Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+79
SolidarityWithRussia
walle83
mnrck
Ned86
bandit6
Sujoy
Regular
Kiko
Belisarius
Robert.V
Odin of Ossetia
lancelot
calripson
d_taddei2
mr_hd
Stealthflanker
Rodion_Romanovic
Dr.Snufflebug
franco
Werewolf
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
kvs
par far
owais.usmani
lyle6
SeigSoloyvov
Walther von Oldenburg
Broski
Arsenic
PhSt
ahmedfire
Mir
andalusia
Ispan
VARGR198
Isos
LMFS
0nillie0
auslander
Podlodka77
Azi
Tolstoy
mnztr
Arkanghelsk
AlfaT8
ludovicense
ALAMO
mavaff
AMCXXL
GunshipDemocracy
Airbornewolf
Hole
GarryB
billybatts91
famschopman
Arrow
Firebird
nomadski
Erk
zepia
wilhelm
crod
sepheronx
TMA1
Lapain
ucmvulcan
flamming_python
Backman
Tsavo Lion
thegopnik
Big_Gazza
zorobabel
PapaDragon
caveat emptor
JohninMK
ArgentinaGuard
DerWolf
limb
Scorpius
83 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

PhSt
    PhSt

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

Post  PhSt Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:48 am

limb wrote:
    These are extremely dangerous. Very high rate of fire, upwards of 30 rpm, very mobile, long range(40+km), much better than the akatsiya and gvozdika trash and 25km max range MSTA  80% aof which russian artillery units use.  

Oh really? I bet these archers are extremely extremely dangerous if we go by your outrageous stats with its very very high high rate of fire and machine gun like rpm Laughing

30 rpm?? I just did a quick search and all sources show the Archer as having 8-9 rpm MAX. You pathetic LIAR.  Rolling Eyes

limb wrote:
    Not a single western artillery piece has ever been destroyed by russian loitering munitions, while plenty of soviet SPGs  in ukrainian service have been destroyed by lancets and gerans. This proves the superiority of western SPGs.  

You forgot to mention how western SPGs have Protoss shields Rolling Eyes

GarryB, Werewolf, Regular, d_taddei2, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Belisarius

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30

Post  Belisarius Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:04 am

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 20 Img_2196
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 20 Img_2197
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 20 Img_2195

sepheronx, GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander and like this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:07 am

Belisarius wrote:Ukrainian media publish a list of serious malfunctions with Western weapons

🇺🇸 Howitzer M777:
    After frequent firing, the barrel does not fully return to its original position, which further disables the gun; after 30 shots, the bolt wedge needs serious maintenance.

🇺🇸 SAU M109:
    Due to intense shooting, the mirror wedge of the shutter and the sealing rings of the charging chamber completely burn out.

🇮🇹 Howitzer FH70:
    The tightening mechanism is often broken and the nitrogen pressure in the balancing mechanism of the gun is reduced.

🇩🇪 SAU 2000:
    The monitors of the Commander Control Unit constantly overheat, the charging system often fails; obturation rings quickly fail.

🇵🇱 SPG Krab:
    During intensive shooting, the shaft breaks the fuse at the bolt-wedge, the bolts of the bolt-wedge break and bend;

🇫🇷 SPG Caesar:
    The aiming program calculates incorrectly: the first shot is always undershot by 600m - to nearly one kilometre; guidance blocks fail at random.

t.me/asbmil

Western superiority in SPGs lol1 lol1 lol1

Fact, guns made by my country (the US) are designed for low intensity wars against Arab, Latin American, and African states where the US (normally) fully utilizes its logistics and support network. A combo of airpower, guns, and combined arms warfare deplete and destroy whatever war making capabilities the target state is in, the old regime (often people who were actually installed by the US) is booted and the new puppets are installed. Yeah, the barrels and targeting systems and the like are overengineered, overpriced, and not designed for longterm use. If they don't have the access to the logistics and maintenance network they become unsalvageable. The same shit will to American Abrams, A-10s, and F-16s if Washington gets stupid enough. My guess is most of NATO's game changing wonderwaffles are designed and builit in the same way. They are great for terrorizing 3rd world states with little to no military power or military industrial capacity, but in a war where the opponent is equal in weaponry and where the opponent (because not even the idiots in Washington are crazy enough [yet] to try a nuclear war) has a vast military industrial capacity those weapons are waht they look like every April 15th, an underwhelming drain on the pocketbook of the American taxpayer.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, auslander, zepia, zardof, Azi and like this post

Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:08 am

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 20 Img_2198
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 20 Img_2199
    🇷🇺🇺🇦 Destroyed launchers of S-300PT air defense systems of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the Dnipropetrovsk region
    https://t.me/intelslava/39988?single

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander, zardof, Azi and like this post

limb

Post  limb Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:08 am

PhSt wrote:
    limb wrote:
    These are extremely dangerous. Very high rate of fire, upwards of 30 rpm, very mobile, long range(40+km), much better than the akatsiya and gvozdika trash and 25km max range MSTA  80% aof which russian artillery units use.  

Oh really? I bet these archers are extremely extremely dangerous if we go by your outrageous stats with its very very high high rate of fire and machine gun like rpm Laughing

30 rpm?? I just did a quick search and all sources show the Archer as having 8-9 rpm MAX. You pathetic LIAR.  Rolling Eyes

limb wrote:
    Not a single western artillery piece has ever been destroyed by russian loitering munitions, while plenty of soviet SPGs  in ukrainian service have been destroyed by lancets and gerans. This proves the superiority of western SPGs.  

You forgot to mention how western SPGs have Protoss shields Rolling Eyes

My mistake. The swedish bandkanone has actually 18rpm. The archer has 12rpm(3 rounds every 15 seconds). still far higher than akatsiya with 5rpm or msta S with 6 rpm.

Not protoss shields. Just far superior  range than vast majority of russian artillery,together with actual digital FCS systems instead of shitty scopes, analogue computers and notebooks the russians use for 90% of their guns, makes them nigh unhittable before they change position. Also russians almost never use the smerch for counterbattery, and their helos can never find the western artillery.

Belisarius wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 20 Img_2198
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 20 Img_2199
    🇷🇺🇺🇦 Destroyed launchers of S-300PT air defense systems of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the Dnipropetrovsk region
    https://t.me/intelslava/39988?single
    Thankfully not decoys. They could be old pics from summer tho

Assuming that's the case. Maybe that's because there are **** load more Soviet SPG's about then the western supplied ones ? Especially on the front lines.
    Wrong. Ukraine completely relies on 155mm NATO ammo. It completely ran out of soviet 152mm ammo.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:17 am

Kiko wrote:
     Putin urged to have a clear plan to meet the needs of the special operation

If Russia intends to put in place a gas hub in Turkey, it has to control the whole Ukr Black Sea coastline up till Odessa. Otherwise it shall be used as a base for terrorism against Turkish Stream as it has happened in the past.

I would pretty much say Odessa, Niko, Kherson, zapo, Donbass, Kharkov will be taken as a minimum. And Transnistria and Gagauzia with also join Russia. And I wouldn't be surprised if Dnipro, Sumy Poltava Chernihiv, Kirovohrad Oblast, are also taken.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, zardof, Azi, Sprut-B, Hole, Kiko and like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:19 am

Russian missiles, guided arty shells, loitering munitions etc just freak out when they approach a western-manufactured artillery piece.

"S**a b**t, I thought I was fired against an ugly D-30 or a 2S3, not a beautiful western M777 or M109 damn it, I'm calling it quits!"

GarryB, franco, flamming_python, Sprut-B, Hole, Mir, Belisarius and ucmvulcan like this post

limb

Post  limb Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:34 am

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:Russian missiles, guided arty shells, loitering munitions etc just freak out when they approach a western-manufactured artillery piece.

"S**a b**t, I thought I was fired against an ugly D-30 or a 2S3, not a beautiful western M777 or M109 damn it, I'm calling it quits!"

Well a lancet missed a m109 in the last second so make of that what you will.
    Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:37 am

limb wrote:
    Dr.Snufflebug wrote:Russian missiles, guided arty shells, loitering munitions etc just freak out when they approach a western-manufactured artillery piece.

Well a lancet missed a m109 in the last second so make of that what you will.

Plot armor!

flamming_python likes this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:40 am

you know sometimes i give a little benefit of a doubt or a 1% for something like Ukraine winning the war but the news I received today just pushes my certainity to 100% when western politicians are acting like doomers.

Democrats were going to send a letter to biden regarding negotations with Putin about the ukraine war but pulled it back.

Macron of course has a pro-ukraine stance and him wanting the pope to have a say in the negotations with Putin and Zelensky than himself just proves that the negotations will favor putin if he wants someone else to have the say in that matter.

Something must have happened today and the following reasons i can randomly think of could be.

1. The 300k reservists with their equipment would be enough for Kiev because german reports said 200k ukrainian soldiers were killed in this war and kiev and odessa will not have enough equipment and manpower to deal with the onslaught because previous factors have shown that one russian dies for every 5 ukrainian soldiers and the most pro-ukraine user with alot of followers Julian felt displeased that there was barely any russian equipment left behind suggesting they retreated successfully which got many pro-ukraine fans pissed at him and ukrainian sources have stated they got massacred in their last offensive

2. Russia has shared the dirty bomb evidence that Ukraine is preparing with western colleagues who were brushing it off according to todays news but their doomer mood suggests that Russia will retaliate with nukes if the dirty bomb is used.

Imagine having a friend tell you, that you can kick this one guys ass and you feel motivated to do it. But instead you have that same friend pat you on the back saying he will kick your ass but give it your best, this shit might demoralize your fighting spirit because you wont get the end results of kicking that guys ass in the end.

TMA1 and ucmvulcan like this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:41 am

Today's funny:

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #30 - Page 20 20221012

sepheronx, Werewolf, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander, zepia and like this post

Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:04 am

msta S with 6 rpm.

Not protoss shields. Just far superior  range than vast majority of russian artillery,together with actual digital FCS systems instead of shitty scopes, analogue computers and notebooks the russians use for 90% of their guns,

Another bunch of lies...

In 2007, the Russians began to receive the 2S19M1 with improved fire control system and added GLONASS antenna.
    In 2013 there was already the 2S19M2 equipped with a new automatic fire control system that increases the rate of fire. Digital electronic maps are now available that significantly speed up terrain orientation in difficult geographic conditions and allow for faster and more efficient shooting missions. In addition to the ability to shoot 10 projectiles per minute and a range of 80 km.
    https://armstrade.org/includes/periodics/news/2020/0603/095058134/detail.shtml

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B and Hole like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:11 am

PapaDragon wrote:...Another day in a row, Russian Internet is flooded with pics like this :

https://i.servimg.com/u/f12/20/35/00/30/photo_63.jpg

Fvck me, this place is flatter than a hockey rink

One of first things lieutenant told us in boot camp was that these kinds of places are to be avoided at times, no exceptions

Serbs don't fight wars in the prairies but I guess different cultures have different customs

Not much you can do as UKR if you are given orders to advance. Orders are not questioned during war time as they say.
    There is also not much else to to do but to use treelines by the fields. The problem is that Ukrainians  still end up on a grid of well prepared killzones. Even mobility doesn’t help.

Russians  also had to advance over similar terrain and take over fortification and trench-lines.  

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, auslander, GunshipDemocracy, Azi and like this post

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:13 am

Kiko wrote:

If Russia intends to put in place a gas hub in Turkey, it has to control the whole Ukr Black Sea coastline up till Odessa. Otherwise it shall be used as a base for terrorism against Turkish Stream as it has happened in the past.

US/UK still have Romania/Bulgaria or Georgie to launch terrorists

sepheronx likes this post

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:37 am

limb wrote:

My mistake. The swedish bandkanone has actually 18rpm.

no mistake but lie.

Also russians almost never use the smerch for counterbattery, and their helos can never find the western artillery.

so you know that? form let me guess Bellingcat ? or Reichsministerium für Volksaufklärung und Propagana? oh you saidn ukros neve rlie bwahahahaha uuuuu bwahaha

Thankfully not decoys. They could be old pics from summer tho

sure could be 22nd of September it was still summer.

Wrong. Ukraine completely relies on 155mm NATO ammo. It completely ran out of soviet 152mm ammo.

sources ? other then Reichsministerium für Volksaufklärung und Propagana?

GarryB, psg, Werewolf, Hole, Mir and Belisarius like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:42 am

GarryB, flamming_python, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:47 am

I still keep hearing that VSU is preparing some kind of kherson offensive

As of yet , most of the small unit raids they conduct, are crushed and destroyed,

The Ukrainians are losing tons of equipment and men on a daily basis- we see in Artemovsk how this fighting grinds down their army

And in the south they launch raids by T64, infantry, BMP2 and they are shredded by mines, artillery, ATGM

I think if Ukraine tries to attack Kherson, it will be catastrophic for them

But it is a good practice for Russia , how to conduct very well coordinated defensive actions and counterattack-

They definitely have been harnessing a defensive experience which is invaluable for the army

They are defending with relatively low numbers and maximize the efficiency of minefields, atgm firing points, MLRS ambushes, MANPADS, air defense, special forces raids

It's great experience for sure, and in Artemovsk some fierce urban fighting is going on

GarryB, zardof, thegopnik, Broski, rfan and ucmvulcan like this post

andalusia

Post  andalusia Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:11 am

Just saw this documentary on American PBS Frontline about the alleged Putin war crimes in the Ukraine War.  This propanganda shouldn't be a surprise.

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:15 am

andalusia wrote:Just saw this documentary on American PBS Frontline about the alleged Putin war crimes in the Ukraine War.  This propanganda shouldn't be a surprise.

Frontline on PBS, which is wholly funded and operated by the United States government.

GarryB, Hole and Mir like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:49 am

I wonder how Russia will unleash the big offensive. I expect they will attack on 3 fronts, but will they roll up all the tanks and hardware menacingly to intimidate Ukraine into surrendering, or will they just unleash it on 3 fronts, or will the attack on one front try and draw in the Ukrainian reserves then strike blows on other fronts. For example strike hard in Kharkhov, draw in the Ukrainian reserve then strike down from Belarus and close the Polish border, then when the enemy is reeling, strike west from Kherson and take Nikoliev and continue on to Odessa.
    Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:22 am

d_taddei2 wrote:
    Kiko wrote:

I would pretty much say Odessa, Niko, Kherson, zapo, Donbass, Kharkov will be taken as a minimum. And Transnistria and Gagauzia with also join Russia. And I wouldn't be surprised if Dnipro, Sumy Poltava Chernihiv, Kirovohrad Oblast, are also taken.

These abbreviations ZAPO, NIKO... are good.  thumbsup
    You have a beer from me...

Last edited by Podlodka77 on Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total

d_taddei2 likes this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:49 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:Macron at Vatican: US Needs to Sit Down at Negotiating Table to Push Forward Ukraine Peace Process
    The president also called on the pope to call President Putin and Russian Orthodox Church patriarch Kirill, as well as Biden, "to help bring peace to Ukraine."...

Someone should tell Macron that Putin ain't Catholic  study

Rumours around town is that Kirill isn't either clown

GarryB, franco, ALAMO, auslander, Azi, Sprut-B, LMFS and like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:00 am

crod wrote:Chancellor Olaf Scholz has told a Ukraine donor conference in Berlin that efforts to rebuild the war-torn country “must begin now”.

The German leader hopes to draft a blueprint for a “Marshall Plan for the 21st century”, referencing the post-1945 plan to rebuild Germany.

Thats good to know, cuz its unacceptable for Russia to be left with the entire cost of rebuilding its Easternmost territories after 30 years of Ukropi mismanagement, Western malfeasence, and the unfortunate but necessary police action to restore it.

The Kremlin will nominate a (ruble) bank account.  Europeans may deposit to it at any time.  If they need assitance, they may contact Gazprombank, and also ask advice from European gas purchasers.

Europeans do however need to keep in mind that Russia also expects adequate compensation be paid to all of those Russian families whom their policies have adversely impacted.  Just keep making payments, the Kremlin will tell you when they think it is enough Twisted Evil

clown

GarryB, JohninMK, Hole and ucmvulcan like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:22 am

GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    no mistake but lie.

And a lie made of ignorance most of all.
    The highest rate of fire for all NATO standard artillery to this day is Pzh2000 with 12 rpm.
    Bt the point is how was that measured.
    Well, they start with the first round already loaded.Laughing

That is why the new MSTA-S equals its rpm in practice while beating in range.
    And Koalitsya is another level.

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, zepia, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

0nillie0
    0nillie0

Post  0nillie0 Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:43 am

If you do feel the need to respond to limb, please edit the quote so those of us who do not want to read his posts don't get eye cancer from the content. Feel free to be creative with it.

GarryB, psg, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, ALAMO, wilhelm and like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:36 pm