Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+79
Cyrus the great
Broski
billybatts91
psg
eridan
mr_hd
Ned86
jhelb
Karl Haushofer
ahmedfire
Airbornewolf
Odin of Ossetia
andalusia
11E
medo
limb
ludovicense
Mir
Stealthflanker
mnrck
Eugenio Argentina
Rodion_Romanovic
TMA1
owais.usmani
Scorpius
PhSt
LMFS
ult
GarryB
Pacense
lyle6
Ispan
mavaff
Belisarius
Arrow
Firebird
sundoesntrise
Serberus
d_taddei2
Erk
Dr.Snufflebug
calripson
Hinex1988
Big_Gazza
franco
VARGR198
GunshipDemocracy
Yugo90
walle83
caveat emptor
Azi
PapaDragon
Urluber
ATLASCUB
JohninMK
nomadski
Podlodka77
kvs
ucmvulcan
diabetus
par far
Hole
SolidarityWithRussia
lancelot
RTN
Sujoy
Werewolf
Isos
teh_beard
sepheronx
mnztr
SeigSoloyvov
Regular
MMBR
Arkanghelsk
flamming_python
zorobabel
George1
ALAMO
83 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:01 am

TASS; Military operation in Ukraine
    27 Apr, 12:22 (Updated 12:54)

The President of Bulgaria opposed the provision of military assistance to Ukraine

Rumen Radev said that this would mean a step towards bringing Bulgaria into the conflict

SOFIA, 27 April. /TASS/. Bulgarian President Rumen Radev, answering journalists' questions on Wednesday, spoke out categorically against providing military assistance to Ukraine.
    “There is a categorical no to the provision of military assistance to Ukraine. This would mean a step towards drawing Bulgaria into this conflict. Unfortunately, we see that calls for peace, for an early end to the conflict are gradually fading, and they are being replaced by militant rhetoric, calls for victory. But it is necessary to understand what the word "victory" means, if it means the self-destruction and economic liquidation of Europe, then I do not think that our countries should move in this direction," Radev said.

"Bulgaria should be part of the effort to bring peace and end the conflict. Prolonging the conflict would be detrimental in many ways," Radev added.

The President of Bulgaria also expressed doubts about the need for a government delegation headed by Prime Minister Kiril Petkov to visit Kyiv on Thursday. "The sovereign Bulgarian position is being formed in Sofia, there is no need for such a trip," he said.

https://tass.ru/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/14491951

GarryB, flamming_python, JohninMK, Sprut-B, LMFS, Hole, Yugo90 and Broski like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:09 am

That's kind of ridiculous as Bulgarian-sourced ammunition and weaponry is everywhere in VSU hands, and have been since 2014. Though I guess it's "inofficial", as in the Bulgarian state lets the CIA do the gun running through various shell companies there but the Bulgarian state pretends not to be involved.

Same goes for Syria etc. BG has been one of the main providers for the "moderate rebels", because BG is one of the few NATO countries that still actively produces a lot of weapons that can be put to immediate use by fighters familiar with Soviet-era stuff.

GarryB, markgreven, flamming_python, kvs, JohninMK, Sprut-B, LMFS and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:10 am

Croatia also apparently blocked Finnish and Swedish accession to NATO until issues in the Balkans are solved.
    I was kind of expecting something like this from Croatia though, their president earlier refused to blame Russia for the war.
    They don't want to be dragged into anything.

GarryB, Sprut-B, Yugo90 and Broski like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:14 am

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:That's kind of ridiculous as Bulgarian-sourced ammunition and weaponry is everywhere in VSU hands, and have been since 2014. Though I guess it's "inofficial", as in the Bulgarian state lets the CIA do the gun running through various shell companies there but the Bulgarian state pretends not to be involved.

Same goes for Syria etc. BG has been one of the main providers for the "moderate rebels", because BG is one of the few NATO countries that still actively produces a lot of weapons that can be put to immediate use by fighters familiar with Soviet-era stuff.

Ultimately if the CIA wants to buy new Bulgarian production then it's just another customer, and Bulgaria doesn't have to care where it ends up; Syria, the Ukraine, or whatever.
    The good news is that Bulgarian ammo is notoriously crap - the DNR forces were complaining that 2/5ths of the Bulgarian 40mm grenades they seized don't explode

But I take the Bulgarian statement as taking to mean that they don't want to send anything from their own actual reserves and stored equipment like other countries have done. Bulgaria has a good amount of older Soviet-era vehicles, so this is good news.

GarryB and JohninMK like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:17 am

Seems like 10 EU countries opened accounts in Russian banks to pay for energy in rubles. Ruble now trading at a 12 month high.

Yeah, there's an economy thread, but still.

edit: I missed that it was already mentioned on the previous page, my bad.

Last edited by Dr.Snufflebug on Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Big_Gazza, Odin of Ossetia, Sprut-B, Yugo90 and Broski like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:17 am

flamming_python wrote:Croatia also apparently blocked Finnish and Swedish accession to NATO until issues in the Balkans are solved.
    I was kind of expecting something like this from Croatia though, their president earlier refused to blame Russia for the war.
    They don't want to be dragged into anything.

Croatians ? Don't trust them at all! Here is what our most prominent Field Marshal Mišić said about them more than 100 years ago in his address to the king;

"- From everything I heard and saw, I deeply regretted that we were deceived by the power of God with some idea of ​​brotherhood and community… They all think alike, it's a world unto itself, no matter what suggestion you come up with… … ..
    Nothing can be bothered with, nothing that would be offered to her.
    I'm clear with that. Two things are inevitable for us: to completely secede from them, give them a state, independent self-government, so let them break their heads as they know how, and the second is, first of all, to establish a military administration in the country in twenty years. and economic growth, far from all political influences. If they can't do that, then secede, give them their state.

Borders will be where we draw them, and we will draw them not where our ambitions come to the surface, but where history and ethnography say; where he says the language and customs, tradition and finally where the people themselves choose of their own free will, so it will be right and dear to God.

And the Italians? Good luck to them. Let them make the Croats happy. I am deeply convinced that we will not be happy with them (with Croats) ... These people are all detachments, transparent as hours, insatiable and so false and hypocritical that I doubt that there are bigger scoundrels, deceived and selfish people on the globe.
    Do not forget Your Majesty, my words. If you don't do this, I'm sure you'll regret it."

Last edited by Podlodka77 on Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    SolidarityWithRussia

Post  SolidarityWithRussia Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:21 am

Before Zelensky's "great" offensive Borrell said this war can only be solved on the battlefield.
    After this great offensive Borrell starts thinking about rebuilding relations with Russia again.

Looks like the war is going very well for them. Suspect

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, Odin of Ossetia, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:27 am

Does anybody know (without revealing sensitive information) what is the maximum forces Russia could muster in the West/Ukraine if push came to shove? I mean very short term eg a week or 3, medium term eg a month or two and longer term say... 3 to 6 months.

I mean "reasonable forces". Also non-rotatable forces eg for a "final push".
    And also if they said right "If Japan try for the Kurils we will literally nuke them rather than respond conventionally".

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:39 am

🇷🇺🇺🇦🇺🇸⚡As a result of a long negotiation process, on April 27, Trevor Reed, sentenced to 9 years for attacking Russian policemen, was exchanged for pilot Konstantin Yaroshenko

Absolutely awesome

Hopefully Russia can exchange those two useless British mercs for two more pilots as well

sepheronx, GarryB, franco, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, Sprut-B and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:49 am

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14 - Page 9 Frvaa110
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14 - Page 9 Frvabt10
    More presents found
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14 - Page 9 Frviav10

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, JohninMK, Sprut-B, LMFS and like this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:54 am

flamming_python wrote:🇷🇺🇺🇦🇺🇸⚡As a result of a long negotiation process, on April 27, Trevor Reed, sentenced to 9 years for attacking Russian policemen, was exchanged for pilot Konstantin Yaroshenko

Absolutely awesome

Hopefully Russia can exchange those two useless British mercs for two more pilots as well

Send him back castrated, missing his fingers and shot in the knees.

Odin of Ossetia, Yugo90 and Broski like this post

JohninMK dislikes this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:03 pm

As for all those who are fighting for Zelensky, I have only one answer.

psg, Big_Gazza and Hole like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:07 pm

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:
    Dr.Snufflebug wrote:That ammunition depot they talk about, "near Staraya Nelidovka" - where the hell is that? Can't see anything on a map that resembles one. There's an old poultry farm there, but that's it.

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:

Still can't for the life of me figure out where that supposed ammunitions depot is located. Local authorities say the fire was put out rather quickly. Can't be a large depot, then.

Well, after digging through loads of local new pages and local social media, I think I've geolocated the "ammunition depot"

https://i.imgur.com/M6oBCWH.jpg

It is indeed that old abandoned farm (milk farm, not poultry), at approx 50.454949,36.493143.

It was for sale a couple of years ago.

Here is a drone video over it:
    https://disk.yandex.ru/i/US7F8qpepFl6dQ

So, has it been repurposed somehow, or what? Can't find any references to it having been purchased by the RU MoD or so. And why would they, they have plenty of purpose built ditto.

Just seems very odd to me.

edit: It is still for sale, apparently. What gives?

It is likely a temporary arms depot and not a long term storage facility.

franco, Arkanghelsk and Podlodka77 like this post

Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:10 pm

Reports from the last couple days. compiled an edited. I am at work so I can't post the maps, but I will add them later

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2022/04/27/noticias-de-la-guerra-27-04-22-informe-especial/

GarryB, markgreven, Firebird, dino00, kvs, JohninMK, MMBR and like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:10 pm

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:That's kind of ridiculous as Bulgarian-sourced ammunition and weaponry is everywhere in VSU hands, and have been since 2014. Though I guess it's "inofficial", as in the Bulgarian state lets the CIA do the gun running through various shell companies there but the Bulgarian state pretends not to be involved.

Bulgaria is a known CIA laundry money mole for years. ISIS was armed there either. It does not mean any political position, they would sell own mothers if paid.

franco, kvs, LMFS, Hole and Broski like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:11 pm

ucmvulcan wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:🇷🇺🇺🇦🇺🇸⚡As a result of a long negotiation process, on April 27, Trevor Reed, sentenced to 9 years for attacking Russian policemen, was exchanged for pilot Konstantin Yaroshenko

Absolutely awesome

Why?

You can't blame a shark for eating people in the water. Or any other animal. But if you consider yourself a human being you have to hold to certain standards

Besides, we need our pilots back sound and intact as well.

GarryB, Sprut-B and Yugo90 like this post

Odin of Ossetia dislikes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:14 pm

ALAMO wrote:

Bulgaria is a known CIA laundry money mole for years. ISIS was armed there either. It does not mean any political position, they would sell own mothers if paid.

Sure

But it's an indication that they're beginning to think about their own ass, rather than being used as more cannon fodder by the Anglo-American bloc

And that means others are as well
    ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:17 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    ucmvulcan wrote:

Absolutely awesome

Why?

You can't blame a shark for eating people in the water. Or any other animal. But if you consider yourself a human being you have to hold to certain standards

Besides, we need our pilots back sound and intact as well.

Because the West is the one pulling the strings in Ukraine and they have to learn what Ukraine does to its prisoners has consequences

Odin of Ossetia likes this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:21 pm

https://t.me/boris_rozhin/45436

Wehrmacht getting pounded in Maryinka

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Sprut-B, Hole, Yugo90, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:22 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Erk wrote:
    mnztr wrote:At this point shouldn't leadership of Ukraine become targets? Zelensky is an impediment at this point and at least the minsters around him should be targets...I mean...this is a war right?

Putin needs Zelensky to sign the surrender documents, else the rest of Westworld, that have built up Zelensky, wont see the surrender as legitimate. Trouble is, if Zelensky signs a surrender, the neo-Nazi's will kill him.

Zelensky will be in Poland long before any of that. There will be no-one to sign any documents.

But with the president out of Kiev, the seat of power is also vacant. Russia can simply pretend that he still matters while in reality taking over all the apparatus of the state.

I don't know what and who you are but you were crying about legality and morality of Operation Z and now you suggest logical, pragmatical and methods of the west Laughing Laughing

Maybe you have a shizophrenic mind or maybe you are just as opportunistic as our enemies.

Hole and Broski like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:25 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Erk wrote:
    mnztr wrote:At this point shouldn't leadership of Ukraine become targets? Zelensky is an impediment at this point and at least the minsters around him should be targets...I mean...this is a war right?

Putin needs Zelensky to sign the surrender documents, else the rest of Westworld, that have built up Zelensky, wont see the surrender as legitimate. Trouble is, if Zelensky signs a surrender, the neo-Nazi's will kill him.

Zelensky will be in Poland long before any of that. There will be no-one to sign any documents.

But with the president out of Kiev, the seat of power is also vacant. Russia can simply pretend that he still matters while in reality taking over all the apparatus of the state.

I don't know what and who you are but you were crying about legality and morality of Operation Z and now you suggest logical, pragmatical and methods of the west Laughing Laughing

Maybe you have a shizophrenic mind or maybe you are just as opportunistic as our enemies.

No I'm saying what will happen and given that there is only one option

And this is the only way to end the war, practically speaking. That or the Ukraine and its army of mercs taking over the apparatus of the state in Moscow instead.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:28 pm

Yaroshenko is not a military pilot

Yaroshenko was arrested by Americans years ago for "weapons and drug smuggling"

He was our agent and his exchange with Reed has nothing to do with the exchange of warfighters

This has to do with the US policy of kidnapping and arresting Russians before the war in Ukraine

sepheronx, GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, Odin of Ossetia, Yugo90 and Broski like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:30 pm

ucmvulcan wrote:Because the West is the one pulling the strings in Ukraine and they have to learn what Ukraine does to its prisoners has consequences

That will only escalate the cycle of barbarism. Which is what the Ukraine desperately wants, Russians to fit into its Goebells propaganda cliches.

In past ages this was inevitable, maybe even an effective method of war

These days with everything in the media spotlight, they who do these things are the ones who will start to lose support and sympathy

They want to dig themselves holes, let them. It will just motivate our guys not to surrender at any cost. Better to prime a grenade if you're surrounded.

While our forces want them to all surrender without any desperate last-stands, the mercs as well, because it will mean more destruction and more of our own lives lost. Hence, no torture.

GarryB and Sprut-B like this post

Odin of Ossetia dislikes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:31 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:Yaroshenko is not a military pilot

Yaroshenko was arrested by Americans years ago for "weapons and drug smuggling"

He was our agent and his exchange with Reed has nothing to do with the exchange of warfighters

This has to do with the US policy of kidnapping and arresting Russians before the war in Ukraine

Well that's a shame then
    Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:34 pm

The only good thing that comes from Ukraine .... I have to capture them ..

Firebird, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Hole, lyle6, Yugo90 and Broski like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:14 pm