Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+69
ali.a.r
zorobabel
crod
The Ottoman
Autodestruct
mack8
Urluber
Walther von Oldenburg
rigoletto
Broski
LMFS
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
franco
Ispan
Kiko
lancelot
Hole
George1
Isos
owais.usmani
Serberus
RTN
JohninMK
Aristide
higurashihougi
Karl Haushofer
mavaff
Maximmmm
VARGR198
Hannibal Barca
Singular_Transform
Firebird
Regular
nomadski
Finty
nero
Airbornewolf
Podlodka77
PapaDragon
ALAMO
Mir
Sujoy
Scorpius
EkErilaz
d_taddei2
magnumcromagnon
TMA1
Cheetah
hoom
Vann7
Big_Gazza
miketheterrible
Arkanghelsk
sundoesntrise
Rasisuki Nebia
par far
Backman
GarryB
caveat emptor
thegopnik
kvs
teh_beard
bitcointrader70
ATLASCUB
lyle6
flamming_python
SeigSoloyvov
auslander
PhSt
73 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Russian special military operation in Ukraine - Page 18 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine

Post  miketheterrible Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:10 pm

The authorities of the Kherson region announced the loss of control over the Genichesky district.

https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/13826175

Big_Gazza, kvs, VARGR198 and Finty like this post

EkErilaz
    EkErilaz

Russian special military operation in Ukraine - Page 18 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine

Post  EkErilaz Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:11 pm

Regular wrote:Ukrainians are also reporting Russians surrendering and showing pictures of POWs

I am more concerned regards VDV troops that are being surrounded in the woods near Kiev. There are no relief forces there yet.

There are killed and captured in war. Even if someone showed a picture of  a battalion of killed  and captured soldiers it would not affect the outcome, there are hundreds of thousands of people involved. My take is that all those types of pictures are more or less propaganda by both sides anyway.
    With the resources we have we will never be able to get more than a slight hunch of what is happening on the ground. The massive amount of desinformation deliberately released by both sides have completely crippled any attempt of OSINT analysis. And that is why it is done, they want to be the ones in change of the narrative within their own bubble.

Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, miketheterrible, Hole, Finty, Mir, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:22 pm

Russia ready to negotiate with Ukraine – Kremlin
    The Kremlin presents Kiev with two demands

https://www.rt.com/russia/550505-kremlin-presents-demands-kiev/

VARGR198, LMFS, Finty, Mir and Broski like this post

par far

Post  par far Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:24 pm

Accurate information is hard to get.
    teh_beard
    teh_beard

Post  teh_beard Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:26 pm

RTN wrote:Russian soldiers captured in Ukraine

Lol kek naaah.

Lack of any kit bar an older AKs, sholder patches slapped on chest velcro, sweater(!) under dress shirt, and that general physical appearansce...
    I can tell you - they could stink from sitting in a swamp for two weeks since joint manuevers, but to not shave, thus look like this after half a day of whole campaign - thats not gonna happen.

A dress up, or LDNR militia with few noice easily available patches put on them. Latter, I think, is more likely.

flamming_python, magnumcromagnon, par far, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, VARGR198 and like this post

EkErilaz
    EkErilaz

Post  EkErilaz Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:27 pm

I have been able to geolocate some of the footage from the helicopter assault. It looks like they used the wide parts of the Dnieper north of kiev as an ingress rout and tuned west just before the hydro electric plant at Vyshhorod. most likely low level in the middle of the river, to avoid MANPADS it is several kilometers wide to the north and more like a lake. That is where the Mi-8s fire the flares when shot at by manpads at least.

Finty likes this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:28 pm

bitcointrader70 wrote:Ukraine claims a Russian platoon surrendered. I don’t read Ukrainian. And it’s a Twatter link

https://mobile.twitter.com/i_army_org/status/1496875390320660488?t=LVqYQBt5aFNpxpHk2Je_Sw&s=19

Nah, I think he meant the Azov hohols are in Moscow and have raised the Bandera flag over the Kremlin.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, VARGR198, Backman and Broski like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:30 pm

teh_beard wrote:

Lol kek naaah.

Lack of any kit bar an older AKs, sholder patches slapped on chest velcro, sweater(!) under dress shirt, and that general physical appearansce...
    I can tell you - they could stink from sitting in a swamp for two weeks since joint manuevers, but to not shave, thus look like this after half a day of whole campaign - thats not gonna happen.

A dress up, or LDNR militia with few noice easily available patches put on them. Latter, I think, is more likely.

These are Ukrainians. Not Russian armed forces. You can tell, even CNN filmed Russians in Ukraine. Modern gear and all.

RTN not being honest, neither is regular but he gets a pass as he is just posting whatever he finds.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, VARGR198 and Broski like this post

par far

Post  par far Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:31 pm

teh_beard wrote:

Lol kek naaah.

If the Russians were coming, they would have leveled all things Ukrainian military to the ground.

Vann7, Big_Gazza, VARGR198 and Broski like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:31 pm

Bitcointrader is really showing his colors. I thought he might be just critical of Putins handing of the situation the last few years. And supporting of this action. But he's shilling cheap retail propaganda. He still cant shake that Anglo superiority complex.

magnumcromagnon, par far, Big_Gazza, kvs, VARGR198, miketheterrible, Mir and like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:32 pm

bitcointrader70 wrote:Ukraine claims a Russian platoon surrendered. I don’t read Ukrainian. And it’s a Twatter link

https://mobile.twitter.com/i_army_org/status/1496875390320660488?t=LVqYQBt5aFNpxpHk2Je_Sw&s=19

The guy is wearing an Ukrainian uniform so nah!!!!!!!!!!

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, miketheterrible and Arkanghelsk like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:33 pm

Backman wrote:Bitcointrader is really showing his colors. I thought he might be just critical of Putins handing of the situation the last few years. And supporting of this action. But he's shilling cheap retail propaganda. He still cant shake that Anglo superiority complex.

Him and RTN.

magnumcromagnon, par far, Big_Gazza and Arkanghelsk like this post

Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:35 pm

Never fascism again. No nuclear weapons in the hands of fascists!
    The US and NATO terrorists have to get this game ends now!

Yes, it costs people's life. War is shit! But!
    Better now a fast hard solution or in 10 years come the fascists, the US terrorists and kill Russia through a Syria scenario.

For 7 years, the terrorists have armed Ukraine, the fascists. If Minsk 2 had kicked off with feet. Have your own people killed with heavy weapons! Putin Wartne: Warranties and Solution Now or it ends here and my military speaks! They laughed and arrogant spoken of sanctions. Stop this **** now!

The world would be in fascism! No, that must never happen.
    God protect people in Ukraine, protect Russia that it is strong enough once again fascism to meet the terror in this world and win!

In memory of 1939 to 1945. Commemoration of Odessa 2015! Never again fascism and its terror!

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, miketheterrible and Hole like this post

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:35 pm

South front are calling every death of a pro russian side..  "russian soldiers" , but there is no way to know that..  and actually looks the other way.. if anyone look at the first photo of a "russian soldier" his uniform is not the same one ,that the green guys used in crimea.. it was more a dirty cheap uniform.. and his armored vehicles was in very poor conditions , as if it was ukrainian taken from a scarp yard..  Russian army today use shinny new equipment and good shape uniforms.. all those first deaths.. including the first 2 captures.. of "russian soldiers "  looks more that they are mercenaries from donbass forces.. they don't have the regular russian army uniform. aside russian army will never leave behind russian soldiers to be captured. russian army move in big groups..   the only exception is special forces that works solo behind enemy lines .  Most of the claims i have seen appear to be ukrainians rebels in the side of russia ,because of the poor conditions of their uniform and vehicles.

the russian airforce is providing close air support to the russian army and the russian army move in big groups ,so don't believe automatically any claims that some russian soldiers were captured and left behind.  That usually don't happen..  in syria even when russian special forces were encircle there was a plane in the sky covering them.

Russian army have plenty of drones too to cover their land forces.. if one pro russian soldier killed..
    as the earlier picture , the russian army will not leave his body to rot in the road. simply it did not happen. They recover their body and either advance if they can or retreat..   ukraine army have no way to hold the russian army advance , if there is airforce and attack drones covering them. deaths are totally possible , for sure , but to leave a russian soldier body in the road.. is not possible. The deaths i have seen until now , does not match those of russian army with their bran new uniform and good conditions armored cars ,it had to be a mercenary group helping russia secure kharkiv or ukraine defectors or simply ukrainians soldiers killed by russian army.

Last edited by Vann7 on Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:46 pm; edited 3 times in total

franco and Broski like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:37 pm

War reporting rule #1 is that the first casualty of war is the truth. The #2 rule is that the fog of war is so thick, it takes time to get a clear picture.

Last edited by franco on Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, miketheterrible, Finty and Mir like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:37 pm

Surrender terms offered to Zelensky,

He has said he will resist

So phase 2 will begin shortly

Heavier Russian forces coming

magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, VARGR198, miketheterrible, Hole, lancelot and like this post

par far

Post  par far Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:41 pm

Vann7 wrote:
    South front are calling every death of a pro russian side..  "russian soldiers" , but there is no way to know that..  and actually looks the other way.. if anyone look at the first photo of a "russian soldier" his uniform is not the same one ,that the green guys used in crimea.. it was more a dirty cheap uniform.. and his armored vehicles was in very poor conditions , as if it was ukrainian taken from a scarp yard..  Russian army today use shinny new equipment and good shape uniforms.. all those first deaths.. including the first 2 captures.. of "russian soldiers "  looks more that they are mercenaries from donbass forces.. they don't have the regular russian army uniform. aside russian army will never leave behind russian soldiers to be captured. russian army move in big groups..   the only exception is special forces that works solo behind enemy lines .  Most of the claims i have seen appear to be ukrainians rebels in the side of russia ,because of the poor conditions of their uniform and vehicles.

South front is a crowd funded site, anyone who donates to them can become volunteer.

I know this because a long time a go I donated to them, just once.

VARGR198 likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:42 pm

bitcointrader70 wrote:Quite frankly I’m surprised majority of Ukraine’s military is even attempting to put up a fight and hasn’t surrendered/deserted yet.

Oh yeah, who would have thought?

I don't know how many are fighting and how many have surrendered

I know this is all a criminal act. I can't believe they made the decision to go in.

magnumcromagnon, par far, Big_Gazza, miketheterrible and Broski dislike this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:43 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    bitcointrader70 wrote:Quite frankly I’m surprised majority of Ukraine’s military is even attempting to put up a fight and hasn’t surrendered/deserted yet.

I know this is all a criminal act. I can't believe they made the decision to go in.

He is lying. Units are abandoning left and right. Maybe rest are Mercenaries (volunteers).  Others are Azov dopes.

You may believe it cause you proven what kind of person you are. Your upset Russia just rescued these two regions while you seemed OK with Ukraine killing people. You are definitely not a good person.

Last edited by miketheterrible on Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Big_Gazza, Hole and Broski like this post

par far

Post  par far Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:45 pm

flamming_python wrote:

If Russian speaking people are being killed, for simply speaking Russian. It is not a criminal act to defend them.

If that is a criminal act, than what do you call what the US does?

Big_Gazza and kvs like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:46 pm

par far wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

If Russian speaking people are being killed, for simply speaking Russian. It is not a criminal act to defend them.

If that is a criminal act, tham what do you call what the US does?

He doesn't care. He is OK with Ukraine killing people, even his own kind. He hates his own people for actually doing something to finally put an end to this.

Add him to the list who showed their true colors. Him, bitcoin, and RTN.

par far, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon and Broski like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:48 pm

Hes KPRF , he would have preferred giving Rostov to Ukraine

magnumcromagnon, par far, Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander, PapaDragon, miketheterrible and like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:51 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:Hes KPRF , he would have preferred giving Rostov to Ukraine

My contempt for him is known. I'll leave it at that.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon and Broski like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:53 pm

No reason to be unpleasant. He has different opinion, but he sounds very disappointed and sad and doesn't spread malicious bs like some others do.

franco, flamming_python and ALAMO like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:55 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:Hes KPRF , he would have preferred giving Rostov to Ukraine

I would have preferred not to invade the Ukraine.

I used to consider our rulers of having neither courage, nor imagination. Well they have courage, but still no imagination.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:19 am