Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+73
psg
mnrck
0nillie0
PhSt
dionis
andalusia
walle83
Krepost
Stealthflanker
Kiko
marcellogo
Walther von Oldenburg
Firebird
Dr.Snufflebug
RTN
d_taddei2
GunshipDemocracy
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Werewolf
franco
ludovicense
Broski
bandit6
Erk
mnztr
nomadski
Airbornewolf
billybatts91
sundoesntrise
kvs
sepheronx
ATLASCUB
owais.usmani
Regular
Big_Gazza
MMBR
Scorpius
Serberus
Hinex1988
Tolstoy
lyle6
flamming_python
ALAMO
thegopnik
lancelot
ucmvulcan
SeigSoloyvov
Belisarius
TMA1
calripson
VARGR198
11E
JohninMK
Mir
diabetus
Singular_Transform
limb
Ned86
Isos
Sprut-B
ArgentinaGuard
Sujoy
caveat emptor
Arkanghelsk
Backman
PapaDragon
Vann7
Ispan
GarryB
LMFS
Podlodka77
Hole
Arrow
77 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

Backman
    Backman

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 5 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

Post  Backman Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:34 pm

Tolstoy wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:Cl

finally some tv camera weapons usage . Smile

something.
    Why do they need to do more of this? Su-57 is not needed. Russian UAVs have destroyed similar factories a few dozen times.

The airforce and bureaucracy likes testing their new toy. They did so in Syria and have probably done a few sorties in Ukraine for review.

Why not. Now they can say that the su 57 has seen combat duty in 2 wars.

GunshipDemocracy, Ned86, Sprut-B, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Regular
    Regular

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 5 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18

Post  Regular Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:36 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    Did you all hear about Nth Macedonia, Bulgaria and montenegro closed airspace therefore making it impossible for Lavrov to visit Serbia, so he had to cancel it? (apologies if i am behind the times with the news)

Either that or they don't get subventions from the european central banks to sustain their economy. I doubt it's their choice.

It also answers folks questions about why Serbia is doing it's own thing and isn't in a rush to officially sign up with Russia or buy too much weapons from them: when even fuckin Bulgaria can make Russia her bitch any time they feel like it what can anyone expect to get from siding with Russia?

And this is nowhere near the first time it happened

I can see that now. You guys need access to the sea.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:43 pm

Regular wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    Did you all hear about Nth Macedonia, Bulgaria and montenegro closed airspace therefore making it impossible for Lavrov to visit Serbia, so he had to cancel it? (apologies if i am behind the times with the news)

Either that or they don't get subventions from the european central banks to sustain their economy. I doubt it's their choice.

It also answers folks questions about why Serbia is doing it's own thing and isn't in a rush to officially sign up with Russia or buy too much weapons from them: when even fuckin Bulgaria can make Russia her bitch any time they feel like it what can anyone expect to get from siding with Russia?

I can see that now. You guys need access to the sea.

We had it

Russians still pussied out

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:58 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Isos wrote:

Well it's the serbian geography that allows this. Russia can't go at war with countries that close their airspce to them or that choose to be US whores.

Serbia isn't all 100% for Russia. They also have accepted german companies in mass so now they are also subject to Washington wishes.

GarryB, Werewolf, MMBR, Hole and Broski like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:30 am

Serberus wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:

Remember they are at Avdeyevka,

All the storms going on are occurring further north

But near Avdeyevka, Ukrainians are within artillery range to the city

Thats where they need to hit hard

As if the last 8 years haven’t been bad enough … Its been 3 fucking months since the Russians arrived, I get the Nazis are dug in at Avdeevka but they still gotta come out to launch grads and artillery ….this is pure bs, RU forces need to carpet bomb that whole area and launch a major offensive or they shouldn’t have come at all, Donets has been absolutely slammed the last 3 days and the Nazis wont stop until they are stopped. YTF is Severodonetsk or Liman a bigger priority than this.

First off these arty attacks on Donest are merely diversions they are purposefully doing this hoping the russians refocus forces to stop it. as that would require a redeployment of troops thus taking the heat off Ukraine, the russians current and more strategically important objective

War requires old blooded calculation sometimes you need to make unfavorable choices to meet a better strategic objective, russians lack the forces to commence an attack there and in the area they are now.

This is a direct consequence of the lack of available troops, you "experts" said the current level of russian troops is enough but cry when reality shows you it isn't.

Amusing really, Civis always amuse me.

So no, Russia should not redploy their troops, Donest is going to be shelled and it should for the bigger picture

GarryB and Werewolf like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:33 am

Backman wrote:
    Tolstoy wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:Cl

finally some tv camera weapons usage . Smile

something.
    Why do they need to do more of this? Su-57 is not needed. Russian UAVs have destroyed similar factories a few dozen times.

The airforce and bureaucracy likes testing their new toy. They did so in Syria and have probably done a few sorties in Ukraine for review.

Why not. Now they can say that the su 57 has seen combat duty in 2 wars.

I would hardly consider Syria a selling point not like ISIS had real Air Defense Systems to speak off and radars
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:45 am

Syria was a good demonstration that their stuff work in a desertic environment.

It was a good testing ground to show arab countries they have good weapons for them even if the area was not contested by the enemy.

GarryB and GunshipDemocracy like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:49 am

TASS

The Ministry of Defense reported that the Russian Armed Forces are completing the liberation of Svyatogorsk in the DPR

MOSCOW, 6 June. /TASS/. The Russian armed forces are completing the liberation of Svyatogorsk of the Donetsk People's Republic and the area around it. This was announced on Monday by the official representative of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, Major General Igor Konashenkov.

"The Russian armed forces are completing the liberation of the city of Svyatogorsk of the Donetsk People's Republic and the surrounding area," Konashenkov said.

According to a spokesman for the Russian Defense Ministry, Ukrainian nationalist formations blew up a bridge across the Seversky Donets River today to prevent the retreat of Ukrainian troops. "Under the onslaught of Russian units, cut off from the main forces and supplies due to the blowing of the bridge, the remnants of the battalions of the 95th Airborne Assault Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and the 81st Separate Airborne Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine abandoned military equipment along with weapons and dispersed along the coast," he added. , specifying that up to 80 Ukrainian servicemen swam across the river, while the Russian military did not open fire on them

Russian Defense Ministry: Ukrainian nationalists blew up the bridge across the Seversky Donets in Svyatogorsk

https://n.tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/14836551

Russian Defense Ministry: Russian Armed Forces purposefully did not open fire on the retreating forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine near Svyatogorsk

kvs, GunshipDemocracy, nomadski, Hole, Mir and Broski like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:58 am

Podlodka77 wrote:...Russian Defense Ministry: Russian Armed Forces purposefully did not open fire on the retreating forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine near Svyatogorsk

Who the f*ck authorized this and when is he getting court martialed?

Wars are lost because of shit like this

Every single KIA on the Russian side in that region going forward is now on Russians and every single corpse that drops had it coming

GarryB, Werewolf, MMBR, owais.usmani, Broski, Urluber and Serberus like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:38 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:...Russian Defense Ministry: Russian Armed Forces purposefully did not open fire on the retreating forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine near Svyatogorsk

Every single KIA on the Russian side in that region going forward is now on Russians and every single corpse that drops had it coming

Lawls, I can't even mock that its just to sad
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:38 am

PapaDragon wrote:

Conspiracy theories floating on Russian TG groups that Ukrainians have an agreement. Believe it as you will. I don't see why the Russian military wouldn't want to create a highway of death for them, they did strafe Georgian troops on their rout to Tbilisi to great effect. It broke them.

GarryB, MMBR, Sprut-B, Broski and bitch_killer like this post

owais.usmani

Post  owais.usmani Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:17 am

Shocked
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:17 am

PapaDragon wrote:

And Konashenkov comments like it is a good thing. Let territorials go, because they are nothing more than cannon fodder, but destroy paratroopers. I'm speechless.
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:24 am

Fighterbomber tg channel:
    https://t.me/fighter_bomber/7504?single
    I'm glad that people can and are willing to help. But something needs to be fixed in MoD acquisition department.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 5 Img_2011Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 5 Img_2013Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 5 Img_2012

Regular, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Belisarius like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:24 am

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 5 Img_2015Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 5 Img_2014Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 5 Img_2016

Werewolf, Regular, Airbornewolf, Sprut-B, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Belisarius like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:29 am

owais.usmani wrote:

Shocked

Since they don't have a 100% reliabity like any product, if you fire 100 of them you will get some fails. This one is clearly one.

11E likes this post

Big_Gazza and kvs dislike this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:30 am

caveat emptor wrote:Fighterbomber tg channel:
    I'm glad that people can and are willing to help. But something needs to be fixed in MoD acquisition department.

Thanks for sharing, that's some good stuff. I also use Makita and prefer it to anything else. They even donated forklifts??? Russians going above and beyond to help their guys. But this should be a wake-up call. Procurement has to change. Local companies need contracts to survive, especially now.

I hope after this it will change.

JohninMK, Sprut-B, lancelot, Broski, Arkanghelsk and caveat emptor like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:35 am

Regular wrote:

Thanks for sharing, that's some good stuff. Russians going above and beyond to help their guys. But this should be a wake-up call. Procurement has to change. Local companies need contracts to survive, especially now.
    It's all about priorities. That POS Admiral Kuznetsov, eats in a single year, much more than everything people donated, with little to show for in last decade.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:49 am

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:29 am

PapaDragon wrote:

There is one reason, probably, and that is the Svyatogorsk Lavra.

bitch_killer likes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:45 am

caveat emptor wrote:
    Regular wrote:

Thanks for sharing, that's some good stuff. Russians going above and beyond to help their guys. But this should be a wake-up call. Procurement has to change. Local companies need contracts to survive, especially now.
    It's all about priorities. That POS Admiral Kuznetsov, eats in a single year, much more than everything people donated, with little to show for in last decade.

Last 3 decades

It's a fuckin tragedy that it didn't sink instead of Moskva, that one was getting the torch anyway but rusted bathtub will be eating the funds for decades to come with jack shit to show for

And forklifts? Those had to be donated?

Why didn't morons at VKS purchase them decades ago?

MMBR likes this post

Big_Gazza dislikes this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:48 am

The only thing that is valuable to the Russians in the shithole called Kiev is Kievo Pecherskaya Lavra.
    Russia is not carrying out heavy strikes on Kiev so far, but I can give you one reason why Russia could level it to the ground. If it occurs to anyone in Kiev to destroy the Kievo-Pecherskaya Lavra, then Russia will level Kiev to the ground.
    God forbid that it occurs to anyone in Ukroshitstan, the Russians will plow Kiev.
    Remember these words of mine, because what you see in the picture is a great shrine of the Russian Orthodox Church! If the Nazis think of damaging it, Kiev will no longer exist.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 5 A10

Last edited by Podlodka77 on Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK, Sprut-B, Mir, Broski and Urluber like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:51 am

Isos wrote:

Turkey upgraded them with 120mm guns if I remember correctly and with modern optics and fire computers.

Yes that is basically the Israeli "Sabra" tank known in Turkey as the M-60T.
    Obviously all the T-62 mods offered for export have received similar upgrades >>

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #18 - Page 5 T62am-10

Big_Gazza likes this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:56 am

Serberus wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:

Remember they are at Avdeyevka,

All the storms going on are occurring further north

But near Avdeyevka, Ukrainians are within artillery range to the city

Thats where they need to hit hard

As if the last 8 years haven’t been bad enough … Its been 3 fucking months since the Russians arrived, I get the Nazis are dug in at Avdeevka but they still gotta come out to launch grads and artillery ….this is pure bs, RU forces need to carpet bomb that whole area and launch a major offensive or they shouldn’t have come at all, Donets has been absolutely slammed the last 3 days and the Nazis wont stop until they are stopped. YTF is Severodonetsk or Liman a bigger priority than this.

https://www.stalkerzone.org/why-donetsk-is-still-being-shelled/

Mir and Arkanghelsk like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:57 am

https://thesaker.is/how-blaming-putin-is-helping-putin/
    The blame Putin for anything will backfire massively.

GarryB and Big_Gazza like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:57 pm