Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+66
littlerabbit
nomadski
Singular_Transform
Eugenio Argentina
Erk
Azi
TMA1
lyle6
George1
Odin of Ossetia
0nillie0
Pacense
limb
ATLASCUB
mr_hd
Stealthflanker
OminousSpudd
caveat emptor
mnrck
diabetus
Lurk83
Autodestruct
GunshipDemocracy
d_taddei2
Backman
Werewolf
billybatts91
Airbornewolf
SeigSoloyvov
Dima
RTN
mavaff
GarryB
Serberus
Sujoy
lancelot
Mir
Hinex1988
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
mnztr
ucmvulcan
Big_Gazza
VARGR198
JohninMK
teh_beard
par far
Ispan
kvs
Broski
auslander
Dr.Snufflebug
magnumcromagnon
Regular
Arkanghelsk
miketheterrible
ALAMO
flamming_python
BliTTzZ
owais.usmani
franco
Arrow
Firebird
Podlodka77
Isos
LMFS
Hole
70 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 5 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9

Post  miketheterrible Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:53 am

d_taddei2 wrote:Just a thought I think Russia could utilise military police, cossack paramilitary units (25k approx),and possibly conscripts in Liberated areas freeing up contract soldiers to the frontline. De facto conscripts wouldn't be on frontline but providing additional policing and help with aid distribution, provide security on key infrastructure, and check points. I see nothing wrong with these three types of units being used as this, they would also benefit from the experience.

Cossaks paramilitary groups were very active during Chechnya. I wonder why they aren't used now unless they are all under Wagner and some other group? They would be on the same lines as the Cehchen units used now.

Last edited by miketheterrible on Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:12 am; edited 1 time in total

d_taddei2 likes this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 5 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9

Post  d_taddei2 Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:03 am

flamming_python wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:Just a thought I think Russia could utilise military police, cossack paramilitary units (25k approx),and possibly conscripts in Liberated areas freeing up contract soldiers to the frontline. De facto conscripts wouldn't be on frontline but providing additional policing and help with aid distribution, provide security on key infrastructure, and check points. I see nothing wrong with these three types of units being used as this, they would also benefit from the experience.

- Russia is using military police in some areas. Exactly for policing, order and handing out humanitarian aid
    - Conscripts are being asked to sign contracts apparently, but it's their choice. I suspect some conscripts are still involved in the operation anyway, at least in rear areas or logistics.
    - Short-term military contracts are being offered to any volunteers with military experience, they plan to get several dozen thousand troops that way
    - There is a Cossack regiment as part of the DNR or LNR armed forces, although it's a local one. The actual Cossack paramilitaries in Russia haven't been mobilized to my knowledge. But they can sign those short-term contracts and join the war that way.
    - The main allied force on the ground is the DNR/LNR, but as I heard, many aren't keen on advancing past the Donbass borders. These are a mix of professionals and a rapidly levied male population. In regards to the later, some have already been transfered to around Kharkov, Chernigov, Kherson, even Kiev. There they're functioning as auxiliaries and helping establish a presence, although they're taking losses there too.

There is the possibility of a peace deal on the table, if the Ukraine becomes a neutral country. It's proposing to postpone the issue of Donbass and the Crimea for 15 years. Which basically means 15 years to become a pro-Russian country. That seems to be where the negotiations are gradually going.
    A different question however is whether the West will let the Ukraine do this, and if its elites have enough independence to agree to this in the first place.

I'm skeptical due to this issue. And also about the issue of Kherson, Melitopol, Berdyansk, Energodar, other places - where local administrations have already been formed or agreed to co-operate with Russia. If the same regime returns there, there will be a lot of reprisals.

Russia won't accept a 15yrs deal, within that time more bio labs will be built, NATO troops embedded, and Ukraine hosting all kinds of AD systems and EW systems I can't see Russia accepting that. Zelensky is dreaming

magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, BliTTzZ, miketheterrible, Yugo90 and Podlodka77 like this post

Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:05 am

In the southwest there are terrain losses. Therefore, it is no wonder that many liberated Ukrainians do not Party out right in cheer. If the fascist Ukrainians come back, these people are killed.

The card does not like. So slowly, the problem of logistics would have to be noticeable on the Ukrainian side. ..
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 5 March311

Hannibal Barca likes this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:06 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:[

I see Ukraine are getting desperate that they are starting to use metal wheelie bins as armour. lol!  Ukraine would be better to give up instantly s lost cause for sure.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, auslander, BliTTzZ, LMFS and like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:08 am

A bit off topic but has Tor, Tunguska or S-300 taken down anything other than drones?
    Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:23 am

d_taddei2 wrote:A bit off topic but has Tor, Tunguska or S-300 taken down anything other than drones?

Tor shoots everything. But so many aircraft did not exist with the Ukrainians. The VKS has already brought almost everything out of the sky. S-300 / S-400 is not on enemy area.

Last edited by Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E on Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total

BliTTzZ, Yugo90 and Podlodka77 like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:24 am

d_taddei2 wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:[

I see Ukraine are getting desperate that they are starting to use metal wheelie bins as armour. lol!  Ukraine would be better to give up instantly s lost cause for sure.

That's a Russian column, and a medevac MT-LB. Look like logistics vehicles.

You can see the O and the V

Early pic from the conflict, like 1st week or so

Regular, Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E and BliTTzZ like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:55 am

d_taddei2 wrote:I see Ukraine are getting desperate that they are starting to use metal wheelie bins as armour. lol!  Ukraine would be better to give up instantly s lost cause for sure.

Don't ridicule the Glorious Ukrainian commanders angry You will notice that the wheelie bin is undamaged and is still able to fight to repel the mongoloid Moskal invaders!!! Laughing

Slave Ukro-weenie!!!

russia

franco, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, auslander, BliTTzZ, LMFS, Hole and Podlodka77 like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:01 am

Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E wrote:In the southwest there are terrain losses. Therefore, it is no wonder that many liberated Ukrainians do not Party out right in cheer. If the fascist Ukrainians come back, these people are killed.

The card does not like. So slowly, the problem of logistics would have to be noticeable on the Ukrainian side. ..
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 5 March311

I don't think we should read too much into such maps as I sincerely doubt that the authors are privy to accurate intel. IMHO it's not plausible that Russian forces have withdrawn from Nilolayev in response to (failed) orcish counterattacks.

d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, kvs, auslander, BliTTzZ, miketheterrible and like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:12 am

OT but so good... We are LEGION russia

GarryB, Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, par far, kvs, auslander and like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:54 am

Check the likes and retweets etc, holy shit.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 5 EK4szmd

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 5 VpAgtBC

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 5 6vglwmi

Russians are seeing streetlights and asphalt for the first time, eating dogs, raping underage girls, stealing make-up, and admit to all of this in perfectly normal telephone conversations with friends and family, who casually reply "well, that's natural, we're Russians after all"...

Reminds me of the outrageously over the top "barbaric hordes from the east" propaganda from another well-known conflict.

flamming_python, Werewolf, Regular, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs and like this post

Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:12 am

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:Check the likes and retweets etc, holy shit.
    Well, at least they're winning the Twitter war, that's gotta count for something, right?

Russian soldiers don't carry their  censored phones with them while deployed, they're prohibited from doing so. But Ukrop troll farms already know how stupid and hungry for any anti-Russian propaganda their western audience is, so they'll continue to feed these pigs and collect their kopiykas.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, BliTTzZ, LMFS, Hole, Belisarius and like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:02 am

VARGR198 wrote:
    I saw that, why can't they call in artillery?
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:16 am

mnztr wrote:
    VARGR198 wrote:

Probably because its urban warfare and while Artillery works very well, it can also be a problem since these Azov, Svoboda, Ukrainian military guys are hiding behind civilians and the like in buildings...

d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander, BliTTzZ, Hole and like this post

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:27 am

mnztr wrote:
    VARGR198 wrote:

Why disturb the boys, they are having fun, just listen to them.

Some things not on the table. Never on the table. Krimea. Sevastopol, Gorod and City. Novorossiya in it's entirety. Any weapon bigger than a child's spit ball launcher for the orcs. Period.

Some can dislike reality. Mother is in this fight till the end. All of 404 will be cleaned. All of it. The war crimes trials will go on for years. Siberia will again host those lovely isolation cabins, not a sound allowed anywhere near them as the inmates slowly devolve in to insanity.

Any talk of any 'independence' of 404 in any negotiations is false, SehSha firmly has Mr. Green by the short hairs. Moskau has him by the neck and butt. Who is going to be successful? My bet is Putin, Shoigu, Lavrov et al. The rest of questionable worthies are simply window dressing, pretty to look at, useless in function.

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, zardof, BliTTzZ, LMFS and like this post

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:39 am

It is an amazement to talk to my 'worldly' and 'edumacated' American friends who think I live in a stinking shit hole with KGB on every street corner, glaring at everyone. Reality is I'm far more free than they will ever dream of. Well, at least for most.

Couple local lads decided they'd use their 'net skills and start the US tradition 'tagging' of painting on properties they don't own. Rights for minors are very strong, anything short of violence is greeted with 'now now, don't do that no more, we''ll give you a ride back to your house'. Boys laughed at Militsiya, and us, continuing to mark and post Mat. So some local lads broke their fingers couple nights ago. End of problem. Works for us, and my one American was appalled that such was done. Not my problem.

GarryB, Werewolf, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, zardof and like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:44 am

A replay of the post 1945 years in Galichina is not worth the pain. Ukraine must be put in its natural borders attached to Poland.
    None of this insanity would have happened if the damned Bolsheviks did not create the absurdity known as Ukraine. It was 100%
    an anti-Russian project. The Galichina dialect (aka Ukrainian) was forced on the concocted Soviet Ukraine. Poland
    already grabbed Ukraine in 1920 so there was never any reason to create a "Ukraine" from Malorussia and Novorussia.

This military operation will be a total waste of soldiers and resources if there is any continuity of the country known as Ukraine
    in its Soviet borders. Any such country will roll back into the nationalist mode based on stealing Russian history and have
    hate for Russia at its core as a natural consequence. It really needs to be highlighted what an absurd construct "Ukraine"
    is. It is a piece of Russia being converted into a distinct ethnic group. Unfortunately, this process has had 100 years to
    take root.

Big_Gazza, JohninMK, Ispan, zardof, BliTTzZ, LMFS, Hole and like this post

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:51 am

7:50. going shortly to a facility, full dress but only my/her Russian medals and both of us are to be in period uniform. Something 'exotic' to see. Don't know and don't care what, we serve. Period.

Something has changed in this dawn. Missiles are still launching often but Kristina now doesn't like them as they arch skyward. We can see them sometimes and Kristina wanted to play with them, for her they are just an exotic and noisy toy, she has no concept of danger and size and how far from us they actually are, she is not a year yet. But something has changed that I can't hear but she can. I can tell the difference between some of them but rarely try, macht nicht to me anyhow.

GarryB, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK and LMFS like this post

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:12 am

Broski wrote:
    Dr.Snufflebug wrote:Check the likes and retweets etc, holy shit.
    Well, at least they're winning the Twitter war, that's gotta count for something, right?

Russian soldiers don't carry their  censored phones with them while deployed, they're prohibited from doing so. But Ukrop troll farms already know how stupid and hungry for any anti-Russian propaganda their western audience is, so they'll continue to feed these pigs and collect their kopiykas.

'Twitter war' don't mean squat, all 'social media' are just verbal masturbation concealing massive boredom and misery. A pox on the lot of them, it's not for me.

GarryB, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, zardof, miketheterrible and like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:41 am

kvs wrote:A replay of the post 1945 years in Galichina is not worth the pain.   Ukraine must be put in its natural borders attached to Poland.  
    None of this insanity would have happened if the damned Bolsheviks did not create the absurdity known as Ukraine.  It was 100%
    an anti-Russian project.  The Galichina dialect (aka Ukrainian) was forced on the concocted Soviet Ukraine.   Poland
    already grabbed Ukraine in 1920 so there was never any reason to create a "Ukraine" from Malorussia and Novorussia.  

This military operation will be a total waste of soldiers and resources if there is any continuity of the country known as Ukraine
    in its Soviet borders.   Any such country will roll back into the nationalist mode based on stealing Russian history and have
    hate for Russia at its core as a natural consequence.   It really needs to be highlighted what an absurd construct "Ukraine"
    is.  It is a piece of Russia being converted into a distinct ethnic group.   Unfortunately, this process has had 100 years to
    take root.  

Russia needs to pursue this operation to its logical conclusion and permanently sever the part of (ethnic Russian) Ukraine that can be salvaged/redeemed from the useless Bandera-gangrene infected limb which is rotted through and through.  There is probably nothing short of glassing with nukes or a permenent ongoing occupation that can stop Nazi Banderastan from joining NATO, but if Kiev can form the lynch pin of a neutral and demilitarised rump Ukraine (and mandated that way thru a new constitution) then IMHO it will function as an adequate buffer state.   Russia would give "Mini-Ukraine" security guarantees and come to its aid should it be attacked, and make it plain to the NATOstani fukwitz that any agression or sedition against it would be grounds for war.

Novorossiya meanwhile goes about its own affairs, and the NATO fckers and Banderite turd-worms can go and pound sand, or each others bung-holes, couldn't care less on which option they choose.

Personally i'd like to glass the West Ukies... but I guess Russians would then need to deal with the ongoing radiation hazard, and would have border control problems with having to hold the line against an invasion of brain-eating mutant zombies...  On a positive note, so would the Poolanders  Twisted Evil

GarryB, JohninMK, Hole, Mir and Broski like this post

Hinex1988

Post  Hinex1988 Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:24 am

🇷🇺🇺🇦Briefing by Russian Defence Ministry

▫Units of the Russian Armed Forces, continuing their offensive, took control of Zolotaya Niva, crossed Kashlagach River and occupied an advantageous position.

▫The advance was 6 kilometers. Up to 60 Ukrainian nationalists, 2 tanks, 4 infantry fighting vehicles, 9 vehicles for various purposes were destroyed.

▫Units of the Lugansk People's Republic, having completed the mopping-up of Zhitlovka, have advanced 5 kilometers and are fighting with nationalists on the outskirts of Kremennaya.

💥On the evening of March 30, high-precision air-based cruise missiles destroyed large fuel bases in Dnepropetrovsk, Lisichansk, Chuguev and Novomoskovsk, from which fuel was supplied to the Ukrainian military grouping in Donbass.

✈💥During the day, operational-tactical and army aviation hit 52 military assets of the Ukrainian Armed Forces. Among them: 4 command posts, 1 S-300 anti-aircraft missile system south of Izyum and 1 Buk-M1 near Kurakhovo, 2 multiple aunch rocket systems, 1 ammunition and missile-artillery weapons depot, 2 fuel depots and 38 strong points and areas of military equipment concentration.

💥Russian air defence means shot down 18 Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles in the area of Balakleya, Verbovoye, Verhnetoretskoe, Dokuchaevsk, Korolevka, Komarin, Opytnoe, Pavlovka, Repki, Chernigov, Chernobyl and Shchors, including 1 Bayraktar-TB2 near Bezymyannoe.

📊In total, 124 aircfaft and 77 helicopters, 216 unmanned aerial vehicles, 341 unmanned aerial vehicles, 1,815 tanks and other armored combat vehicles, 195 multiple launch rocket systems, 762 field artillery and mortars, as well as 1,689 units of special military vehicles of the Armed Forces of Ukraine were destroyed during the operation.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, zardof, LMFS and like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:53 am

flamming_python wrote:
    That's a Russian column, and a medevac MT-LB. Look like logistics vehicles.

You can see the O and the V

Early pic from the conflict, like 1st week or so

The Russian version of the MTLB medivac looks identical to the standard MTLB.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 5 Mtlb-s10

However the Ukrs version looks exactly like the destroyed one on the highway? >>

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 5 Mtlb-s11
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 5 0-fpiw10

GarryB, franco, psg, flamming_python, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza and like this post

lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:56 am

auslander wrote:'Twitter war' don't mean squat, all 'social media' are just verbal masturbation concealing massive boredom and misery. A pox on the lot of them, it's not for me.
    They are "winning" the Twitter war by blocking pro-Russian content, and amplifying pro-Ukrainian content. So who cares. It is a giant rigged game to begin with. You might as well be trying to post anti-CCCP content in Weibo.

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, kvs, miketheterrible, Hole, Yugo90 and Broski like this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:01 am

Rouble is back to Pre war level.

Deft currency  management by the Russian Central Bank which forced all exporters to sell FX, amidst limited demand from importers. Demand for Rouble is higher than Supply to lift it

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #9 - Page 5 Ruble10

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, lancelot, TMA1 and like this post

lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:06 am

When these Western analysts say Russia "needs" the forex from energy exports to Europe, they are not aware of the huge trade inbalance between Russia and Europe in the first place. And given that Europe banned most of the export they did make to Russia. Either officially with sanctions or with their corporates refusing to trade or work in Russia. They just skewed the trade inbalance further towards Russia's favor. Fact is, Russia could cut its energy exports to Europe by like 4/5ths right now and they would still have a positive balance of trade. So eat that Europe.

Last edited by lancelot on Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, zardof, mnrck and like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:16 am