Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+71
ludovicense
Serberus
kvs
lancelot
DerWolf
psg
Walther von Oldenburg
Broski
George1
Ned86
d_taddei2
Singular_Transform
PhSt
Regular
Werewolf
calripson
SolidarityWithRussia
ArgentinaGuard
0nillie0
mnztr
zorobabel
franco
Scorpius
Airbornewolf
GunshipDemocracy
GarryB
ahmedfire
TMA1
owais.usmani
OminousSpudd
crod
Podlodka77
PapaDragon
par far
Krepost
VARGR198
Belisarius
Big_Gazza
nomadski
nero
dionis
Ispan
flamming_python
Erk
Azi
Arrow
ucmvulcan
walle83
lyle6
Isos
mr_hd
Stealthflanker
Rodion_Romanovic
JohninMK
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Karl Haushofer
Mir
sepheronx
Firebird
Hole
billybatts91
Arsenic
ATLASCUB
thegopnik
SeigSoloyvov
limb
Arkanghelsk
LMFS
ALAMO
Backman
caveat emptor
75 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 32 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

Post  PapaDragon Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:10 am

thegopnik wrote:ghost of zeepo is reporting i think that russian prisoners will be given a clean slate if they serve a 6 month contract with wagner...

This is move of a desperate country, if true things are worse than anyone though

I do hope they aren't really entertaining this idea, this shit never once worked in history and it was harbinger of doom for those who reduce themselves to it

owais.usmani likes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24 - Page 32 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #24

Post  PapaDragon Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:13 am

Mir wrote:
    ArgentinaGuard wrote:
    I give you an example. Argentina and Chile were on the brink of war in 1979. Pinochet entrusted his secret service to poison the drinking water of the Rio de la Plata and kill the population of Buenos Aires. I admire him because the guy loved his country.

You admire Pinochet and you are an Argentinian!? Do you have Nazi memorabilia on your wall? Do you read Mein Kampf before bedtime just to calm your nerves so you could go to sleep?

Pinochet wasn't pussying around and was killing the enemy

Unlike Russians now

owais.usmani and Backman like this post

BliTTzZ dislikes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:18 am

Scorpius wrote:https://t.me/boris_rozhin/63915

So, this was published in an open telegram channel. Prisoners are being recruited at the Wagner Private Military Company. Conditions: a six-month business trip to the combat zone. Only volunteers, after passing through several stages of selection: an interview, a polygraph, a review of the biography, the reasons why he was in prison. An absolute ban on alcohol, drugs, any sexual contact, any looting. After six months of combat service, a pardon. The volunteer can return home, or sign a contract for the next term. You can't go back to prison. If he decided to join the PMCs, and then "changed his mind" - he will be declared a deserter and shot. The vast majority of vacancies are in assault squads.

I am confused, does Russia have a military or not?

Who were all those people on Red Square during parade in May?

Were we cheering for convicts all those years?

owais.usmani and Backman like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:27 am

It seems that only VDV are doing work at the moment. Trenches are manned by DNR/LNR, enemy trenches are cleared by Wagner. It’s been like that for ages.
    Russian army mostly works with artillery and armour.

Also, reports about Zeks in Wagner are old and the video is probably too. Nothing relating recent events.

GarryB, Big_Gazza and BliTTzZ like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:30 am

Stealthflanker wrote:...So i watched the Kupyansk "collaborator execution"... disgusting. But unfortunately reprisal is a thing.. in Afghanistan.. God knows what happened to those"American collaborators" in shape of translators that didnt managed to evacuate or be evacuated.

Winners decide who traitors are and what happens to them, always have always will

This is perfectly valid move

If Russia has a problem with this they should stop whining and start killing and winning

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:37 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    Scorpius wrote:https://t.me/boris_rozhin/63915

So, this was published in an open telegram channel. Prisoners are being recruited at the Wagner Private Military Company. Conditions: a six-month business trip to the combat zone. Only volunteers, after passing through several stages of selection: an interview, a polygraph, a review of the biography, the reasons why he was in prison. An absolute ban on alcohol, drugs, any sexual contact, any looting. After six months of combat service, a pardon. The volunteer can return home, or sign a contract for the next term. You can't go back to prison. If he decided to join the PMCs, and then "changed his mind" - he will be declared a deserter and shot. The vast majority of vacancies are in assault squads.

I am confused, does Russia have a military or not?

Who were all those people on Red Square during parade in May?

Were we cheering for convicts all those years?

You got to do a bit more reading but, this is Wagner. A private army group. We used similar stunts decades ago. I remember long ago working for a an embassy and having Canadians pass through telling me they got pardoned for their crimes to sign up for the "US military" which I knew they weren't US military but private mil. US only hires their own prisoners.

Conquistadors were the same thing too. The 200 of them or so were all former convicts that Spain gave them an offer if they either want to face the gallows or to assist Christopher Columbus.

GarryB, kvs, BliTTzZ, Sprut-B, Hole, Mir and Podlodka77 like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:42 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    thegopnik wrote:ghost of zeepo is reporting i think that russian prisoners will be given a clean slate if they serve a 6 month contract with wagner...

This is move of a desperate country, if true things are worse than anyone though

I do hope they aren't really entertaining this idea, this shit never once worked in history and it was harbinger of doom for those who reduce themselves to it

your saving tax payer money from keeping them in prisons, they have a motivation to fight the war like for their freedom. you can also scare the shit out of the ukrainians besides the NATOlike warfare going on bombing places to make them start revolting.or fighting with each other. If ukraine is still persistent with the west you can always escalate the issue to another level.

Hole likes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:45 am

This isn't 200 years ago and USA lost the wars they used convicts in

These vermin will either f*ck up or switch sides and squeal the moment they are contacted by the enemy

Does Russia have military or not? Is Russian military afraid to fight war?

We fought entire NATO and every single jihadists on the planet and nobody would have even considered lowering themselves to this level, absolutely pathetic maggot move by Russians

No honor, no backbone, no integrity

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:56 am

PapaDragon wrote:

These vermin will either f*ck up or switch sides and squeal the moment they are contacted by the enemy

We fought entire NATO and every single jihadists on the planet and nobody would have even considered lowering themselves to this level, absolutely pathetic maggot move by Russians

They can’t switch sides, no one will Wololo them in trenches and they are spread over DNR command, barely independent. And if they do **** up - they die.

Russia has military in Ukraine, but it’s nowhere to be seen. There might be a surprise push… or a freeze. We will see.

Russia still didn’t take off their pants to **** Ukraine
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:59 am

PapaDragon wrote:

Difference is this isn't classified as a war and yes, Russia has soldiers. Roughly 1.15M of them if including everyone among every branch and pencil pushers. Most nations calculate it that way for some reason.

And USA is still in Iraq with mercenaries even till now. Afghanistan didn't have mercs or very few of them.  Most of the mercs are or where in Iraq and African states.  Mercenaries were used to great success all over Africa actually.  Mercenaries were used quite actively for last 30 years.

And you are assuming that they will just switch sides and what not and not assuming they weren't using these kind of people already.  As stated, any attempt of desertion will be shot.

As I said, they are Mercenaries. Russia has their own forces in, there are volunteer forces in, etc.

No, Russia isn't fighting this war like its a war or treating it like a war, and yes its frustrating people. But as Putin said, they are using roughly 10 - 15% of their military for this so they must be sticking to that number till either end of the conflict or find that they will have to use more if the volunteer units, local fighters and mercs turn out to be ineffective.

In that regard, the possibility of needing more manpower must have allowed Russia to pry open the piggy bank and give a significant larger contract to Wagner.  Would I be using prisoners? I'm unsure honestly. These are spearheads to attack locations.

Regular wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

They can’t switch sides, no one will Wololo them in trenches and they are spread over DNR command, barely independent. And if they do **** up - they die.

Russia has military in Ukraine, but it’s nowhere to be seen. There might be a surprise push… or a freeze. We will see.

Russia still didn’t take off their pants to **** Ukraine

Russias military seems to be entirely engraved in Kherson region hence why Russia is allowing them to have a referendum when they were not very keen or eager for LDNR.

Then the rest of russias forces seem to consist of Rosgvardi and VDV spread here and there.

GarryB, kvs and Hole like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:32 am

There was a talk that Wagner recruited people from prison system even before.
    I don't understand insistence on the side of political elites that Ru army shouldn't deploy numbers above certain percent to Ukraine. And i hope that it won't backfire.

Regular and Backman like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:36 am

service for 6 months is alot better for some that have a life sentence, besides you can also be a hero like Givi or motorola. They still do have a selection process and go through polygraph tests as well. after this war is over I will be interested if they make a documentary of Wagner in this conflict.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:36 am

caveat emptor wrote:There was a talk that Wagner recruited people from prison system even before.
    I don't understand insistence on the side of political elites that Ru army shouldn't deploy numbers above certain percent to Ukraine. And i hope that it won't backfire.

They are trying to make a point that they can fight this with 1 arm behind their back.

I also think it's to see the willingness of the locals hence why they are training them.

Now this "third army" I'm assuming is in Kherson region.

GarryB and kvs like this post

dionis

Post  dionis Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:45 am

sepheronx wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:There was a talk that Wagner recruited people from prison system even before.

They are trying to make a point that they can fight this with 1 arm behind their back.

I also think it's to see the willingness of the locals hence why they are training them.

I think the 3rd Army uses the new V-in-O symbol, and a big convoy of theirs was seen reportedly heading towards Krasniy Lyman.

Here:

https://t.me/NovichokRossiya/11313

And a just posted random video of S-300Vx from V-O ...

https://t.me/RVvoenkor/26040

sepheronx and kvs like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:57 am

thegopnik wrote:service for 6 months is alot better for some that have a life sentence, besides you can also be a hero like Givi or motorola. They still do have a selection process and go through polygraph tests as well. after this war is over I will be interested if they make a documentary of Wagner in this conflict.
    I would hope that not all convicts are taken into consideration, based on their prior criminal record. I don't want to see a Russian version of Tornado.
    Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:04 am

PapaDragon wrote:[quote="]

Yeah ? I didn't know that..ill take your word for it.

What good reason could there possibly be that Russia doesn't want to deploy more of its professional soldiers that are already trained and paid for ?

Mir likes this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:09 am

caveat emptor wrote:
    thegopnik wrote:service for 6 months is alot better for some that have a life sentence, besides you can also be a hero like Givi or motorola. They still do have a selection process and go through polygraph tests as well. after this war is over I will be interested if they make a documentary of Wagner in this conflict.
    I would hope that not all convicts are taken into consideration, based on their prior criminal record. I don't want to see a Russian version of Tornado.

Watch video with subs and he says what prisoners will be needed. No rapists, drug addicts, no unstable.
    https://twitter.com/SrbskyRus/status/1570179977794158594?s=20&t=Zel1yUN7JDFprGxT1lVwVg

GarryB, Scorpius, Broski and caveat emptor like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:16 am

sepheronx wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:e.

They proved that at the start of the war. But there should be no reason why they'd stress themselves out and hire prisoners to spare the idea of using some trained professionals who could use some real life practice anyway for Christ sakes. They should be rotating hoards of the regular army in there to battle harden them. But but but they don't want casualties. I guess casualties plays a part.

It is even more ironic that the entire Western media and subjects believe Russia has all 1 million Russian soldiers slugging it out in Ukraine. And mighty Ukraine is taking them on.

GarryB and Hole like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:18 am

flamming_python wrote:

Will you relax

As a result of this Ukr phantom victory, they are now throwing everything they have into new offensives and being decimated, as predicted

I suspect Russia will wait for them to exhaust themselves and their manpower

But I very much see the value here of this strategy; encouraging the Ukrainians to come to Russian lines instead of Russia fighting for every Avdeevka, Peskov, Lisichyansk. Who the hell needs that.
    Really fail to understand the objection of people here. Because Russia looked bad on twitter and Zelsnky got a photo-op? Who cares?

Happy to eat my words and admit I am wrong , IF I am proven to be. However at this stage I stand by what I said. Just because the Russians ran and allowed them to take over most of these places with minimal resistance doesn't make it a phantom victory.

Also thousands of civilians fled alongside the troops and many failed to get out who are now hunted for reprisals, you cant just brush that aside like its nothing, it was betrayal pure and simple. If they defended properly , stood firm and still lost fair enough, but to call it a redeployment (real or imagined) while knowing full well so many people would be displaced and killed as a result, its despicable.
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:35 am

Serberus wrote:
    Happy to eat my words and admit I am wrong , IF I am proven to be. However at this stage I stand by what I said. Just because the Russians ran and allowed them to take over most of these places with minimal resistance doesn't make it a phantom victory.

Also thousands of civilians fled alongside the troops and many failed to get out who are now hunted for reprisals, you cant just brush that aside like its nothing, it was betrayal pure and simple. If they defended properly , stood firm and still lost fair enough, but to call it a redeployment (real or imagined) while knowing full well so many people would be displaced and killed as a result, its despicable.
    Yep, i immediately got Oluja-like vibes from this thing.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:02 am

I'm so sick and tired of the piss poor reading comprehension issues members have here. I wanted to remind people Wagner is a private military company and thus hired by Russian government. Not controlled by. But since people here couldn't get that point, then I give up.

I'll just stick to posting news and ignoring 90% of people here.

Russian Aerospace forces jets started dropping thermobaric chute bombs straight onto Ukrainian positions.

Whoever was there turned into dust

This marks a significant escalation from the Russian side

t.me/asbmil

GarryB, Firebird, DisturbedOne93, Big_Gazza, Rodion_Romanovic, Sprut-B, ludovicense and like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:27 am

sepheronx wrote:I'm so sick and tired of the piss poor reading comprehension issues members have here.  I wanted to remind people Wagner is a private military company and thus hired by Russian government. Not controlled by. But since people here couldn't get that point, then I give up.

Potato, potahto. You're talking about semantics. Wagner works for and at the behest of Russian government. This is not LDNR from 2014, when you had semi-official units that were controlling parts of the territory (Mozgovoi's Prizrak brigade comes to mind) and where not fully incorporated into the governing structures.
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:31 am

Regular wrote:Nothing to do with Putin, but Russians are also not that innocent and did get their hands bloody when they killed of most of the slaver barbarians from around Crimea and expanded to the east, not always peacefully. Colonisation wasn’t that harsh compared to anglosaxon tho and most tribes simply were assimilated instead of wiped out.
    Ukraine would look like Tatarstan if it wasn’t for Russian empire.

No nation is "innocent", it is a matter of scale and opportunity only.
    And every single one wants to see themselves as an innocent one Laughing

Regular wrote:
    Also, reports about Zeks in Wagner are old and the video is probably too. Nothing relating recent events.

Well, the vid is clearly about Ukraine, as he says so directly.
    But as I said yesterday, it is a normal thing. They have practiced it for years.

Last edited by ALAMO on Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total

sepheronx, GarryB, Hole and Mir like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:37 am

Serberus wrote:

But why did it happen ? How could Russia possibly think it could hold this 1500 km line with the amount of troops it had allocated ? They could have easily scooted some extra troops across the border to cover Kharkov when they knew the counter offensives were coming. Was there too much bureaucracy to make that possible ?

It was a national embarrassment and it went against the main logic of the SMO. Civilian safety, hearts and minds.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:44 am

caveat emptor wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:I'm so sick and tired of the piss poor reading comprehension issues members have here.  I wanted to remind people Wagner is a private military company and thus hired by Russian government. Not controlled by. But since people here couldn't get that point, then I give up.

Potato, potahto. You're talking about semantics. Wagner works for and at the behest of Russian government. This is not LDNR from 2014, when you had semi-official units that were controlling parts of the territory (Mozgovoi's Prizrak brigade comes to mind) and where not fully incorporated into the governing structures.

No it isn't potato potahto.  Falls under completely different legal realms actually.  And there has been this debate for forever.  I suggest try reading up on it.  You are neither a contributor here or even a decent poster.  So stick to facts and news rather than your usual bullshit.  I got you on ignore and ill keep you there and not bother posting to you again.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

More actual stuff going on and not this bullshit talk:

[ Album ]
    🇷🇺🇺🇦 Kuban Cossacks beat Ukrainian militants in the Zaporozhye direction

Cossacks from the First Volunteer Detachment named after Ataman Zakhary Chepega daily stop the attempts of Ukrainian neo-Nazis to conduct a counteroffensive, and also carry out offensive operations themselves. There are no casualties among the personnel, the mood of the Cossacks is fighting, said the ataman of the Kuban Cossack army A. Vlasov.

https://t.me/intelslava/37100

[Forwarded from Slavyangrad (Olaf)]
    [ Photo ]
    ⚡🇷🇺🇺🇦⚔ Battle for #Kherson - "The GUT" became a Cauldron⚡

Ingulets' course corrected by Gleb, so much worse for the AFU. It seems inevitable that Ukraine will lose more territory. Ukrainian territory in #Kherson - #Nikolaev region will become smaller than it was before start of the famous Kherson Counteroffensive.

Previous post:

After the dam breach at Krivoy Rog, Russian Forces hit again the AFU accumulation in the "gut" pocket on the south bank of the #Ingulets River.

All crossings were washed away and the Ukrop militants are now cut off from supplies.

The blue line on the map marks the course of the #Ingulets river. This post serves to illustrate an earlier post of us.

@Slavyangrad/ t.me/Slavyangrad/8473 /
    Join SLG 🔺 Intelligence Briefings, Strategy and Analysis, Expert Community

https://t.me/intelslava/37102

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, Mir, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:21 pm