Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+33
KomissarBojanchev
Firebird
Odin of Ossetia
Hole
ali.a.r
PapaDragon
TheArmenian
KiloGolf
miketheterrible
George1
JohninMK
KoTeMoRe
OminousSpudd
Godric
Viktor
Neutrality
jhelb
GarryB
zepia
Cyberspec
sepheronx
flamming_python
max steel
Kimppis
Werewolf
collegeboy16
magnumcromagnon
Vann7
Karl Haushofer
whir
AirCargo
Mike E
Regular
37 posters

FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

Post  Guest Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:03 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:
    max steel wrote:
    Let me correct you : usa isnt the only country when it comes to natural resource russia is ofcourse  leads in it.
    True, but Russia's climate is lot worse and Russia lacks warm water ports. And the US makes a better use of its resources than Russia (as it refines them locally instead of exporting them as raw materials).

max steel wrote:
    And usa is NOT best aggricultural land in world .
    It is the biggest agricultural power in the world.

max steel wrote:
    Stealing best brains ? NOT necessarily . Yes that is America Secret Weapon .
    Basically "everyone" wants to go to America. Scientists. Athletes. Businessmen. Even Russians.

Yes, and I pretty much hate America. They have it "too good" when you look at what they do to rest of the world.

EDIT: I understand that most of the people in this forum also live in America or in Canada. You made a choice to move there.

Man your full of shit.

Russia is one of the largest metallurgical countries in the world. What do you think companies like Norlisk Nickel and the likes actually do? Where do you think they get composit materials from?

Many of us are people of various generations living in Canada or west. Not like we had a choice.
    I don't regard Russia as a "banana republic" but overall its economy is quite a much behind the United States. The US gdp is of course inflated (due to dollar's position as the world reserve currency) but they do also have a gigantic real production and real economy. And their good climate and shorter distances between population centers makes it easier for them to maintain this gigantic economy.

May surprise you to know that I live in Russia. Not only that, but that I also emigrated here (or repatriated) from the West.
    Been living here 5 years now, quite content really.

You're right that Russia has a long way to go, but it's not as bleak as you make it sound.
    Something must be attracting people to come, and for those already here - to stay, because it's the 2nd most immigrated to country in the world, and because according to the most recent survey, some 81% of Russians have no plans of leaving the country to work abroad.
    I would like to provide a different point of view. I live in the States and I visit Russia for a month every summer. From what I saw things were great in the US until the financial collapse of 2008. Many people's lives went downhill in one way or another and there is a feeling still that the US hasn't come out of recession despite the economic indicators saying it has. The general outlook on things is not what it was before the recession. Things are getting better, but it is happening at a very slow pace.

I visit Russia every summer for about a month and from what I can tell, things are a lot different. I remember visiting back in 2001 and everything seemed grey and depressed. Since then, life has improved by leaps and bounds even in places outside of Moscow and Piter like Nizhniy. I have some friends who were born in the 90's and they are grew up in a completely different environment than what my 3 year old cousin is growing up through. Despite a economic slowdown, I am confident that Russia will continue to improve and grow.
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:25 pm

Well actually 2008 was the tip of the iceberg movement for usa economy . Things have not changed yet and what usa govt is doing right now is applying bandages to the already broken economy . They are not improving it . They are just left with option of Quant Easing . Its effects are terrible . There are many things i can discuss in detail but not now .
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:32 am

Guys... FIFA thread... not who has the best economy...
    collegeboy16
    collegeboy16

Post  collegeboy16 Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:55 am

who gives a fck about soccer anyway- basketball is the sh!t. Razz
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:41 am

collegeboy16 wrote:who gives a fck about soccer anyway- basketball is the sh!t. Razz

well fifa world cup is the biggest competition after olympic games, and it is the first time Russia organizes it
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:21 pm

Basketball?

I don't watch sport very much at all, but I despise Basketball, and Netball... I used to watch Soccer but all that diving just put me right off watching it... hilarious that someone pretending to be injured and getting a penalty and even an opponent sent off is considered OK but handball into the net as a goal is not OK... both are cheating in my opinion...
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:22 pm

GarryB wrote:Basketball?

I don't watch sport very much at all, but I despise Basketball, and Netball... I used to watch Soccer but all that diving just put me right off watching it... hilarious that someone pretending to be injured and getting a penalty and even an opponent sent off is considered OK but handball into the net as a goal is not OK... both are cheating in my opinion...

btw in russia even volleyball is more popular than basketball
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:03 pm

Icehockey and Dodgeball the only true sports where no pussies are allowed to play unfair.

Who ever watches football will see players with more and bigger balls at women soccer than in male soccer. They are only pretending to be injured so the opponent team gets yellow or red card, while at women soccer if one dares to slap another it means war, they do not stand down.

However nothing is more fun than dodgeball.
    Kimppis
    Kimppis

Post  Kimppis Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:50 pm

FIFA World Cup is EPIC. Greatest show on Earth. I watched all the matches during both 2010 and 2014 World Cups and I'm going to do it again in 2018 if I can. And Russia deserves to host the competition, because they are doing it for the first time, USSR included. Can't wait!  

And ffs, it's football!!!

(Off-topic: I just read from wiki that Ukraine planned to bid for the 2024 Olympics back in 2012. lol1 No offence to Ukrainians or anything, but man... At this rate Malawi would be a better choice. )
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:36 pm

Garry loves Rugby !! What a Face
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:55 pm

FBI now announced that they will investigate the Russian and Qatar bids

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/03/us-soccer-fifa-idUSKBN0OI22P20150603

If this doesn't open peoples eyes I don't know what will
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:09 pm

flamming_python wrote:FBI now announced that they will investigate the Russian and Qatar bids

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/03/us-soccer-fifa-idUSKBN0OI22P20150603

If this doesn't open peoples eyes I don't know what will

Not in Europe it wont. Because they tow whatever line the US states. Qatar will probably keep the bid but not Russia.

Oh well. At least Russia could use those stadiums to attract other events and do an alternative to FIFA.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:41 am

I don't think they will cancel the 2018 cup, because for one, it's probably too late to change hosts. I also doubt they will have enough votes within FIFA to make such a change. It's just a media smear campaign IMO.

Personally, I think it's a waste of money to host the world cup in the current environment
    zepia
    zepia

Post  zepia Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:55 am

Cyberspec wrote:I don't think they will cancel the 2018 cup, because for one, it's probably too late to change hosts. I also doubt they will have enough votes within FIFA to make such a change. It's just a media smear campaign IMO.

Personally, I think it's a waste of money to host the world cup in the current environment

Not waste if they can did it as good as last year Sochi.

Sport events, especially big ones, will boost up travel industry and also build the new image of the country. Which are two things Russia need.
    Many part of the world still think Russia=Evil Commie Soviet (include the part I living in). This kind of event could fix that.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:04 am

zepia wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:I don't think they will cancel the 2018 cup, because for one, it's probably too late to change hosts. I also doubt they will have enough votes within FIFA to make such a change. It's just a media smear campaign IMO.

Not waste if they can did it as good as last year Sochi.

Sport events, especially big ones, will boost up travel industry and also build the new image of the country. Which are two things Russia need.
    Many part of the world still think Russia=Evil Commie Soviet (include the part I living in). This kind of event could fix that.

The biggest travelers to Russia is Chinese and domestic tourists. At this point, it aint going to change. Maybe indian tourists will increase as well. Europeans and US will be left out because of politics.

I hate my government..... I would love for cheap and fast travel to Crimea.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:13 am

The biggest travelers to Russia is Chinese and domestic tourists. At this point, it aint going to change. Maybe indian tourists will increase as well. Europeans and US will be left out because of politics.

But that is the point... holding a major soccer tournament means people who would normally never even consider travelling to Russia will have to go if they want to see the games. Once they are there they will find that the stuff they see on TV about Russia is largely western media BS and they will go home with a completely different view of Russia than they likely had when they first went... they can tell friends and family that it was not the worst place they have been and people thinking of going for other reasons might decide to go when otherwise they would not even consider it.

And no, I don't watch much sport at all and could not even tell you the positions in rugby, let alone how the game is played...
    jhelb
    jhelb

Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 - Page 3 Empty What are Russia's options if the 2018 FIFA world cup is shifted to UK?

Post  jhelb Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:22 am

As we all know that the UK along with the US has been successful in removing Sepp Blatter from the position of FIFA president and are now in the process of shifting the 2018 FIFA world cup to the UK.

If the 2018 FIFA World Cup is indeed shifted out of Russia, what are the options that Russia has to punish the US,UK and it's allies?
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:28 am

jhelb wrote:As we all know that the UK along with the US has been successful in removing Sepp Blatter from the position of FIFA president and are now in the process of shifting the 2018 FIFA world cup to the UK.

If the 2018 FIFA World Cup is indeed shifted out of Russia, what are the options that Russia has to punish the US,UK and it's allies?

i dont think that they have time for this, we are in the middle of 2015, no country has the time to prepare the stadiums needed for a world cup in 2-2,5 years. And regarding USA they had bid and their protest was against Qatar selection for 2022. 2022 was the center of controversy
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:34 am

London Olympics 2012 was such a fiasco . Indian atheletes were not happy with the living rooms .

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olympics/news/london-2012-indian-athletes-bemoan-living-conditions-in-olympics-athletes-village-7973260.html
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:48 am

If they take away Russia's WC in 2018 and cancel it, there will be an international protest. If the US want to damage their reputation for good and I'm talking real damage then they should definitely do it. If you think you have seen everything with batshit insane Ukrainian nationalists then you haven't seen football hooligans/fanatics yet. Qatar is in 2022 so that's still far away, they have more time to find a replacement for them than for Russia.
    jhelb
    jhelb

Location : Previously: Belarus Currently: A Small Island No One Cares About

Post  jhelb Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:48 am

George1 wrote:i dont think that they have time for this, we are in the middle of 2015, no country has the time to prepare the stadiums needed for a world cup in 2-2,5 years. And regarding USA they had bid and their protest was against Qatar selection for 2022. 2022 was the center of controversy

The UK is trying it's best to host the 2018 world cup and even if their preparation is ordinary no European country will oppose it.

So there is a real danger of the FIFA 2018 world cup moving to the UK.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:30 pm

Nice thumbsup

FIFA committee rules not to relocate 2018 World Cup from Russia — FIFA ex-vice president
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:31 pm

jhelb wrote:As we all know that the UK along with the US has been successful in removing Sepp Blatter from the position of FIFA president and are now in the process of shifting the 2018 FIFA world cup to the UK.

they can't shift it to the "UK" .... if they try to shift it anywhere it will be to "England" they are the ones constantly claiming the world cup should be in England again
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:01 pm

Hahahaha... they have agreed not to shift it from Russia, but they have not said anything about the 2022 games... sounds like the US is going to get the reward for cleaning out FIFA...  Hopefully the boycott is complete and only the English and US turn up... might be Englands best chance for a win these days...
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:46 pm

The cleaning was good IMHO. But it was politicized. Too bad it was US that had to do it as Europe has no balls at all.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:08 am