook Kiev, Kharkov,  Kherson, Sumy, Chernigov

Russia still has Pavlovka, Lisichansk, and mariupol

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Anyway the west will collapse, anyway Russia will retake Nikolayev

It's a 6d chess move, fucking with their heads

Hahahahhhahahahahah

Tell you what Archie, I am just going to leave this story about the withdrawal from Belarus after last February's exercises here.  Yeah, I've seen this story before.  Because of the censorship and cancel culture in the USA, I am unable to show the RT videos of tanks and troops on trains going back to their bases in Russia but man they sold that one hard.  Its one of the reasons that, for a couple months, Russian troops were able to park just outside of Kiev.  Again, I can't find the video on Ukrainetube, what I can make fun of a platform that suppresses dissent, but I did some searching on RT.  Read this article, does anything look vaguely familiar?

https://www.rt.com/russia/550152-drills-plan-invade-ukraine/

Also, I don't recall major announcements or evacuations of people made so publically from around Kiev, Sumy, and Kharkov, I remember more during the night Russian forces withdrew and the next day Ukraine proclaimed the most glorious Wehrmacht victory since the fall of France in 1940.  I don't remember proclamations of we're leaving.  We pulled out, we aren't here, our administrators left, we pulled people back to safety, its yours, please don't attack us while we are retreating.  Please, come on.  Its yours if you want to and we are most certainly and positively not there.  

Second, Kadryov and Surovikin are not the type of guys who get on TV and start explaining tactics and how pulling back to protect supply lines is the only good option available.  Now maybe its just the copium (1 part Russkova vodka, 1 part limoncello, 2 parts sprite), but things are not at all what they seem here.  There's either one hell of a deal with lots of assurances in writing that Putin's pre war aims have been achieved and Ukraine is going to be forever neutral (hey its possible, not likely but possible), that things are F'd up beyond all repair and the Russian army and state are on the verge of collapse and Navalny will take power (again its possible, but not likely), its possible that Putin is going to go to G 20 and he'll look into Zelensky's Eyes and they'll start a duet where they sing Why can't we be friends, or its because the Ukrainians have every right to be suspicious and there is soon going to be an offensive (possible, and considering the way the SMO began with similar proclamations of pullback its also the most likely).  These are interesting times and the next couple weeks will be very telling about the future of this conflict.

GarryB, d_taddei2 and Hole like this post

PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:27 am

sundoesntrise wrote:
    This is it. It's only gonna get worse from here. Lil Putin should be on his knees thanking the Lord everyday day of the week if the (((Anglos))) let him keep at least a sliver of the 'newly acquired territories' - because at the sight of so much weakness, confusion and incompetence they might as well go for the killshot.

You are like a rodent who comes out of hiding when an opportunity arises, of course, you will try HARD to make it look like Russia is losing this war, this is your objective for signing up in this forum in the first place, to amplify your stinking NATzO Propaganda Laughing

I say Go ahead and aim for the killshot, I'd love to see your hometown get blanketed by radiation Cool

GarryB, Werewolf, d_taddei2, thegopnik, Lapain, Broski and ucmvulcan like this post

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:50 am

I am tired of Putin's 6D chess. How about some checkers, like actually capturing territory?

PapaDragon and owais.usmani like this post

sundoesntrise

Post  sundoesntrise Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:02 am

PhSt wrote:
    sundoesntrise wrote:
    This is it. It's only gonna get worse from here. Lil Putin should be on his knees thanking the Lord everyday day of the week if the (((Anglos))) let him keep at least a sliver of the 'newly acquired territories' - because at the sight of so much weakness, confusion and incompetence they might as well go for the killshot.

You are like a rodent who comes out of hiding when an opportunity arises, of course, you will try HARD to make it look like Russia is losing this war, this is your objective for signing up in this forum in the first place, to amplify your stinking NATzO Propaganda Laughing

I say Go ahead and aim for the killshot, I'd love to see your hometown get blanketed by radiation Cool

Hello siiiiiirrr, how kan ai halp joe ssiiiiiiirrrr.

A pinoy calling other people rodents is a bit surreal, but then again this board should at this point only be used for entertainment based reasons.

Oh and Russia is losing the war obviously. Stated goals on Feb 24: 1. Denazifiction and demilitarisation of Ukraine 2. Immediate stop on eastward expansion of NATO 3. A whole lot of other BS they didn't accomplish, not in the least related to the 'liberation' of the Donbass.

Firebird dislikes this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:03 am

zorobabel wrote:I am tired of Putin's 6D chess. How about some checkers, like actually capturing territory?

Lets check back in a couple weeks, and see where we are with this. If Russian troops pull back and are truly going into winter quarters then the war may not be lost, but matters get greatly complicated. If this is maskirovka and they are launching a massive attack then great. We'll know a lot more in the next two weeks as the ground will be firmed up and the troops will be equipped and ready for whatever.

zorobabel and Broski like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:15 am

Hole wrote:So the hawks (Kadyrov, Prigozhin) are behind this decision. Which should tell us something.

The Ukros on the other hand are more afraid then ever from this news. They still think it´s a bait.
    Russians: C´mon, we left the area, bring all your troops from Nikolaev and Odessa here to "take" Kherson back!

Remember who is in charge of this operation for the last weeks and what he did to Daesh in Syria (a lot of open terrain, just as around Kherson).
    Add this knowledge to the massive attacks from Geran-2 and Lancet drones against AD systems and artillery in the last weeks. Big air campaign
    coming?  dunno Possible.

The supply story has more holes then swiss cheese. The Russian Army has hundreds of amphibious vehicles like the PTS-2/-3/-4 and ferry vehicles
    like PMM-2 + a lot of ponton brigde parks. Add to this dozens of helicopters. With all that they could deliver thousands of tons daily to the other side
    of the river.

There is talk about the shitty position north of the river and "who brought the troops into it". I guess the Army only moved across the river in the spring
    because they were charging towards Nikolaev but had to stop half way do to orders from above. After that they took defensive positions to destroy a lot
    of Nazi fighters without attacking cities (= civilian cassualties).

Looking at the map I think further attacks towards Nikolaev will start by bypassing the large body of water between Krivoy Rog and Zaporozhye on the eastern
    side. Which means an attack on Zaporozyhe and then moving westwards.

Zelensky will risk it anyway, is my bet

GarryB and Hole like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:25 am

Azi wrote:But one must not forget the proposal from the American side, which also fits perfectly into the picture in terms of timing. Basically, that would be treason, but there are many in Moscow and St. Petersburg who adore and love the West. People don't give a shit about those who fight for the fatherland on the front lines, they love Starbucks, Apple shit and all that other crap that comes out of the West...they enjoy the decadent life and send their children all to the West. They only love money and see their own countrymen as primitive barbarians. One must not forget that not only the West in general, but also Ukraine in particular has some sympathy in Russia...there were enough acts of sabotage.

With this "peace proposal" Russia would lose more than it gained and in a few years the very existence of the RF would be at stake. As long as money is being printed like crazy in the West, the psychopaths in the USA and EU will do everything they can to destabilize Russia and arm Ukraine to the teeth.

I wouldn't worry, half such people left, the problem has resolved itself

And I already pointed out why some sort of hidden peace deal wouldn't make sense on the background of Kherson

ucmvulcan likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:47 am

sundoesntrise wrote:As planned. Man was outed as a Soviet spy by Frank Capell in the 70s already - just another Martini sipping 5000 USD suit wearing scumbag playing both sides, a game he eagerly extended to the Chinese when that opportunity arose.

The receipts are out there, and the more informed people on this board (for as much as they haven't been chased away) obviously know. In fact you have to be a fucking retard not to see that,  but then again you fit that description. The Mithrokin Archive, Major Jordan's Diaries, all the defector literature, Diana West, Kay Griggs, Anthony C. Suttons work? Hello?

As for the faked optimism, at this point I am just here to harvest the sweet copes and salty tears. At a point in time it was cringe and now it's just moving beyond that stage to the point where you can only laugh about so much dimwitry, spin and cope.

Also please don't hold your breath waiting for the fabled Russian equivalent of Steiner storming in from the north.

Let the cope run wild.

Cope? No, you misunderstand entirely. I'm no-one's propagandist, as you have accused me of being, nor do I need to cope about anything; for nothing bad has happened in my estimation and interesting times are still ahead of us. I write things exactly as I see them.

russia

You on the other hand my friend flew into this thread like a fly to fresh shit.

Last edited by flamming_python on Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:54 am; edited 3 times in total

GarryB, psg, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, Hole, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:51 am

A month will reveal the truth if this was some "trap" or a complete failure and inability on the side of the russians army and leadership to win. If you are pro russians you better hope this was a trap if not...well the implications of this failure would say a ton about Russian leadership and the armies ability.

One month let us see who is right

PapaDragon, Lapain and owais.usmani like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:54 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:A month will reveal the truth if this was some "trap" or a complete failure and inability on the side of the russians army and leadership to win. If you are pro russians you better hope this was a trap if not...well the implications of this failure would say a ton about Russian leadership and the armies ability.

Till November 15th, not a month
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:57 am

flamming_python wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:A month will reveal the truth if this was some "trap" or a complete failure and inability on the side of the russians army and leadership to win. If you are pro russians you better hope this was a trap if not...well the implications of this failure would say a ton about Russian leadership and the armies ability.

Till November 15th, not a month

Very well one week it is

flamming_python and PapaDragon like this post

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:59 am

I guess Putin cannot leave the country at the moment.

The G20 summit would have been a good time for Russia to prove business as usual, that things are under control, but I guess that isn't the case.

Embarrassing that Zelensky will be there, while Jokowi put his neck on the line to extend an invitation to Putin.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:59 am

zorobabel wrote:I guess Putin cannot leave the country at the moment.

The G20 summit would have been a good time for Russia to prove business as usual, that things are under control, but I guess that isn't the case.

Embarrassing that Zelensky will be there, while Jokowi put his neck on the line to extend an invitation to Putin.

Of course Zelensky will be there

And he'll overwhelmingly want to have the recapture of Kherson in his pocket too.

Last edited by flamming_python on Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:01 am; edited 2 times in total
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:01 am

flamming_python wrote:

He's an entirely predictable character, Zelensky
    G20 is BRICS Lite. Jokowi stood up to the West to offer a direct invitation to Putin.

Putin should be there.

owais.usmani likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:03 am

zorobabel wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

He's an entirely predictable character, Zelensky
    G20 is BRICS Lite. Jokowi stood up to the West to offer a direct invitation to Putin.

Putin should be there.

If Zelensky and Biden are invited then it's no 'BRICS Lite'. Although the gesture is appreciated.

Jokowi is free to apply Indonesia for membership to the BRICS though, I'm sure he'll be welcomed.
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:06 am

flamming_python wrote:
    If Zelensky and Biden are invited then it's no 'BRICS Lite'. Although the gesture is appreciated.

Jokowi is free to apply Indonesia for membership to the BRICS though, I'm sure he'll be welcomed.
    Indonesia is a non-aligned state. Every leader of a G20 nation is invited, including Biden and Putin.

And Biden is going.

I'm sorry, but I'm pissed about this.

owais.usmani likes this post

Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:15 am

zorobabel wrote:...

Putin should be there.

So the US can release COVID-2.0 tuned to attack Slavic races.
    I think that was the goal of the Bio-lab research they found in Ukraine early in the SMO.

GarryB and d_taddei2 like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:24 am

zorobabel wrote:

I'm sorry, but I'm pissed about this.

You shouldn't. It's just politics.

I learned my lesson on Syrian War.. well large gains by SAA, Russian support etc Yet US Still in Syria, Israel still striking Syrian territory, SyAF not doing interception, Idlib become a terrorist breeding ground. Yet no one making any real gain there.. it just start forming a "balance". Turks, US, Russia, and Syria not making any real move.

This shows that things are grey. You have to be ready for possibility of a decision of say, Russia is only retain what they gain so far.. with the "best" condition is Voluntary retreat of Ukrainians from Donetsk, for return of Kherson City. so it's more like "Novorossiya"-Lite. In return the west-co will actually "admit" the ceded territory as Russian territory, sanctions will silently waived and things go back to "normal" There will still be some scapegoat to sanction with for press.

But then i am looking forward for Winter campaign, The issue will be of course the Ukrainian fortifications particularly when Russians wants to return to Kharkov.

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:37 am

Well here is something to brighten up you guys.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #31 - Page 37 16680510

700k is what zelensky said back in may 21 2022, I am just interested in body count. Also this is still sad to hear from Russias side even if they are taking smaller losses.

d_taddei2 and Big_Gazza like this post

lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:00 am

Body count is kind of pointless as long as the other side keeps sending more bodies. US had to learn that lesson in Vietnam.

I hope that Russia makes a major offensive once the draftees show up in numbers and the ground has solidified. Otherwise we will just see Ukraine continue to do long range rocket attacks and artillery attacks along the entire front of the line of contact like they did to Donbass for eight frickin' years.

Once the cities are emptied out due to the lack of electricity with those kinds of numbers Russia will have more than enough bodies to do a proper full scale invasion I think.

sepheronx, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, zorobabel, thegopnik, Hole, owais.usmani and like this post

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:57 am

lancelot wrote:Body count is kind of pointless as long as the other side keeps sending more bodies. US had to learn that lesson in Vietnam.

I hope that Russia makes a major offensive once the draftees show up in numbers and the ground has solidified. Otherwise we will just see Ukraine continue to do long range rocket attacks and artillery attacks along the entire front of the line of contact like they did to Donbass for eight frickin' years.

Once the cities are emptied out due to the lack of electricity with those kinds of numbers Russia will have more than enough bodies to do a proper full scale invasion I think.
    Indeed. The US killed half a million Viet Cong. 8-to-1 kill ratio. Still lost the war.

What matters is not the preservation of manpower but strategic victories.

Eugenio Argentina likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:06 am