Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+65
sundoesntrise
Broski
Odin of Ossetia
BliTTzZ
Walther von Oldenburg
TMA1
Regular
par far
dionis
lyle6
zorobabel
kvs
Lapain
calripson
Tolstoy
Rodion_Romanovic
Dr.Snufflebug
famschopman
flamming_python
thegopnik
billybatts91
d_taddei2
Erk
mnztr
GunshipDemocracy
Ispan
RTN
sepheronx
Sujoy
VARGR198
LMFS
Belisarius
ArgentinaGuard
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
PapaDragon
Werewolf
Airbornewolf
SeigSoloyvov
Scorpius
nomadski
GarryB
Stealthflanker
franco
Mir
JohninMK
Hole
0nillie0
Isos
Ned86
lancelot
Serberus
Podlodka77
limb
ALAMO
owais.usmani
Arrow
Firebird
ucmvulcan
Backman
PhSt
caveat emptor
Arkanghelsk
Big_Gazza
Azi
crod
69 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26

mnztr

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26 - Page 18 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26

Post  mnztr Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:07 am

d_taddei2 wrote:
    I personally think no nukes will ever be used this would only further demonize Putin and Russia and play into the hands of the west as big bad Russia worse than Satan image. It would also look very desperate and be seen as Russia throwing it's toys out of the pram very much like what USA did in Japan by using weapons of mass destruction on civilians. Although I do think we might see FOAB  or other heavier bombs being used, and more heavy bombers being used Tu-22M3, Tu-95, Tu-160. If Russia was to use nukes it would be far more useful using in western Ukraine than on the doorstep of newly annexed areas. Nuking western Ukraine would be on the doorstep of countries helping Ukraine and would impede on supplies into Ukraine and Russia will most likely never annex these areas so once the land is contaminated nothing will be able to be planted and the pro Ukrainian and pro neo Nazi civilians will suffer over time with various health issues or the land vacated and those Ukrainians move into Europe and cause Europe more refugee crisis. The no man's land would create another buffer zone. But as I said I highly doubt any nukes will be sent. Maybe the west will use one on civilians and then blame Russians that more likely to happen than Russia using nukes. That's my 10 pence worth lol.

I really see no reason for it. Its absurd to think that Russia would go from fighting with kid gloves to using nuclear weapons. The have hundreds of escalation options before resorting to nukes.

sepheronx, GarryB, flamming_python, d_taddei2, kvs, JohninMK, BliTTzZ and like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26 - Page 18 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26

Post  thegopnik Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:11 am

Sorry i am not a subject matter expert in this field but if that was NS2 is NS1 still operable? I feel bad for the Germans.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:16 am

thegopnik wrote:Sorry i am not a subject matter expert in this field but if that was NS2 is NS1 still operable? I feel bad for the Germans.

Both were damaged so no North Stream period.

flamming_python and BliTTzZ like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:24 am

Poland starting shit again between these two.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26 - Page 18 16643110
    ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:00 am

So the west sabotaged Nordstream. Well, that is going to chill a lot of people's support for this war and there could be lots of regime change coming to western Europe.

GarryB, BliTTzZ, Hole and Broski like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:09 am

ucmvulcan wrote:So the west sabotaged Nordstream.  Well, that is going to chill a lot of people's support for this war and there could be lots of regime change coming to western Europe.

Not the whole west. US did it. Because it doesn’t hurt them and makes the rest of the West dependent on them. And everyone knows that.

GarryB, BliTTzZ and Broski like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:44 am

owais.usmani wrote:
    Backman wrote:https://t.me/DonbassDevushka/27384

The former general director of Roskosmos, Dmitry Rogozin,  lol1 may head the new embassy, Vedomosti reports. @kedmi

@PapaDragon: Here you go, your prayers are being answered! Very Happy

If this keeps up I may have to start going to church more often than just for Christmas Cool

sepheronx, GarryB, franco, flamming_python, littlerabbit, owais.usmani and Broski like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:49 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    VARGR198 wrote:Anyone hear about Nordstreams 1 and 2? They are both leaking under the sea.  Its believed someone has deliberately sabotaged them.

Well that wouldn't be an unbelievable if it did happen

Germans should get around fixing that otherwise they might experience discomforts down the road

GarryB, flamming_python, BliTTzZ and Broski like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:51 am

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26 - Page 18 Img_2198

Ukros push north from Seversk -

They forced the severskiy Donets, and are building a bridgehead

Rubizhne and Kremina are under danger

This is where Russia fought after taking Lisichansk

Losing this would mean LPR could lose territory and go back to occupied territory

I saw Vids of Kraken , not good, fuckers are armed well with tons of equipment and vehicles

They're swarming the area

I saw Z fighters casualties, poor men, wtf is going on in this area?

Kraken and the VSU look very well armed, mobile they have t72, t64s look like, bunch of light vehicles, equipped with NATO weapons and rockets, grenades everything

Ours have airforce and cannot stop them who have no airpower

It's unbelievable

Mow them down, better job needs to be done to hunt air defense
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:00 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26 - Page 18 Img_2198

Losing this would mean LPR could lose territory and go back to occupied territory

I saw Vids of Kraken , not good, fuckers are armed well with tons of equipment and vehicles

Kraken and the VSU look very well armed, mobile they have t72, t64s look like, bunch of light vehicles, equipped with NATO weapons and rockets, grenades everything

It's unbelievable

Nothing that can't be solved with decent number of reinforcements

flamming_python and Backman like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:05 am

ALAMO wrote:Dima is trying to play a badass with this kind of stupid comments, while he is only making a fool of himself.
    What fuckin' nuclear weapon, for the gods of Ethernia?!?....

Do not speak of gods of Ethernia in vain!

And what's wrong with nukes?

Ukraine is a big place, they can soak up dozen of those without any spillover

Plus I want to see those babies go

(people keep forgetting that nukes keep peace)

Sprut-B and owais.usmani like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:12 am

caveat emptor wrote:
    Nothing that can't be solved with decent number of reinforcements

Well yes and BARS has done well unsupported on they're own

But they're being encircled due to being so few of them

But in the engagement I saw near Lyman - BARS fucked the hohols up

But Kraken did do damage as well on the way through

BARS cannot do it on their own

I know the loss of 2 jets probably put VKS in position where operations slowed down

But they are desperately needed to give CAS to BARS and the guys that are holding out on their own

Equipment is being slowly sent , but they need more

Kraken is overwhelming the flanks
    Lapain

Post  Lapain Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:13 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26 - Page 18 Img_2198

It's unbelievable

Kinda breaks the idea that Ukr. are facing with horrendous losses, when in reality they are still well equipped.

Strangely enough, no Shahed O'clock in that sector. And these guys are yet to show up anywhere. Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26 - Page 18 Image10
    Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:13 am

ucmvulcan wrote:So the west sabotaged Nordstream.  Well, that is going to chill a lot of people's support for this war and there could be lots of regime change coming to western Europe.

How ? The US regime has no problem completely rigging elections now. No govt will change in Germany or France. Unless it's a full blown bloody revolution. Which it probably won't be. Not for a couple years anyway
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:19 am

Lapain wrote:

Kinda breaks the idea that Ukr. are facing with horrendous losses, when in reality they are still well equipped.

Strangely enough, no Shahed O'clock in that sector. And these guys are yet to show up anywhere. Russian special military operation in Ukraine #26 - Page 18 Image10

I have no clue why Geran 2 is used in Odessa, but not where guys are taking casualties

It is MIND warping

To see 64 drone swarm used in fucking Odessa

But not one video of geran used in Kharkov,

And I see BARS using bmp 1 and other such vehicles

The Wagner group by Artemovsk did get lots of kills , they are advancing

But Kharkov is depressing to see

I don't understand how it makes sense to conduct an offensive on Bakhmut, but give up the entire north area of Seversk
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:19 am

Lapain wrote:

Yak-130 never did CAS in real life. It was only discussed as possibility. It is a training aircraft and it will stay that. Especially against opponent that has enough AD assets, like Ukrainians do.

Last edited by caveat emptor on Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, flamming_python, Sprut-B, Lapain, lancelot, Mir and Broski like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:24 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:
    But they are desperately needed to give CAS to BARS and the guys that are holding out on their own

Equipment is being slowly sent , but they need more
    Honestly i expected that they would counterattack by now. They should have 1st Tank Army in the area of north Lugansk. And Russia is very close. Reinforcements can arrive in few hours. Russian army is outnumbered around Kupyansk and to the north as well. Defensive lines are holding up better though. As i said before, i don't understand the thinking. They can't even withdraw forces around Lyman now, without taking heavy losses.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:26 am

I see that there still is no real point being in this thread.  Its still filled with doomers.

People like Khadyrov is definitely right.

Armchair generals not even close to the conflict or not even in any field to speak of, still "debating" and "screaming"

GarryB has more patience than I do.

Edit: Limb is just mad cause his attempt of trying to be smart while being stupid got his thread locked.

Last edited by sepheronx on Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, Airbornewolf, DisturbedOne93, BliTTzZ, Sprut-B and like this post

limb dislikes this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:38 am

i think interesting shit will happen on septermber 30th(when those 4 regions join russia) and I dont want to be a conspiracy theorist but I think that they will make lyman fall on purpose like stage it to hit those 4 territories as a reason to start their next course of action. If the Russian Intelligence believed that they were in real trouble they would have sent active duty troops(whom have experience) instead of reservists. My gut feeling is telling me they are staging something and I am not drunk writing this post
    mnztr

Post  mnztr Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:51 am

thegopnik wrote:Sorry i am not a subject matter expert in this field but if that was NS2 is NS1 still operable? I feel bad for the Germans.

I would say at least 6m in ideal conditions to fix it. I would say 99% chance work of the Poles.
    mnztr

Post  mnztr Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:52 am

I would say at least 6m in ideal conditions to fix it. I would say 99% chance work of the Poles.
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:53 am

Stealthflanker wrote:Yeah, curiously "Western" news never really brought up anything about How Ukraine Mobilized.  Laughing

I would assume it's just as chaotic or even more than Russian one.

Why do you think the Russian mobilisation is "chaotic"? Because the Ukrops or the Western trash MSM and social media echo-chamber says so? Suspect

I thought you were smarter than this? dunno

sepheronx, GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs, Sprut-B, LMFS, Hole and like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:55 am

mnztr wrote:Why do some of the dead bodies have their pants pulled down. Is this done as a sign of disrespect or were they killed while taking a shit?

Leisure activities, US Army style Twisted Evil

The squad that tosses together stays together... or at least until the bombs and arty rains down Razz

GarryB likes this post

lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:06 am

Big_Gazza wrote:
    Why do you think the Russian mobilisation is "chaotic"?  Because the Ukrops or the Western trash MSM and social media echo-chamber says so?   Suspect

I thought you were smarter than this? dunno
    Its true though, the Russian mobilization lacks the order of the Ukrainian one, which is almost conveyor-like in efficiency in processing Ukrainian meat into fertilizer. Twisted Evil

Big_Gazza, kvs, BliTTzZ, Sprut-B, LMFS, Hole, lancelot and like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:21 am

Backman wrote:Russia is excessively legalistic IMO.

There is a good reason - to triumph in the proxy war with the Collective 4th Reich, Russia needs the goodwill and co-operation of nations like China and India and the rest of the Global South. Conducting the war as an SMO, restricting ones actions to clearly defined goals using reasonable levels of force, then seeking the approval of the populations of SE Ukraine is a key part of their strategy. The West will never accept Russias narratives, no matter how justified some (many) of them may be, but the rest of the planet? They are not interested in the feverish hysterical BS puked by the West, its propaganda machine, or the dumbest of its herd in the social media clown-world. They want a multi-polar world with the US/EU knocked out of its position of Overlord, and a fairer and freer system where all nations can choose for themselves without fear of sanction and economic/financial attacks.

They will suport Russia behind the scenes as long as Russia is not seen as a some kind of rampaging expansionist indulging in naked aggression and theft of territory, and if they simply charged into Ukraine from Day #1 wth all guns blazing, I doubt even the Chinese would be able to stay the course until the end. Russia doesn't need to win the information war in the Western space (its simply impossible, no matter what they do, no matter what the facts are), it just has to win over sufficient hearts and minds in the rest of the planet so that foreign elites can hitch their wagons to the chaging world and embrace multi-polarity without having to worry about the demands of their own citizens baying for Russian blood.

GarryB, franco, Werewolf, kvs, BliTTzZ, Sprut-B, LMFS and like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:51 am