Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Russian Medical Development: News

Hole
    Hole

Russian Medical Development: News - Page 5 Empty Re: Russian Medical Development: News

Post  Hole on Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:47 am

The west will declare most or all vaccines made in other countries to be unsafe or useless. They will keep up travel warnings for those countries and people coming from there will be forced to quarantines or buy a shot from the good western vaccines for some money.
    kvs
    kvs

Russian Medical Development: News - Page 5 Empty Re: Russian Medical Development: News

Post  kvs on Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:36 pm

GarryB wrote:
    kvs, do you consider Phase 3 trials to be unnecessary? It is my impression that in the field of life saving drugs (i.e. cancer treatments) they just prolong the time for a drug to enter the market by 5 years.

It is a catch 22 situation... there are lots of drugs that are developed that seem safe and effective. Thalidomide was a very good drug that did exactly what it was supposed to do... the problem was that it was used to treat depression and did some terrible things to the unborn children of women if they were pregnant when they took that drug. This was a problem because not every woman knows whether they are pregnant when they start taking that drug.

If you made a rule that thalidomide could only be prescribed for men it would be fine.

The reverse is true too however where drugs that could save many lives are held up because they need to be thoroughly tested to make sure they work and have no dangerous side effects and lots of people can die because the companies are afraid of being sued and are just covering their asses.

I would think the best solution is emergency use... someone who is going to die if they don't get the drug tested or not should be allowed to join the testing and see if it can save them... sign a waver so they can't sue if it makes them infertile or gay or something... I think if I were dying I would be happy to try it and sign anything you like.

The Sputnik V vaccine showed very good early results and has been peer reviewed and made from solid reliable methods that have worked well in the past so after two trials they registered it as an option for those who want to take the risk can try it.

In this case with a world wide pandemic providing enough samples becomes the problem so access is the real issue here.

But I am sure politics will be involved as well...

Phase III trials are a total canard:

1) Russia and others were planning to and are conducting Phase III trials. The insinuation that they did not care about doing this is utter BS.

2) Clearly Phase I and II trials are considered acceptable to determine both safety and efficacy. Internet "experts" pushing agenda driven narratives
    are in no position to declare that only Phase III trials matter.

Trying to make this all about Phase III trials and whether I or others "believe in them" is defamatory propaganda.

GarryB likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs on Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:39 pm

Hole wrote:The west will declare most or all vaccines made in other countries to be unsafe or useless. They will keep up travel warnings for those countries and people coming from there will be forced to quarantines or buy a shot from the good western vaccines for some money.

I agree. The average western media consumer sheep does not have the ability to think for itself.

I would take the research institute culture of Russian vaccine development over the corporate money grubber culture rampant in Big Pharma any day.
    And Russia is not interested in "making a buck" out of its vaccine. The only thing that matters is whether it does the job in Russia.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:20 am