Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+69
ali.a.r
zorobabel
crod
The Ottoman
Autodestruct
mack8
Urluber
Walther von Oldenburg
rigoletto
Broski
LMFS
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
franco
Ispan
Kiko
lancelot
Hole
George1
Isos
owais.usmani
Serberus
RTN
JohninMK
Aristide
higurashihougi
Karl Haushofer
mavaff
Maximmmm
VARGR198
Hannibal Barca
Singular_Transform
Firebird
Regular
nomadski
Finty
nero
Airbornewolf
Podlodka77
PapaDragon
ALAMO
Mir
Sujoy
Scorpius
EkErilaz
d_taddei2
magnumcromagnon
TMA1
Cheetah
hoom
Vann7
Big_Gazza
miketheterrible
Arkanghelsk
sundoesntrise
Rasisuki Nebia
par far
Backman
GarryB
caveat emptor
thegopnik
kvs
teh_beard
bitcointrader70
ATLASCUB
lyle6
flamming_python
SeigSoloyvov
auslander
PhSt
73 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine

ALAMO

Russian special military operation in Ukraine - Page 33 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine

Post  ALAMO Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:51 am

Mir wrote:I think he is asking for directions back to the asylum Laughing Laughing Laughing  

Maybe there is a mental hospital nearby.

VARGR198 likes this post

lyle6
    lyle6

Russian special military operation in Ukraine - Page 33 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine

Post  lyle6 Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:52 am

The paratroopers are still fighting on. 10:1 odds, but reinforcements are on the way. Godspeed heroes.

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, VARGR198, Hole, Rasisuki Nebia, Mir and like this post

Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:56 am

lyle6 wrote:
    The paratroopers are still fighting on. 10:1 odds, but reinforcements are on the way. Godspeed heroes.

Why were they sent there to fight alone against a numerically superior enemy? What was the point?
    Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:59 am

Why wouldnt the VDV guys be getting CAS as a priority?
    Wasnt that the whole point of supressing Ukrainian AD

kvs likes this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:02 am

Reinforcements should be nearby by now.
    Arrow

Post  Arrow Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:06 am

Ukraine allegedly struck Russia’s Millerovo air field in Rostov with Tochka-U tactical ballistic missiles. https://t.co/mill8Zrzla https://t.co/gsLrqySXOd wrote:

Where was russian air defence ?
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:07 am

caveat emptor wrote:Reinforcements should be nearby by now.

They are in Vorzhel, if the comm of Ukrainian side is valid.
    At least at 7:00 that was what they have reported.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:07 am

kvs wrote:
    Backman wrote:
    I worked in Northern Alberta for 7 years with mostly Ukrainians. It's little Ukraine over there . They don't take it all too seriously. Not all of them are Banderites. They started joking that they were Russians now in 2014. They weren't boarding flights to Ukraine to "fight for my country" bruh

These Ukrainians are from the original wave of immigration before WWII.   The Banderites are mostly in places like Toronto and cities in central Canada
    (Ontario and Quebec).    But unfortunately, the Banderites have brainwashed many of these Ukrainians along with the lie factory Canadian mass media
    into drinking the pro-regime koolaid.  

Because this group is what I'm related to for most part as well. My family was imbedded with these Ukrainians.

Most were and are sympathetic to both Russia and Poland. Kind of a weird lot.

kvs likes this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:21 am

Karl Haushofer wrote:
    Why were they sent there to fight alone against a numerically superior enemy? What was the point?

That is what the VDV are trained for - fighting in and disrupting the enemy's rear. But yes they do need some reinforcements on the double!

GarryB, VARGR198, lyle6, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Finty
    Finty

Post  Finty Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:22 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/JulianRoepcke/status/1496854817767145478

Here is my first #UkraineUnderAttack map, based on - very conservative - fighting and troop movement geolocations as well as Ukrainian army reports.
    It looks grim

nomadski likes this post

Finty
    Finty

Post  Finty Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:25 am

BREAKING: Ukraine's deputy defence minister says Russian troops wearing Ukrainian uniforms were able to seize Ukrainian military vehicles, which are now heading towards Kyiv.

https://mobile.twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1497109096608464899

Arkanghelsk and billybatts91 like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:26 am

Finty wrote:BREAKING: Ukraine's deputy defence minister says Russian troops wearing Ukrainian uniforms were able to seize Ukrainian military vehicles, which are now heading towards Kyiv.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine - Page 33 1f604  Russian special military operation in Ukraine - Page 33 1f605  Russian special military operation in Ukraine - Page 33 1f606

kvs, VARGR198 and Arkanghelsk like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:31 am

Putin has declared it time to start a mission to remove nazism and demilitarize Ukraine, this means full annexation of Ukraine.

In the sense that operation desert storm to liberate Kuwait was a full annexation of Iraq... not.

Keep telling you, but you wont listen.

Russia is not going to half arse help these republics push Orc forces from their territory while the rest of the the Ukraine is left in peace.

Russia has to neutralise their navy and air force and air defence capacity and will likely want to weaken them with a few strikes in other areas too just for their own benefit.

Putin also mentioned removing nazi elements which means certain military units and groups will be targeted, and they are likely in communication with regions within the Ukraine that might want outside help to change their situation for the better or at least be able to hold free and fair referendums to actually decide for themselves.

They didn't just walk blindly into the Crimea and they wont just walk blindly into the Ukraine.

I suspect they gave the Orcs a warning and a time limit to lay down their arms and withdraw or surrender and the Orcs didn't take that offer.

I doubt any annexation is being considered.

I don't know what the plan is. But whatever it is, it's dumb.

As long as it does not include annexing then it is a solution to the stalemate they have had for the last few years.

That is not dumb.

This is a tragedy any way it's spun and this event should not be cheered upon. Lives will be lost.

This is what the west has been cheering for and the situation they have created by basically letting Kiev get away with not fulfilling their obligations under the Minsk agreement... how else do you think this was going to go?

Lives were being lost.

I only hope this is a lesson for future Russian leadership on the need to be proactive and act against sworn enemies firmly and decisively before events unfold instead of allowing the imposition of cancer and letting it spread through the target. The operations to correct these are more costly afterwards. Preventive care is the best care.

This situation was created by the west allowing its puppet in Kiev to ignore the problem and make it worse with shelling and murderous attacks.

An estimate 12 thousand people have been killed in this shelling... it might as well have been a war.

Should have done it 8 years ago.
    Would have been far less deaths, on all sides, and a region not reduced to rubble.

8 years ago there was a peace agreement that was supposed to lead to a peaceful solution to this problem... no one knew that the western powers that were party to that agreement would not put any pressure on Kiev to follow its obligations and in fact encourage it to not implement them.

Where is Garry b the Russophile spinster to tell us Russia never cared about Ukraine. This is comedy gold.

The Ukraine is being attacked.... just like Iraq was attacked when Iraqi forces were removed from Kuwait.

LMAO an air attack like that on Kiev? That’s like operation storm 333 in Afghanistan. That is some crazy balls and very dangerous. But if they succeed. God bless Russia

More likely attacks on aviation fuel supplies and airfields to weaken their air power.

Aljazeera claims Russian plane confirmed to be shot down by Ukraine. Old s300 is still a good system it seems

Claims... it could have been a Ukrainian plane for all we know...

Someone mentioned Israel. What Israel? Are you insane? Well I should address that to Putin actually.
    We don't need the sort of relations with our neighbours that Israel has with its neighbours.

As HATO expands that is exactly what you have...

Ukraine mod claiming 6 Russian planes shot down. 1 su 24. Probably fake but like I said before s300 is a good system.

Only 6?

Why would they be using Su-24s in this operation?

For sure Kalibr has been used on airbases and other sites, but I would like to know what VKS is using over Ukr SAM sites, I know TU95 was in the air so maybe KH 55/101? I wonder if any tactical aircraft are involved

How often do you think the Orcs move their SAMs?... I would guess not very often... fuel costs money.

I can't say I'm particularly comfortable with the scale of this operation. Part of me was hoping they'd send peace keepers to DPR and LPR, serve the Ukrainians an ultimatum to back up to the province borders, and call it even.

That was probably plan A if the orcs occupying DPR and LPR land agreed to lay down their arms and withdraw from the territory they were now illegally occupying.... they didn't and the shelling increased, so it was a case of neutering the Orc armed forces and quickly and as efficiently as possible and then pushing them out.

The Supreme Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine gave orders to inflict the maximum losses to the aggressor.

One order for suicide... hope he is just as prepared when push comes to shove... I would think this order makes him part of the problem and worth taking out now.

No matter what Russia did in the field, the Western jackals would howl and curse and fling dung. Might as well go big if you're gonna have to incur the criticism.

Maybe these NATOstani clowns will have a little more respect for Russian hard power once they get a small example of what they are capable of?

They have called him a murderer and an aggressor and all the things under the sun... makes me wonder what they can call him now... other than Mr President Sir.

Russia would have had these sanctions leveled against it for some false flag like the Skripals or Navalny anyway. So there is nothing to lose for going big.

Yep, they got punished no matter what they did.... including nothing at all, which means when they think it is the right thing to do they don't care what the west might say because they have largely already said it before.

Doing nothing would just lead to an ongoing crisis of shelling civilians that could not be tolerated.

I deal with the Ukrainians daily basis. They live in my apartments, they work for me.
    Decent and hard-working people, who simply give up and fled.
    One of them has three little girls, aged 4-6.
    I have asked him once, why he put everything on the table, having a job, a place to live in back there in Ukraine.
    What he said to me was a shock.
    Ukraine is not a place you would like to rise your daughters.
    And he was very precise in describing the fate and future of girls in this country.
    I remember that discussion to this very day...

Ukrainian brides has been a world wide racket and it has branches in prostitution around the world too.... they need their raw material and likely don't get enough 'volunteers'... a despicable business...

Somehow I expected not only the investments and training programs by NATO but also 8 years of active combat operations to have more impact on competence. I guess it was not spent on the IADS.

Many experts in the west believed the Georgian forces with their HATO training and recent experience in Afghanistan at that time that they would have walked all over the Russian troops sent to fight them.

Problem is they had Soviet equipment and Soviet training from top to bottom, so you inject a few units with HATO equipment and HATO training and they often resort back to their old gear and training... the Georgians even left behind their new HATO small arms and went with AKs.

Of course from a Russian perspective they are training to fight HATO and they already know Soviet training so I guess they play it by ear as to what they are facing.

First one is well liked all things considered

And you know what they say "One is fine but two is divine"

Don't confuse fear with like... the EU largely does what it is told or there are consequences... sell Mistrals to Russia and your companies get audited and fined in the US... cancel the deal and the fines disappear...

They are as much a prisoner as Serbia is and they don't show it because they know the punishment...

my bet is , if Russia wanted it , it could take all of kiev in a matter of just 48 hours.
    with the forces they already had in crimea only. but the problem is that those that conquer a big land , later need to feed thousands and millions of brainwashed people there , that hates either way , no matter what you do. So it will just make incredibly expensive for russia to feed and pay the pensions of 30 millions of new citizens ,that were not previously in the russian budget..

What would they want Kiev for?

They are destroying their airfield fuel and ammo supplies, they have neutered their navy and they have taken some navy bases... I would expect any land that is not part of the DNR and LNR that is taken will be relinquished when it is no longer required.

F*ck Putin, that is all.

The west does this sort of thing all the time, this is not an invasion, this is a wake up call.

He gave you his red lines and was ignored and made fun of.

Operation going very fast ! Maybe too fast . Once administrative borders of LDPR reached , then what ? Operation objectives reached ? Must withdraw all forces from Ukraine proper ? No !

The operations in the rest of the Ukraine probably have goals too.... once they are achieved they can withdraw.

Russian markets down 50% with
    Likely more to come with EU mother of
    All sanctions and US

Wont matter much when the west cuts them off entirely.

What was acceptable years ago isn’t acceptable now.

That is a very convenient rule... when did that come to pass into law?

This is just pure and simple aggression based on nationalism/ nostalgia, both of which are cancerous. Just trying to appeal to braindead peasants.

Russia just recognised two regions on its border and independent states and was asked by these two regions to sort out a little problem of their neighbour to the west that has been rather beligerant to Russia for some time was shelling them with artillery and over the last 8 years have killed an estimated 12 thousand people and were occupying quite a large chunk of their legal territory... Russia issued a demand for them cease and withdraw and they refused.

Attacking these invading forces and ignoring the rest of their military would be as stupid as fighting Iraqi soldiers in Kuwait and ignoring their airforce and navy and the rest of the forces across their country... which the west did not.

This will only result in more deaths.

Only if they resist. Are you saying you should not resist a home invasion because human life is precious... even after members of the family have been murdered...

Ukraine needs to clamp down on the likes of Azov battalions but an invasion of one sovereign state by another is not the way to go about it.

HAHAHAHA... and how would Russia do that? The western supporters ignore the nazi symbols... what would you suggest... a strongly worded letter perhaps?

They would likely hold a parade for those morons to celebrate that they get under Russias skin.

The West's wars were mostly flawed attempts at delivering peace/democracy whilst creating work for arms manufacturers.

Don't you think Ukraine needs democracy and peace... Sukhoi certainly needs more revenue... I wonder if they are using Su-57s....

Try justifying this all you want, it can't be without admitting it comes down to wanting the USSR back.

If it was about getting the USSR back then these two new republics would not be independent states they would take them directly into the Russian Federation and then they would be able to claim the the Orcs have troops on Russian territory and mobilise to move them in a steamroller that might stop when it has reached some boundary where the Russian troops have been before... Berlin perhaps?

Russia isn't even taking these two republics let alone the rest of the country, but there are likely some scores to setting.

Tell you what... if I was stupid enough to take a video of myself outside a burning building while people were being burned to death by nazis I would be rather worried about now... of course if I had let such a thing happen without trying to help I probably already would have shot myself for being a nazi scumbag.

Different to launching a multi-pronged invasion of Serbia on the scale that Russia has done to Ukr today, is it not?

When the west pushed Iraqi troops out of Kuwait there were all sorts of military strikes on targets throughout Iraq... and in northern iraq the Kurds were assisted against their so called oppressor Saddam... this is just that.

! Ukraine's central military command reports Russia bombed several airports, including Kyiv Boryspil, Nikolaev, Kramatorsk, Kherson. Kharkiv military airport is burning.

Funny... people were talking up how powerful the Ukrainian Air Force was not that long ago.... I would think if you want to push an enemy out of a geographic location you get rid of his air power first and his ability to attack your air power too... you don't need to invade to do that of course.

Just because I explained what the west was doing doesn’t mean I was defending their military interventions. In the same way I’m not defending this current invasion. I thought that was clear but obviously not.

The difference is that Georgia, Syria and Crimea and now Ukraine... Russia didn't really have much choice in the matter... whereas the west went looking and created wars that never needed to happen... so you can understand why we don't agree with your position... Bush and Obama and Clinton and Trump and Biden... they all love their wars and conflicts... trump seemed to be the only on interested in bringing US troops home and the media attacked him for it.

Enjoy your sanctions I guess

We are not getting sanctioned... we are Australia and New Zealand and Canada and Serbia and most countries other than Russia, but why should Russia care now because they half the sanctions were already being imposed before they did anything, so now at least the new sanctions will be earned.

The sanctions merely further sever relations with the west which is the way things seem bound to head.

Will be interesting to see just how stubborn ukr resistance was once all the fighting is done because if it’s not then that will suggest the whole thing is in fact a civil war and one the west shouldn’t actually give a shit about.

The west created the situation in the first place with their colour revolutions and ultimately the coup they bought and paid for.... and then they had the balls to blame Russia for interfering in the 2016 US election.

I am glad Putin laid out his red lines and I am glad true to form the west ignored him and threw them back in his face because now he can do what is in Russias interests and really not care about the west any more.

Their calculation is also assuming that even in the event Russia forces him out, Russia will not take a shot at his life and negotiate a release. Otherwise they would've have ran long ago.

A calibre or Iskander would quickly eliminate him from the ranks of the living... but his incompetence is not Russias problem and besides... what region is going to rebel against Kiev and want independence too if he is gone and they get a chance to elect new leadership more to their liking?

Leave him there as his empire disappears in front of his eyes.

We had over 70 years peace in europe and cant allow this to suceed.

Serbia... 20 years of peace...

Russia is not the USA that can invade and destroy countries without consequences.

There is talk of naval landings, but no mention of the 120 to 200K soldiers in Russia and Belarus mobilising to move into the Ukraine.

This is the fog of war... disabling the Orc air force and orc navy and air defence capacity and probably destroy fuel and ammo stores as well as serious military hardware etc etc and then issue an ultimatum that they withdraw their forces from the new republics if they haven't already been pushed out.

I dont care about iraq nor do i care about this propaganda bla bla. I want russia economy crushed and destroyed. And thats happening right now. This is about our freedom and peace in europe.
    And its good to see all stand united

You don't care about the Ukraine either.

Where were you when NATO bombed and fractured Yugoslavia?

He was in nappies... of course possibly still is...

Another Russian aircraft downed by Ukraine

One of the Swifts by the look of it... at an airshow... years ago... hilarious... that time two aircraft collided and both of them crashed... disappointing you ignore the other crash in this incident but the photos of the other aircraft include the airshow grounds it crashed in with the airshow crowds present making it clear... even if you ignore the paint scheme of the aircraft... Rolling Eyes

We can constantly send weapons to Ukraine to assure that.

How will they get there by mule?

Add the complete annihilation of the russian economy, its complete cut out of Europe and you get where its going.

The western economy does not have enough ties to the Russian economy to have that effect.

I report guys like you on FB to get it removed. FB is quite fast in that. Pushing russian propaganda out

How powerful you are.

That is probably what will kill FB moving forward...

Difference is, we will destroy anything Russia trades with. Pipelines can also be blown up inside Russia. Its a big country.

Anyone trying will be arrested and hung in public.

And with evrything confiscated within EU that belonged to Russia we can finance Ukraine war for freedom

You have been... it doesn't seem to have made much of a difference.

Can the trolls get a week ban ? If not they will spoil these thread and we can't gollow what's going on.

They are giving their opinions... I am replying to these posts and as I do the page numbers keep increasing... I am not replying fast enough to keep up with the thread...

Replies say this was from Yemen…

Replies are wrong, look at the colour of the aircraft...it is an aircraft from the Russian Swifts aerobatic team, it was from an airshow where two MiG-29s collided and both crashed.

Since you have experience so i might as well ask, wouldn't the second Ka-52 attempt to destroy the fallen Ka-52?

A strike would likely be ordered depending on where it is... the other Ka-52 would need is ammo to potentially overwatch the pilots on the ground till they could be rescued... an aircraft with the rescue should be able to obliterate the downed aircraft... a 250kg bomb either side of it would do... unless they thought they could recover it.

I used to consider our rulers of having neither courage, nor imagination. Well they have courage, but still no imagination.

Courage doesn't come in to it... it shows more courage to not use force and to convince with logic and reason.

The Ukrainians will put up decent resistance for a week and a half at most once their forces are broken at Don and Lun, its pretty much over for them.

Some of them know surrender isn't an option because what they have posted on international media sites... Russia will be sifting for nazis and dirtbags guilty of war crimes...

Even if Russia defeats Ukraine militarily Russia will be left with a burden of either occupying Ukraine or abandoning Ukraine and watch Ukraine enter the NATO.

When Kiev accepts defeat the Russians will likely demand an election or referendum or just withdraw.

Now it is too late. This invasion will just make Ukrainians hate Russians even more passionately. Russia can never win back Ukraine again.

You assume they want it back... the 200 K Russian troops inside Russia have not started moving into the Ukraine, this is not an occupation... as Putin already explained.

And this unifies the West against Russia. Countries like Germany and France will now be camped tighter with the British and Americans.

Their talks with HATO and the US went no where and they weren't interested in Russias red lines, so I suspect Russia has no interest in what the west thinks or does any more. Any move by the west will get another response.

People in Washington are celebrating now. Russia – even if it scores a big military victory against Ukraine – lost the big war. The war that matters.

The people in Washington are arseholes and treat peoples lives like this is a game.

Russia will complete its objectives and then withdraw to a boundary they are happy with no doubt and I rather suspect Kiev wont be happy about that.

Now obviously most of these Ukrainian planes are flying blind with probably zero direction from ground based radar.

If you are referring to that video you might want to check the date stamp for when that was filmed...

But how can Russia expect a Russia-friendly leader to stay in power in Ukraine without actually occupying Ukraine?

By getting rid of the US installed nazi party and letting them vote in the people they actually want with no rich bastard interference.

And never occupying them.

AN-26 crashed in Russia. At least Reuters claims that.

Would not believe those british intel stooges...

Ukrainians seem to be fighting back for their lives. Did Russia expect this?

I am sure they took plenty of ammo...

damn, still no mod that can kick these trolls?

They are entitled to believe propaganda from the Orcs... banning them means they wont be around when it turns out they are wrong.

Trolls make traffic, you silly.

Trolls are unavoidable... ban two and five more pop up in their place...

Big, tough UK soldiers violently assaulting teaching 'morality' to Iraqi children..

What a bunch of heroes... the whole British Army suffers for this.... who will care the next IED that injures some of these guys?

Garry please.....

The patently ridiculous stuff is just a laugh isn't it?

As time goes on more Russian planes than they have in their inventory will be destroyed... the problem when you talk shit is that your numbers have to keep going up every time you speak otherwise it looks like they are getting the upper hand.

Russian VDV airport attack was a complete failure apparently.

So you keep repeating...

The Kiev regime tried
    the same thing in Crimea and got stopped by the local residents who were better organized.

To be fair, they saw clearly what was coming and the majority of them are actually Russian.

And for the first time i saw Putin lying. He said 2 weeks long that Russia has no intention to start a war, Lavrov and Peskov also.

This is Putin helping two new republics whose territory is partially occupied by Kiev forces... the current operation is not an invasion of Ukraine it is the destruction of the Ukrainian military, part of which is occupying DNR and LNR territory.

They lost planes to sams. Almost no planes or anything to Iraqi Air Force

That is what they said...

There is no need to close the strait tbh. Totally useless and turks will get russian nuks pointed at them.

I suspect any Russian military ships going through will go through anyway.

The Americans didn't give a shit how hard they pummeled Iraq.

They were absolutely brutal and carpet bombed and A-10 straffed Iraqi forces retreating from Kuwait...

I don't like to see when troops are taking losses while having clear advantage. Ask to surender, and if not, fry the fuckers.

The Russian commanders will have a better idea of what is going on than we do, but I suspect there is probably a lot more surrendering than the other sides propaganda would like to acknowledge or admit.

The veterans of the 'ATO' were discussing in their chat group whether they'd still keep their benefits, under Russian authority

I can't see these regions all joining the Russian federation any time soon... they will likely become independent regions.... perhaps a federation of independent states... it probably depends on what they want.

Ukraine ready to discuss neutrality, Zelensky says

It is easy to talk tough when you are grooming a potential new member for your club but when someone breaks in to his house (admittedly he is breaking into theirs hense their response) and they don't actually help and just promise not to buy from that guys shop any more... well you realise that gang is shit so why are you breaking into that other house for them at all?

Realising you picked the wrong team is a real shock...

You can use the process of logical deduction here. If Russia has succeeded in capturing that airport a large military force would already be in Kiev and the Russians would be fucking Ukrainian soldiers wives. So far it hasn’t happened. The airport assault failed.

Using logical deduction, what if they just wanted something else that was at that airport, or they wanted the airport in case they needed it for the next stage of the attack...

_It seems my reporting is coming into fruition and my contacts have been spot on (unfortunately so). Moments ago, Russian Tanks entered into Kyiv reportedly to prepare for a siege on the Ukrainian capital to overthrow the government_

How could they get there so quickly without an airport they could be flown to that was operational nearby?

5 mins till bombardment if the gen is true. Reports of strategic bombers heading out too.

Russia doesn't have any Strategic Bombers... the Backfires are their theatre bombers, the Bear and Blackjack are cruise missile carriers.

Anyone has any real info on what happened with 45s landing party at the airport? If it's true they were destroyed it's huge loss, it's the elite of VDV wiped out for nothing.

Reports of Armour in Kiev suggests that is greatly exaggerated.

What's the difference, civilians will die anyway and Russia is booed by the whole world like they are targetting civilians anyway.

What is shocking is the lack of schools and childrens playcentres and hospitals and churches that the Russians have already hit...

Boris Johnson has more hairy Ottoman balls than Erdogan.

Boris is the only leader who supports the people of Ukraine practically and he even called Putin a 'dictator' on live broadcasting.

Boris Johnson is an example of an unelected western leader who has done serious damage to their country and continues to refuse all demands for him to resign...

Zelenskiy won the election promising to end the war and, at the end, he was not lying.

He is face down in the mud, hog tied and with a bayonett pressed gently against the cheeks of his arse, but yes, their might be an end to this conflict... no thanks to him.

Otherwise, city fighting can be a real drag.

Pretty sure the Russians wont enter any totally hostile cities and will likely negotiate with the mayors or officials to negotiate and agreement of temporary occupation.

Surprised the major part of the air war hasn't started yet.

Those explosions and fires at airfields was their ammo and fuel being destroyed... any planes on the ground were probably hit too.

let Russia enjoy having to take care of that shithole.

Who said they were... they will have a shopping list and once they are done they will leave.

Ukrainian Armed Forces have retaliated against Russia by launching a tactical ballistic missile “Tochka-U” on the military airfield of Millerovo in Rostov Oblast. -RF

Which just shows why a half arsed operation could not be used instead of this one.

If they just supported these new republics they risked naval and air and ballistic rocket attacks... this way they will be able to liberate other regions and can deal with their navy and air force to ensure other operations are not molested.

That is pretty normal for airborne forces.... that is why they have the reputation they have.

BREAKING: Ukraine's deputy defence minister says Russian troops wearing Ukrainian uniforms were able to seize Ukrainian military vehicles, which are now heading towards Kyiv.

Hahahaha.... either he is being clever and saying to Ukrainian forces that if you retreat we will assume you are Russian troops and shoot you on sight, or he is being stupid and retreating Ukrainian soldiers are now going to get shot by soldiers thinking they are actually Russians.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs and Hole like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:31 am

Finty wrote:BREAKING: Ukraine's deputy defence minister says Russian troops wearing Ukrainian uniforms were able to seize Ukrainian military vehicles, which are now heading towards Kyiv.

Are they sure it isn't Ukrainian military guys which defected? Lol

GarryB and Big_Gazza like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:32 am

miketheterrible wrote:

Are they sure it isn't Ukrainian military guys which defected? Lol

They are preparing ground why the already won few times battle for airport was finally lost ... Laughing
    lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:36 am

Looks like the news regarding the paratroopers demise were exagerated. Here they are holding checkpoints like nothing out of thhe ordinary.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, Karl Haushofer, mnrck, miketheterrible and like this post

ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:38 am

Don't pay attention to the idiocy online since it's a big massive chicken pen of dimwits amounting to hundreds of millions. It's also a majorly western activity (that's citizens from western countries taking part), a sect of humans who have been propagandized since birth on certain view points. Their cognitive bias is never, ever going away.

What Russia is pulling off here, if successful, hasn't been achieved by any invading force perhaps ever (in modern times that I'm aware of at least).

The degree to which they have avoided civilian infrastructure, from housing to utilities while still advancing and taking over will be studied heavily in every single capital of this planet, and will serve as template for those wise to read it well.

Operating like this does have its cons, especially when an enemy identifies rules of engagement and decides to take advantage of those for their own gain. I've my reservations when it comes to the capital, which is the rat's den and bound to provide resistance as all cornered dogs do.

The Americans simply flatten places. Nothing being, off-the-table. Not media buildings, hospitals, weddings, power plants... whatever the **** it's.... if they identify a potential enemy, they lob a missile on it. Don't bite the BS, ignore, learn to control yourself and most importantly, think for yourself.

American expertise is, as everybody should know, coups, elite conditioning and corruption. A side benefit of a big fat wallet.

Last edited by ATLASCUB on Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:50 am; edited 2 times in total

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Karl Haushofer, JohninMK, hoom, lancelot, Broski and sundoesntrise like this post

Rasisuki Nebia
    Rasisuki Nebia

Post  Rasisuki Nebia Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:44 am

lyle6 wrote:Looks like the news regarding the paratroopers demise were exagerated. Here they are holding checkpoints like nothing out of thhe ordinary.

Casually directing traffic i see Cool

Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, Karl Haushofer, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:48 am

Rasisuki Nebia wrote:
    Casually directing traffic i see Cool

This film is old I guess.
    People in a car didn't recognize the fact that troops are Russian.
    When the soldier walks away to check the plates & communicate, they are saying something like "those are Russkies, ****, Muscovities .. where are they from here?".

kvs, Broski, Arkanghelsk and caveat emptor like this post

lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:48 am

Mir wrote:
    That is what the VDV are trained for - fighting in and disrupting the enemy's rear. But yes they do need some reinforcements on the double!
    If you look at the videos I've reposted you can see ominous columns of dark smoke everywhere - these guys are hardly toothless.

magnumcromagnon, Mir and Arkanghelsk like this post

EkErilaz
    EkErilaz

Post  EkErilaz Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:50 am

Karl Haushofer wrote:
    lyle6 wrote:

yes that is correct, it is literary the job description of being a paratrooper.

“We’re paratroopers. We’re supposed to be surrounded.” - Captain Winters 82nd airborne, outskirts of Bastogne 1944

flamming_python, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, LMFS, Finty, Broski, Arkanghelsk and billybatts91 like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:50 am

lyle6 wrote:Looks like the news regarding the paratroopers demise were exagerated. Here they are holding checkpoints like nothing out of thhe ordinary.

Driver though that they are Ukrainian soldiers at first. Only later he realized they are Russians. If i understood correctly, his son is a pilot for Antonov.

Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, kvs, ALAMO, VARGR198, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

teh_beard
    teh_beard

Post  teh_beard Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:57 am

We see only what cellphone camera shows us, but from that - its very lax and lacking on security on our paras side.
    As you can hear - those cars are not filled with friendly welcoming brother nationals.
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:57 am

They were sent there, like others have been sent elsewhere. They clearly didn't know what to expect. In some areas there hasn't been resistance. In this one, in this case, there has been, and it's far out.

Russia clearly hasn't integrated their drones in their overall fighting strategy. That's an area the Americans are still far ahead in, and Russia should catch up on. It's very useful for situations like this. Drones are expendable. Doesn't matter how many the enemy takes down, in a situation like this, they'll get the job done of providing relief, as well as serve as a diversion. The Russian MIC is an extreme laggard in this regard.

Edit:

GarryB still writing walls of text of BS. At this point, disrupting the flow of the threads. Obviously, you shouldn't expect otherwise from shameless partisan hacks. Just remember all the BS that man typed, up to the day this operation took place. "Russia won't invade", "Russia doesn't need..." "Russia will do this..." .. the list is endless.

Watch the 180 backflips with delight. The man has absolutely no self-respect. clown

Last edited by ATLASCUB on Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:12 am; edited 5 times in total
    lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:58 am

LMFS wrote:Switzerland sanctions Russian banks, politicians
    Something they didn't do against Hitler
    The Swiss bank system has been co-opted years back when they gave up on bank secrecy for US citizens storing their money there.
    It is fully under the US thumb.

Singapore still has bank secrecy laws in force. At least for now.

magnumcromagnon, kvs, LMFS, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:16 am