Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+65
Lennox
hoom
Scorpius
higurashihougi
zepia
Broski
ChineseTiger
Mir
flamming_python
Russian_Patriot_
ALAMO
Lurk83
Stealthflanker
11E
bac112
GreyHog
gbu48098
galicije83
miketheterrible
UZB-76
bren_tann
lancelot
FFjet
Dorfmeister
Finty
x_54_u43
JohninMK
Nomad5891
Cheetah
Big_Gazza
franco
medo
GarryB
LMFS
DerWolf
lyle6
Cyberspec
Atmosphere
Isos
Rasisuki Nebia
The-thing-next-door
ult
Tai Hai Chen
Gomig-21
Azi
Sujoy
limb
RTN
Arrow
Daniel_Admassu
tanino
marcellogo
thegopnik
Kiko
calripson
owais.usmani
PhSt
magnumcromagnon
kvs
dino00
Hole
PapaDragon
mnztr
AlfaT8
Backman
69 posters

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #7

Backman
    Backman

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #7 - Page 40 Empty Re: Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #7

Post  Backman Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:58 am

Daniel_Admassu wrote:@GarryB

I found most of your reply statements deflections at best scratch

Who can do everything they need on a computer with a mouse.... I suspect they should be using a tablet or phone if that is the case.

But thanks for proving my point... if you primarily use a mouse or a trackball or a joystick then you push away that keyboard and you put the primary control device directly in front of you...

I thought you might have a point there. Until I looked at the location of my hand on the computer I've been using for 10+ years.

Looks dead center to me. And if i wanted to an ass, i could say laptops outsell PC's which means center sticks are better. Wink

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #7 - Page 40 Hp-spectre-x2-2017-trackpad

Gomig-21 likes this post

Gomig-21
    Gomig-21

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #7 - Page 40 Empty Re: Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #7

Post  Gomig-21 Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:49 pm

Backman wrote:
    I thought you might have a point there. Until I looked at the location of my hand on the computer I've been using for 10+ years.

Looks dead center to me. And if i wanted to an ass, i could say laptops outsell PC's which means center sticks are better. Wink

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #7 - Page 40 Hp-spectre-x2-2017-trackpad

Yeah the hypocrisy is a bit outrageous, especially knowing that he flew mostly the FA-18 and let me see, between the legacy Hornet and the Super Hornet, where is the stick again on BOTH.......OH YEAH, IN THE CENTER lmfao! lol1

Backman likes this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:17 pm

This stick "thing" is much to do about nothing!

Many years ago when the F-16 was in it's infancy I read somewhere why they opted for a side stick on the F-16 and if I remember correctly the answer was quite simple;

Unlike other fighter jets the configuration of the ejection seat was tilted slightly backwards in order to give the pilot an even better all-round view from the cockpit. In an high G environment the pilot would be forced back into his seat which could have made it quite hard to operate the center stick in certain situations - hence they moved the stick to the side for easier access and control with the pilot's arm resting on the console.

Last edited by Mir on Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:07 pm

Most pilots are still men, for them it´s normal to have a stick in the middle. Laughing

GarryB, franco, zepia, JohninMK, Isos, Rodion_Romanovic, Gomig-21 and like this post

hoom

Post  hoom Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:30 pm

From recollection F-16 side-stick was also originally non-moving, with control by pressure sensing pads.

Side-stick might be easier but clearly plenty of planes do fine with a centre-stick.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:41 am

With a side stick controller a two crew aircraft where either crewman is expected to be able to fly the aircraft means the side sticks have to be different... because the centre column will have the engine controls and they both need to be able to access them so one is flying and the other is controlling the engine thrust.

With the central area having the engine throttles that means if you have side flight control sticks... the crewman on the left side of the cockpit needs their side stick to be on their left hand side because to their right will be the throttle controls in the centre. The crewman on the right will have their side stick to their right and the central throttle controls to their left, so for ambidextrous crew there wont be a problem but for the rest of the worlds population it is going to be a pain in the ass learning to fly left handed...

Look at this:

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #7 - Page 40 6fhor10

Not only is it directly in front of them and easy to reach with either hand they choose to use, but the yoke design means they very easily choose a specific angle of roll and yaw...

My first joystick for a computer game was for an Amiga 500 and it was digital... it had internal clicking connectors so the stick was like the buttons on a keyboard... you could have forward or back or left or right or you could have two at a time that were not opposites... so effectively you could not have forward and back as they would cancel each other out... each button meant full turn in that direction or two together added four more directions diagonally, so with four keys you could have 8 combinations of direction.

With an modern analogue joystick you can move it in 8 directions but you can vary the amount so you can have a tiny touch left or a bit more or a bit more until it was moved to the left as far as it would go... so you could roll or climb or descend at a rate you could control yourself.

The Yoke above is analogue and allows different control levels and angles to be delivered by the pilot with either hand.

This one however:

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #7 - Page 40 A320ne10

Means you need to be able to fly the plane with either hand... the cockpit positions are fixed so the captain sits on one side and the co pilot sits on the other... the captain would obviously be able to decide, but they are not going to make all right handed pilots co pilots.

You can only use one hand to fly this plane and which seat you sit in determines which hand that will be.... you get no choice at all.

So yeah, if you prefer a side joystick and you say it is better... try using your other hand with it on the other side because in a plane with a side stick controller you can't move the stick to the side you prefer... and you certainly can't use both hands on it.

Backman likes this post

zepia
    zepia

Post  zepia Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:53 pm

The title is one thing but he debunk a lot of myth and smear about the Felon.
    There is nothing whoever read this thread not already aware of, but it good to see someone did this.

Gomig-21 and Backman like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:26 am

^ So after making 6 videos about the aircraft, he had to make a 7th because his inbox was flooded with ridiculous bullshit that got on his nerves.

GarryB likes this post

Russian_Patriot_
    Russian_Patriot_

Post  Russian_Patriot_ Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:27 pm

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #7 - Page 40 Img_2312
    Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #7 - Page 40 Img_2313
    Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #7 - Page 40 Img_2314
    Author: 

GarryB, franco, George1, dino00, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, zardof and like this post

Gomig-21
    Gomig-21

Post  Gomig-21 Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:50 pm

Black one?

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #7 - Page 40 FAriajlXIAIq9ct?format=jpg&name=large

GarryB, George1, dino00, Big_Gazza, zepia and lyle6 like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:32 pm

Prototype "508" with a new paint job and number?

Gomig-21 likes this post

Gomig-21
    Gomig-21

Post  Gomig-21 Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:09 pm

Big_Gazza wrote:Prototype "508" with a new paint job and number?

Yeah I wasn't sure if it was a photoshop to be perfectly honest, hence why I posed it in a question manner, to see if anyone here knew anything about such a paintjob. I bet it is a PS.
    Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:21 pm

All of that is 3D graphic art. Very nice though Smile

Gomig-21 likes this post

Gomig-21
    Gomig-21

Post  Gomig-21 Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:12 pm

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #7 - Page 40 FBAnVcdVUAoryt3?format=jpg&name=medium

GarryB, zepia, LMFS, Backman, Finty and Mir like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:20 am

randomly put russia gas core reactor rocket speed in cyrillic for yandex........ Got this instead.

https://iz.ru/1232091/2021-10-07/rossiiskie-voennye-poluchat-novuiu-giperzvukovuiu-raketu

In Russia, another system of hypersonic weapons is being created. It is implemented within the framework of development work (ROC) "Larva-MD". Now the product is at the stage of working out the layout, it has not yet come out for flight tests. The new missile is designed to equip the Su-57 stealth fighters. Presumably, it will fly at speeds five or more times faster than sound and will become almost invulnerable to modern air and missile defense systems.

According to the documents that are at the disposal of Izvestia, the second stage of the ROC "Larva-MD" started in 2019. The main developer on this topic is JSC "Corporation" Tactical Missile Armament ". As an engine in the rocket is used the so-called product 70. It is developed by the Turaev Machine-Building Design Bureau "Soyuz", specializing in power plants for ultra-high-speed missiles.

Sources of "Izvestia" in the defense Ministry confirmed that for the armament of the Su-57 hypersonic munition is being developed. Now it is at the stage of ground working out and flights with weight and size models. The missile will be placed in the internal compartments of the Russian stealth fighter.

"It can be assumed that the "Larva-MD" is a replacement for anti-ship ammunition for operational-tactical aviation. It should be a hypersonic missile, probably with a range of several hundred kilometers, "said military expert Dmitry Kornev.

He also added that the new development will replace the family of anti-ship supersonic missiles X-31, which were created in the 1980s.

"Russia is surrounded by seas and our country cannot do without modern air-to-surface weapons," Dmitry Kornev concluded.

The fact that Russia is developing a high-speed anti-ship missile of a new generation, said this year at the International Naval Salon in St. Petersburg and the General Director of KTRV Boris Obnosov. According to him, the jam-proof "smart" ammunition will replenish the line of aviation weapons of the company.

other source with pic related attached. https://iz.ru/1231901/anton-lavrov-aleksei-ramm/giperzvuki-su-rossiiskie-voennye-poluchat-kompaktnuiu-raketu

So, in 2013, the then commander-in-chief of the Air Force, Colonel-General Alexander Zelin, revealed some details of the creation of lightweight hypersonic missiles. According to him, such ammunition weighs about 1600 kg and reaches a speed of Mach 6.

In 2012, development work was launched to create another hypersonic missile with a PVRD - the novelty was called "Gremlin". This munition is intended for arming operational-tactical aviation, including Su-34 bombers. Small size and weight should allow you to hang several missiles on each aircraft.

Earlier, Alexander Zelin reported that in addition to small hypersonic guided missiles in development is a much heavier model for long-range aviation, which can reach speeds of up to Mach 12. The novelty, the work on which started in 2016, was called "Sharpness". As a power plant in this rocket uses a more powerful ramjet engine, known under the designation "product 71".

In addition to aircraft carriers, hypersonic ammunition in Russia is being developed for the fleet and the Strategic Missile Forces.

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #7 - Page 40 New_we10

dino00, magnumcromagnon, kvs and LMFS like this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:44 am

I'm fiending for an su-57 fix. When tf are they going to show us some new ones dangit????

Gomig-21 and thegopnik like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:48 am