Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+79
Scorpius
auslander
adder
sundoesntrise
franco
Eugenio Argentina
Atmosphere
pavi
dino00
lyle6
billybatts91
wilhelm
Singular_Transform
Arrow
higurashihougi
mnrck
ahmedfire
ATLASCUB
Hannibal Barca
ArgentinaGuard
ScotchedEarth
Ispan
nero
The Ottoman
psg
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
lancelot
Azi
limb
Werewolf
rigoletto
mack8
Serberus
Sujoy
OminousSpudd
GarryB
teh_beard
Yugo90
Erk
Odin of Ossetia
ucmvulcan
SolidarityWithRussia
bitcointrader70
AlfaT8
Broski
LMFS
Kriva
Big_Gazza
magnumcromagnon
thegopnik
Hole
Regular
GunshipDemocracy
Stealthflanker
medo
JohninMK
SeigSoloyvov
Mir
VARGR198
Walther von Oldenburg
Firebird
Urluber
Rasisuki Nebia
Airbornewolf
ALAMO
nomadski
Rodion_Romanovic
Vann7
George1
miketheterrible
flamming_python
par far
kvs
Isos
Karl Haushofer
EkErilaz
Arkanghelsk
Backman
d_taddei2
83 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4

The Ottoman
    The Ottoman

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 18 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4

Post  The Ottoman Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:12 am

Ethem Sancak, Turkish oligarch and Erdogan-fan, interviewd in Russia.

Turkish opposition is mad at him because this interview.

"Turkey stands with Russia"

"Selling drones to Ukraine was a mistake, happened before this war"

"Turkey should leave NATO"

"The US wants WO III and Zelensky is provoking it"

https://youtu.be/dBoh3mz80Vg

GarryB, kvs, zardof, Yugo90, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 18 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4

Post  flamming_python Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:19 am

The Ottoman wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    SolidarityWithRussia wrote:I have a hypothetical question: What would happen, if Russia tried to use the Bosporus strait for its warships and Turkey attacked them? Would Turkey be able to use Article 5 of Nato (An Attack Against One...) or would Turkey be on its own officially, because it attacked first?

I saw a note a couple of days ago that the Russian MoD were OK with the Turkish decision and would not attempt to move warships through the Bosporus.

Turkey helps Russia with this decision. Tactical move from Erdogan against NATO.

Because the Montreux Straits Conventions blocks entrance of every nations warships EXCEPT that of Black Sea nations.

So Russia, Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania, Georgia and Ukraine are the only ones now to sail in the Black Sea with their navy.

The US, UK, Germany, Italy, Greece or France etc cant pass the Straits now.

Turkey also rejected today to close their airspace for Russian planes or put sanctions.

But Greece and South Cyprus did. I expect more Russian support for Turkey after this war in the East Med and Aegean disputes with Greece, South Cyprus, France etc.

Definately a decisive move from Turkey

I don't understand how Erdogan has suddenly swung things around, or why. The Chinese whispering in his ear perhaps.

I'd remind you that just a few weeks ago, we had this news:

Talk of joining the EU again https://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/eu-membership-remains-turkeys-strategic-priority-erdogan-170756
    The first meeting of the Turkish and Greek economic commission yesterday after 11 years https://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkey-greece-economic-commission-meets-after-11-years-171031
    Discussions in the US on rewriting the Montreux convention for passage of warships to/from the Black Sea, which would have to have the support of Turkey of course https://twitter.com/vicktop55/status/1486426725911343104
    Dropping support for the Greek-Israeli EastMed gas pipeline https://www.euractiv.com/section/energy/news/greece-fumes-as-washington-loses-interest-in-eastmed-gas-pipeline/
    F-35 purchases being on the table again https://ahvalnews.com/f-35/turkey-us-start-talks-f-35-fighter-jets

And Greece is a EU debt slave, can't blame them either way.
    Russia promised them to not allow any harm to come to the Greek community in Mariupol and the Donbass region. A couple were them were killed by Ukrainian troops shortly before the war
    https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/greece-advises-its-citizens-ukraine-depart-immediately-2022-02-14/
    And now this news:
    https://greekcitytimes.com/2022/03/01/greek-in-mariupol-fascist-ukrainian/

I already posted vids about the Azov checkpoints

The Ottoman likes this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:27 am

So what is the situation near Nikolayevsk and in the southwest?
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:28 am

The Indian students in Kharkov have also been evacuated now to Belgorod, and from there they will be flown to India

Modi talked to Putin about it, Putin promised a ceasefire and corridor out for them
    Then this started happening:
    https://swarajyamag.com/insta/mp-ukraine-student-2

Putin apparently even talked to Macron about it, and urged him to pressure the Ukrainian authorities to let the students leave.

Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, LMFS, Mir, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:42 am

Backman wrote:

Putin is NOT crazy, the Russian invasion is NOT failing: BILL ROGGIO  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10569141/Putin-NOT-crazy-Russian-invasion-NOT-failing-writes-military-analyst-BILL-ROGGIO.html?ito=native_share_article-top

Roggios article might acknowledge some of the obvious, but is still chock-block full of Ukrorat/NATO propaganda, and he doesn't even mention the cauldrons in the East and the ongoing destruction of some 65-70% of the Uruk army.

Nothing sensible will come out of a shit-rag like the Daily Mail. Razz

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, kvs, JohninMK, LMFS, Hole and like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:49 am

Werewolf wrote:
    rigoletto wrote:Russian Media Watchdog to Block Facebook

Earlier, the watchdog issued numerous warnings to the social media platform
    over its voluntary decisions to block content, including content created by Russian
    media outlets, highlighting the events in Ukraine.

The Russian Service for Supervision of Communications, Roskomnadzor, has announced
    that it will start blocking Facebook over its discrimination against Russian media outlets.

Roskomnadzor said that by limiting access to the accounts of the TV channel Zvezda, as
    well as the news outlets RIA Novosti, Sputnik, Russia Today, Lenta.ru, and Gazeta.ru, Facebook
    violated Russian laws prohibiting censorship. The service said that it had detected 26
    cases of censorship by the social media platform since October 2020.

https://sputniknews.com/20220304/russian-media-watchdog-to-block-facebook-1093595842.html

Since Today everything from Russia is blocked in Germany and most likely in most of EU countries. It is a total warmongering fest here and with not a single voice of reason. Germany joined the war against Russia and I did a great mistake engaging myself in conversations about this conflict with co-workers. There are some traitors navalnist russians who even tho know the russian language and that Putin is not crazy they tell that shit to germans that he just is unreasonable and crazy just for fun. Germans can not see how NATO is a threat to Russia, by their words NATO is not doing or threatening Russia at all. They even said "we can not sit and watch what the russians are doing" So they are not only warmongering and totally for a NATO vs Russia confrontation they are also completely unaware or in disbelief that Germany will get fucking nuked. There will be war between NATO fronthead of useless countries like Germany, Poland, Romania and the vassal bitch that Ukraine is. I have no doubt about exchange of IRBMs.

The only thing that might distract these inbreds is China annexing Taiwan other than that....well good night Germany. Maybe for the better.

I know Werewolf, its just peak insanity here.
    The misinformation from western media reporting on the wars in the middle East look like a dry run to what is happening now. Screaming for War.
    There is indeed no more voices of reason, An political party in my country voiced that Russia had legitimate security concerns are now labeled by every other political party as "traitors to their country".
    Russian people having shops here get harassed daily as well.

Getting in an conversation about it, is like just stepping on an landmine that ends your life.
    I am still trying to avoid it, but it just comes sometimes really close i am forced to get into it.
    You can give all the examples and arguments for Russia's security concerns. it just does not matter.

It is like explaining Color to the Blind.

Like my company goes full apeshit with the propaganda too. Supporting the Kiev government.
    "donate for Ukraine". and "buy an Ukrainian flag to show your support for Ukraine!. proceeds go to support Ukraine".
    "Do not forget to show your support for our brothers and sisters in Ukraine that fight for Freedom!"
    This got me so pissed off, i headed to Aliexpress instead to buy some flags of the ones i support:

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 18 Untitl10

Ok, that black flag?. its from an video game. do not get an panic attack over it.
    I was too lazy to go make a new picture.

I do not know either what precisely is in store for Europe Werewolf.

NATO really seems to shit its pants for ending up in an direct confrontation with Russia at this point.
    Yet they keep the war in Ukraine going as long as they can, doing everything they can to prop up the Ukrainians. Except direct confrontation.

Providing Command and Control, Intelligence gathering, Munitions, equipment, Mercenaries, gathering "Volksstrurm" from western countries to fight there.
    West/NATO throws everything they can at Russia.

Meanwhile prolonging an war in ukraine that is already been decided. Delaying the inevitable.
    It just now causes more dead and destruction of Ukrainian infrastructure.
    That mind you, Ukrainians themselves probably causes the most damage by taking out bridges, railroads, etc.
    Critical infrastructure for your economy and rebuilding efforts.

Currently i just see this madness in the west will go on. Destroying the last vestiges of international economics to satisfy their blind hatred for Russia.
    Paying an ever-higher price while the EU was already having an economy heavily burdened by dumb policies from the EU.
    Amongst the economic side that's been in heavy decline, there little to no more housing for people. The houses that remain are ridiculous expensive.
    Meanwhile, the EU keeps opening the floodgates for immigrants and refugees that need to be housed. Yet are not suitable for the EU job market.

What you get is social friction, because all these different cultures just can not get along with eachother. While politicians think all we need to do is hold hands and dance under the rainbow singing "diversity!".

Doing an honest day's of work, being proud on your country, wanting to keep traditions alive, not accepting the whole LGBTQ thing as something that is normal to be shoved down your and your kids throat, standing against historical revisionism, etc is all now looked down upon.
    This current generation of kids growing up just can not seem to get off their asses and do an normal day's of work.
    Demanding 1000 euro iPhones, 300 euro Jeans, Go on expensive around the world trips, Go on some dumbass snowflake "trip of self-discovery".

meanwhile looking down on their own grandparents that worked their asses off in construction company's and heavy-labor Industry to build the very foundations that allows them to do all that dumb stuff now.

And all that wealth that was build up in the past has been squandered, People do not care as i described above. Governments do not care, having sinking billions and billions in pointless conflicts over the world and regime change projects.

The West/EU was already on life-support. With all this now, it just janked out its own lifeline it was clinging on to.
    I tought it over and over, But its truly over for the West now. There is no way this will turn around to how it was. when times where financially and quality of life was still going in an uplift.
    It is all downhill from here.

GarryB, Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, auslander, JohninMK, LMFS and like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:58 am

The head of Bashkortostan, Radiy Khabirov, came to the hockey with a poster in support of the Russian army.

Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, Hole, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

ScotchedEarth
    ScotchedEarth

Post  ScotchedEarth Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:29 am

GarryB wrote:they were re-education camps
    You’re making stuff up, Gaz. There was no attempt to re-educate the Boer internees, we were just trying to keep them alive; and we succeeded with at least 82.5%.

GarryB wrote:They were the enemy and there was no duty of care...
    Yet we somehow failed to kill at least 82.5% of them, sending them home with financial compensation no less.

GarryB wrote:Not very independent sources
    Better than your sources, which are… entirely non-existent. Attacking sources instead of attempting rebuttal of arguments is the hallmark of the propagandist, not the honest seeker of truth.

GarryB wrote:Can't remember which episode or series or whether it was Yes, Minister or Yes, Prime Minister...
    A comedy programme? That’s what your citing in support of your contention? Are you serious? Are you seriously f***ing serious?

GarryB wrote:Remember Churchill stated that history would view him kindly, because he intended to write it...
    That’s what’s known as a ‘quip’, old chap. A ‘joke’. A ‘bon mot’ even. Why don’t you write to the Germans and see if they can advise you how a sense of humour works?

Winston was under no illusions about his written contribution to the historical record, writing in the preface to the first volume of his The Second World War (emphasis added):
    These documents, composed from day to day under the stress of events and with the knowledge available at the moment, will no doubt show many shortcomings. Taken together, they nevertheless give a current account of these tremendous events as they were viewed at the time by one who bore the chief responsibility for the war and policy of the British Empire and Commonwealth. … I do not describe it as history, for that belongs to another generation. But I claim with confidence that it is a contribution to history which will be of service to the future.
    Read a book, Gaz. Read. A. Book.

GarryB wrote:I suspect … no doubt with … I think …
    Not a single source. Not one. Just making s**t up. ffs.

Do you know absolutely anything about the 1919–21 Polish–Soviet War? Where the West, including Britain, refused assistance to Poland after their offensive was halted then reversed; pressured the Poles to retreat to the earlier established 1919 border; refused recognition to the Polish-created Ukrainian People’s Republic and blocked their admittance to the League of Nations; then leant on the Poles to accept the Soviet peace terms. But hey, Gaz, you crack on with your worshipping at the altar of victimhood; some day someone will give a s**t.

GarryB wrote:so mission accomplished for your American overlords I guess.
    And you, in turn, enjoy your new Chink overlords. Except… you’re in New Zealand? Big Russian patriot, who lives as far away from the place as possible. F*** me, is this the Sean Connery school of patriotism, where patriotism doesn’t even extend as far as one’s tax return?

Gaz, you are manifestly utterly impervious to facts, so twisted with hatred of the West you hypocritically yet choose to live in. I’ll not waste further time with your Anglophobic s**tpile of a propaganda platform.

God bless true Russians (Боже, храни Святую Русь), may they triumph in their current struggle with as little loss as possible; and God damn the promoters of division and hatred on both sides—looking at you, Gaz.

Big_Gazza and wilhelm dislike this post

par far

Post  par far Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:40 am

There has to be a list where the assholes in charge should be taken care of.

https://t.me/realCRP/3441

Big_Gazza and kvs like this post

ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:55 am

Stalin understood very well what needs to be done with the Ukraine and its people. You don't have to be merciful.

Last edited by ArgentinaGuard on Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Backman likes this post

Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:03 am

One, maybe unintentional, positive consequence of operation Z is that USA has raised a barier against its own war culture.
    For an industrial military complex based on eternal war this is very hard to manage.
    For the empire to keep its status, a new war is much more important than a hippie culture.
    LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:05 am

kvs wrote:I will have to agree with the analysis by Mercouris that westernmost Ukraine aka proper Banderastan may be like Idlib in Syria.
    Russia will squeeze out the Banderite paramilitaries and the leftovers from the Ukr army into this holding tank.  

It would be a massive wast of resources and effort to pacify Banderastan's heartland.   Let them stew in their own shit.
    Securing the Polish border is meaningless since the western border of Zhytomir and Vinnitsa could serve the same purpose.

That territory to the West should be the "neutral" Ukraine that has been discussed, since that is the proper "frontier" or transition between the Russian and Western world. But they need to be neutral and not a nest of rabid nazis, sabotaging the territories to the East and de facto blocking Russia's communication with the rest of Europe for decades to come. Not the easiest dilemma to solve, I would say.

Backman, Broski and Urluber like this post

ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:09 am

Hannibal Barca wrote:One, maybe unintentional, positive consequence of operation Z is that USA has raised a barier against its own war culture.
    For an industrial military complex based on eternal war this is very hard to manage.
    For the empire to keep its status, a new war is much more important than a hippie culture.

For that you must have a prepared population, not hedonistic or pacifist. The only ones who fight for the United States are the mercenaries and the immigrants (to gain access to citizenship). I always say that in an open war they would not stand a chance against China or Russia.

Big_Gazza likes this post

ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:13 am

Any news from the war? I need to know what the last movements have been. please a little summary

ucmvulcan likes this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:16 am

ArgentinaGuard wrote:
    Any news from the war? I need to know what the last movements have been. please a little summary

Per Wikipedia and our liar at the UN, when an American ambassador moves their lips they are lying so I just cut out the confusion and call them a liar, there's a drive on a nuclear power plant north of Nikolayevsk, but again I don't trust our officials, news media, or wikipropaganda.
    LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:17 am

kvs wrote:
    Aside from the Banderite paramilitaries (even if they are called military), the Ukrainian military should not be exterminated.   It should be allowed
    the chance to surrender or get on some brown buses and go to Ivano-Frankivsk or some other part of proper Banderastan in the far west of the
    the current "Ukraine".   This may draw their disloyal families with them.   Some sort of "ethnic cleansing" is going to have to happen.   The
    behaviour of the "refugees" in Moldova demonstrates this.   These are freaks living on fear and hate.   They don't belong in the south and
    east and center either.  

But the vast majority of the people being liberated by this operation are not frothing at the mouth.   They have been terrorized by the regime
    since 2014.  This fact has been excluded from the awareness of most of the planet just like the plight of the people of the Donbass.   NATzO
    approved oppression and terror is God's Holy Work (TM).

The armed forces and the Azov battalion have already been exchanging blows in Mariupol, this is the very beginning of the creation of the local de-nazifying force that has been discussed. Russia has bet on Eastern Ukraine being brotherly people deserving to be spared, here we will see whether that calculus is right or wrong, but I am fairly sure most normal people has had enough of being brutalized by nazi goons already.

As to the "ethnic cleansing", it has been the regime doing that full speed from the beginning, killing, subjugating or forcing to emigrate those with conscience of their Russian past and replacing them with Western banderites. It is just fair to revert it and get that nazi scum out of the lands they have occupied in Eastern Ukraine in the last few years and back into the shithole they should not have left to start with.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, Mir and Broski like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:18 am

ArgentinaGuard wrote:

Dunno. Besides reinforcements from Russia going in and further ecirclement of the enemy, we got a lot of armchair generals who are crying cause Russia isn't indiscriminately bombing Ukraine.

Thats about it.

flamming_python, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza and Broski like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:21 am

kvs wrote:The Poland-Banderastan border is not worth securing if the rear is infested with resentful people engaged in endless guerrila
    war.   A stable border is one where at least one side is stable.   Having Poland on one side and Banderite militants on the other
    is not a border that Russia should be defending.   I think that the western border of Zhytomir and Vinnitsa is the correct one
    as long as there is no insurgency penetration into this region.  

I am not well informed about the mental state of the population in these two regions.  Keeping on eye on Russian troop movements
    in Zhytomir should give a sense of what the intel evaluation is.   Those clumped regions on the map presented by Lukashenka may
    indicate control potential.  So these two oblasts may be marginal in terms of Banderite influence.

The regions in the map are simply the ukie military districts

kvs likes this post

ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:33 am

Don't think GarryB will survive this conflict in one piece. Jesus Christ what a beating.

In other news, Odessa should be next. The Moldova situation is simmering hot right now.

Read somewhere that the mayor got replaced by one of Z's lackies at the last minute in preparation for what's cooking right now. Should be a priority target obv.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:06 am

Ukraine is claiming that they control the Zaparozhe power plan.

I only see tweets, no solid proofs.
    Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:15 am

LMFS wrote:
    kvs wrote:I will have to agree with the analysis by Mercouris that westernmost Ukraine aka proper Banderastan may be like Idlib in Syria.
    Russia will squeeze out the Banderite paramilitaries and the leftovers from the Ukr army into this holding tank.  

It would be a massive wast of resources and effort to pacify Banderastan's heartland.   Let them stew in their own shit.
    Securing the Polish border is meaningless since the western border of Zhytomir and Vinnitsa could serve the same purpose.

That territory to the West should be the "neutral" Ukraine that has been discussed, since that is the proper "frontier" or transition between the Russian and Western world. But they need to be neutral and not a nest of rabid nazis, sabotaging the territories to the East and de facto blocking Russia's communication with the rest of Europe for decades to come. Not the easiest dilemma to solve, I would say.

Someone in the Kremlin probably thinks to scrap neutrality. Make Ukraine another Belarus. It will probably be too hard but we'll see
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:26 am

Regular wrote:Ukraine is claiming that they control the Zaparozhe power plan.

I only see tweets, no solid proofs.

The plant is operated by the existing administration. This is called "control" by the regime. The regime has no
    military or police enforcing anything at the plant.

GarryB, Regular, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza and Broski like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:32 am

Backman wrote:
    LMFS wrote:

Someone in the Kremlin probably thinks to scrap neutrality. Make Ukraine another Belarus. It will probably be too hard but we'll see

Western hysteria is moving the goal posts. Putin's administration started out with asking for commitments from NATzO about Ukraine.
    It got the middle finger. It staged a regime change operation and NATzO went off the rails and is in danger of starting a war. So
    the neutrality aspect is dead. I only see some sort of occupation as in Kosovo with Russian military bases and heavy support for
    the new government to secure itself and clean house. Neutrality does not make sense. The existing state of affairs will lead to
    a pro-NATzO regime return. This can only be avoided by installing and protecting a pro-Russian government. Most people in the
    operational zone are going to support this. Many will not, but that is unavoidable.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, auslander, JohninMK, miketheterrible, LMFS, Backman and like this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:00 am

limb wrote:What was the rationale behind banning Facebook?

Wouldn't that make western media and social networks into a kind of "forbidden fruit" like radio free europe was during the cold war. What happened to INOSMI, the agency that translated western propaganda so they could hear how ridiculous it is?

I?

From what I read on RT, it was because Facebook banned something like 26 Russian publicly funded news outlets and was running spoof ads telling people to run on banks, telling soldiers that if they went to Ukraine they'd be killed and calling people to demonstrate.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, LMFS, Backman and like this post

rigoletto
    rigoletto

Post  rigoletto Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:01 am

Russia does not seek to divide Ukraine into parts, Kremlin spokesman says

The Kremlin spokesman emphasized that Russia did not seek to divide Ukraine into
    parts but only wanted to ensure its own national security

https://tass.com/politics/1417071

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 18 1f631

Big_Gazza, kvs and LMFS like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:34 pm