Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+29
thegopnik
lancelot
Isos
nomadski
crod
Mir
JohninMK
GarryB
miketheterrible
TMA1
Odin of Ossetia
magnumcromagnon
Krepost
par far
franco
George1
Hole
flamming_python
d_taddei2
LMFS
Mindstorm
kvs
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
higurashihougi
PhSt
lyle6
nero
RTN
ALAMO
33 posters

    Syrian War: News #23

    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2


    Posts : 2664
    Points : 2840
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    Syrian War: News #23 - Page 5 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #23

    Post  d_taddei2 Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:23 pm

    ALAMO wrote:If you read carefully the Russian documents, almost the whole Syrian operation was financed with the assets assigned to the training.
    This was a hell of training for both of them, and only by watching the progress in both the Syrian and Russian army units, this war shape them and cast to just another level.
    Take a look at the urban warfare performed by the regular Syrian army soldiers. They are actually better than you can observe on the training grounds along Europe, when NATO is making agenda using elite units.
    I would risk an opinion, that the Syrian army at the moment, is the most battle hardened among all. They only need time to reorganize and reequip.

    That's my point they are trained, they have more equipment than they ever had, time to get a move on and use this training and experience. And I agree a Syrian soldier and houthis are probably the best battle hardened troops around
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2


    Posts : 2664
    Points : 2840
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    Syrian War: News #23 - Page 5 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #23

    Post  d_taddei2 Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:29 pm

    Mir wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:
    U forgot when Russia back in 2005 already wrote off 73% of Syrian Soviet debt $13.4 billion. So it was already costing Russia money. Also on equipment Russia hasn't just sent old refurbished equipment, it's also sent new equipment such as T-90, TOS, kornet, and upgraded Syrian systems, and then u have to remember everything that Russia has deployed there, and loss of equipment, including russian aircraft, dead russian soldiers, maintenance etc etc and let's not forget all the ammunition that Russia uses and the ammo they supply Syria. And who do u think maintains and supplies parts for Syrian aircraft? Russia does. And no cost can be put on a Russian or Syrian soldiers life. And let's not forget Iranians and civilians.

    So let's get ball moving.

    Very few T-90's and TOS-A1's were supplied and I think even a Terminator or two - so not a fortune. Syria is a strategic partner for the Russians - so it's a small price to pay. They rather have a sovereign Syria than puppet US Syria or an ISIS Caliphate. Losses and even deaths are inevitable but so far nothing catastrophic.

    Nothing catastrophic, I am glad u forgot the lost of aircraft and Helicopters, lost of special forces, loss of a general, a whole entire transport plane, and a helicopter of troops who were then dragged through the streets naked. experience u cant replace, also all the munitions including modern munitions, and that's just for the Russians, let's add Iranian casualties and equipment provided and lost, then the SAA loses etc.  

    Yeah maybe u forgot, but for the Russians and there families they won't. And the longer they are in this war the more chances of fatalities. Being stagnant just pisses off troops while they get shoot at with no real fight back. Might I add, me and every other British soldier were pissed off with the good Friday agreement in northern Ireland, basically gave IRA csrte blanche to do whatever they wanted and if caught and arrested they only served a short sentence. One IRA bomb maker was given 18 months despite being responsible for 30+ deaths.

    TMA1 likes this post

    Mir
    Mir


    Posts : 2411
    Points : 2415
    Join date : 2021-06-10

    Syrian War: News #23 - Page 5 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #23

    Post  Mir Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:50 pm

    Small price to pay. War is NOT boring! It's evil and it's cruel - period.
    This war is for the survival of a sovereign state and it's people.

    par far and TMA1 like this post

    TMA1
    TMA1


    Posts : 748
    Points : 752
    Join date : 2020-11-30

    Syrian War: News #23 - Page 5 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #23

    Post  TMA1 Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:31 pm

    d_taddei2 wrote:
    Mir wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:
    U forgot when Russia back in 2005 already wrote off 73% of Syrian Soviet debt $13.4 billion. So it was already costing Russia money. Also on equipment Russia hasn't just sent old refurbished equipment, it's also sent new equipment such as T-90, TOS, kornet, and upgraded Syrian systems, and then u have to remember everything that Russia has deployed there, and loss of equipment, including russian aircraft, dead russian soldiers, maintenance etc etc and let's not forget all the ammunition that Russia uses and the ammo they supply Syria. And who do u think maintains and supplies parts for Syrian aircraft? Russia does. And no cost can be put on a Russian or Syrian soldiers life. And let's not forget Iranians and civilians.

    So let's get ball moving.

    Very few T-90's and TOS-A1's were supplied and I think even a Terminator or two - so not a fortune. Syria is a strategic partner for the Russians - so it's a small price to pay. They rather have a sovereign Syria than puppet US Syria or an ISIS Caliphate. Losses and even deaths are inevitable but so far nothing catastrophic.

    Nothing catastrophic, I am glad u forgot the lost of aircraft and Helicopters, lost of special forces, loss of a general, a whole entire transport plane, and a helicopter of troops who were then dragged through the streets naked. experience u cant replace, also all the munitions including modern munitions, and that's just for the Russians, let's add Iranian casualties and equipment provided and lost, then the SAA loses etc.  

    Yeah maybe u forgot, but for the Russians and there families they won't. And the longer they are in this war the more chances of fatalities. Being stagnant just pisses off troops while they get shoot at with no real fight back. Might I add, me and every other British soldier were pissed off with the good Friday agreement in northern Ireland, basically gave IRA csrte blanche to do whatever they wanted and if caught and arrested they only served a short sentence. One IRA bomb maker was given 18 months despite being responsible for 30+ deaths.

    Frankly I dont think Russia has much of a choice of whether to stay or go. They must stay, but because of geopolitical realities I dont think the russians can be as thorough as they might want to be. The turks and americans have their own games they are playing.

    Mir likes this post

    crod
    crod


    Posts : 654
    Points : 693
    Join date : 2009-08-04

    Syrian War: News #23 - Page 5 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #23

    Post  crod Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:39 am

    [quote="d_taddei2"][quote="Mir"]
    d_taddei2 wrote:

    Might I add, me and every other British soldier were pissed off with the good Friday agreement in northern Ireland, basically gave IRA csrte blanche to do whatever they wanted and if caught and arrested they only served a short sentence. One IRA bomb maker was given 18 months despite being responsible for 30+ deaths.

    Not too many paras served time for their shit in my country either if memory serves me correctly, the actions that very much lead to those bomb makers in the first place, no?
    How about the collusion with loyalist death squads? Providing materials and know how for bombings in Ulster and Leinster? So you’ll forgive for not caring about you being pissed off. You should however be more pissed off with the actions and inactions from London that will pretty much hand Sturgeon a Republic of Scotland and the prospect of the ghastly and unpalatable sight of Sinn Féin parading up and down my country claiming victory….your emotions are better directed elsewhere, with the greatest respect.
    GarryB
    GarryB


    Posts : 34836
    Points : 35354
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Syrian War: News #23 - Page 5 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #23

    Post  GarryB Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:02 am

    The Russians wrote off a lot of debt because for most of it it was historical debt that would take too long to pay back if they ever could, which is a barrier to new trade and new relations.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2


    Posts : 2664
    Points : 2840
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    Syrian War: News #23 - Page 5 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #23

    Post  d_taddei2 Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:32 am

    crod wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:
    Mir wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:

    Might I add, me and every other British soldier were pissed off with the good Friday agreement in northern Ireland, basically gave IRA csrte blanche to do whatever they wanted and if caught and arrested they only served a short sentence. One IRA bomb maker was given 18 months despite being responsible for 30+ deaths.

    Not too many paras served time for their shit in my country either if memory serves me correctly, the actions that very much lead to those bomb makers in the first place, no?
    How about the collusion with loyalist death squads? Providing materials and know how for bombings in Ulster and Leinster? So you’ll forgive for not caring about you being pissed off. You should however be more pissed off with the actions and inactions from London that will pretty much hand Sturgeon a Republic of Scotland and the prospect of the ghastly and unpalatable sight of Sinn Féin parading up and down my country claiming victory….your emotions are better directed elsewhere, with the greatest respect.

    Firstly you concluded that I am pro loyalist and backed the British government, well your highly wrong. I did my job, and for the record I treated any terrorist IRA or loyalist the same. Although I know some soldiers didn't. Northern Ireland was a disgrace and maybe u enjoyed the turmoil but many soldiers didn't. In my eyes loyalists and IRA were just as bad as each other and both have blood in their hands as well as the British government. Bojo is a clown and I hope his antics do bring independent Scotland that would be a dream come true. U might still be bitter from history, but the point I was getting at was agreements only tend to prolong the issues and war and quite often don't bring and end to the conflict quickly. And likewise Ur emotions are better served elsewhere lol!
    crod
    crod


    Posts : 654
    Points : 693
    Join date : 2009-08-04

    Syrian War: News #23 - Page 5 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #23

    Post  crod Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:50 am

    I think if you re-read my post you’ll see very clearly that I didn’t rejoice in the turmoil (halfway through the last sentence just in case it’s not clear to you) nor did I suggest you’re a loyalist at any point. I merely pointed out collective atrocities carried out by the BA. You spoke of being sickened along with ‘every other British soldier’ (assuming you meant the ones who spoke with and that you didn’t speak with the entire British forces) re GFA - the toast was buttered on both sides was the point been made. I personally feel it abhorrent that any of them are out walking free, BA included; wouldn’t like to be a victim and seeing that every day up there.
    The thought of SF in government in Dublin and Belfast within 2 years’ time sickens me to the core.
    You need to calm down and read things properly before reacting.
    Now I suspect we’re about to get a talking to for taking the wheels off the thread (to which I put my hand up for).
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2


    Posts : 2664
    Points : 2840
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    Syrian War: News #23 - Page 5 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #23

    Post  d_taddei2 Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:33 pm

    crod wrote:I think if you re-read my post you’ll see very clearly that I didn’t rejoice in the turmoil (halfway through the last sentence just in case it’s not clear to you) nor did I suggest you’re a loyalist at any point. I merely pointed out collective atrocities carried out by the BA. You spoke of being sickened along with ‘every other British soldier’ (assuming you meant the ones who spoke with and that you didn’t speak with the entire British forces) re GFA - the toast was buttered on both sides was the point been made. I personally feel it abhorrent that any of them are out walking free, BA included; wouldn’t like to be a victim and seeing that every day up there.
    The thought of SF in government in Dublin and Belfast within 2 years’ time sickens me to the core.
    You need to calm down and read things properly before reacting.
    Now I suspect we’re about to get a talking to for taking the wheels off the thread (to which I put my hand up for).

    I know what went on on both sides including soldiers. Not all were professional. One thing they did agree on was that it went on for too long. Nobody likes to be living in shithole accommodation, eating powdered food, crap food in general and working everyday 12-14hrs shifts they would rather be at home with family or in a barracks on the mainland. That I can promise you. I agree nobody should go unpunished on both sides. It's why I never took a bias stance, in fact I felt the government handled it badly and many dodgy dealings going on. But as I said the agreement served no purpose other than to delay the eventual outcome.


    Back on topic
    As for Syria which has zero agreement officially. Thee will be no end to the suffering, and loss of life. Until USA, Turks, Kurds, hands are forced and that will only happen when progress is made in Idilb
    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 11732
    Points : 11859
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #23 - Page 5 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #23

    Post  JohninMK Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:12 pm

    Rojava Information Center
    @RojavaIC
    ·
    12m
    [BREAKING]

    Turkey & Turkish-backed SNA groups are shelling NES across multiple fronts, including a second attack near Derik launched from Turkish territory today.

    Suspicions of a coordinated Turkish attack across Kurdish regions of Syria & Iraq yesterday have been confirmed.


    Syrian War: News #23 - Page 5 FKmmvt4XwAYLEw2?format=jpg&name=small
    avatar
    par far


    Posts : 3340
    Points : 3585
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Syrian War: News #23 - Page 5 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #23

    Post  par far Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:03 pm

    d_taddei2 wrote:
    lyle6 wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:
    Still costs money to overhaul and ship. It's not free, and the amount of equipment sent to Syria now they should have started liberating it by now or what are they waiting for? Israeli airstrikes on the newly brought in equipment? Or to left as sitting ducks for TOW? They have almost three years of stagnation, training, and equipment, without any progress.
    If we're talking pure economics you would have to discount Russian expenditures against the potential cost of renting all that prime Med real estate - something that could easily exceed the billions of dollars if it wasn't in Syria's interest to have the Russians invested in the country. And its not as if the Russians are shipping the Syrians top shelf hardware that the costs would be enormous in the first place.


    U forgot when Russia back in 2005 already wrote off 73% of Syrian Soviet debt $13.4 billion. So it was already costing Russia money. Also on equipment Russia hasn't just sent old refurbished equipment, it's also sent new equipment such as T-90, TOS, kornet, and upgraded Syrian systems, and then u have to remember everything that Russia has deployed there, and loss of equipment, including russian aircraft, dead russian soldiers, maintenance etc etc and let's not forget all the ammunition that Russia uses and the ammo they supply Syria. And who do u think maintains and supplies parts for Syrian aircraft? Russia does. And no cost can be put on a Russian or Syrian soldiers life. And let's not forget Iranians and civilians.

    So let's get ball moving.



    When the Islamist terrorist's were set on Syria, the main target was not Syria, the main target was Russia.

    The US plan was to destroy Syria through it's Islamist terrorists, this would isolate Lebanon(Hezbollah), than the US Islamist terrorists would destroy Iraq and than these US Islamist terrorists would destabilize Iran, providing a base for Islamist terrorists to start terrorist activities along Russia's borders, in the Central Asian countries and inside Russia itself.

    President Putin said to the Russian Duma in 2015 before the Russian campaign began, that if we don't fight the terrorists in Syria, than we will have to fight them in our country.

    Yes, Russia has spent money, equipment and lost personnel in Syria, same goes for Iran but had Russia not intervened in Syria, Russia would be fighting these terrorists in their own country and on their borders.

    This was the plan all along.

    Russia became a target in 2003 when President Putin went after Yukos Oil company and corrupt western backed oligarchs. At that point, the Russians knew that the west was going to come after them.

    The Georgia war, Ukraine, Syria and countless other provocations were/are aimed at Russia.

    This nonsense that it is costing Russia more to fight terrorists in Syria, than it would cost Russia to fight terrorist's on their borders and inside Russia it self is just nonsense.

    Russia wants to run a foreign policy that is not dependent on others and where Russia can make her own decisions.

    There is a lot of misinformation in this thread and the Ukraine thread.

    kvs likes this post

    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2


    Posts : 2664
    Points : 2840
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    Syrian War: News #23 - Page 5 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #23

    Post  d_taddei2 Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:11 pm

    par far wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:
    lyle6 wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:
    Still costs money to overhaul and ship. It's not free, and the amount of equipment sent to Syria now they should have started liberating it by now or what are they waiting for? Israeli airstrikes on the newly brought in equipment? Or to left as sitting ducks for TOW? They have almost three years of stagnation, training, and equipment, without any progress.
    If we're talking pure economics you would have to discount Russian expenditures against the potential cost of renting all that prime Med real estate - something that could easily exceed the billions of dollars if it wasn't in Syria's interest to have the Russians invested in the country. And its not as if the Russians are shipping the Syrians top shelf hardware that the costs would be enormous in the first place.


    U forgot when Russia back in 2005 already wrote off 73% of Syrian Soviet debt $13.4 billion. So it was already costing Russia money. Also on equipment Russia hasn't just sent old refurbished equipment, it's also sent new equipment such as T-90, TOS, kornet, and upgraded Syrian systems, and then u have to remember everything that Russia has deployed there, and loss of equipment, including russian aircraft, dead russian soldiers, maintenance etc etc and let's not forget all the ammunition that Russia uses and the ammo they supply Syria. And who do u think maintains and supplies parts for Syrian aircraft? Russia does. And no cost can be put on a Russian or Syrian soldiers life. And let's not forget Iranians and civilians.

    So let's get ball moving.



    When the Islamist terrorist's were set on Syria, the main target was not Syria, the main target was Russia.

    The US plan was to destroy Syria through it's Islamist terrorists, this would isolate Lebanon(Hezbollah), than the US Islamist terrorists would destroy Iraq and than these US Islamist terrorists would destabilize Iran, providing a base for Islamist terrorists to start terrorist activities along Russia's borders, in the Central Asian countries and inside Russia itself.

    President Putin said to the Russian Duma in 2015 before the Russian campaign began, that if we don't fight the terrorists in Syria, than we will have to fight them in our country.

    Yes, Russia has spent money, equipment and lost personnel in Syria, same goes for Iran but had Russia not intervened in Syria, Russia would be fighting these terrorists in their own country and on their borders.

    This was the plan all along.

    Russia became a target in 2003 when President Putin went after Yukos Oil company and corrupt western backed oligarchs. At that point, the Russians knew that the west was going to come after them.

    The Georgia war, Ukraine, Syria and countless other provocations were/are aimed at Russia.



    I know why Russia got involved. But am not talking about that.. talking about getting on with the campaign. A war like this can't and shouldn't go on forever. Although USA has lost the war, their humiliation won't come until Syria is liberated and USA sent packing. Same goes for Turkey.
    franco
    franco


    Posts : 5576
    Points : 5606
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Syrian War: News #23 - Page 5 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #23

    Post  franco Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:10 pm

    We have a saying, keep your friends close but your enemy closer... that is how Putin is playing Turkey russia

    miketheterrible likes this post

    crod
    crod


    Posts : 654
    Points : 693
    Join date : 2009-08-04

    Syrian War: News #23 - Page 5 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #23

    Post  crod Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:40 pm

    d_taddei2 wrote:
    As for Syria which has zero agreement officially. Thee will be no end to the suffering, and loss of life. Until USA, Turks, Kurds, hands are forced and that will only happen when progress is made in Idilb

    yeap, it almost has 'forever war' feel about it'. Russia's hands are tied somewhat until the yanks are out.[/quote]
    avatar
    par far


    Posts : 3340
    Points : 3585
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Syrian War: News #23 - Page 5 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #23

    Post  par far Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:58 pm

    d_taddei2 wrote:
    par far wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:
    lyle6 wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:
    Still costs money to overhaul and ship. It's not free, and the amount of equipment sent to Syria now they should have started liberating it by now or what are they waiting for? Israeli airstrikes on the newly brought in equipment? Or to left as sitting ducks for TOW? They have almost three years of stagnation, training, and equipment, without any progress.
    If we're talking pure economics you would have to discount Russian expenditures against the potential cost of renting all that prime Med real estate - something that could easily exceed the billions of dollars if it wasn't in Syria's interest to have the Russians invested in the country. And its not as if the Russians are shipping the Syrians top shelf hardware that the costs would be enormous in the first place.


    U forgot when Russia back in 2005 already wrote off 73% of Syrian Soviet debt $13.4 billion. So it was already costing Russia money. Also on equipment Russia hasn't just sent old refurbished equipment, it's also sent new equipment such as T-90, TOS, kornet, and upgraded Syrian systems, and then u have to remember everything that Russia has deployed there, and loss of equipment, including russian aircraft, dead russian soldiers, maintenance etc etc and let's not forget all the ammunition that Russia uses and the ammo they supply Syria. And who do u think maintains and supplies parts for Syrian aircraft? Russia does. And no cost can be put on a Russian or Syrian soldiers life. And let's not forget Iranians and civilians.

    So let's get ball moving.



    When the Islamist terrorist's were set on Syria, the main target was not Syria, the main target was Russia.

    The US plan was to destroy Syria through it's Islamist terrorists, this would isolate Lebanon(Hezbollah), than the US Islamist terrorists would destroy Iraq and than these US Islamist terrorists would destabilize Iran, providing a base for Islamist terrorists to start terrorist activities along Russia's borders, in the Central Asian countries and inside Russia itself.

    President Putin said to the Russian Duma in 2015 before the Russian campaign began, that if we don't fight the terrorists in Syria, than we will have to fight them in our country.

    Yes, Russia has spent money, equipment and lost personnel in Syria, same goes for Iran but had Russia not intervened in Syria, Russia would be fighting these terrorists in their own country and on their borders.

    This was the plan all along.

    Russia became a target in 2003 when President Putin went after Yukos Oil company and corrupt western backed oligarchs. At that point, the Russians knew that the west was going to come after them.

    The Georgia war, Ukraine, Syria and countless other provocations were/are aimed at Russia.



    I know why Russia got involved. But am not talking about that.. talking about getting on with the campaign. A war like this can't and shouldn't go on forever. Although USA has lost the war, their humiliation won't come until Syria is liberated and USA sent packing. Same goes for Turkey.


    In Syria there are many elements that are going on, the war in Syria is being won diplomatically.

    Chinese BRI has just signed up Syria, Syria may join the Arab league and Syria is slowly re-building relations with it's neighbors.

    Russia cannot get directly involved against the US, Israel or Turkey.

    The US won't leave Syria until they come under constant military pressure and Russia can't do that directly. Iranian backed forces are putting military pressure on the US and it will take time.

    Turkey is hosting a lot of Syrian refugees and it is taking a toll on it's economy and people. The banana incident proves this, if Erdogan loses the elections in 2023, we may see a shift in Turkish policy towards Syria.

    Syria is becoming harder to hit for Israel, Syria is using anti aircraft missiles and it is making Israel think twice before attacking.

    At this point there is no military situation to Syria but a diplomat one.

    kvs likes this post

    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2


    Posts : 2664
    Points : 2840
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    Syrian War: News #23 - Page 5 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #23

    Post  d_taddei2 Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:40 am

    [quote="par far"][quote="d_taddei2"]
    par far wrote:

    In Syria there are many elements that are going on, the war in Syria is being won diplomatically.

    Chinese BRI has just signed up Syria, Syria may join the Arab league and Syria is slowly re-building relations with it's neighbors.

    Russia cannot get directly involved against the US, Israel or Turkey.

    The US won't leave Syria until they come under constant military pressure and Russia can't do that directly. Iranian backed forces are putting military pressure on the US and it will take time.

    Turkey is hosting a lot of Syrian refugees and it is taking a toll on it's economy and people. The banana incident proves this, if Erdogan loses the elections in 2023, we may see a shift in Turkish policy towards Syria.

    Syria is becoming harder to hit for Israel, Syria is using anti aircraft missiles and it is making Israel think twice before attacking.

    At this point there is no military situation to Syria but a diplomat one.

    Diplomatic solution yeah let's wait for year 2050.

    As for Iran giving US military pressure that's bollocks. Iran has done nothing of the sort.

    Turkey is corrupt and erdo is even more so, he will get to keep his seat. And no change in Syrian policy.

    You comments come with many "may" and that's exactly that and it's unlikely it will happen.

    Chinese BRI won't happen until Syria is fully secure, and BRI will be years before it makes to Syria.

    The only way Turkey will leave/stop support is when idilib terrorists are defeated, and majority of the land liberated, Turkey will then fold in idilib and most likely in the north as well. You will probably find once erdo is on the back foot, that he will strike some kind of deal with Syrian government that he will withdraw all support in return for guarantees against Syrian Kurds. With those areas fully under SAA control. And Isis eradicated from desert. It will leave only the Kurds. The Kurds will have no option but to negotiate and USA will have zero reason to stay as all terrorism threat is gone.

    As for Israel, yes they have to fire missiles from Lebanon airspace nothing new there, Israeli missiles still make it through and destroy targets, even though some are intercepted. Syria can't just keep firing many AD missiles while Israel keeps attacking. The reason Israel attacks is because of Iranian troops being involved in Syria. Once war is won majority of Iranian troops will leave, apart from some Quds forces most likely these will be covert and small in number. This would most likely reduce attacks, and once Syria is fully liberated, international countries will most likely have accept the outcome of Syria and accept Assad, and warmer relations will come.

    Syria will then be able to rebuild, get investment, and China can start to plan for BRI but until then. Nothing will happen.

    nomadski
    nomadski


    Posts : 2118
    Points : 2128
    Join date : 2017-01-02

    Syrian War: News #23 - Page 5 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #23

    Post  nomadski Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:25 am

    @ Parfar

    "....Russia cannot get directly involved against the US, Israel or Turkey......" Agree . None of the foreign forces will go to war with each other in Syria . It is up to Syrians to somehow unite their country , if they can . But we have to recognise the probability that Syria will be partitioned for good . The Kurds forming their own state . Turkey holding on to territory in North . Perhaps Americans leaving from South .


    @ d-taddie2


    ".....Chinese BRI won't happen until Syria is fully secure, and BRI will be years before it makes to Syria......" I think that western Syria can be made secure enough for development and investment . New projects can be protected by China or Russia or Iran . Start now !

    starman likes this post

    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2


    Posts : 2664
    Points : 2840
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    Syrian War: News #23 - Page 5 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #23

    Post  d_taddei2 Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:17 pm

    nomadski wrote:@ Parfar

    "....Russia cannot get directly involved against the US, Israel or Turkey......" Agree . None of the foreign forces will go to war with each other in Syria . It is up to Syrians to somehow unite their country , if they can . But we have to recognise the probability that Syria will be partitioned for good . The Kurds forming their own state . Turkey holding on to territory in North . Perhaps Americans leaving from South .


    @ d-taddie2


    ".....Chinese BRI won't happen until Syria is fully secure, and BRI will be years before it makes to Syria......" I think that western Syria can be made secure enough for development and investment . New projects can be protected by China or Russia or Iran . Start now !

    I doubt China will risk investing in BRI in Syria until fully secure. Especially when you are talking about Syria being partitioned that makes investment in such initiative even worse. And if Syria doesn't sort it's issues out soon u may well find China gives up on BRI going through Syria all together. It's a no brained a secure country brings investment, instability brings zero investment. You also have to remember that once Syria is secured, the west will have to accept Assad and Syria, this will bring sanctions being removed as well assets being unfrozen that's a big plus point for Syria. But won't happen until secure
    Mir
    Mir


    Posts : 2411
    Points : 2415
    Join date : 2021-06-10

    Syrian War: News #23 - Page 5 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #23

    Post  Mir Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:32 pm

    I don't think any Syrian partition is on the cards simply because Kurdish independence would surely mean a full scale Turkish invasion. The Kurds have always been treated respectfully by the Syrians government and has always been considered part of Syria. US sanctions on Syria will never be lifted as long as Assad remains in power. The US failed regime change in Syria is similar to the failures in Cuba and Venezuela. It is an embarrassment for the "number one" nation in the world and they don't take these failures particularly well.

    magnumcromagnon likes this post

    nomadski
    nomadski


    Posts : 2118
    Points : 2128
    Join date : 2017-01-02

    Syrian War: News #23 - Page 5 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #23

    Post  nomadski Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:31 pm

    @ d-taddei2

    "....I doubt China will risk investing in BRI in Syria until fully secure. Especially when you are talking about Syria being partitioned that makes investment in such initiative even worse....." You may be right of course . But the same could be said about any part of the ME or the world . The BRI may come under attack in a few years time , in an otherwise stable and peaceful country . There could be instability there . So the world has got to come to a stop ? I said before that an organisation like CSTO could be set up to specifically protect BRI and associated industrial cities around it . Also the Road does not have to built from East to West , all the time . It can be built from West to East in Syria . Expanding East . Even if it meets a dead end , no great loss . Since it has connected as far as it could connect for now . Also to help private industry to move in , respective governments could provide  financial cover for any damages to property or workers by insurance policy  . A state is big enough to do this !


    @ Mir

    "...I don't think any Syrian partition is on the cards simply because Kurdish independence would surely mean a full scale Turkish invasion. The Kurds have always been treated respectfully by the Syrians government and has always been considered part of Syria. US sanctions on Syria will never be lifted as long as Assad remains in power. The US failed regime change in Syria is similar to the failures in Cuba and Venezuela. It is an embarrassment for the "number one" nation in the world and they don't take these failures particularly well..... " ..........The Turks would be confronted by America , or US backed Kurdish fighters , if they invaded . Even if they occupied Kurdish lands , they would face endemic resistance . Made worse by unification of Kurdish forces . The best they could do , is what they have done . Divide the Kurdish lands North to South and stop access to Sea . Agree that the Yanks will continue with hostility towards Assad .



    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 11732
    Points : 11859
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian War: News #23 - Page 5 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #23

    Post  JohninMK Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:43 pm

    The BRI project is quite interesting. I suspect that the proposed Syria/Iraq/Iran railway might be part of it.

    If so, maybe there will be Chinese railway construction teams on the task with Chinese Railway troops guarding its construction, invited in by the Syrian Government. I note that one proposed route runs via Deir. The other via al Tanf mmmmmmm

    nomadski likes this post

    nomadski
    nomadski


    Posts : 2118
    Points : 2128
    Join date : 2017-01-02

    Syrian War: News #23 - Page 5 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #23

    Post  nomadski Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:04 pm




    When the Chinese traders get to Al-Tanf , they can provide the local yank troopers some dope and Whiskey in exchange for their M16 ! Or mirrors or beads......like they did to the native American Indians !

    LOL

    par far likes this post

    Mir
    Mir


    Posts : 2411
    Points : 2415
    Join date : 2021-06-10

    Syrian War: News #23 - Page 5 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #23

    Post  Mir Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:12 pm

    The Turks would be confronted by America , or US backed Kurdish fighters , if they invaded

    You seem to have a lot of faith in the US/Kurdish partnership. Frankly I don't share that optimism. The US will drop the Kurds like a hot potato. There will be no US backed Kurdish fighters when that happens.

    flamming_python, magnumcromagnon and miketheterrible like this post

    avatar
    par far


    Posts : 3340
    Points : 3585
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Syrian War: News #23 - Page 5 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #23

    Post  par far Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:05 pm

    d_taddei2 wrote:
    par far wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:
    par far wrote:

    In Syria there are many elements that are going on, the war in Syria is being won diplomatically.

    Chinese BRI has just signed up Syria, Syria may join the Arab league and Syria is slowly re-building relations with it's neighbors.

    Russia cannot get directly involved against the US, Israel or Turkey.

    The US won't leave Syria until they come under constant military pressure and Russia can't do that directly. Iranian backed forces are putting military pressure on the US and it will take time.

    Turkey is hosting a lot of Syrian refugees and it is taking a toll on it's economy and people. The banana incident proves this, if Erdogan loses the elections in 2023, we may see a shift in Turkish policy towards Syria.

    Syria is becoming harder to hit for Israel, Syria is using anti aircraft missiles and it is making Israel think twice before attacking.

    At this point there is no military situation to Syria but a diplomat one.

    Diplomatic solution yeah let's wait for year 2050.

    As for Iran giving US military pressure that's bollocks. Iran has done nothing of the sort.

    Turkey is corrupt and erdo is even more so, he will get to keep his seat. And no change in Syrian policy.

    You comments come with many "may" and that's exactly that and it's unlikely it will happen.

    Chinese BRI won't happen until Syria is fully secure, and BRI will be years before it makes to Syria.

    The only way Turkey will leave/stop support is when idilib terrorists are defeated, and majority of the land liberated, Turkey will then fold in idilib and most likely in the north as well. You will probably find once erdo is on the back foot, that he will strike some kind of deal with Syrian government that he will withdraw all support in return for guarantees against Syrian Kurds. With those areas fully under SAA control. And Isis eradicated from desert. It will leave only the Kurds. The Kurds will have no option but to negotiate and USA will have zero reason to stay as all terrorism threat is gone.

    As for Israel, yes they have to fire missiles from Lebanon airspace nothing new there, Israeli missiles still make it through and destroy targets, even though some are intercepted. Syria can't just keep firing many AD missiles while Israel keeps attacking. The reason Israel attacks is because of Iranian troops being involved in Syria. Once war is won majority of Iranian troops will leave, apart from some Quds forces most likely these will be covert and small in number. This would most likely reduce attacks, and once Syria is fully liberated, international countries will most likely have accept the outcome of Syria and accept Assad, and warmer relations will come.

    Syria will then be able to rebuild, get investment, and China can start to plan for BRI but until then. Nothing will happen.




    The Iranian backed forces are giving the Yankees hell in Iraq, no Yankee convoy is safe and the same is being applied in Syria.

    To say Iran has done nothing of the sort is false.

    Turkey and Erdog are corrupt but the Turkish economy is going down the gutter and there is major dissatisfaction among the population.

    Erdog sacked all the High Ranking Generals(and replaced them with yes men), who told him that going into Syria is a huge mistake. The best thing is to let Turkey bear the fruit of the huge mistake they have made.

    Chinese BRI is slowly coming but I agree it will take time.

    Israelis are cowards by nature and once couple of their fighters are shot down, they will back down.

    Iranian influence is there to stay in Syria(and Iraq), through trade, military cooperation and other means. Israel cannot tell others what to do.

    A diplomatic solution is not far away, in the mean time, Russia's main adversaries Turkey, Israel(to a certain extent) are booged down (Israel to a certain extent) and are becoming weaker(especially Turkey.)

    nomadski likes this post

    nomadski
    nomadski


    Posts : 2118
    Points : 2128
    Join date : 2017-01-02

    Syrian War: News #23 - Page 5 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #23

    Post  nomadski Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:06 pm

    @ Mir

    "......You seem to have a lot of faith in the US/Kurdish partnership. Frankly I don't share that optimism. The US will drop the Kurds like a hot potato. There will be no US backed Kurdish fighters when that happens......" Well our plans are good plans , if they address the immediate problems at hand . The facts are now that the SDF has weapons from USA and allows oil to be sold by yanks on black market as a reward . Also our plans are good plans if they address all  hypothetical eventualities . These are :

    ( 1 )  Turkey invaded East Syria and drives out SDF .

    ( 2 )  America colonised East Syria with help of SDF .

    ( 3 )  SAA defeats Turkey and SDF and USA and United Syria .

    ( 4 )  A 10 km meteor hits the Earth , we all die .

    Now building up western Syria economy and industry will enable it to address more effectively present and future problems . Apart from the meteor hitting Earth !

    @ ParFar

    ".....The Iranian backed forces are giving the Yankees hell in Iraq, no Yankee convoy is safe and the same is being applied in Syria......"   Iranian effort was important in Syria against the Rats . But when it comes to America , if it has an effect , it is slow . They close smaller bases in Iraq , to combine them into larger ones , more easily protected . they continue to ship weapons to separatist Kurds . They continue to target Iranian bases in Syria . Iran can not escalate in conventional terms , let alone nuclear deterrent . Iran will soon pour more concrete into reactors , and claim victory !  Trump will come again and he will bomb again . To face the enemy Iran needs Nukes not prayers . The baby ISIS Rats may be dead . But daddy Trump Yankee Rat is alive and well . And so is the new Iranian defeatist cement mixer for the Reactors and centrifuges !

    Sponsored content


    Syrian War: News #23 - Page 5 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #23

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:26 pm