Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+79
Scorpius
auslander
adder
sundoesntrise
franco
Eugenio Argentina
Atmosphere
pavi
dino00
lyle6
billybatts91
wilhelm
Singular_Transform
Arrow
higurashihougi
mnrck
ahmedfire
ATLASCUB
Hannibal Barca
ArgentinaGuard
ScotchedEarth
Ispan
nero
The Ottoman
psg
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
lancelot
Azi
limb
Werewolf
rigoletto
mack8
Serberus
Sujoy
OminousSpudd
GarryB
teh_beard
Yugo90
Erk
Odin of Ossetia
ucmvulcan
SolidarityWithRussia
bitcointrader70
AlfaT8
Broski
LMFS
Kriva
Big_Gazza
magnumcromagnon
thegopnik
Hole
Regular
GunshipDemocracy
Stealthflanker
medo
JohninMK
SeigSoloyvov
Mir
VARGR198
Walther von Oldenburg
Firebird
Urluber
Rasisuki Nebia
Airbornewolf
ALAMO
nomadski
Rodion_Romanovic
Vann7
George1
miketheterrible
flamming_python
par far
kvs
Isos
Karl Haushofer
EkErilaz
Arkanghelsk
Backman
d_taddei2
83 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4

Regular
    Regular

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4

Post  Regular Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:22 pm

Orlan wrote:
    On FB post some Ukrainian from their MOD wrote it was filmed with DJI Mavic 3.

I have this drone and footage looks very similar. It's a shit drone in case anyone wants to buy it, no glonass, gps - just slow beibou. Drone runaway will be more common.
    Yugo90

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4

Post  Yugo90 Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:32 pm

Did Ukrainan nazis really blow up a building with civilians inside?
    wilhelm

Post  wilhelm Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:34 pm

ScotchedEarth wrote:
    GarryB wrote:they were re-education camps
    You’re making stuff up, Gaz. There was no attempt to re-educate the Boer internees, we were just trying to keep them alive; and we succeeded with at least 82.5%.

GarryB wrote:They were the enemy and there was no duty of care...
    Yet we somehow failed to kill at least 82.5% of them, sending them home with financial compensation no less.

Scotched Earth, you are lying. Very dishonest.
    The British concentration camps rounded up Boer women and children, then did not feed or take care of them properly.

This resulted in 1 in 4, or 25% of all Boer women and children dying in those British concentration camps whilst being locked up.

Their population never recovered from that.

You were not trying to keep them alive.
    You removed them from their farms and land, put them behind barbed wire, and didn't look after them.

It's disgusting that someone even tries to justify that. Evil, even.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, Ispan and bitch_killer like this post

wilhelm

Post  wilhelm Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:36 pm

Mir wrote:
    Big_Gazza wrote:
    ScotchedEarth wrote: BS diatribe follows..

You ain't the only Brit (or ex-Brit) here, but you are clearly one of the unreconstructed ones who swallows the BS of Empire without blinking.  Maybe once you grow up sonny, you might just learn, as I did, that the UK is nothing special, and we have a great deal to be ashamed of. So much so, that UK political whores have no business lecturing anyone...

I see he has made some "interesting" comments on the Anglo-Boer War's concentration camps here - but for now I will refrain. Wink Laughing
    It's disgraceful that Scotched Earth attempted to even try and defend the Boer War concentration camps.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs and Mir like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:37 pm

wilhelm wrote:
    Scotched Earth, you are lying. Very dishonest.
    The British concentration camps rounded up Boer women and children, then did not feed or take care of them properly.

This resulted in 1 in 4, or 25% of all Boer women and children dying in those British concentration camps whilst being locked up.

Their population never recovered from that.

You were not trying to keep them alive.
    You removed them from their farms and land, put them behind barbed wire, and didn't look after them.

It's disgusting that someone even tries to justify that. Evil, even.

Wilhelm I think we should take this matter further in another thread in the near future - let's not waist it here. Smile

GarryB, magnumcromagnon and wilhelm like this post

Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:51 pm

On an unrelated note

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, kvs, nomadski, Mir and Arkanghelsk like this post

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:11 pm

GarryB wrote:

No. It means they have people as part of the Soviet Union who actually made nukes and know how to make them given suitable materials.

Ukraine makes ballistic weapons too and could quickly build an IRBM suitable for reaching Moscow or St Petersberg with a nuke warhead.

Besides that, what you said is correct. That is one point Germans do support, not all but some. I have heard and spoken to people, that they absolutely support Ukrainian plans to acquire nukes against Russia. This people have absolutely zero understanding what defensive or offensive weapons are and in the wrong hands anything of that sort is only one step further getting Germans nuked. They are in such disbelief that they are AGAIN on the wrong side, but believe they are the white knight protecting the "civilized world" from the Aggression of unholy forces. Germans and in general westerners have been conditioned to believe that any Russian information is 100% made up propaganda from Putin or his "troll-farms" while the West has only and exclusively independent medias who would never lie, because they have no "ties" to their governments, in other words there can not be any discussion or debate with people who already declare you and your information as dangerous, propaganda-talk and right out undemocratic.

I really believe that once even Russian or American tactical nukes explode in Frankfurt, Wörms (US tactical nukes location) there will be Germans supporting the war. We are past common sense or intelligence and unfortunately there is no return for the zombies in the West. They have entered a war with direct supplies to an enemy who is also openly fascist and this means NATO has declared war on Russia. It will not be a good ending, I am maybe a pessimist but not even NATO vs Soviet Union were this close to nuclear exchange and people are just completely ignoring this fact.

GarryB wrote:
    Guided 80mm rockets have been displayed at arms shows, but whether they are in full service or perhaps just for testing purposes is hard to say.

Certainly the new box shaped rocket pods don't seem to have been deployed, but the new laser guided rockets are supposed to be compatible with existing rocket pods without modification... including single tube launchers for drones.

AFAIK the 80mm Ugroza variants are not in service due to their high price tag compared to what they are worth, however, S-24 240mm and 122mm variants are in service but also in rather small numbers. I can not give you any source because this is just more the indication to be the case than actual source, but the past firing tests of several years have usually only included ATGMs and ASMs not much else I was able to see regarding helicopter-borne firing tests.

GarryB wrote:
    They even said "we can not sit and watch what the russians are doing"

Are they going to halt all Russian gas supplies to Europe?

Maybe Russia should.

You and I know that will not happen unless they have already another option which will cost them more money and a lot more souvereignity, which in all fairness they do not have at all. Predictions have been made by others and my predictions are, that as some sort of lesser form of embarrassment to the US/NATO, a lower member of NATO, like Germany  will try to make a deal or speak to the evil heart of Putin to not let the Germans freeze and trying to acquire a limited amount/time of gas but at the same time keep up the rhetoric of pöser pöser Putin. IF Russia decides to provide them more gas then only with a special TAX and agreement with the name "Pact-of-NATO-Offensive-Sattelites-Tax"  with the acronym "PONOS" which is Russian for diarrhea for being part of an offensive highly aggressive military pact.

Garry, I am in full agreement, shut down all supply for ALL natural resource to Germany for warmongering and undemocratic fascist-like censorship and anti-freespeech actions.

There are claims made yesterday that alleged that Putin openly stated that "Russians and Ukrainians are one people."
    With this attitude he will destroy the conventional Russian armed forces.
    I do not even think that ethnic Ukrainians are even Slavs, and compare this to Putin's spread of hatred against the genuinely Slavic Poles.
    As a Polish person I am disgusted with such behavior.

GarryB wrote:
    Don't confuse nationality with ethnicity.
    Ukraine is a political creation by the communists... it was called Russia before that.
    Putins dislike of Poles is probably a reflection of their actions and words towards Russia while he has been in power...

I will never forgive Putin for this

GarryB wrote:
    So the Orcs continue their shelling... 2-3 Ukrainians killed every night for how long?

The US helping Kiev develop some nuclear weapons...

Not to mention those bio weapon labs the US has there... what are they doing?

Certainly not working on Covid or defence....

But only because of Putin, and his whole system, and the whole economy which he has built.

Of course... if Putin had kept Russia poor and energy dependent there would not have been any problems...

Has Navalny hacked your account?

I am not sure but I think he is to emotional and has to many private things going on than rather using cold rationality. Sooner or later Russia had to act and I think it was absolutely the right decision economically-wise but also military-wise. The reason behind that is, that sanctions hurt of course but will not have any affect of starting a revolution nor to change Russia's course. Hell North Korea has seen the 10000000% more intensive sanctions and is still a sovereign country and is still lacking the economy and natural resources to prosper and they stand on both legs. Russia as natural resources, technology, the required know-how and scientists and open markets to the rest of the World. The West has no natural resources to speak of except the US/Canada, but the rest of European nations are absolutely depended on Russia,China, India, Turkey and African nations.

The verminous Ottoman cockroach that trolls this thread won't like to see this...
    GarryB wrote:
    If you had read his posts, despite the abuse he is getting from some on this forum he has expressed that he supports Russia now, though your abuse might flip him again despite you not being Russian.

There are some that are not interested in the truth and are unlikely to see they were wrong let alone admit it... Aristide is one example, but don't assume everyone is actually a fool.

I think there are just to emotional people here. Ottoman or not, the one thing I do respect about the Turks is they at least have themselves and their own security and future plans in sight and are not serving dogs of NATO. Yes, those plans might contradict with ours but at this point I think they got the correct notion not to trust the NATO/EU who just use them as the front-spearhead. I of course would welcome more pressure from the Turkish Government to get the American nukes off but maybe a Cuban crisis will be enough pressure from Moscow to the US and to Turkey to make the correct decision to pressure Washington to deescalate the situation. The "Ottoman guy" imho is just a reflection of some turkish Zeitgeist.

I am not against the war, UKRs are not brotherly people

They are enemy combatants who shoot at our forces and do not deserve mercy

I give a shit about Ukraine or its people

I have seen how they speak, if they are brainwashed I dont give a damn

To hell with them all, the ones that are friendly are hiding

Everyone else is a nazi in my eyes and should have been hit hard

Rather pay money for reconstruction then lose 500 more guys

I disagree with you and biology and ethnology in consensus with what we know about Russian history is pretty clear on this. We have the same genetics, haplo-group as well as the history that nullifies any rhetoric of different origins, languages or genes. Russians, Belorussians and Ukrainians are the same people, we are not brothers we are one and the same, brothers share only 50% of the same genes. The exception is of course some western ukrainians who have been mixed with polish genes. They are our brothers, but not so much mentally because they constantly try to be the West.

What was the rationale behind banning Facebook?
    GarryB wrote:
    Hostile communication system, why let it exist?

Quite a naive question I must say. Russians had for many years enough reason to ban Deutsche Welle, Dozhd', Radio Moscwa and other western Propagandists, they were paid from abroad and had open anti-Russian rhetoric, which of course was allowed, but once they participated in criminal activity like sharing disinformation and advocating for Russian youth and minors to participate in Anti-Putin and Pro-Navalny demonstrations with the incense that all their doings which would be punished with a fine would be paid by Navaly's Fond. The Navalnists like Volkov are operating from US and Canada while demanding Russians to go on the streets and commit criminal activities against Russia and Putin. Despite all that Russia has not done jack shit against this Western 5th columnists where the West would already trialed them for 25 ++ years and made an open statement and demand to condemn and isolate Russia from the "civilized World" for being a communist,fascist, tsaririst, undemocratic, child-eating short Dictator.

The world is not black and white but some of the actions are, but despite all that it is absolutely necessary to look at the actions not the words. A lesson that most do not learn.

I know Werewolf, its just peak insanity here.
    The misinformation from western media reporting on the wars in the middle East look like a dry run to what is happening now. Screaming for War.
    GarryB wrote:
    Any coke dealer knows you shouldn't sample your own product... it is not healthy...

Only those dealers that know that they are dealers, we in Europe live in a world where the believe is it is free candy and have repeated their lies so many times, that they started to believe them.

Last edited by Werewolf on Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs and Hole like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:12 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 21 Fndc5r10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 21 Fndien10
    Presents from NATO.

Related news: Chechens stormed a Nazi bunker and found boxes full of money (Dollars, of course), marked with the label of the Int. Red Cross. Embarassed

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:14 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 21 Fndxsi10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 21 Fndx-y10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 21 Fndyfm10
    Captured vehicles

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Mir and Arkanghelsk like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:15 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 21 Fndy9010
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 21 Fnfgj910
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 21 Volnov10
    Destroyed

magnumcromagnon and Mir like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:16 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 21 Fndaq210
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 21 Fndczn10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 21 Fndnpu10
    LPR guys

d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, zepia, Mir, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:17 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 21 Scree135
    Rostov region

magnumcromagnon and Arkanghelsk like this post

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:18 pm

Hole wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 21 Fndaq210

Isn't that ukrainian uniforms?
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:21 pm

Isos wrote:Su-34 downed in the north. Pilot alive. Copilot dead.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BabakTaghvaee/status/1500052935241179140
    This is so sad. Maybe ECM and other countermeasures were not in place.

Yugo90 likes this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:22 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    Hole wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 21 Fndaq210

Isn't that ukrainian uniforms?

I ve seen similar colour scheme on dnr troops (which i think these are) plus the Russian Chechen units also seem to have such camo scheme which looks more similar to the Ukr colours than Russian

Last edited by Serberus on Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

JohninMK likes this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:22 pm

If it was hit by a BUK or something, most countermeasures and alike don't work that great.

Buk is a beast of a system. And Ukraines got a lot of em from ussr and later times.

Buk was I believe the main ad system that Georgia used to take down russian AC during Georgian war.

Isos, Broski and Urluber like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:24 pm

Sujoy wrote:

He was flying low. Probably got hit by small arm fire.

miketheterrible and Broski like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:26 pm

Isos wrote:
    Sujoy wrote:

He was flying low. Probably got hit by small arm fire.

Fly high, and become easy target for buk. Fly low, and small arms fire and manpads become a problem. Manpads are easier to counter, especially stinger, but not against AA systems.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:30 pm

https://t.me/voenkorKotenok/32000

Su34 downed

I wonder what VKS can do better to avoid these shootdown, maybe they are operating too low?
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:33 pm

They need to clean the area with suicide drones. Not all Ukraine but the areas where they fly. It's very simple. Fly recco drones to spot them and launch suicide drones to hit them.

They don't have that many operational Buks.

Post  Guest Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:36 pm

miketheterrible wrote:If it was hit by a BUK or something, most countermeasures and alike don't work that great.

Buk is a beast of a system. And Ukraines got a lot of em from ussr and later times.

Buk was I believe the main ad system that Georgia used to take down russian AC during Georgian war.

Funny tho that Russians back then used Su-34s to supress their air defences and destroy one UHF radar and Buk battery
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:36 pm

Yeah its just idk what is the deal?

I have seen vids of orion, but why is this going this way compared to say Syria where jihadis had manpads also?

There only su24 and su25 were lost, here a su34 is downed and I cannot understand why? Even if the buk is targeting high altitude,

Are SEAD tactics used?, these guys need wingman to rapidly suppress the shooter
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:39 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:Yeah its just idk what is the deal?

I have seen vids of orion, but why is this going this way compared to say Syria where jihadis had manpads also?

There only su24 and su25 were lost, here a su34 is downed and I cannot understand why? Even if the buk is targeting high altitude,

Are SEAD tactics used?, these guys need wingman to rapidly suppress the shooter

Where you been? They have been flying decoys to attract ad systems.

Shit gets misses. Think US didn't lose aircraft in Serbia or Iraq?
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:40 pm

Orlan wrote:What bothers me is I have read article translated from Ukrainian yesterday, interview with some their SO operatives from Kyiev. They mocked VDV for having no thermal sights or night googles, how they try to flank them in night but have no chance because they don't use quadcopters or night fighting equipment so they get ambushed so easily instead. So they claim evade fighting during day because they have edge at night.

And looking at those destroyed vehicles and ambush aftermatch I see it's actually true. There are barely even reflex sights on russian rifles let alone NGVs. And they took pictures wearing their Murican supplied GPNVG that cost like 40.000 USD.
    Chechens are nicely equipped,  idk where is Ratnik for regular forces, but chechens have  sights and NVG

Honestly idk why they're not supporting this op more heavy handed and what is up with the approach ?

What happened to gefest? In syria they bomb from high  , here it should be priority to scan the ground and find those AD batteries 

How is RWR ? And kh31 ARM should be replying to lock on
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:43 pm

Email the ministry of defense of Russia and tell them why they don't meet your needs and tell them what they should do. I imagine they will listen to your expertise.

Eng.mil.ru

magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza and Broski like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:16 am