Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+72
SolidarityWithRussia
littlerabbit
klahtinen
TMA1
andalusia
PhSt
pavi
George1
Big_Gazza
Rodion_Romanovic
0nillie0
jhelb
Werewolf
lancelot
Scorpius
zorobabel
Erk
Eugenio Argentina
d_taddei2
Ispan
mnztr
franco
Pacense
ArgentinaGuard
GarryB
nomadski
Kiko
Hinex1988
ATLASCUB
owais.usmani
sepheronx
ucmvulcan
Odin of Ossetia
limb
LMFS
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
kvs
magnumcromagnon
billybatts91
ludovicense
Broski
par far
Podlodka77
GunshipDemocracy
JohninMK
flamming_python
Azi
Hannibal Barca
mr_hd
psg
Mir
Singular_Transform
Sujoy
Firebird
SeigSoloyvov
Isos
ALAMO
VARGR198
Belisarius
RTN
Hole
Stealthflanker
miketheterrible
Arkanghelsk
Arrow
lyle6
Dr.Snufflebug
Walther von Oldenburg
Airbornewolf
Serberus
Regular
mavaff
76 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

Regular
    Regular

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

Post  Regular Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:06 am

Serberus wrote:

Even the same Azov and Aidar Nazis - you can see by the interviews of the captives, that they're mostly just a bunch of drunks or bums, who simply wanted a paycheck, and those tattoos were their initiation rituals. Some of them are local. Yes there were crimes and tortures of civilians, over 1500 civilians in Mariupol alone have disappeared since 2014 - but that was done by the SBU or certain sections within Azov.

We don't know how many of Azov are Nazis or not, but that's little of concern. Those with tattoos who say there are rituals... They are talking nonsense and they only say this to save their ass. Drunkards, nazis, drug addicts - it doesn't matter. It is what they did. If there is a way to prove that individual soldiers (nazi or not) did crimes then they should be prosecuted, the rest of them will have to deal with the guilt of association. How Russia will treat them is another question, but judging by the past, partaking in crimes against civilians or executions will land you guaranteed 25 to life. Being a member of a terrorist group can land you up to 20 years. It will be up to guys from Azov to prove that they are innocent, I will expect them to paint Azov as a "ritualistic" organization and pleed that they were forced into it and so.

I think those marines surrendering may have had something to do with getting the TOS treatment rather than not being able to because of their commanders or whatever their story was.

Yes, of course. They lost their "boevoy chast" and look who is surrendering now mostly. And some idiot on Twitter is saying that they don't look like fighters. Maybe so, if he would turn on his brain, he should understand that there more people in the army than fighters. Females that were captured were mostly medical sisters, helpers, cooks, not to mention logisticians and so on. These people give up when the structure fully disintegrates.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:07 am

Russia cares for those people as much as it is politically convenient to do so

What happened in Idlib happened in Kiev

The leadership already calculated what a victory is for them

85% popularity ratings, economic control, and keeping NATO out

The people themselves of Ukraine are collateral damage,

If it's too cynical for some, sorry, that's just the cold calculation of what we see
    Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:29 am

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 21 A6817010
    Azovstal getting pounded
    https://t.me/swodki/63331
    Is there Information on how many Russian and DNR troops are committed to the Mariupol area of operation?

d_taddei2 and magnumcromagnon like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:32 am

flamming_python wrote:Although from the military point of view, the Iraqi army actually did a very good job with the brisk takeover of Kuwait. You can't say the same here.

Kuwait vs Ukraine for your convenience Smile

(It's that tiny grey spot in the middle of the map just in case you missed it Laughing)

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 21 Kuwait10

franco, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, kvs, ALAMO, LMFS and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:33 am

Serberus wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 21 A6817010
    Azovstal getting pounded
    Is there Information on many Russian and DNR troops are committed to the Mariupol area of operation?

At least one of the Russian Marine battalions, the DNR's own forces (including their own Marines and the Sparta battalion at a minimum, as well as some of their Spetsnaz units), and various Chechen forces (Rosgvardia, MVD Spetsnaz, plus some ex-rebel veterans who volunteered).

Most of the forces who were earlier engaged in Mariupol have now been redeployed to the Donbass front up north or recuperating. I'd say there are maybe 3-4k Russian and pro-Russian forces left in the city. Enough to finish the job against an entrenched enemy who probably has no more than 1500 troops left in the fight, and to prevent any breakout attempts.
    Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:35 am

Some small pockets of Azovites are still around, it's a building-for-building thing going on in central-south-west Mariupol, but it's being cleaned out in good pace.

The ones holed up in Azovstal, which Basurin said could number in the thousands (I highly doubt it, 1k tops, probably less though) could be facing actual Russian destruction. It's funny in a way how propaganda has been yelling about Russian "bombings of Ukraine" etc when there in fact hasn't been any at all save from a few spots on the outskirts of Kharkov, Yet.

I was under the impression two weeks ago that Mariupol was seconds from "falling" but I'll admit I was wrong. The aforementioned building-for-building thing has become... Well, the thing. And again, that says a lot. The Russians could have shelled and bombed the place into dust if they wanted to, but they haven't.

Azovstal seems to be a different matter. Rumors have it that the VKS is planning on finally using heavy aviation, to drop a few very large bombs on Azovstal and call it a day. Last time FAB-3000/5000/9000 were used was in Afghanistan in the 1980's, but many remain in stock and await decommissioning. They are reportedly considering saving a lot of time and paperwork, so to speak.

The "FOAB" thing from like a decade and a half ago could have done wonders here, but I doubt that it was ever properly "weaponized". It was never dropped from a Tupolev bomber at any rate, that was a sham.

Last edited by Dr.Snufflebug on Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total

magnumcromagnon, ALAMO, JohninMK and lancelot like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:41 am

flamming_python wrote:
    Serberus wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #10 - Page 21 A6817010
    Azovstal getting pounded
    Is there Information on many Russian and DNR troops are committed to the Mariupol area of operation?

At least one of the Russian Marine battalions, the DNR's own forces (including their own Marines and the Sparta battalion at a minimum, as well as some of their Spetsnaz units), and various Chechen forces (Rosgvardia, MVD Spetsnaz, plus some ex-rebel veterans who volunteered).

Most of the forces who were earlier engaged in Mariupol have now been redeployed to the Donbass front up north or recuperating. I'd say there are maybe 3-4k Russian and pro-Russian forces left in the city. Enough to finish the job against an entrenched enemy who probably has no more than 1500 troops left in the fight, and to prevent any breakout attempts.

Basurin indicated there may be up to 3000 enemy left, azovstal is quite large both in area and number of structures and they still hold the port or at least a part of it, so it may not be an exaggeration.

————

ATGM hit on troops - Syria flashbacks
    https://t.me/boris_rozhin/40552

Last edited by Serberus on Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:52 am

Apparently the port has been taken already

They were saying 3000-4000 2 weeks ago

Nobody really knows, but given that the Ukrainian held-territory has shrunk since then, while fighting has kept going, and there have been surrenders - I think they're down to half strength as compared to then. But it's anyone's guess
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:53 am

DNR forces ATGM sniping against a Ukrainian mortar team

https://t.me/swodki/63346

psg and d_taddei2 like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:21 am

Serberus wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Azovstal getting pounded

Basurin indicated there may be up to 3000 enemy left, azovstal is quite large both in area and number of structures and they still hold the port or at least a part of it, so it may not be an exaggeration.

————

ATGM hit on troops - Syria flashbacks
    https://t.me/boris_rozhin/40552

It was reported that it will free up 20,000 Russian / DPR forces when it is cleared. To handle a force in urban fighting you would need a 3-4:1 ratio to clean up so...

LMFS likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:26 am

Nice bunker the LNR captured here

https://t.me/RVvoenkor/7016

I've seen a different one though. Literally about 10m deep Shocked

Yugo90 likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:27 am

franco wrote:
    It was reported that it will free up 20,000 Russian / DPR forces when it is cleared. To handle a force in urban fighting you would need a 3-4:1 ratio to clean up so...

As I heard most Russian/DNR forces were withdrawn already

I think it's mostly snipers, SF, artillery and some assault units working there
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:41 am

Mir wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:Although from the military point of view, the Iraqi army actually did a very good job with the brisk takeover of Kuwait. You can't say the same here.

(It's that tiny grey spot in the middle of the map just in case you missed it Laughing)

Remind me, how long it took the coalition to reconquer it, having approx. 700k troops? Laughing

d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, kvs, zepia, LMFS, Hole, Kiko and like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:52 am

flamming_python wrote:
    franco wrote:

As I heard most Russian/DNR forces were withdrawn already

I think it's mostly snipers, SF, artillery and some assault units working there

There were at least 14,500 Ukrainian forces there to start with so at least 40,000 Russians / DPR forces would have been in play. Some have already shifted to Kherson and some to the North.
    LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:25 am

0nillie0 wrote:Encroaching further on Russia will remain the goal for the West, and rather than doing it out of the public eye, the goal will be to do it while the public is applauding it. A frightening prospect imho.

Sure, but the challenge will be to find the next idiots to happily sacrifice themselves in the war against Russia...

Hole likes this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:31 am

ALAMO wrote:
    Mir wrote:

Remind me, how long it took the coalition to reconquer it, having approx. 700k troops? Laughing

Iraqi had rpg-7 and t-54. In the desert with no places to hide. US and co had the same weaponery as Russia today but multiplied by 4 or 5. Just the forst day they launched 1000 missiles.

Russia is facing a strong and big army with last generation weapons and drones. And Russia is attacking alone.

sepheronx, psg, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, Autodestruct and Podlodka77 like this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:40 am

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:Some small pockets of Azovites are still around, it's a building-for-building thing going on in central-south-west Mariupol, but it's being cleaned out in good pace.

The ones holed up in Azovstal, which Basurin said could number in the thousands (I highly doubt it, 1k tops, probably less though) could be facing actual Russian destruction. It's funny in a way how propaganda has been yelling about Russian "bombings of Ukraine" etc when there in fact hasn't been any at all save from a few spots on the outskirts of Kharkov, Yet.

I was under the impression two weeks ago that Mariupol was seconds from "falling" but I'll admit I was wrong. The aforementioned building-for-building thing has become... Well, the thing. And again, that says a lot. The Russians could have shelled and bombed the place into dust if they wanted to, but they haven't.

Azovstal seems to be a different matter. Rumors have it that the VKS is planning on finally using heavy aviation, to drop a few very large bombs on Azovstal and call it a day. Last time FAB-3000/5000/9000 were used was in Afghanistan in the 1980's, but many remain in stock and await decommissioning. They are reportedly considering saving a lot of time and paperwork, so to speak.

The "FOAB" thing from like a decade and a half ago could have done wonders here, but I doubt that it was ever properly "weaponized". It was never dropped from a Tupolev bomber at any rate, that was a sham.

GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs, Hole, 11E, Mir and Podlodka77 like this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:42 am

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, LMFS, Hole and Podlodka77 like this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:42 am

d_taddei2, kvs, LMFS, Hole, Mir and Podlodka77 like this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:43 am

GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs, LMFS, Hole, 11E, Mir and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:45 am

Good news

Scott Ritter
    @RealScottRitter
    · 12h
    Well, it looks like I’ve been reinstated. No official word from Twitter about what the problem was or how/why it was resolved. But I’m sure they took notice at the concern expressed by many of you here on Twitter. Thanks for speaking up in defense of free speech. Goodnight!

GarryB, flamming_python, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, LMFS, Hole, Mir and like this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:45 am

GarryB and LMFS like this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:46 am

GarryB, kvs, LMFS, Hole and Podlodka77 like this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:48 am

GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs, LMFS, Hole, Mir and Podlodka77 like this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:53 am

GarryB, kvs, LMFS, Hole, Mir and Podlodka77 like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 am