Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+79
Scorpius
auslander
adder
sundoesntrise
franco
Eugenio Argentina
Atmosphere
pavi
dino00
lyle6
billybatts91
wilhelm
Singular_Transform
Arrow
higurashihougi
mnrck
ahmedfire
ATLASCUB
Hannibal Barca
ArgentinaGuard
ScotchedEarth
Ispan
nero
The Ottoman
psg
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
lancelot
Azi
limb
Werewolf
rigoletto
mack8
Serberus
Sujoy
OminousSpudd
GarryB
teh_beard
Yugo90
Erk
Odin of Ossetia
ucmvulcan
SolidarityWithRussia
bitcointrader70
AlfaT8
Broski
LMFS
Kriva
Big_Gazza
magnumcromagnon
thegopnik
Hole
Regular
GunshipDemocracy
Stealthflanker
medo
JohninMK
SeigSoloyvov
Mir
VARGR198
Walther von Oldenburg
Firebird
Urluber
Rasisuki Nebia
Airbornewolf
ALAMO
nomadski
Rodion_Romanovic
Vann7
George1
miketheterrible
flamming_python
par far
kvs
Isos
Karl Haushofer
EkErilaz
Arkanghelsk
Backman
d_taddei2
83 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4

kvs
    kvs

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 17 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4

Post  kvs Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:40 pm

Backman wrote:The double cauldrins that 10's of 1000's of Ukraine troops are being surrounded by , how many chances should they get to surrender ? I think maybe let starvation set in for awhile first. Give them a chance to think about it.

Aside from the Banderite paramilitaries (even if they are called military), the Ukrainian military should not be exterminated. It should be allowed
    the chance to surrender or get on some brown buses and go to Ivano-Frankivsk or some other part of proper Banderastan in the far west of the
    the current "Ukraine". This may draw their disloyal families with them. Some sort of "ethnic cleansing" is going to have to happen. The
    behaviour of the "refugees" in Moldova demonstrates this. These are freaks living on fear and hate. They don't belong in the south and
    east and center either.

But the vast majority of the people being liberated by this operation are not frothing at the mouth. They have been terrorized by the regime
    since 2014. This fact has been excluded from the awareness of most of the planet just like the plight of the people of the Donbass. NATzO
    approved oppression and terror is God's Holy Work (TM).

GarryB, Big_Gazza and lyle6 like this post

Regular
    Regular

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 17 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4

Post  Regular Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:43 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:Nothing can be done about retarded approach of Kremlin

If Kadyrov is asking to take off the gloves it makes sense

This stupid shit is costing lives even if Russia wins

What the **** does it matter if Ukies are killed? They're fighting , they are enemy combatants

But I am not in command of shit and noone here is so , best we can do it whine and complain

Still this is infuriating as hell to watch , I dont understand why, civilians are one thing, bombing the damn combatants are another, they have precision weapons, but they are not used.

Where are the Lancets?

Guys are killed and even if they are troops they are worth more than these people who did not do shit to prevent nazism in their country

I was called Ukrainian propagandist for pointing the same. I mean, I understand the reasoning, Russia wants to leave Ukraine military and power structures after the war, but it's not demilitarisation. Also, lancets would cripple Ukrainian forces, I am not sure why they ware not put in service in a large numbers. There are no downsides in having these systems.

LMFS and Backman dislike this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:48 pm

Good blog to follow from a EU/Russia diplomat

As we all know, Ukraine is today the poster boy of the “international community,” meaning the United States and its allies. Translated into comic book images, the present military conflict between Ukraine and Russia pits a cuddly bunch of bunny rabbits (Ukraine) against the Big Bad Wolf (u know who).

Regrettably that is the intellectual level of most Western reporting on developments in an unfolding tragedy. Almost everything that the supposedly innocent victims say about their attackers instantly is disseminated at God’s honest truth.
    Full article https://gilbertdoctorow.com

Big_Gazza likes this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:51 pm

Regular wrote:

If Kadyrov is asking to take off the gloves it makes se who did not do shit to prevent nazism in their country

I was called Ukrainian propagandist for pointing the same. I mean, I understand the reasoning, Russia wants to leave Ukraine military and power structures after the war, but it's not demilitarisation. Also, lancets would cripple Ukrainian forces, I am not sure why they ware not put in service in a large numbers. There are no downsides in having these systems.

You aren't a propagandist. You are just an idiot for being an armchair general ,for pretending you know what's actually going on, pretending you know what Russia's plan is and believing you have better solutions.

Big_Gazza, miketheterrible, LMFS, Hole and Broski like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:52 pm

flamming_python wrote:

As for Mr. Kadyrov - he will say whatever the Kremlin itself asks of him. This is just a pressure tactic on Kiev, "to let loose the dogs of war" so to speak. I will assume that if the next round of negotiations do not bring success, then the Kadyrovites, along with the SSO and all the Spetsnaz units will be sent to flush out Kharkov at the very least. And they will do it rather quickly.

Not a fan of Chechens fighting on both sides. This definitely doesn't win hearts and minds, well but at least it wins battles... I still don't understand why Russia didn't attack in 2014, I am 100% there wouldn't be so many sanctions or outrage then. But I guess, it wouldn't impossible to do it later after Ukraine would be fully armed. More drones, a better-trained military, revamped aviation, I think this was where Ukraine was going.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:52 pm

I support the war, I support it, noone said to needlessly level Ukrainian cities

But hit them hard and make sure they dont get back up

Russian intel should know where these ambushes and fighting is happening, that's where the bombs should fall

It's not happening everywhere, but where it does happen, leave a giant crater and build back better

Big_Gazza, Yugo90 and Urluber like this post

Kriva
    Kriva

Post  Kriva Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:57 pm

kvs wrote:
    Broski wrote:Quick question, if the whole point of this operation is demilitarization and denazification, wouldn't the Russian military have to go to western ukraine to flush out the banderites hiding there?

I will have to agree with the analysis by Mercouris that westernmost Ukraine aka proper Banderastan may be like Idlib in Syria.
    Russia will squeeze out the Banderite paramilitaries and the leftovers from the Ukr army into this holding tank.  

It would be a massive wast of resources and effort to pacify Banderastan's heartland.   Let them stew in their own shit.
    Securing the Polish border is meaningless since the western border of Zhytomir and Vinnitsa could serve the same purpose.

Cutting of UA border with any NATO nation should be paramount and will prevent any future UA ambitions.

Each circle = 500 km (that gives you plenty of leverage)
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 17 Iskander

Last edited by Kriva on Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:03 pm

https://tass.com/world/1416593

DONETSK, March 4. /TASS/. The Ukrainian army’s conflict with the nationalist detachment Azov has resulted in a missile strike against the nationalists’ command center in the southwest of Mariupol, the deputy commander of the Donetsk People’s Republic’s militia, Eduard Basurin, told a news briefing on Friday.

“Contradictions between the Ukrainian army’s command and the nationalist groups have developed into a direct confrontation. After the commander of the operational tactical group East, Lieutenant General Sodol, suffered lethal wounds in a clash with Azov militants, who also refused to obey any orders from and coordinate operations with the Ukrainian army’s command the headquarters of the special purpose detachment Azov in the southwest of Mariupol was hit by the Ukrainian army’s missile Tochka-U,” he said.

Basurin also said on the Rossiya-1 television channel that the Tochka-U missile, fired by the Ukrainian army, destroyed 10 vehicles and left 20 soldiers of the Azov detachment killed.

If ukrops are blowing each other up, Russia should too

GarryB, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Mir and Broski like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:04 pm

SolidarityWithRussia wrote:I have a hypothetical question: What would happen, if Russia tried to use the Bosporus strait for its warships and Turkey attacked them? Would Turkey be able to use Article 5 of Nato (An Attack Against One...) or would Turkey be on its own officially, because it attacked first?

I saw a note a couple of days ago that the Russian MoD were OK with the Turkish decision and would not attempt to move warships through the Bosporus.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, LMFS and Broski like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:08 pm

Backman wrote:

You aren't a propagandist. You are just an idiot for being an armchair general ,for pretending you know what's actually going on, pretending you know what Russia's plan is and believing you have better solutions.

You only are chirping praises like a gay fanboy. I am not an armchair general and I would **** this operation up by going Grachev with tulpans, uragans and smerches and maybe trying some FOAB's, driving myself in center of Kiev and getting ambushed and so on. Ofcourse I don't know Russia's plan and we don't fully know what will be the outcome. You included.

I am frustrated seeing failures, even if they mean very little in the big picture, not gloating with the death of Russian or Ukrainian soldiers, I bet Ukrainians made many more mistakes but we don't know these things. I actually see their mistake on the map straight away, they are not pulling back and letting themselves be surrounded. This mistake trumps all.

I have no doubt war will be over in a week or so, but what will follow next, what is modus operandi now, everything keeps changing.
    Also, my comment about Lancets is not idiocy, it's not just me who thinks that this system is revolutionary in both land attack and anti-uav roles. Zala Kub and Lancet were tested in Syria with great results. I know that armament process doesn't happen over night, but it would be good to have such systems in service on a large scale.
    limb

Post  limb Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:16 pm

What was the rationale behind banning Facebook?

Wouldn't that make western media and social networks into a kind of "forbidden fruit" like radio free europe was during the cold war. What happened to INOSMI, the agency that translated western propaganda so they could hear how ridiculous it is?

I wonder if this Facebook ban was a knee jerk reaction made by some geriatric minister in the Russian government.

Backman wrote:
    Regular wrote:

If Kadyrov is asking to take off the gloves it makes se who did not do shit to prevent nazism in their country

Why not actually explain logically rather than doing ad hominems and appeal to authority?
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:19 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:I support the war, I support it, noone said to needlessly level Ukrainian cities

But hit them hard and make sure they dont get back up

Russian intel should know where these ambushes and fighting is happening, that's where the bombs should fall

It's not happening everywhere, but where it does happen, leave a giant crater and build back better

Intel wouldn't be able to detect and relay info about ambushes on time, everything is still sporadic. There are literally few Ukrainian units who can impro an ambush and most of the ambushes are done with artillery support. Hit first vehicle, then call in artillery and that's it. Everything is happening on the roads as well due to terrible conditions offroad.

The only way to avoid ambushes is to secure the Avangard with razved units and try to attach helicopters to any convoys. But probably impossible to do when enemy outnumbers you 3:1 and they are on defense.

Backman dislikes this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:24 pm

Zelensky not happy. But he should have learnt from Georgia that USA and NATO is full of empty promises. He will be on his knees shortly. Oh and he forgot to mention out of date NLAW lol!

Zelensky Blasts NATO Summit as 'Weak' After 'Fly Zone' Request Gets Rejected
    Volodymyr Zelenskyy in a video message has called the just concluded NATO summit "weak" amid the ongoing conflict between Ukraine and Russia.

"A NATO summit took place today. It was a weak summit, a confused summit, a summit that shows that not everyone considers the fight for freedom in Europe the number one goal," Zelenskyy said on Friday.

Zelenskyy accused the members of the military alliance of giving Russia "the green light to start shelling Ukrainian cities and villages," adding that NATO did nothing but provided Ukraine with 50 tons of diesel fuel.

Hannibal Barca, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, LMFS, Backman, Mir, Broski and like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:24 pm

limp wrote:What was the rationale behind banning Facebook?

Wouldn't that make western media and social networks into a kind of "forbidden fruit" like radio free europe was during the cold war. What happened to INOSMI, the agency that translated western propaganda so they could hear how ridiculous it is?

I wonder if this Facebook ban was a knee jerk reaction made by some geriatric minister in the Russian government.

it's mainly to cut ad revenue for FB even if it's small as it's not very popular in Russia. Youth is using tiktok/instagram/telegram/discord. Instagram ban will be a bit annoying for Russian kids and some influencers. Nothing that VPN can solve.

Last edited by Regular on Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:25 pm

Backman wrote:On the other hand , Scott Ritter believes everything is going to schedule and is going just fine.  He's a real military analyst. Mark isn't. Here is Mark and Scott. Fast forward toward the middle for Scotts segment

Ritter says that this is a route , a complete annihilation.

https://youtu.be/yjOkk-xfMfQ

Great video, just mouse over the progress bar and watch the "green" bits.. Laughing I didn't disagree with anything that Scott Ritter had to say.

kvs, Backman and Arkanghelsk like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:33 pm

One thing I've noticed is the lack of MRAP typhoon etc in Russian footage. The preferred mode of transport seems to be trucks and MT-LB. I thought we would have seen more BMP's BTR's but not seen many. And haven't seen one BMP-3 or T-90 kornet D, Metis, konkurs, unless I just missed the footage.
    MT-LB are great vehicles but u would have thought BMP would have been a better choice or maybe for the Russians they prefer MT-LB. Just an observation that's all.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:33 pm

The Poland-Banderastan border is not worth securing if the rear is infested with resentful people engaged in endless guerrila
    war. A stable border is one where at least one side is stable. Having Poland on one side and Banderite militants on the other
    is not a border that Russia should be defending. I think that the western border of Zhytomir and Vinnitsa is the correct one
    as long as there is no insurgency penetration into this region.

I am not well informed about the mental state of the population in these two regions. Keeping on eye on Russian troop movements
    in Zhytomir should give a sense of what the intel evaluation is. Those clumped regions on the map presented by Lukashenka may
    indicate control potential. So these two oblasts may be marginal in terms of Banderite influence.

Werewolf, LMFS, Backman and Arkanghelsk like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:39 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:https://tass.com/world/1416593

DONETSK, March 4. /TASS/. The Ukrainian army’s conflict with the nationalist detachment Azov has resulted in a missile strike against the nationalists’ command center in the southwest of Mariupol, the deputy commander of the Donetsk People’s Republic’s militia, Eduard Basurin, told a news briefing on Friday.

“Contradictions between the Ukrainian army’s command and the nationalist groups have developed into a direct confrontation. After the commander of the operational tactical group East, Lieutenant General Sodol, suffered lethal wounds in a clash with Azov militants, who also refused to obey any orders from and coordinate operations with the Ukrainian army’s command the headquarters of the special purpose detachment Azov in the southwest of Mariupol was hit by the Ukrainian army’s missile Tochka-U,” he said.

Basurin also said on the Rossiya-1 television channel that the Tochka-U missile, fired by the Ukrainian army, destroyed 10 vehicles and left 20 soldiers of the Azov detachment killed.

If ukrops are blowing each other up, Russia should too

While I very much like the idea of the Ukro army attacking the Azov Nazis, there is an alternative - that Russian forces have captured intact Tochka-U and decided to "expend" them on Orc forces in Mauripol. thumbsup

russia

Arkanghelsk likes this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:43 pm

Putin is NOT crazy, the Russian invasion is NOT failing: BILL ROGGIO  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10569141/Putin-NOT-crazy-Russian-invasion-NOT-failing-writes-military-analyst-BILL-ROGGIO.html?ito=native_share_article-top

Mir likes this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:44 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:One thing I've noticed is the lack of MRAP typhoon etc in Russian footage. The preferred mode of transport seems to be trucks and MT-LB. I thought we would have seen more BMP's BTR's but not seen many. And haven't seen one BMP-3 or T-90 kornet D, Metis, konkurs, unless I just missed the footage.
    MT-LB are great vehicles but u would have thought BMP would have been a better choice or maybe for the Russians they prefer MT-LB. Just an observation that's all.

There are comparably few MRAPs in Russian service and IEDs are not the biggest risk here. In conventional war, MRAPs have no benefit over BTR or BMP, actually taller silhouette is not a benefit when you face autocannons, artillery, ATGMs and so on. Also, it's not what Russia prefers, it's what they have. In the perfect world, all of them would be driving in T-15.

EkErilaz likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:51 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:I will never forgive Putin for this

No one gives a flying-747-f*ck about a rando emo-Marxist feelings, when just a week ago you were literally calling for Russia to give up all it's new geo-strategic weaponry to appease the Amercuntski's....you Dollar Store Gordochev. clown

Just a fact that the whole reason this weaponry was developed was because of those ABM sites and other things

Tit for tat

Backman dislikes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:52 pm

Big_Gazza wrote:
    Backman wrote:

https://youtu.be/yjOkk-xfMfQ

Great video, just mouse over the progress bar and watch the "green" bits..  Laughing   I didn't disagree with anything that Scott Ritter had to say.

Ritter is outlining what I was referring to before. The clown-assery with chapter 4 is going to give Russia the pretext to "annex" the
    non-Banderite regions. It will turn them into a full protectorate with Russian bases. This humanitarian safe zone that Poland and other
    NATzO hyenas are baying for is going to be the septic tank for Banderite vermin expelled from the liberated territories.

I just do not see this operation achieving anything if Russia pulls out and lets the existing structures reassert power. It does not matter
    if the Kiev regime is fully removed. The cancer has its tendrils in every town and city. A replacement Kiev regime will be constructed.
    So an "occupation" is a mandatory measure. I have heard analysts talk about 20 years minimum. So a generation or more.

GarryB, Werewolf, d_taddei2, LMFS, Hole, Mir and rigoletto like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:53 pm

Russian UAV in action. Target - Aidar HQ

Some post-combat footage, NLAW operator dead with two tubes and various dmg

GarryB, d_taddei2, limb, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

The Ottoman
    The Ottoman

Post  The Ottoman Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:03 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    SolidarityWithRussia wrote:I have a hypothetical question: What would happen, if Russia tried to use the Bosporus strait for its warships and Turkey attacked them? Would Turkey be able to use Article 5 of Nato (An Attack Against One...) or would Turkey be on its own officially, because it attacked first?

I saw a note a couple of days ago that the Russian MoD were OK with the Turkish decision and would not attempt to move warships through the Bosporus.

Turkey helps Russia with this decision. Tactical move from Erdogan against NATO.

Because the Montreux Straits Conventions blocks entrance of every nations warships EXCEPT that of Black Sea nations.

So Russia, Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania, Georgia and Ukraine are the only ones now to sail in the Black Sea with their navy.

The US, UK, Germany, Italy, Greece or France etc cant pass the Straits now.

Turkey also rejected today to close their airspace for Russian planes or put sanctions.

But Greece and South Cyprus did. I expect more Russian support for Turkey after this war in the East Med and Aegean disputes with Greece, South Cyprus, France etc.

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, JohninMK, Yugo90, Mir, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

limb

Post  limb Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:08 pm

Regular wrote:

Russian UAV in action. Target - Aidar HQ

Some post-combat footage, NLAW operator dead with two tubes and various dmg

FINALLY russia

d_taddei2 likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:18 am