Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+72
SolidarityWithRussia
littlerabbit
klahtinen
TMA1
andalusia
PhSt
pavi
George1
Big_Gazza
Rodion_Romanovic
0nillie0
jhelb
Werewolf
lancelot
Scorpius
zorobabel
Erk
Eugenio Argentina
d_taddei2
Ispan
mnztr
franco
Pacense
ArgentinaGuard
GarryB
nomadski
Kiko
Hinex1988
ATLASCUB
owais.usmani
sepheronx
ucmvulcan
Odin of Ossetia
limb
LMFS
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
kvs
magnumcromagnon
billybatts91
ludovicense
Broski
par far
Podlodka77
GunshipDemocracy
JohninMK
flamming_python
Azi
Hannibal Barca
mr_hd
psg
Mir
Singular_Transform
Sujoy
Firebird
SeigSoloyvov
Isos
ALAMO
VARGR198
Belisarius
RTN
Hole
Stealthflanker
miketheterrible
Arkanghelsk
Arrow
lyle6
Dr.Snufflebug
Walther von Oldenburg
Airbornewolf
Serberus
Regular
mavaff
76 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

ALAMO

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

Post  ALAMO Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:21 pm

If one would ask my opinion, I suppose that Russkies won't care about Kiev at all.
    And that is a kind of logical move - the population there is openly hostile, it can be easily checked on most of the presented materials out there.
    Charkov will be taken.
    Sumy is a question mark to me.

We have not considered one factor here, or correct me if I am wrong.

Ukraine lost several millions of its inhabitants after 2014, and millions of them left for Russia.
    That was a pro-Russian population who did not accept the coup.
    That alone drained the sentiments at a significant level because people were voting with their choices.
    If one looks at the materials made on the ground, the area unconquered in the south and east presents a very old population. Most of the people taken out of shelters are pensioners, and old people. The proportion is really weird there, considering any normal society. That is because the younger population left. That is today's reality for Ukraine. It is a socially drained country, where the population that left hardly represents the proRussian sentiments that were wide&common 8 years ago.

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, kvs, JohninMK, BliTTzZ and Hole like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:25 pm

RTN wrote:Now that Russia's most advanced 4th gen aircraft, a Su-35 has been shot down over enemy airspace with a Soviet era BUK-I, I would hope the mandarins at Kremlin realize that they neither have the hi tech weapons nor the skilled operators that are needed to win the war in Ukraine.

About time Russia calls a cease fire and saves itself from further embarrassment.

I'd hope the mandarins at the Pentagon get memo RE: f117 shot down by a soviet era KUB

Also update your NORAD protocols after 4 airliners dropped your trade center and the white house nearly went up in a ball of jet fuel and smoke you clown run by tusken raiders in a cave,

We would **** you up

Big_Gazza and Belisarius like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:25 pm

RTN wrote:Now that Russia's most advanced 4th gen aircraft, a Su-35 has been shot down over enemy airspace with a Soviet era BUK-I, I would hope the mandarins at Kremlin realize that they neither have the hi tech weapons nor the skilled operators that are needed to win the war in Ukraine.

About time Russia calls a cease fire and saves itself from further embarrassment.

Ukraine has already lost. They destroyed all the key targets.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, miketheterrible, Hole, lancelot, Broski, bitch_killer and Belisarius like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:27 pm

Buk-1 is a lethal air defense systems bruh, No shame the plane got shot down by it, they would smash F-18's, 15's and 16's the sameway.

I am an American who has seen combat so I can fully tell you this.

"You have no dam idea what you are talking about you armchair expert"

and I mean that, I've watched you talk your completely clueless. Why don't you study up on the Buk before you sat stupid shit like this, Armchair experts who have no dam clue are annoying regardless if so west or pro russia.

Btw allow me to educate your ass, you see Buk is a MOBILE AA SYSTEM. It turns off its radar making it undetectable then when a plane is nearby it will pop out from its hiding place and activate its radar to lock on (but guess what? it can lock out without active radar) this is all done in a minute leaving the pilot virtually no time to respond.

That is a very very hard situation for any pilot to deal with period.

Last edited by SeigSoloyvov on Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, markgreven, flamming_python, Werewolf, JohninMK, BliTTzZ, Eugenio Argentina and like this post

RTN
    RTN

Post  RTN Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:29 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:Memo the Pentagon RE: shot down f15 by ground launched r73 clown
    Welcome to your circus. Will mark you down as scared and horny.

SeigSoloyvov wrote:Why don't you study up on the Buk before you sat stupid shit like this, Armchair experts who have no dam clue are annoying regardless if so west or pro russia.
    Maybe you can start by studying all the press briefs that Russia gave while trying to sell the Su 35. Being able to evade radar-guided surface-to-air missile like the BUK 1 was one of the selling point.

And please do try to shoot down a F18 Super Hornet or a F 35 with your BUK. We will have this discussion then.

BliTTzZ, bitch_killer and Belisarius dislike this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:35 pm

ALAMO wrote:If one would ask my opinion, I suppose that Russkies won't care about Kiev at all.
    And that is a kind of logical move - the population there is openly hostile, it can be easily checked on most of the presented materials out there.
    Charkov will be taken.
    Sumy is a question mark to me.

We have not considered one factor here, or correct me if I am wrong.

Ukraine lost several millions of its inhabitants after 2014, and millions of them left for Russia.
    That was a pro-Russian population who did not accept the coup.
    That alone drained the sentiments at a significant level because people were voting with their choices.
    If one looks at the materials made on the ground, the area unconquered in the south and east presents a very old population. Most of the people taken out of shelters are pensioners, and old people. The proportion is really weird there, considering any normal society. That is because the younger population left. That is today's reality for Ukraine. It is a socially drained country, where the population that left hardly represents the proRussian sentiments that were wide&common 8 years ago.

Nope, Kiev is hugely important to many Russians.
    The Mother City of the Rus. Its Russia's capital for centuries, a major centre of the orthodox church, Russian speaking and its populn have been traditionally pro Russia. Yes there has been an influx of Bandera-vermin in recent times but they can be flushed out. This wasn't a Donbass operation or a Novorossiya operation, it was about deNazifying/liberating as much of the region as possible.

Even with 8 yrs of brainwashing, decent people can be brought to their senses.
    Federalisation will likely result in substantial population movements. The vermin will move West. And pro Russians will see safety outside of the Western areas. Russia can use the carrot and the stick.
    Chechnya got fixed and that looked like an utter lost cause. Same thing in the 20th century.

sepheronx, Big_Gazza and LMFS like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:37 pm

RTN wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:Memo the Pentagon RE: shot down f15 by ground launched r73 clown

SeigSoloyvov wrote:Why don't you study up on the Buk before you sat stupid shit like this, Armchair experts who have no dam clue are annoying regardless if so west or pro russia.
    Maybe you can start by studying all the press briefs that Russia gave while trying to sell the Su 35. Being able to evade radar-guided surface-to-air missile like the BUK 1 was one of the selling point.

And please do try to shoot down a F18 Super Hornet or a F 35 with your BUK. We will have this discussion then.

Maybe you should learn something called critical thinking.

The plane has dodged many BUK shots, But no plane is guaranteed to evade every SINGLE TIME.

Eventually, one missile will hit.

"Being able to evade" doesn't translate to "Cannot ever be shot down by a missile" it simply means it has the ability to do so.

For real dude, you really just showed you have no clue what you are talking about.....and apparently don't understand English is not phrased a certain way.

Buk are fully capable of downing F-18's for F-35's well that depends on if it can get a lock,

GarryB, BliTTzZ, Eugenio Argentina and Belisarius like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:41 pm

Chechens battling Azov in Mariupol.

Last edited by Airbornewolf on Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

magnumcromagnon, par far, Big_Gazza, kvs, BliTTzZ and Eugenio Argentina like this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:43 pm

Russia has finally threatened the U.K with consequences if it continues to ship weapons to Ukraine. There were reports that U.K will send rocket artillery to Ukraine.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/04/02/ukraine-russian-ambassador-says-uk-is-escalating-war-16393892/

Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, kvs, VARGR198, Belisarius and Urluber like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:45 pm

Firebird wrote:

The Mother City of the Rus. Its Russia's capital for centuries, a major centre of the orthodox church, Russian speaking and its populn have been traditionally pro Russia. Yes there has been an influx of Bandera-vermin in recent times but they can be flushed out. This wasn't a Donbass operation or a Novorossiya operation, it was about deNazifying/liberating as much of the region as possible.

Federalisation will likely result in substantial population movements. The vermin will move West. And pro Russians will see safety outside of the Western areas. Russia can use the carrot and the stick.
    Chechnya got fixed and that looked like an utter lost cause.  Same thing in the 20th century.

You are addressing sentiments, and I agree.
    But hardly see an option to take a 2.8mln city with 200k troops.
    That would be an unprecedented operation, and I find no way to proceed it with success, without turning it into rubbles.
    You can easily hide a 100k defenders there, and even a freshly recruited cannon fodder can operate an RPG.
    That would cost thousands of soldiers' lives, and tens of thousands of civilians along with them.
    What would be a gain to get a field of ruins and a few million mouths to feed?

flamming_python, Werewolf, kvs, JohninMK, BliTTzZ, miketheterrible, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Singular_Transform
    Singular_Transform

Post  Singular_Transform Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:02 pm

ALAMO wrote:

To feed by Poland....
    Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:04 pm

Remember the super stealthy F-117 downed by a 60's era S-125 or was your mamma still changing your diapers back then?

GarryB, Werewolf, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy and like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:05 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    RTN wrote:

Maybe you should learn something called critical thinking.

The plane has dodged many BUK shots, But no plane is guaranteed to evade every SINGLE TIME.

Eventually, one missile will hit.

"Being able to evade" doesn't translate to "Cannot ever be shot down by a missile" it simply means it has the ability to do so.

For real dude, you really just showed you have no clue what you are talking about.....and apparently don't understand English is not phrased a certain way.

Buk are fully capable of downing F-18's for F-35's well that depends on if it can get a lock,

Where is it written it was a buk ?

Soviet and russian SAMs have optical guidance which is like the guidance of the kornet atgm. It's almost impossible to escape. Also dodging a missiles at max range isn't the same as dodging it inside it engahemebt zone where it has lot of energy.

F-18 was destfoyed by an iraqi mig-25 and old r-40 missiles. French have lost a mirage 2000 to a manpad in bosnia, US have lost a stealthy f-117 to an old radar system, french exocet have destroyed british ships armed with SAM but also US ships with US made SAMs.

If a system is made to specifically destroy another system, be sure it can. In some situations it can't but in most it will.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, zepia, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ, miketheterrible, Eugenio Argentina and like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:14 pm

F15e got knocked down by a cheap r73 launched by houthis, f18 would get splashed worse

F18 would get splashed quick but theyl never try it

Theyl watch from checkpoint Charlie, Poland and stand down

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 2 Jajdja10

Bandit down

Last edited by Arkanghelsk on Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ and Belisarius like this post

psg
    psg

Post  psg Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:14 pm

Just seen some pictures of Bucha, where the RF forces withdrew to the east/rotation. I have seen and remembered many conflicts around the world in the last 30 yrs. But the way ukr forces kill their own people just for accepting food aid from RF forces, is a genocide and atrocity. Just Horrific.

Azov, nationalists, ukr forces (those of them who are brainwashed zombies) all them fkrs should be given no quarter.

GarryB, franco, Firebird, Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, Airbornewolf and like this post

mr_hd

Post  mr_hd Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:33 pm

So far Ukraine rose each time to challenge and basically forced Russia to change tactics and drop goals. Exit from Kyiv is huge humiliation for Russian troops.
    Also Mariupol is still able to absorb all Russian forces in the south, thus buying time for rest of Ukraine to regroup and resupply, that place was forecasted that will fell many days ago.
    And Zelenskiy turned out to be huge natural leader and is very successful in making huge damage to Russian prestige and standing on world stage, he is bassically biggest Ukrainian weapon...

In short Russia is stuck in huge conflict in which it lost control, I personally believe that Russia will be much weaker state once this is over. For West this is great opportunity to contain Russia for next 20-40 years.

psg, markgreven, Firebird, BliTTzZ, bitch_killer, Belisarius and ucmvulcan dislike this post

Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:38 pm

Sujoy wrote:Russia has finally threatened the U.K with consequences if it continues to ship weapons to Ukraine. There were reports that U.K will send rocket artillery to Ukraine.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/04/02/ukraine-russian-ambassador-says-uk-is-escalating-war-16393892/

Take this weapons and send to Scotland and Northern Ireland. Give to Argentinians iskander and brahmos.

GarryB, Sujoy, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ, LMFS, lyle6 and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:59 pm

The Eurasianist ☦
    @Russ_Warrior
    ⚡Kremlin currently considering to place the large majority of unfriendly countries into a list of so-called "US protectorates", most of their diplomatic staff to be expelled from #Russia, the Russian govt will talk only with the #US about them to bypass useless intermediaries.

GarryB, franco, Firebird, Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, par far and like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:04 pm

Hole wrote:
    The Eurasianist ☦
    @Russ_Warrior
    ⚡Kremlin currently considering to place the large majority of unfriendly countries into a list of so-called "US protectorates", most of their diplomatic staff to be expelled from #Russia, the Russian govt will talk only with the #US about them to bypass useless intermediaries.

The most logical decision ever made.

GarryB, Werewolf, par far, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, GunshipDemocracy and like this post

Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:05 pm

I agree. Only sovereign states should have embassies.

GarryB, Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, par far, Big_Gazza, kvs, Isos and like this post

Azi

Post  Azi Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:11 pm

ALAMO wrote:
    That would be an unprecedented operation, and I find no way to proceed it with success, without turning it into rubbles.
    You can easily hide a 100k defenders there, and even a freshly recruited cannon fodder can operate an RPG.
    That would cost thousands of soldiers' lives, and tens of thousands of civilians along with them.
    NO problem! You can take Kiev with 50k troops and additional 50 k securing the operation. Would take ~3 months...sooner or later the defenders would run out of fuel, ammo and food. Of course, such an operation would only be humane if escape corridors were secured.

Taking Kiev in the beginning of the operation in a Blitz was not possible because russian troops took too long to reach Kiev and the defenders were good prepared...leading to scenario described above!

Taking Kyiv is useless at the moment anyway, since Ukraine would not capitulate. It would only capitulate if the entire east of the country fell to Russia and then Kyiv was threatened.

Last edited by Azi on Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ and Broski like this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:13 pm

ALAMO wrote:
    Firebird wrote:

Chechnya got fixed and that looked like an utter lost cause.  Same thing in the 20th century.

Well firstly Kiev is ceasing to function. For now, Russia can keep striking undesirable areas of it with zero risk to itself.
    Sooner or later than surrounding areas will fall. Liberating more Russian troops to do whatever is required.
    The less extreme nationalist garbage will realise they are better off in Galicia, Poland, the USA or whatever.
    Bandera-land's instruments of oppression will wane.

People can be paid to inform on Nazis/nationalists. Much like Chechnya. Remove the civilians, district by district and flush the place with EM warfare. Or just wait til they start to run out of supplies. Modern tech - drones, cameras, robots, drones can certainly aid the process. Large cities have always fallen in times of war.
    Kiev is ultimately 5 Mariupols or so. And that has been largely fixed fairly quickly.Modern times favour the more technologically advanced player ie Russia. And plenty of nationalists of the non Nazi variety will want to cut a deal.

Why should Kiev be fundamentally different to anywhere else? It can't be.

GarryB and BliTTzZ like this post

Azi

Post  Azi Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:21 pm

Firebird wrote:

Not really true. Of course Kiev was the gem of the orthodox slavic world, but it was not first city of the Rus and nothing like a capital for the Rus. But yes...it was a centre for culture and religion. Cities like Novgorod or Susdal are far more important.

But true...Kiev has a special place in the hearts of the slavic world! And in my view, the rest of Ukraine (if there is any left) should exist without Kiev.

Big_Gazza likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:31 pm

They have both, and plenty of them. 1 Su-30SM, 2 Su-34s and 1 Su-35, and 1-2 Su-25s are not the entirety of the Russian air-force.
    They took more intense aircraft losses in Georgia over just 3 days, and against the same Ukrainian Buk operators
    I'd say Russia has learned well.

There won't be a ceasefire, quit your wet dreams. Only embarrassment will be on the West once all the crimes of this regime are finally exposed, and all their economic sanctions boomeranged back on them.

sepheronx, GarryB, Sujoy, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:31 pm

This is more like it.

Geo_monitor
    @colonelhomsi
    ·
    1h
    More than 200 Marines of the Ukrainian Armed Forces surrendered in Mariupol - WarGonzo..

Levi
    @Levi_godman
    ·
    2h
    Ukrainian marines of the 501st separate battalion of the Marine Corps of the Ukrainian Navy surrendered in Mariupol in full, at that time more than 200 people

Should be easy to prove that via video if true, lets wait

EDIT

Last edited by JohninMK on Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

sepheronx, GarryB, franco, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs and like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:27 am