Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+72
SolidarityWithRussia
littlerabbit
klahtinen
TMA1
andalusia
PhSt
pavi
George1
Big_Gazza
Rodion_Romanovic
0nillie0
jhelb
Werewolf
lancelot
Scorpius
zorobabel
Erk
Eugenio Argentina
d_taddei2
Ispan
mnztr
franco
Pacense
ArgentinaGuard
GarryB
nomadski
Kiko
Hinex1988
ATLASCUB
owais.usmani
sepheronx
ucmvulcan
Odin of Ossetia
limb
LMFS
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
kvs
magnumcromagnon
billybatts91
ludovicense
Broski
par far
Podlodka77
GunshipDemocracy
JohninMK
flamming_python
Azi
Hannibal Barca
mr_hd
psg
Mir
Singular_Transform
Sujoy
Firebird
SeigSoloyvov
Isos
ALAMO
VARGR198
Belisarius
RTN
Hole
Stealthflanker
miketheterrible
Arkanghelsk
Arrow
lyle6
Dr.Snufflebug
Walther von Oldenburg
Airbornewolf
Serberus
Regular
mavaff
76 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

Hole
    Hole

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

Post  Hole Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:10 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 13 Bastio10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 13 Bastio11
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 13 Rpg-3010
    RPG-30 in Donbass

sepheronx, GarryB, franco, Werewolf, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

Post  Hole Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:11 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 13 Fppnoo10
    Izyum
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 13 Word-i10

sepheronx, GarryB, franco, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza and like this post

jhelb
    jhelb

Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

Post  jhelb Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:25 pm

Do we have some clarity on what missile was used to shoot down the Su 35? Or was just electronic warfare that was employed.

As an aside was in Germany this week, thousands of Russians living in Germany are taking to the streets in support of Russia.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:55 pm

Vladimir Zhirinovsky, the long-serving rabble-rousing leader of Russia's parliamentary opposition LDPR party, died on Wednesday in Moscow, aged 75. He had spent over two months in hospital, suffering with coronavirus.

Known for his outspoken nationalist views, he had long been the country's most popular non-governmental political figure, according to opinion polls. A staple on national television shows, his aggressive views on foreign policy and populist utterances on domestic concerns appealed to a considerable constituency.

His death was announced on Wednesday by State Duma speaker Vyacheslav Volodin, who led deputies in a minute's silence.

Zhirik died
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:57 pm

Kremlin: Withdrawal of Russian Forces From Kiev Region is Gesture of Goodwill to Facilitate Talks With Ukraine

The withdrawal of Russian forces from the Kiev region is a gesture of goodwill to create favourable conditions at the Russia-Ukraine talks, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told French broadcaster LCI.

He added that Russia is interested in Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky "accepting" the conditions that were proposed at the negotiations and aims to end the military operation based on those conditions.

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:07 pm

EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell says the EU has given €35bn to Putin in energy payments since the start of the war, compared to €1bn given to Ukraine in arms and weapons

lol!

The EUCO president Charles Michel says that sanction measures on oil or gas will be needed "sooner or later"

EU_Commission president Ursula says "we have to look into oil"
    but did not mention gas

magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, LMFS, Broski and Belisarius like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:08 pm

jhelb wrote:Do we have some clarity on what missile was used to shoot down the Su 35? Or was just electronic warfare that was employed.

As an aside was in Germany this week, thousands of Russians living in Germany are taking to the streets in support of Russia.

There is some members saying it wasn't a su-35 and some saying it is, it's a bit of a debate. I posted a link a couple of pages back with an article saying it was taken down by a upgraded version of SA-3/ S-125

jhelb likes this post

ludovicense
    ludovicense

Post  ludovicense Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:17 pm

AZ Military News
    @AZmilitary1
    ⚠🚨⚠In Mariupol, NATO officers from France, Germany, Britain and "neutral" Sweden got stuck on Azovstal. They are contacting the Russian troops right now with a request to help them leave, organize a corridor to exit

Very close to confirming what I suspected.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Broski, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:35 pm

Is Russia going to encircle Uki troops on Donbass now?
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:36 pm

ludovicense wrote:AZ Military News
    @AZmilitary1
    ⚠🚨⚠In Mariupol, NATO officers from France, Germany, Britain and "neutral" Sweden got stuck on Azovstal. They are contacting the Russian troops right now with a request to help them leave, organize a corridor to exit

There will be no corridor. I doubt about contact, could be a ruse for Azov to escape. Most likely they will have to join the rest of POWs and wait till they are identified and eventually - released. No one will execute them.

d_taddei2 likes this post

Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:44 pm

Regular wrote:
    @AZmilitary1

There will be no corridor. I doubt about contact, could be a ruse for Azov to escape. Most likely they will have to join the rest of POWs and wait till they are identified and eventually - released. No one will execute them.

It would be smart for the Russians to capture whoever the VIPs are, and get them on film, expose to the world.
    I am surprised Ukraine left the helicopter rescue until the last minute. They had weeks to get them out.

d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, GunshipDemocracy and Broski like this post

ludovicense
    ludovicense

Post  ludovicense Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:58 pm

Regular wrote:
    @AZmilitary1

Don't underestimate the power of politics. Nobody knows what actually happens behind the scenes.

magnumcromagnon and Mir like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:19 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:
    jhelb wrote:Do we have some clarity on what missile was used to shoot down the Su 35? Or was just electronic warfare that was employed.

There is some members saying it wasn't a su-35 and some saying it is, it's a bit of a debate. I posted a link a couple of pages back with an article saying it was taken down by a upgraded version of SA-3/ S-125

The nosecone clearly indicates an Su-35S. The pictures do look a bit surreal but I do believe it to be for real. It appears the fighter hit the ground belly first so it was going down in a uncontrolled spin. Could even have been a technical issue?

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 13 0-fpbg10
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:34 pm

Erk wrote:
    Regular wrote:
    @AZmilitary1

It would be smart for the Russians to capture whoever the VIPs are, and get them on film, expose to the world.
    I am surprised Ukraine left the helicopter rescue until the last minute. They had weeks to get them out.

They were expecting Macron & co. to organize an evacuation

Russia didn't allow it

I suspect any NATO officers will be transferred to the Crimea, questioned on camera briefly, and then quietly let go; with a Turkish vessel being let into the Crimea to pick them up

No footage will be released immediately at least, but it'll be kept around as a lever of pressure.

sepheronx and GunshipDemocracy like this post

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:35 pm

Serberus wrote:
    Australia has in all but name declared war on Russia, they are not a NATO member state, its a military aircraft delivering weapons  to kill Russians, a legitimate target imo. But Russia wont do it.

These tossers are a not even a paper tiger, like many of the US protectorates, just acting belligerently and way above their own means devoid of reality, I would love nothing more than to see them brought back down to earth.

they are wetting their pampers because of Chin security guarantees with Salomon Islands lol1 lol1 lol1 and China is supporting Russia . And her such a nice unsinkable aircraft carrier ...

And here Mariupol update Very Happy

https://t.me/intelslava/24451?single

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs and Hole like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:37 pm

Mir wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:

The nosecone clearly indicates an Su-35S. The pictures do look a bit surreal but I do believe it to be for real. It appears the fighter hit the ground belly first so it was going down in a uncontrolled spin. Could even have been a technical issue?

I bring to question the claim it was shot down with a SA-3.  The wreckage would be far greater and more spread out.  This looks to be more like hit with something smaller, pilot ejected, and plane hit the ground.

Regardless, the plane is destroyed but doesn't matter as it is replaceable.  The pilot isn't.

Just to clarifiy my statements earlier regarding why Russia doesn't go all in and flatten the country like the collective west does:

https://t.me/intelslava/24444

These are the people who live on the ground. Very much alive and understandable people. They are our brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, grandparents, sons and daughters. The Russian government knows this and while the more die hard nationalists on this board whom I shall not name, want to bring Ukraine down to the level of Mogadishu, it far better to liberate them than destroy them.

Last edited by sepheronx on Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole and Mir like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:38 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    Mir wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:

I bring to question the claim it was shot down with a SA-3.  The wreckage would be far greater and more spread out.  This looks to be more like hit with something smaller, pilot ejected, and plane hit the ground.

Regardless, the plane is destroyed but doesn't matter as it is replaceable.  The pilot isn't.

The pilot is reportedly captured.

And who gives a shit about the plane - yes all this stuff is replaceable.

sepheronx and GunshipDemocracy like this post

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:41 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell says the EU has given €35bn to Putin in energy payments since the start of the war, compared to €1bn given to Ukraine in arms and weapons

lol!

The EUCO president Charles Michel says that sanction measures on oil or gas will be needed "sooner or later"

but did not mention gas

Tiny correction:
    EU gave Ukro nazistan 1bln
    and bought from Russia for 35bln

So actually EU paid nazis to kill Russians and Ukrainian anti fascists.

sepheronx, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:43 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Mir wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:

The pilot is reportedly captured.

And who gives a shit about the plane - yes all this stuff is replaceable.

The Pilot may be as good as dead or at least will never be able to fly a plane again. Hopefully some more level headed individuals in Ukraine will not bring harm to him but I doubt that as reason has left the military and nationalists head long ago.

magnumcromagnon and kvs like this post

0nillie0
    0nillie0

Post  0nillie0 Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:48 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell says the EU has given €35bn to Putin in energy payments since the start of the war, compared to €1bn given to Ukraine in arms and weapons

lol!

but did not mention gas

Please provide sources whenever possible. Thanks in advance.
    jhelb
    jhelb

Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

Post  jhelb Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:46 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:There is some members saying it wasn't a su-35 and some saying it is, it's a bit of a debate. I posted a link a couple of pages back with an article saying it was taken down by a upgraded version of SA-3/ S-125
    Ukro Nazi's S-300 was destroyed so they are only left with BUK.

Maybe all the Russian fighter were shot down with BUK including the Su 34 and Su 27.
    par far

Post  par far Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:52 pm

VARGR198 likes this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:55 pm

jhelb wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:There is some members saying it wasn't a su-35 and some saying it is, it's a bit of a debate. I posted a link a couple of pages back with an article saying it was taken down by a upgraded version of SA-3/ S-125
    Ukro Nazi's S-300 was destroyed so they are only left with BUK.

Maybe all the Russian fighter were shot down with BUK including the Su 34 and Su 27.

We do not know that all the S-300 are gone. They also have OSA with the BUK, all potentially lethal.

sepheronx and d_taddei2 like this post

par far

Post  par far Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:56 pm

"The mayor of Volchansk (Kharkiv region) Anatoly Stepanets has previously prevented local residents from receiving humanitarian aid from the Russian military.

Now he is detained by law enforcement agencies."

https://t.me/intelslava/24442

sepheronx, GarryB, Firebird, Big_Gazza, Mir and Broski like this post

par far

Post  par far Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:57 pm

"🇷🇺🇺🇦 Footage from Snigirevka, Mykolaiv region: The Russian Guard seized a huge amount of weapons and ammunition that the Armed Forces of Ukraine distributed to the civilian population during the retreat. Snigirevka, a city with a population of just over 12 thousand people (before the start of the special operation in Ukraine), is one of the first large settlements in the region that completely came under the control of the Russian Armed Forces."

https://t.me/intelslava/24447

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, LMFS and Hole like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 am