Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+71
RTN
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Erk
Pacense
Hannibal Barca
owais.usmani
Arsenic
Azi
Yugo90
TMA1
Krepost
lancelot
Backman
Tsavo Lion
11E
littlerabbit
Scorpius
Kiko
Serberus
Firebird
lyle6
ArgentinaGuard
mnztr
Odin of Ossetia
Ispan
Urluber
rigoletto
diabetus
GunshipDemocracy
SeigSoloyvov
Stealthflanker
Sujoy
franco
magnumcromagnon
Dima
VARGR198
Dr.Snufflebug
mavaff
AlfaT8
Broski
Isos
Mir
Werewolf
ucmvulcan
JohninMK
Podlodka77
Lurk83
LMFS
Hole
ATLASCUB
Walther von Oldenburg
Kriva
Arrow
ALAMO
EkErilaz
Airbornewolf
SolidarityWithRussia
d_taddei2
GarryB
limb
flamming_python
auslander
Big_Gazza
andalusia
Regular
Arkanghelsk
caveat emptor
kvs
miketheterrible
nomadski
par far
75 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7

Regular
    Regular

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 14 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7

Post  Regular Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:03 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:Российский боевой танк Т-72Б3 выдержал множественные попадания ПТУР/РПГ. Как минимум, один из членов экипажа смог покинуть машину.
    Мариуполь.

https://t.me/swodki/43206

Here's the full footage of the ambush

Armata needs introduction

Oh you posted full video. It's DNR tank, in the war if Armata was introduced they would still be using old tanks, not Armatas, so it wouldn't change the outcome.

Now, APS systems on the other hands would give way more chances to survive this and Russia tested APS in Syria from 2016 even on light vehicles. I imagine Russia has interesting products in the pipeline. But it is how it is at the moment.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 14 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:06 pm

I see what you meant, at bottom frame that was TC or gunner ejected

Then at right side it looks like some poor soul was hit with some rocket after exiting the turret and running off far right, then they got blown back into frame

Driver/mechanic crawls away , it looked like he was in pain

DNR is always getting fucked up like this, idk why they push so hard without support , they taking heavy casualties

Idk what DNR AOR is , but they should have comms with Russian army to have good communication as to situation on the ground

Regular likes this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:08 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:I posted the full vid

People need to see it, to hell with Ukraine

And on the right side I doubt it's TC and gunner, whatever that it, it flew from the right side, tc and gunner are either dead or concussed in the turret

Whatever that is on the right side, it came from another explosion

I don't want to argue, I hope it's not humans. But they targetted driver with ATGM/RPG and I hope there were survivors... Location was given in 5 minutes after Azov posted this

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 14 Image27
    mavaff
    mavaff

Post  mavaff Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:08 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:Наглядная демонстрация живучести танка Т-72Б3, который получил четыре попадания из ПТРК Javelin/NLAW без детонации боекомплекта, дав возможность спастись экипажу

https://t.me/swodki/43224

God damn... heroes ... t72 took so many beastly hits

They hit the engine on the left side, and he lost power... them they just kept hitting and hitting..

RIP and I hope the guy who got out made it

It said crew escaped but idk

**** Ukraine

Sources say it was a T64 of DNR, not a T72.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:11 pm

It was the same DNR in mariupol, deploying from BMP1 that got blasted at close range with AP from BTR4, deploying in the middle of street, with the gunner asleep at the damn turret

These DNR guys are brave, but damn they are too risky, they don't have the training or experience to be in these situations, of course they are miners and regular guys

War is hell

Last edited by Arkanghelsk on Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy and Yugo90 like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:12 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:I see what you meant, at bottom frame that was TC or gunner ejected

Then at right side it looks like some poor soul was hit with some rocket after exiting the turret and running off far right, then they got blown back into frame

Driver/mechanic crawls away , it looked like he was in pain

DNR is always getting fucked up like this, idk why they push so hard without support , they taking heavy casualties

Idk what DNR AOR is , but they should have comms with Russian army to have good communication as to situation on the ground

DNR is mixed bag. They have real professionals, like Vostok and Sparta and guys who only go na ura and have no clue what they are doing. But then again, the Ukrainian army is even worse now.

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, VARGR198 and Yugo90 like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:16 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:It was the same DNR in mariupol, deploying from BMP1 that got blasted at close range with AP from BTR4, deploying in the middle of street, with the gunner asleep at the damn turret

These DNR guys are brave, but damn they are too risky

It was HE rounds that blasted that BMP-1, OF (Осколочно-фугасный) Some say that aiming with BMP1 is not the easiest task. And it was already damaged, I think we could see another dead body next to it, otherwise, it wouldn't be stationary. Anyways, you can be sure this BTR-4 is not active now, 100%. They have no ammo, fuel and it's made out of paper, even VOG-25 can take it out.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:19 pm

I knew it was, someone else mentioned AP I got confused

Yeah maybe it was already hit, but damn DNR need to coordinate better
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:30 pm

Ukrainian artillery positions are being targetted while UAV is coordinating the fire

https://twitter.com/i/status/1504464033101004802

2S7 in use? Single hit and look at the huge killzone...

GarryB, d_taddei2, zepia, GunshipDemocracy, starman, Yugo90 and Arkanghelsk like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:33 pm

Regular another channel said that was VKS

I saw 2s7 working but idk if it is that

GarryB and Regular like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:42 pm

It could be. It looks like there are no Ukrs around, so if it was VKS maybe they ran shitting to the woods next to the field after they heard the plane or there were other targets hit and they run away. Ukrainians abandon their equipment very often. Anyways, good hit.

Never seen how Malka explosion looks from above, but I assume it would look massive as well.

Yugo90 likes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:56 pm

🇷🇺🇺🇦 Russian 203mm SPG 2S7M "Malka" destroys a Ukrainian SPG and a small ammunition depot near Kharkov

https://t.me/intelslava/22602

Here you go regular

It's high up so it's hard to get impression of size

GarryB, Regular, d_taddei2 and Yugo90 like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:05 pm

🇷🇺🇺🇦Кадры боя в Авдеевке от командира «Пятнашки» Абхаза

https://t.me/swodki/43701

Guys in avdeyevka !!! The pocket is collapsing fast

Regular, Yugo90 and Urluber like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:06 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 14 Img_2039

The su25 was 30 UKR

GarryB, Regular, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, zepia, GunshipDemocracy and like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:08 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 14 Img_2040

UPAB 1500 kg , wouldn't wanna be around when this drops

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Hole, Urluber and Podlodka77 like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:09 pm

IMO they should ask for some chinese drones. China has plenty of drones type but also weaponery for them.

The one they gave to Serbia would be very good.

Orion is clearly not produced in huge quantity and when I see the desert cammo on the one they already showed makes me wonder if it is not brought from Syria or is it not one of the test bed drones.

As a stop gap they should buy some 24-48 drones.

Here is the serbian version. It is in the class of forpost-R.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 14 Ecenwm10
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:15 pm

What happened with Korsar? That is also a good one, I know forpost was active too
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:25 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:What happened with Korsar? That is also a good one, I know forpost was active too

Korsar seems to be a dead project. Forpost is israeli and produced in russia with israrli electronics which are subject to the embargo. Forpost-R is russian new version with weapons but it isn't still produced in huge quantity, it's relatively new. IMO it also uses civilian electronics and will be impacted by embargo.

With all the cruise missiles, ballistic missiles and tactical missiles they used during this war and which need to be replaced they will very likely use money on them rather than on drones. US said around 1000 missiles of various type were used, that's a lot and they need to have a good stock if NATO join the party no matter if they have nuks or not.

China would very likely sell them at broken price or for more oil contracts... such drones would keep roof on building empty and lead the ukrainian to not be able to fight and give up.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:30 pm

Guess it's not bad idea, at least stop gap measure

Maybe like 200 to 300 and then produce in big numbers

I saw that the factory for Kronshtadt was finished so temporarily use maybe some China drones until factory can crank out inokhodets and sirius

Also kalashnikov drones are great, I wonder what is the status of Kalashnikov factory , like KBBLA and Lancet, they already had factory so maybe they can supply more
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:36 pm

Адресная работа СпН РФ в Херсоне.

https://t.me/milinfolive/78968

It's the damn fsb police busting down doors in kherson

GunshipDemocracy and Hole like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:38 pm

Haha, remember this guy from the 2014-2015 war, back when he was a frontline fighter

https://www.reddit.com/r/redscarepod/comments/t3vsck/texan_man_russell_bentley_has_been_fighting_in/

Good to see he's still kicking around. Put on a little weight though. Looks like his YouTube has been taken down too.

GunshipDemocracy and Arkanghelsk like this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:43 pm

https://en.news-front.info/2022/03/17/ukraines-denazification-operation-operational-update-march-17-updated/

08:34 lists the oblasts according to the RU MOD that are in favour of "good relations" with Russia.
    Basically includes Odessa and Zhtomyr but doesn'tmention Vinnytsia. Then its all the way East.
    They mention 15m people, plus the Donbass and of course Crimea are already liberated.

So I wonder...will there be a partition there?
    What will happen to the West?
    Because thats where Uncle Sham will want to station his nukes and stage terrorist groups from.

I notice Russia is now striking the West, but its not sending troops there right now.

Frankly I see dealing with Banderastan proper ie Lvov etc to be a lot easier. BEcause if they despise Russia, Russia doesn't have to worry about killing them in an (ahem) surgical strike from a Tu-95 bomber.

Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy and LMFS like this post

diabetus

Post  diabetus Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:50 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:🇺🇦🇷🇺 D-30 howitzer of the Crimean Battalion of the Territorial Defense Forces in a residential area

https://t.me/intelslava/22516

Do you know where that is?
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:55 pm

Isos wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:What happened with Korsar? That is also a good one, I know forpost was active too

Korsar seems to be a dead project. Forpost is israeli and produced in russia with israrli electronics which are subject to the embargo. Forpost-R is russian new version with weapons but it isn't still produced in huge quantity, it's relatively new. IMO it also uses civilian electronics and will be impacted by embargo.

With all the cruise missiles, ballistic missiles and tactical missiles they used during this war and which need to be replaced they will very likely use money on them rather than on drones. US said around 1000 missiles of various type were used, that's a lot and they need to have a good stock if NATO join the party no matter if they have nuks or not.

China would very likely sell them at broken price or for more oil contracts... such drones would keep roof on building empty and lead the ukrainian to not be able to fight and give up.

The war will be over way before then. A few more weeks.

Regular and GunshipDemocracy like this post

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:58 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:🇷🇺🇺🇦 The Russian heavy artillery installation Malka with a caliber of 203 mm is working on the positions of the Ukrainian army in the Kharkiv region.
    That'll leave a scar, no doubt.

GarryB, d_taddei2 and magnumcromagnon like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:48 pm