Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+79
Scorpius
auslander
adder
sundoesntrise
franco
Eugenio Argentina
Atmosphere
pavi
dino00
lyle6
billybatts91
wilhelm
Singular_Transform
Arrow
higurashihougi
mnrck
ahmedfire
ATLASCUB
Hannibal Barca
ArgentinaGuard
ScotchedEarth
Ispan
nero
The Ottoman
psg
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
lancelot
Azi
limb
Werewolf
rigoletto
mack8
Serberus
Sujoy
OminousSpudd
GarryB
teh_beard
Yugo90
Erk
Odin of Ossetia
ucmvulcan
SolidarityWithRussia
bitcointrader70
AlfaT8
Broski
LMFS
Kriva
Big_Gazza
magnumcromagnon
thegopnik
Hole
Regular
GunshipDemocracy
Stealthflanker
medo
JohninMK
SeigSoloyvov
Mir
VARGR198
Walther von Oldenburg
Firebird
Urluber
Rasisuki Nebia
Airbornewolf
ALAMO
nomadski
Rodion_Romanovic
Vann7
George1
miketheterrible
flamming_python
par far
kvs
Isos
Karl Haushofer
EkErilaz
Arkanghelsk
Backman
d_taddei2
83 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4

teh_beard
    teh_beard

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4

Post  teh_beard Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:16 pm

Yugo90 wrote:If Russia will have a war with nato inside Ukraine, can they have a mobilization maybe ? They will need alot of manpower if Poland attacks their forces in Ukraine.
    If Poland attack our forces in Ukraine there will again Poland from sea to sea. Or at least straight named after it.
    And it all won`t matter long enough for any of us to be demoted from armchair generalissimos to whatever rank each should have in reserve.

So chill. Not happening.
    And also Blinken`s statement was rapidly corrected, "misunderstanding we didn`t mean nuthin'"...

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, miketheterrible, Hole, lancelot, Yugo90 and Mir like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4

Post  thegopnik Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:17 pm

need to mobile more S-400s I guess https://www.rt.com/news/551375-blinken-fighter-jets-ukraine/
    mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:19 pm

While i wouldn't want this to escalate beyond the point of no return, makes me wonder why hasn't Russia put a red line on the continuous delivery of portable systems to the ukrs, ATGMS, MANPADS and the like? They are having  a bigger effect, and actually killing russian soldiers, than couple dozens polish MiG-29s could possibly have, frankly even if they get in Ukraine the MiGs will be juicy targets to be destroyed in the air and on the ground.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:25 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 38 Screen31

Looks like Isos was right, nothing burger

Tough talk, then they shit their panties

d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, GunshipDemocracy and like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:28 pm

In any case I respect Russians decision to withhold forces

A contingency must exist for any potentiality

Big_Gazza, auslander, Yugo90 and Broski like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:28 pm

Good, I will tone down on the polak jokes Very Happy

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, auslander and Yugo90 like this post

Yugo90

Post  Yugo90 Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:29 pm

Could Russia maybe use their soldiers from Tajikistan and Armenia in this war ? If things get hot. They have big army there.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:29 pm

Ispan wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    Ispan wrote:yesterday collected war reports and other useful info

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2022/03/06/parte-de-guerra-05-03-2022-2000-horas-informes-varios/

Your reports are always worth reading, so here is the easy version  Laughing

Just use a web browser with the ability to auto translate pages, I use Yandex, but Chrome does it too and I suppose all browsers do it by default.

I don't know why you should have a problem with italics, makes the wall of text readable and helps me underline what's reported and what are my extrapolations and comments.

There's no need to copy paste here, but if you like it more that way suit yourself. I regret I have no time to do it myself.

I don't use a web browser with auto translate so have to use Yandex. Having done so it made sense just to post it here so that others who have the same issue don't have to do it.

A case of only one person having to do the work rather than many.

It is Yandex that loses the internal to your article italics. My comment was about not pasting the whole article in italics, which I normally do as its not mine.
    teh_beard
    teh_beard

Post  teh_beard Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:30 pm

mack8 wrote:While i wouldn't want this to escalate beyond the point of no return, makes me wonder why hasn't Russia put a red line on the continuous delivery of portable systems to the ukrs, ATGMS, MANPADS and the like? They are having  a bigger effect, and actually killing russian soldiers, than couple dozens polish MiG-29s could possibly have, frankly even if they get in Ukraine the MiGs will be juicy targets to be destroyed in the air and on the ground.
    Because a statement of a rule you can`t enforce is only ever makes you look a weak fool.
    Russia does not control western border of Ukraine, at least not yet.

If delivery of those materials will be done carelessly enough to be identified, there will be some air-bombed columns on the roads, more bombed staging areas and depots. But nothing mote then that.

flamming_python likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:39 pm

Yugo90 wrote:Could Russia maybe use their soldiers from Tajikistan and Armenia in this war ? If things get hot. They have big army there.

Possibly. Turkey looks like it's trying to keep to neutrality, or play at it at least (Azerbaijan cancelled flights to Russia at the same time Erdogan offered Putin to meet with Zelensky in Turkey). But overall I think the troops in Armenia better stay put. All the more so as a lot of them are locals just with Russian citizenship.

Tajikistan looks quite secure and the Taliban doesn't look like it has a mind to attack. But you never know with those guys.
    Again a lot of the Russian troops there are native Tajiks (not most though), and the forces in general are more trained and equipped to operate in Central Asia than Europe.

Russia has considerable forces in the Far East but they're needed there. China can be trusted I believe, but Japan can't be.

What Russia can do is start calling up some reserves, and reviving tank, motor-rifle units or expanding existing brigades to divisions.
    There are a lot of tanks, armored vehicles, helicopters in storage that can be given quick modernizations and brought into service.

However the war is still only picking up legitimacy. If Russia moves to start forming a pro-Russian Ukrainian administration and army, that will actually have local support, then legitimacy will start to pick up (already a lot of even young people apparently see the war as necessary). At that point Russia can start to mobilize some people who completed military service beforehand.

Russia's strategy at the moment is correct. Trying to present itself as the force of good, and not take even Ukrainian soldiers lives needlessly. Rather surround them and destroy their ammunition, fuel, and so on.
    If Russia can swing the invasion, into a liberation - then basically it has won, and the Ukrainians themselves can start to take over on the front lines. The DNR and LNR armies can be used as a core for this.
    But I don't know if this strategy will ultimately work. Dezombification is proceeding only slowly.

Last edited by flamming_python on Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Werewolf, Big_Gazza, auslander, zepia, lancelot, Yugo90, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:40 pm

Last edited by d_taddei2 on Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:49 pm

Conspicuous by lack of reports so far. Clearly a tough nut to crack if minimising casualties. Best bet would be to come in from the rear?

H I Sutton
    @CovertShores
    ·
    12h
    **UPDATE**
    Thread. Expected #Russian Landing Near #Odessa, Ukraine

Have categorized the landing beaches using Open Sources. Not the same as a real beach survey, but can give you an idea of the issues.

Karolino-Buhaz would be the war-game answer.
    nod @detresfa_
    @SimTack

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 38 FNJfTmNXsAMOVNF?format=jpg&name=medium

Last edited by JohninMK on Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:55 pm

Poland just denied delivery of migs, again.

On the same note, US are spreading another bullshit lie. Choigu may do a coup next week so Putin may get him arrested before hz does it. Another "source" talking without any proof and dickheads from twitter spreading it.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander, miketheterrible, Yugo90 and like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:58 pm

Isos wrote:Poland just denied delivery of migs, again.

On the same note, US are spreading another bullshit lie. Choigu may do a coup next week so Putin may get him arrested before hz does it. Another "source" talking without any proof and dickheads from twitter spreading it.

I'm just curious. How many times can be fooled before they start questioning? I'm assuming infinity

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, LMFS, Hole and Arkanghelsk like this post

Urluber

Post  Urluber Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:07 pm

Haha. The "expectations" and "fortune telling" in the west just show they know practically nothing about Russia.

First, they really might think Russia is your average middle eastern country where one man really decides everything (even if I doubt that's true even in the middle east). They have pumped up the "dictator myth" so much they might have actually started to believe it themselves.

Second, they know nothing about the persons they talk about. Of course it's BS as always but IF Shoigu would become the head of state he would just sort this out quickly and efficiently, as he sorted out the emergencies ministry, defense ministry and military. And that is not in the way Americans would like it to be sorted out.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK, LMFS and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:13 pm

ТРУХА⚡English@TpyxaNews·11m❗

The fate of the patrol vessel "Slavyansk" of the Navy has been clarified. It was destroyed as a result of an air strike by the Russian Aerospace Forces on March 3rd, the entire crew was killed.

#Ukraine #Russia #Kyiv #Odessa #Kharkiv #TPYXA #TPYXAEnglish

par far, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, VARGR198, Hole and Arkanghelsk like this post

Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:21 pm

Shows you how retarded the US leadership is. Shoigu would be much more difficult for the US, NATO, Israel and even Turkey to deal with than Putin, who consistently has given the west chance after chance to cooperate for mutual benefit. Shoigu is obviously loyal to Russia, almost to a fault.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, LMFS, Mir, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:28 pm

Updates

1) Over 163,000, Including 42,729 Children, are Evacuated From Areas of Russia's Special Operation - Russian Defence Ministry

2) Putin Talks With Bennett Over Phone After Moscow Meeting - Russian President Vladimir Putin and Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett have continued exchanging opinions on the situation in Ukraine, the Kremlin said on Sunday.
    Putin and Bennett had a phone conversation as a follow-up to their meeting in Moscow, according to the Kremlin.

3) Ukrainian Forces Use Civilians as 'Shields,' Just Like Islamists in Middle East – Ret. US Colonel

4) The Russian Armed Forces will use high-precision long-range weapons to strike Ukrainian defense industry facilities, so people working there should evacuate, Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov said Sunday

5) Russia Has Info Some Ukrainian Fighter Jets Flying Into Romania and Other Countries, MoD Says

6) Almost All Ukrainian Aviation Fit for Combat is Destroyed, MoD Says

7) Ukraine Ready to Discuss Non-NATO Status With Russia, Other Countries – Kiev Negotiator
    “We are ready to discuss some non-NATO models. For example, there could be direct guarantees by different countries like the U.S., China, U.K., maybe Germany and France. We are open to discuss such things in a broader circle, not only in bilateral discussions with Russia, but also with other partners,” Arakhamia told Fox News.

8 ) Food Stocks in Mariupol Are Only Enough For 1-2 Days – DPR

9) NATO-Labelled Laptop With Intelligence Found at Ukrainian Nationalists' HQ,

**10) Russian Gymnast Wears 'Z' Mark on Chest During Award Ceremony in Doha - Ivan Kuliak, a Russian gymnast who recently won bronze in the parallel bars at a FIG World Cup event in Doha, Qatar, attended the award ceremony wearing a symbol associated with the ongoing Russian military operation in Ukraine.
    Russian athletes participating in the event are barred from wearing their national uniforms due to a ban imposed amid the current situation in Ukraine.
    Instead of a national insignia of some sort, Kuliak wore a makeshift letter “Z” on his chest as he participated in the award ceremony, with that particular symbol recently became synonymous with the Russian military operation in Ukraine as military vehicles engaged in it often feature the “Z” mark

11) Ukrainian Radicals Cracking Down on People Without Ukrainian Passports

12) Kiev Regime Sought to Scrub Evidence of Pentagon-backed Biowarfare Programme, Russian MoD Reveals.
    The military spokesman accompanied his remarks with excerpts of documents provided by employees of Ukrainian biolabs regarding a 24 February letter by Ukrainian Minister of Health Viktor Liashko ordering the destruction of pathogens including anthrax, the plague, tularemia, cholera and other deadly diseases. (Link below for pics of documents)
    https://sputniknews.com/20220306/kiev-regime-sought-to-scrub-evidence-of-pentagon-backed-biowarfare-programme-russian-mod-reveals-1093637704.html

13) Ukraine ‘Not a NATO Conflict, Will Not Become One,’ UK’s Boris Johnson Says

14) Monitoring of military airfields in Belarus indicates that two more Russian A-50s intelligence aircraft (AWACS) arrive at Baranovichi air base, about 420 km from the Kyiv

15) tonight more aerial bombardment
    Ivano-Frankivsk, Mykolayiv, Kharkiv, Lutsk, Rivne.

16) Ministry of Defense: Cruise missile that targeted Vinnytsia were launched from the vessel in Black Sea, their trajectory was through Transdnistria

17) Two large aircraft on the deck at Gomel Airport in SE Belarus earlier today, some 48 km from the Ukraine border. Their size and shape suggest they are likely Ilyushin Il-76

18) Russian army attacked Kramatorsk with cruise missile

19) Moldova: Moldovan President Maia Sandu announced after the meeting of the Supreme Security Council that the government would ask the Parliament to declare a state of emergency in the country in the context of the war in Ukraine

Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, Kriva and like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:30 pm

The whole idea of more jets is silly. Delivery of them would be easy to track and eliminate. Now, drones are another question. US has tons of UCAVs to be retired and they don't need much training to use.

flamming_python likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:31 pm

JohninMK wrote:Conspicuous by lack of reports so far. Clearly a tough nut to crack if minimising casualties. Best bet would be to come in from the rear?

H I Sutton
    @CovertShores
    ·
    12h
    **UPDATE**
    Thread. Expected #Russian Landing Near #Odessa, Ukraine

Have categorized the landing beaches using Open Sources. Not the same as a real beach survey, but can give you an idea of the issues.

Karolino-Buhaz would be the war-game answer.
    nod @detresfa_
    @SimTack

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 38 FNJfTmNXsAMOVNF?format=jpg&name=medium

They really should have landed at dawn when the war began

Right now they're just hanging off the coast, trying to tie down Ukrainian units who have to keep waiting and guessing in the vicinity.

And are likely used as a bargaining chip for the 3rd round of negotiations

But it would have better if they had landed, surrounded Odessa, and then used something else for bargaining. Would have been a stronger position

I agree with the overall Russian strategy, in as far as this war could ever be a good idea. You better at least do things this way, rather than just destroying everything outright.
    But many tactical mistakes have been made.

Arkanghelsk likes this post

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:37 pm

take a look at this..  

What an anchor of closed russian media ,that is "pro freedom west" in Russia is saying.
    i noticed her body language and she really believe the crap she is saying.

5th column   girl , specially a news anchor in russia of pro european "Values" and "democracy"
    shows how naive and ignorant can be russians about what is going on in europe ,nato and ukraine.

CNN accuse of russia of not respecting free press ,but says nothing how the censored russian and any media in the "freedom west" north america and europe, not aligned with western media narrative. lol1

and i blame vladimir putin incompetence in not knowing how to counter ignorance in their society,
    about the problems the nation have..  the fact that she see the west as "democratic and free" is laughlable.. the west is developed only in culture and business ,but not at all in morals and values
    and human rights either.

What i will have done as president of russia ,to deal with population ignorance
    about what is happening in the world and the problems that russia face is....
    is create new laws , specially designed for forced education of idiots , like that girl..

1) demand this lady to go to ukraine with a camera man and interview no less than a hundred of civilians from rebels controlled areas ,living in donetsk and lugansk , so they
    tell their version of what is happening to them.

2) demand that she go and live in donbass for a 3 months , so she experience first hand,
    how the weapons that the "Democratic west" and the developed west give to ukraine ,how
    those are being used..

3)demand that she film with her camera ,all the places the bombs fall ,and record the civilians being torn into pieces by the "Democratic west" and observe first hand with her own eyes, how the european union organizations like OSCE monitoring the violence , do nothing ,say nothing and look to the other side , don't accuse kiev of bombing civilians homes for 8 years.

4) and after those 3 months ,,

show that idiot how the democratic west is jailing people for protesting mandatory vaccinations.
    and taking away their properties.. as they doing in canada..

5)show that idiot , the "freedom australia" their concentration camps for people that refuse to vaccinate.

6)  invite her to talk to nazis that russian army arrest , in mariopul how they had hostage a hundred of civilians women and children, not allowed to live the cities in war , and interview arrested nazis so they tell her how the "freedom and developed west" was financing criminals nazis in ukraine
    that were leading an ethnic cleansing of ethnic russians or anyone who speak that language.

7)invite her to enter the kiev controlled zones to interview the banderas and other ultra nationalist
    groups but warn her that just for being russian ,she can be killed or raped and arrested.

8)later if she is not killed there , invited to russian media to tell her story of what she saw.

-major re-education programs in universities needs to be done and show videos of the nazis in ukraine and baltics and how western leaders , cheer them as heroes.. and how nazis allowed to do parades in the baltics ,celebrating hitler and nazis. there are plenty of americans in the west that will be ready to educate russians universities about the massive corruption and crime that rules the
    nations she calls "Freedom and democracy" and "developed"

Those canadian truckers will have big laugh at that idiotic women , of what canadistan and australistan is doing to civilians , something that surpass the repression in north korea against
    their own citizens.

The russian government have been incompetent in dealing with the 5th column in their country and putin personally , he is responsible for all this generations of idiots , by refusing to expose the west.
    of what is happening with western mandatory vaccinations.. because no matter how stupid that women is.. but if she talks with americans doctors that explain her ,the "democratic free west"
    started a depopulation plan ,a genocide of world population ,using their vaccines.. then idiots like that women will be appreciating a little more , the fact that she live in a country ,that even though her government is incompetent.. but at very least , is a government that cares about their citizens lives and do care about them.. not seeking to kill them as the "free developed and democratic west"
    is doing.

Human ignorance can be defeated with the truth
    but the passive government of russia needs to activate and stop being passive and incompetent ,and speak and not stay silent about the truth of what is going with the west. because staying silent what it does is to become complicit in this major crime happening in the world ,that is much worse than the ukraine conflict.

Last edited by Vann7 on Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

Arkanghelsk likes this post

Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:39 pm

Breaking news from the BBC (Banderist Bastard Corporation), 200 tanks and one weaponized landwhale of the invaders have been captured and/or destroyed in the last 24 hours.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 38 RoEyAuw

Last edited by Broski on Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, LMFS, Hole, Mir and Arkanghelsk like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:42 pm

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:

Not interested in any of the political bickering back and forth, I am interested in aviation.

I haven't really paid all that much attention to this conflict so far, but had a glance at it today, focusing in the aerial bit.

So, there seems to be a kind of crazy propaganda campaign going on from the Ukrainian and/or western-leaning camp, they reinforce each other, so to speak:
    1. A "Ghost of Kyiv" hoax circulated for days, even involving the notorious 4Chan phenomenon Sam Hyde (written in a vaguely Slavicized variant, with Ukrainian Cyrillic). A MiG-29 claimed 6 (or more) Russian jets over Kyiv.

It's been a week, and there is no corroborating data for even a single one.

2. Two Russian VDV Il-76's shot down over two small villages/towns south of Kyiv, carrying hundreds of paratroopers each. Widely distributed news, was "confirmed by US officials" and so on, but seemed very fishy from the get-go given the geographical connotations (how and why would a big lumbering Russian transport jet fly over central Ukraine in the middle of this all?), and even more fishy as the hours went by, given that the Il-76 is basically a C-17-sized plane, it leaves a big mark when it hits the ground and some on-the-ground confirmation should have shown up within 5-6 hours at least.

No confirmation to date, some 4 days later.

3. Intense dogfights over Ukrainian cities, with multiple shootdowns by Ukrainian fighters. Not a single wreck documented, not a single piece of guncam footage or anything. Some video game visuals have circulated (from Armed Assault/ArmA, and DCS World), some even published by official Ukrainian authorities, but that's it.

The latest one comes from today, with several Russian Su-35Ss apparently being shot down over Kyiv, again, by a MiG-29 or by S-300 batteries. Reported by official Ukrainian channels, but no proof as for now. These news are only hours old, anyway, so proof might surface later. Or not.

The thing is that it seems to me that the Russian Air Force actually didn't conduct any fixed-wing sorties over Ukrainian territory at all until 4-5 days into the conflict, after some SEAD operations. I could be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me. So literally everything claimed before yesterday appears false.

However, there are loads of photos and videos of aircraft being hit, aircraft crashing, aircraft being found as wrecks in fields. All of these videos have to date been confirmed to show Ukrainian ditto, and barring the occasional mechanical failure or whatever, my guess is that most losses probably involved friendly fire.

Would like to hear some additional input. I studied the air war in Ukraine during the previous separatist conflict as well back on Keypublishing and compiled a big list, and the statistics and timeline really revealed certain extremely important things and tendencies that didn't square all that well with the various narratives that were being pushed.

Seems to me there is a real informational black hole being imposed over Ukraine right now, and it makes it near impossible to assess the air war.

From what I can tell the first actual Russian fixed-wing losses showed up a day or two ago, with two Su-25s and one Su-30SM that to my eyes appear fully confirmed. Prior to this, confirmed Ukrainian losses (photo, video, wrecks) were in the double-digits already.

The official figures coming from the Ukrainian military read like bad fan fiction still, but the Russians claim 100 Ukrainian fixed-wing aircraft destroyed which also sounds way high. Granted, most are bound to have been on the ground. As late as a few hours ago they said they shot down several Ukrainian Su-27s in the vicinity of the Zhytomir airbase last night. No visual proof has shown up yet, and as I said, there is an informational black hole being imposed. Even commercial satellite services have stopped distributing fresh data over Ukraine that could potentially show impacts and so on, in an effort it seems to aid them control the narrative. Rather bizarre development, to be honest.

Two objects were shot down near Kharkov this evening. What they were and who fired at them is anyone's guess as for now, but there is video of the interceptions.

mack8 likes this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:42 pm

Shadåw wrote:
    Hole wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 38 Fnkteg10
    Frontline has been straightened.

What is the source of this map? Thank you.

Shitter (Twitter) source. Geroman.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 38 Fnl60q10
    The action is happening in the SE

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 38 Up_to_10

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, VARGR198 and LMFS like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:44 pm

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:
    Dr.Snufflebug wrote:

Not interested in any of the political bickering back and forth, I am interested in aviation.

I haven't really paid all that much attention to this conflict so far, but had a glance at it today, focusing in the aerial bit.

So, there seems to be a kind of crazy propaganda campaign going on from the Ukrainian and/or western-leaning camp, they reinforce each other, so to speak:
    1. A "Ghost of Kyiv" hoax circulated for days, even involving the notorious 4Chan phenomenon Sam Hyde (written in a vaguely Slavicized variant, with Ukrainian Cyrillic). A MiG-29 claimed 6 (or more) Russian jets over Kyiv.

It's been a week, and there is no corroborating data for even a single one.

2. Two Russian VDV Il-76's shot down over two small villages/towns south of Kyiv, carrying hundreds of paratroopers each. Widely distributed news, was "confirmed by US officials" and so on, but seemed very fishy from the get-go given the geographical connotations (how and why would a big lumbering Russian transport jet fly over central Ukraine in the middle of this all?), and even more fishy as the hours went by, given that the Il-76 is basically a C-17-sized plane, it leaves a big mark when it hits the ground and some on-the-ground confirmation should have shown up within 5-6 hours at least.

No confirmation to date, some 4 days later.

3. Intense dogfights over Ukrainian cities, with multiple shootdowns by Ukrainian fighters. Not a single wreck documented, not a single piece of guncam footage or anything. Some video game visuals have circulated (from Armed Assault/ArmA, and DCS World), some even published by official Ukrainian authorities, but that's it.

The latest one comes from today, with several Russian Su-35Ss apparently being shot down over Kyiv, again, by a MiG-29 or by S-300 batteries. Reported by official Ukrainian channels, but no proof as for now. These news are only hours old, anyway, so proof might surface later. Or not.

The thing is that it seems to me that the Russian Air Force actually didn't conduct any fixed-wing sorties over Ukrainian territory at all until 4-5 days into the conflict, after some SEAD operations. I could be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me. So literally everything claimed before yesterday appears false.

However, there are loads of photos and videos of aircraft being hit, aircraft crashing, aircraft being found as wrecks in fields. All of these videos have to date been confirmed to show Ukrainian ditto, and barring the occasional mechanical failure or whatever, my guess is that most losses probably involved friendly fire.

Would like to hear some additional input. I studied the air war in Ukraine during the previous separatist conflict as well back on Keypublishing and compiled a big list, and the statistics and timeline really revealed certain extremely important things and tendencies that didn't square all that well with the various narratives that were being pushed.

Seems to me there is a real informational black hole being imposed over Ukraine right now, and it makes it near impossible to assess the air war.

From what I can tell the first actual Russian fixed-wing losses showed up a day or two ago, with two Su-25s and one Su-30SM that to my eyes appear fully confirmed. Prior to this, confirmed Ukrainian losses (photo, video, wrecks) were in the double-digits already.

The official figures coming from the Ukrainian military read like bad fan fiction still, but the Russians claim 100 Ukrainian fixed-wing aircraft destroyed which also sounds way high. Granted, most are bound to have been on the ground. As late as a few hours ago they said they shot down several Ukrainian Su-27s in the vicinity of the Zhytomir airbase last night. No visual proof has shown up yet, and as I said, there is an informational black hole being imposed. Even commercial satellite services have stopped distributing fresh data over Ukraine that could potentially show impacts and so on, in an effort it seems to aid them control the narrative. Rather bizarre development, to be honest.

Two objects were shot down near Kharkov this evening. What they were and who fired at them is anyone's guess as for now, but there is video of the interceptions.

Some 70+ aircraft of the Uki forces were destroyed on the ground.

magnumcromagnon and Big_Gazza like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:47 pm