Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+64
Karl Haushofer
par far
calripson
bandit6
Mir
limb
Azi
Isos
LMFS
Big_Gazza
TMA1
ALAMO
nomadski
lyle6
Erk
kvs
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
mnztr
caveat emptor
dionis
0nillie0
mr_hd
rfan
Arsenic
zorobabel
ludovicense
Dr.Snufflebug
billybatts91
Rodion_Romanovic
OminousSpudd
Ispan
Singular_Transform
psg
Werewolf
crod
Firebird
Scorpius
PapaDragon
PhSt
flamming_python
Odin of Ossetia
Regular
JohninMK
ATLASCUB
lancelot
walle83
Airbornewolf
Stealthflanker
ucmvulcan
VARGR198
ArgentinaGuard
SeigSoloyvov
Podlodka77
Arrow
Belisarius
andalusia
Broski
Arkanghelsk
sepheronx
GarryB
thegopnik
franco
Backman
Hole
68 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23

PhSt
    PhSt

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 28 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23

Post  PhSt Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:11 pm

Azi wrote:but Izyum will be a hard nut again, like Bakhmut now.

In case the Russian leadership drops its pathetic humanitarian approach in this war, can both these areas be softened up for liberation after dropping a couple of FOABs? I don't care about civilian casualties as long as Russia exterminates the NATzO occupiers.

thegopnik likes this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 28 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23

Post  sepheronx Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:12 pm

Azi wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Kharkov was taken and lost, twice.

There is a point to that you know.

Like I said, if you think you know better, get packing. Oh wait, you are a pussy and will not fight, but sit and complain.
    Kharkov was not taken twice...BULLSHIT! Russia retreated from northern parts of the city to be out of artillery range...the magic 20 km of Grad systems. The retreat was a bit more of 30 km and later they pushed 10 km forward. They never retreated from areas like Balaklija or Izyum! Especially Izyum is a huge loss, the fight for Izyum was very hard. The towns and villages at russian border are no problem, but Izyum will be a hard nut again, like Bakhmut now.

As Alamo said earlier "twice?"

You weren't really paying attention to this conflict then. Remember border crossing sign showboating?

Anyway, kherson, donetsk and lugansk is still russian. I'll wait for Russian responses. Afterall, Kharkov was taken by Ukraine with little effort showing there wasn't much for Russian presence. Should be telling.

But if you guys are angry, I suggest heading to Russia and make demands while offering your services for combat.

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, Broski and Belisarius like this post

calripson

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 28 Empty Stunning Incompetence

Post  calripson Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:15 pm

The level of incompetence and myopia needed to reach this point is mind boggling. This trap was decades in the making and engineered quite cleverly and was as obvious as could be. Then again, you are talking about a leader who gives eulogies to Gorbachev who started this whole disintegration process, offers condolences to the Queen of the country leading the proxy war, and who refuses to call a war a war. The only thing the matches his incompetence is his callousness and cynicism to ask men to sacrifice their lives for such ill-conceived endeavor.

thegopnik and billybatts91 like this post

Big_Gazza, kvs and BliTTzZ dislike this post

Azi

Post  Azi Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:16 pm

lyle6 wrote:Lost territories can always be recaptured. Dead soldiers don't have respawn tickets.

And Russia's inflicting at least 10:1 exchanges. Do the math.
    The Soviet Union lost 11,4 million soldiers in WW2 Germany only 5,3 million (And if you remeber the germans fought in whole Europe too). Who lost WW2???

Maybe the exchange is 10:1 but Ukraine has only 2000-3000 KIA in the whole Kharkov operation, that's really a good rate. Ukraine will have soldiers for years! If we are optimistic and Ukraine had suffered 150000 KIA since operation, they still have a potential of 2-3 million soldiers. Do the math! With this speed the war will go on for 3-10 years. If you count only the territorial gains of Russian Army in the last 3 months the war will be over in over 50 years.

kvs and BliTTzZ dislike this post

PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:16 pm

sepheronx wrote:What if those methods are having to pull back to fight another day?

But like what others have argued, the NATzO regime will have fortified these areas by then, and retaking them will cost Russia another round of resources and manpower.

On top of that, it provides NATzO with extra propaganda points
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:17 pm

calripson wrote:The level of incompetence and myopia needed to reach this point is mind boggling. This trap was decades in the making and engineered quite cleverly and was as obvious as could be. Then again, you are talking about a leader who gives eulogies to Gorbachev who started this whole disintegration process, offers condolences to the Queen of the country leading the proxy war, and who refuses to call a war a war. The only thing the matches his incompetence is his callousness and cynicism to ask men to sacrifice their lives for such ill-conceived endeavor.

Crimea river Laughing Laughing Laughing

GarryB, franco, flamming_python, kvs, BliTTzZ, Hole, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:17 pm

lyle6 wrote:Lost territories can always be recaptured. Dead soldiers don't have respawn tickets.

And Russia's inflicting at least 10:1 exchanges. Do the math.

From limited video evidence so far it looks like Ukrainians are loosing more equipment, that’s for sure. Attrition should be terrible for western equipment that can’t even be serviced/repaired in the field or even in the rear.
    Influx of wounded even to Kiev doesn’t look good as well.

That’s all we know.

Who do you think in UA forces are taking the brunt of casualties?
    Azi

Post  Azi Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:18 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    But if you guys are angry, I suggest heading to Russia and make demands while offering your services for combat.
    I would do it for sure! My knowledge of russian language is not so good, but I'm learning! Twisted Evil Give me a few months! Cool

billybatts91 likes this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:18 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    billybatts91 wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:I see this forum has turned into a shitstorm with armchair generals and couch commandos have decided what needs to be done.

I suppose Garry can lock this thread now since Ukraine apparently won the war.  I guess it's over now.

Well where's your proof that this will turn around and anybody should be optimistic now? Putin and Co. have not done what is necessary in this entire war, why would they change now all of a sudden after so many losses?

Oh, I don't know. Maybe the fact Lugansk was entirely liberated and most of Kherson is still under Russian control when back in February Russia didn't hold a single spot of it with Kherson gonna hold its own elections eventually.

But you know better than Russian MoD so I guess you made your mind already anyway.

GarryB, I'll ask again, can this thread be locked?

I AGREE
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:20 pm

Arkhangelsk, limb, billybalts91, Azi, caveat emptor, Regular, PhSt, thegopnik, zorobabel...

Remarkable. I think by day 3, over half the regular posters of the Ukraine thread are infected, and busy spitting out Ukrainian war propaganda, in an attempt to infect others
    A couple others here are experiencing early symptoms. Yet others have gone quiet, probably thrashing around in a fever as the infection consumes them

The Ukros have come up with a remarkable psychological pathogen, the effect of which is considerably greater than anything happening on the ground.

I prescribe rest and voluntary quarantine for the next 48h.

If YOU notice symptoms, report in at this thread immediately.

sepheronx, GarryB, Werewolf, DisturbedOne93, par far, Big_Gazza, kvs and like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:21 pm

At this point, will it be a crazy thing if Russia starts retreating from parts of Kherson as well? I'm sure the Putin sycophants on here will explain to us that this is actually a brilliant tactical retreat and Russia will actually trap the Ukronazis and drive them back at some future undisclosed date. This is where we're at...ridiculous.

BliTTzZ dislikes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:21 pm

There's no point to be angry

The Russian leadership has offered concession after concession, and they want a peace deal

They sent Medinsky back in March, then they left Kiev out of goodwill, Zmeiny out of goodwill, they pulled from Kharkov, and will probably end up leaving Kherson and Zaporizhia, as long as they can get a deal to recognize LDNR

Putin himself said that is the justification for the war

The Atlanticists still have significant leverage despite the sanctions and most likely they have achieved to force Putin to accept a very limited operation in the LDNR
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:21 pm

PhSt wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:What if those methods are having to pull back to fight another day?

But like what others have argued, the NATzO regime will have fortified these areas by then, and retaking them will cost Russia another round of resources and manpower.

On top of that, it provides NATzO with extra propaganda points

With what?

The amount of forces Ukraine lost in bombardments and airstrikes is astounding. That is something only a few members here were saying but it being ignored.

GarryB, Firebird, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, Rodion_Romanovic, BliTTzZ and like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:22 pm

ALAMO wrote:
    calripson wrote:The level of incompetence and myopia needed to reach this point is mind boggling. This trap was decades in the making and engineered quite cleverly and was as obvious as could be. Then again, you are talking about a leader who gives eulogies to Gorbachev who started this whole disintegration process, offers condolences to the Queen of the country leading the proxy war, and who refuses to call a war a war. The only thing the matches his incompetence is his callousness and cynicism to ask men to sacrifice their lives for such ill-conceived endeavor.

Crimea river Laughing Laughing Laughing

Now that is funny!!!!!!!!!!! thumbsup
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:25 pm

flamming_python wrote:Arkhangelsk, limb, billybalts91, Azi, caveat emptor, Regular, PhSt, thegopnik, zorobabel...

Remarkable. I think by day 3, over half the regular posters of the Ukraine thread are infected, and busy spitting out Ukrainian war propaganda, in an attempt to infect others
    A couple others here are experiencing early symptoms. Yet others have gone quiet, probably thrashing around in a fever as the infection consumes them

The Ukros have come up with a remarkable psychological pathogen, the effect of which is considerably greater than anything happening on the ground.

To preserve my sanity I will go dark for a while.
    This is not for me. I don’t doom that much just absolutely disappointed, I already got burned by Kiev offensive narrative
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:25 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Isos wrote:Biggest looser of the war is the su-34. Junk aircraft. Su-35 was successful when used but can't be used for close support. Su-25/ka-52/mi-28 used as MLRS system.

Care to tell me why its junk?

Do you have statistics on the amount of sorties it has performed, successful strikes vs failed ones, etc...?

It's not even used. It was designed to hit behind the lines but can't survive soviet AD systems that russians should know how to jam (its huge rcs don't help even with good jamming anyway). Su-30 got downed easily too which stopped all RuAF behind enemy lines.

In an airspace protected by rafale and typhoon with meteor and f-35s with aim120D it has no value.

Russian AD is also getting destroyed and isn't bulletproof as they advize it for years, even if it is quite capable.

Himars driving during day on the front undetected. Lack of reccon hardware critical.

That's what happen when you believe in your own propaganda.

Sukhoi will loose many clients. They will have to start selling su-57 and su-75 very fast to keep them. Flankers are outdated.

Azi, Arkanghelsk and Arsenic like this post

Big_Gazza and BliTTzZ dislike this post

par far

Post  par far Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:26 pm

flamming_python wrote:Arkhangelsk, limb, billybalts91, Azi, caveat emptor, Regular, PhSt, thegopnik, zorobabel...

When things go wrong, these posters show up  but when things are going right, these posters stay shut, that should tell you everything.

This was a big **** up in Kharkov but once the reinforcements arrive, the situation will stabilize.

We will have all the internet armchair generals telling us that Russia is finished, Russian aircraft are junk, Russian military is no good and all of other things. When these internet armchair generals never even fired a gun in their life.

Yes the Kharkov front suffered a setback but the on the other fronts, allied forces are advancing.

The Kharkov needs to get reinforced and they hit back hard.

In the meantime the western propaganda machine will go into overdrive and the west will send more money and weapons and most of that will be stolen.

Last edited by par far on Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, BliTTzZ, Mir and Broski like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:26 pm

Regular wrote:
    From limited video evidence so far it looks like Ukrainians are loosing more equipment, that’s for sure. Attrition should be terrible for western equipment that can’t even be serviced/repaired in the field or even in the rear.
    Influx of wounded even to Kiev doesn’t look good as well.
    That’s all we know.
    Who do you think in UA forces are taking the brunt of casualties?

That is all you need to know, and all that is relevant.
    A half a year hardware supply, they have managed to junk half of it in a few days.
    And there is nowhere to take more of it!
    Lost some 10k KIA, to reconquest a territory Russkie will get back any moment they will find it needed.
    Pull out the garrisons from strengthened areas and cover, putting them under constant fire of the Russkie artillery and aviation.
    Have not inflicted any serious damage to either man or equipment of the Russian army.
    To gain some territory manned by a few hundreds of covering forces, and make some good pics for a twitter war.
    That sounds a brilliant plan to me!

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, Rodion_Romanovic, BliTTzZ, Hole and like this post

Azi

Post  Azi Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:27 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 28 FcTRNRyWYAQ0EWh?format=jpg&name=large

Kharkov will be complete abandoned! In a few days ukrainian troops will reach the border of Russia. Ukraine has reached Veliki Burluk. The map is from the well known pro ukrainian fascist propagandist Rybar.

billybatts91 likes this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:27 pm

I'm sure Putin is sad about all this, while he wipes his tears with stolen money, resting in his lavish mansion dressed in his bathrobe.

Werewolf and BliTTzZ dislike this post

ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:28 pm

The sheepherders going all out to keep the sheep in line. Fucking idiots, with that brain size you can't keep even yourself in the pen. lol1
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:30 pm

billybatts91 wrote:

I'm sure Putin is sad about all this, while he wipes his tears with stolen money, resting in his lavish mansion dressed in his bathrobe.

Now this is evidence here this poster isn't exactly what he claims he is. Using what was proven to be fake "mansion" and "stolen money" means he was a 5th columnist to begin with.

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, BliTTzZ, Hole and Broski like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:31 pm

Azi wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 28 FcTRNRyWYAQ0EWh?format=jpg&name=large

Kharkov will be complete abandoned! In a few days ukrainian troops will reach the border of Russia. Ukraine has reached Veliki Burluk. The map is from the well known pro ukrainian fascist propagandist Rybar.

You said Kharkov was already lost. Changing goalposts already?

BTW, in July the Ukrainians were at russias borders in Kharkov.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, BliTTzZ, Hole and Broski like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:34 pm

Isos wrote:
    It's not even used. It was designed to hit behind the lines but can't survive soviet AD systems that russians should know how to jam (its huge rcs don't help even with good jamming anyway). Su-30 got downed easily too which stopped all RuAF behind enemy lines.

What makes you think it's not being used?

It was used plenty of times early in the war in deep strikes, where it suffered 2-3 downed units

We haven't heard much about it until the failed Ukrainian Kherson counter-offensive when it was used to decimate them, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been used

In an airspace protected by rafale and typhoon with meteor and f-35s with aim120D it has no value.

Then no tactical bomber does.

In fact it's a very versatile aircraft that can be equipped as a bomb truck as in Syria, to attack ground targets and infrastructure with A2G missiles as in this war, as an EW aircraft like in Georgia, as a recon platform, and can even join air patrol and air superiority missions as it is ultimately a Su-27 and can be equipped with A2A missiles.

Russian AD is also getting destroyed and isn't bulletproof as they advize it for years, even if it is quite capable.

What Russian AD is getting destroyed? AFAIK the Ukrainians have taken out a few Russian S-300 vehicles a few months back. Although there is speculation those were decoys

Himars driving during day on the front undetected. Lack of reccon hardware critical.

Do you know how big the territory we're talking about is?

That's what happen when you believe in your own propaganda.

That's what happens when you believe in the enemy's and fall for their tricks

For all you know those HIMARS could have been driven around in Lvov region. Although with the expanse of the land there would be plenty opportunity for them to hide them and move them around even in the Donbass if they were smart about it. Even during daytime, it's impossible to have a real-time map of all enemy formations and vehicles. That happens only in video games.

Sukhoi will loose many clients. They will have to start selling su-57 and su-75 very fast to keep them. Flankers are outdated.

Indonesia is already talking about confirming its order for Su-35s. I think these things will sell great.

sepheronx, GarryB, Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:36 pm

Are you guys seeing MOD Telegram?

A revolt is taking place in Russia

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 28 Scree110
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 28 Scree111
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 28 Scree109

Russians are rejecting Z channels, MOD updates that are trying to brush it aside

Over 10k dislikes on all MOD posts

The Putin government is under fire and is in danger of complete loss of confidence- people in Russia are organizing protests

Last edited by Arkanghelsk on Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Azi, thegopnik and billybatts91 like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:05 pm