Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+56
Eugenio Argentina
Backman
sundoesntrise
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
LMFS
ucmvulcan
Arkanghelsk
TMA1
Sujoy
lancelot
elconquistador
lyle6
GarryB
JohninMK
nomadski
mnztr
starman
Cyberspec
magnumcromagnon
yavar
miketheterrible
Rodion_Romanovic
Hannibal Barca
franco
Regular
auslander
Airbornewolf
Tsavo Lion
RTN
Big_Gazza
SeigSoloyvov
AlfaT8
Aristide
nero
George1
littlerabbit
zardof
TheArmenian
Mindstorm
Viktor
Vann7
medo
kvs
Hole
flamming_python
jhelb
Arrow
OminousSpudd
Isos
Dima
ahmedfire
par far
BKP
PapaDragon
ATLASCUB
crod
60 posters

US-Iran standoff 2019- #2

crod
    crod

US-Iran standoff 2019- #2 Empty US-Iran standoff 2019- #2

Post  crod Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:43 am

Perhaps it was choreographed between the three parties?
    US knew Iran had to strike, US kind of said yesterday (before retracting) that they were pulling out so they moved people out. This saves face for the Iranians. Iraq said ok to the strike and everything goes back to normal Proxy war???
    The fact the FM used the word concluded is key...means this is the end of it. Retaliation complete.
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

US-Iran standoff 2019- #2 Empty Re: US-Iran standoff 2019- #2

Post  ATLASCUB Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:51 am

A possibility.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:59 am

Well it is possible that these Iranian missiles were aimed at open ground within air bases... perhaps targeting aircraft or buildings suspected to be empty so the death toll isn't too high.... you know... like the US and France did when they launched cruise missiles against empty buildings in Syria over made up shit about chem weapons attacks... they get their missile launch and pretend they fixed the problem and life goes on.

Problem is that I can see orange boy losing it and going way over the top in response... I am rather more worried about what Trump will do than the Iranians they are vastly more sensible than that shitbag.

Feel the same now as I felt when that second plane hit the tower and so you knew it wasn't some freak accident... there is going to be a huge tantrum and who knows who the Americans will attack or invade... saudis and pakistanis attack the world trade centre and the US invades Iraq and Afghanistan... and the mastermind is in Pakistan...
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:01 am

Now would be a good time for Russia to suggest a new international law on using murderbots just to emphasis that this is what got the US into this situation in the first place....
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:12 am

Current theory in the media is that Iranians were targeting areas of the bases that had no US personnel in order to avoid or at least minimize retaliation

Could explain why it's only Iraqis who got roasted

Going for brag rights while minimizing actual risk at all costs, very Iranian approach indeed thumbsup

That is unless it turns out that they missed​ Cool

BKP
    BKP

Post  BKP Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:19 am

It actually is starting to look like it was a merely symbolic gesture from the Iranians after all. Maybe they're just going to swallow it, at least for now. Question remains if US will use it as an excuse to escalate never-the-less.

Iranian strike was ‘proportionate’ self-defense, no need for escalation or war – FM Zarif

https://www.rt.com/news/477685-iran-proportionate-self-defense-zarif/
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:33 am

Bit of a wasted opportunity though because now they will either greatly increase their force levels and improve defences or leave... and I don't think the Orange one is interested in the latter... he was chest thumping about this being a self defence strike and that it should not escalate into a conflict... well lets see if he is still wanting to not have a war.... I doubt it would be in his interests for a war, but he is just the sort of idiot to start one... he said he wanted to bring troops home and have better relations with the Russians... he doesn't know what he is doing...
    crod
    crod

Post  crod Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:33 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    Current theory in the media is that Iranians were targeting areas of the bases that had no US personnel in order to avoid or at least minimize retaliation

Going for brag rights while minimizing actual risk at all costs, very Iranian approach indeed thumbsup

either way, if missiles prove accurate, the israelis and the saudis now know that a) they have weapons they say they have and b) if they’re willing to target the US forces, they’ll sure as shit target them if they say they will.

they have played this rather well thus far imo. the proxy damage will come for years after.

lets see how mad dog responds but i think this is the end of it for now (less the proxy). they have also given the US the perfect climb down by saying any further aggression will result in israel being attacked.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:25 am

It's a damn shame that random Iraqi grunts had to die just so Iran could look like slightly less of a pussy than usual

And it's not like this tough guy impression will last longer than several hours, they will be losing any undue street cred the moment news about them avoiding Americans spreads

Hell, it's already happening

par far

Post  par far Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:27 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    It's a damn shame that random Iraqi grunts had to die just so Iran could look like slightly less of a pussy than usual

And it's not like this tough guy impression will last longer than several hours, they will be losing any undue street cred the moment news about them avoiding Americans spreads

Some cunt bitch tweeted and you idiot believed it, wait for more information about Iraqis dying.

This tough impression will last be it sends the message that if you fuck with again, it will be your troops or better yet our proxies in Lebanon and else where will get better missiles and weapons.

Last edited by par far on Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    crod
    crod

Post  crod Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:36 am

PapaDragon wrote:

Depends on damage to the base I guess. Though I think your burning anti Iran bias 😂 is clouding your better judgement; Iran fired missiles from within at US forces, not many countries have ever achieved this to be fair.

Another question I have, early warning aside, and the Americans were always going to have warning, why did they not shoot down these missiles - I am assuming the base would have AA protection?

On a brighter note, orange monkey turd can’t demand Iraq pay billions for a shot up base.

Last edited by crod on Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:41 am; edited 2 times in total
    crod
    crod

Post  crod Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:39 am

par far wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Hell, it's already happenin

Some cunt bitch tweeted and you idiot believed it, wait for more information.

We’ll see what the daylight brings I guess - I hope those missiles hit the base or Iran’s missile arsenal will be rightly judged as shite.

Iraq is saying there are no casualties on their side...all very fluid right now.
    par far

Post  par far Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:42 am

crod wrote:
    par far wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Hell, it's already happenin

Some cunt bitch tweeted and you idiot believed it, wait for more information.

We’ll see what the daylight brings I guess - I hope those missiles hit the base or Iran’s missile arsenal will be rightly judged as shite.

Iraq is saying there are no casualties on their side...all very fluid right now.

Very true that this will tell us about the Iranian missiles but one thing that must be done is to separate the fact and lies because there will be a lot of lies coming out.
    par far

Post  par far Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:50 am

GarryB wrote:Well it is possible that these Iranian missiles were aimed at open ground within air bases... perhaps targeting aircraft or buildings suspected to be empty so the death toll isn't too high.... you know... like the US and France did when they launched cruise missiles against empty buildings in Syria over made up shit about chem weapons attacks... they get their missile launch and pretend they fixed the problem and life goes on.

Problem is that I can see orange boy losing it and going way over the top in response... I am rather more worried about what Trump will do than the Iranians they are vastly more sensible than that shitbag.

Feel the same now as I felt when that second plane hit the tower and so you knew it wasn't some freak accident... there is going to be a huge tantrum and who knows who the Americans will attack or invade... saudis and pakistanis attack the world trade centre and the US invades Iraq and Afghanistan... and the mastermind is in Pakistan...

GarryB, I thought you would be smart enough to know the master minds of 9/11 were in Washington and Tel Aviv.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:57 am

crod wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Depends on damage to the base I guess. Though I think your burning anti Iran bias 😂 is clouding your better judgement...

Well I never hid the fact that I have axe to grind with Iran, modern history and all

But agreed, let's wait and see what happens in the morning

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:04 am

If these attacks are just a political escalation then I rather doubt a lot of Iraqis are dead, it would be totally counter productive to their aims in the region to kill locals the way America does.

What is amusing me is the silence from the US... I would have thought the orange one would be tweeting his little heart out about how all attacks were stopped and a million churches, schools, and hospitals were hit and destroyed but not a single US soldier got scratched so he is not obliged to retaliate this time...

Or is he going spastic at the top brass at the pentagon demanding Iran be nuked to the ground for responding to American acts of self defence....
    crod
    crod

Post  crod Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:17 am

Can anyone comment on why no anti air missiles were fired?

Also, there appears to be a discrepancy in the number of missiles fires. Iranians saying tens with the Americans saying up to a dozen fired. Anyone got any confirmation on just how many were fired?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:38 am

Well they might have been painted black and therefore the Americans assumed they were stealthy...
    ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Post  ahmedfire Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:03 am

US-Iran standoff 2019- #2 81949310

US-Iran standoff 2019- #2 81941710
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:48 am

Isos wrote:ELINT News
    @ELINTNews
    Its ok to quote what these idiots quote from other reliable sources. But basically, they are $hit like any other typical western sources when it come to nations outside of western hemisphere.

Here is one tweet which didn't age well with one of the comments. I specifically mean when this guy was deriding the tweet from the handle "Iran"

US-Iran standoff 2019- #2 Elint_10
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:16 am

flamming_python wrote:Where's PapaDragoon now

He'll be in for a rude awakening. Iran did what Serbia didn't.
    Plz dont insult Serbs and Serbia by including him in the same sentence.
    Every nation produces morons and he is just one such example from Serbia. Lots of morons who eagerly gulp all vomit from western side and keeps utter contempt for anyone outside of the "free world".
    We saw that in Syrian war thread and also in this thread after the treacherous assassination.

We see a lot of such samples in Russia and we have a lot here in India too. In the case of India, if anyone want a taste of pure educated fools, utterly loyal to their white/paymaster masters with little to no knowledge about Russia, but opens up only to bad mouth Russia at the first instance, with dishonest and manipulative stuffs, this is the perfect place. https://forums.bharat-rakshak.com

One of many examples of morons who are dishonest and manipulative. Below is one of the milder posters who masquerade as "experts" on Russian systems.
    US-Iran standoff 2019- #2 Br_scr10

When such dishonest idiots are given proper reply like the one below...
    US-Iran standoff 2019- #2 Br_scr13

They resort to these... Laughing
    US-Iran standoff 2019- #2 Br_scr12
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:38 am

This link have done good by collating the statements by the Iranian Govt/officials over the days. These statements gave a lot of clarity to all those who was watching the situation.
    The link also have some of his analysis...
    https://irangeomil.blogspot.com/2020/01/what-will-war-look-like.html

"It might be argued that there could be proxy operations. We can say America, Mr. Trump, has taken action directly against us -- so we take direct action against America."

"Our reaction will be wise, well considered and in time, with decisive deterrent effect."

"It was America that has started the war. Therefore, they should accept appropriate reactions to their actions..."

"The only thing that can end this period of war is for the Americans to receive a blow that is equal to the blow they have inflicted. Afterward they should not seek a new cycle."

"If he says 52 we say 300 -- and they are accessible to us..."

"The response will definitely be a military response"

Those are the words of Brigadier General Hossein Dehghan, the previous Defence Minister of Iran and current Senior Military Advisor to the Leader of Iran, Ayatollah Khamenei, in an interview with CNN. It now looks almost certain that Iran has chosen to take direct military action - or "Option 2", as I described it on Saturday - to retaliate against the US for assassinating Lieutenant General Qassem Soleimani. Given the Trump administration's promises to respond in kind, we look to be heading towards a conflict.
    The bolded part is what FM Javad Zarif said in his tweet. "concluded". So the current cycle is over. If US opens up another one, there definitely will be retaliation from the Iranian side....

US-Iran standoff 2019- #2 Iran_f10

It is to effectively counter this vicious cycle from continuing and deter the muricans from seeking new cycles that I earlier put forward the need for Iran to have more S-300/AD systems and ships on an emergency basis.
    Is is very important to create a no-fly zone from the seas over the murican base in Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain which is achievable with AD ships. Once you shoot down the AWACS and few fighters, it will effectively deter fighters using these bases...

If such a deterrent capability is put by Iran in the Persian Gulf, it will force the muricans to completely abandon these bases in the longer run (almost like how MiG-31 neutralised the SR-71), which should be the Iranian goal and for which Russia and China need to actively support Iran.
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:42 am

PapaDragon wrote:

What a moron!
    Where is your information coming from?

Which means the Iranian missiles are not just exceptionally accurate, they are also exceptionally smarter to choose a place where there are no military objects/personnel so as for Iran to bragg.  Laughing
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:20 am

PapaDragon wrote:Like Soviets were sticking their dicks out for any clown on this planet and routinely got fu*ked as a thank you? Good plan, totally worked the first time
    They were never fully into any stuff and we see a glimpse of the same in the new Russia as well.

And this is same Iran that refused to allow Russia to station bombers in their country to fight terrorists that were threatening Iran
    Get me an official statement plz...
    And deploying bombers to a foreign base to be operated from there is so simple?
    Russia dont have any military base or agreement with Iran, but they do have a base in Syria - so logical question should be why they did not base their bombers in their most active/lively/stocked up base in Syria ???

Top grade ally to throw yourself on the grenade for right there  :lol1
    A moron who have absolutely no clue on the strategic location of Iran and its significance for Russian security will laugh a lot and loud!

Agreed

Payment in advance and in full.

US dollars or gold only, none of that oil, gas, loan or credit BS
    Last time they made a deal for S-300 and did an advance payment (Thats how commercial deals are done all around the world. Specifically telling you coz, you don't know this fact!) for the weapons system, the scum Medvedev (The most visible 5th column inside Russian Govt and the darling of the west! His achievements - Russo-Georgian war, Libyan Govt overthrow, War on Syria, Mistral deal etc) halted it to appease his western masters.
    Iran even threatened to sue Russia for non delivery..

Of course... as soon as arms embargo expires in six months
    I hope so.
    Because Iran is a large market and if Russia stands firm, its 10s of billions of dollars worth of sales that Russia can gain from Iranian needs. A major boost to almost every spectrum of Russian defence industry.

Naturally Iran could have bought those goodies before embargo but that would require actually planning to fight a war plus they didn't want to upset their preferred US and EU luxury merchandise providers
    Yes they did buy! Thats how Iran bought 3 x 877 subs from Russian in the 90s and then later on in the 2000s placed order for Tor and S-300.
    And with the jooish oligarchs that ruled and plundered Russia throughout the 90s, there was not much hope for offensive and other high valued weaponry sales to Iran.
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:45 am

The Iranians have said publicly that they aim to evict Yanks from region. It is necessary to remove them from region. To secure a safe living and trading space. That this action was a slap in the face. And not the revenge they have been talking about. It looks like the Iraqi were warned to leave air bases. So that is why no  casualties. However it is necessary to evict Yanks quickly. Within two years. Or Iran faces starvation and defeat. Since Russia and China are not breaking sanctions or any significant help. Therefore this attack was too weak and not militarily significant.

The Iranian army must evict all bases from Northern PG region. Physically removing bases. And establish themselves in region to create a safe area. No time to ask them politely. Then if Yanks do not retreat and lift blockade, to attack physically and remove bases south of PG region. And inflict pain on Yanks, so blockade lifted. It is only an opening salvo.

Last edited by nomadski on Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:08 pm