Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+71
lyle6
marcellogo
jhelb
OminousSpudd
psg
ArgentinaGuard
0nillie0
owais.usmani
xeno
eridan
ATLASCUB
mnrck
Azi
sundoesntrise
Serberus
Ispan
TMA1
VARGR198
LMFS
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Belisarius
GunshipDemocracy
Tolstoy
Ned86
PhSt
Airbornewolf
Firebird
Scorpius
limb
Werewolf
Mir
11E
adder
Arrow
kvs
GarryB
Rodion_Romanovic
Sujoy
Dr.Snufflebug
lancelot
flamming_python
PapaDragon
crod
par far
mnztr
franco
Isos
dionis
Broski
ucmvulcan
Erk
Regular
calripson
nomadski
ludovicense
billybatts91
Arkanghelsk
Podlodka77
JohninMK
thegopnik
Stealthflanker
Walther von Oldenburg
sepheronx
Big_Gazza
zorobabel
SolidarityWithRussia
SeigSoloyvov
Hole
caveat emptor
ALAMO
Backman
75 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25

Arrow

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25 - Page 18 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25

Post  Arrow Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:37 pm

So there will be no VVP speech...
    thegopnik
    thegopnik

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25 - Page 18 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25

Post  thegopnik Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:41 pm

Ghost of kherson says his speech is delayed until tommorow
    Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:44 pm

billybatts91 wrote:Welp.....so much for the high hopes we had -

“There will be no general mobilization”, says Andrey Kartapolov, Chairman of the State Duma for Defense and one of the authors of today’s amendments on the appointment of the concepts of "mobilization", "martial law" and "wartime" in the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation.

They also said days before the attack that there would be no invasion

GarryB likes this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:47 pm

I agree with Moon of Alabama

"I I find this whole seemingly hasty process atypical for Putin's usual way.

"My hunch is that Russia received information over some weapon systems the U.S. is secretly providing to the Ukraine. This could be missiles with several hundred kilometer range or other types of weapons that could seriously threaten Russia's towns and cities."

GarryB, GunshipDemocracy and Broski like this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:48 pm

Arrow wrote:So there will be no VVP speech...

It is reported that the publication has been postponed to tomorrow. In addition, it is reported that everyone can relax - the beginning of the third world war is not planned yet.

P.S. I also want to note that the decision on referendums was made immediately after the SCO summit and China's statements about Russia's support against Western aggression. I don't think these events are a series of coincidences.

sepheronx, GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, LMFS and like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:55 pm

Scorpius wrote:
    Arrow wrote:So there will be no VVP speech...

It is reported that the publication has been postponed to tomorrow. In addition, it is reported that everyone can relax - the beginning of the third world war is not planned yet.

P.S. I also want to note that the decision on referendums was made immediately after the SCO summit and China's statements about Russia's support against Western aggression. I don't think these events are a series of coincidences.

putin wanted to brief his key allies, China and India. He briefed Turkey as well but support from Turkey is not as important as China and India.

GarryB and Big_Gazza like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:58 pm

thegopnik wrote:Ghost of kherson states there is panic in zelenskys office about putins speech with shogui

The President of Russia is unavailable. Please try again later If your Macron GO *UCK YOURSELF and your grandma wife

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Azi, Backman and Belisarius like this post

Azi

Post  Azi Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:04 pm

“There will be no general mobilization”, says Andrey Kartapolov, Chairman of the State Duma for Defense and one of the authors of today’s amendments on the appointment of the concepts of "mobilization", "martial law" and "wartime" in the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation.
    The magic word is...CONSCRIPTS Wink

With the deployment of conscripts to the rear area tens of thousands of troops will be freed for offensive operations. There is no reason not to use conscripts, since they do not have to take part in offensive operations and so they can't be captured and this avoids unsightly pictures. The whole operation will speed up...you will see ukrainian defensive lines in the next weeks and months collapsing.

The incorporation of the regions is a very good and positive step, it changes everything. Many had doubts that it would even happen in the near future, now we have certainty.

Mir likes this post

Azi

Post  Azi Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:08 pm

billybatts91 wrote:Breaking: Wagner PMC says Kiev is transferring all its forces for a decisive attack on Russian Armed Forces. Apparently, even forces from Kiev are being mobilized - ASB
    Perfect! Very Happy The rats are now crawling out of the holes. Perfect for crushing them!

GarryB, GunshipDemocracy, LMFS, Mir, Broski and billybatts91 like this post

Azi

Post  Azi Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:10 pm

Backman wrote:

They also said days before the attack that there would be no invasion
    It's no invasion...it's a SMO Wink They kept the word!

GarryB and GunshipDemocracy like this post

Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:23 pm

Ghost of kherson🇷🇺
    @ILRUSSO1
    ·
    12 Min.
    🔥🔥🔥Kadyrov announced a change of tactics of the special operation in Ukraine
    "We are no longer going to mess around with them (the Ukrainian armed forces). He discussed all the details together with Magomed Daudov,head of the Chechen Republic's operational headquarters for 1/2

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Mir, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:27 pm

Azi wrote:

The magic word is...CONSCRIPTS Wink

With the deployment of conscripts to the rear area tens of thousands of troops will be freed for offensive operations. There is no reason not to use conscripts, since they do not have to take part in offensive operations and so they can't be captured and this avoids unsightly pictures. The whole operation will speed up...you will see ukrainian defensive lines in the next weeks and months collapsing.

The incorporation of the regions is a very good and positive step, it changes everything. Many had doubts that it would even happen in the near future, now we have certainty.

I hope they make sure to back up the conscripts with FSB and Wagner as there will be saboteurs and assassins aplenty.

Broski and Belisarius like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:28 pm

Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E wrote:Ghost of kherson🇷🇺
    @ILRUSSO1
    ·
    12 Min.
    🔥🔥🔥Kadyrov announced a change of tactics of the special operation in Ukraine
    "We are no longer going to mess around with them (the Ukrainian armed forces). He discussed all the details together with Magomed Daudov,head of the Chechen Republic's operational headquarters for 1/2

PLEASE !!!! mass in Belarus and strike south to close the &@#%$&^%Q#*$^!(*$ Western border. That way the boys can be home for the New Year.
    Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:57 pm

Today's report, includes a map in english

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2022/09/20/parte-de-guerra-20-09-2022/

GarryB, kvs, JohninMK and Mir like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:24 pm

thegopnik wrote:News says Macron is urgently reaching out to putin about the referenda.
    Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

GarryB, Big_Gazza, thegopnik, lancelot, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:30 pm

Backman wrote:I agree with Moon of Alabama

"My hunch is that Russia received information over some weapon systems the U.S. is secretly providing to the Ukraine. This could be missiles with several hundred kilometer range or other types of weapons that could seriously threaten Russia's towns and cities."
    It is not hasty. There is talk about these votes for months now.

GarryB, LMFS, lancelot, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:31 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25 - Page 18 Fdff8z10
    Zelenskiy will need this ammount of copium after Putins speech.

GarryB, psg, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, LMFS and like this post

Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:40 pm

Backman wrote:I agree with Moon of Alabama

The referendums were originally scheduled for Nov.
    They have been brought forwards.

I presume, so the RAF hands can be untied from the SMO so they can carpet bomb Ukraine.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:10 am

New video from BB

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Hole and Mir like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:11 am

Well Putin now has to officialize the referendum to the russian public.

The speech will be mainly that.

I guess he will wait to see if ukrainians get away from Donbass in fear of being seen as attacking russian mainland or if they keep fighting there which would push him to declare war and go in with its full forces.

The referendum is for next week so no mobilization before it officially becomes a russian land.

The counter offensive which partially succeeded and the massing of ukrainian soldiers for another one will oblige him to make a decision very fast though.

Today UE said they may allow russian coal trade which is probably why he postponed his speech for tomorrow.

I don't think the speech has anything to do with a mobilization or military matter. It's just about the referendum and say again things are going according to the plan and all the objectives will be achieved. Just my 2 cent.

GarryB likes this post

dionis

Post  dionis Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:36 am

Isos wrote:Well Putin now has to officialize the referendum to the russian public.

I guess he will wait to see if ukrainians get away from Donbass in fear of being seen as attacking russian mainland or if they keep fighting there which would push him to declare war and go in with its full forces.

The referendum is for next week so no mobilization before it officially becomes a russian land.

The counter offensive which partially succeeded and the massing of ukrainian soldiers for another one will oblige him to make a decision very fast though.

Today UE said they may allow russian coal trade which is probably why he postponed his speech for tomorrow.

I don't think the speech has anything to do with a mobilization or military matter. It's just about the referendum and say again things are going according to the plan and all the objectives will be achieved. Just my 2 cent.  

Does anyone here really think Ukraine cares about attacking Russia in some way, given that they have been shooting stuff over the border around Belgorod and other places, and in Crimea since the beginning? It will make no difference at all for Ukraine or probably even NATO who do not recognize Crimea and the potential new republics.
    thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:42 am

Isos wrote:Well Putin now has to officialize the referendum to the russian public.

Your making it sound like the ukrainians will be sane and rational when certain regions become a part of Russia and thinking those areas wont be attacked by Ukraine.

franco, Big_Gazza and Broski like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:01 am

ASB News

10 missiles hit critical infrastructure targets in Kharkov region — new missiles being launched right now

Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Hole and Mir like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:20 am

Ispan wrote:Today's report, includes a map in english

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2022/09/20/parte-de-guerra-20-09-2022/

Without maps

Part of war 09/20/2022
    20 September, 2022 Zhukov

Oskol – Kharkov River front

https://t.me/RVvoenkor/26553

The battle for Kupyansk is in full swing: information about our withdrawal has been partially confirmed
    ▪ For more than a week, this city of the Kharkov region has been divided: the western part is in the hands of the enemy, the eastern part is ours.
    ▪ The other day, our troops abandoned several blocks in the eastern part, which came under the most devastating fire of Ukrainian artillery.
    ▪ After an enemy raid, our forces launched a counterattack, pushing the enemy into a bag.
    ▪ There are urban fighting involving tanks and artillery.
    ▪ Special Forces attacked and guided artillery several times against the forces of Ukraine while trying to cross the Seversky Donets River near Kupyansk.
    ▪ The Ukrainian command has not declared the capture of the city but only reports shelling in the area.
    ▪ The French newspaper Le Monde has published (https://t.me/RVvoenkor/26522 ) an article stating that the Russian army is holding back the Ukrainian counteroffensive near Kupyansk, continues to hold the railway crossing and repels the Ukrainian attack in this direction.

We can confirm that Kiev troops are also moving towards Kharkov. For the first time, Ukraine is using its Kiev reserves that are kept there to protect the capital. Whether it's a safe move or a desperate last-ditch effort to retake Severodonetsk and Lisichansk

The directions of possible blows (including distractions) that we see are:
    ▪ Advance of defenses in certain sectors of the Kherson Front.
    ▪ Offensive in Zaporozhe to Melitopol and Berdyansk;
    ▪ An attack from the Kharkov region on Kupyansk and beyond.
    ▪ Attack on KLasny Liman;
    ▪ A breakthrough in the NRL from Belogorovka to Lisichansk, and then to Lugansk.
    ❗ Keep in mind that in most places a lot of unpleasant surprises are already waiting for you.

Ingulets – Kherson River front

Reporting by Aleksandr Khodakovsky, Vostok battalion

19 September Central Front - Zaporozhe

The past week has passed without significant changes on the front line, but relative stability should not deceive anyone: the enemy is preparing, transferring forces and resources, accumulating resources. In the Kurakhovo area there is a regular unloading of trains with materialand personnel, Pokrovskoe (formerly Krasnoarmeysk) almost does not lag behind in this regard.

This is an interesting technique: we have achieved success in one direction, but we have put ourselves in a state where we do not think about any offensive in this direction, only to stabilize the front, and the offensive surplus is transferred to another sector... A well-developed transport infrastructure allows you to maneuver limited forces, as for a full-scale war, creating accumulation where it is provided for by the plan, and the presence of a plan and success in its implementation is the possession of a strategic initiative.

20 September In Front of Kherson

Near Kherson, the situation is not easy, communication across the Dnieper is extremely difficult, there is a possibility that the enemy will try to push us across the river again

On the right bank of the Kherson bridgehead, our troops do not receive sufficient fire support. To the question – why? – they hear the answer: "We are waiting for the offensive, we are saving ammunition." Two days ago, when I was waiting for the bombing, we counted twenty-five large-caliber arrivals. Steadily, methodically, with adjustments from the air, the enemy beat our positions for half an hour, and not a single shot was fired in response.
    An hour ago, he fired at ours with Grad rockets and cannons, I have one dead, one seriously injured and several concussed.. Once again, we show stoic restraint: do we also save our ammunition? And the people?

Summary of Topwar.ru - Evgeny Lyushilin

https://topwar.ru/202112-svodka-po-situacii-na-frontah-rossijskoj-specoperacii-protivnik-sam-raskryvaet-mesta-atak-provodja-snjatie-minnyh-zagrazhdenij.html

the occupation of territories in the Kharkov region by the Ukrainian Armed Forces after the withdrawal of Russian forces gave the Kiev regime hope for victory in the confrontation with the Russian Armed Forces.

The enemy command, which has an unprecedented "fighting spirit", considered that the Ukrainian army can break through the defenses in the southern part of the Donbass and break through the Russian front in the area between Melitopol and Mariupol.

In this regard, the concentration of Ukrainian forces in this theater continues – in the area of Ugledar, Gulyai -pole and Orekhovo. In these areas, the enemy is trying to attack with armored groups consisting of tanks, infantry fighting vehicles and armored personnel carriers, previously dispersing the armored small units. Russian artillery inflicts great damage on the advancing enemy, forcing enemy forces to retreat to their original positions with significant losses. Today, during one of these raids, the enemy lost several infantry fighting vehicles and motorized rifle platoons consisting of so-called Terbatov soldiers (territorial battalions).

In the direction of Ugledar, the enemy cleared its own minefields for the passage of vehicles, but after several unsuccessful attacks, it ceased to be active. Taking advantage of this, the Donetsk militia fighters took enemy positions exposed by mine clearance, despite the fortifications erected here. This is in many ways an interesting precedent: the enemy begins to clear the minefields, which automatically makes it clear that he is going to attack in this particular direction, after which our reserves are quickly deployed there and the attacking enemy is hit. Then he retires, having suffered losses, and the positions that previously belonged to him, passing through the same cleared passages in the minefields, are occupied by Allied forces.

The enemy is trying to break through the defenses built by the Russian Armed Forces after retreating along the Oskol River and the reservoir. The main battles here are fought in Kupyansk and Krasny Liman, which are key defense centers on the northern and southern flanks of the front, respectively. Russian troops, despite unjustified reports of victory in Kiev, will continue to hold the eastern part of Kupyansk, located across the river, and Krasny.Liman, that the enemy is attacking from the western and southern directions. The enemy is running out of time – the bridgeheads created in front of the Krasny Liman after crossing the Seversky Donets will become extremely vulnerable to artillery fire after the leaves fall in autumn foliage.

To the south, Russian fighters continue to break into the fortified area in Artemovsk, surrounding it from the second direction after taking Kodema. The fights take place in the city. There are also struggles in the industrial zone of Soledar.

In the Nikolayev-Krivoy Rog direction, enemy units crossing the Ingulets River found themselves in pockets of fire in the Andreyevka direction. This is due to the attacks on the Karachuny e -Krivoy Rog reservoir dam that caused the flood to carry away the bridges built by the Ukrainian army. Russian artillery, as well as aviation, including assault aircraft, army and bombers, are shelling Ukrainian soldiers who have been cut off from their main forces.

Against the background of the activation of the Armed Forces of Ukraine after the start of the Kharkov offensive, the cities of Donbass and other regions are subject to constant massive artillery attacks. The Russian Armed Forces are conducting large-scale counterbattery fire. In recent days, five commanders of groups and batteries of the dea artillery have been destroyed.

Summary of Rybar

l September 20, 2022

Border territories of the Russian Federation:

Ukrainian forces shelled the villages of Volfino and Tetkino in the Glushkovsky district of the Kursk region, wounding a local resident.

Address Slayiansk-Barvenkovo

Scouts of the enemy 81 Brigade reconnaissance in combat in Drobyshevo. Apparently, at night, the enemy will make another attempt to attack the positions of the Allied forces in this locality.

Ukrainian troops do not abandon their attempts to storm Krasny Liman, but the Russian forces managed to take the initiative and counterattack. The enemy retreated to the Dibrov area and to the shore of the Seversky Donets.

The command of the Armed Forces of Ukraine continues to bring personnel and equipment to Svyatogorsk through the previously built pontoon crossing and is waiting for reinforcements to fix the Russian troops on Aleksandrovka.

Bakhmut (Artemovsk) :

The fighting continues in the Spornoye area: Wagner assault detachments have been deployed on the site to retake the villageand prevent the enemy from breaking through in the direction of the Lisichansk oil refinery.

An attempt by Ukrainian forces to occupy Berestove in the east of Soledar was stopped - the village is controlled by Allied forces.

Fighting continues on the outskirts of Bakhmut and Soledar. Reports about the beginning of the offensive of the voluntarsl "Wagner" in the depths of the Bakhmut industrial zone were premature. Russian fighters control the intersection in the eastern part of Patrice Lumumba Street, identifying and destroying fire points and positions of the Ukrainian Armed Forces.

Donetsk:

In the Donetsk direction, units of the DPR People's Militia are fighting near Peski in the Donetsk suburbs.

Ukrainian formations again shelled the cities of the Donetsk agglomeration: the capital of the DPR, Yasinovataya, Gorlovka, Mineralnoye and Yelenovka were attacked.

In addition, the Armed Forces of Ukraine carried out mass attacks in Alchevsk, Svatovo, Stakhanov, Krasnorechenskoye, Kremennaya and Nizhnyaya Duvanka in the Luhansk People's Republic.

Zaporozhe:

Ukrainian forces launched massive attacks on the territory of the Zaporozhe NPP, damaging the cooling system, the special building and the dining room where the employees of the plant were located at that time.

In response, the Russian Armed Forces suppressed enemy firing points in Nikopol and Marganets on the northern bank of the Dnieper.

Krivoy-Rog:

The command of the Armed Forces of Ukraine is gathering forces for a new offensive on the positions of the Russian army near Lyubimovka and Arkhangelsk.

GarryB, kvs, Ispan, Mir and Broski like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:10 am

[quote="JohninMK"]
    Ispan wrote:

We can confirm that Kiev troops are also moving towards Kharkov. For the first time, Ukraine is using its Kiev reserves that are kept there to protect the capital. Whether it's a safe move or a desperate last-ditch effort to retake Severodonetsk and Lisichansk

This shit is a bit concerning. I sure hope Russia has numbers coming from its side.

GarryB likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:54 am