Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+89
teh_beard
lancelot
Navy fanboy
Airbornewolf
Scorpius
lyle6
ALAMO
Kiko
higurashihougi
slasher
Arrow
calripson
Backman
franco
KoTeMoRe
PhSt
RTN
Big_Gazza
Rodion_Romanovic
Hole
Godric
jhelb
southpark
PapaDragon
LMFS
The-thing-next-door
GarryB
MiamiMachineShop
nomadski
kvs
Isos
Aristide
Nibiru
miketheterrible
Project Canada
andalusia
berhoum
PeterSwe
Vann7
marcinko
ExBeobachter1987
Odin of Ossetia
Walther von Oldenburg
Rodinazombie
jka
Karl Haushofer
Dima
type055
partizan
Manov
par far
AlfaT8
Mike E
Hannibal Barca
George1
Asf
Morpheus Eberhardt
Behrooz
mutantsushi
collegeboy16
macedonian
DostoevskyRasputin
Lombard
magnumcromagnon
Indian Flanker
Ice Man
Pyrrus
Admin
Firebird
NationalRus
BTRfan
Rpg type 7v
Werewolf
KomissarBojanchev
Serbia Forever
ahmedfire
TR1
sepheronx
Regular
As Sa'iqa
Viktor
Sujoy
Austin
ricky123
msaabneh
TheArmenian
flamming_python
lulldapull
ali.a.r
93 posters

Russia's enemy countries

Sprut-B
    Sprut-B

Russia's enemy countries - Page 28 Empty Re: Russia's enemy countries

Post  Sprut-B Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:18 pm

Russians can visit the Himalayas anytime as a substitute for the Alps. It's bigger than the Alps, with variation in climate+landscape as you go from the North to the East.

kvs likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:47 pm

No no no the Himalayas just won't do for showing off on Instagram to your liberal buddies and winning and dining with the money'd European class making idle chat about how much you hate Putin and the backward autocracy he's built. You take your BMW and drive down to a restaurant and flaunt a little bit of bling in the evenings too.

Who are you going to flex in front of in the Himalayas, the Sherpas? scratch

GarryB, kvs, ALAMO, Sprut-B and Broski like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:36 pm

Bullseye Laughing
    Who the fuk knows a single name of Himalayan resort?!?
    Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Bad Tolz, Livigno, Sankt Moritz ... Sounds liberal and democratic with every single letter. Instagram proof Laughing

GarryB, flamming_python, kvs, Sprut-B and Broski like this post

Sprut-B
    Sprut-B

Post  Sprut-B Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:30 pm

So the Russian liberals are basically those who blindly worship the West and despise anything related to the East. It doesn't sound very liberal to me, but I agree that they'll never acknowledge the beautiful places and cultures of the East.

This is what a Himalayan resort in India looks like. It's very comfy, less expensive, and no less beautiful than the Swiss Alps.

GarryB, flamming_python and kvs like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:06 pm

Sprut-B wrote:So the Russian liberals are basically those who blindly worship the West and despise anything related to the East. It doesn't sound very liberal to me, but I agree that they'll never acknowledge the beautiful places and cultures of the East.

This is what a Himalayan resort in India looks like. It's very comfy, less expensive, and no less beautiful than the Swiss Alps.

Well exactly.

Although I will say that with these fellows it's a trend

Dubai has become popular, so they just as readily go now to Dubai.

If you make the Himalayas popular with European well-off tourists the Russian liberals will suddenly discover an interest for it too.

They operate based on fashions although this is not a criticism of course that's exclusive to them.

GarryB, kvs and Sprut-B like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:21 pm

Sort of.
    Those places are there to show off.
    You just have these places in old Europe that are simply expensive, so showing there creates the perception of luxury.
    If you are skiing in St. Moritz, hell rich you obviously are!
    Doesn't matter that for a while, there is actually better infrastructure in Sochi. Who cares? Being in Sochi for skiing is not fancy.
    There is a fantastic place in Turkey called Kemer. What is great there, is that if you visit it at end of April you can ski in the mountains, take a ropeway down to the sea and just swim in it.
    Ropeway's end stop is about 300m from the beach.
    Who gives a shit, if hardly anyone knows the name??
    How to impress your buddies on Facebook?
    You have been to Kemer? Oh ... my condolence.
    Plus with all do respect bro, I have just lurked into something called "the most luxurious Kashmir ski resort" ...
    We talk a different worlds my friend.
    Wonders of the world is not good enough if not assisted.
    My friend has a cabin somewhere near Aspen/Colorado. His property is valued at 1/10 of the Aspen rates because located half an hour's drive further from the airport. So lazy the people really are.

GarryB, flamming_python, Rodion_Romanovic and Sprut-B like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:45 am

Gonzalo Lyra is out of a Banderite gaol and is looking to GTFO of that benighted nazi sh!thole.  Good to see him still breathing, but apparently he has been roughed up quite badly while in the slammer.

https://www.rt.com/news/580645-gonzalo-lira-ukraine-torture/

GarryB, franco, flamming_python, kvs, Rodion_Romanovic, Sprut-B, Hole and Broski like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:51 am

He should thank the fact that he is a foreigner for the Banderites deciding to teach him a lesson and then throw him out, as opposed to a more permanent solution.

GarryB, Big_Gazza and kvs like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:55 am

He is an US citizen, so I guess it is the only thing that kept him alive. Too much noise would arise.
    Some others didn't have so much luck, in this democratic and LGBTXYZ friendly place ...

GarryB, kvs, Sprut-B, Hole and Broski like this post

higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:58 am

Sprut-B wrote:So the Russian liberals are basically those who blindly worship the West and despise anything related to the East.

flamming_python wrote:Although I will say that with these fellows it's a trend

Dubai has become popular, so they just as readily go now to Dubai.

If you make the Himalayas popular with European well-off tourists the Russian liberals will suddenly discover an interest for it too.

They operate based on fashions although this is not a criticism of course that's exclusive to them.

The ruling class or influential castes always want to impose their own lifestyles and "culture" (if that can be called as culture) as orthodox and anyone do not follow suits or are too poor to follow suits are treated as "barbarians", although the criterion to distiniguish between "civilized" and "barbarian" may have nothing to do with moral or spiritual superiority.

Well the fact is the the Western elites is still the dominant economic and political power in the world, therefore their point of view easily occupies the dominant position, although nowadays it is increasingly challenged by other people.

Just imagine huge line of fan-customers queueing for famous branded products whose use-value or exchange-value may have no superiority over other less well-known products.

So I believe Flaming Python is correct in the sense that it should not something to be criticized personally, because it is the natural consequences of a hierarchical society.

It is said that in the book "English Syntax" (if my knowledge is wrong feel free to correct me), C. L. Baker once said that the "standard American English" in many instances have nothing to do with technical or authentical superiority, but it is called "standard" because it is frequently used by wealthy and influential members of the society and for American middle-class, speaking "standard English" is merely an essential mean to maintain relationship with the social elites which is essential for their economic survival.

By the way some of my friends who experiences both Japanese "authentic" gundam models and Chinese "fake" models claimed that many Chinese "fake" models is actually superior both in quality and apperance. pirat pirat pirat pirat

GarryB likes this post

Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:44 am

ALAMO wrote:Sort of.
    Those places are there to show off.
    You just have these places in old Europe that are simply expensive, so showing there creates the perception of luxury.
    If you are skiing in St. Moritz, hell rich you obviously are!
    Doesn't matter that for a while, there is actually better infrastructure in Sochi. Who cares? Being in Sochi for skiing is not fancy.
    There is a fantastic place in Turkey called Kemer. What is great there, is that if you visit it at end of April you can ski in the mountains, take a ropeway down to the sea and just swim in it.
    Ropeway's end stop is about 300m from the beach.
    Who gives a shit, if hardly anyone knows the name??
    How to impress your buddies on Facebook?
    You have been to Kemer? Oh ... my condolence.
    Plus with all do respect bro, I have just lurked into something called "the most luxurious Kashmir ski resort" ...
    We talk a different worlds my friend.
    Wonders of the world is not good enough if not assisted.
    My friend has a cabin somewhere near Aspen/Colorado. His property is valued at 1/10 of the Aspen rates because located half an hour's drive further from the airport. So lazy the people really are.

Hi Alamo, is the skiresort near Kemer called Saklikent?
    It seems nice, but it is very small (only 10 km of slopes and they are not close to other ski resorts)

By the way Sochi the same is true.
    Unfortunately Sochi (and Russia in general) is not that practical for tourism from Europe nowadays.

For me the Alps are much more practical than going too far away, but one does not need to go only in the most expensive resorts. In Italy there are several smaller resorts with still acceptable prices.

I would go to swiss resorts only if I get a job in Swiss and it would be actually practical to go there
    With a German pay as engineer my wallet would bleed too much to go there.

I have skied once in Bakuriani (Georgia). The place is great, but the infrastructure are much worse than on the Alps (and sometimes even small resorts in Czech Republic are better managed).

ALAMO likes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:14 pm

Alps are in the middle of Europe, that's why are so convenient for anyone.
    Not to mention that when things calm down sooner or later, regular flights to let's say Milan or Munich will return either.
    There will be no serious alternative, developing ski resorts to match Alpian ones would require billions of investments.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:34 am

Seems the problem has been solved as the cruise liner company has taken Georgia off the schedule so Russian visitors wont darken Georgian ports any more from that company... I am sure the shop keepers and sales will appreciate their opposition parties efforts to reduce their income.

Watch the solidarity of European cruise companies flooding Georgia with tourists on their boats to compensate them for the loss... I am sure European tourists will be spending really big at this time in this economy.

flamming_python, kvs, Sprut-B, Hole and Broski like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:52 am

Vice prime minister of theirs has already responded in a way.
    In a TV expose he said that Russian tourists are bringing about 1 bln $ to the economy totaling 30 bln$, and lacking them would kill 20-30k work places on the spot. So maybe the protesters should reconsider a few things.
    But they are not being paid for reconsidering Laughing

GarryB, kvs, Sprut-B, Hole and Broski like this post

Sprut-B
    Sprut-B

Post  Sprut-B Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:54 pm

Why now? It's not like Norway was ever a friendly country to Russia. Besides, every NATO country except Greece and Hungary is an enemy of Russia and should be treated accordingly.

Hole and Broski like this post

Sprut-B
    Sprut-B

Post  Sprut-B Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:31 pm

What are the consequences of being listed as an enemy of Russia? I don't see Norway giving a damn about getting listed on the unfriendly country's list. Just labelling them unfriendly does nothing.
    There should be serious consequences for the leadership and the people of such countries.
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:07 pm

Sprut-B wrote:What are the consequences of being listed as an enemy of Russia? I don't see Norway giving a damn about getting listed on the unfriendly country's list. Just labelling them unfriendly does nothing.
    There should be serious consequences for the leadership and the people of such countries.

This type of weapon is much more media driven rather than practical.
    It can work on a different level - for example citizens of unfriendly states need to pay more for visas. Or won't get those. Or need to apply additional papers. Small border crossings can be terminated.
    But this works for a country that can dictate the terms - which Russia obviously isn't.
    They seriously lack propaganda, and can't sell their own advantages.
    It is not that Russia is not attractive - they are the biggest workforce importer in Europe. But they import from societies that give a shit about that. Vote with their wallets.
    When we used to have more or less normal relations, small border crossing was carried and both sides benefitted. And that was not politically accepted, as common people on both sides realized the truth coming out from propaganda shitstream. That there are just the same people out there - what an awful concept that had to be eradicated.

GarryB and Broski like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:13 am

Becoming an unfriendly country means you pay your bills to Russia and Russian companies in Rubles, and trade and relations just get harder... but generally to get on the list you have to have Russia already under sanction.

The ruling class or influential castes always want to impose their own lifestyles and "culture" (if that can be called as culture) as orthodox and anyone do not follow suits or are too poor to follow suits are treated as "barbarians", although the criterion to distiniguish between "civilized" and "barbarian" may have nothing to do with moral or spiritual superiority.

Actually I would say it is more a case that they do the things they do to show off their wealth to highlight that not everyone goes on a bit overseas holiday every year to exotic warm locations to rub shoulders with the rich and famous of the west, or well known landmarks.

Such people are not travellers or explorers... these are the fools very expensive shops sell very very expensive crap to and that is why they survive because most people who had to earn their money wouldn't even go into such shops except to laugh at the ridiculous prices.

kvs likes this post

andalusia

Post  andalusia Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:31 pm

This is interesting:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/04/us/politics/us-navy-ships.html
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:07 am

Turdope applauding Ukr SS maggot.

GarryB, flamming_python, Sprut-B and Broski like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:13 am

This is interesting:

They want my credit card details before they will let me read the article...

Turdope applauding Ukr SS maggot.

Which shows him to either be ignorant because he does not understand what he is doing, or a monster who does and will display evil anyway.

kvs likes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:57 am

Today is a day where they are trying to debunk the case, one by one.
    They were not aware of the issue.
    It is actually funny, as it seems two nazi ideologies clashed, the one being represented by Ukro nazi descendants, the other being Jewish.
    No matter who will win it, it is fun to watch.

The Speaker of the Canadian House of Commons issues an apology for acknowledging a veteran who fought for the Nazis.

Anthony Rota in a statement took responsibility for what was characterized as an oversight, calling the initiative "entirely my own."

"I have subsequently become aware of more information which causes me to regret my decision," he said, adding his "deepest apologies" to Jewish communities.

Laughing

Edit : not sure where to put that dunno scratch

But it is Lavrov being busy being isolated lol!

GarryB, franco, flamming_python, kvs, Sprut-B and Hole like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:03 am

But it is Lavrov being busy being isolated
    The Keith Richards of Diplomacy.
    Russia's enemy countries - Page 28 R29
    Cool

GarryB, kvs and Sprut-B like this post

Sprut-B
    Sprut-B

Post  Sprut-B Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:49 pm

GarryB, flamming_python and kvs like this post

Sprut-B
    Sprut-B

Post  Sprut-B Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:23 pm

It might be a good idea for Russian people to consider leaving these shithole countries with Nazi ideologies before it's too late. Saint Petersburg isn't far away.

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, kvs, lancelot and Broski like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:16 pm