Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+72
SolidarityWithRussia
littlerabbit
klahtinen
TMA1
andalusia
PhSt
pavi
George1
Big_Gazza
Rodion_Romanovic
0nillie0
jhelb
Werewolf
lancelot
Scorpius
zorobabel
Erk
Eugenio Argentina
d_taddei2
Ispan
mnztr
franco
Pacense
ArgentinaGuard
GarryB
nomadski
Kiko
Hinex1988
ATLASCUB
owais.usmani
sepheronx
ucmvulcan
Odin of Ossetia
limb
LMFS
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
kvs
magnumcromagnon
billybatts91
ludovicense
Broski
par far
Podlodka77
GunshipDemocracy
JohninMK
flamming_python
Azi
Hannibal Barca
mr_hd
psg
Mir
Singular_Transform
Sujoy
Firebird
SeigSoloyvov
Isos
ALAMO
VARGR198
Belisarius
RTN
Hole
Stealthflanker
miketheterrible
Arkanghelsk
Arrow
lyle6
Dr.Snufflebug
Walther von Oldenburg
Airbornewolf
Serberus
Regular
mavaff
76 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 14 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:57 pm

Yuri Podоlyaka's channel has been banned for 7 days. In the West, they have started to ban the very watched channels of ordinary people, who have many followers. Yuri Podolyaka now publishes on this channel.

sepheronx, franco, magnumcromagnon, par far, kvs, LMFS and ucmvulcan like this post

par far

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 14 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

Post  par far Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:59 pm

"The crew of the Bastion coastal missile system from the Black Sea coast launched two Onyx high-precision missiles at designated ground targets on the territory of Ukraine — Russian Defense Ministry."

https://t.me/intelslava/24457

Arrow, Big_Gazza and Hole like this post

par far

Post  par far Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:02 pm

"Military commissar Semyon Pegov publishes aerial photography of the port of Mariupol.  It is there that the remnants of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and the National Battalions on the western flank are now retreating."

https://t.me/intelslava/24462

That is a decent looking plant, once the city is captured in full, Russia proably plans to fix it up and put it back into operation.

sepheronx, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, Yugo90 and Podlodka77 like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:20 pm

https://m.vk.com/video-206639135_456250180

Su 25 VKS Very Happy

Last edited by Arrow on Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:22 pm

Only the 3K60 BAL coastal missile system has not been used to hit targets in the former Ukraine. All in all, I think that if the Onyx coastal missile system is already capable of hitting targets on the ground, it could be BAL as well. Time will tell whether I am right or not.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 14 Parade10

Big_Gazza and Urluber like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:24 pm

par far wrote:"The crew of the Bastion coastal missile system from the Black Sea coast launched two Onyx high-precision missiles at designated ground targets on the territory of Ukraine — Russian Defense Ministry."

and i see people claiming that as a sign of Russian runs out of missiles that they now have to use antiship mssile for land attack. Boy, such myth runs deeps eh.  They really-really dont want to see Russia use Precision munitions.

Podlodka77 wrote:Only the 3K60 BAL coastal missile system has not been used to hit targets in the former Ukraine. All in all, I think that if the Onyx coastal missile system is already capable of hitting targets on the ground, it could be BAL as well. Time will tell whether I am right or not.

You right, Egyptian MiG-29M's already use Kh-35 missile against ground target in Libya. There is no reason Bal cannot do that. It's just a matter of whether it has the range or whether it's deployed in Crimea or not.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Yugo90 and Urluber like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:36 pm

Stealthflanker wrote:
    You right, Egyptian MiG-29M's already use Kh-35 missile against ground target in Libya.  There is no reason Bal cannot do that.  It's just a matter of whether it has the range or whether it's deployed in Crimea or not.

A couple of years before the Syrian campaign some idiot on The Drive I believe, wrote that Russia does not have any smart weapons capabilities. The Syrian campaign debunked that myth. The one thing that this conflict proved beyond any doubt is the extreme accuracy of the different types of precision weapons in the Russian arsenal. We have seen footage of cruise missile strikes, the Iskanders, Bastions and Oniks en Kitolovs and Krasnopols etc. etc. and they all proved to be super accurate. NATzo do have something to chew on.

GarryB, xeno, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, Hole, Autodestruct and Urluber like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:40 pm

Stealthflanker wrote:
    par far wrote:"The crew of the Bastion coastal missile system from the Black Sea coast launched two Onyx high-precision missiles at designated ground targets on the territory of Ukraine — Russian Defense Ministry."

and i see people claiming that as a sign of Russian runs out of missiles that they now have to use antiship mssile for land attack. Boy, such myth runs deeps eh.  They really-really dont want to see Russia use Precision munitions.

Podlodka77 wrote:Only the 3K60 BAL coastal missile system has not been used to hit targets in the former Ukraine. All in all, I think that if the Onyx coastal missile system is already capable of hitting targets on the ground, it could be BAL as well. Time will tell whether I am right or not.

You right, Egyptian MiG-29M's already use Kh-35 missile against ground target in Libya.  There is no reason Bal cannot do that.  It's just a matter of whether it has the range or whether it's deployed in Crimea or not.

I think that the range of the H-35U missile is up to 260 km, although the Russians stated that the missile was tested at greater distances. In any case, from the direction of Crimea, it is possible to carry out strikes safely to Dnepropetrovsk, Zaporozhye, Nikolaev.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon and Hole like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:41 pm

Snickered.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 14 7nZBAu5

GarryB, Firebird, Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, kvs and like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:42 pm

Firebird wrote:A few decades ago, NATO putting Nazis in control of the Ukraine would mean nuclear war.
    I sometimes wonder, if Russia's conventional army was weaker... the nuclear threat would be stronger, and the American demons might have tried less evil.
    Its a dangerous belief... but  we are not dealing with rational characters.

It is just the other way around and the reason why Russia has been reinforcing their conventional deterrence. You cannot wage a war or have any kind of escalation control just with nuclear forces and that opens you to attacks through proxy like we are seeing.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza and Hole like this post

VARGR198
    VARGR198

Post  VARGR198 Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:44 pm

GarryB, Big_Gazza and kvs like this post

JohninMK dislikes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:50 pm

So the French colonial meddling in Africa is merely puppet theater. The masters of the universe are the Americans.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, Hole, jon_deluxe and Podlodka77 like this post

par far

Post  par far Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:00 pm

People in Europe will get annoyed of Ukrainians quickly.

"In the Czech Republic, activists blocked traffic and unfurled banners with the Ukrainian flag

However, not all drivers appreciated the performance of the protesters and immediately showed where their place is."

https://t.me/smotri_media/11539

Big_Gazza, VARGR198, LMFS, Hole and 11E like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:02 pm

So it was the Russian column that was destroyed Shocked , or the or the propaganda of Ukraine. How do You judge from the destroyed equipment to whom it belonged? What do you think about it?

Last edited by Arrow on Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:03 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:Yuri Podоlyaka's channel has been banned for 7 days. In the West, they have started to ban the very watched channels of ordinary people, who have many followers. Yuri Podolyaka now publishes on this channel.

PiWXKS0XVYY

None of the videos put out by Podolyaka violate any terms of service. Clearly the west is now an Orwellian toilet where
    information that does not conform to Big Brother's agenda is suppressed.

Naturally promotion of pedophilia and child genital mutilation is perfectly OK for YouCrap since it conforms to Big Brother's
    agenda.

Next time some clown tells you about Russia state run "propaganda" media you can laugh in their face.

sepheronx, dino00, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, VARGR198, LMFS, Hole and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:05 pm

VARGR198 wrote:US LT GEN captured

THIS HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED

sepheronx, flamming_python, Odin of Ossetia and lancelot like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:05 pm

Arrow wrote:So it was the Russian column that was destroyed Shocked , or the or the propaganda of Ukraine. How do You judge from the destroyed equipment to whom it belonged?

vE4UiAcRXzw

The colour of the tracked AA system tells me that this is Ukr equipment. Painting on a "Z" does not make it Russian.

sepheronx, psg, flamming_python, Arrow, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, JohninMK and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:08 pm

Arrow wrote:So it was the Russian column that was destroyed Shocked , or the or the propaganda of Ukraine. How do You judge from the destroyed equipment to whom it belonged? What do you think about it?

Been there a while, look at the rust.

Big_Gazza and Mir like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:11 pm

JohninMK wrote:We need a Seig comment on these comments by a former Seal Team 6 Assault Commander?

Chuck Pfarrer
    @ChuckPfarrer
    · 22h
    Replying to @RALee85
    FILMING A FAKE SURRENDER: Russian sources claim that 267 Ukrainian Marines have surrendered in Mariupol, and they have the video.   But the uniforms are too clean. Nobody is wounded. No one needs a shave, &  the t-shirts are all wrong.  A Navy SEAL explains why this is bogus.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 14 FPiVTvSXEAYH2i-?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Okay my opinion since you asked is this.

1. The uniforms being clean: This is a bit odd honestly if you are surrounded and under constant attack you aren't going to be able to use a washing machine and when in combat you will be laying on the ground, crawling through dirt etc, maybe the uniforms are dirty but its blending into the clothing or simply bad quality of video, but this is a point I can understand why they are making it

2. Anyone in the military knows how to shave in the field, it takes minutes to do. So that point was moronic and inaccurate.

3. By tea shirts he means under standard undershirts for their uni's some of them are wrong that is true but this in the field, they will be using what they have vs whats proper again another inaccurate point.

Onto the image

1. The Marines would not be wearing their berets in combat...What kinda seal wouldn't know this?

2. Far as I can tell all weapons were removed which is all you really need to do, even in Syria or Afghan etc when we captured someone rarely did we take very single thing off them just any lethal instrument.

3. These men look like they have been freshly captured so there would be no time to label them until your in a more secure area, this looks like the transport process where they will relocate and ID them etc

4. Camera operator could have dropped the camera or it auto transitioned to a different frame angle, numerous ways to explain that.

5. This would depend on when they were captured and if the russians separated the injured from the rest, again there are reasonable excuses as to why no one is hurt, though I do understand the point in this one. But I'd need more info to judge it.

6. Pouch was likely already searched and just closed back up, really silly thing to say.

Final Conclusion? there are some elements odd here that do not match what men who have been fighting for over a week would have but there are reasonable excuses for that and unless more information. is given, I'd personally say its real.

I highly doubt a Navy seal actually said any of this, just someone claiming it to try and make their point more legit

GarryB, Werewolf and JohninMK like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:17 pm

Gleb Bazov
    @gbazov
    ·
    3h
    #MARIUPOL—Breathe easy, #Levoberezhny (#LeftBank) district, the last nest of #Azov on the eastern bank of #Kalmius is gone. #DNR #Russia #Donbass

Russians With Attitude
    @RWApodcast
    ·
    2h
    Mamuka Mamulashvili, commander of the "Georgian National Legion" in Ukraine: "Yes, we tie their hands and feet sometimes. I speak for the Georgian Legion, we will never take Russian soldiers prisoner. Not a single one of them will be taken prisoner."

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, LMFS and Mir like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:19 pm

Further to the comment up thread.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, lancelot and Mir like this post

Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:20 pm

par far wrote:People in Europe will get annoyed of Ukrainians quickly.

"In the Czech Republic, activists blocked traffic and unfurled banners with the Ukrainian flag

However, not all drivers appreciated the performance of the protesters and immediately showed where their place is."

https://t.me/smotri_media/11539

I am already annoyed. Both in my country and in the country where I work and pay taxes they already are too much annoying.

In my own country (Italy) we still have displaced people because of the 2009 earthquake and the various government did very little for them, but now they take our taxpayers money (not mine directly but from my family and friends) to buy weapons for the ukrianians and to help the refugees. Let's not talk about the country where I pay taxes... (I would have never thought that I would have missed Frau Merkel)...

By the way, a few days ago I got quite annoyed by a Moldovan colleague that was complaining about Russia... (I believe she has relatives in the Ukraine) and saying the usual bullshit about the first war in the middle of Europe and so close to us..

I replied her that ucraine is not in the middle of Europe, that the war there actually started 8 years ago and that I remember the wars in Serbia and later in Libya, that are both countries quite close to Italy and that the chaos in Libya made by France and America had a lot of negative consequences for all of Europe.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, par far, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, JohninMK and like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:46 pm

jhelb wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:There is some members saying it wasn't a su-35 and some saying it is, it's a bit of a debate. I posted a link a couple of pages back with an article saying it was taken down by a upgraded version of SA-3/ S-125
    Ukro Nazi's S-300 was destroyed so they are only left with BUK.

Maybe all the Russian fighter were shot down with BUK including the Su 34 and Su 27.

Ukraine still has quite a few systems left yes S-300 it seems are very few if none at all, but OSA, Strela 10, Sa-3, BUK, zsu-23-4 and any other of the older systems could still be lurking around. What we do know is that they are hiding systems and using them in pop up attacks. And they still have 1,000's of MANPADS of various types western and Soviet, and they must have hundreds of various AA guns although these most likely being used in ground support role.

Last edited by d_taddei2 on Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

flamming_python, Big_Gazza and JohninMK like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:46 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:
    I think that the range of the H-35U missile is up to 260 km, although the Russians stated that the missile was tested at greater distances. In any case, from the direction of Crimea, it is possible to carry out strikes safely to Dnepropetrovsk, Zaporozhye, Nikolaev.

Last figure was 500+km. They seem to have upgraded it with new fuel and new engines. It is a few months old news so it's harfly in production yet.

Kh-35U is the unified missile that can be launched by any plateform. They already used it from su-34 against ground targets in Syria.

It's a good thing to have a groubd attack back up but frankly kh-59 is way better for such targets. Abti ship warheads are less effective agaibst ground targets. They are semi-piercing charges, it's a big warhead and around it you have plenty of shaped charges to create holes in a ship and burn it. For ground targets you need lot of explosives.

However the advantage of the kh-35 over the kh-59 is the truck mounted launcher with 16 missiles. Huge amount of missiles, lot of launchers and it's very cheap and easy yo use since you don't need planes for it. With 500km range missiles it can cover neighbour enemies pretty easily and allow to target 64 for targets at once.

jon_deluxe and Podlodka77 like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:57 pm

0nillie0 wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell says the EU has given €35bn to Putin in energy payments since the start of the war, compared to €1bn given to Ukraine in arms and weapons

lol!

The EUCO president Charles Michel says that sanction measures on oil or gas will be needed "sooner or later"

EU_Commission president Ursula says "we have to look into oil"
    but did not mention gas

Please provide sources whenever possible. Thanks in advance.

I don't normally provide links for general news as this is everywhere in western media quick Google shows multiple sources. Unless it's highly significant news, or has videos or pics then I post links, also it's it's appeared only in eastern media as west tends to censor certain news. But this posted by Western media and isn't big big news but it is funny. We have also had issues on the site that certain links or too many links disrupt the forum

But as requested

https://www.euronews.com › eu-has...
    EU has spent €35bn on Russian energy since the war began and just €1bn on ...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dw.com/en/eus-michel-ban-on-russian-oil-gas-imports-needed-sooner-or-later-live-updates/a-61373251

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.republicworld.com/amp/world-news/russia-ukraine-crisis/eus-charles-michel-hints-at-additional-sanctions-on-russian-oil-and-gas-sooner-or-later-articleshow.html&ved=2ahUKEwi_3KSF9P_2AhVbQvEDHWzPBC8QFnoECAMQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0NRurQAR7IcODsOJ-VF5Zs

par far, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, 0nillie0 and Hole like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:34 am