Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+78
George1
walle83
jon_deluxe
thegopnik
Odin of Ossetia
ludovicense
Ned86
DerWolf
littlerabbit
OminousSpudd
Giulio
Tolstoy
Singular_Transform
Hannibal Barca
Broski
Sprut-B
par far
kvs
psg
marcellogo
ucmvulcan
Mir
mavaff
Werewolf
SolidarityWithRussia
Flyboy77
Ispan
11E
mnztr
jhelb
RTN
lancelot
LMFS
ATLASCUB
ArgentinaGuard
Arkanghelsk
Airbornewolf
zorobabel
owais.usmani
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
crod
Krepost
Kiko
Walther von Oldenburg
Hinex1988
Eugenio Argentina
GarryB
Sujoy
SeigSoloyvov
Firebird
lyle6
nomadski
Erk
Scorpius
Stealthflanker
limb
diabetus
Vann7
GunshipDemocracy
Big_Gazza
Podlodka77
franco
Isos
caveat emptor
PapaDragon
sepheronx
JohninMK
Dr.Snufflebug
Arrow
Backman
dionis
Belisarius
Regular
Hole
Serberus
ALAMO
flamming_python
VARGR198
82 posters

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Podlodka77
    Podlodka77


    Posts : 1844
    Points : 1848
    Join date : 2022-01-06
    Location : Z

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Podlodka77 Tue May 31, 2022 2:22 pm

    RIA Novosti; 05/31/2022 02:05 PM (updated: 05/31/2022 03:05 PM)

    Kherson region will become a full-fledged subject of Russia, said Stremousov

    Deputy head of the Kherson VGA Stremousov: the region will soon become a Russian subject


    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 17920410


    KHERSON, May 31 - RIA Novosti. The Kherson region will soon become a full-fledged Russian subject, Kirill Stremousov, deputy head of the regional administration, told RIA Novosti.

    “I personally see the Kherson region, I emphasize, not a republic, but a region, within the Russian Federation. The question of time is indeed, when we will be there, this issue depends on the inhabitants of the Kherson region,” he said.
    Stremousov also added that, according to his estimates, 60-70 percent of the region's population will vote for joining Russia.

    "We will finally become a full-fledged territory that will belong to the state, and not belong to some residents who will sell our land piece by piece, will resell and consider us as slaves," the official stressed.

    During the special operation, the Russian military took control of the Kherson region and the Azov part of the Zaporozhye region in southern Ukraine. Civil-military administrations have been formed in the regions, Russian TV channels and radio stations have begun broadcasting, and trade ties with Crimea are being restored.

    https://ria.ru/20220531/kherson-1792027749.html




    GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy, VARGR198 and like this post

    avatar
    diabetus


    Posts : 306
    Points : 309
    Join date : 2014-04-20

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  diabetus Tue May 31, 2022 2:43 pm

    lancelot wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:-They don't have air superiority at all , those su-25 are used for spying mostly ,doing the job ,what drones should be doing , and flying very fast and very slow to avoid air defenses and firing unguided rockets from very far away of their targets.. this is not close air support , not even close.
    this is a very weak way of using su-25s . Russian airforce is not even used to directly bomb those
    ukie soldiers inside trenches in close air support. likely for the airspace being dangerous to fly over there , for air defenses and manpads that ukrainians have.

    -Now in the trench videos.. you notice a drone there from russian military just observing  and doing nothing else. if they had there a true strike drone there instead ,  they will have smashed those uki soldiers there with precision and cleared the trench without the need to send soldiers in close hand combat.

    in indian military pro russian forums, people have been commenting the same things..
    and here im going to quote someone who just saw exactly the same things i have been saying
    since the war began..  russia could have ended this war in just few weeks , if they had true air domination of the airspace. if russia tactics were correct and was using enough strike drones , in combination with artillery ,then those advanced trenches will have been useless..   neither russia have remote glide bombs like israel use in syria with tv camera ,that could allow the russian military
    to strike with ultra precision exactly inside the trench ,and in where soldiers are located..
    diabetus wrote:they should definitely come out with an explanation for the cockpit mounted GPS. Its just fodder for propaganda. Also, not sure why they always show footage of lofted launching of rockets.
    It would never be quite as easy as that. Regardless of equipment. Ukraine had basically the largest army in Europe and they were being prepared for a conflict for 8 years or more. What I think the Ukrainians didn't expect was that their precious allies in NATO wouldn't come to assist them. They should have learned with the Georgian conflict.

    With regards to the Su-25, it used to be manufactured in Georgia, and those engines aren't in production anymore. It was considered a legacy platform. Some upgrade packages were created but they never entered production in anything approaching decent numbers. The analogous US platform, the A-10, was upgraded with HMD, night vision, and all sorts of gizmos. The upgrade was too expensive, so they never put it into that many aircraft either. The USAF keeps trying to kill the A-10. And the USAF claims it is mostly being used as a glorified missile delivery truck to deliver standoff weapons. Something they can do with the F-15 or F-16. They claim it isn't survivable against current anti-air weapons. They lost a couple on Iraq. And that was with the obsolete air defenses Iraq had together with over a decade of sanctions which prevented them to fix their equipment.

    What I think needs to happen is the Su-34M upgrade plus larger production of glide bombs basically. And more drones including the Orion. The Su-25 might either be replaced with drones or a whole new aircraft.

    The widely fielded SM upgrade for the su-25 introduces a new glonass nav system. I haven't seen a non SM su-25 used by Russia in Ukraine.

    GarryB likes this post

    avatar
    diabetus


    Posts : 306
    Points : 309
    Join date : 2014-04-20

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  diabetus Tue May 31, 2022 2:47 pm

    GarryB wrote:
    Its depressing that Russia allowed these weapons to be brought in and now cannot effectively deliver counter battery fire. They knew these weapons were coming. Yet it seems they were not taking them seriously. There should be small groups dedicated to counter battery fire. If they cannot wipe these out a lot of Russians will die needlessly and this war will stretch out much longer

    It is depressing how much illegal drugs enter western countries every day... they know it is coming but they never stop it all.... maybe the west needs something like a war on drugs and that will stop it completely... I mean the laws against murder have meant no one gets murdered any more in the west because obviously everyone obeys the law and when decisions are made then things happen.

    Destroying things in transit prevents their use on the front line but that M777 battery that was attacked would still be in tact if they didn't get their guns...

    No reason to wander around the battlefield if they don't have big heavy guns to drag around with them.

    When they do get artillery like that... civilian areas are easier to find on a map than Russian positions so it will be the civilians that suffer from US and western support... hopefully they will remember that moving forward.

    what putin don't understand ,is that the west see softy polite people , as insecurity and weakness , and this encourage them to hit russia harder , because they know putin will do nothing.

    Putin is the leader of a country... he is not a gang leader who has to scare his opponents to keep them off his turf.

    If the west are so dumb that they see politeness and manners as a weakness then that is their loss... Russia is now going in a new direction and the west will suffer because of that... but you are making the rookie mistake of thinking the west is the whole world... the rest of the world deals with shit from the west all the time and they will be watching and learning that Putin means what he says and can be trusted... can't say that about any western leader... even if they are sincere like Germany wanting cheap gas, their views can be overruled by their US overlords or the other underlings in Brussels.

    Your complaints about Putin is what has saved Russia from better relations with the west and there fore even more damage when they turned on Russia eventually. Putin will now lead Russia to trade and cooperate with the rest of the world and that is going to seriously weaken the west as fewer countries use US dollars because they want a free hand to also trade with China and Russia and India etc etc... which will destroy the US dollar... so where does US power go when their bribes have to be in Euros or Yuan or even Rubles?

    This war in ukraine will have not been possible if a lstrong leader in power in russia .
    and that revolution to overthrow yakunovych not allowed to happen.

    Just because you say that it does not make it true... western regime attempts can be stopped... Erdogan is proof of that, but Wierd Al Yankovich was never pro Russia to begin with... he only took the Russian offer because it made sense and was nothing to do with any friendship brotherly or otherwise towards Russia.

    They essentially took out someone who could have been their guy if they weren't so tight with the funds... add the 5 billion they spent on the overthrow and the 40 billion in aide they are giving them now and they could have made an offer to Kiev that he would have jumped over fences to sign...

    And Crimea would still be part of the Ukraine...

    They fucked up.

    They can very simply be modified , to allow natural weathering to cause oxidation of small internal components , by ingress of moisture , over time . So they have a shelf life . This can actually be done for all ordnance . So no need to go and collect them afterwards .

    They still represent a threat... kids and animals etc etc... stupid teenagers... adults with evil intent...

    This is currently their job. Sitting around and waiting for the Donbass cauldrons to be formed/cleared. Keeping an eye on the enemy.
    They are lucky that the enemy is dumb enough to attack them, otherwise the whole situation would get pretty boring.

    Indeed... this is the period of the war when drones become a bit more useful as you can probe enemy positions and mark firing points and attack isolated groups or expose personel in constant pin prick attacks to wear them down like a sniper would.

    The T.62M is like "a catapult" because of its lack of a real aiming and a fire control system.
    The T-62M is fifties tank, a real medieval war machine.

    The places it would be used there are no enemy tanks, and you don't need a fire control system for stationary targets.

    He costs more than a T-72 or a T-90 because of its engine and its 4 men crew (instead of 3) and its logistics, which need to be activated....

    It costs nothing because it is already paid for... taking them out of storage and donating them saves money on maintenance and storage... freeing up space for later model tanks as they get replaced in service by newer vehicles.

    And ahh..., yes: "the T-62 it could be good for second-line tasks to avoid, for example, that Ukrainian tractors take away half of the Russian vehicles ... In the front line, it would only be a target".

    These are for use by Donbass and Ukrainian volunteers, the Russians already have T-72s which they are trained on and are familiar with.

    The Donbass volunteers just need simple tanks that have armour and a gun... a T-62 ticks those boxes as much as an old model T-72 would... sending T-62s means T-72s remain for other uses like being made into terminators or robot tanks with spare parts compatible with the T-72 and T-90 models they currently use.

    I don't want to make humor, these and more interesting facts circulate here, where I come from. So, there is someone who knows how long it takes to turn 360° the T.62M's tower (and how it relates to the tower of other tanks)? And how? Definitely pedaling, I bet, or with a water mill....

    If the threat is serious the commander can order the gunner to turn to engage but also the driver to turn the entire vehicle to speed up traverse if needed.

    I think you miss the things Russia is doing. Did Putin have a hand in Trumps election? Brexit? BLM? Ultraright in the west? Mass immigration to the EU from Africa?

    No evidence for any of those things... they spend millions of dollars and four years searching for proof that Putin got Trump elected and came up with nothing... no evidence for Brexit or BLM either and the ultra right in the west are the same sort of nazis in ukraine... not people Putin would work with.

    Mass immigration to the EU was the Syrian conflict and the western attack on Libya which Russia and Putin actually worked against.

    The biggest threat to the west is the actions of the west.

    They finished shooting themselves in the foot and are working their way up their own legs.... why stop them?

    Meanwhile, Kiev's greatest achievement today was killing two elementary school teachers in Donetsk.

    American influence perhaps... school rampages...

    The main reason russian performance has been underwhelming is the colossal failure of its airforce.

    It is perfectly normal for western experts and their prodogy to think everything needs to be done with air power and when it is not done the western way then it must be the wrong way.

    Artillery and guided missiles are doing the lions share of the work and are being very efficient at it... the west can continue to complain that their surrogates are being cleaned up on the battlefield to justify their enormous investment in their own military forces that wouldn't last 10 minutes against the Ukraine Russia went up against.

    they should definitely come out with an explanation for the cockpit mounted GPS. Its just fodder for propaganda. Also, not sure why they always show footage of lofted launching of rockets.

    Why does a satellite navigation receiver in an aircraft need an explaination?

    Lofting rockets at targets shows they are not the dumb Su-25s from the 1980s that can direct fire but not flight profile shape its unguided weapon launches because now it has CCIP and can loft rockets to fire them from much greater ranges and operate in greater safety from ground fire from the target.

    Su-25s were popular because direct fire rockets are a very effective way of dealing with targets on a battlefield and because they used to be direct fired they were quite accurate or should I say accurate enough because Rockets are an area weapon you would use against troops or unarmoured vehicles where direct hits are not needed.

    Current Su-25s are rather more sophisticated and have a wide range of guided weapons... but the dumb bombs and rockets get the job done.

    It needs explanation because there's a media propaganda narrative about Russian aircraft having GPS receivers "taped" to the cockpit since their own don't work.

    The rockets don't appear to be using CCIP or CCRP as the pipper is aiming at a point in the sky and not s distant release point.
    Serberus
    Serberus


    Posts : 364
    Points : 366
    Join date : 2022-02-24

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Serberus Tue May 31, 2022 2:51 pm

    Ffs looks like the only way to ignore vann7 is to put everyone quoting him on ignore too
    Dudes literally a childish troll spouting the same garbage every day on repeat mode, worst poster here. Why you people keep trying to engage him in a serious convo is beyond me

    sepheronx, GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, wilhelm, OminousSpudd and like this post

    avatar
    diabetus


    Posts : 306
    Points : 309
    Join date : 2014-04-20

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  diabetus Tue May 31, 2022 2:52 pm

    GarryB wrote:
    Exactly. They were made for infantry and not pilots

    Considering an Su-25 pilot would get target coordinates from ground troops I would think working in Infantry numbers and maths would make rather more sense than trying to use both or aviation systems the ground forces are not using.

    Su-34 can use Air Force numbers and systems, but helicopter pilots and CAS fighter pilots should use the same systems as the grunts they are operating with... to prevent errors.

    Any close air support system should use the same coordinate system as the troops on the ground. Seems like a massive oversight if you need a 3rd party system to work out the conversion.

    GarryB likes this post

    Backman
    Backman


    Posts : 1862
    Points : 1870
    Join date : 2020-11-11

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Backman Tue May 31, 2022 3:07 pm

    [quote="diabetus"]
    GarryB wrote:


    Meanwhile, Kiev's greatest achievement today was killing two elementary school teachers in Donetsk.



    It needs explanation because there's a media propaganda narrative about Russian aircraft having GPS receivers "taped" to the cockpit since their own don't work.

    The rockets don't appear to be using CCIP or CCRP as the pipper is aiming at a point in the sky and not s distant release point.

    Here we are still talking about that video on Youtube from around 2009 that showed a Russian trainer aircraft with a Garmin on the dash.(probably communicating with GLONASS, the only other functional GPS system at the time)  But now there appears to be a new iteration of the story.

    Its a waste of time running down these ratholes. Just stop it.

    https://www.miragenews.com/us-still-uses-floppy-disks-to-control-nuclear-bombers-ballistic-missiles/



    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Z2lm


    GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, LMFS, Hole, Mir and bitch_killer like this post

    limb
    limb


    Posts : 1359
    Points : 1385
    Join date : 2020-09-17

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  limb Tue May 31, 2022 3:28 pm

    How does the CCIP of the Su-25 calculate shooting the rockets indirectly? The HUD seems to do 0 calculation for the pilot.
    Backman
    Backman


    Posts : 1862
    Points : 1870
    Join date : 2020-11-11

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Backman Tue May 31, 2022 3:44 pm

    Big_Gazza and Hole like this post

    avatar
    mnztr


    Posts : 1897
    Points : 1941
    Join date : 2018-01-21

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  mnztr Tue May 31, 2022 6:21 pm

    GarryB wrote:
    Its depressing that Russia allowed these weapons to be brought in and now cannot effectively deliver counter battery fire. They knew these weapons were coming. Yet it seems they were not taking them seriously. There should be small groups dedicated to counter battery fire. If they cannot wipe these out a lot of Russians will die needlessly and this war will stretch out much longer

    It is depressing how much illegal drugs enter western countries every day... they know it is coming but they never stop it all.... maybe the west needs something like a war on drugs and that will stop it completely... I mean the laws against murder have meant no one gets murdered any more in the west because obviously everyone obeys the law and when decisions are made then things happen.

    Destroying things in transit prevents their use on the front line but that M777 battery that was attacked would still be in tact if they didn't get their guns...

    No reason to wander around the battlefield if they don't have big heavy guns to drag around with them.

    When they do get artillery like that... civilian areas are easier to find on a map than Russian positions so it will be the civilians that suffer from US and western support... hopefully they will remember that moving forward.


    You can't exactly hide one up ur ass, these are large machines that need to be moved by truck.

    A lot of drugs are made locally and if not for the drugs they would sniff glue or gas. So whatever.
    Ispan
    Ispan


    Posts : 590
    Points : 604
    Join date : 2015-07-10
    Age : 46
    Location : Madrid

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Ispan Tue May 31, 2022 6:30 pm

    Today's special report

    Severodonetsk has been liberated today, mostly, there's still some mopping up to do and drive the enemy out of the industrial zone, but great progress, this morning only one third of the city was in our hands.

    https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2022/05/31/parte-de-guerra-31-05-2022-informe-especial/

    Lots of maps and links to videos. I made an special effort to present all the reports grouped by front in the usual clockwise fashion, starting north

    GarryB, markgreven, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, littlerabbit, Sprut-B and like this post

    avatar
    diabetus


    Posts : 306
    Points : 309
    Join date : 2014-04-20

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  diabetus Tue May 31, 2022 7:20 pm

    Backman wrote:
    diabetus wrote:
    GarryB wrote:


    Meanwhile, Kiev's greatest achievement today was killing two elementary school teachers in Donetsk.



    It needs explanation because there's a media propaganda narrative about Russian aircraft having GPS receivers "taped" to the cockpit since their own don't work.

    The rockets don't appear to be using CCIP or CCRP as the pipper is aiming at a point in the sky and not s distant release point.

    Here we are still talking about that video on Youtube from around 2009 that showed a Russian trainer aircraft with a Garmin on the dash.(probably communicating with GLONASS, the only other functional GPS system at the time)  But now there appears to be a new iteration of the story.

    Its a waste of time running down these ratholes. Just stop it.

    https://www.miragenews.com/us-still-uses-floppy-disks-to-control-nuclear-bombers-ballistic-missiles/



    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Z2lm



    It's not a video from 2009 though, it's a video from the last few days.
    avatar
    11E


    Posts : 93
    Points : 101
    Join date : 2020-12-08

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  11E Tue May 31, 2022 8:04 pm

    [/quote]

    It needs explanation because there's a media propaganda narrative about Russian aircraft having GPS receivers "taped" to the cockpit since their own don't work.

    [/quote]

    I think the ''big masses'' don't know that a lot of NATO aircrews did/do the same. I have seen Mirage 2000s and German Tornado's with a Garmin Etrek running on two AA batteries taped in the cockpit. I flew in a transport aircraft from Paris to Gao and the pilot navigated across the sahara with the back up of a small handheld GPS mounted in the cockpit.

    From my own experience, the Leopard 2A5 had a build in navigation system. It was so user unfriendly to use that I also had a Garmin handheld GPS which was a lot quicker acquiring a precise grid and I could choose from 50 grid systems.

    Not everything ''military grade'' is user friendly or good. and it it not a Russian only thing.

    Sincerely,
    Lesley

    GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, lancelot and Belisarius like this post

    Hole
    Hole


    Posts : 8401
    Points : 8389
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 46
    Location : Scholzistan

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Hole Tue May 31, 2022 8:14 pm

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Fugthe10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Fugve210
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Scree337
    Chechens on sightseeing tour.

    GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy, littlerabbit, Sprut-B and like this post

    Kiko
    Kiko


    Posts : 1690
    Points : 1714
    Join date : 2020-11-11
    Age : 74
    Location : Brasilia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Kiko Tue May 31, 2022 8:17 pm

    Just keep the pressure on the Pani, repeatedly denouncing their intentions.

    Poland moves to seize the western territories of Ukraine, says Patrushev, 31.05.2022.

    Security Council Secretary Patrushev said that Poland is moving to seize land in western Ukraine.

    KAZAN, May 31 - RIA Novosti. Poland appears to be moving towards seizing territories in western Ukraine, Nikolai Patrushev, secretary of the Russian Security Council, said in Kazan on Tuesday.

    "The so-called" Western partners "of the Kiev regime are also not opposed to taking advantage of the current situation for their own interests and have special plans for the Ukrainian lands. A vivid confirmation of this was the visit to Kiev of the Polish President [Andrzej] Duda, as well as his statements that soon the Polish "The Ukrainian border will cease to exist," Patrushev said at a national security meeting in the Volga region.

    "To all appearances, Poland is already moving on to actions to seize western Ukrainian territories," Patrushev stated.

    https://ria.ru/20220531/patrushev-1792037525.html


    Last edited by Kiko on Tue May 31, 2022 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

    GarryB, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, littlerabbit and LMFS like this post

    Podlodka77
    Podlodka77


    Posts : 1844
    Points : 1848
    Join date : 2022-01-06
    Location : Z

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Podlodka77 Tue May 31, 2022 8:41 pm

    RIA Novosti; 22:22 05/31/2022 (updated: 22:31 05/31/2022)

    Kadyrov announced the completion of the cleansing of Severodonetsk

    The head of Chechnya Kadyrov announced the completion of the cleansing of Severodonetsk


    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 17819510


    MOSCOW, May 31 - RIA Novosti. The head of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov, stated on his Telegram channel that the total cleansing of Severodonetsk had been completed. https://t.me/RKadyrov_95/2230

    "The fighters moved on to the next stage - a more thorough random check of individual urban objects," he wrote.

    The head of Chechnya also added that "the enemy in the city has been defeated," and the Russian Armed Forces are in control of the situation.

    https://ria.ru/20220531/severodonetsk-1792217097.html

    sepheronx, GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B and like this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 12706
    Points : 12764
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  PapaDragon Tue May 31, 2022 8:43 pm

    Serberus wrote:Ffs looks like the only way to ignore vann7 is to put everyone quoting him on ignore too
    Dudes literally a childish troll spouting the same garbage every day on repeat mode, worst poster here. Why you people keep trying to engage him in a serious convo is beyond me

    And nobody is trimming their quotes, everyone post quoted crap in full even though it’s AGAINST THE FORUM RULES!!! No

    GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK, Sprut-B, Eugenio Argentina and like this post

    limb
    limb


    Posts : 1359
    Points : 1385
    Join date : 2020-09-17

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  limb Tue May 31, 2022 9:58 pm

    Whats the reason that russian can't do a decapitation offensive through Lutsk or Rovno from the west belarussian border? Most of the ukrainian army is in the east, and Russia can freely move its troops through Belarus.

    Why did Lukashenko allow Russia to pass through chernobyl, but not attack west? Its dumb and counterproductive that russian can only attack from the Russo-Ukrainian border. If it was because Lukashenko wants to maintain an image of being neitral, Russia should tell him to **** off, since without russia he would've been Miloseviched.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 12706
    Points : 12764
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  PapaDragon Tue May 31, 2022 10:07 pm

    limb wrote:Whats the reason that russian can't do a decapitation offensive through Lutsk or Rovno from the west belarussian border? Most of the ukrainian army is in the east, and Russia can freely move its troops through Belarus....

    It would leave too many Nazis alive

    Killing them slow and steady will achieve far superior results than rushing the job

    Message needs to be sent

    Also you want Zelensky and his pals to leave after this and live large in France while Ukrops continue to live in shit



    GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, Sprut-B, Hole, lancelot and Podlodka77 like this post

    limb
    limb


    Posts : 1359
    Points : 1385
    Join date : 2020-09-17

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  limb Tue May 31, 2022 10:16 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    limb wrote:Whats the reason that russian can't do a decapitation offensive through Lutsk or Rovno from the west belarussian border? Most of the ukrainian army is in the east, and Russia can freely move its troops through Belarus....

    It would leave too many Nazis alive

    Killing them slow and steady will achieve far superior results than rushing the job

    Message needs to be sent

    Also you want Zelensky and his pals to leave after this and live large in France while Ukrops continue to live in shit




    War is about winning, not killing. Also stopping western weapons shipments. Also eviscerating the enemy behind the frontlines.
    The less territory Ukraine has unconquered, the more it resists.

    owais.usmani likes this post

    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov


    Posts : 3369
    Points : 3351
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue May 31, 2022 11:03 pm

    limb wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    limb wrote:Whats the reason that russian can't do a decapitation offensive through Lutsk or Rovno from the west belarussian border? Most of the ukrainian army is in the east, and Russia can freely move its troops through Belarus....

    It would leave too many Nazis alive

    Killing them slow and steady will achieve far superior results than rushing the job

    Message needs to be sent

    Also you want Zelensky and his pals to leave after this and live large in France while Ukrops continue to live in shit




    War is about winning, not killing. Also stopping western weapons shipments. Also eviscerating the enemy behind the frontlines.
    The less territory Ukraine has unconquered, the more it resists.

    Russians tried that, didn't work out well, they were easy to ambush and whatnot.

    Which is concerning, do they not have the ability to wage a multi front war?.

    There was indeed a clear lack of recon and air defense spread, and tbf to a point the Russians did try this with limited troops and you need hundreds od thousands for an operation to conduct a multi front war and Putin doesn't wanna issues a mobilization order.

    The active duty russian army simply doesn't have the manpower to conduct this type of war that is why hey are resigning themselves to this limited smaller scale push.

    The whole "do it slow and right" argument is pretty invalid, you can attack from Belo and create a second massive front while doing the war right and taking it slow but that requires manpower and the supporting equipment and one thing Vann says its actually semi true, the Russian simply don't have enough small recon drones for that.

    owais.usmani and lancelot like this post

    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk


    Posts : 2706
    Points : 2708
    Join date : 2021-12-08

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Arkanghelsk Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:46 am

    It has nothing to do with manpower or lack of drones

    The Russian army is big enough to conduct a massive operation as we saw in week 1 and 2

    Taking 50% of Ukraine in 2 weeks

    As far as drones, endless video footage exists of drones destroying ukrops

    For Russian army, fighting a nazi insurgency is better done In a localized theater where they come like bugs to a flame

    Not in Kiev or Kharkov where it is ideal for nazi ambushes

    It's better to pick the time and place of the fight

    Here our general staff is absolutely right to conduct the war this way

    Our army picks and chooses the time and place where the enemy dies

    In that way, the pace and direction of the battle is dictated by Russia

    And that has given success

    Outnumbered 1 to 3, Russia has dismantled an army of half a million men with NATO weaponry

    With minimal casualties and effective urban planning

    Ramadi and Fallujah are really incomparable to what Group V and O are doing in Mariupol, Severodonetsk, Liman, Izyum, and this not against taliban or militia, but a real fucking NATO army

    This is historic warfare that the US will try to emulate as well as China

    The US in particular is not good at occupation, and China has little to no experience except for korean war

    Russia is teaching how to do occupation


    Last edited by Arkanghelsk on Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total

    GarryB, Ispan, Sprut-B, Hole, lyle6, gc3762, lancelot and like this post

    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza


    Posts : 4099
    Points : 4097
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Big_Gazza Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:47 am

    Ispan wrote:Today's special report

    Stirling work as usual Ispan!! Big thank you for your efforts, and I'm sure that I speak for most forum regulars here when I say that thumbsup

    Thanks also for JohninMK who usually posts a translated version!! As an ex-Brit it's bloody good to see that not everyone in Old Blighty had succumbed to the rampant russophobic hatred that our corrupt ruling elites have been fermenting for more than a century.

    GarryB, psg, Werewolf, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Ispan, LMFS and like this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 12706
    Points : 12764
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  PapaDragon Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:12 am

    limb wrote:War is about winning, not killing....

    You win by killing

    Soviets tried to reinvent the wheel there back in WW2, ask them how it worked out in the long run (oh wait, you can't because they no longer exist)

    Side which stacks more enemy corpses will always win in the long run

    Hole likes this post

    Erk
    Erk


    Posts : 877
    Points : 888
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Empire of Lies

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Erk Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:19 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    You win by killing

    Soviets tried to reinvent the wheel there back in WW2, ask them how it worked out in the long run (oh wait, you can't because they no longer exist)

    Side which stacks more enemy corpses will always win in the long run


    Tell that to the 27million dead Russians in WWII more than any other stack of corpses yet Russia won.

    Your theory sux.

    limb likes this post

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon


    Posts : 12706
    Points : 12764
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  PapaDragon Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:55 am

    Erk wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    You win by killing

    Soviets tried to reinvent the wheel there back in WW2, ask them how it worked out in the long run (oh wait, you can't because they no longer exist)

    Side which stacks more enemy corpses will always win in the long run


    Tell that to the 27million dead Russians in WWII more than any other stack of corpses yet Russia won.

    Your theory sux.

    Read before replying

    You are supposed to stack enemy corpses not your own

    USSR "won" not Russia

    And then they went down the shitter while Germany endured

    Had they killed 27 million Germans as payback they would still be around and nobody would be jizzing themselves over fancy German cars because there wouldn't be any

    It would definitely give Soviet car brands a leg up

    But that ship has sailed 80 years ago, no need complaining now



    Leaving Nazis alive for the second time is just asking to get fucked over down the road, again

    Odin of Ossetia and Sprut-B like this post


    Sponsored content


    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17 - Page 22 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #17

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:20 pm