Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+81
Aristide
zorobabel
Cheetah
zepia
ludovicense
VARGR198
Serberus
Rasisuki Nebia
billybatts91
rigoletto
jhelb
mnztr
diabetus
Kiko
ahmedfire
Dima
TMA1
lancelot
Belisarius
walle83
Odin of Ossetia
AlfaT8
Urluber
mack8
Hannibal Barca
Podlodka77
LMFS
RTN
SeigSoloyvov
auslander
andalusia
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Big_Gazza
Firebird
DerWolf
teh_beard
Kriva
ucmvulcan
Ispan
franco
Arrow
Azi
nomadski
Walther von Oldenburg
ALAMO
GunshipDemocracy
Dr.Snufflebug
Yugo90
Lurk83
Isos
adder
Hole
JohninMK
Scorpius
Werewolf
Singular_Transform
Airbornewolf
Sujoy
Mir
Stealthflanker
OminousSpudd
Vann7
miketheterrible
ATLASCUB
lyle6
magnumcromagnon
kvs
sundoesntrise
GarryB
thegopnik
Arkanghelsk
ArgentinaGuard
Erk
flamming_python
par far
Backman
Broski
Regular
Krepost
EkErilaz
d_taddei2
85 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 17 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

Post  miketheterrible Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:23 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:I am currently in East Africa and friends back home just got their gas and electricity bill estimate for April. Their bills range from going up £750-£1400 that's around $1,000-$1800 extra and the price we see for gas is going up daily. And fuel prices in UK are shooting up. My brother is looking after my car (mercedes 190e) while am here and price of fuel is £1.70/$2.23 per litre for super unleaded (need to use E5 my car its 31yrs old) and the cost is rising daily. I would imagine other commodities will rise as well sunflower oil, anything using wheat, fertilizer or aluminium.

All complaining about costs rising while praising UK government sanctions, sending weapons and money to Ukrainian government and putting Ukrainian flags on their profile pics on FB and sending aid and money to charities for Ukraine. If their is ever an example of shooting yourself in the foot and complaining this is it.

We are a major oil and gas nation, and our prices have skyrocketed for petrol.

It's stupid.

Thankfully, many here in Canada are complaining about the media propaganda about this. Many are saying "if Russians weren't allowed military in Cuba, then why are US allowed in Ukraine?"

GarryB, Werewolf, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 17 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

Post  flamming_python Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:36 pm

walle83 wrote:
    Urluber wrote:
    ArgentinaGuard wrote:What they are doing to Russia has never been seen in human history. Not even Nazi Germany had such sanctions.

Yes.
    And there is good reason for that: Russia is also the only one who has been able to stand against the western hordes. I mean there is no non-western country in the history of mankind other than Russia who would have raised its flag over Berlin, marched with its army through triumph arch of Paris. There are still memorial tombs of American soldiers somewhere in Vladivostok from their previous attempt to have a say at matters in Russia.

Western power circles are fully aware of this. And they are now doing everything to prevent Russia gaining more strength. It's their job. But so it is the job of Russia to make sure they fail again - as every other time in the history when they have tried.

I would say they are doing a very good job so far. The russian economy is in a free fall and the sanctions continues to grow. This will have severe consequences for Russia both for the people and for the Russian ability to rearm its military.

All Russia really has to do is hold down the fort

The rest of the world will do the rest.

I think this is the whole strategy behind all of this.

All the Putin meetings with the Chinese over 2020-2021. The meetings before the war with the Indians, Iranians, Argentinians, Brazilians, Hungarians, Azerbaijanis, etc...

Russia will hold on I think. Even if this is a bullshit war. We're in it now, economic blitzkrieg has been the retaliatory measure but it's not a fatal wound, and the country will mobilize economically and socially I suspect.

GarryB, Hannibal Barca and lancelot like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:40 pm

A bit more on 'things to come'

CIT (en)
    @CITeam_en
    · 5h
    This Pentagon source certainly surprised us and other researchers, because recently more tanks, self-propelled guns and other armored vehicles were observed moving on trains towards Ukraine.

https://twitter.com/DanLamothe/sta

Whilst this is from 4 days ago

C O U P S U R E
    @COUPSURE
    · 4h
    High resolution satellite imagery from March 3 shows 42 An-2 biplanes, 2 rare EW Il-22PP aircraft and 1 ELINT Il-20M aircraft deployed at Seshcha airbase located 160 kilometers from Ukraine.

Thanks to @Gerjon_ for the help in identifying the aircraft.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 17 FNWBen8X0AI6h2s?format=jpg&name=medium

d_taddei2, kvs, Hole, Yugo90, Mir, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:43 pm

So what would a50u do in this scneario? Map the sky , look for aircraft, maybe see radar emissions ?

Il20pp would look for strong electronic sigint emissions

Il22pp would help jam radar guided missiles,

And maybe accompanying will be strike fighters like su34, su30, su35, su24

Guide also cruise missiles?

I guess they will be using laser guided munitions amd free fall bombs?

Hole, Yugo90 and Broski like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:59 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    kvs wrote:People who thought bitcoin was some independent alternative to fiat are fully deluded.   All sorts of coin "pockets" and trading outfits
    are banning Russian transactions.   Obviously just as controlled as fiat.

I never bought in to the "independent Bitcoin" hype in the first place. How can Bitcoin traders be 'independent' if they don't own the fiber-optic cables?

All of them can be independent, but at the same time simply be coerced to fall in line when the whole economic arsenal is deployed
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:59 pm

Seems USA are a bit worried that their bio labs might be exposed

The US is working with Ukraine to prevent biological research facilities from falling into the hands of Russians — Nuland

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, kvs and like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:03 am

Looks like NATzO will try to prop up a Banderite regime centered on Lvov. The Syrian scenario with a western Ukrainian "Idlib"
    leaves a hostile pustule that can be isolated but which festers. I hear Russian analysts advocate a regime cleansing all the way
    to the Polish border. NATzO appears not to want this since it probably still wants a Banderite enclave to destabilize Belorus
    and the replacement for Ukraine. It is possible for Poland to host an insurgency, but this comes at a price of criminals and
    weapons infesting Poland. So NATzO would want to have a Banderite nest.

I think that Russia will try to clean out Banderite vermin all the way to the Polish border. The "Idlib" approach leading to a
    rump Banderastan is not a solution. In Syria it is a temporary solution necessitated by various limited resources. Ukraine
    is a different situation.

magnumcromagnon, LMFS, lancelot, Yugo90, Mir, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Belisarius like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:09 am

JohninMK wrote:A bit more on 'things to come'

CIT (en)
    @CITeam_en
    · 5h
    This Pentagon source certainly surprised us and other researchers, because recently more tanks, self-propelled guns and other armored vehicles were observed moving on trains towards Ukraine.

https://twitter.com/DanLamothe/sta

Whilst this is from 4 days ago

C O U P S U R E
    @COUPSURE
    · 4h
    High resolution satellite imagery from March 3 shows 42 An-2 biplanes, 2 rare EW Il-22PP aircraft and 1 ELINT Il-20M aircraft deployed at Seshcha airbase located 160 kilometers from Ukraine.

Thanks to @Gerjon_ for the help in identifying the aircraft.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 17 FNWBen8X0AI6h2s?format=jpg&name=medium

With that many An-2 looks like paradrop mission coming soon. The An-2 is well known to have a low radar signature and able to fly extremely slow without stalling(stall speed of 50kph/30mph) which helps it blend into background clutter on radar.and being a biplane design can even glide to an extent. And it's capable of landing and taking off on rough ground. Amazing such an old aircraft still useful in modern conflict.

To note North Korea replaced some of theirs with non metal components including the turboprop blades with wooden ones to further reduce radar signature. Their tactics are similar paradrop of special forces flying low and slow.

kvs, JohninMK, Hole, Yugo90, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Belisarius like this post

walle83

Post  walle83 Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:11 am

flamming_python wrote:
    walle83 wrote:
    Urluber wrote:
    ArgentinaGuard wrote:What they are doing to Russia has never been seen in human history. Not even Nazi Germany had such sanctions.

Yes.
    And there is good reason for that: Russia is also the only one who has been able to stand against the western hordes. I mean there is no non-western country in the history of mankind other than Russia who would have raised its flag over Berlin, marched with its army through triumph arch of Paris. There are still memorial tombs of American soldiers somewhere in Vladivostok from their previous attempt to have a say at matters in Russia.

Western power circles are fully aware of this. And they are now doing everything to prevent Russia gaining more strength. It's their job. But so it is the job of Russia to make sure they fail again - as every other time in the history when they have tried.

I would say they are doing a very good job so far. The russian economy is in a free fall and the sanctions continues to grow. This will have severe consequences for Russia both for the people and for the Russian ability to rearm its military.

All the Putin meetings with the Chinese over 2020-2021. The meetings before the war with the Indians, Iranians, Argentinians, Brazilians, Hungarians, Azerbaijanis, etc...

Russia will hold on I think. Even if this is a bullshit war. We're in it now, economic blitzkrieg has been the retaliatory measure but it's not a fatal wound, and the country will mobilize economically and socially I suspect.

Apart from China, that has started to sound annoyed by the situation i europe the last few days, few nations in that list can help Russia. India will stay neutral but nothing else, Braz and Argentina wont dare because of pressure from the US. Iran are already sanctioned them self, Hungary is a Nato member for god sake and is supporting the EU and adding Nato US troops for defence.
    walle83

Post  walle83 Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:13 am

Life in Mariupol, March 8.

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:19 am

d_taddei2 wrote:I am currently in East Africa and friends back home just got their gas and electricity bill estimate for April. Their bills range from going up £750-£1400 that's around $1,000-$1800 extra and the price we see for gas is going up daily. And fuel prices in UK are shooting up. My brother is looking after my car (mercedes 190e) while am here and price of fuel is £1.70/$2.23 per litre for super unleaded (need to use E5 my car its 31yrs old) and the cost is rising daily. I would imagine other commodities will rise as well sunflower oil, anything using wheat, fertilizer or aluminium.

All complaining about costs rising while praising UK government sanctions, sending weapons and money to Ukrainian government and putting Ukrainian flags on their profile pics on FB and sending aid and money to charities for Ukraine. If their is ever an example of shooting yourself in the foot and complaining this is it.

I use Scottish Power and the bill is going up 80%. I use E5 too and it is £1.60 at our local Tesco.

d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, kvs, LMFS, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:21 am

At the bottom of the page on this forum, I'm currently getting this ad with featured articles

I'll quote one of them. 'This war will destroy us'.

War will bury the Russians
    What will happen to the ruble and the Russian economy as a whole? Answered by Sergey Guriev

On the night of February 27, Western countries announced the introduction of another package of sanctions. First of all, this is the long-discussed disconnection from SWIFT and the freezing of assets of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation in the European Union, the USA and Canada. Now the Russian Central Bank will not be able to use its international reserves to maintain the stability of the ruble. Meduza special correspondent Anastasia Yakoreva spoke with economist Sergei Guriev about how this will change the Russian economy.

— The EU, the US and Canada announced the freezing of the reserves of the Central Bank. It seems that this scared everyone more than the disconnection from SWIFT. How hard will it hit us?

- This is very important news, absolutely unexpected, no one knew that this was possible. The presence of reserves has been one of the key pillars of macroeconomic stability - what will happen tomorrow in the foreign exchange market is difficult to predict. Just because it never happened. We are entering a situation in which it is difficult to predict how the ruble will behave. Maybe tomorrow there will be no auction. Maybe there will be panic. But this is a huge blow to the ruble. This can be said with absolute certainty.

— Does the fact in which country the Central Bank reserves are actually stored now affect this?

— Yes, it does. Now some say: it's okay, the Central Bank still has gold and yuan, they can definitely be sold. It's also a non-obvious moment. Because American sanctions are a very serious mechanism, and Chinese banks will not necessarily want to help the Russian Central Bank, because America can impose serious punishment on them for this. It's happened before, it's not a theory. For example, with the French bank BNP Paribas, which violated US sanctions and was forced to pay a multi-billion dollar fine. I can't imagine that Chinese banks would be willing to help Russia at that cost.

The situation is completely unclear. Will it be possible to realize the gold tens, as [Mikhail] Bulgakov would say? It is not entirely clear who would want to buy this gold [from the Central Bank's reserves] at the risk of falling under US sanctions. America may prohibit Chinese banks from buying Russian gold and exchanging the yuan that the Central Bank has for dollars. And the Russian Central Bank, of course, needs dollars and euros, because most of the imports of the Russian economy are still Europe. To buy pills, technology, food, you need dollars, not yuan.

Whether Chinese banks can help Russia cope with the shortage of dollars or euros is completely unclear. I wouldn't bet on it. I think that, most likely, Chinese banks will say: “Sorry, we are great friends and we think that you are great fellows, but because of American sanctions we will not be able to cooperate with you.”

- Will it be similar to some of the crises that Russia has already gone through?

- Unknown. It will be harder than in 2014, because then there were just reserves - and the Central Bank knew what it could and what it could not. Basically, oil prices are high today. But it is not clear whether Russian oil exporters will be able to sell this oil and get dollars, because in theory they will receive dollars, but in practice: will they be able to transfer them to Russia and sell them somewhere?

All this becomes very complicated. No one knows how the sanctions will work. This happened with Iran and North Korea, but Russia is not Iran or North Korea, it is a much more important player. How this will work with Russia, no one knows yet.

- Did Iran and North Korea also freeze their reserves?

- They froze, but these were completely different quantities, and they did not count on them. If you had asked me on Friday [February 25], I would have told you: the situation is difficult, Russia will be cut off from technology, Russia will not have economic growth, but Russia will not have a currency crisis, because Russia has huge foreign exchange reserves. Today I can’t say anything, because this has never happened before.

Is a scenario realistic in which Russians will begin to withdraw dollar savings?

Yes, absolutely real. This is how they will be removed. You will be told: "You have dollars, but you do not have the right to withdraw them, you can convert them into rubles at the rate set by the state." Such a scenario is quite possible. The scenario when import will be sharply reduced is real. It turns out that Russian citizens do not have enough dollars or the dollar is very expensive and Russians cannot afford to buy medicines because they cannot afford them.

Are there any examples of such sanctions working?

- It works, of course. I will give you an example of Iran. Iran wanted to build its own nuclear bomb, sanctions were imposed, Iran went to negotiations and made a deal - negotiations. And until the arrival of Donald Trump, this deal was supported.

Most likely, such harsh sanctions will lead to the fact that Vladimir Putin will have to start negotiations on the withdrawal of troops from Ukraine. And the dissatisfaction of the citizens will push him to this. I would not put my money on the fact that tomorrow grateful citizens will come out with posters: “Thank you, Vladimir Vladimirovich, for the ruble is much cheaper than last week. We support the war against the brotherly people." There will be no such rallies tomorrow. Sooner or later he will have to negotiate.

- If Putin goes to negotiations and withdraws troops, what will happen to the Russian economy?

- The main question is which sanctions will be lifted. But I can't tell you anything good. Because the very precedent that happened suggests that something is possible in Russia that was not expected before. In this sense, I am not sure that all sanctions will be lifted, and most importantly, I am not sure that there will be a sharp influx of investments, because Western investors will think: “I am now investing in Russia, and then Vladimir Putin will come up with something new, and I will lose everything.

- Are there options for tightening existing sanctions?

— I can tell you a lot of things, but I won’t, so that it doesn’t seem that I am suggesting some ideas to people who are imposing sanctions against Russia. I can say one thing: an embargo on the export of Russian oil may be introduced. If you had asked me two days ago, I would have said: this is impossible. Now we see that everything is possible.

- When can this happen and what will replace it?

“It will be replaced by the expansion of shale oil production in America. Vladimir Putin will try to sell Russian oil to China and simply get a lower price for it. But I don't think it will be needed. I think that there are already so many sanctions today that Vladimir Putin has many incentives to negotiate. Although I wouldn't predict anything.

- Disabling SWIFT against this background, apparently, is lost?

— SWIFT is an important symbolic story. Because everyone was talking about disabling SWIFT as a key step, a watershed. Everyone said it was impossible. And now it's possible. Although from my point of view, the sanctions against the Central Bank are much more painful than the shutdown of SWIFT, the shutdown itself shows that what was considered too scary yesterday is being discussed and implemented today.

- Another serious sanction is a ban on the export of high technologies to Russia. What will it lead to?

- Russia will not have prospects for technological development. Everything Russia wants to do in the technology field depends on cooperation with other countries. Russia is not alone in this. China also cannot do anything on its own. And America. iPhones are not made only in America. There is a simple fact: the most advanced microchips are made in Taiwan. Taiwan has joined the sanctions. This means that the development of technology in Russia will stop.

- What did Putin count on when starting the war, knowing that we are so dependent on other countries?

- It is difficult to judge, but I probably thought that the West would not dare to impose such serious sanctions. Secondly, he believed that the war would be over very quickly and everyone would be confronted with this fact. Why impose sanctions if everything is already over? But it happened differently. Western leaders felt cheated, Western society - which is very important - saw that 1939 had come again, they know that 1940, 1941, 1945 are coming after 1939, and no one wants a new European war. And Western society demanded drastic measures from their governments.

Is the West risking something by imposing such sanctions? Russia can stop gas supplies?

- The West is ready for this, it is discussing it quite seriously. The West knows that it depends on gas less than Russia depends on gas supplies.

That is why today Vladimir Putin did not say that he would stop gas supplies and the Europeans would burn wood. He said: we have nuclear weapons. This is what everyone is afraid of. That is why Western soldiers will not fight on Ukrainian soil. However, we must remember the statement of the French Foreign Minister [Jean-Yves] Le Drian, who said: "Do not forget that NATO is also a nuclear alliance." But the price of life in the West is very high, nobody wants a nuclear war. Everyone hopes that economic measures will be enough.

Do you think they will be enough?

- I think yes. I gave you the example of Iran. Of course, it is quite possible that Vladimir Putin will continue the war. But there is another important factor - the Ukrainian people continue to resist. Without his heroic defense of his country, economic sanctions would not have been enough.

- What can you advise ordinary Russians in this situation?

“War costs Russians dearly and will cost even more. The war must be stopped. That's what I can say. I live abroad and cannot give advice to my fellow citizens who live in Russia. But I admire the courage of those who publicly speak out against the war and go to anti-war rallies.

Man, the West is really pulling out all stops isn't it

All in the style of "Russian Ivan, Surrender!", as the Germans used to say

The article was written on the 28th of Feb and it looks like its author had already skipped across the border by that time.

Well the Chinese already told the Americans to beat it, and effectively the Indians did as well. The rouble fell but its value only halved so far, no more.

The reserves of the Central Bank being frozen is a major f-up of course. Doesn't look like Putin prepared adequately for this war either in the economic or the military sense, although I'd imagine Russia will pull through. The Chinese are already talking about buying up Russian stocks when the markets upon up again.

lancelot and sundoesntrise like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:26 am

flamming_python wrote:At the bottom of the page on this forum, I'm currently getting this ad with featured articles

I never see any ads. Are you not using an Ad Blocker?

Kriva and LMFS like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:29 am

walle83 wrote:Life in Mariupol, March 8.

Not available in my country apparently, uploader's preferences

Don't know what it shows, but the Azovites haven't been allowing civilians out

First they were killing them

And now they are playing nice in front of the cameras, and explaining to people that they can't let them out due to "Russian shelling"

Of course the truth is that like in Kharkov, they are keeping everyone in so that Russian and DNR/LNR forces can't clean out the city

GarryB, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Mir and Broski like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:38 am

walle83 wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    walle83 wrote:
    Urluber wrote:

Yes.

Apart from China, that has started to sound annoyed by the situation i europe the last few days, few nations in that list can help Russia. India will stay neutral but nothing else, Braz and Argentina wont dare because of pressure from the US. Iran are already sanctioned them self, Hungary is a Nato member for god sake and is supporting the EU and adding Nato US troops for defence.

No-one needs to help Russia, just ignore the threat of US sanctions. Which they will do as they want Russian resources and raw materials.

The idea that the US can ward off the rest of the world from buying Russian at a time of sky-high prices for everything is comical. US sanctions in this case will simply do less damage than not getting resources at affordable prices.

If they have to switch to alternative systems like Global Pay then they will. This would mark the turn to a different international trading model, and under different currencies to the dollar and euro.

The West will still be saddled with Russian resources at market prices meanwhile that they have to pay for in roubles, per the Russian economic ministries new laws.

GarryB, lancelot and Broski like this post

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:53 am

flamming_python wrote:
    Regular wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    What about the helicopter that followed it?

That helicopter was shot by the Russians.
    Seriously, it was weather conditions, no reports of anything else involved so far.

A Romanian MiG-21 which was escorting a Ukrainian Su-27 back to its airspace disappeared
    Then the helicopter which was sent to look for it disappeared
    Both of those reported as due to 'weather conditions'

Around that time there was also the report of an Estonian-registered trawler approaching Odessa or around it sinking due to hitting a sea mine

Just a little bit of humor from my side. Laughing Laughing

GarryB and magnumcromagnon like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:53 am

Can someone explain, how a50u and il20m and il22pp will coordinate SEAD missions?
    lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:55 am

d_taddei2 wrote:All complaining about costs rising while praising UK government sanctions, sending weapons and money to Ukrainian government and putting Ukrainian flags on their profile pics on FB and sending aid and money to charities for Ukraine. If their is ever an example of shooting yourself in the foot and complaining this is it.
    If the West wanted to decouple fine. But they should not have been this abrupt. This will backfire on them. Big time.
    We will see the effects in 3-6 months tops.

d_taddei2 and kvs like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:02 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:Can someone explain, how a50u and il20m and il22pp will coordinate SEAD missions?

A50U would detect radars and missile launches, the Il20M would be doing Elint recon for commo and sensor detection while the Il22PP is for EW or missile and radar suppression.

Hole and Mir like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:03 am

franco wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:Can someone explain, how a50u and il20m and il22pp will coordinate SEAD missions?

A50U would detect radars and missile launches, the Il20M would be doing Elint recon for commo and sensor detection while the Il22PP is for EW or missile and radar suppression.
    What would Tu214sr perform? 

What significance would these aircraft make in a SEAD mission?

If they augment the success of the strikes, is there a reason they are just being employed now?
    ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:08 am

So what is the latest around Nikolayevsk?
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:08 am

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

ASB News / MILITARY〽

@ASBMilitary·6m

Saudi Arabia and the UAE decline Biden’s phone calls and refuse to speak with Biden about countering Russia and containing a surge in oil prices

ASB News / MILITARY〽
    @ASBMilitary·5m

They both took calls from Putin

GarryB, Werewolf, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, zepia, GunshipDemocracy, miketheterrible and like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:28 am

Some historical truth:

The name Malorossiya does not mean "little Russia" or "second rate Russia". It follows the Greek formula and refers to "core Russia"
    or "heartland Russia". So Russia is greater Malorussia.

In 1897 only 5% of "Ukrainians" referred themselves as Ukrainians. It was the Bolsheviks that deleted the Malorussian identity and
    replaced it with the fake "Ukrainian" one. Ukrainians are the people who are in the region of Lvov and are mostly Uniates.

magnumcromagnon, GunshipDemocracy, Rodion_Romanovic, LMFS, Mir, Broski and sundoesntrise like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:56 am

I am watching an analyst on a Russian livestream give an excellent overview of Ukr strategy over the last 8 years. They were
    building up for urban warfare and not for conventional forces battle in the open. They unloaded their tanks and their jets.
    They invested in paramilitary units and dirty warfare tactics. What we are seeing in Kharkov and Mariupol is planned.

We will see how their strategy plays out.

JohninMK and Mir like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:04 am

kvs wrote:Some historical truth:

The name Malorossiya does not mean "little Russia" or "second rate Russia".   It follows the Greek formula and refers to "core Russia"
    or "heartland Russia".   So Russia is greater Malorussia.  

In 1897 only 5% of "Ukrainians" referred themselves as Ukrainians.   It was the Bolsheviks that deleted the Malorussian identity and
    replaced it with the fake "Ukrainian" one.   Ukrainians are the people who are in the region of Lvov and are mostly Uniates.

That was over 100 years ago

These days Ukrainians are not only Ukrainians, but also 'Europeans'

And it was their elites who decided who they should be and who their enemies are. Russians in this case

The only way to change this is not through invasion and countering years of brainwashing, but dealing with their elites, splitting their elites. Which in turn is possible with greater economic power.
    All gone to waste now though.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:21 am