Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+78
George1
walle83
jon_deluxe
thegopnik
Odin of Ossetia
ludovicense
Ned86
DerWolf
littlerabbit
OminousSpudd
Giulio
Tolstoy
Singular_Transform
Hannibal Barca
Broski
Sprut-B
par far
kvs
psg
marcellogo
ucmvulcan
Mir
mavaff
Werewolf
SolidarityWithRussia
Flyboy77
Ispan
11E
mnztr
jhelb
RTN
lancelot
LMFS
ATLASCUB
ArgentinaGuard
Arkanghelsk
Airbornewolf
zorobabel
owais.usmani
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
crod
Krepost
Kiko
Walther von Oldenburg
Hinex1988
Eugenio Argentina
GarryB
Sujoy
SeigSoloyvov
Firebird
lyle6
nomadski
Erk
Scorpius
Stealthflanker
limb
diabetus
Vann7
GunshipDemocracy
Big_Gazza
Podlodka77
franco
Isos
caveat emptor
PapaDragon
sepheronx
JohninMK
Dr.Snufflebug
Arrow
Backman
dionis
Belisarius
Regular
Hole
Serberus
ALAMO
flamming_python
VARGR198
82 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

Post  caveat emptor Tue May 31, 2022 4:49 am

sepheronx wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:
    GarryB wrote:
    they should definitely come out with an explanation for the cockpit mounted GPS. Its just fodder for propaganda. Also, not sure why they always show footage of lofted launching of rockets.

Why does a satellite navigation receiver in an aircraft need an explaination?
    These are bought by pilots. They serve as a double to plane's native navigation suite and in case they have to abandon the plane.  Apparently, Russia still doesn't produce anything comparable, according to Fighterbomber channel. Pilots were using ProNebo Android application, but can't do it in Ukraine, since phones and tablets are forbidden to use.

Doesnt produce comparable to what?  A satnav system?  They have plenty of them and use Glonass as well.  Most aircraft have them currently minus non upgraded devices.  Su-34's in early years had them too.

Or do you mean some kind of handheld device?
    I thought that was obvious i meant handheld devices. Serve as a double to plane's navigation suite. It says right there in the message.
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

Post  caveat emptor Tue May 31, 2022 4:51 am

Backman wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:
    GarryB wrote:
    they should definitely come out with an explanation for the cockpit mounted GPS. Its just fodder for propaganda. Also, not sure why they always show footage of lofted launching of rockets.

These are bought by pilots. They serve as a double to plane's native navigation suite and in case they have to abandon the plane.  Apparently, Russia still doesn't produce anything comparable, according to Fighterbomber channel. Pilots were using ProNebo Android application, but can't do it in Ukraine, since phones and tablets are forbidden to use.

Who is Fighterbomber channel ?
    I think ex RuAF pilot. Definitely someone with close ties to RuAF.
    Fighterbomber
    https://t.me/fighter_bomber
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue May 31, 2022 4:56 am

caveat emptor wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:
    GarryB wrote:

Doesnt produce comparable to what?  A satnav system?  They have plenty of them and use Glonass as well.  Most aircraft have them currently minus non upgraded devices.  Su-34's in early years had them too.

I thought that was obvious i meant handheld devices. Serve as a double to plane's navigation suite. It says right there in the message.

It isn't specific but I get what you mean now.

So it may be for verification to make sure things are 100% exactly how its being positioned.  So yeah, I dont necessarily have a problem with it and see it as kinda a bonus.

This is post you mention:

https://t.me/fighter_bomber/7399

On many of my photoshops, subscribers have noticed satellite navigators more than once, Garmin as a rule. They are used in aviation as a backup for aircraft navigation systems, as well as in case the aircraft suddenly and urgently needs to be abandoned.
    To solve the navigation tasks of military aircraft, specialized aviation navigators (again, harmins) are not suitable, therefore, for such tasks, the ProNebo program installed on smartphones and tablets is used.
    ProNebo has only one minus. For smartphones and tablets ****, because they are prohibited. But not for navigators, because they are prohibited by one order, because they have a memory slot, and by another they are allowed, because they are a means of navigation. That is, they can ****, but you can get off.
    In the photo, our response to Chamberlain and Garmin. The newest development of five years ago is the Orion navigator, which even reached aviation by ways unknown to me.
    He does not know how to solve any aviation tasks, because he has a pronounced infantry nature, but you can run around the fields with him.
    The case is fragile, but the parts do not fall out of it and seem to be waterproof.
    Maps navigator supports a certain format, the plus is that they are free, and the minus is that it is problematic to find them. Of course, he does not know how to navigate and build routes, but the tank does not need this. He needs direction.
    This is also a problem, because they didn’t want to stick an electronic compass there, or they couldn’t, I don’t know, so the navigator shows the direction after the user dials a certain speed.
    The following systems are supported: GLONASS and GPS + SBAS
    In principle, they are sufficient.
    The screen is touch-sensitive, but you can also use buttons. Useful feature.
    Works continuously for about 7 hours. It's not much, but if you use the supplied battery power supply, it will do.
    Able to translate coordinates from one system to another. Artillerymen need a topic. Yes, and aviation, when working with infantry, also has to switch to Gaus Kruger.
    The product costs about the same as two good harmins, that is, at military rates, count for free.
    Well, its biggest plus is that if you don’t have money for a harmine, then you can take it. Is free.

For those unfamiliar, here is a photo with Su-34 satnav system far right display:

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 21 Th-1

Last edited by sepheronx on Tue May 31, 2022 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Big_Gazza, kvs and Hole like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Tue May 31, 2022 5:08 am

sepheronx wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:
    GarryB wrote:

So it may be for verification to make sure things are 100% exactly how its being positioned.  So yeah, I dont necessarily have a problem with it and see it as kinda a bonus.

On many of my photoshops, subscribers have noticed satellite navigators more than once, Garmin as a rule. They are used in aviation as a backup for aircraft navigation systems, as well as in case the aircraft suddenly and urgently needs to be abandoned.
    To solve the navigation tasks of military aircraft, specialized aviation navigators (again, harmins) are not suitable, therefore, for such tasks, the ProNebo program installed on smartphones and tablets is used.
    ProNebo has only one minus. For smartphones and tablets ****, because they are prohibited. But not for navigators, because they are prohibited by one order, because they have a memory slot, and by another they are allowed, because they are a means of navigation. That is, they can ****, but you can get off.
    In the photo, our response to Chamberlain and Garmin. The newest development of five years ago is the Orion navigator, which even reached aviation by ways unknown to me.
    He does not know how to solve any aviation tasks, because he has a pronounced infantry nature, but you can run around the fields with him.
    The case is fragile, but the parts do not fall out of it and seem to be waterproof.
    Maps navigator supports a certain format, the plus is that they are free, and the minus is that it is problematic to find them. Of course, he does not know how to navigate and build routes, but the tank does not need this. He needs direction.
    This is also a problem, because they didn’t want to stick an electronic compass there, or they couldn’t, I don’t know, so the navigator shows the direction after the user dials a certain speed.
    Works continuously for about 7 hours. It's not much, but if you use the supplied battery power supply, it will do.
    Able to translate coordinates from one system to another. Artillerymen need a topic. Yes, and aviation, when working with infantry, also has to switch to Gaus Kruger.
    The product costs about the same as two good harmins, that is, at military rates, count for free.
    Well, its biggest plus is that if you don’t have money for a harmine, then you can take it. Is free.
    Yes that is one of the posts. It has been spoken about it since beginning of Syrian intervention. This particular channel mentioned it in the past as well, as people were asking questions. It's not a big deal, but i hope they'll substitute it now due to situation. A good device that also civilian pilots can use and can be offered for export.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue May 31, 2022 5:11 am

caveat emptor wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:
    GarryB wrote:

Yes that is one of the posts. It has been spoken about it since beginning of Syrian intervention. This particular channel mentioned it in the past as well, as people were asking questions. It's not a big deal, but i hope they'll substitute it now due to situation. A good device that also civilian pilots can use and can be offered for export.

I think that post mentioned is mentioning Orion which is a substitute model with 3 different satnav system but is kinda wonky???

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 21 Photo-2022-05-29-00-51-55

Last edited by sepheronx on Tue May 31, 2022 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total

GunshipDemocracy likes this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Tue May 31, 2022 5:13 am

caveat emptor wrote:
    Backman wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:
    GarryB wrote:

Fighterbomber

So this handheld unit is not Russian even though it has cyrillic markings ? Seems whenever Russia imports the best of the best it gets its balls busted for not having its own. Then when it has its own, its balls are busted for having Russian junk. Whatever.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 21 Df6f6rs-ac5cb734-fdb4-422a-9a58-2267ce509bfa.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzY3MzJmNjNmLWQ1NGYtNDc4OS1iNGVhLWRlNGUyMTMzMmQ5NlwvZGY2ZjZycy1hYzVjYjczNC1mZGI0LTQyMmEtOWE1OC0yMjY3Y2U1MDliZmEuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0

GarryB, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK, Sprut-B, Hole, Mir and Broski like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue May 31, 2022 5:14 am

Backman wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:
    Backman wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:
    GarryB wrote:

Fighterbomber

So this handheld unit is not Russian even though it has cyrillic markings ? Seems whenever Russia imports the best of the best it gets its balls busted for not having its own. Then when it has its own, its balls are busted for having Russian junk. Whatever.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 21 Df6f6rs-ac5cb734-fdb4-422a-9a58-2267ce509bfa.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzY3MzJmNjNmLWQ1NGYtNDc4OS1iNGVhLWRlNGUyMTMzMmQ5NlwvZGY2ZjZycy1hYzVjYjczNC1mZGI0LTQyMmEtOWE1OC0yMjY3Y2U1MDliZmEuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0

I think they are referring to that it doesn't work as well for pilots as it does when on the ground and on the ground it works fine.

GunshipDemocracy and caveat emptor like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Tue May 31, 2022 5:24 am

Del

Last edited by caveat emptor on Tue May 31, 2022 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Tue May 31, 2022 5:27 am

sepheronx wrote:I think they are referring to that it doesn't work as well for pilots as it does when on the ground and on the ground it works fine.
    Exactly. They were made for infantry and not pilots
    P.S. Btw, that channel has some really good and unique content and knowledgeable posts.
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Tue May 31, 2022 6:30 am

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:
    Meanwhile, Kiev's greatest achievement today was killing two elementary school teachers in Donetsk. Miles and miles away from any legit military target.

Oh, they performed even better.
    A car bomb exploded next to a humanitarian relief point in Cherson.
    UkroISIS strikes with its bests.

Giulio wrote:So guys, about the T-62M. ...
    The T.62M is like "a catapult" because of its lack of a real aiming and a fire control system.
    The T-62M is fifties tank, a real medieval war machine.
    He costs more than a T-72 or a T-90 because of its engine and its 4 men crew (instead of 3) and its logistics, which need to be activated....
    Its gun is mounted on a turret that takes a minute to fully rotate which has no optical systems worthy of the name.
    And ahh..., yes: "the T-62 it could be good for second-line tasks to avoid, for example, that Ukrainian tractors take away half of the Russian vehicles ... In the front line, it would only be a target".
    I don't want to make humor, these and more interesting facts circulate here, where I come from. So, there is someone who knows how long it takes to turn 360° the T.62M's tower (and how it relates to the tower of other tanks)? And how? Definitely pedaling, I bet, or with a water mill....
    AH, I was forgetting, what are the best simulators that can be used to build fake videos about fake journalists traveling on the street under "Russian fire"? Because here, I see some fantastic, surreal videos and really, I would like to know which simulators for kids exist today to be able to create scenarios. Arma-3?

Well, you see, it is all about the tank simulator you are playing. Play a better one.
    One that knows what FCS the tank operates would be a nice start.

sepheronx, kvs, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy, Broski and bitch_killer like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Tue May 31, 2022 8:29 am

JohninMK wrote:Su-25 porn

Sounds like there is some sort of beeping sound to fire the rockets.

GarryB, d_taddei2, GunshipDemocracy, 11E and Mir like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue May 31, 2022 9:43 am

These are bought by pilots. They serve as a double to plane's native navigation suite and in case they have to abandon the plane.

I doubt it.

If they have to abandon the plane they wont be grabbing anything off the dashboard... their survival kit would include an emergency beacon and likely these days a hand held navigation system too.... as well as an assault rifle and other equipment.

Apparently, Russia still doesn't produce anything comparable, according to Fighterbomber channel.

Hahahaha... fucking hilarious... so you are saying they spend billions to set up GLONASS but don't issue receivers... right...

Pilots were using ProNebo Android application, but can't do it in Ukraine, since phones and tablets are forbidden to use.

Pilots everywhere use simple Sat nav devices attached to cockpit displays because they usually have a very simple and very clear display for use as a backup that is always visible that you don't need to switch screens to access.

In fact I remember in the 1980s seeing an F-15 cockpit that had a rifle scope mounted to the cockpit to allow the pilot to get a magnified view of targets in the air...

Here it is...

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 21 Za1p5010

So you are getting Pissy because they are not using Russian products?

Is that all.   Rolling Eyes

Yeah, because obviously Russian product makers are going to make a special unit for the millions of Russian pilots... that market is enormous... despite the fact that that market is already cornered with foreign products like Garmin.

Fortunately western shitfuckery has blocked Russian access to such equipment now so over the next few years I am sure Russian sets will start to be used more widely and you can sleep at night.

Sounds like there is some sort of beeping sound to fire the rockets.

Considering it is firing 122mm calibre rockets which are quite big and heavy, I would expect they are being fired against a location probably already entered into the computer so as the aircraft approach the target area the beeps will inform the pilot to pull the launch trigger and pull up and the nav attack computer would launch the rockets at the suitable angle based on location of the aircraft and air speed and distance to the target area to loft the rockets to land within the target area.

In the 1980s the MiG-29 had an automated cannon system where a close in target was locked using radar or IRST and laser to track an aerial target... the HUD showed the target aircraft and the aim point needed to hit it so the pilot pulled the trigger and manouvered his own aircraft to put the aim point on the enemy aircraft... when the computer calculated the shells would impact the target a burst of shells was fired... normally 3 to 5 rounds which during training and practise generally obliterated the target.

At the time the designers said if they realised the gun would be that accurate and effective they would have halved the size of the ammo capacity (from 150 shells to presumably 75 shells).

The firing and burst length was based on the target parameters.

Last edited by GarryB on Tue May 31, 2022 12:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

Werewolf, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Backman and like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue May 31, 2022 10:39 am

Considering an Su-25 pilot would get target coordinates from ground troops I would think working in Infantry numbers and maths would make rather more sense than trying to use both or aviation systems the ground forces are not using.

Su-34 can use Air Force numbers and systems, but helicopter pilots and CAS fighter pilots should use the same systems as the grunts they are operating with... to prevent errors.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Tue May 31, 2022 11:41 am

There is a video of a su-24 interior where you can see it using a navigation system with map on its screen. It was during the bombing of azovstal.

They have such system but I think having a civilian GPS with is safer in case of a malfunction or jamming of their russian systems.

They work on different frequencies and you can quickly see which one work and whichvone is broken if they show different path for a same destination by knowing where the north is. That would allow to at least eject over friendly forces.

This is very important for the pilots when you have isis or nazis waiting for you on the ground.
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Tue May 31, 2022 12:31 pm

Isos wrote:Prisons aren't made for nazis... good old Gulag is. Let them break stones for no reason 15h a day and show them on a TV how Zelensky and Porochenko enjoy life in London. Then just release them and they will hunt those corrupted politicians wherever they are.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 21 Fucdjm10
    Very Happy

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B and Podlodka77 like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Tue May 31, 2022 12:38 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 21 Fucr_q10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 21 Fud9b810
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 21 Fuerux10

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B and like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue May 31, 2022 12:38 pm

The radar of the Su-24 and Su-34 would give a live all weather day night view of a target that would be used in preference to coordinates from any satellite navigation system.

The pilot would have no chance of real time comparing images to test to see how accurate the civilian signal is, besides they would be using the military GLONASS signal, which would be more accurate than the civilian signal from Navstar, Gallieo, or Beidou...

They would use a sat nav receiver in the same way an accountant would use a desktop calculator... for simple calculations or in the case of the pilots a simple separate screen that shows you where you are on a map is handy when dealing with other things with a computer screen.

Most military pilots used to carry maps in extra large leg pockets on their pants with clear plastic fronts so they could see the map on their knee just as an indicator of roughly where they were and what should be visible in front of them at the time... if you were where you should be it would show things like rivers and roads so you could roughly see where you were in relation to your airfield and your target... if you had to stop and do something it was a good reference to check you were still where you should be.

d_taddei2, Hole and Backman like this post

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Tue May 31, 2022 2:50 pm

JohninMK wrote:Su-25 porn

quote" The Russian Ministry of Defense showed footage of combat sorties by pilots of Su-25 attack aircraft. "

Yeah.. "combat sorties"

No wonder why the Russian army advances is so slow..  because what they call "close air support"
    in reality is far air support show, with unguided rockets . No

What was those su-25 pilots firing at ?   he not even have any visual notification if their missiles hit
    anything at all..   Can anyone explain me , how those pilots knows their strike mission was a success?   Suspect

Where are the videos of su-25 directly hitting columns of ukie tanks and weapons supplies from the west  ? Where are the videos of russian aiforce hitting those long convoys from the west moving m777 artillery columns? No

The russian airforce just like the indian forums have noticed have been
    the weakest link ,in the entire operation.  No real close air support with precision bombing ,at least ,
    no videos released by them in the last month doing that , no precision bombing of those ukie soldiers in their trenches with airforce.. or strike drones , forcing the russian army ,to fight in the most dangerous ways , of hand to hand combat , like soviet did it 70 years ago in stalingrad.  No

So this video if anything proof ,that the russian airforce is next to useless in the battlefield ,in this latest months,  is not replacing at all ,their limited use of heavy strike drones ,with laser guide missiles , the close support airforce is more used as scout planes , to counter the lack of intel planes ,monitoring the airspace of ukraine.  throwing a few rockets ,so randomly into the air , far away of their targets , is the ice of the cake..  Laughing

Close air support  . what is that.. im going to show the russian military ,what is really
    close air support.

notice how close are this strikes.. you can even know in real time the exact movements of soldiers
    in the ground and could hit them directly in the precise place they are.. this is what close air support
    should be.. This is why russia with the most powerful airforce in the world , can't catch a single
    convoy of weapons or supplies with precision.
    No

why russian airforce can't do that?  a real massacre of enemy convoys tanks ,artillery ,moving
    on roads being catch by the airforce ? No

i have yet to see a single video of Russian minister of defense showing ukie convoys destroyed
    by airforce.  No

The russian airforce , really need help..  I used to think they were highly competitive
    versus NATO airforce ,in combat and intel recon of the battlefield ,but this video ,released by the minister of defense? makes it looks very weak, in comparison to NATO. Where is the Beriev A-50 in the entire conflict ?  No
    like indian forums noticed.. the russian airforce ,specially combat planes manned performance in ukraine have been largely ineffective in their operations , most of the job of russian military is done by artillery earth scorch tactics ,cruise missiles ,and small surveillance drones .sorry for saying this ,
    but makes the russian airforce to look very weak. That was a nice propaganda video ,from the minister of defense showing a pair of su-25 killing randomly firing a few rockets in to the air , hoping they hit "something" when the rockets land.   Rolling Eyes

Can anyone explain ,when are we going to see the Russian airforce , behave as a modern one ,
    doing true close air support with precision strikes , against enemy  ?

Last edited by Vann7 on Tue May 31, 2022 3:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
    DerWolf

Post  DerWolf Tue May 31, 2022 3:05 pm

It’s full of Manpands so is obviously they are not gonna sent them to close.

GarryB likes this post

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Tue May 31, 2022 3:17 pm

DerWolf wrote:It’s full of Manpands so is obviously they are not gonna sent them to close.

But Syrian airspace is far ,more protected , than the ukrainian airspace .there are s-400 there ,
    s-300s, many pantsirs and tors and buks ,lots of igla manpads.. and russian army was also there ,
    yet , we see turkey airforce doing close air support without problems . targeting convoys.. but russia apparently haven't seen at all ever a single convoy of enemy tanks being hit by russian airforce ..
    bad luck perhaps? Suspect

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Tue May 31, 2022 3:48 pm

A few more trophies
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 21 2bb1c610
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 21 B3d2a710

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, Sprut-B, LMFS, Hole and like this post

Ned86

Post  Ned86 Tue May 31, 2022 3:54 pm

Vann7 wrote:
    Yeah.. "combat sorties"

No wonder why the Russian army advances is so slow..  because what they call "close air support"
    in reality is far air support show, with unguided rockets . No

What was those su-25 pilots firing at ?   he not even have any visual notification if their missiles hit
    anything at all..   Can anyone explain me , how those pilots knows their strike mission was a success?   Suspect

Where are the videos of su-25 directly hitting columns of ukie tanks and weapons supplies from the west  ? Where are the videos of russian aiforce hitting those long convoys from the west moving m777 artillery columns? No

Yeah they are firing anywhere, just for the sake of video and to win yet another twitter battle.
    Su-25 are being used extensively and without success it wouldn't make sense to deploy them.

Vann7 wrote:
     The russian airforce just like the indian forums have noticed have been
    the weakest link ,in the entire operation.  No real close air support with precision bombing ,at least ,
    no videos released by them in the last month doing that , no precision bombing of those ukie soldiers in their trenches with airforce.. or strike drones , forcing the russian army ,to fight in the most dangerous ways , of hand to hand combat , like soviet did it 70 years ago in stalingrad.  No

So this video if anything proof ,that the russian airforce is next to useless in the battlefield ,in this latest months,  is not replacing at all ,their limited use of heavy strike drones ,with laser guide missiles , the close support airforce is more used as scout planes , to counter the lack of intel planes ,monitoring the airspace of ukraine.  throwing a few rockets ,so randomly into the air , far away of their targets , is the ice of the cake..  Laughing

Close air support  . what is that.. im going to show the russian military ,what is really
    close air support.

notice how close are this strikes.. you can even know in real time the exact movements of soldiers
    in the ground and could hit them directly in the precise place they are.. this is what close air support
    should be.. This is why russia with the most powerful airforce in the world , can't catch a single
    convoy  of weapons or supplies with precision.
    No

why russian airforce can't do that?  a real massacre of enemy convoys tanks ,artillery ,moving
    on roads being catch by the airforce ? No

i have yet to see a single video of Russian minister of defense showing ukie convoys destroyed
    by airforce.  No

They showed bunch of video on telegram channels. Mostly it was Ka-52s destroying Ukraine vehicles as well as combat drones. If what they showed is not enough than it is a proof that when people want to believe something they will believe no mater what.
    The reason might be that Ukrainians are not moving in the convoys and it is harder to destroy them. They've been retreating constantly and bunch of their hardware were dig into the some sorts of trenches.  

Vann7 wrote:
    The russian airforce , really need help..  I used to think they were highly competitive
    versus NATO airforce ,in combat and intel recon of the battlefield ,but this video ,released by the minister of defense? makes it looks very weak, in comparison to NATO. Where is the Beriev A-50 in the entire conflict ?  No
    like indian forums noticed.. the russian airforce ,specially combat planes manned performance in ukraine have been largely ineffective in their operations , most of the job of russian military is done by artillery earth scorch tactics ,cruise missiles ,and small surveillance drones .sorry for saying this ,
    but makes the russian airforce to look very weak. That was a nice propaganda video ,from the minister of defense showing a pair of su-25 killing randomly firing a few rockets in to the air , hoping they hit "something" when the rockets land.   Rolling Eyes

Can anyone explain ,when are we going to see the Russian airforce , behave as a modern one ,
    doing true close air support with precision strikes , against enemy  ?

Russian air force demonstrated that they are extremely competent and modern air force. No one did anything similar in the past, including the US Air force.
    They fly missions in the Europe biggest country (twice the size of Iraq) with modern multiple level air defense systems plus thousands of manpads.
    They demonstrated ability to attack targets deeply into the enemy's territory with subsonic, supersonic and even hypersonic missiles. That is something Turkey could never do for example.
    We saw plenty of Ka-52 close support videos destroying Ukrainian armor vehicles. For some reason we didn't see much of Mi-28 in action, but it doesn't mean that they are not being used.
    Su-25 is probably the most used plane for close air support and it is a workhouse of Russian air force in this conflict.
    Remember, Russians are not doing this for a show, but to win certain military objectives.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy, LMFS, Hole, Backman and Broski like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Tue May 31, 2022 4:06 pm

GarryB wrote:
    These are bought by pilots. They serve as a double to plane's native navigation suite and in case they have to abandon the plane.

I doubt it.

If they have to abandon the plane they wont be grabbing anything off the dashboard... their survival kit would include an emergency beacon and likely these days a hand held navigation system too.... as well as an assault rifle and other equipment.

Apparently, Russia still doesn't produce anything comparable, according to Fighterbomber channel.

Hahahaha... fucking hilarious... so you are saying they spend billions to set up GLONASS but don't issue receivers... right...
    Garry don't shoot the messenger. In any case you don't have to sound so butthurt in every other message.

P.S. Next time just provide TLDR version of your rants. 

P.P.S. If you check out that channel you can see that they were donating a lot of small equipment to pilots since the start of SMO. Regular army channel can  be slow in providing stuff due to bureaucracy or complicated process.

Backman dislikes this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Tue May 31, 2022 4:16 pm

TASS; Military operation in Ukraine
    May 31, 14:22 (Updated 14:55)

Putin promised the title of Hero of Russia to the lieutenant who saved his colleagues during the SVO in Ukraine

Baldan Tsydypov is seriously wounded

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 21 67741910

NOVO-OGAREVO, May 31. /TASS/. Russian President Vladimir Putin supported the proposal to award the title of Hero of Russia to Lieutenant Baldan Tsydypov, who saved 150 servicemen during a special military operation (SVO) of the Russian Federation in Ukraine.

"I support!" - said the head of state. On Tuesday, he held a meeting via video link with the head of the Republic of Buryatia, Alexei Tsydenov, who asked to support the idea of ​​rewarding Tsydypov.

The head of the region said that the lieutenant "during a surprise attack on the convoy deployed his armored personnel carrier, covered the convoy, accepted an unequal battle, knocked out enemy equipment and, as a result, saved 150 of his comrades." “Now the Ministry of Defense has presented Lieutenant Baldan Tsydypov to the title of Hero of Russia. He is seriously injured, his foot has been amputated, in general, many operations are ahead. But he is doing well, he is holding up well,” Tsydenov said.

"Many guys from Buryatia are now honorably fulfilling their duty to protect people and ensure the strategic security of Russia," participating in a special military operation in Ukraine, the head of the region said.

“According to the latest opinion polls, in the republic, the vast majority of residents support the operation. When I meet with the parents of our children, with wounded soldiers in hospitals, I ask them: “How can I help them adapt to civilian life?” And the guys who have minor injuries answer : "No write-off. We will heal now - and go back to battle. "The guys have a very high spirit," Tsydenov assured.

https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/14780923

GarryB, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B and like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Tue May 31, 2022 4:16 pm

Serberus wrote:A few more trophies
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 21 2bb1c610
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 21 B3d2a710

Loads of Matadors this time. Another one for the collection.

GarryB, psg and d_taddei2 like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:17 am