Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+75
Regular
calripson
BliTTzZ
zepia
Lapain
sundoesntrise
Werewolf
bandit6
Arrow
diabetus
0nillie0
LMFS
Scorpius
Stealthflanker
11E
par far
Godric
owais.usmani
Serberus
zorobabel
higurashihougi
kvs
lyle6
Erk
mr_hd
famschopman
andalusia
d_taddei2
Broski
Azi
ludovicense
SolidarityWithRussia
crod
Kiko
AlfaT8
Tolstoy
TMA1
auslander
Firebird
Rodion_Romanovic
SeigSoloyvov
lancelot
Walther von Oldenburg
Arkanghelsk
Sujoy
nomadski
The-thing-next-door
Ispan
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
PhSt
GarryB
ALAMO
sepheronx
VARGR198
limb
Big_Gazza
GunshipDemocracy
DerWolf
franco
mnztr
Isos
caveat emptor
PapaDragon
thegopnik
flamming_python
billybatts91
Backman
ucmvulcan
Hole
Dr.Snufflebug
Airbornewolf
Belisarius
Mir
JohninMK
Podlodka77
79 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #31

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #31 - Page 3 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #31

Post  flamming_python Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:35 pm

limb wrote:
    DerWolf wrote:Rybar says both mi-8 were ukrainian
    why would a ukrainian mi-8 have a red star?

Also whoever ordered an old Mi-8 with no flares, IRCM, etc to just waltz alone on the frontline was not just a retard but an actively malicious retard.

Where did you see a red star?
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #31 - Page 3 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #31

Post  caveat emptor Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:37 pm

When i saw the news today i didn't gave much attention to it. How's this even possible???

https://t.me/milinfolive/92714?single

This afternoon there was news about an explosion on the territory of a military airfield in the Pskov region and the destruction of two Ka-52 helicopters of the Russian Aerospace Forces stationed there. After that, the military intelligence of Ukraine made a statement, taking responsibility for what happened.

And in the evening, without exaggeration to say, an enchanting video appeared on behalf of those same Ukrainian saboteurs who simply entered the territory of the Veretye ​​military airfield in the middle of the day (~ 600 km from the Ukrainian border) and calmly laid explosives under the standing Ka-52s.

We do not even know whether it is possible to censorially comment on how military airfields are being guarded in a belligerent country against the backdrop of several successful enemy sabotage in the depths of Russian territory.

But the most interesting thing is that back in 2019 we reported how a group of photographers, in the same way in the middle of the day, entered the same Veretye ​​airfield, filmed exactly the same Ka-52s and calmly left. The command did not bother to draw conclusions either then, or after a lot of sabotage during the already 8 months of hostilities.

Draw your own conclusions about what is happening.

@milinfolive
    ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:40 pm

Hole wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #31 - Page 3 Fgbchz10
    The completely destroyed Adm. Makarov.  Rolling Eyes

So did Ukrapost do a postage stamp for it's destruction yet?

GarryB, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, VARGR198, Sprut-B, owais.usmani and Broski like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:43 pm

Big_Gazza wrote:Another articel by "Big Serge"

source

Article includes an interesting discussion of the strengths and weaknesses of the Russian BTG, and a look ahead as to how force structures will change once the influx of fresh boots overcomes the current manpower shortages.

The rest is a historical review of Egypt vs the Hittites at the Battle of Kadesh.  The ukrops will soon have to resort to using man-drawn chariots made from old tractor chassis, so maybe its relevent?    clown

Interesting that the author brought up this obscure period of history

Because I was just reading about the Egyptian New Kingdom recently, not more than a month ago. And I also noticed parallels with the situation today between Russia and the West. Only not with the battle of Kadesh, but rather the expansion of the Egyptians into Canaan and the wider Middle East that well preceded it.

You see the Egyptians did not carry out expansion for the sake of expansion, or for profit. They had previously a loose form of vassalage over the Semitic kingdoms next to them, in today's Lebanon, Syria, Jordan - but they were content to otherwise leave them to their own affairs.
    However they became alarmed by the rapid migration of the Aryans from Asia into the Middle East, and the foundation by them of new kingdoms employing new technologies and means of warfare. The Egyptians resolved to preempt the threat and moved to take control over the Semitic peoples and in this manner form a series of buffer states between themselves and the Aryans.
    Indeed Egyptian concerns proved well-founded and their decisions prudent, as the Hittites would form and expand from those same Aryan migrants

GarryB and Hole like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:52 pm

One of the Mi-8 helis shot down today was Ukrainian other one was Wagners, old Belarus machine.
    https://t.me/RVvoenkor/30771?single

VARGR198 likes this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:21 am

So many good liberals out there who want to know whether this helicopter or that helicopter was Russian or not. Who cares. Call them Ukrainian. Then they are Ukrainian. That's how propaganda works.
    limb

Post  limb Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:22 am

flamming_python wrote:
    limb wrote:
    DerWolf wrote:Rybar says both mi-8 were ukrainian
    why would a ukrainian mi-8 have a red star?

Also whoever ordered an old Mi-8 with no flares, IRCM, etc to just waltz alone on the frontline was not just a retard but an actively malicious retard.

Where did you see a red star?

https://t.me/grey_zone/15601

flamming_python likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:28 am

caveat emptor wrote:When i saw the news today i didn't gave much attention to it. How's this even possible???

https://t.me/milinfolive/92714?single

This afternoon there was news about an explosion on the territory of a military airfield in the Pskov region and the destruction of two Ka-52 helicopters of the Russian Aerospace Forces stationed there.  After that, the military intelligence of Ukraine made a statement, taking responsibility for what happened.

And in the evening, without exaggeration to say, an enchanting video appeared on behalf of those same Ukrainian saboteurs who simply entered the territory of the Veretye ​​military airfield in the middle of the day (~ 600 km from the Ukrainian border) and calmly laid explosives under the standing Ka-52s.

We do not even know whether it is possible to censorially comment on how military airfields are being guarded in a belligerent country against the backdrop of several successful enemy sabotage in the depths of Russian territory.

But the most interesting thing is that back in 2019 we reported how a group of photographers, in the same way in the middle of the day, entered the same Veretye ​​airfield, filmed exactly the same Ka-52s and calmly left.  The command did not bother to draw conclusions either then, or after a lot of sabotage during the already 8 months of hostilities.

Draw your own conclusions about what is happening.

@milinfolive

Did a lot more damage than that much publicized drone attack in Sevastopol.
    Thankfully still not much. Helicopters can be produced at a factory and destroyed units replaced. With the gas and oil prices as they are, it shouldn't much matter. Pilots are more valuable.

And I have no idea how something like that can happen. The presence of a forbidden military zone is no hard deterrent. There should be fences and patrols around any sensitive facility during wartime.
    Extremely relaxed security and local commanders, evidently. They should all be put on trail and made an example of. Saboteurs have probably escaped to Estonia by now, where they probably came from in the first place by nipping over the border and perhaps approaching the airbase from an unexpected direction. But in case they are found, there is only one punishment for plain clothes military personnel conducting acts of destruction during wartime and that is execution of course.

Last edited by flamming_python on Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Big_Gazza and GunshipDemocracy like this post

VARGR198
    VARGR198

Post  VARGR198 Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:38 am

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander, GunshipDemocracy, zardof, Sprut-B and like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:54 am

flamming_python wrote:
    And I have no idea how something like that can happen. The presence of a forbidden military zone is no hard deterrent. There should fences and patrols around any sensitive facility during wartime.
    Extremely relaxed security and local commanders, evidently. They should all be put on trail and made an example of. Saboteurs have probably escaped to Estonia by now, where they probably came from in the first place by nipping over the border and perhaps approaching the airbase from an unexpected direction. But in case they are found, there is only one punishment for plain clothes military personnel conducting acts of destruction during wartime and that is execution of course.
    I don't understand this level of negligence.This warrants a major jail time, wartime or not.  
    I actually hope this is fake.
    Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:59 am

^ Who the hell knows what happened with those helicopters. Highly trained and equipped saboteurs are probably being sent out or somthing i dunno.

I watch this urban exploring channel sometimes. And these professional explorers can barely sneak into old abandoned CIS airfields (4:18) without being caught. So who the hell knows

sepheronx, VARGR198, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:39 am

flamming_python wrote:And I have no idea how something like that can happen.

Really, you don't? Maybe if your head wasn't in the sand this whole time, you'd know how incompetent Russian leadership has been since the beginning of this so called SMO. ****-ups are happening on a weekly basis.

Look at this for example, why would Putin even mention something like this? It reeks of weakness and desperation from him. Putin is not a war-time leader, he doesn't know what he's doing in these war situations, let's be brutally honest with ourselves. If he wasn't the supreme leader of Russia, he would've got fired just like the countless generals that have been already.

owais.usmani likes this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:15 am

Well, hopefully someone submitted the footage to the Russian authorities. So that an investigation can be held at the airbase and see what the local MP's are doing.
    ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:29 am

What's going on in Rostov on Don? One of the pro Russian people I follow on twatter says there were explosions there. Speaking of explosions has the Washing Machine and Lawnmower patrol visited Ukraine yet today?
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:07 am

caveat emptor wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    And I have no idea how something like that can happen. The presence of a forbidden military zone is no hard deterrent. There should fences and patrols around any sensitive facility during wartime.
    I don't understand this level of negligence.This warrants a major jail time, wartime or not.  
    I actually hope this is fake.

The fact that Ka-52 were undergoing repair there might imply that it was an aircraft repair plant. So not a military base as such (or are they?). But with such equipment, there should be a serious security detail present nonetheless.

The video released also seems to show the saboteur in some kind of military uniform, so it's possible that they managed to infiltrate unnoticed that way

But either way - not an excuse
    Definitely behind jail time for this

Last edited by flamming_python on Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:13 am; edited 2 times in total

sepheronx likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:10 am

billybatts91 wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:And I have no idea how something like that can happen.

Really, you don't? Maybe if your head wasn't in the sand this whole time, you'd know how incompetent Russian leadership has been since the beginning of this so called SMO. ****-ups are happening on a weekly basis.

Look at this for example, why would Putin even mention something like this? It reeks of weakness and desperation from him. Putin is not a war-time leader, he doesn't know what he's doing in these war situations, let's be brutally honest with ourselves. If he wasn't the supreme leader of Russia, he would've got fired just like the countless generals that have been already.

1. This isn't related directly to the leadership, but to a local commander or staff, or maybe to the director of a purely commercial enterprise which wasn't fulfilling security requirements.
    Sometimes this stuff just isn't exposed until something goes drastically wrong.

2. You don't have much of an inkling for the Russian sense of humour.

GarryB, Hole, Broski, Belisarius, Podlodka77 and ucmvulcan like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:00 am

Russian Winter.  A non-discriminating service provider.  Ukrops welcome.

Edit: not sure of the headdress/symbology here, can anyone explain?

auslander, Mir, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:19 am

I can’t and won’t be associated with a fascist country, that started a war with their peaceful neighbor and killing [sic] innocent people daily. It is a shame for me to continue to hold this passport

Silly me - I thought he was referring to Ukraine! dunno

Business mogul Oleg Tinkov renounces Russian citizenship.

https://www.rt.com/russia/565696-tinkov-citizenship-russia-renounces/

Big_Gazza, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:22 am

Mir wrote:
    I can’t and won’t be associated with a fascist country, that started a war with their peaceful neighbor and killing [sic] innocent people daily. It is a shame for me to continue to hold this passport

Silly me - I thought he was referring to Ukraine! dunno

https://www.rt.com/russia/565696-tinkov-citizenship-russia-renounces/

Stinking traitor rat. Needs the Trotsky/Lev Bronstein treatment. I'll donate the ice pick. Twisted Evil

Eugenio Argentina, Hole, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:37 am

He has a kind of a slow start, as a public declaration about dropping Russian citizenship didn't help his fellows much. UE robbed them anyway. In the name of Euro values, of course Laughing

flamming_python, Hole, Broski, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:48 am

Meanwhile, the Swiss stick to their guns so to speak

Yeah, sometimes they are neutral and sometimes not... they made AA gun ammo for Nazi Germany during WWII but wont make AA gun ammo for Nazi Kiev...

He himself is an oligarch. Does he have any kids which aren't involved in the SVO at present?

That gives what he said more impact I would think... easy for poor people to demand the rich and powerful get their hands dirty and take some risks, but for a rich person saying rich and powerful people should get more involved is something else.

I would guess if rich people are involved and there is a shortage of thermal scopes or helmets or whatever, they could fix that faster than any government department could...

There are probably a million different targets they could attack with their terrorist bombs... if this is true then they found a juicy target, but they are always going to find something they can blow up and film themselves doing it... what a bunch of heros.

At the end of the day what is going to happen is some Russian are going to go apeshit about this inconvenience and demand action and extra security will be set up everywhere they can and probably a few extra cruise missiles and bombs are going to be delivered to their home country.

Their countrymen keep dying and their infrastructure will be taken apart piece by piece but all their successes just make Russia respond and the response generally does more damage to the Ukraine than anything the Ukraine has done or could do.

Really, you don't? Maybe if your head wasn't in the sand this whole time, you'd know how incompetent Russian leadership has been since the beginning of this so called SMO. ****-ups are happening on a weekly basis

Some local commander thinks 600km away is safe but it is Putins fault... obviously Putin told them they didn't have to patrol or guard anything if they didn't want to.

You betray yourself and your agenda... get rid of Putin and everything will be better... for the west.

Look at this for example, why would Putin even mention something like this?

He is outlining to the world that Russia is ready for peace talks and Kiev is not... this war continues because of Kiev and not because of Moscow.

Sounds like a pretty clear and obvious message.

If he wasn't the supreme leader of Russia, he would've got fired just like the countless generals that have been already.

You do understand that Russian generals are not allowed to quit and have to be fired to move to different posts or positions... in fact there is a western 5th columnist who is Russian who makes good propaganda every time Putin shifts people around because obviously him firing all those generals on such a regular basis is evidence of corruption or incompetence or whatever he wants to pretend is happening at the time.

It is funny, there is a blog called Russia defence policy that has a hard core anti Russian guy who had his name everywhere on the blog but now his name is gone and it does not mention his name... and has an Orc flag across the top of the main page... and he is rabidly anti Russian to the point of being ferral...

He used to love posting pages about Putin firing all these generals and what it might mean for Russia because obviously corruption and incompetence...

What a dick.

Well, hopefully someone submitted the footage to the Russian authorities. So that an investigation can be held at the airbase and see what the local MP's are doing.

Investigate and find out what actually happened and why and then take action... sensible and normal... but for a doomsayer they need blood and they need it right away to make everyone else in the country so afraid of making any mistakes they will simply do nothing and become paralysed and fucking useless because obviously initiative is punished.

He started to hate his Russian citizenship as soon as someone suggested his enormous wealth could be put to good use helping the Ukraine... will give up his country to hang on to his money... he certainly belongs in the west... I hope they take his money anyway.

flamming_python, Big_Gazza, Sprut-B, Eugenio Argentina, Hole, TMA1, Broski and like this post

PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:12 am

Its important for Russia to keep the momentum, Russia needs to target all remaining NATzO Ukropi power stations and destroy all port infrastructures in Odessa to make any sort of grain as well as weapons logistics very hard if not impossible. Make the costs of helping Pukrain skyrocket for NATzO and ensure that NATzO destroy their economies in the process. Russia's actions from now on need to be ruthless and relentless attack

Big_Gazza likes this post

limb

Post  limb Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:13 am

There are probably a million different targets they could attack with their terrorist bombs... if this is true then they found a juicy target, but they are always going to find something they can blow up and film themselves doing it... what a bunch of heros.

At the end of the day what is going to happen is some Russian are going to go apeshit about this inconvenience and demand action and extra security will be set up everywhere they can and probably a few extra cruise missiles and bombs are going to be delivered to their home country.

Their countrymen keep dying and their infrastructure will be taken apart piece by piece but all their successes just make Russia respond and the response generally does more damage to the Ukraine than anything the Ukraine has done or could do.

The same can be said for targets in ukraine, but despite having many russian sympathizers, we haven't seen pro-russian partisans planting bombs on HIMARS, ukrainian SAMs etc, despite them not always being under guard, instead hiding on the streets or in some bushes.
    PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:32 am

limb wrote:
    The same can be said for targets in ukraine, but despite having many russian sympathizers, we haven't seen pro-russian partisans planting bombs on HIMARS, ukrainian SAMs etc, despite them not always being under guard, instead hiding on the streets or in some bushes.

Because NATzO saboteur groups probably know that getting caught won't put them in serious trouble since Russia provides fair treatment to any prisoners. This needs to change, If I am in charge, I will make sure that these NATzO Terrorists are cut to pieces while still alive and their families slaughtered including their pets.
    PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:37 am

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #31 - Page 3 11144810

The NATzO Pigs are testing Russia's patience, most likely another cowardly attack on Russia's navy is in the process of being carried out. Time to wipe out all of Odessa's port infrastructure and power base. Destroy everything that stands in Pukraine's remaining coastlines.  attack

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:10 pm