Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+65
sundoesntrise
Broski
Odin of Ossetia
BliTTzZ
Walther von Oldenburg
TMA1
Regular
par far
dionis
lyle6
zorobabel
kvs
Lapain
calripson
Tolstoy
Rodion_Romanovic
Dr.Snufflebug
famschopman
flamming_python
thegopnik
billybatts91
d_taddei2
Erk
mnztr
GunshipDemocracy
Ispan
RTN
sepheronx
Sujoy
VARGR198
LMFS
Belisarius
ArgentinaGuard
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
PapaDragon
Werewolf
Airbornewolf
SeigSoloyvov
Scorpius
nomadski
GarryB
Stealthflanker
franco
Mir
JohninMK
Hole
0nillie0
Isos
Ned86
lancelot
Serberus
Podlodka77
limb
ALAMO
owais.usmani
Arrow
Firebird
ucmvulcan
Backman
PhSt
caveat emptor
Arkanghelsk
Big_Gazza
Azi
crod
69 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26 - Page 33 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26

Post  caveat emptor Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:16 pm

flamming_python wrote:Here though, we're basically talking about 1 town and its outlying villages. Yes the eastern part of Kharkov region as well, but that was abandoned on purpose.
    Leaving own troops surrounded just doesn't sit right with me. Leave the town or send reinforcements. Situation on the ground is not desperate for Russia that these things should be happening in the first place.
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26 - Page 33 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26

Post  caveat emptor Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:18 pm

ALAMO wrote:
    Ukraine is David only now.
    Due to six months of intense struggle.
    Don't play Gooffy.
    No. Ukrainian army was always David when compared with Russian. The fact that Russian government decided not to deploy enough forces and go with SMO scenario is their own choice.

SeigSoloyvov likes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:26 pm

caveat emptor wrote:
    No. Ukrainian army was always David when compared with Russian. The fact that Russian government decided not to deploy enough forces and go with SMO scenario is their own choice.

You are not much in the Bible, aren't you? Laughing

GarryB, flamming_python, Rodion_Romanovic and Podlodka77 like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:26 pm

And one song for the fighers of Ukroshitstan... !

Firebird, GunshipDemocracy and thegopnik like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:30 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:Well if Putin finally lets the army treat this like a war and orders a full scale war properly then the **** up with Liman served a point, it got their asses into gear and out of the sand.

Now IF russia does properly deploy its forces and mobilize more men the question becomes.

How much of Ukraine will it take? I wager Odessa, Sumy and Khakrov, possibly Poltava but that's a maybe IMO.

Porlbem is if they try to seize everything up to the Dnipro river that means you HAVE to take Keiv and if you take kiev well now you need to size more areas to create a buffer space around it

but this is all "IF" war must be declared first and I must see the required number of troops deployed

We can only speculate. Russian strategical and tactical goals and the real situations be it military, political or economical, are unknown for us in their entirety so their actions may sound dumb for us.

They are adaptating their "war" to those situations so their success and failures can be rationaly explained but not to us.

GarryB likes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:39 pm

Looks like Ukraine is going for accelerate membership in NATO -

Will Putin back down? Or will he launch nukes if article V is declared?

UN and NATO secretary General are going to speak soon
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:41 pm

Isos wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:Well if Putin finally lets the army treat this like a war and orders a full scale war properly then the **** up with Liman served a point, it got their asses into gear and out of the sand.

Now IF russia does properly deploy its forces and mobilize more men the question becomes.

How much of Ukraine will it take? I wager Odessa, Sumy and Khakrov, possibly Poltava but that's a maybe IMO.

Porlbem is if they try to seize everything up to the Dnipro river that means you HAVE to take Keiv and if you take kiev well now you need to size more areas to create a buffer space around it

but this is all "IF" war must be declared first and I must see the required number of troops deployed

We can only speculate. Russian strategical and tactical goals and the real situations be it military, political or economical, are unknown for us in their entirety so their actions may sound dumb for us.

They are adaptating their "war" to those situations so their success and failures can be rationaly explained but not to us.

I was speculating....why I said "I wager"
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:42 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:Looks like Ukraine is going for accelerate membership in NATO -

US postponed delivery if 18 Himars and you think they will go for a nuk ping pong game with Russia over Zlensky lol1

GarryB likes this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:42 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:Looks like Ukraine is going for accelerate membership in NATO -

NATO isn't going to accept Ukraine in while its at war.

Whatever is left of Ukraine after the war is over sure

GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK, Lapain and Broski like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:43 pm

I was speculating....why I said "I wager"

I know. I was just saying we can speculate all day it is useless since we don't know what's going on behind the doors.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:45 pm

caveat emptor wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:Here though, we're basically talking about 1 town and its outlying villages. Yes the eastern part of Kharkov region as well, but that was abandoned on purpose.
    Leaving own troops surrounded just doesn't sit right with me. Leave the town or send reinforcements. Situation on the ground is not desperate for Russia that these things should be happening in the first place.

My sympathies to them but they are professional warriors and war is what they know and what they know how to do. They are not civilians, they can take care of themselves for a while until either relief comes or they are ordered to break out.

Being surrounded is not a death sentence. Ukrainian forces were surrounded in Mariupol for weeks before circumstances forced them to surrender. And they never did run out of supplies. It's all about preparation, and Russian command did have time to prepare for the assault on Krasny Liman; a generous amount of time in fact.

In my mind the defenders of Krasny Liman are doing an admirable job in tying down what seems to be a colossal amount of ordnance, men, and equipment being concentrated all against them. Zelensky has all but proclaimed Krasny Liman, this little town of questionable strategic significance - as the Ukrainian no. 1 target across the entirety of the theater.
    And this single-minded pursuit of objectives, for propaganda reasons or otherwise - is a blatant weakness of Ukrainian military thinking. They are entirely predictable. And have now committed themselves to this mini-Verdun style battle.
    While having this town in operational encirclement meanwhile means rather nothing, considering the proximity of this location to the Russian border and numerous Russian units so far held in reserve.

No need to interrupt the enemy while they're making a mistake.

I'll leave the screaming and thrashing of betrayal to all these little Russian right-wing and nationalist groups on Telegram with little education on military history and even fewer brains.
    So far Shoigu, Dvornikov, Gerasimov are doing a good job

Last edited by flamming_python on Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, franco, psg, Werewolf, Airbornewolf, kvs, ALAMO and like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:48 pm

flamming_python wrote:

Being surrounded is not a death sentence.

How it goes?
    You are an airborne! Not being surrounded is what should bother you!

GarryB, franco, flamming_python, Werewolf, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:49 pm

How many men could NATO mobilize before they'd have to start conscripting.

If article 5 is called , i doubt the US would attack Moscow. If they did then it's world over. NATO could jump in to play a ground role. Like the Korean war , it would be conventional vs conventional.

One would think that the US and Russia could just negotiate a line somewhere in central Ukraine. But the US is insane. If nato jumps in they would try and take Odessa and Kharkov right off the bat.

GunshipDemocracy and jon_deluxe like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:49 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:

Well thats the point, by taking those lands Putin technically has exited Ukraine

There are no more territorial disputes in the rest of Ukraine

NATO could accept the rest of the country today

With ZPR , KPR , DPR AND LPR gone, NATO can commit to defend the rest of the Ukrainian land

Putin has been looking for a face saving way to end this and I think this is why krasny liman and Kharkov collapsed

He's run away from the rest of the country and will settle for this land

The mobilized will only defend borders and the other troops will be based in the New territories

But the war might just be over as of today

Firebird, flamming_python, Rodion_Romanovic, Sprut-B, Broski and billybatts91 dislike this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:52 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:

Why not? The rulebook means nothing anymore. All the leaders of the NATO countries are 100% for war. They can agree to do anything they want.

flamming_python likes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:55 pm

Ukraine is no longer at war though

Russian troops are no longer in Ukraine, they are in Russia

Putin has ended the hostilities

He will exit Kharkov and the rest will go to NATO

Firebird, Backman, Broski and billybatts91 dislike this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:56 pm

No I don't see russia stopping at these four areas only that would be a strategic failure.

GarryB, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK, Lapain and Broski like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:57 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:No I don't see russia stopping at these four areas only that would be a strategic failure.

It's over my man and that is what it is, a strategic failure

They won't reinforce Kharkov, they're leaving it

And theyl settle for what they could keep

Game set and match

Firebird, Backman and Broski dislike this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:57 pm

kvs wrote:The wear rate of US artillery demonstrates the inferior metallurgy of the "high tech superpower" USA.   Period.

No No No its not inferior - it is by design. Not only that it probably cost at least 20x more than the Russian equivalent.
    These guys know how to make $$$. Twisted Evil

GarryB, kvs, ALAMO, JohninMK, Sprut-B, Broski, jon_deluxe and like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:57 pm

Backman wrote:Why not? The rulebook means nothing anymore. All the leaders of the NATO countries are 100% for war. They can agree to do anything they want.

No they aren't, not in the way you proclaim. they are for supporting Ukraine with material only not committing their own troops of waging Nuclear death.

GarryB likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:58 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

Well thats the point, by taking those lands Putin technically has exited Ukraine

With ZPR , KPR , DPR AND LPR gone, NATO can commit to defend the rest of the Ukrainian land

Putin has been looking for a face saving way to end this and I think this is why krasny liman and Kharkov collapsed

The mobilized will only defend borders and the other troops will be based in the New territories

That's obviously not the plan because Putin is not an idiot

You can't just exit with a face saving way if your opponent is set on brutally killing you no matter how many Ukrainians he has to sacrifice to do it

GarryB, psg, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, Sprut-B, Lapain, Hole and like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:59 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:No I don't see russia stopping at these four areas only that would be a strategic failure.

It's over my man and that is what it is, a strategic failure

They won't reinforce Kharkov, they're leaving it

And theyl settle for what they could keep

Game set and match

We will see but I doubt it Khakrov, Sumy and Odessa have to be captured if this "SMO" is to be considered a strategic success.

That is my opinion I could be wrong, we will see
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:00 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

That's obviously not the plan because Putin is not an idiot

You can't just exit with a face saving way if your opponent is set on brutally killing you no matter how many Ukrainians he has to sacrifice to do it

It is an exit,

The west will tell Zelensky to stop attacks on the new regions

That's it

The deal was made and sold to us as a victory

Russia can save face

And NATO takes the rest

Firebird and Backman dislike this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:02 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:
    It is an exit,

The west will tell Zelensky to stop attacks on the new regions

That's it

The deal was made and sold to us as a victory

Russia can save face

And NATO takes the rest

Why did the Anglos torpedo Nord Stream against the wishes of the Germans then?

No, they're clearly not looking for an end to the war

Last edited by flamming_python on Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, littlerabbit, Sprut-B, lancelot, Broski and ucmvulcan like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:04 pm

Hopefully this is the plan for the future Novorossiya.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26 - Page 33 Future10

d_taddei2, GunshipDemocracy, nomadski and Broski like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:08 am