Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+72
SolidarityWithRussia
littlerabbit
klahtinen
TMA1
andalusia
PhSt
pavi
George1
Big_Gazza
Rodion_Romanovic
0nillie0
jhelb
Werewolf
lancelot
Scorpius
zorobabel
Erk
Eugenio Argentina
d_taddei2
Ispan
mnztr
franco
Pacense
ArgentinaGuard
GarryB
nomadski
Kiko
Hinex1988
ATLASCUB
owais.usmani
sepheronx
ucmvulcan
Odin of Ossetia
limb
LMFS
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
kvs
magnumcromagnon
billybatts91
ludovicense
Broski
par far
Podlodka77
GunshipDemocracy
JohninMK
flamming_python
Azi
Hannibal Barca
mr_hd
psg
Mir
Singular_Transform
Sujoy
Firebird
SeigSoloyvov
Isos
ALAMO
VARGR198
Belisarius
RTN
Hole
Stealthflanker
miketheterrible
Arkanghelsk
Arrow
lyle6
Dr.Snufflebug
Walther von Oldenburg
Airbornewolf
Serberus
Regular
mavaff
76 posters

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

    Hole
    Hole


    Posts : 8433
    Points : 8421
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 46
    Location : Scholzistan

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

    Post  Hole Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:01 pm

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Fpkvfa10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Fpkvfa11
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Fpkvfa12

    GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs and Serberus like this post

    Hole
    Hole


    Posts : 8433
    Points : 8421
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 46
    Location : Scholzistan

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

    Post  Hole Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:01 pm

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Fpj3ge10
    Laughing Laughing
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Fpj01810
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Fpkwpr10

    sepheronx, GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza and like this post

    Hole
    Hole


    Posts : 8433
    Points : 8421
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 46
    Location : Scholzistan

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

    Post  Hole Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:02 pm

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Tor-m210
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Tor-m211
    Drone going down
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Tor-m212

    GarryB, Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, LMFS and Podlodka77 like this post

    Hole
    Hole


    Posts : 8433
    Points : 8421
    Join date : 2018-03-24
    Age : 46
    Location : Scholzistan

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

    Post  Hole Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:03 pm

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Fpik1m10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Pancir11
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Ukr_ki13

    GarryB, Werewolf, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia and like this post

    Broski
    Broski


    Posts : 490
    Points : 492
    Join date : 2021-07-12

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

    Post  Broski Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:15 pm

    Does anyone know how much Russian servicemen receive in combat pay during this special operation? Also, how much does the family of those who are KIA receive?
    avatar
    Regular


    Posts : 3498
    Points : 3478
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Fuck war

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

    Post  Regular Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:26 pm

    Video from the dark side



    First time I am seeing ATGM usage against helicopters. So far Stugna and other domestic systems look like the main threat to Russians, not NLAWs and not Javelins as you can detect their operators fairly easily. Operators of Ukrainian ATGMs seem to be either in the bunkers or far away, up to 100 meters from the launcher. It's not a fire and forget system, it's much more dangerous in my opinion. Anything but artillery strike on ATGM positions won't be enough. The launcher itself would be invisible up until the launch, there's no delay or cooling time needed as in Javelin, it can be camouflaged easily.

    Belarusian Shershen is even more capable in this scenario. And I think Belarusians have said they are working on remote control units for Konkurs ATGMs. Is there any Russian equivalent to this?

    Broski likes this post

    avatar
    ArgentinaGuard


    Posts : 343
    Points : 345
    Join date : 2022-02-27

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

    Post  ArgentinaGuard Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:27 pm

    Podlodka77 wrote:
    ATLASCUB wrote:Stupidity knows no bounds. Folks still thinking Russia has any chance at the info war and that there is a chance of success if they do x or y and play some 5D chess. Playing not to lose guarantees you'll lose.

    It's not all about propaganda, Atlasclub.
    If the United States was on the border with China, China would grind them to pieces.
    I think that neither the West nor Russia are as well organized as China. You have an example of the Covid-19 and how quickly the Chinese solved that problem. What I think about the Western policy of intimidation, belittling, blackmail, hypocrisy, I have already written. Everyone in the world knows that the West is an empire of lies, and they know that in the West itself. The whole "Western civilization" and the whole "free world" (sounds very hypocritical and quite fascist), together with Russia and the former USSR states, have fewer inhabitants than the People's Republic of China.

    I honestly think that the United States and Russia have an advantage over China only in terms of submarines, nuclear arsenal, and that's about it.
    I think we will hear more and more about China in the coming period. To me, the Chinese act like biological robots, humans, yes, but organized like robots. India can NEVER be like China. The yellow race is different, it is fanatical and consistent in achieving its goals. The Indians seem pliable to me and I see that it is possible to manipulate them. With China? No way! Everyone around World War II is talking about "powerful" Germans, even though Japan was NOT defeated in the conventional war.
    Everyone around this conflict in Ukraine writes that the United States will emerge as the biggest winner, but I think it will be China.
    China is becoming the No. 1 superpower rapidly. I can't even imagine what force the Chinese Army would represent on the ground. And the West? The West has redirected its military force to aviation and precision-guided missiles of all kinds. It's all OK, but that's not how the war is won. Where the military boot does not pass, the war is not won.


    China has managed to combine technology and traditional values. They are disciplined, hard-working and talented. Chinese culture is fascinating, from Lao Tzu to Bruce Lee
    Look at the mess of Western youth, the idiotic men and women who are good for nothing. China deserves to conquer and massacre them as in the time of the Chinese emperors and Genghis Khan.


    Last edited by ArgentinaGuard on Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Big_Gazza, kvs, Yugo90 and Mir like this post

    Regular dislikes this post

    avatar
    Regular


    Posts : 3498
    Points : 3478
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Fuck war

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

    Post  Regular Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:28 pm

    Broski wrote:Does anyone know how much Russian servicemen receive in combat pay during this special operation? Also, how much does the family of those who are KIA receive?

    Not sure about the pay, but Putin promised additional $45,000 (5 mil roubles or so) for those KIA. So whatever was for KIAs + additional payments.
    avatar
    Regular


    Posts : 3498
    Points : 3478
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Fuck war

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

    Post  Regular Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:32 pm

    ArgentinaGuard wrote:
    China has managed to combine technology and traditional values. They are disciplined, hard-working and talented.
    Look at the mess of Western youth, the idiotic men and women who are good for nothing. China deserves to conquer and massacre them.

    No denying that western values tanked... bad... But you clearly haven't seen modern Chinese. Youth there and I am talking about rich ones are as bad as Westerners 10 years ago.
    No wonder Mukbang is most popular in China. Only thing that keeps China from going the same route as failed western cultures is their government. I would still say Soviet Union was superior in all regards than China ever was, but I am biased as I grew up in USSR

    Genghis Khan.

    You might want to hit the history books affraid

    flamming_python likes this post

    avatar
    ArgentinaGuard


    Posts : 343
    Points : 345
    Join date : 2022-02-27

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

    Post  ArgentinaGuard Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:40 pm

    Regular wrote:
    ArgentinaGuard wrote:
    China has managed to combine technology and traditional values. They are disciplined, hard-working and talented.
    Look at the mess of Western youth, the idiotic men and women who are good for nothing. China deserves to conquer and massacre them.

    No denying that western values tanked... bad... But you clearly haven't seen modern Chinese. Youth there and I am talking about rich ones are as bad as Westerners 10 years ago.
    No wonder Mukbang is most popular in China. Only thing that keeps China from going the same route as failed western cultures is their government. I would still say Soviet Union was superior in all regards than China ever was, but I am biased as I grew up in USSR

    Genghis Khan.

    You might want to hit the history books affraid

    Mongolian tribunes are the genetic basis of modern Chinese. It's like saying Vikings and Swedes. And the Mongols bequeathed a lot to the Chinese. You must believe the Western hoax that they only destroyed when they were talented merchants.
    No, Mao's China was much better than the USSR, that's why it didn't disappear. The USSR was great until Stalin because he was a convinced nationalist. After Stalin, the USSR had a succession of useless leaders.
    Chinese youth is far superior to the West, it is clear that you do not know Chinese. In Argentina there are several.

    Eugenio Argentina likes this post

    Singular_Transform
    Singular_Transform


    Posts : 1036
    Points : 1020
    Join date : 2016-11-13

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

    Post  Singular_Transform Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:42 pm

    ATLASCUB wrote:As for the negotiation topic... why should Zelensky negotiate anything?






    Zelensky is an actor, expect from him to do or negotiate anything is like to expect an actor playing doctor in a TV series to give medical advise.

    GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, kvs and Hole like this post

    avatar
    Pacense


    Posts : 47
    Points : 49
    Join date : 2020-11-10

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

    Post  Pacense Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:55 pm

    Guys, honest question here. Am I the only one starting to get tired of all this?

    At me personaly is taking a big toll. My only son is in SPB and I have no idea when I'm going to see him again.

    Regular likes this post

    avatar
    Regular


    Posts : 3498
    Points : 3478
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Fuck war

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

    Post  Regular Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:01 pm

    ArgentinaGuard wrote:

    Mongolian tribunes are the genetic basis of modern Chinese. It's like saying Vikings and Swedes. And the Mongols bequeathed a lot to the Chinese. You must believe the Western hoax that they only destroyed when they were talented merchants.
    No, Mao's China was much better than the USSR, that's why it didn't disappear. The USSR was great until Stalin because he was a convinced nationalist. After Stalin, the USSR had a succession of useless leaders.
    Chinese youth is far superior to the West, it is clear that you do not know Chinese. In Argentina there are several.

    Sorry, don't want to expand into off-topic. I had no chance to live during Stalin so I can't really say if life for me as a growing teenager would have been better during his reign. What do you think? I still think the Soviet Union in the early to mid-80s was a peak comfy place to live.

    I don't speak Chinese, visited in 2019. Dirty, overcrowded, and more Westernised than most of Eastern Europe, people were stuck on their phones even when crossing the street. It was before TikTok and all the Mukbang and similar crap got big.
    avatar
    Regular


    Posts : 3498
    Points : 3478
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Fuck war

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

    Post  Regular Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:14 pm

    Pacense wrote:Guys, honest question here. Am I the only one starting to get tired of all this?

    At me personaly is taking a big toll. My only son is in SPB and I have no idea when I'm going to see him again.

    Sorry to hear that. I only have cousins and my wife has more family in Russia. I am also getting tired of this and worrying is affecting my health, especially my sleep. I didn't expect this to be such a grind.
    The only thing that calms me down is that my family managed to get rid of the financial nooses during Covid so they are much better situation than I thought. Life continues in Russia.

    GarryB and Pacense like this post

    Broski
    Broski


    Posts : 490
    Points : 492
    Join date : 2021-07-12

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

    Post  Broski Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:17 pm


    Russian military offer Ukraine troops, mercenaries to lay down arms and exit Mariupol

    According to the colonel general, the humanitarian situation is serious in certain districts of Mariupol controlled by Ukrainian armed units

    MOSCOW, April 4./TASS/. On April 5, Russia will once again open a humanitarian corridor for the evacuation of civilians and foreign nationals from Mariupol, it offers the Ukrainian military, territorial defense battalions and foreign mercenaries to lay down arms and exit the city towards Zaporozhye, Mikhail Mizintsev, chief of Russia’s National Defense Management Center, said on Monday.

    "Solely for humanitarian purposes and also at the request of the Turkish side, the Russian Federation reopens humanitarian corridors from 06:00 on April 5, 2022 for the evacuation of foreign nationals and civilians from Mariupol. It is also ready to ensure the entry of ships involved in the evacuation into the port of Berdyansk and exit from it in compliance with the rules of international maritime law," Mizintsev said.

    According to the colonel general, the humanitarian situation is serious in certain districts of Mariupol controlled by Ukrainian armed units. "Guided purely by humanitarian principles to save the lives of civilians, the Russian Armed Forces offer units of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, territorial defense battalions and foreign mercenaries to stop hostilities from 06:00 (Moscow time) on April 5, 2022, lay down arms and exit towards Zaporozhye to the territories under the Kiev control along the route coordinated with the Ukrainian side," he said. The lives of all those who lay down arms will be guaranteed, Mizintsev said.
    I don't agree with this at all, why let these people escape after what they've done to the people and city of Mariupol? Will they also let the french bastards who coordinated the neonazis go too?

    flamming_python, Regular, Big_Gazza, Odin of Ossetia, Urluber, billybatts91 and Serberus like this post

    Serberus
    Serberus


    Posts : 364
    Points : 366
    Join date : 2022-02-24

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

    Post  Serberus Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:29 pm

    I agree, I understand there are still civilians in areas under their control and the situation for them is critical, but allowing these scumbags to not only escape justice but be allowed to leave and then be redeployed to continue their murderous rampage and fight elsewhere, possibly even resulting is just as many or more civilian deaths is not a good outcome.
    They are surrounded and need to be destroyed.
    Furthermore, it will be another moral boost for the Kiev regime, after Russian troops withdrew from there.

    Big_Gazza, Odin of Ossetia, Broski, Urluber and billybatts91 like this post

    billybatts91
    billybatts91


    Posts : 481
    Points : 483
    Join date : 2022-02-23

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

    Post  billybatts91 Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:53 pm

    Broski wrote:

    Russian military offer Ukraine troops, mercenaries to lay down arms and exit Mariupol

    According to the colonel general, the humanitarian situation is serious in certain districts of Mariupol controlled by Ukrainian armed units

    MOSCOW, April 4./TASS/. On April 5, Russia will once again open a humanitarian corridor for the evacuation of civilians and foreign nationals from Mariupol, it offers the Ukrainian military, territorial defense battalions and foreign mercenaries to lay down arms and exit the city towards Zaporozhye, Mikhail Mizintsev, chief of Russia’s National Defense Management Center, said on Monday.

    "Solely for humanitarian purposes and also at the request of the Turkish side, the Russian Federation reopens humanitarian corridors from 06:00 on April 5, 2022 for the evacuation of foreign nationals and civilians from Mariupol. It is also ready to ensure the entry of ships involved in the evacuation into the port of Berdyansk and exit from it in compliance with the rules of international maritime law," Mizintsev said.

    According to the colonel general, the humanitarian situation is serious in certain districts of Mariupol controlled by Ukrainian armed units. "Guided purely by humanitarian principles to save the lives of civilians, the Russian Armed Forces offer units of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, territorial defense battalions and foreign mercenaries to stop hostilities from 06:00 (Moscow time) on April 5, 2022, lay down arms and exit towards Zaporozhye to the territories under the Kiev control along the route coordinated with the Ukrainian side," he said. The lives of all those who lay down arms will be guaranteed, Mizintsev said.
    I don't agree with this at all, why let these people escape after what they've done to the people and city of Mariupol? Will they also let the french bastards who coordinated the neonazis go too?

    Makes no sense at all. They've terrorized the local population and the Russians are just gonna let them go terrorize in some other region of Urkaine? Really? Arrest that scum, send them to Siberia for all I care, but don't let them exit for free.

    Big_Gazza and Urluber like this post

    sepheronx
    sepheronx


    Posts : 7955
    Points : 8221
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 33
    Location : Canada

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

    Post  sepheronx Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:21 pm

    billybatts91 wrote:
    Broski wrote:

    Russian military offer Ukraine troops, mercenaries to lay down arms and exit Mariupol

    According to the colonel general, the humanitarian situation is serious in certain districts of Mariupol controlled by Ukrainian armed units

    MOSCOW, April 4./TASS/. On April 5, Russia will once again open a humanitarian corridor for the evacuation of civilians and foreign nationals from Mariupol, it offers the Ukrainian military, territorial defense battalions and foreign mercenaries to lay down arms and exit the city towards Zaporozhye, Mikhail Mizintsev, chief of Russia’s National Defense Management Center, said on Monday.

    "Solely for humanitarian purposes and also at the request of the Turkish side, the Russian Federation reopens humanitarian corridors from 06:00 on April 5, 2022 for the evacuation of foreign nationals and civilians from Mariupol. It is also ready to ensure the entry of ships involved in the evacuation into the port of Berdyansk and exit from it in compliance with the rules of international maritime law," Mizintsev said.

    According to the colonel general, the humanitarian situation is serious in certain districts of Mariupol controlled by Ukrainian armed units. "Guided purely by humanitarian principles to save the lives of civilians, the Russian Armed Forces offer units of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, territorial defense battalions and foreign mercenaries to stop hostilities from 06:00 (Moscow time) on April 5, 2022, lay down arms and exit towards Zaporozhye to the territories under the Kiev control along the route coordinated with the Ukrainian side," he said. The lives of all those who lay down arms will be guaranteed, Mizintsev said.
    I don't agree with this at all, why let these people escape after what they've done to the people and city of Mariupol? Will they also let the french bastards who coordinated the neonazis go too?

    Makes no sense at all. They've terrorized the local population and the Russians are just gonna let them go terrorize in some other region of Urkaine? Really? Arrest that scum, send them to Siberia for all I care, but don't let them exit for free.

    Russia is sparing its own soldiers and the soldiers of the DNR and LNR.  Civilians in the city as well.  Ukraine under the Zelensky tyranny will have face the same terror as these people have by his thugs.  Maybe then there will be enough outrage to point fingers at the real culprits of this conflict.

    Serberus wrote:I agree, I understand there are still civilians in areas under their control and the situation for them is critical, but allowing these scumbags to not only escape justice but be allowed to leave and then be redeployed to continue their murderous rampage and fight elsewhere, possibly even resulting is just as many or more civilian deaths is not a good outcome.
    They are surrounded and need to be destroyed.
    Furthermore, it will be another moral boost for the Kiev regime, after Russian troops withdrew from there.

    Mariupol will be under DNR control thus Russia "withdrawing" wouldn't be a withdrawal, it will be moving forward to next objective. Russia's objective isn't to control Ukraine. It is to create this new state that will be under Russia's umbrella. Getting these guys to leave is up to them. And when they leave to go commit more crimes, that isn't on Russia but on Ukraine itself for creating these monsters in the first place. Well, Ukraine, Canada, US, UK, Poland, etc.

    GarryB, magnumcromagnon, kvs, Hole, Yugo90 and Mir like this post

    billybatts91
    billybatts91


    Posts : 481
    Points : 483
    Join date : 2022-02-23

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

    Post  billybatts91 Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:31 pm

    NATO is expecting Russia to conduct a “very concentrated” attack in the east of Ukraine, with the aim of capturing the entire Donbas region, Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said Tuesday.

    “We now see a significant movement of troops away from Kyiv to regroup, re-arm and re-supply, and a shift in focus to the east,” he told reporters in Brussels.

    “In the coming weeks we expect a further Russian push in the east and southern Ukraine, to try to take the entire Donbas and to create a land bridge to the occupied Crimea.”
    Pro-Russian separatists already control parts of the Donbas region. Fighting has endured there since 2014, and Russian President Vladimir Putin formally recognized the two breakaway regions of Luhansk and Donetsk as independent republics, just before the recent invasion began.

    “So this is a crucial phase of the war," warned Stoltenberg.
    avatar
    Arrow


    Posts : 1853
    Points : 1847
    Join date : 2012-02-12

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

    Post  Arrow Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:56 pm

    Girkin complains as usual. He claims that without mobilization, Russia's armed forces will not have the strength to continue offensives in the Donbas and elsewhere in Ukraine.
    I don't think Girkin has complete knowledge of the current situation.

    Big_Gazza likes this post

    Odin of Ossetia dislikes this post

    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker


    Posts : 1346
    Points : 1426
    Join date : 2009-08-04
    Age : 35
    Location : Indonesia

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

    Post  Stealthflanker Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:00 pm

    Regular wrote:Video from the dark side



    First time I am seeing ATGM usage against helicopters. So far Stugna and other domestic systems look like the main threat to Russians, not NLAWs and not Javelins as you can detect their operators fairly easily. Operators of Ukrainian ATGMs seem to be either in the bunkers or far away, up to 100 meters from the launcher. It's not a fire and forget system, it's much more dangerous in my opinion. Anything but artillery strike on ATGM positions won't be enough. The launcher itself would be invisible up until the launch, there's no delay or cooling time needed as in Javelin, it can be camouflaged easily.

    Belarusian Shershen is even more capable in this scenario. And I think Belarusians have said they are working on remote control units for Konkurs ATGMs. Is there any Russian equivalent to this?

    Yeah. it should be given more credit as it really ingenious. also with tactics. It said that the the gunner only aim the laser at very last moment to prevent detection by LWR gear. I'm curious tho if the rocket also have low signature as missile launch usually give visible spikes in UV spectrum.

    Sujoy, Werewolf and lancelot like this post

    sepheronx
    sepheronx


    Posts : 7955
    Points : 8221
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 33
    Location : Canada

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

    Post  sepheronx Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:12 pm

    ATGM's were regularly used against helicopters for a very long time. You can find details about it where Kornet was used against transport helicopters for example. They can be very effective in that regard.

    flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, Odin of Ossetia and Mir like this post

    avatar
    Dr.Snufflebug


    Posts : 786
    Points : 786
    Join date : 2017-12-27

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

    Post  Dr.Snufflebug Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:16 pm

    Back in 2014 one of Strelkovs guys downed a Mi-24 with a Metis I seem to recall.

    Bad practice to hover in place.

    GarryB and Odin of Ossetia like this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 8037
    Points : 8113
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

    Post  flamming_python Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:18 pm

    Serberus wrote:I agree, I understand there are still civilians in areas under their control and the situation for them is critical, but allowing these scumbags to not only escape justice but be allowed to leave and then be redeployed to continue their murderous rampage and fight elsewhere, possibly even resulting is just as many or more civilian deaths is not a good outcome.
    They are surrounded and need to be destroyed.
    Furthermore, it will be another moral boost for the Kiev regime, after Russian troops withdrew from there.

    It's the wrong move as it would only give impetus to the garrisons of other Ukrainian cities to fight until Erdogan evacuates them as well. Not to mention letting the fanatics have a rest and then embed themselves in yet another city.

    Sorry, but the only way to survive Mariupol should be to surrender unconditionally and become prisoners of war.

    Any foreign combatants should also not be allowed to escape justice. Not after holding the civilian population hostage.

    Erdogan is dictating terms and conducting the tempo of the war, through his pretend neutrality.

    Let the Ukrs have the S-400s if they want, Turkey close its airspace and enact sanctions, and Azerbaijan try some shit in Nagorno-Karabakh

    This is all preferable to this war being dragged out by the script of Macron, Bernard Levy, Erdogan and pals.
    Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia


    Posts : 662
    Points : 757
    Join date : 2015-07-03

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

    Post  Odin of Ossetia Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:11 pm

    Regular wrote:Video from the dark side



    First time I am seeing ATGM usage against helicopters. So far Stugna and other domestic systems look like the main threat to Russians, not NLAWs and not Javelins as you can detect their operators fairly easily. Operators of Ukrainian ATGMs seem to be either in the bunkers or far away, up to 100 meters from the launcher. It's not a fire and forget system, it's much more dangerous in my opinion. Anything but artillery strike on ATGM positions won't be enough. The launcher itself would be invisible up until the launch, there's no delay or cooling time needed as in Javelin, it can be camouflaged easily.

    Belarusian Shershen is even more capable in this scenario. And I think Belarusians have said they are working on remote control units for Konkurs ATGMs. Is there any Russian equivalent to this?




    Not the first time something like that was done.

    The Free Syrian Army shot down an Alawite regime military helicopter with an anti-tank guided missile a few years ago.

    That helicopter was also remaining stationary in the air, and was hovering at a low elevation.

    There was a video showing this on Youtube, albeit I am not sure if it is still around.


    flamming_python likes this post


    Sponsored content


    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:07 am