Interview of the General Director of JSC "Zelenodolsk Plant named after AM. Gorky "
The Tatarstan online newspaper Realnoe Vremya has published an interview with the general director of the Zelenodolsk Plant named after A.M. Gorky "Alexander Karpov about the current situation and prospects of this enterprise.
What ships are preparing to descend from the stocks this year, why Tatarstan "Cheetahs" are still interested in the countries of Southeast Asia and what the main advantage of the plant in the field of ship repair and service, said in an interview with "Real Time" Zelenodolsk plant named after AM. Gorky "Alexander Karpov.
The state defense order is the basis of production of JSC “Zelenodolsk plant named after A.M. Gorky ”is a part of the Ak Bars Shipbuilding Corporation (a group of companies of the Holding Company Ak Bars JSC). Tatarstan shipbuilders timely provide the navy of Russia with modern warships of various classes, successfully fulfill export contracts and this year decided to resume the production of river ships at their own risk.
- JSC "Zelenodolsk plant named after AM. For many decades, Gorky has been fulfilling the state defense order for the construction of ships of various classes for the Russian fleet. How do you cope with the implementation of this complex and responsible state task, if the suppliers of equipment and components participating in cooperation postpone their shipment deadlines for a later time?
- Indeed, the timely delivery of ships for the Russian Navy depends on many factors and above all on the compliance of the shipping schedule for the delivery of technological equipment by our contractors. The technology of building ships, like no other in the military-industrial complex, is distinguished by a high degree of cooperative ties and technological complexity. We have a huge number of suppliers of interconnected equipment, so linking the synchronization of actions between them is quite difficult. However, we are constantly in direct contact with our manufacturers and promptly respond to emergency situations, if any. This allows for faster deliveries. Of course, there is a system of fines and penalties, but their amounts are not more than three percent. This is a relatively small amount. I believe that fines should be large, so that the executors have increased responsibility for fulfilling contractual obligations in the framework of the state defense order.
- How do you catch up when the supplying companies fail?
- We are moving to round-the-clock three-shift work.
- What ships will be delivered this year?
- This year we have handed over the small rocket ship Pr. 21631 Vyshny Volochek (developed by Zelenodolsk PKB JSC). In June in Sevastopol, I personally participated in the ceremony of raising the flag of St. Andrew on this ship.
Small rocket ships of the project 21631 are multi-purpose ships of the “river-sea” class, equipped with the most modern models of artillery, rocket, anti-sabotage, anti-aircraft and radio engineering weapons. To date, the plant has handed over to the state customer six ships of this project, which are currently performing assigned tasks in their regions and, according to military sailors, confirm their viability. Also passed the next boat of special purpose of the project. 21980 "Rook".
Until the end of this year, we plan to hand over three more ships to the state customer: a small rocket ship of the project 21631 Orekhovo-Zuyevo, two patrol ships of the project 22160 Vasily Bykov and Dmitry Rogachev.
I think that the transfer of the lead patrol ship of the project 22160 (developed by JSC “North Design Bureau”, the city of St. Petersburg). will be a notable event for the industry. These are unique ships, currently unparalleled in Russia, built on a modular basis, which allows you to change equipment and weapons depending on the upcoming task. In addition, we are preparing to surrender the second ship of this project "Dmitry Rogachev" over the plan. According to the contract with the Ministry of Defense, we have to pass it next year, but, honor and praise to our labor collective, “pulled out” it ahead of time. We have prepared it and we want, in any case, to try to pass in the same year.
- Alexander Nikolayevich, the information that your enterprise was contracted until 2023 sounded more than once. What projects are of strategic importance for the enterprise?
- Each project is of strategic importance for us. We plan to continue the construction of small rocket ships of the project 21631, border guard patrol ships of the project 22100, patrol ships of the project 22160, special purpose boats pr. 21980, cable vessels pr.15310, small rocket ships pr. 22800.
- Recently, a presidential decree was issued on transferring shares of ZPKB and your company to the ownership of RT. With the accession of ZPKB, will new projects appear in the company's portfolio?
- In Europe and Asia, every shipyard has its own design bureau. This is a big plus. Zelenodolsk Design Bureau has proved a high level of its work, and I believe that in its power it is not inferior to the Almaz Central Design Bureau, Northern PKB, Vympel Design Bureau, Maritime Design and AgatDesign Bureau, with whom we are working.
Today, the development dynamics of the shipbuilding industry has a pronounced growth trend. The civil fleet renewal is one of the strategically important tasks set by the state for the enterprises of the shipbuilding industry. Therefore, of course, the country has a need for new projects.
Zelenodolsk plant named after AM. Gorky - the only shipbuilding plant in modern history, which has mastered the serial construction of high-speed passenger ships and keeps the bar of leadership to the present. The A145 vessels built by the plant (developed by Agat Design Bureau (St. Petersburg) are successfully operated in Yakutia, in the Krasnoyarsk Territory, in the Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous District.
In the current year, we laid two river pleasure-excursion vessels of projects 03620 and 03621, which were developed by the Zelenodolsk PKB. These vessels are diesel ships, have a modern exterior and interior design and meet the latest requirements of comfort and safety of transportation.
Our production facilities allow us to build ships and vessels of various classes and purposes. We welcome innovation.
- This year your company took part in two large military exhibitions - the International Military-Technical Forum "Army-2018" and the International Far Eastern Sea Salon-where the capabilities of the Russian Navy were demonstrated. What do they remember?
- Participation in these exhibitions allowed us to negotiate with potential customers. Present new plant designs and modern ship designs.
As for the Army-2018 forum, here the main event for the company was the signing of the State contract for maintenance, technical supervision during operation with docking of ships and boats of projects 21630, 21631, 21980, 22160 from the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation. It is worth noting that we are newcomers in the field of ship servicing, we have been working in this direction for the whole third year. However, we have a number of advantages, the most important of which is that we undertake to maintain the ship for its entire life cycle.
- How do you assess the demand for your products from the states of Southeast Asia? What kind of ships do they need?
- Today, foreign customers want to have modern weapons: more accurate and powerful. And our plant, as I have already said, is constantly working with project bureaus on improving the combat qualities of projects, and is searching for the most promising developments of the domestic military-industrial complex. New ships are being installed on ships under construction (Caliber, Pantsir, innovative anti-submarine weapons), which makes them more effective and efficient.
If there is interest in the foreign customer and there are orders, we are ready to build ships for export.
- How is the project of building civil ships - river ships?
- For the near future, we have identified priority areas for development: first of all, this is the construction of pleasure craft projects 03620 and 03621, gliding-type vessels, in particular, high-speed passenger ships based on the A145 project, displacement passenger ships, as well as the construction of self-propelled and non-self-propelled cargo fleet, construction of fishing vessels and technical fleet vessels.
By 2022, we plan to increase the volume of civilian products to 50 percent of the total portfolio of orders.
- Zelenodolsk plant named after AM. Gorky is one of the oldest shipbuilding enterprises in the country. How is its modernization going?
- In this question we follow the simple principle - step by step. The program of phased technical re-equipment and modernization of production started in 2011. Since then, we have invested in the renovation of the enterprise about 5.6 billion rubles. Maybe for someone it is a small amount, but for our plant it is significant. Every year we are trying to modernize one production hall. We have updated everything that is necessary for shipbuilding as a matter of priority. So, they updated the line of primary metal cutting, the line of water-jet cutting, the assembly of flat sections and micropanels.
During this time, a large amount of work was carried out to modernize the body of the procurement and metallurgical industries, put into operation modern equipment of leading world manufacturers. Modernized shop things, marine engineering. In February of this year, the pipe mill shop was opened after repair, where the CNC tube-bending equipment and an optical measuring system were installed.
Now we are engaged in the modernization of the titanium casting shop. This unique production was launched in 1967. Work began with the site for the production of casting models. We plan to install modern CNC woodworking centers, replace outdated equipment, and carry out complex works related to infrastructure. The second stage will be the modernization of the main production of the titanium casting plant. The whole program is designed for 3 years, and the work is carried out without stopping the existing production.
- Young personnel - a pledge of the future enterprise. How do you attract young professionals? What social programs contribute to their consolidation in the enterprise?
- Today the plant is developing and demonstrating high performance. We have orders until 2023 and have confidence in the future, so young people come to us to work. It should be noted that young specialists come from the nearest cities of Tatarstan and even from other regions. This was achieved largely due to the conditions created for young people. A young specialist who comes from another city receives departmental housing, a lifting allowance of 30,000 rubles and a salary of at least 20,000. Also, in the Dolphin sanatorium, the employees relax on preferential terms and play sports at Avangard Sports Complex "And get the prospect of obtaining housing in the residential complex" Red Metalist ".
In the factory program of staffing clearly defined ways to solve problems in the recruitment of qualified personnel, among them - cooperation with higher and secondary educational institutions, specialized schools and institutions.
The plant interacts with higher educational institutions of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Tajikistan in such areas as:
raising the educational level of employees
carrying out industrial, technological and pre-diploma practice of students: secondary vocational education, higher professional education
In 2012—2016 By the decision of the Ministry of Labor, Employment and Social Protection of the Republic of Tatarstan, a state order was approved for the training of professional personnel on the basis of the Zelenodolsk Mechanical College, in the profession shipbuilder-ship repairman of metal ships.
Theoretical training is conducted in specialized training classes of the Training Training Center (“Shipbuilding” and “Metal cutting”).
Educational practice of students is carried out in the training workshops (assembly plant) of the factory Training Center for training.
Work practice - in the workplace in the production shops of the plant.
A valuable forge of personnel for the plant is the Kazan National Research Technical University named after A.N. Tupolev - KAI. On the basis of this university, shipbuilders, ocean engineers, designers and technologists are trained. The same purpose is served by the KNRTU-KAI Shipbuilding Center opened in 2013. Students have practical and pre-diploma practice at the plant.