Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+71
ludovicense
Serberus
kvs
lancelot
DerWolf
psg
Walther von Oldenburg
Broski
George1
Ned86
d_taddei2
Singular_Transform
PhSt
Regular
Werewolf
calripson
SolidarityWithRussia
ArgentinaGuard
0nillie0
mnztr
zorobabel
franco
Scorpius
Airbornewolf
GunshipDemocracy
GarryB
ahmedfire
TMA1
owais.usmani
OminousSpudd
crod
Podlodka77
PapaDragon
par far
Krepost
VARGR198
Belisarius
Big_Gazza
nomadski
nero
dionis
Ispan
flamming_python
Erk
Azi
Arrow
ucmvulcan
walle83
lyle6
Isos
mr_hd
Stealthflanker
Rodion_Romanovic
JohninMK
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Karl Haushofer
Mir
sepheronx
Firebird
Hole
billybatts91
Arsenic
ATLASCUB
thegopnik
SeigSoloyvov
limb
Arkanghelsk
LMFS
ALAMO
Backman
caveat emptor
75 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 24 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

Post  caveat emptor Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:06 pm

calripson wrote:
    Tell that to the guys who fought in Chechnya in 1994-1995 and 1999-2000.
    Chechen wars were large counterinsurgency operations. Here you have two large conventional armies fighting with fall they have. Scale of fighting is not even close.
    thegopnik
    thegopnik

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 24 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

Post  thegopnik Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:07 pm

del

Last edited by thegopnik on Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:14 pm

Not comforting knowing how casually ppl like this talk of losing. Why fly this close to the sun? When you have lots of military at your disposal.

Vladislav Ugolny (@Zola_of_Renovation) continues his sober and realistic assessment of the consequences of the Ukrainian offensive in the Kharkov region:

1) In February-March this year, the enemy tested our army's REAL strategic planning skills. It was expressed in the abandonment of bridgeheads in the Kiev, Chernigov and Sumy Regions.

2) Our Army is now being given an honest assessment for its REAL level in operational art and tactics, as well as in its ability to organise, man, supply and train troops. The enemy does not assess the level of photo-reports of combat effectiveness, only its own direct interaction with our troops. Our troops left the towns of Balakleya, Izyum, Kupiansk and Volchansk. The enemy has reached the Russian border.

3) So far, its successes are of great operational, political and media importance, but not yet of strategic significance. A triumph of strategic scale will be the loss of the Kherson bridgehead on the right bank of the Dnieper. Let us hope that it will not come to that. In addition, our withdrawal have already caused aggravation in Nagorno-Karabakh and elsewhere.

4) Now is the time to stop the retreat and hold on to some lines for the winter. And it is high time to take managerial decisions on the organisation of the troops, the production and purchase of new equipment, and the start of real combat training, rather than its paper imitations. So that these decisions will have had an effect by the start of the spring and summer campaign in 2023.

??

BliTTzZ likes this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:16 pm

thegopnik wrote:https://i.4cdn.org/gif/1663008865228799.webm have a good laugh guys.

Could you not post such things here. That's not funny at all.

For other people, it's a woman that kills herself with an ak-47 in the head.

Broski likes this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:17 pm

i lost track, how many power plants are out and how much electricity is out? I think Russia is just going to wait this out for the winter. Furnaces need electricity to get powered up besides gas.
    thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:18 pm

Isos wrote:
    thegopnik wrote:https://i.4cdn.org/gif/1663008865228799.webm have a good laugh guys.

its the commentary from dude on the left and a tranny not a woman.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:19 pm

thegopnik wrote:
    Isos wrote:

That's still disturbing to watch and not funny at all.

Forum rules want ypu to advize of such videos when posting.

d_taddei2, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:22 pm

Isos wrote:
    thegopnik wrote:
    Isos wrote:

That's still disturbing to watch and not funny at all.

Forum rules want ypu to advize of such videos when posting.

come on your older than 18 right? you clicked the link which you have to solve captchas for to open video. next time i will tell you its gore.
    Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:31 pm

thegopnik wrote:
    come on your older than 18 right? you clicked the link which you have to solve captchas for to open video. next time i will tell you its gore.
    There wasn't any captcha for me and I didn't find it funny at all, you may as well delete it before you get banned by Gary for posting gore with no context.

sepheronx, GarryB, d_taddei2, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK and Belisarius like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:34 pm

Broski wrote:
    thegopnik wrote:
    There wasn't any captcha for me and I didn't find it funny at all, you may as well delete it before you get banned by Gary for posting gore with no context.

got it I forgot there could be female users on this forum that are the sensitive type.
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:12 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Henceforth I announce my switch to a pro Ukrainian position. The recent events no longer allow me to maintain a pro Russian attitude.

Slava Ukraine!

Gee... the closet Nazi openly declares his true colours. Surprised not. Yawn.

Backman, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:21 pm

thegopnik wrote:
    Broski wrote:
    thegopnik wrote:

got it I forgot there could be female users on this forum that are the sensitive type.

Frankly I don't care for me and I love black humour but that's an open forum and kids may find it. They are already being filled with dumb brainwashing propaganda like lgbt things or spending days killing people in games. No need to share such thing too and make them even more crazy.

sepheronx, GarryB, d_taddei2, thegopnik and Broski like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:23 pm

flamming_python wrote:But I doubt they would offer terms that Russia would agree to

Far more importantly, why should Russia have any faith that the corrupt hegemonistic globalist cabal controlling the Collective West could ever be trusted to honour its word?

You don't take your boot off the neck of someone who wants to kill you.  You keep applying pressure until their economy collapses and the military capability of their vile proxy is finally crushed into the dust.  Then you force an unconditional surrender of that proxy and re-engineer their entire society so that it will/can never raise a hand against you again.

GarryB, flamming_python, JohninMK, BliTTzZ, The-thing-next-door, Hole and Broski like this post

Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:28 pm

So, what is going on with this massive Russian retreat, what are they up to?
    Why where the thermal power plants attacked?
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:33 pm

Erk wrote:So, what is going on with this massive Russian retreat, what are they up to?

I know there are no such thing as dumb questions but....

Either:

A) Read the thread

B) Wait and See since none of us have insider information, no one does but Russian military itself

or

C) Write a letter and wait for a reply from the Russian MoD.

GarryB, psg, flamming_python, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ, Sprut-B, Hole and Mir like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:34 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:Medvedev: Kiev's Security Guarantees Project is 'Prelude to World War Three'

Earlier in the day, Volodymyr Zelensky's office presented a project of future "security guarantees" for Ukraine after Russia's special military operation ends. The plan includes massive militarization, as well as intervention by foreign guarantors in the event of an attack on the country.

Deputy Chairman of the Russian Security Council Dmitry Medvedev has harshly criticized the project of security guarantees for post-conflict Ukraine, which was presented by Kiev, warning that its implementation will become a "prelude to World War Three".

Medvedev said that the presented project is basically equal to extending NATO's military protection over Ukraine. He warned that if the bloc's members don't stop sending more weapons to Kiev, the conflict might grow to a different level, become less predictable and will start involving more and more countries.

"Then the [people in] western countries will not be able to sit in their clean houses and apartments, laughing at how they weaken Russia using proxies. Everything around them will go up in flames. Their citizens will get their fair share of woes. The earth will literally burn and the concrete will melt around them," Medvedev warned.
    -----

In other words not gonna do shit- why talk like this to be ridiculed? Imbecile elites

Ukraine is already telling them they have been defeated and security guarantees will be imposed on stupid putin and Medvedev

This is the biggest failure of elite in modern history of Russia

Zelensky and Scholz are talking down to putin and the other imbecile

More hot air from Medvedev.
    thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:34 pm

I think its already clear now the Russians wont do shit. it gets as cold as -20 degrees celsius in ukraine sometimes during the winter even if you had some gas supplies furnaces need electricity which can be hard to acquire with power plants out.

Eastern euopeans are use to the cold right? I wish they were more like the americans or the western europeans to pussy out.
    Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:36 pm

Big_Gazza wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:But I doubt they would offer terms that Russia would agree to

Far more importantly, why should Russia have any faith that the corrupt hegemonistic globalist cabal controlling the Collective West could ever be trusted to honour its word?

You don't take your boot off the neck of someone who wants to kill you.  You keep applying pressure until their economy collapses and the military capability of their vile proxy is finally crushed into the dust.  Then you force an unconditional surrender of that proxy and re-engineer their entire society so that it will/can never raise a hand against you again.

It looks like Putin is taking some phone calls from the EU leaders before Russia proceeds. He did this before the war and after phase 1. Looks like Sholz said to his face that he has to pull out of Ukraine. Which is just an insult. And should give him the answer he needs. But he should have known that these calls were a waste of bandwidth and time.

I just wish we were hearing more from the ground about a Russian army being assembled. Russia obviously needs more regular troops in the fight. This shows the limitations of missile attacks when Russia is lobbing missiles at Kharkov daily for months and somehow the Ukraine motherf'ers assemble a counter force and bring it to the front.

GunshipDemocracy likes this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:51 pm

Erk wrote:So, what is going on with this massive Russian retreat, what are they up to?

Cuz Russian strategy seems to have changed, Izyum is no longer deemed useful and its westen flank was under constant attack. Troops have been steadily redeployed to other theatres over a period of months, and eventually the Orcs interceded after US signals intel realised that Kharkov was very lightly garrisoned.. Russians enacted a planned withdrawal (plans clearly existed, as the withdrawal was smooth and rapid) to more secure lines. Russians also made the orcs bleed as they advanced while keeping their own losses negligible.

Power system infrastructure is hit to remind the Orcs what Russia can do should they choose. It also immobilised train systems used to mobilise Orc reinforcements and may have allowed RuAF and missile forces to take out stranded troop & resupply trains. It also pisses on the "victory" ( Laughing ) parade of the orc supporters, and keeps their troll farms offline for a nice holiday.

Finally, orcs on the offensive means that these troops are now exposed and can be targetted. The easy ground has been ceded, and now the orcs must throw themselves into Russias fire zones such as they did in Kherson (and failed). Orcs are gunning for Kraszny Liman but are finding that defenses are solid and they are bleeding hard. If they push down in Ogledar they will get their arses handed to them again...

Don't pay attention to the doomers. If anyone expects the SMO/ATO to be easy then they have rocks in their heads, and there will be the occassional misstep and turnabout, but Russia has plenty of raw power and resources up her sleeve while the Ukropi are running on empty, have ther beggars bowls out, and are sucking on a big fat globalist cock as they throw away their soverignty and sef-respect to the (failing) Hegemon. Russias vital indicators are all holding firm while Ukropisstain is facing financial collapse and is at the limits of its remaining national capabilities.

Let the Ukro-rat trash enjoy their little party. It will be their last hurrah. Our turn will come when the stinking regime is ripped down and burnt in a dumpster. Twisted Evil

GarryB, psg, Firebird, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Ispan, BliTTzZ and like this post

Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:53 pm

sepheronx wrote:

Either:

A) Read the thread

B) Wait and See since none of us have insider information, no one does but Russian military itself

or

It's not a dumb question because this thread is full of noise, therefore it's hard to understand/find what is going on.

So, "nobody actually knows" seems to be the correct reply.
    Fair enough.

Here is a summary from Mark Sleboda no mention of the power plant shellings.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkhjtLo-1xg

Last edited by Erk on Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

sepheronx and GunshipDemocracy like this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:56 pm

Backman wrote:

It looks like Putin is taking some phone calls from the EU leaders before Russia proceeds. He did this before the war and after phase 1. Looks like Sholz said to his face that he has to pull out of Ukraine. Which is just an insult. And should give him the answer he needs. But he should have known that these calls were a waste of bandwidth and time.

I just wish we were hearing more from the ground about a Russian army being assembled. Russia obviously needs more regular troops in the fight. This shows the limitations of missile attacks when Russia is lobbing missiles at Kharkov daily for months and somehow the Ukraine motherf'ers assemble a counter force and bring it to the front.

For starters, I am as disappointed as any because what is going on in Kharkov looks bad. So did the pull back from Kiev this spring. However, as many have said, unless some of us are actually working for the MOD currently -and if you are, get the f*** off social media and focus on winning this damn war- none of us knows what is being planned by the MOD. Now to the highlighted part. Its possible that the Russian army is planning something. I really do hope they are. I really hope that much like in the last war against Fascists that they are biding their time until the wehrmacht's offensive exhausts itself and then launch a massive counterstroke. If the Russian MOD is planning a counterstroke then they would not say anything about a build up of forces in theater. In fact, that may be well why they did the Vostok exercises and yielded a lot of territory near Kharkov. Furtively move forces up close to the front while the west and Ukronazi's attention is focused elsewhere and then hit hard at a time and place of your choosing. That may well explain why you aren't hearing a lot about the Russians assembling a strike force. I really hope, for the defeat of the latest Anglo-American regime change and proxy war, that this is the case.

Firebird and Backman like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:01 pm

Backman wrote:This shows the limitations of missile attacks when Russia is lobbing missiles at Kharkov daily for months and somehow the Ukraine motherf'ers assemble a counter force and bring it to the front.

I think you will find that the elites of this counterforce have been trained and equipped in NATOstan and is therefore out of reach (for now...).  Cannon fodder support troops are probably pulled from reserves in the Orc city garrisons.

Missile attacks are best used against high-value targets such as C4I, AD systems, munitions dumps, fuel depots, assembly areas for foreign mercs etc.  i don't think you can effectively deal with common troops whose accomodation is likely to be dispersed.

The best way to deal with Ukropi troops is to incinerate them once they deploy. Get them out into the field where they can be seen and countered.  Their offensive in Kharkov (taking back territory that Russia clearly doesn't need or want) will give them wings and encourage them to do stupid things.  Such should be heartily encouraged...  Razz

Last edited by Big_Gazza on Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, flamming_python, Ispan, BliTTzZ, Sprut-B, The-thing-next-door and Hole like this post

Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:03 pm

Ukrainian channel 'Legitimniy':

"In the Kharkiv case, both sides lost a sufficient amount of weapons, but it is worth understanding that for the Russian Federation this is less than 0.5% of their stocks, and for Ukraine this is at least 40% of the transferred Western aid, which accumulated over the period of late spring and the whole summer.
    The captured equipment received from the remnants of the Russian Federation is almost 70% incapacitated, and is not able to cover the losses of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. We are silent about the losses in the trained and professional manpower of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. After all, all summer the Office of the President trained the reserves, and held back the advance of the Russians with the forces and quantity of the defense.

Few now write that the Russians began to bomb in the Kharkov region with aircraft and using the FAB-500. No matter how many successes the Armed Forces of Ukraine have now, the situation there is very difficult.

That is why Bankovaya so furiously began to demand from NATO new weapons and an increase in supplies, because now there is a great need to close the “holes”, and if the Russians trample on, then the reserves are 'empty'."

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ, Sprut-B, Hole, Backman and SolidarityWithRussia like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:04 pm

Erk wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:

Either:

A) Read the thread

or

It's not a dumb question because this thread is full of noise, therefore it's hard to understand/find what is going on.

So, "nobody actually knows" seems to be the correct reply.
    Fair enough.

Here is a summary from Mark Sleboda no mention of the power plant shellings.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkhjtLo-1xg

I agree with you here actually. This thread is so full of trash that needs cleaning that now I think of it, it is a legit question. Sorry.

Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:13 pm

Belisarius wrote:Ukrainian channel 'Legitimniy':

"In the Kharkiv case, both sides lost a sufficient amount of weapons, but it is worth understanding that for the Russian Federation this is less than 0.5% of their stocks, and for Ukraine this is at least 40% of the transferred Western aid, which accumulated over the period of late spring and the whole summer.
    The captured equipment received from the remnants of the Russian Federation is almost 70% incapacitated, and is not able to cover the losses of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. We are silent about the losses in the trained and professional manpower of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. After all, all summer the Office of the President trained the reserves, and held back the advance of the Russians with the forces and quantity of the defense.

Few now write that the Russians began to bomb in the Kharkov region with aircraft and using the FAB-500. No matter how many successes the Armed Forces of Ukraine have now, the situation there is very difficult.

That is why Bankovaya so furiously began to demand from NATO new weapons and an increase in supplies, because now there is a great need to close the “holes”, and if the Russians trample on, then the reserves are 'empty'."

Finally something a bit encouraging. I just hope the f*ck that Russia doesn't get to carried away with bean counting and make any assumptions. Just cover your ass with more god damn manpower which you do have. I was one of the biggest anti doomers here. But that has changed a bit

GarryB likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:29 pm