Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+76
chinggis
11E
Karl Haushofer
Yugo90
teh_beard
owais.usmani
MMBR
Ispan
thegopnik
GunshipDemocracy
psg
ahmedfire
ult
caveat emptor
Ned86
Rodion_Romanovic
Sujoy
crod
LMFS
Airbornewolf
ludovicense
diabetus
wilhelm
Boshoed
Arrow
VARGR198
Odin of Ossetia
Broski
ArgentinaGuard
par far
pavi
kvs
GarryB
Hole
JohninMK
mavaff
Mir
SeigSoloyvov
Urluber
Hinex1988
RTN
ALAMO
lancelot
lyle6
TMA1
Scorpius
mnztr
mnrck
Krepost
Big_Gazza
Erk
Serberus
PhSt
Werewolf
ucmvulcan
ATLASCUB
nomadski
Firebird
Regular
Azi
littlerabbit
franco
sepheronx
Isos
Eugenio Argentina
PapaDragon
Podlodka77
Belisarius
limb
Arkanghelsk
Hannibal Barca
Dr.Snufflebug
flamming_python
Stealthflanker
d_taddei2
zorobabel
80 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

par far

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

Post  par far Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:06 pm

"According to a statement by the Russian Defense Ministry, one of the two Mi-8 helicopters that attacked a village in the Bryansk region yesterday was shot down by an S-400 system in the Chernihiv region."

https://t.me/intelslava/25325

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, Hole, lancelot, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 9 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12

Post  Podlodka77 Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:07 pm

littlerabbit wrote:I was thinking a lot about this "Moskva" battle cruiser thing...it could be 2 possible enemy attacks, with sea mines or with missiles. You can't control sea mines...but if it was missile attack, we have to ask why now, why not at the beginning of war? There is one explanation running around my mind and it could be connected with Mariupol. Roumors said that serious NATO/US military officiers are stranded/captured there. NATO countries tried to make a deal with Moscow, but Putin refused. Maybe this is NATO answer to that?!  dunno

The 3rd solution is actual malfunction of the old ship.

Anyhow, this is a big blunder to BSF command. If the cause of disaster is 1st or 2nd theory, the BSF command shouldn't let it's flagship running around so close to nazi positions...especially we all know it's old and not modernized. Considering it couldn't help much with denazification efforts, it's even more illogical to put "Moskva" there.

If it's the 3rd theory correct, BSF command is to blame again. What was inoperative ship doing in the battle zone?!

The point is, ship is not that important as more than 500 souls on it. Lives are always more important than some old ship.

But, since it is a war raging on Russian borders, those 500 sailors can man up 2 Gorshkovs frigates and a corvette. Considering Gorshkov class frigate is more potent than old Slava class cruiser, the calculus is quite clear. What if all or the most of those sailors got killed? study

Someone must take the resposibility for this enormous blunder.

What do you guys think?  I would appreciate any feed back on this issue.

Last time about "Moscow" on my part. Last greetings to "Moscow".
    This is a list of ships under construction. The USA is building 31 units with a total displacement of 389 thousand tons, China is building 34 units with about 338 thousand tons, while Russia is building 36 units with a total displacement of over 315 thousand tons ...
    So, the Russian Navy is not dead - on the contrary ..

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 9 18258210

GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs, Hole, lyle6, lancelot, Mir and like this post

par far

Post  par far Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:09 pm

"Among the prisoners in Ukraine there are military personnel of NATO countries, said Klimov, deputy head of the United Russia commission.

"We already have prisoners among the military personnel of NATO countries, we will show all this when we conduct trials, and the whole world will see what really happened," he said."

https://t.me/intelslava/25348

GarryB, kvs, JohninMK, Hole, lancelot, Mir, Broski and Urluber like this post

par far

Post  par far Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:10 pm

"Intelligence agency of Ukraine are planning a massive bloody terrorist attack in the center of Luhansk

The Ministry of State Security of the LPR revealed the plans of the Ukrainian side, calling on the inhabitants of the Republic to go to a rally on Theater Square.

Data have been obtained on the intention of foreign intelligence services to carry out a terrorist act at the time of the alleged mass gathering of people in the center of the capital of the Luhansk People's Republic.

https://t.me/intelslava/25370

GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs and Hole like this post

par far

Post  par far Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:12 pm

"Officers of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in skirts and berets flee from Ukraine

In Odessa, another officer of the Armed Forces of Ukraine was detained, who tried to enter Moldova in a woman's dress. The 26-year-old Ukrainian had a certificate of a military officer with him.

In the event that a young man declares his non-traditional orientation, he will be assigned to the Unicorn LGBT company of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, armed with rubber weapons and grease."

https://t.me/intelslava/25374?single

kvs, Hole, lancelot, Mir, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

par far

Post  par far Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:17 pm

Polite people came to the Sberbank Security Service in Berdyansk.

https://t.me/SIL0VIKI/46910

kvs, Hole and Podlodka77 like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:28 pm

par far wrote:Polite people came to the Sberbank Security Service in Berdyansk.

https://t.me/SIL0VIKI/46910

ha, must be Rosgvardia.
    Other country's scammers needs similar treatment, having full armed men coming to their buildings. Very Happy

kvs and Hole like this post

Urluber

Post  Urluber Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:32 pm

par far wrote:"Among the prisoners in Ukraine there are military personnel of NATO countries, said Klimov, deputy head of the United Russia commission.

"We already have prisoners among the military personnel of NATO countries, we will show all this when we conduct trials, and the whole world will see what really happened," he said."

So the trials are coming!
    Donetsk trials.
    Maybe international jury will be formed with representatives from Byelorus, China, Kazakhstan, Syria, Iran etc. investigating the crimes against humanity of butchers from Nazi Associates Treaty Organization (N.A.T.O.) countries.

GarryB, Firebird, d_taddei2, kvs, Hole, Broski and ucmvulcan like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:37 pm

par far wrote:"Among the prisoners in Ukraine there are military personnel of NATO countries, said Klimov, deputy head of the United Russia commission.

Why keep it secret then?

Post their names and photos right now otherwise I'm just gonna assume that they plan on releasing them for some negotiation bullshit as everyone expects

JohninMK, Odin of Ossetia and owais.usmani like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:39 pm

Scorpius wrote:https://t.me/SolovievLive/100938

Doomsday plane in the air

Good

Last thing they need is another case of getting caught with their pants down especially on strategic level

Odin of Ossetia likes this post

Urluber

Post  Urluber Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:48 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

Why keep it secret then?

Post their names and photos right now otherwise I'm just gonna assume that they plan on releasing them for some negotiation bullshit as everyone expects

They don't want to let nazis know who has been captured alive and who is dead. This way nazis are worse positioned to prepare counter information warfare operations for when the trials begin.
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:48 pm

For some reason i really worried about Kherson now.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:58 pm

It was not an invasion, it was a special military operation

So draw your own conclusions why this looks like a cluster ****

A firefighter designed the operation so there you go

Ropuchas, Moskvas, Helicopters , airfields all burning, of course the firefighter prepares to put out fire not to start them

A general needed to lead this INVASION, not a firefighting operation

Let's call it what it is, and not make clever people out of the clowns running this show

It's a WAR , everyone knows it except Putin and Shoigu

In war, you hit the enemy and you hit to kill

This is unbearable to watch

Shoigu belongs at EMERCOM , not MOD

Last edited by Arkanghelsk on Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hannibal Barca, Odin of Ossetia and owais.usmani like this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:58 pm

Unfortunately I get the feeling there were more atrocities committed by the Nazis (NATO and Banderite) than the Ru govt originally thought.

Sure you can execute the Banderastani war criminals. But the ringleaders were also in NATO govts.
    The question then becomes.. how do you apply justice to those vermin?

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza and Odin of Ossetia like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:08 pm

https://t.me/swodki/70367

Hitting factories with kalibr in Kiev

d_taddei2, kvs and Urluber like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:10 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 9 Fqya-810
    Kramatorsk
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 9 Fqyva610
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 9 Fqyvjv10
    Ilyich factory

d_taddei2, par far, Big_Gazza, kvs, VARGR198, lancelot, Mir and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:12 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:

Ropuchas, burning,

I thought that it has escaped, albeit on fire and it was an Alligator that burnt to death.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:14 pm

Huge amount of work for scrap metal teams is coming up.

Big_Gazza, kvs and Mir like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:22 pm

littlerabbit wrote:I was thinking a lot about this "Moskva" battle cruiser thing...it could be 2 possible enemy attacks, with sea mines or with missiles. You can't control sea mines...but if it was missile attack, we have to ask why now, why not at the beginning of war? There is one explanation running around my mind and it could be connected with Mariupol. Roumors said that serious NATO/US military officiers are stranded/captured there. NATO countries tried to make a deal with Moscow, but Putin refused. Maybe this is NATO answer to that?!  dunno

The 3rd solution is actual malfunction of the old ship.

Anyhow, this is a big blunder to BSF command. If the cause of disaster is 1st or 2nd theory, the BSF command shouldn't let it's flagship running around so close to nazi positions...especially we all know it's old and not modernized. Considering it couldn't help much with denazification efforts, it's even more illogical to put "Moskva" there.

If it's the 3rd theory correct, BSF command is to blame again. What was inoperative ship doing in the battle zone?!

The point is, ship is not that important as more than 500 souls on it. Lives are always more important than some old ship.

But, since it is a war raging on Russian borders, those 500 sailors can man up 2 Gorshkovs frigates and a corvette. Considering Gorshkov class frigate is more potent than old Slava class cruiser, the calculus is quite clear. What if all or the most of those sailors got killed? study

Someone must take the resposibility for this enormous blunder.

What do you guys think?  I would appreciate any feed back on this issue.

The plant which makes Neptun missiles in Kiev was taken out last night. So I think it's pretty clear that the Ukrainian version of events is accurate.

As for why it was done - I think it's more related to the wider Donbass operation than to Mariupol. NATO and the Ukraine is attempting to throw off the Donbass encirclement at all costs. This is what's behind the increased activity near Kherson too. Trying to get Russia to divert more troops.

And Russia doesn't have 2 spare Gorshkovs and a corvette to assign those sailors to and won't for a while. The smartest thing to do would be to reform those sailors into a naval infantry or coastal defense battalion, offer all the conscripts contracts and fill in any unfilled positions with contract servicemen - and then send them to a less active area of the front around the Kherson region.
    par far

Post  par far Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:25 pm

Hole wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 9 Fqya-810
    Kramatorsk
    Ilyich factory

The Russians are following their plans, they went soft into Ukraine. The original plan was to go in soft and see the how the Ukrainian people and the Ukrainian military would respond.

After seeing the response, Russia may go onto to the plan they had in case that plan did not work(Russia probably has back up plans for every plan) and go harder and with the bombing of these plants and videos of dead Ukrainian/Nazis/western mercenaries, it looks like Russia is going harder.

Another thing that is happening is that the Ukrainian military or what is left of it, is running out of soldiers and western mercenaries might now want to come and die for nothing. This is why the Ukrainians are sending kids aged 14- 17 into war.

There so many arm chair generals on here(this is not directed at you Hole) and on the internet in general, thinking they have know the Russian plans. The funny thing about these internet arm chair generals is that they most likely have never fired an assaults rifle in their life, let alone be involved in a actual conflict.

Last edited by par far on Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:33 pm; edited 5 times in total

GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs, zepia and pavi like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:26 pm

Stealthflanker wrote:For some reason i really worried about Kherson now.

The Ukrainians, even with all reinforcements from Odessa, who have been largely untouched by the conflict and still have their tanks, armored vehicles and professional soldiers - would not have the fire superiority to achieve a successful advance. Russia has air superiority in the area, albeit conditional. It also has plenty of artillery.

They can contest villages, do local counter-attacks, and conduct some partisan actions
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:27 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:The fucking ship has reduced our patience. Let's move on, people. russia
    MIR, there is no need to argue about the little things. I think you're an OK guy.
    And where s that AMERI-****, RTN ?
    This is his "American" vision of the future.

Will you stop acting like a child lashing out?
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:29 pm

It was very stupid to send it that far from Crimea in the first place.

They had no need for it to secure space around Odessa.

It would be nice for them if they capture Nikolaiev and take that 4th Slava and modernize it. Super Gorshkov won't come anytime soon and they need such ship in the north to face NATO.

Rumours are that they will declare full war after this and the strike on russian territory very soon. They may mobilize more troops and resercivist which would help for holding the terrain in defensi e positions while regular army jeep pushing.

Odin of Ossetia likes this post

pavi

Post  pavi Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:43 pm

par far wrote:
    Hole wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #12 - Page 9 Fqya-810
    Kramatorsk
    Ilyich factory

The Russians are following their plans, they went soft into Ukraine. The original plan was to go in soft and see the how the Ukrainian people and the Ukrainian military would respond.

After seeing the response, Russia may go onto to the plan they had in case that plan did not work(Russia probably has back up plans for every plan) and go harder and with the bombing of these plants and videos of dead Ukrainian/Nazis/western mercenaries, it looks like Russia is going harder.

Another thing that is happening is that the Ukrainian military or what is left of it, is running out of soldiers and western mercenaries might now want to come and die for nothing. This is why the Ukrainians are sending kids aged 14- 17 into war.

There so many arm chair generals on here(this is not directed at you Hole) and on the internet in general, thinking they have know the Russian plans. The funny thing about these internet arm chair generals is that they most likely have never fired an assaults rifle in their life, let alone be involved in a actual conflict.

I do agree many thigs you are saying. I have shot assault rifle RK-62 (copy of kalashnikov) and I know how to shoot small caliber or high caliber mortar (81 mm & 120mm rexpectively) eventhough I'm civilian (reservist as a matter of fact). I haven't been in any sort of crisis. Still I'm standing behind Clausewitzh words which implies that war cannot fight to be nice. At the end of the day, the enemy WILL FORCE YOU to be as cruel and unforgiven as it is.

GarryB, d_taddei2 and Odin of Ossetia like this post

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:47 pm

It looks like the American loitering Switchblade drones have arrived on the Donbass front. Two were used today in fighting:

https://twitter.com/RWApodcast/status/1514991506486181899

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:02 am