Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+73
psg
mnrck
0nillie0
PhSt
dionis
andalusia
walle83
Krepost
Stealthflanker
Kiko
marcellogo
Walther von Oldenburg
Firebird
Dr.Snufflebug
RTN
d_taddei2
GunshipDemocracy
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Werewolf
franco
ludovicense
Broski
bandit6
Erk
mnztr
nomadski
Airbornewolf
billybatts91
sundoesntrise
kvs
sepheronx
ATLASCUB
owais.usmani
Regular
Big_Gazza
MMBR
Scorpius
Serberus
Hinex1988
Tolstoy
lyle6
flamming_python
ALAMO
thegopnik
lancelot
ucmvulcan
SeigSoloyvov
Belisarius
TMA1
calripson
VARGR198
11E
JohninMK
Mir
diabetus
Singular_Transform
limb
Ned86
Isos
Sprut-B
ArgentinaGuard
Sujoy
caveat emptor
Arkanghelsk
Backman
PapaDragon
Vann7
Ispan
GarryB
LMFS
Podlodka77
Hole
Arrow
77 posters

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

    Hole
    Hole


    Posts : 8024
    Points : 8012
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 46
    Location : Scholzistan

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

    Post  Hole Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:58 pm

    Isos wrote:
    owais.usmani wrote:

    Shocked

    Since they don't have a 100% reliabity like any product, if you fire 100 of them you will get some fails. This one is clearly one.

    There´s more then one target in 404. Why should a ship always fire all her missiles in the same direction?

    GarryB, Werewolf, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, lancelot and like this post

    Hole
    Hole


    Posts : 8024
    Points : 8012
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 46
    Location : Scholzistan

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

    Post  Hole Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:03 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:...Russian Defense Ministry: Russian Armed Forces purposefully did not open fire on the retreating forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine near Svyatogorsk

    https://n.tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/14836551

    Who the f*ck authorized this and when is he getting court martialed?

    Wars are lost because of shit like this

    Every single KIA on the Russian side in that region going forward is now on Russians and every single corpse that drops had it coming








    I´m proud of the russian servicemen not to open fire at defenceless enemies. This would be similar like shooting a wounded or drowning a sailor after his ship was sunk. Had they done it they would be at the same level as the Nazis they´re fighting.

    To be clear: If this guys grab weapons and return to some trench behind the river, they will be killed by artillery.

    GarryB, kvs, JohninMK, MMBR and Mir like this post

    PapaDragon, owais.usmani and Broski dislike this post

    Mir
    Mir


    Posts : 2411
    Points : 2415
    Join date : 2021-06-10

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

    Post  Mir Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:05 pm

    diabetus wrote:

    ok remind me which T-62M has a pretty modern FCS and at least thermal optics for the gunner?

    as an example - the Ukrainians offered a number of AG mods for various tanks for export >>
    These include several T-55 AGM variants that came with 120mm-125mm main guns - all with thermal optics and could all fire ATGM's.
    The T-62 came in even more variants - from the basic AG to the more advanced AGM's that were also armed with 120mm-125mm main guns - all with thermal sights and again being missile firing tanks.
    Hole
    Hole


    Posts : 8024
    Points : 8012
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 46
    Location : Scholzistan

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

    Post  Hole Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:07 pm

    caveat emptor wrote:
    Regular wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:Fighterbomber tg channel:
    https://t.me/fighter_bomber/7504?single
    I'm glad that people can and are willing to help. But something needs to be fixed in MoD acquisition department.

    Thanks for sharing, that's some good stuff. Russians going above and beyond to help their guys. But this should be a wake-up call. Procurement has to change. Local companies need contracts to survive, especially now.
    It's all about priorities. That POS Admiral Kuznetsov, eats in a single year, much more than everything people donated, with little to show for in last decade.

    Nothing has to change. Do you guys really think there are no weapon lifts at russian air bases or that they need some tablets or phones? The civilian population wants do to their part and sends stuff and the military is appreciating it. I´m pretty sure there are also food donations or people lining up to cook meals or wash dishes but this doesn´t mean that there are not enough military cooks available.

    sepheronx, GarryB, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, MMBR, Sprut-B, Broski and Belisarius like this post

    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB


    Posts : 1161
    Points : 1171
    Join date : 2017-02-13

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

    Post  ATLASCUB Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:09 pm

    "Nothing has to change" lol1 lol1 yes sir

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 Drone

    Damage control artists never fail to disappoint. Although I do sympathize, it's their job after all. When you have to type that sort of garbage day in, day out... Jesus!

    A disgrace and national embarrassment is "totally normal" lol1


    Last edited by ATLASCUB on Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
    avatar
    Arrow


    Posts : 1759
    Points : 1753
    Join date : 2012-02-12

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

    Post  Arrow Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:10 pm

    Putin agreed to the Odessa corridor of Ukrainian grain ships.

    owais.usmani dislikes this post

    Isos
    Isos


    Posts : 10270
    Points : 10256
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

    Post  Isos Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:13 pm

    Mir wrote:
    Isos wrote:

    Turkey upgraded them with 120mm guns if I remember correctly and with modern optics and fire computers.

    Yes that is basically the Israeli "Sabra" tank known in Turkey as the M-60T.
    Obviously all the T-62 mods offered for export have received similar upgrades >>

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 T62am-10

    None was sold I think contrary to turkish Sabra variant which was bought in huge quantity.

    120/125mm has also some disadvantages. In many situation it isn't needed and its shells are bigger than smaller guns. Smaller shells are safer for the crew if they don't carry max load. Most vehicles on the battlfield can be dealt with even 90mm guns or even smaller. New FCS allow longer range for smaller guns.

    They should try a unmanned turret with only two crew for an upgraded t-62.

    flamming_python and JohninMK like this post

    avatar
    Regular


    Posts : 3383
    Points : 3363
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Fuck war

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

    Post  Regular Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:15 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Why didn't morons at VKS purchase them decades ago?

    According to the posts, they had manual trolleys mostly. Russian army uses Ant 3000 (plenty of other domestic or Chinese manufacturers), but they are also too bulky for this usage and not enough provided and it's not just the bombs that need transporting as I thought. They say it makes life for the maintenance crew so much easier. No point to work like you are on aircraft carrier.
    Isos
    Isos


    Posts : 10270
    Points : 10256
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

    Post  Isos Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:24 pm

    Hole wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    owais.usmani wrote:[youtub[/youtube]

    Shocked

    Since they don't have a 100% reliabity like any product, if you fire 100 of them you will get some fails. This one is clearly one.

    There´s more then one target in 404. Why should a ship always fire all her missiles in the same direction?

    No but from the sea Ukraine is on the north. So firing in two opposite direction is unlikely to happen. If the first missiles were fired toward Ukrine then the last one was fired at the sea toward Turkey or Georgia.

    There is no position where they would launch missiles in opposite directions.

    So I'm pretty sure it's a fail. Which is normal. They fired more than 100 kalibr and its fail rate isn't 0 so if it is 1 or 2% then if you launch 100 missiles you will get or 1 or 2 fails.

    owais.usmani likes this post

    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB


    Posts : 1161
    Points : 1171
    Join date : 2017-02-13

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

    Post  ATLASCUB Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:26 pm

    Arrow wrote:Putin agreed to the Odessa corridor of Ukrainian grain ships.

    All we need now is for the Donbass to be liberated and then bask in the glorious political solution. Looking forward to the marvelous spin.

    Surprise commitments changes for full regime change and a Kiev takeover continue to diminish, unfortunately.


    Last edited by ATLASCUB on Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

    owais.usmani likes this post

    avatar
    calripson


    Posts : 728
    Points : 789
    Join date : 2013-10-26

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 Empty Now How Americans Fight Wars

    Post  calripson Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:28 pm

    Hole wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:...Russian Defense Ministry: Russian Armed Forces purposefully did not open fire on the retreating forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine near Svyatogorsk

    https://n.tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/14836551

    Who the f*ck authorized this and when is he getting court martialed?

    Wars are lost because of shit like this

    Every single KIA on the Russian side in that region going forward is now on Russians and every single corpse that drops had it coming








    I´m proud of the russian servicemen not to open fire at defenceless enemies. This would be similar like shooting a wounded or drowning a sailor after his ship was sunk. Had they done it they would be at the same level as the Nazis they´re fighting.

    To be clear: If this guys grab weapons and return to some trench behind the river, they will be killed by artillery.

    Not how NATO, Israel, UK, or America fights wars and not how you win wars either.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highway_of_Death
    Does it show charity or a complete contempt for the value of your own soldiers lives? Those retreating soldiers are not surrendering; they are living to fight (and kill) another day.

    Hannibal Barca, owais.usmani, lancelot and Broski like this post

    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor


    Posts : 1287
    Points : 1289
    Join date : 2022-02-02
    Location : Murrica

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

    Post  caveat emptor Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:33 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Last 3 decades

    It's a fuckin tragedy that it didn't sink instead of Moskva, that one was getting the torch anyway but rusted bathtub will be eating the funds for decades to come with jack shit to show for

    And forklifts? Those had to be donated?

    Why didn't morons at VKS purchase them decades ago?
    Yes, both forklifts were bought with donated money.
    When you think about it, that ship ate billions.
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor


    Posts : 1287
    Points : 1289
    Join date : 2022-02-02
    Location : Murrica

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

    Post  caveat emptor Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:43 pm

    Hole wrote:
    Nothing has to change. Do you guys really think there are no weapon lifts at russian air bases or that they need some tablets or phones? The civilian population wants do to their part and sends stuff and the military is appreciating it. I´m pretty sure there are also food donations or people lining up to cook meals or wash dishes but this doesn´t mean that there are not enough military cooks available.

    These things are bought specifically per request. Scroll through the Fighterbomber tg timeline and you'll see. I doubt that some random civilians would buy forklift of all things, just for the heck of it. Laser rangefinders and night vision devices are bought for forward observers.

    Backman dislikes this post

    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk


    Posts : 2575
    Points : 2577
    Join date : 2021-12-08

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

    Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:52 pm

    The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation have created the necessary conditions for the functioning of two maritime humanitarian corridors, which are safe lanes for the movement of ships:

    🔹 in the Black Sea (daily from 08:00 to 19:00 (Moscow time) – to exit the ports of Kherson, Nikolaev, Chernomorsk, Ochakov, Odessa and Yuzhny in a south-westerly direction from the territorial sea of Ukraine with a length of 139 miles and a width of 3 miles;

    🔹 in the Sea of Azov (around the clock) – to exit the port of Mariupol with a length of 115 miles and a width of 2 miles in the direction of the Black Sea. Detailed information on the functioning of the maritime humanitarian corridors is transmitted daily every 15 minutes via VHF radio on 14 and 16 international channels in English and Russian. The Kiev authorities continue to avoid in every possible way interaction with representatives of foreign states and ship-owning companies in resolving the issue of ensuring the safe exit of blocked vessels to the collection area. At the same time, there remains a danger to navigation and damage to the port infrastructure from the drift of Ukrainian mines torn from their anchors along the coast of the Black Sea states. The Russian Federation is taking a full range of measures to ensure the safety of civil navigation in the waters of the Black and Azov Seas.

    📄 Full text of the statement of the Interdepartmental Coordination Headquarters for Humanitarian Response #Ministry of Defense #Russia #Ukraine @mod_russia


    Last edited by Arkanghelsk on Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

    GarryB, kvs, JohninMK, Hole, Mir and Belisarius like this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 12657
    Points : 12715
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

    Post  PapaDragon Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:52 pm

    Podlodka77 wrote:The only thing that is valuable to the Russians in the shithole called Kiev is Kievo Pecherskaya Lavra.
    Russia is not carrying out heavy strikes on Kiev so far, but I can give you one reason why Russia could level it to the ground. If it occurs to anyone in Kiev to destroy the Kievo-Pecherskaya Lavra, then Russia will level Kiev to the ground.
    God forbid that it occurs to anyone in Ukroshitstan, the Russians will plow Kiev.
    Remember these words of mine, because what you see in the picture is a great shrine of the Russian Orthodox Church! If the Nazis think of damaging it, Kiev will no longer exist.

    ....

    Bitch please, do you really think anyone gives a shit about some dilapidated building?

    Nobody is plowing Kiev


    owais.usmani likes this post

    Backman
    Backman


    Posts : 1843
    Points : 1851
    Join date : 2020-11-11

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

    Post  Backman Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:53 pm

    caveat emptor wrote:
    Hole wrote:
    Nothing has to change. Do you guys really think there are no weapon lifts at russian air bases or that they need some tablets or phones? The civilian population wants do to their part and sends stuff and the military is appreciating it. I´m pretty sure there are also food donations or people lining up to cook meals or wash dishes but this doesn´t mean that there are not enough military cooks available.

    These things are bought specifically per request. Scroll through the Fighterbomber tg timeline and you'll see. I doubt that some random civilians would buy forklift of all things, just for the heck of it. Laser rangefinders and night vision devices are bought for forward observers.

    You're really pushing this narrative aren't you. That the Russian military is running on donations.

    sepheronx, GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy and like this post

    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk


    Posts : 2575
    Points : 2577
    Join date : 2021-12-08

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

    Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:55 pm

    With the normalization of shipping, it's doubtful that Odessa will be attacked

    More likely the donbass is the limit of the Special Military Operation

    Normal shipping means that we assume the resumption of commercial activity in the Black Sea

    It means normalization of trade and shipping norms in the area

    MMBR likes this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 12657
    Points : 12715
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

    Post  PapaDragon Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:56 pm

    Hole wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:...Russian Defense Ministry: Russian Armed Forces purposefully did not open fire on the retreating forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine near Svyatogorsk
    https://n.tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/14836551
    Who the f*ck authorized this and when is he getting court martialed?
    Wars are lost because of shit like this
    Every single KIA on the Russian side in that region going forward is now on Russians and every single corpse that drops had it coming...

    I´m proud of the russian servicemen not to open fire at defenceless enemies. This would be similar like shooting a wounded or drowning a sailor after his ship was sunk. Had they done it they would be at the same level as the Nazis they´re fighting.

    To be clear: If this guys grab weapons and return to some trench behind the river, they will be killed by artillery.

    This isn't Naval warfare (and Russian sailors would definitely get shot while drowning)

    Russians will pay for all this pussyfooting in blood and it will be their own fault, dead people who intentionally kill themselves have nothing to be proud of

    Good Lord Darwin has no patience for morons







    owais.usmani and Broski like this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 12657
    Points : 12715
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

    Post  PapaDragon Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:57 pm

    Arrow wrote:Putin agreed to the Odessa corridor of Ukrainian grain ships.

    Bitch

    Arrow, GunshipDemocracy, MMBR and owais.usmani like this post

    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB


    Posts : 1161
    Points : 1171
    Join date : 2017-02-13

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

    Post  ATLASCUB Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:59 pm

    The Special Operation is partially running on donations. An individual could give a break for foodstuff and textiles but also for military off-the-shelf equipment too? Fvck out here.

    Get mad if you want, throw a hissy fit in rage if you want, it's the reality. It looks bad because it's bad. Suck it up pussy. Instead of being upset at those bringing it to light and bringing visibility to it the fanboys should really be mad at the 50, 60, 70 year olds in charge of this operation and Russia's military planning and procurement process (just the start really, the buck stops, always, with the commander in chief - aka dear leader).

    Ispan likes this post

    Big_Gazza dislikes this post

    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk


    Posts : 2575
    Points : 2577
    Join date : 2021-12-08

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

    Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:10 pm

    ATLASCUB wrote:The Special Operation is partially running on donations. An individual could give a break for foodstuff and textiles but also for military off-the-shelf equipment too? Fvck out here.

    Get mad if you want, throw a hissy fit in rage if you want, it's the reality. It looks bad because it's bad. Suck it up pussy. Instead of being upset at those bringing it to light and bringing visibility to it the fanboys should really be mad at the 50, 60, 70 year olds in charge of this operation and Russia's military planning and procurement process (just the start really, the buck stops, always, with the commander in chief - aka dear leader).

    Yeah, you make good points

    That's why most Russians were in rage the first weeks and months of SMO

    Look, we know well, and Russians know it

    That the leadership is not the best, in fact most Russians didn't think Putin shits Gold

    - what Russians tacitly agree on however,

    Is that there is no other alternative

    That's how fucked the country was and still is in many ways

    Who do you replace the current leadership with?

    Fucking navalny? We barely got the oligarchs out

    Grudinin and the KPRF clowns are at best the ones who fucking dissolved the Union and gave away the geopolitical and economic system of Russia , for FREE

    So no to KPRF

    The LDPR? I like them personally but still its fringe

    Liberasts? No fucking way

    And then you get to the truth of the matter, United Russia, and Putin

    Look if you think America has a boomer problem, Russia has an even bigger one

    The amount of old fucks who are naive soviet byproducts are the main voters of United Russia along with the Middle aged cohort

    The overwhelming majority are these old fucks that want their pensions, and way of life, and middle aged people that want stability

    So the social contract, is no extreme changes for the sake of having a normal day, and it's gone on for 20 + years and most of these middle aged people, are not gonna risk it , because there IS NO other option

    Russia is fucked in many ways, and hopefully it can change

    But we are stuck with what we have, and I won't change it for Grudinin or God forbid a color revolt led by liberasts

    Ispan, MMBR, owais.usmani and Broski like this post

    Backman dislikes this post

    sepheronx
    sepheronx


    Posts : 7876
    Points : 8142
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 33
    Location : Canada

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

    Post  sepheronx Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:17 pm

    Backman wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:
    Hole wrote:
    Nothing has to change. Do you guys really think there are no weapon lifts at russian air bases or that they need some tablets or phones? The civilian population wants do to their part and sends stuff and the military is appreciating it. I´m pretty sure there are also food donations or people lining up to cook meals or wash dishes but this doesn´t mean that there are not enough military cooks available.

    These things are bought specifically per request. Scroll through the Fighterbomber tg timeline and you'll see. I doubt that some random civilians would buy forklift of all things, just for the heck of it. Laser rangefinders and night vision devices are bought for forward observers.

    You're really pushing this narrative aren't you. That the Russian military is running on donations.

    People overexaggerate. I'm seeing it here, telegram and what not. Russia did fine in start with no donations. Just people helping in some things that may take longer than needed because politics.

    Anyway, don't worry about it. Those number of items are very small so maybe some were needed.

    GarryB, flamming_python, Mir and Belisarius like this post

    Isos
    Isos


    Posts : 10270
    Points : 10256
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

    Post  Isos Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:31 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Arrow wrote:Putin agreed to the Odessa corridor of Ukrainian grain ships.

    Bitch

    Any reliable source because I saw that nowhere but here from Arrow's mouth.

    If it happens they will ask to pay for the grains to Donbass in rubles Very Happy .

    GarryB, GunshipDemocracy and MMBR like this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 7800
    Points : 7876
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

    Post  flamming_python Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:34 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:...Russian Defense Ministry: Russian Armed Forces purposefully did not open fire on the retreating forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine near Svyatogorsk

    https://n.tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/14836551

    Who the f*ck authorized this and when is he getting court martialed?

    Wars are lost because of shit like this

    Every single KIA on the Russian side in that region going forward is now on Russians and every single corpse that drops had it coming


    No it's just mercy being applied in a sort of grey area

    Troops that are retreating and unarmed are often left alone in any conflict. You don't have to. It's not against the Geneva conventions to open fire on a retreating enemy even if they are not returning fire or are unable to. But it is something that you can see observed depending on the conflict.
    In WW2 you saw this with tank crews bailing from tanks not being shot and being allowed to flee.. even if it meant that they would man another tank another day. Most likely more on the Western front than the Eastern.
    Or in the same WW2 - parachuting pilots; even if bailing above their own territory, the unvoiced law was that a pilot should not be touched when he has ejected - and it was observed by pretty much every side save the Japanese. There was actually some big debate about this in Britain at the time as I recall, about whether it was acceptable to kill an ejected pilot if he has parachuted out over friendly to him territory, but the consensus was that it wasn't. Granted in that case the pilot has no ability to surrender anyway, he is simply helpless.

    On the other hand paratroopers that are being dropped in somewhere are always engaged and this is accepted. Although they are indeed effectively unarmed during their approach, they are not in retreat, but are being deployed and will open fire, pursue their objectives once they hit the ground.


    Last edited by flamming_python on Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

    GarryB, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK, MMBR, Sprut-B, 11E and Belisarius like this post

    PapaDragon dislikes this post

    Hole
    Hole


    Posts : 8024
    Points : 8012
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 46
    Location : Scholzistan

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

    Post  Hole Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:47 pm

    Isos wrote:
    Hole wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    owais.usmani wrote:[youtub[/youtube]

    Shocked

    Since they don't have a 100% reliabity like any product, if you fire 100 of them you will get some fails. This one is clearly one.

    There´s more then one target in 404. Why should a ship always fire all her missiles in the same direction?

    No but from the sea Ukraine is on the north. So firing in two opposite direction is unlikely to happen. If the first missiles were fired toward Ukrine then the last one was fired at the sea toward Turkey or Georgia.

    There is no position where they would launch missiles in opposite directions.

    So I'm pretty sure it's a fail. Which is normal. They fired more than 100 kalibr and its fail rate isn't 0 so if it is 1 or 2% then if you launch 100 missiles you will get or 1 or 2 fails.

    Opposite direction? The first missiles are flying to the north-east, the last one to the north-west.

    GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK and Belisarius like this post


    Sponsored content


    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:07 pm