Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+66
littlerabbit
nomadski
Singular_Transform
Eugenio Argentina
Erk
Azi
TMA1
lyle6
George1
Odin of Ossetia
0nillie0
Pacense
limb
ATLASCUB
mr_hd
Stealthflanker
OminousSpudd
caveat emptor
mnrck
diabetus
Lurk83
Autodestruct
GunshipDemocracy
d_taddei2
Backman
Werewolf
billybatts91
Airbornewolf
SeigSoloyvov
Dima
RTN
mavaff
GarryB
Serberus
Sujoy
lancelot
Mir
Hinex1988
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
mnztr
ucmvulcan
Big_Gazza
VARGR198
JohninMK
teh_beard
par far
Ispan
kvs
Broski
auslander
Dr.Snufflebug
magnumcromagnon
Regular
Arkanghelsk
miketheterrible
ALAMO
flamming_python
BliTTzZ
owais.usmani
franco
Arrow
Firebird
Podlodka77
Isos
LMFS
Hole
70 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9

Serberus
    Serberus

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9

Post  Serberus Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:06 am

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 6 0-fpiw10

My guess is front MTLB is Ukranian and the vehicles at the back are Russian, in the first few days of the war near Kiev it was a bit of a mess, Ukrainians appeared to have hit a few Russian columns with artillery disregarding their own civilian infrastructure around them and destroyed a decent amount of equipment, plenty of those images doing the rounds, and I remember several instances of Russian columns running into Ukranian ones with both taking losses, which is what appears to have occurred here. Most likely from early on as well. Regardless of what really occurred , not a photo I would use to make any concrete claims with.

GarryB, Regular, kvs, JohninMK, BliTTzZ, Yugo90 and Broski like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9

Post  GarryB Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:28 am

What I've been telling you guys about Kadyrov's greater role?

Negotiations and military force both have track records in this conflict and it is pretty obvious that the former simply didn't work and there is no reason to think it might work any better now.

The other party are a bunch of slimy liars who will say anything but revert back to natural evil when given the chance... sign an agreement to find peaceful solutions and then shell the oppositions while blaming Russia for not living up to its obligations (when it has none).

What's even more striking in that WaPo article is the wording that betray their foregone conclusion that Russia is "committing war crimes" and that they are worried that evidence suggest otherwise.

Ignoring the fundamental fact that Russia doesn't care what western media thinks or the western public thinks any more... they are no longer relevant.

Agreed, Russia handles the Ukraine delicately like a retarded half-brother who got confused and forgot his Russian roots due to an overdose of Galician Krokodil. They won't treat Poland the same way as an extremely Russophobic NATO lapdog. Even if Article 5 is invoked, is the US, France and Britain (the only nuclear armed NATO members) willing to fight Russia head-on? I think this conflict between Russia and the Ukraine will effectively destroy NATO if Poland gets involved and exposes (again) that the US/UK will only fight Russia down to the last Non-Anglophone European.

The thing with HATO is interpretation of its articles is very selective and broad... if Poland involves itself in this conflict directly then... well lets face it... the US can either say Article 5 is only about defence and Poland chose to get involved in a conflict that has "nothing" to do with HATO (hahahahaahaha), or the US can say under article 5 we are obliged to help our ally no matter what... I doubt the other members will get a say in this... they don't normally get much of a say anyway.

But Biden has already said no HATO troops and getting involved would quickly spiral to WWIII, which is something no one will win because everyone will lose.

This suggests to me that Poland getting involved one way or another (ie willfully or with a faked false flag incident) will lead to them being exposed and hung out to dry like their Afghan allies...

Not jamming the communications and the internet allowed the forces of LNR and DNR to use their infrastructure and mobile phones. It also allowed partisans and people in the occupied territories to have access to Russian information, and report enemy activity as in 2014. It also helps to demoralize the Ukrops as they get plenty info of how bad things goings, and it helped the civilians.

In the final cost benefit analysis it was decided to save the "magic tricks" for later.

Another aspect is jamming enemy communication makes it much harder to find comms centres and HQs and even weapon and fuel dumps because it effects all communications. Often the location of an HQ can be exposed because of the cellphone traffic in the area or other signals and special antenna present.

Any location with HATO standard comms systems is worth listening to and the locations it communicates with is worth sending drones and satellites to too.

Equally when a war criminal is accidentally claimed to be in custody publicly and he then transmits video of himself alive and well you very quickly get information about where he is in real time which makes the hunt for him much easier...

Jamming everything and you get nothing and they might start using direct satellite link stuff that is harder to deal with.

If Medinsky does somehow pull a rabbit out of a hat, so be glad.

There is no negotiated solution possible, they lie, and they don't adhere to agreements signed.

1) Polish Deputy Prime Minister: Russia is preparing to launch a new attack in Ukraine, and all indications are that we are facing a long war

Hahaha... state the obvious, but then put in a barb that is intended to make the Russians scared, the actions of the ukrainian soldiers to use their own civilian population as meat shields to try to frame Russian soldiers as war criminals will backfire and lead to a hostile environment... mobile guerilla forces need the support and help of the local population even just to provide food and more ammo so they can continue doing what they do. Hurt the locals and they will shop you the first chance they get for peace.

My nephew was in Afghanistan and he told be that one of the local village elders confided in him that the taliban had approached him to join forces to attack my nephews unit to kick them out of the place but that the elder told the taliban group that my nephews unit were helping them with building infrastructure like building new wells and fixing existing ones and helping with schools for children and the healthcare needs of the locals... so the taliban moved on... without support from the locals they can't operate.

The Russians did this in Chechnia and Syria and now in Ukraine...

3) The Russians destroyed a big food warehouse (?) on the eastern side of Kyiv. Hit most likely by more than one missile

Suspect there was more than just food there...

7) A column of Russian equipment with "V" marks was moving from Rechitsa towards Gomel along the M10 highway. There were at least 8 Tochka-U, several BTR-82a, about 9 KamAZ trucks, some of which are carrying Tochka-U missiles, communication vehicle and a crane

Good. The Tochka is a good system, they retired it prematurely IMHO...

If I have to, I will do it again. I serve. I am Russian. Not American. I am Russian Soldier.

Congrats on the upgrade... Smile respekt

Boys laughed at Militsiya, and us, continuing to mark and post Mat. So some local lads broke their fingers couple nights ago. End of problem.

It is a real culture change.... when I was a kid if you got caught doing something wrong you got a clip around the ears by the police and they took you home and you got a hiding from your father. These days the kids have rights and lawyers and fathers defend the kids till proven otherwise.

A totally different attitude from parents and children and certainly not better at all.

Twitter war' don't mean squat, all 'social media' are just verbal masturbation concealing massive boredom and misery. A pox on the lot of them, it's not for me.

It is further evidence if any was needed that this generation are sheep and listen to what they are told without question and without using reason or common sense.... they don't question that the Russian Army would allow soldiers to take cellphones in to combat despite already taking out enemy leadership in previous wars using triangulation of their position by using said cell phone signals.

Personally i'd like to glass the West Ukies... but I guess Russians would then need to deal with the ongoing radiation hazard, and would have border control problems with having to hold the line against an invasion of brain-eating mutant zombies... On a positive note, so would the Poolanders

Could claim it was a manifestation of the game Stalker... radiation hazards... they could get tourists in...

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ and Broski like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:50 am

Serberus wrote:My guess is front MTLB is Ukranian and the vehicles at the back are Russian, in the first few days of the war near Kiev it was a bit of a mess, Ukrainians appeared to have hit a few Russian columns with artillery disregarding their own civilian infrastructure around them and destroyed a decent amount of equipment, plenty of those images doing the rounds, and I remember several instances of Russian columns running into Ukranian ones with both taking losses, which is what appears to have occurred here. Most likely from early on as well. Regardless of what really occurred , not a photo I would use to make any concrete claims with.

Why does a vehicle that appears to be a civilian passenger car carry a "Russian" V? Are there any trucks there that are unmistakably Russian-only?

Knowing what I know about the Ukro-orcs conduct in this conflict, I'd be willing to believe that the car was a civvie casualty painted up post-conflict as a propaganda ploy.

d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, kvs, BliTTzZ, Hole and Mir like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:16 am

I do recall seeing civilians cars with the markings on them accompanying some Russian columns, who they are carrying or why  they are using civilians vehicles I couldn't tell from the videos, it could be war correspondents or reporters.
    But your point about the Ukrainians painting vehicles post conflict is valid too. In this case well probably never know.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza and BliTTzZ like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:21 am

ucmvulcan wrote:Poor pentagram.  They do realize Missiles are fairly cheap and so while new tanks and planes were held back the Russians cranked out thousands of missiles and rockets.  Now if this war goes on for a few more months Russia may be in trouble, but if it's over by the kickoff of American Gridiron football, mid September or maby even New Years Russia should be good to go
    A lesson for Israel regarding the potential effectiveness of the nests of missiles to their north perhaps?

Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ and Hole like this post

owais.usmani

Post  owais.usmani Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:50 am

GarryB, franco, Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, BliTTzZ and like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:41 pm

🇷🇺🇺🇦⚡Basurin reports that two Ukrainian helicopters were shot down, with which they tried to evacuate the Azov leadership from Mariupol

Appears at least one has been confirmed with photos of wreckage and burnt out bodies

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 6 55336a10

There are a couple more but wont post due to graphic nature
    Seems beyond idiotic to attempt this in an encircled city with only a small area under their control, deep behind Russian lines, but then again if they had any brains they wouldn’t  be Nazis.

GarryB, franco, Dima, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs and like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:53 pm

Biggest mistake of russians was to not develop a small Arena for all their armoured vehicles and put the already produced arena on tanks.

They had the technology yet they didn't considere it as a needed system when ATGM have prolifered on the battlefield.

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:56 pm

Isos wrote:Biggest mistake of russians was to not develop a small Arena for all their armoured vehicles and put the already produced arena on tanks.

They had the technology yet they didn't considere it as a needed system when ATGM have prolifered on the battlefield.

But ATGMs have not been the biggest killer

Main killer is arty. Then maybe tank and autocannon rounds and so on.
    For the Ukrainian side of the conflict, its arty and airpower.

Arena or a lite version makes sense for vanguard units such as BMDs, BMPT type vehicles, and most tanks

GarryB, Regular, kvs, VARGR198 and BliTTzZ like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:10 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 6 Fpkbty10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 6 Fpkb-z10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 6 Fpkclj10
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:10 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 6 Fpirfa10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 6 Fpirup10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 6 Fpirwc10

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, BliTTzZ and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:11 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 6 Fpcy9q10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 6 Fphhm610
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 6 Fpjy6h10

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:16 pm

Serberus wrote:🇷🇺🇺🇦⚡Basurin reports that two Ukrainian helicopters were shot down, with which they tried to evacuate the Azov leadership from Mariupol

Appears at least one has been confirmed with photos of wreckage and burnt out bodies

Seems beyond idiotic to attempt this in an encircled city with only a small area under their control, deep behind Russian lines, but then again if they had any brains they wouldn’t  be Nazis.

They've already wasted 3 choppers on trying to evacuate whoever it is out of Mariupol

Some seriously important people there dunno

Unfortunately latest news is that Russia is opening humanitarian corridors. "Not for the Ukrainian military", but as you can understand, it won't take much to slip on civilian clothes and slip by, unless everyone is thoroughly checked.

BliTTzZ and Yugo90 like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:21 pm

I have a feeling they are probably banking on it, And hoping to catch as many as they can in the process. These fanatics wont give up even thought battle was decided a long time ago, just pointless deaths from now on, so the more that throw down their weapons and try to flee the better.

GarryB and BliTTzZ like this post

owais.usmani

Post  owais.usmani Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:37 pm

GarryB, franco, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs and like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:44 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Serberus wrote:🇷🇺🇺🇦⚡Basurin reports that two Ukrainian helicopters were shot down, with which they tried to evacuate the Azov leadership from Mariupol

They've already wasted 3 choppers on trying to evacuate whoever it is out of Mariupol

Some seriously important people there dunno

Unfortunately latest news is that Russia is opening humanitarian corridors. "Not for the Ukrainian military", but as you can understand, it won't take much to slip on civilian clothes and slip by, unless everyone is thoroughly checked.

Remember Aleppo and the US/UK and Israeli agents getting captured. If both helicopters crashed like the one outside the city, 50 of the VIP's and mercs are toast.

As for the the corridors, everyone is checked with multiple being caught daily.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ, Hole and Broski like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:59 pm

The guy that called mothers of russian dead soldiers with their phones seems to have been captured. He will go straight to Siberia with other captured nazis. No one will hear of him again IMO.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 6 Fplpzs10

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, VARGR198, zardof, Hole, Yugo90 and like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:10 pm

I have seen that vid in the screenshot, it doesn’t  look like him, and it was already falsely reported that he was executed.
    Someone seems to be purposely making these up probably for clickbait.

magnumcromagnon, kvs, BliTTzZ, miketheterrible and Yugo90 like this post

mavaff
    mavaff

Post  mavaff Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:12 pm

Confirmed not true, unfortunately. The guy is still posting on his social media, some have reported.

BliTTzZ likes this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:49 pm

owais.usmani wrote:

That's something that should be getting posted around as well as being kept and sent for breech of Geneva convention. Make sure to save this.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, BliTTzZ and Broski like this post

mavaff
    mavaff

Post  mavaff Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:12 pm

So guys there is a conspiracy story coming up that says that in Mariupol there is some very high profile Western official (most likely French) that they are trying to get out, already 3 choppers have been downed....
    If confirmed (and if confirmed French) this can blow up any Macron chance to be elected again.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ, LMFS and Hole like this post

owais.usmani

Post  owais.usmani Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:17 pm

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, par far, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia and like this post

RTN
    RTN

Post  RTN Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:18 pm

flamming_python wrote:But ATGMs have not been the biggest killer

Main killer is arty. Then maybe tank and autocannon rounds and so on.
    For the Ukrainian side of the conflict, its arty and airpower.
    Both the sides lack precision guided shells like the M982 Excalibur. Russia does have a few Krasnopol but they are not as accurate as the Excalibur. Ukraine barely has any guided shells.

So how is arty on either side causing large scale attrition?

Agree with you that on the Russian side most of the damage has been caused by Ukrainian air power, including armed drones.

BliTTzZ and bitch_killer dislike this post

lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:21 pm

RTN wrote:Russia does have a few Krasnopol but they are not as accurate as the Excalibur.
    A laser guided round less accurate than a GPS guided round. Laughing

Right...

Werewolf, Regular, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, wilhelm, zepia and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:37 pm

mavaff wrote:So guys there is a conspiracy story coming up that says that in Mariupol there is some very high profile Western official (most likely French) that they are trying to get out, already 3 choppers have been downed....
    If confirmed (and if confirmed French) this can blow up any Macron chance to be elected again.

If he's an official and took no part in the fighting then let him come out. So long as it's just him.
    Probably Bernard Levy, who was spotted in Odessa a couple of weeks into the conflict.
    Much as I hate his guts - he's a non-combatant

If we're talking about French SF or officers who were directing the fighting - then I'm afraid it's the white flag only

Regular and BliTTzZ like this post

Broski dislikes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:11 am