Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+56
Eugenio Argentina
Backman
sundoesntrise
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
LMFS
ucmvulcan
Arkanghelsk
TMA1
Sujoy
lancelot
elconquistador
lyle6
GarryB
JohninMK
nomadski
mnztr
starman
Cyberspec
magnumcromagnon
yavar
miketheterrible
Rodion_Romanovic
Hannibal Barca
franco
Regular
auslander
Airbornewolf
Tsavo Lion
RTN
Big_Gazza
SeigSoloyvov
AlfaT8
Aristide
nero
George1
littlerabbit
zardof
TheArmenian
Mindstorm
Viktor
Vann7
medo
kvs
Hole
flamming_python
jhelb
Arrow
OminousSpudd
Isos
Dima
ahmedfire
par far
BKP
PapaDragon
ATLASCUB
crod
60 posters

US-Iran standoff 2019- #2

ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

US-Iran standoff 2019- #2 - Page 29 Empty Re: US-Iran standoff 2019- #2

Post  ATLASCUB Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:54 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/44728/breaking-reported-ballistic-missile-attack-near-u-s-base-in-erbil-iraq

BREAKING: Reported Ballistic Missile Attack Near U.S. Base in Erbil, IraqReports suggest the missiles may have been launched from Iranian territory. 

How will sleepy Joe react to this??

Russia will cover Iran , no worries!

Correction: China will cover Iran.

Russia will help.

Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy and Broski like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:55 am

I thought for a moment that I must be in an alternative universe but then it struck me

WTF are all these Iran/Iraq posts doing in this thread???

We have enough dross here without packing it with irrelevant stuff.

Paging Garry. Do your stuff.
    LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:50 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/44728/breaking-reported-ballistic-missile-attack-near-u-s-base-in-erbil-iraq

BREAKING: Reported Ballistic Missile Attack Near U.S. Base in Erbil, IraqReports suggest the missiles may have been launched from Iranian territory. 

How will sleepy Joe react to this??

Russia will cover Iran , no worries!

If I remember well, they were signing JCPOA to get more Iranian oil in the market welcome

Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:53 am

LMFS wrote:

If I remember well, they were signing JCPOA to get more Iranian oil in the market welcome

The Americans threw a tantrum when Russia demanded no sneaky sanctions on Iran because of the war
    in Ukria. Naturally, the western fake stream media is trying to paint this as Russia trying to use Iran
    to reduce the sanctions pressure. But the retards never explain how Iran can be used by Russia this
    way (i.e. the trade volume is not there and Iran does not supply Russia with critical products.)

Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, miketheterrible and LMFS like this post

Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:10 am

#Iran wait during two years since #Soleimani death and knew how to maintain the surprise factor to launch the attack at the right time. For sure this is only a part of what can expect #Iran has prepared & It won't be the last attack to #USA forces in the Middle East...
    Tweet übersetzen
    12:34 am · 13. 03. 2022·Twitter
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1502785006384693250

https://twitter.com/i/status/1502769728917540865

https://twitter.com/i/status/1502777224965013513

US-Iran standoff 2019- #2 - Page 29 Ob9YEp5p?format=jpg&name=900x900

US Air Strike?
    US Air Force bombardier and stratotanker are ready to öder near Erbil. #iraq #erbil #iran
    Serdar Çakmak
    @uzaymimari
    ·
    1 Std.
    US-Iran standoff 2019- #2 - Page 29 FNsARZTUYAEXKe4?format=jpg&name=medium

GarryB likes this post

LMFS
    LMFS

US-Iran standoff 2019- #2 - Page 29 Empty Situation with Iran and US over Jpoa and oil and gas requirements of the west.

Post  LMFS Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:23 am

kvs wrote:The Americans threw a tantrum when Russia demanded no sneaky sanctions on Iran because of the war
    in Ukria.   Naturally, the western fake stream media is trying to paint this as Russia trying to use Iran
    to reduce the sanctions pressure.   But the retards never explain how Iran can be used by Russia this
    way (i.e. the trade volume is not there and Iran does not supply Russia with critical products.)

Even when this attack is supposedly retaliation for some Israeli airstrike in Syria days ago, I am pretty sure Russia did align with Iran and other countries in the flurry of consultations that took place end of last year. Now US will need to put their attention on that theater too, and hear the wailing of Israelis which were certainly hit in this attack and their demands to nuke Iran, maybe someone else wants to join the party? To think that US were spending their time thinking about how to overstretch Russia respekt

Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, jon_deluxe and Arkanghelsk like this post

Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:25 am

False Flag?
    The RAGE X - Conflict News -Mad:
    @theragex
    ·
    1 Std.
    🇺🇸⚡🇮🇷Another video from Iranian Tabriz, from where Fatah-110 missiles were launched at U.S. and International Coalition facilities in Iraqi Erbil.

#Iraq #Iran #USA

https://twitter.com/i/status/1502788530879275008
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:15 pm

This is on top of the Brits finally returning the advance payment of £400M that Iran made in the 1970s for tanks that were never delivered.

From ZH

Biden Poised To Remove Iran's IRGC From Terror List To Wrap Up Nuke Deal
    Tyler Durden's Photo
    by Tyler Durden
    Wednesday, Mar 16, 2022 - 07:45 PM

At a moment a restored JCPOA Iran nuclear deal is said to be nearing the finish line, despite recent complications involving Russia's demand of written guarantees that Ukraine-related sanctions won't hinder its trade with the Islamic Republic, the White House is poised to remove Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps from the official terrorist.

Biden's potentially reversing Trump's 2019 designation of the elite Iranian military group as a Foreign Terrorist Organization is being seen as a final huge concession toward Tehran, with the immediate effect of providing energy markets relief as additional oil supplies are badly needed for Europe.

Axios' Barak Ravid reports Wednesday that "The Biden administration is considering removing Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps from a terror blacklist in return for a public commitment from Iran to de-escalation in the region, three Israeli officials and two U.S. sources tell me."
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:52 pm

Will the british government pay interest on the 400M? I mean... 40+ years! Shocked

GarryB likes this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:20 pm

I hope Iran knows that JCPOA will go to the bin as soon as the zombies looking CNN get bored about the ukrainian crisis. Then they will need a new enemy and it will be again Iran... specially that zionists will push for an open war during that meantime.

GarryB, nomadski, lancelot and Yugo90 like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:01 am

Biden's potentially reversing Trump's 2019 designation of the elite Iranian military group as a Foreign Terrorist Organization is being seen as a final huge concession toward Tehran, with the immediate effect of providing energy markets relief as additional oil supplies are badly needed for Europe.

Ohhh poor America making all these concessions to recover a deal they broke and Iran continued to follow even after the US and European members broke several fundamental aspects of the deal, yet still wanted Iran to comply with their part of the deal.

Amazing.

starman and nomadski like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:06 pm

Think this may be lighting the blue touch paper, a step too far.

GEROMAN -- time will tell - 👀 --
    @GeromanAT
    ·
    2h
    A friendly reminder on John Bolton's latest statement:
    We supplied 'activists' in Iran with weapons from Iraqi Kurdistan...
    He was even proud of it...

nomadski likes this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:13 pm

Of course . The Americans or others will try to take advantage of the recent turmoil . But whose fault is this ? In Syria , there were reports of government troops planting small arms among the corpses of the protesters , to justify their killing . I think I saw this myself on BBC . Did the Syrian government fire the first shot ? Whoever fired the first shot is guilty . whoever drew first blood . The person who responds in defence , is not guilty . It does not matter , if he fired back with a sling shot made in Japan , or a harpoon made in Sweden or an M16 made in USA or an AK47 made in Soviet union . He has to defend himself , in any way he can .

So if we have to blame anyone , we have to blame the instigators and aggressors and those that reject peace and democracy . And are the Kurds , this time , doing that ? Or are they , like other Iranians shouting for an end to dictatorship and for freedom , on the street ? And are Iranians in all corners of Iran , not subject to attacks ? Who fired the first shot ?

The Kurds have always had their personal firearms , even under the Shah . They were allowed this . The problem , is one of lack of political development of democracy . A democratic system is capable of addressing the nationalities and minorities question , without bloodshed . I do not dislike the Kurds , because they wish for separate homeland , they have a right to voice this . But in a democratic system , any addition or subtraction to territory , is a matter for a national vote .

In a democratic national vote , also involving the Iraqi and Turkish nations , the Kurds do not carry enough votes for a separate homeland . But this time , they have not even been voicing a wish for separatism . Only a slogan common to all other Iranians . I do not dislike the Kurds , because some are communists , it is their right under a democratic system , to have free political affiliations . They could dance around a fire , and worship the moon God , It is their right .

I do not dislike the Kurds , because they want to speak their language in their region . But they will not understand others , if their neighbours speak Persian or Arabic or Turkish . Then they must speak those languages too . Do in Rome , as the Romans do !  In fact I do not dislike the Kurds in any way .The problem is a lack of a democratic central government . The Kurds in this case , only responded to the first shot fired by security services . The fault tests with them . Iran military should withdraw troops from all the streets of Iran . Unless there is a need to respond to armed gangs . They should leave peaceful protests alone .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VZqVJVR9IBc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=831LvHXLXx8
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:55 am

But whose fault is this ? In Syria , there were reports of government troops planting small arms among the corpses of the protesters , to justify their killing . I think I saw this myself on BBC .

That is hilarious because wasn't it the British that used to plant weapons on Irish nationals they shot to prove they were IRA and the shooting was justified?

Don't believe BBC.

nomadski likes this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:46 pm

The British planted weapons on dead Irish ,they shot ? I did not know that , but seems like clever tactic , used by many . I do remember this being reported in Syria . But the following video shows clearly that protesters were shot , and they had no weapons on them . The result ? A civil war , extremism and yanks pumping weapons into area to turn protests into civil war . So both internal and external  factors contributed to the disaster . But if there was no killing in the first place , then the Americans could not have taken advantage . Exactly similar situation to Iran now . Protests , however large and prolonged , can be managed without using guns or killing . In Iran the security force elements , seem deliberately to kill kids  to provoke a civil war . Today a paper called democracy ( mardom salari ) was the only one mentioning the role of plain clothes ( security ) in shootings . So we are facing a plot by elements inside and outside , to cause a war , create a crisis situation . The right wing are to blame . The Bazaar is closed ! I wonder why ?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qu64L74LC1k

At the start in Daraa, we see no guns in the crowd , only a few throwing stones . But we do see " plain clothes " either security or provocateur or security provocateur ! Shooting at unarmed crowd . This crowd could be controlled easily by a line of long shields .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I7n8Myvw3T4
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:16 am

The British planted weapons on dead Irish ,they shot ? I did not know that , but seems like clever tactic , used by many .

It worked both ways... often a group of IRA would attack something and if there was a chance of one getting away they might take all the weapons so they could pretend the evil Brits are killing unarmed civilians again... but equally when dealing with the IRA it was expected to be a quick draw and if you weren't fast enough you were dead so shooting early was therefore the best policy... except when the intel is wrong.... carry a spare gun with no prints and no serial numbers you get out of the police lockup and if you shoot someone and can't find what you thought was a gun drop your spare nearby... after wrapping his or her fingers around it.

The west don't care about freedom or democracy... what they do care about is access to resources and markets and control and they are happy to kill any and every one in their way.

If you really do believe in human rights and peace and democracy... don't have anything at all to do with the west... don't accept their money or their support... don't even talk to them.

Most people who want to bring peace and democracy to their own country want to do so for the benefit of the people... the west will bring democracy and peace to the Ukraine till everyone there is dead and not bat an eyelid about that.

It is truly dealing with the devil.

nomadski likes this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:11 am

Some in Iran are talking about a referendum , a peaceful resolution , and formation of a democracy . They see protests as a means of pushing the clergy and their backers to agree to this . The numbers on the street in different cities , are in order of hundreds to a few thousand , but not millions . However looking at some statistics on support for new Republic , and against the present Republic , is about 70% . The Iranians abroad , who do not fear persecution , have shown through protests  that a majority are indeed against the Islamic Republic . The reason we do not see protests in their millions in Iran , I believe is fear ! Since protesters are being shot in some numbers . However , some are calling for a big show of numbers , in a sense a practical referendum in itself . If the people put aside fear and come out in big numbers , then there is a small chance , that the right wing establishment , will agree to a referendum . But I doubt it , seeing that only a couple of days ago , the order was given to  fire with machine guns in some towns , against unarmed protesters . Therefore out of the possible outcomes of this impasse , an armed conflict seems the most probable . Of course there will be all sorts of players in this , the outcome unknown . Perhaps the true democracy , only comes out of a gun . Perhaps the right to have guns , as in America , is the only true way for a level playing field . They called a Colt sidearm , the " peacemaker " for a reason ! The fastest gun , rules the roost !

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8XkHsinz7oU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qwb3P0fuM1c

LOL .

Last edited by nomadski on Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    sundoesntrise

Post  sundoesntrise Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:26 am

US-Iran standoff 2019- #2 - Page 29 Screen42

Any truth to this? It seems as if the protests are slowly morphing into something more dangerous. The authorities in Teheran will have to adapt and anticipate, hoping for things to quietly fizzle out whilst they keep a to a certain extent a lid on the fire ain't working.

Also, what's the deal with the support network of commie Kurds/ foreign Intel agencies in the border areas of Iraq? True or overblown for propaganda purposes?

nomadski likes this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:05 am

Dont trust it one bit. Kurds largely in the pocket of western NGOs, nonprofits and intel agencies. the whole movement for change of Iranian government whether peaceful or violent is backed by globohomo. Of all the powers on this earth they serve the most wicked of interests. They do not believe in nations, ethnicities or religion. They are literal globalists who work for the annihilation of christian, nationalist, patriarchal west. If this is the case then how would they ever ultimately support egyptian, arabic, persian, pashtun and indian islam? They see these "constructs" as obstacles in their desire for the ultimate homogenization of everything religious people hold dear. This includes hindu and buddhist societies.

So this is why I see any protest against the Islamic republic of Iran as evil and connected to the neocon/neolib plans. This is why I personally would never support it, for whatever that is worth. I'm just a random forum poster. I sympathize with the simple kernel of truth behind the protests, and I do believe the current Iranian Islamic republic needs to atone for cruelty and hardened heart against it's own people. The issue right now is that any kind of protest against the Islamic republic of Iran is an existential evil and ruin to Islam and the Persian people.

Again this is just the opinion of a humble rando on a defense forum, but I hope it makes sense.

flamming_python and Broski like this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:20 am

Yes , you like " Frank" , I heard he is a good guy  , and does other things too ! I heard the tough kids on the block love him , but not the Iranian kids .....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QqTfBysL0wE

kian heard Frank's name , and saw him ?And ....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvc_fahGMmQ

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:28 pm

Lots of fighting going on in Kurdish-populated cities in Iran

Ignore the CIA-sponsored twitter commentary

Last week:

Over the last couple of days: (some videos are graphic)

Protests in the rest of the Iran though seem to have fallen off. I guess realizing outside powers are attempting to incite a sectarian war in your country might dampen enthusiasm.
    Although we can't exclude action in Baluchi-populated cities as Bolton earlier hinted; the clique in Pakistan the US sponsored in overthrowing Khan might go for that. Or might not.
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:42 pm

FP wrote " Ignore the CIA-sponsored twitter commentary . " Indeed ignore everybody's commentary , because everybody has their own interests and will put a different spin on events , to justify their actions / inaction . When I watch these YouTube clips , I turn the volume off , and just watch the pictures , because it is difficult to fabricate the video , and it gives much more info . Now , in no place , have I seen protests coming to an end ,or protesters displaying separatist slogans or being supported by Pakistan . All that I see , are protesters , all without weapons , shouting in the street , and Army and security opening fire . This is a fact . Now if armed opposition formed in more than one spot in Iran , then the days of IR , is at an end .
    sundoesntrise

Post  sundoesntrise Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:34 pm

https://t.me/Cultures_of_Resistance/12756

There is not too much video material coming out from places in Iran, but what does seep through is pointing towards escalation.

Above is a link to a video showing the IRGC/Basij fighting street battles with Kurdish protestors/rebels in Javanrud.

Also nomadski what's the deal with the wardrums sounding over Iraq Kurdistan? 10 day ultimatum sounds weak, and missile strikes are for the domestic public front.

nomadski likes this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:15 pm

The right wing got the war , they wanted . They were desperate to somehow ignite a fight , to achieve their reactionary aims to suppress the protests , through violence . They tried against R . Azer , and also tried against " ISIS" , but this one seemed the easier battle . Fixed targets , little diplomatic or international fallout , unlike " ISIS" the hidden " enemy " , this one is in plain sight . Now they hope that attention will be diverted towards the Kurdish enemy , and national unity will be broken . A lesson or justification to use heavier lethal force also in Baloch region or Caspian coast . But I doubt they will succeed . The Kurds have every right to defend themselves , in unprovoked attack by state terror apparatus . " ultimatum " , means using planes and Tanks to attack towns and villages ......

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:42 pm

Or

The US is simply now using the nuclear option against Iran; the Kurdish card, which the US had earlier withheld from on account of Turkey's security interests, but now with Turkey moving away from the West anyway - no longer has any reservations against employing.

And so the various Kurdish militias and separatist organizations in Iran have been given the signal to rise up much like the Kurds in Iraq were told to by Washington in 1991, with the according promises of arms deliveries and other supplies as soon as they've got the ball rolling and taken over some border crossings at least.

And on the backdrop of this Iraqi Kurdistan itself is emboldened, while the Turks probably want to preempt the Syrian, Iraqi and rebel Iranian Kurdish territories from joining together under a US-sponsored aegis, and have decided to invade north Iraq to prevent that.

TMA1 likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:17 am