Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+75
sentinel112
billybatts91
medo
AlfaT8
nero
Hannibal Barca
Krepost
Giulio
diabetus
Broski
0nillie0
RTN
teh_beard
ATLASCUB
Karl Haushofer
Kiko
lyle6
Yugo90
Boshoed
Singular_Transform
pavi
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Mir
lancelot
Azi
GarryB
Big_Gazza
Isos
TMA1
Dr.Snufflebug
crod
Erk
Stealthflanker
Urluber
magnumcromagnon
adder
auslander
Sujoy
Odin of Ossetia
miketheterrible
Fred333
ArgentinaGuard
Rodion_Romanovic
Ispan
kvs
Arrow
mnztr
par far
Scorpius
franco
ALAMO
GunshipDemocracy
mavaff
ludovicense
Serberus
mnrck
walle83
Arkanghelsk
VARGR198
ucmvulcan
Hole
SeigSoloyvov
Autodestruct
Werewolf
LMFS
Walther von Oldenburg
JohninMK
Regular
Airbornewolf
d_taddei2
owais.usmani
Eugenio Argentina
Podlodka77
flamming_python
Firebird
79 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:10 pm

GarryB, kvs, BliTTzZ, LMFS, Hole, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:10 pm

GarryB, kvs, BliTTzZ, LMFS, Hole and Broski like this post

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:13 pm

JohninMK wrote:More strikes, first one we knew about.

I just wonder when Russians will "Calibrate" AN-124 bringing UAVs form Turkey in shuttle mode?

psg, Big_Gazza, Yugo90, Broski, Urluber and Podlodka77 like this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:17 pm

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander, BliTTzZ, LMFS, Hole and like this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:19 pm

Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ, lancelot and Podlodka77 like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:23 pm

Sujoy wrote:
    By contrast, Biden has treated Xi with respect. Despite Xi's Covid coverup, Asian expansionism, and Muslim gulag—the largest mass incarceration of people on religious grounds since Hitler—President Biden has not hurled any personal insult at him, nor imposed meaningful sanctions.

Don't peddle neocon lies, it simply diminishes you.

magnumcromagnon, par far, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ, miketheterrible, LMFS and like this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:24 pm

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Rodion_Romanovic, BliTTzZ, LMFS and like this post

auslander
    auslander

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 21 Empty There will always be a thieving Land of Poles. Comes natural to them, just ask Napoleon. Oh wait, he's dead....

Post  auslander Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:24 pm

Ukraine supported Poland's "claims" on Kaliningrad

Head of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine Danilov: Poland's claims to Kaliningrad will help Kiev resist the Russian Federation.

Oleksiy Danilov, Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine, supported the possible territorial claims of Poland to Russian Kaliningrad on the air of the 1 + 1 TV channel.

According to the official, Warsaw's ambitions could interfere with Moscow's special operation.

"I can say that Poland, not yet at the official level, has already made claims to the Kaliningrad region. This would definitely help us," Danilov said.

Earlier, the ex-commander of the ground forces of Poland, General Waldemar Skshipchak, said that Poland should raise the issue of belonging to the Kaliningrad region, which since 1945 "was occupied by Russia." The modern Kaliningrad region is located on the territory of the former German province of East Prussia. In 1945, the battles of the East Prussian operation of the Soviet troops took place here. After the end of World War II, by decision of the Potsdam Conference, part of East Prussia (about a third) was ceded to the USSR, the rest of the territory to Poland.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ and like this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:25 pm

GarryB, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ, LMFS, Hole, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

walle83 dislikes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:28 pm

Poland is trying everything to 'spook' Russia, talk about a NATO peacekeeping force, now taking Kaliningrad

It's all worthless and useless and they will never try

Just some Polish politicians have persuaded themselves of their own propaganda, about the Russian army getting bogged down and suffering terrible losses, Ukrainian counter-offensives, etc..

But their generals know better

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, auslander, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ, miketheterrible and like this post

Urluber

Post  Urluber Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:30 pm

Sujoy wrote:
    ArgentinaGuard wrote:The bastard of Biden calling to overthrow Putin in Russia. This guy is sick.
    By contrast, Biden has treated Xi with respect. Despite Xi's Covid coverup, Asian expansionism, and Muslim gulag—the largest mass incarceration of people on religious grounds since Hitler—President Biden has not hurled any personal insult at him, nor imposed meaningful sanctions.

Then again China has never beaten huge western empires into dust, or put a man in the space before "the civilized world".
    Russia has. And it has done it for centuries. It has put to grave the Swedish empire, French empire, Third Reich (probably most powerful of western empires ever when taking in count the peers at same time and age). I don't remember everything.

They will go after China when China shows the west has all the reasons to fear it. And I think it's already starting for the past few years. It starts gradually. Then they finally attack when they have winded up themselves with years and years of hate speech, get their asses handed to them and it all starts over again.

GarryB, Sujoy, mnrck, BliTTzZ, Hole, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:32 pm

Some new uploads:

Left the gruesome execution/torture video of russian POWS done by Azov out.

d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, kvs, BliTTzZ, LMFS, Hole, Yugo90 and mavaff like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:34 pm

auslander wrote:Ukraine supported Poland's "claims" on Kaliningrad

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Yeah, thats gonna scare the Russian military, or force the Russian government to offer a face-saving way out the Banderite trash! Laughing

These people just aren't serious, but what can one expect from corrupt institutions infected with Atlancist Exceptionalism?

magnumcromagnon, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ, LMFS, Hole, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:35 pm

Here's a comparative of the two armies I did merging old posts

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2022/03/27/un-mes-de-guerra-observaciones-y-reflexiones-sobre-los-ejercitos-enfrentados/

Covers strategy, tactics, logistics.. etc

I am interested in contributions you might want to add, for example, I can't stand flaming python for ...reasons but he made a long list of technical points about gear that was interesting, I can't search for old posts, so if you have read some interesting or want to contribute something just post it here as a comment or post a link or send me a PM

Also critique is never welcome, to tell the truth, but I am willing to accept that I am a know nothing civilian and will willingly accept corrections and post them in the blog if I have said something stupid or false. I already accepted I was partly wrong on my Ukrainian army assesment of the will to fight, so I can also be wrong in other things.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ, LMFS and lyle6 like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:39 pm

Airbornewolf wrote:Some new uploads:

You're doing good work Airbornewolf cataloging all these vids

About the execution vid, one should consider why the Ukrainian side published it. Doubtless, it was to provoke the Russian side into doing the same back, and thus motivate Ukrainian soldiers not to surrender. This is a mistake the Russian side must not make - it must treat prisoners humanely and keep them detained in good conditions, following the Geneva conventions. This not only dispels all the Ukrainian nationalist propaganda via practical action both among civilians and among Ukrainian military men themselves, but also encourages more of them to surrender rather than fight, shortening the war.

Unfortunately some personalities on the Russian side have indeed reacted and although condemning torture, have called for prisoners not to be taken or some such in reaction. This is the precise reaction the Ukrainian regime is counting on, and anyone who calls for that on our side must be disciplined; at the very worst, they are effectively aiding the enemy and their war goals.

GarryB, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, BliTTzZ and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:45 pm

In terms of air-defense the Ukrainians had S-300Ps, Tunguskas, Strela-10s, Buk-Ms (M1s, M1-2s), even a few early Tors.

It has a bunch of older systems too, Kubs, S-125s, and so on

All of them seem to be integrated with NATO infrastucture. They of course had their own radars and so on too

Then MANPADs - Iglas, Stingers, now Britain is promising to send Starstreaks

The Ukraine has also been receiving some Su-27s, Su-25s from neighbouring countries it seems, as such have been downed weeks into the conflict - whereas all or most of its MiG-29s and presumably Su-27s were taken out on the ground by strikes on the first day

I think the Russian AF have done pretty well all things considered. But it doesn't have complete freedom of action in the skies over the Ukraine as yet. Helicopters are still the prefered choice, along with Su-25s.
    Su-34s and others can operate, but not too deep into Ukrainian territory, and preferably with stand-off weapons.

GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ and Yugo90 like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:50 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Airbornewolf wrote:Some new uploads:

You're doing good work Airbornewolf cataloging all these vids

About the execution vid, one should consider why the Ukrainian side published it. Doubtless, it was to provoke the Russian side into doing the same back, and thus motivate Ukrainian soldiers not to surrender. This is a mistake the Russian side must not make - it must treat prisoners humanely and keep them detained in good conditions, following the Geneva conventions. This not only dispels all the Ukrainian nationalist propaganda via practical action both among civilians and among Ukrainian military men themselves, but also encourages more of them to surrender rather than fight, shortening the war.

Unfortunately some personalities on the Russian side have indeed reacted and although condemning torture, have called for prisoners not to be taken or some such in reaction. This is the precise reaction the Ukrainian regime is counting on, and anyone who calls for that on our side must be disciplined; at the very worst, they are effectively aiding the enemy and their war goals.

Agreed, for the Ukrainian army that wants to surrender.
    But Nazi's and the likes should be put against an wall for an firing squad in my opinion.

As far as i can see, the Russian Millitary already strips ukranian POWS down to check for Nazi tattoo's.
    So there is some "special" treatment already in place for those that they capture.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK, BliTTzZ, Hole, Yugo90 and like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:51 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Sujoy wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:A Su-35 pilot also reported very heavy EW measures, which means that NATO is deploying all sorts of jamming and other means from Poland, Romania, etc... too
    Airborne jamming is it? Don't think NATO has any meaningful ground based EW system.

I'm sure it does, and with a lot of wattage, actually installed in places like Poland, Romania, etc..

The Ukrainians have their own EW systems as well

Or alternatively from Turkish ships and so on.

Jamming is an act of war. If there is jamming it's from ukraine.

If nato start jamming russia you would see kh-31 flying on them.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Hannibal Barca, auslander, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK, Hole and like this post

Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:15 pm

yesterday there was no briefing as all sources dried up, seems to have been a quiet day

I think I posted about Izyum this report covers it and I also added some thoughts on the position war in the static front

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2022/03/27/parte-de-guerra-26-03-2022/

GarryB, markgreven and BliTTzZ like this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:16 pm

flamming_python wrote:In terms of air-defense the Ukrainians had S-300Ps, Tunguskas, Strela-10s, Buk-Ms (M1s, M1-2s), even a few early Tors.

It has a bunch of older systems too, Kubs, S-125s, and so on

All of them seem to be integrated with NATO infrastucture. They of course had their own radars and so on too.
    Interesting! Russian/Soviet SAM systems integrated with NATO infrastructure?

Greece couldn't integrate their S 300 with NATO infra and neither could Turkey integrate their S 400.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:34 pm

Ispan wrote:yesterday there was no briefing as all sources dried up, seems to have been a quiet day

I think I posted about Izyum this report covers it and I also added some thoughts on the position war in the static front

Yandexed

Part of war 03/26/2022 - fighting positions
    27 March, 2022 Zhukov
    YESTERDAY:
    General situation: No important news. The destruction continues in the Mariupol bag that has been cut into two or three smaller bags, recall, there were between 10 thousand and 14 thousand fighters of the army, the National Guard and the Nazis of the Azov regiment (actually a brigade, more than 3,000 men) in the city and only 7,000 remain.
    The situation on the entrenched Donbass front is reminiscent of the positional battles of the First World War. The army of the Ukrainian insists on clinging to the strongly fortified positions in villages such as Maryinka (west of Donetsk), in Verkhnetoretsky (sector of Avdeyevka, north of Donetsk) and Popasnaya (Lugansk), in a rigid defense linear, with thousands of troops and dozens of tanks and hundreds of artillery pieces to fight back and recover a few hundred meters from the ruins, funnels, trenches and bunkers, while the fighting in the neighboring fields, such as in the southwest of Donetsk, only occupy a few battalions, companies loose in every town, and at the crucial point of Izyum where the lines of communications to the rear of the Ukrainian army in Donbass are at stake, they have hardly deployed a regiment. Three or four battalions.
    This is bad news because for the Novorussian forces it makes no sense to lose men and material in conquering and maintaining positions in the face of so much opposition, but on the other hand the obstinacy of the enemy allows to set very numerous forces, and inflict numerous casualties. Each counterattack is very expensive for the enemy.
    I don't understand this bitterness. It looks like the German defense in the battle of the Somme, in its obstinacy to maintain a single main line of resistance and in counterattacking to regain positions by prestige. I don't know if it's stupidity, or is it that there is no second line of defense and they can't carry out a defense in depth.
    It is possible that since a retreat to the Dnieper is impossible, they have chosen as a lesser evil to resist where they are, because if they lose the fortified lines of the former static front they can no longer resist anywhere. Apart from these points, they have endeavored to reinforce Severodonetsk, which is the key position that the eastern side of the salient holds.

Eastern Front - Izyum
    Старше Эдда
    https://t.me/s/vysokygovorit
    The situation of Izyum. Yesterday, tonight and the morning have become extremely interesting from an operational point of view. The situation began to change dramatically in favor of the Russian Armed Forces. Izyum itself is still not completely cleared, at least 3 hours ago, "Vovans" (troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs) with the support of tanks cleared about half of the territory controlled by the Armed Forces of Ukraine and approached Mount Kremenets.

The cleaning started in the morning, so the progress is quite fast. But the most important thing is the situation south of Izyum. Finally we took Kamenka and moved along the highway in the direction of Slavyansk. Sukhaya Kamenka was taken, and the Ukrainian Armed Forces tried to conduct a night counterattack with the support of tanks, but they were partially dispersed and partially destroyed. And this afternoon, our Blashniks discovered a large concentration of enemy forces in the village of Barvenkovo, and Iskander flew there in a very short time, hitting the center of the enemy's position.
    In addition, our artillery worked magnificently at night, destroying the enemy's Grad battery.

In general, the Ukrainian army has suffered heavy losses in two days. In Kamenka, they were perfectly fried with TOS (thermobaric missile launchers), artillery worked perfectly in counter-battery fire, and several arrivals from Iskander added a cherry to the cake.

In general, the Ukrainian army operated up to three battalions near Kamenka - from the south, west and east of the village. At the moment, their personnel and materiel have been significantly reduced, and the fortified areas are partially destroyed, partially under our control. The Ukrainian Armed Forces continue to launch artillery strikes, but it is clear that the fire is much weaker than 3 days ago.

A little more about the delivery of humanitarian aid to Izyum. People gathered near the church and waited for humanitarian aid for two days. As soon as the slightest opportunity presented itself, the transport columns arrived there.

I myself rode on this first column and it lasted 9 hours (I was lucky in general, I joined the first column in Liptsy, moving from Kharkiv, now I came with the first column to Izyum). And so.

The Ukrainian Armed Forces attacked the church and the place designated for the distribution of humanitarian aid, a few hours before the convoy left Russia. Although it was obvious to the command of the Armed Forces of Ukraine that civilians, not military personnel, were standing near the church. Real Satanism, you can't call it anything else.
    Video
    https://antimaydan.info/2022/03/rossijskie_bmp_3_zahodyat_v_donbass_dlya_osvobozhdeniya_territori.html
    Another mass surrender on the Kiev front
    https://antimaydan.info/2022/03/ukrainske_oficery_massovo_sdautsya_v_plen.html
    Share it:

Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy and BliTTzZ like this post

VARGR198
    VARGR198

Post  VARGR198 Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:39 pm

GarryB, Werewolf, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:41 pm

Ispan wrote:yesterday there was no briefing as all sources dried up, seems to have been a quiet day

I don't understand this bitterness. It looks like the German defense in the battle of the Somme, in its obstinacy to maintain a single main line of resistance and in counterattacking to regain positions by prestige. I don't know if it's stupidity, or is it that there is no second line of defense and they can't carry out a defense in depth.

It is possible that since a retreat to the Dnieper is impossible, they have chosen as a lesser evil to resist where they are, because if they lose the fortified lines of the former static front they can no longer resist anywhere. Apart from these points, they have endeavored to reinforce Severodonetsk, which is the key position that the eastern side of the salient holds.

You're on the money I'd say.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Ispan and BliTTzZ like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:49 pm

Big_Gazza wrote:
    auslander wrote:Ukraine supported Poland's "claims" on Kaliningrad

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Yeah, thats gonna scare the Russian military, or force the Russian government to offer a face-saving way out the Banderite trash!  Laughing

These people just aren't serious, but what can one expect from corrupt institutions infected with Atlancist Exceptionalism?

Ukraine said out loud what the Polish have wishes for.

Ukraine is trying to force Poland into a conflict while Poland wishes to push NATO into a conflict.

Poland won't attempt but if they did, it would be a glorious failure and a near end to the Polish state.

d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ and like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:52 pm

Poland has no legitimate claim on Kaliningrad aside from its pretensions going back to the 1600s. This is Prussian land for much longer
    than Polish land. Also, Poland should return the large swath of its western territory it got at the end of WWII, thanks to the USSR,
    back to Germany. You can still tell the difference today when traveling through Poland when you enter these German lands.

GarryB, Werewolf, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Rodion_Romanovic, BliTTzZ and like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:37 am