Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+79
Cyrus the great
Broski
billybatts91
psg
eridan
mr_hd
Ned86
jhelb
Karl Haushofer
ahmedfire
Airbornewolf
Odin of Ossetia
andalusia
11E
medo
limb
ludovicense
Mir
Stealthflanker
mnrck
Eugenio Argentina
Rodion_Romanovic
TMA1
owais.usmani
Scorpius
PhSt
LMFS
ult
GarryB
Pacense
lyle6
Ispan
mavaff
Belisarius
Arrow
Firebird
sundoesntrise
Serberus
d_taddei2
Erk
Dr.Snufflebug
calripson
Hinex1988
Big_Gazza
franco
VARGR198
GunshipDemocracy
Yugo90
walle83
caveat emptor
Azi
PapaDragon
Urluber
ATLASCUB
JohninMK
nomadski
Podlodka77
kvs
ucmvulcan
diabetus
par far
Hole
SolidarityWithRussia
lancelot
RTN
Sujoy
Werewolf
Isos
teh_beard
sepheronx
mnztr
SeigSoloyvov
Regular
MMBR
Arkanghelsk
flamming_python
zorobabel
George1
ALAMO
83 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14

ALAMO

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14

Post  ALAMO Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:58 am

flamming_python wrote:Still, Transnistria is set on fire by Ukraine, which was joyfully confirmed by the "talking head" of the regime in Kyiv:

“If Moldova turns to Ukraine, then we can take control of Transnistria. The Armed Forces of Ukraine have enough forces for this,” Alexey Arestovich.

Oh yes, the new stuff arrived and seems they have tried it for the first time. Much stronger than the last delivery, they would mix it with sugar or something.

flamming_python, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14

Post  Serberus Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:59 am

ALAMO wrote:
    Serberus wrote:
    I think the withdrawal from the border areas RA held in the north east that connected them all the way down to Donbas and Kharkov was a mistake. They could have been easily defended , provided a buffer, and set up AD to deal with this shit before they even reached the Russian border.

You have a gram of idea, how much ridiculous do you sound? scratch

Great response, really well thought out

GunshipDemocracy likes this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:01 am

flamming_python wrote:
    Serberus wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:The Kremlin already issued a warning about striking decision centres. The warning has been ignored. It doesn't mean Russia is idle. They will follow through on their threat when a target and opportunity presents itself. A big juicy one. And no-one will have any right to cry about it

Now I don't want to hear any more about the 'Kremlin looking weak', idle threats, not following through, etc... a schedule is not provided to you, of when and where Russia should strike.

What should be fixed and immediately so however, are the anti-drone defenses in these territories. Crater any air defenses in neighbouring Ukrainian regions, and conduct air patrols for early warning and shoot-downs if necessary.

You can hide under your pillow if you want to ignore the truth, but the simple matter of it is, if you threaten to do something several times, and your enemy not only continues as before but ramps up attacks and also continues to attack civilians , yet to fail to retaliate each and every time and only continue with more threats, you sure as hell end up looking weak and indecisive.

I think the withdrawal from the border areas RA held in the north east that connected them all the way down to Donbas and Kharkov was a mistake. They could have been easily defended , provided a buffer, and set up AD to deal with this shit before they even reached the Russian border.

I think Russia has already proven it doesn't care how it looks

It just lets hard power do the talking. And those strikes will be carried out I'm confident. If you think the Ukrainians are idiots and haven't all based their generals and command centres on NATO territory or within civilian appartment blocs then you're naive. But every time such a target presents itself in the relative open, and they will - then it will be be struck without undue hesitation.

We've been over the withdrawal countless times. It's done. Now Russia has to set up a real no-fly zone on the border and past it, make sure no more drones slip through.

That’s my point, why bother threatening, just do and shut up.
    Drone managed to get 180km into Russia, a bit disappointing.
    Kiev withdrawal I have no issues with, but if someone has a valid tactical explanation  why the border areas were given up, feel free to enlighten me because I cant see them.

Last edited by Serberus on Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:04 am

More missiles hit that Zatoka bridge it seems.

Lots of renewed pushes on the Donbass front(s).

Still can't for the life of me figure out where that supposed ammunitions depot is located. Local authorities say the fire was put out rather quickly. Can't be a large depot, then.

Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, Broski and Serberus like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:06 am

RIA Novosti; 04/27/2022 10:53 AM (updated: 04/27/2022 10:59 AM)

Over the village of Kolbasna in the PMR (Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic), several Ukrainian drones were noticed at night

Over the village of Kolbasna in the PMR, several drones launched from the territory of Ukraine were noticed at night

TIRASPOL, April 27 - RIA Novosti. Over the village of Kolbasna, where military warehouses are located, several drones launched from the territory of Ukraine were seen at night, the press center of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the unrecognized Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic reported.
    "Last night, several drones were seen in the sky above the village of Kolbasna, Rybnitsa district. Aircraft were launched into the territory of Pridnestrovie from Ukraine," the Ministry of Internal Affairs said in a Telegram message. Earlier it became known that shots were fired from the territory of Ukraine in the direction of the Pridnestrovian village of Kolbasna.

The ammunition depot in the Transnistrian village of Kolbasna, located near the border with Ukraine, is one of the largest in Europe. On the territory of Transnistria, there is an operational group of Russian troops, which is the successor to the 14th combined arms army, which, after the collapse of the USSR, was transferred under the jurisdiction of Russia. The main tasks of the task force are a peacekeeping mission and the protection of ammunition depots. During a visit to Moldova in 2019, Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu took the initiative to remove or eliminate ammunition from warehouses in Pridnestrovie. However, the parties have not begun to develop a joint plan.

Transnistria, 60% of whose inhabitants are Russians and Ukrainians, sought secession from Moldova even before the collapse of the USSR, fearing that on the wave of nationalism, Moldova would join Romania. In 1992, after a failed attempt by the Moldovan authorities to solve the problem by force, Transnistria became virtually a territory not controlled by Chisinau.

Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Hole, Yugo90, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:13 am

Podlodka77 wrote:TASS; Military operation in Ukraine
    Apr 27, 09:33 (Updated 09:46)

The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation announced the destruction of a large batch of weapons from the US and the EU for the Armed Forces of Ukraine by "Caliber"
    Rocket troops and artillery of the Ground Forces of the Russian Federation, according to the agency, struck 573 targets during the night

MOSCOW, 27 April. /TASS/. The Russian army destroyed hangars with a large batch of foreign weapons and ammunition supplied by the United States and European countries for Ukrainian troops with Kalibr in Zaporozhye. This was announced on Wednesday by the official representative of the Russian Defense Ministry, Major General Igor Konashenkov.

There's a vid of it
    https://t.me/boris_rozhin/45203

And a photo
    https://t.me/boris_rozhin/45382

Was wondering why they were attacking a non-weapons factory in broad daylight.

Now it makes sense attack

And as a bonus, check this out, straight from Ukrainian Telegram channels

https://t.me/rezident_ua/11462
    All bases of activists and politicians were collected by the SBU, before the capture of the city, all servers were destroyed, but someone made backup copies and handed them over to the Russian military administration.
    The mayor of Kherson, Igor Kolykhaev, says that the database of all activists in Kherson, participants in the territorial defense and anti-terrorist operation has been completely leaked to the Russian military.

“They know everything about everyone from start to finish. To them, "well-wishers" completely leaked the database to all the activists who were in the city. They turned out to have personal files for each of my profile deputy, information conditionally from the wife's pedigree to the nickname of my beloved dog.

The same applies to the defense and Kherson combatants who were in Donetsk and Luhansk, data on where they live and what they own.

Now the National Guard and the FSB are completely here, they “process” activists, “work” for ATO officers. They know about everyone from beginning to end,” Kolykhaev said.

https://t.me/rezident_ua/11481
    ⚡⚡⚡#Inside
    Mi-6 warned the Office of the President that the Russian special services received data from the SBU database on all activists and participants in the territorial defense in Ukraine. After the entry of the Russian troops into the cities, there will be a cleansing and prosecution of all those on the lists, moles in the special services are the main problem for Bankova.

What a motherload. I heard about this but I thought it was only for the Kherson region. Turns out it's for all of the Ukraine. So Russia knows straight away who all these people are and where they live. Guess they'll have to settle to living in the forest, or moving away as Russian forces advance, if they're not willing to give themselves up.

Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy, littlerabbit, Sprut-B, Yugo90 and like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:18 am

#MOLDOVA
    In the Pridnestrovian village of Kolbasna, where the largest ammunition depots in Europe are located, an hour ago there was shooting near the Russian ammunition depots guarded by the Russian military. There are no victims.
    Details are being clarified.
    UkraineMaps

par far likes this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:20 am

flamming_python wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:TASS; Military operation in Ukraine
    Apr 27, 09:33 (Updated 09:46)

The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation announced the destruction of a large batch of weapons from the US and the EU for the Armed Forces of Ukraine by "Caliber"
    Rocket troops and artillery of the Ground Forces of the Russian Federation, according to the agency, struck 573 targets during the night

MOSCOW, 27 April. /TASS/. The Russian army destroyed hangars with a large batch of foreign weapons and ammunition supplied by the United States and European countries for Ukrainian troops with Kalibr in Zaporozhye. This was announced on Wednesday by the official representative of the Russian Defense Ministry, Major General Igor Konashenkov.

There's a vid of it
    https://t.me/boris_rozhin/45203

And a photo
    https://t.me/boris_rozhin/45382

Was wondering why they were attacking a non-weapons factory in broad daylight.

Now it makes sense attack

And as a bonus, check this out, straight from Ukrainian Telegram channels

https://t.me/rezident_ua/11462
    All bases of activists and politicians were collected by the SBU, before the capture of the city, all servers were destroyed, but someone made backup copies and handed them over to the Russian military administration.
    The mayor of Kherson, Igor Kolykhaev, says that the database of all activists in Kherson, participants in the territorial defense and anti-terrorist operation has been completely leaked to the Russian military.

“They know everything about everyone from start to finish. To them, "well-wishers" completely leaked the database to all the activists who were in the city. They turned out to have personal files for each of my profile deputy, information conditionally from the wife's pedigree to the nickname of my beloved dog.

The same applies to the defense and Kherson combatants who were in Donetsk and Luhansk, data on where they live and what they own.

Now the National Guard and the FSB are completely here, they “process” activists, “work” for ATO officers. They know about everyone from beginning to end,” Kolykhaev said.

https://t.me/rezident_ua/11481
    ⚡⚡⚡#Inside
    Mi-6 warned the Office of the President that the Russian special services received data from the SBU database on all activists and participants in the territorial defense in Ukraine. After the entry of the Russian troops into the cities, there will be a cleansing and prosecution of all those on the lists, moles in the special services are the main problem for Bankova.

What a motherload. I heard about this but I thought it was only for the Kherson region. Turns out it's for all of the Ukraine. So Russia knows straight away who all these people are and where they live. Guess they'll have to settle to living in the forest, or moving away as Russian forces advance, if they're not willing to give themselves up.

This is a fresh post from TASS. Hinex and I relayed the same news at the same time, at exactly 9:51 p.m. Very Happy
    Yes, Telegram is faster in sending video links and messages from the field, while TASS is a large agency waiting for confirmation from the Russian state leadership and the Russian army about an event, action, progress on the ground, etc.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, littlerabbit, Sprut-B, Broski and Serberus like this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:31 am

SolidarityWithRussia wrote:Someone who claims that Azov is not a Nazi battalion has sent me a link that supposedly proofs that.
    https://www.stopfake.org/uk/stara-pisnya-mizhnarodni-zmi-znov-zgaduyut-stari-fejki-pro-bataljon-azov-ta-neonatsizm-v-ukrayini/
    Although I do not trust that person, I wonder what to reply to him.

This is a lie that has no credibility internationally.

West Point Terrorism Research Unit says it is.
    The Simon Wiesenthal Nazi Hunter organisation says it is.
    The US wanted to ban weapons supplies to it as it was onsidered a "terrorist organisation" by them before Biden.
    Japan's govt considered it terrorist til ... last week on US govt pressure etc etc

The pro Russian half of the population has its political parties, its media, even public use of its language banned.
    But Azov are allowed BLack Sun, Swastika, Hitler portraits, sieg heiling and all the rest of the Nazi
    They have also advocated extreme violence and ethnic cleansing and atrocities such as massacres for 8 yrs. They also advocate racial "superiority" over "inferior races like the Mongolid Russians".

Similarly, those who don't see Hitler as their "Spiritual leader" are just as evil. THere are many nationalist elements who promote Bandera or even similar "current day" Fascist doctrines no different to Mussolini, Franco or whatever maggot.

The next lie they promote is that "Azov doesn't have much control". AGain a giant whopper.
    Azov are major city mayors, oblast governors, who advocate massacres and ethnic cleansing. Azov are
    govt ministers. They have separate "police battalions", security forces like the CIA, military regiments and control over many aspects of public life, inc child education. There are videos online of 4 yr olds at kids camps doing the sieg heil etc under the direction of adults eg kicking a Russian flag down the parade road etc.

Its much like Nazi Germany before 1932 when Hitler became chancellor. In 1930 German Nazi party numbers and  votes/members of parliament was small. But the organs of power were being taken over so force and intimidation could be used to destroy the democratic process and give a very thin veneer of "legitimacy".
    But its also much like Nazi Germany after 1932 because the organs of power are so controlled by Fascism.

For instance they say "Azov battalion was disbanded". But Azov actually grew hugely and took over the National Guard of around 66k internal military members. Likewise with other military and governmental groups. Biletsky is one govt figure who openly advocates crimes vs humanity and has much power, far beyond any bogus electoral situation.

Zelensky gives Nazis awards and names streets after Nazi figures like Bandera and openly says supporting fascism/Nazism is "cool". Clearly he is a US stooge and motivated by greed and fear and completely ignores his electoral promises or mandate.

Its the fact half the former country was gagged, jailed, terrorised, banned from making moderate electoral choices of even speaking publicly ie the pro Ru half. But the terrorist criminal half was allowed to take over.
    So the Ukraine (Azov AND many other groups) is clearly a Fascist state and needs to be smashed to pieces.

The person u are replying to is a troll and a POS.

GarryB, franco, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, littlerabbit and like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:28 am

They are falling like target drones. Shitty system for sure. And some want an air force exclusively of TB2.

sepheronx, Big_Gazza, kvs, starman, littlerabbit, Sprut-B, LMFS and like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:31 am

TASS; Military operation in Ukraine
    Apr 27, 11:14 am

The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation showed footage of the launch of Caliber missiles from the frigate of the Black Sea Fleet
    Cruise missiles hit Ukraine's military infrastructure

VIDEO LINK WHEN YOU OPEN THE PAGE. https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/14491015

MOSCOW, 27 April. /TASS/. The frigate of the Black Sea Fleet (BSF) of the Russian Federation performed a salvo launch of four Kalibr cruise missiles at the military infrastructure of Ukraine. This was reported on Wednesday in the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation.
    A video released by the agency shows four missiles being fired in succession from a surface ship.

"As part of the fulfillment of the tasks of a special military operation, the Russian Armed Forces delivered another strike with high-precision weapons at the military infrastructure of the Armed Forces of Ukraine," the ministry said, specifying that the crew of the Black Sea Fleet frigate carried out a salvo launch of four Kalibr cruise missiles at designated ground goals.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Serberus like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:36 am

TB2 shot down over Kursk
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14 - Page 8 FRVlrge-WQAU07-WX

Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:48 am

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:That ammunition depot they talk about, "near Staraya Nelidovka" - where the hell is that? Can't see anything on a map that resembles one. There's an old poultry farm there, but that's it.

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:

Still can't for the life of me figure out where that supposed ammunitions depot is located. Local authorities say the fire was put out rather quickly. Can't be a large depot, then.

Well, after digging through loads of local new pages and local social media, I think I've geolocated the "ammunition depot"

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #14 - Page 8 M6oBCWH

It is indeed that old abandoned farm (milk farm, not poultry), at approx 50.454949,36.493143.

It was for sale a couple of years ago.

Here is a drone video over it:
    https://disk.yandex.ru/i/US7F8qpepFl6dQ

So, has it been repurposed somehow, or what? Can't find any references to it having been purchased by the RU MoD or so. And why would they, they have plenty of purpose built ditto.

Just seems very odd to me.

edit: It is still for sale, apparently. What gives?

Last edited by Dr.Snufflebug on Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:05 pm; edited 4 times in total

kvs, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:50 am

🇷🇺⚡The FSB prevented sabotage at a transport facility in the Belgorod region. Detained two citizens of the Russian Federation - supporters of the Ukrainian Nazis. They are already confessing.
    https://t.me/intelslava/26940

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, Sprut-B, LMFS, Hole and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:50 am

The Bayraktars are a million dollars a piece

Quite cheap really, the Turks can pump out a lot of these things as long as the money keeps flowing in
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:55 am

flamming_python wrote:The Bayraktars are a million dollars a piece

Quite cheap really, the Turks can pump out a lot of these things as long as the money keeps flowing in

Doesn't seem to be the case since they are not used that much since the 2nd week of the war and Zelensky said yesterday thry have 0 impact on the war.

So shitty they now use them as suicide drones.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, littlerabbit, Sprut-B, Yugo90 and Broski like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:58 am

ISOS, I agree with you that Baryaktar is a bucket. Our president has already said that Erdogan told him, I quote Vučić, "Erdogan promised me that we would get them across the line." The West has raised propaganda about that Turkish karst with the aim of belittling Russian military technology first in Nagorno Karabakh and now in Banderistan.

Since we can no longer buy weapons from Russia, I would now buy everything from the "rice brothers", that is, from the Chinese; J-10C aircraft, CAIC Z-10 attack helicopters, ZTZ-99 tanks, PHL-03 multiple rocket launcher beast with a range of up to 130 km, Chengdu Pterodactyl I UAV's, etc. We have good howitzers, we don't need that.

Big_Gazza, littlerabbit and Broski like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:01 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:ISOS, I agree with you that Baryaktar is a bucket. Our president has already said that Erdogan told him, I quote Vučić, "Erdogan promised me that we would get them across the line." The West has raised propaganda about that Turkish karst with the aim of belittling Russian military technology first in Nagorno Karabakh and now in Banderistan.

Since we can no longer buy weapons from Russia, I would now buy everything from the "rice brothers", that is, from the Chinese; J-10C aircraft, CAIC Z-10 attack helicopters, ZTZ-99 tanks, PHL-03 multiple rocket launcher beast with a range of up to 130 km, Chengdu Pterodactyl I UAV's, etc. We have good howitzers, we don't need that.

Well, looking how those eastern countries are involved in this war, Russia will smash them hard after they take Ukraine. Baltics will be annexed. Then Romania will be destroyed which will create a natural land route to Serbia.

Big_Gazza, littlerabbit and Sprut-B like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:06 pm

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:

Apparently a field depot in an unoccupied farm.

GarryB, kvs and Arkanghelsk like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:17 pm

Isos wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:ISOS, I agree with you that Baryaktar is a bucket. Our president has already said that Erdogan told him, I quote Vučić, "Erdogan promised me that we would get them across the line." The West has raised propaganda about that Turkish karst with the aim of belittling Russian military technology first in Nagorno Karabakh and now in Banderistan.

Well, looking how those eastern countries are involved in this war, Russia will smash them hard after they take Ukraine. Baltics will be annexed. Then Romania will be destroyed which will create a natural land route to Serbia.

Although Serbia has solid relations with Romania, I am surprised by the politicians and the people there.
    The West's strongest weapon is definitely propaganda.
    I am sorry that De Gol's idea did not come true, that story "from Lisbon to Vladivostok".
    Unfortunately, ordinary people in the West only get what is served to them, and a good part of people accept that as a "factual" situation. Is Russia really a threat to one France where you live and for Paris, Marseille, Nice or Lyon ? I know you know it's not, but probably many French people think otherwise. And that is where the problem arises, the blinding of the broad masses.
    It seems that now everyone in Europe hates Russia except Serbia, Bulgaria, Greece and most likely Hungary. Bulgaria and Greece must not even shout, because they are obviously under a strong protectorate of the West and the NATO pact.

flamming_python, littlerabbit, Sprut-B, Hole, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

mavaff
    mavaff

Post  mavaff Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:47 pm

Great thread on why Ukraine will fail when trying to invade Transnistria.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1519061432549085184.html

zepia, VARGR198, littlerabbit, Hole, Yugo90 and Serberus like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:49 pm

Russia has no need to start a war with anyone, even if NATO did suddenly dissolve. For what?

In the Ukrainian case there was already a war and the peace treaty was not being adhered to, only further armament.

But getting another nation involved with its own forces in this mess, even unofficially, would be a very bad omen. Because the war and their own people dying will cause Banderarization and extremism under the masterful guidance of Washington and London.

GarryB and Podlodka77 like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:55 pm

mavaff wrote:Great thread on why Ukraine will fail when trying to invade Transnistria.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1519061432549085184.html

Good analysis

The Ukraine has 2 brigades there, professional ones, plus some other reserves it can pull in from the area. But it's not enough to achieve numerical superiority over Pridnestrovie nevermind the superiority needed for a successful advance.

If Moldova involves itself with Romanian volunteers then it will be a grinding series of battles; but the Ukrainians don't have the reserves or time for it anyway, and the operation would leave the whole Odessa region very exposed. The only possible goal of such an operation, other than trying to distract Russia from Krivoj Rog, would be to gain captives to exchange for the Avozsteel holdouts. But the Pridnestrovian military and the Russian garrison there are very far from helpless; it will just mean that the Ukrainians will open another front against themselves that would lead to them losing the better part of the few battle-ready brigades they have left.

Latest news is that Russian ships appeared off the horizon of Odessa again. Clearly Russia is responding to the Ukrainian feint with its own one about a landing party. But the Ukrainians can't afford to ignore the Russian landing party, as the best bluff is the one you're prepared to enact.

In short, it would be a dumb move for the Ukraine.

Last edited by flamming_python on Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB and Sprut-B like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:59 pm

🇪🇺🇷🇺⚡⚡10 European buyers of Russian gas have opened accounts with Gazprombank, and 4 have already paid for gas in rubles.

I have seen reports of Austria, Slovakia  and Hungary agreed to pay in Rubles any info on who the others may be?

GarryB, Big_Gazza, VARGR198, littlerabbit, Sprut-B, LMFS, Yugo90 and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:00 pm

Serberus wrote:🇪🇺🇷🇺⚡⚡10 European buyers of Russian gas have opened accounts with Gazprombank, and 4 have already paid for gas in rubles.

I have seen reports of Austria, Slovakia  and Hungary agreed to pay in Rubles any info on who the others may be?

Germoney

littlerabbit, Yugo90 and Serberus like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:59 am