Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+57
Rodion_Romanovic
Hole
nero
Vann7
Walther von Oldenburg
Tingsay
BKP
Isos
SeigSoloyvov
Tsavo Lion
Airbornewolf
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
medo
franco
Stealthflanker
mnztr
dino00
Godric
ATLASCUB
LMFS
Regular
AlfaT8
littlerabbit
OminousSpudd
Arrow
crod
Admin
PapaDragon
kvs
slasher
Visc
starman
KiloGolf
nomadski
calm
d_taddei2
Big_Gazza
A Different Voice
GarryB
JohninMK
KoTeMoRe
George1
eehnie
0nillie0
ultimatewarrior
miketheterrible
magnumcromagnon
TheArmenian
archangelski
flamming_python
Karl Haushofer
HUNTER VZLA
Cyberspec
auslander
par far
Mindstorm
Austin
61 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

Vann7

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 14 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

Post  Vann7 Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:01 am

Tsavo Lion wrote:Nuking Israel will produce radioactive clouds that can move with prevailing winds towards Syria, Iraq, Turkey & Iran. It will also give US an excuse to nuke Iran. Conventional Kalibrs & other ALCMs will be enough to teach them a lesson.

They can do that.. but Americans nuking IRAN will not damage Russia operations in Syria or its security..  it will only damage IRAN but will not destroy the country ..in terms of its existence.. it will only unite Iranians behind their fanatical government.

In the other side.. Russia nuking Israel even a tactical small one ,will have a big chance to stop the Israel raids on Syria and will stop Israel provocations and attacks on Russia..it will teach them to Respect Russia. . They know they can't win in a nuclear interchange versus Russia..  In fact there is a small chance , a 5% one , that Russia could have plans.. that if Israel nuke Syria.. that Russia retaliates with a nuke and with a major invasion.. it will be dangerous to leave enemies behind with capability to continue fighting..
    GarryB
    GarryB

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 14 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13

Post  GarryB Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:04 am

Do Teheran's missiles really have sufficient accuracy for that?

Previous videos of Iranian ballistic missiles seem to have rather good accuracy... ie hit a small building accuracy, but not quite hit a specific car accuracy... which is actually plenty to seriously damage a nuclear power plant.

Russia wont nuke anyone...

Syrian air defences will be boosted and Israeli aircraft that threaten will be radioed to leave or stand down... Shooting down Israeli planes will not bring anyone back and acting like a crazy country (like Israel) will not solve the problem.

Forcing crazy countries to behave like a civilised country is the goal to ensure better safety for Russian soldiers in the region.

Simply moving S-300s to Syria would allow Syrian Air Defences to shoot down Israeli planes as they take off in Israel, so the threat could be to supply Syria with S-300s but keep them out of range of Israeli airspace as long as Israel behaves... if they want to play war with Iranian forces in Syria then the S-300s can be rapidly moved and the Israeli toys will either stay in the box or get broken.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:08 am

Actually, nuking Iran will remove its oil from the market that China, India & Japan buys, thus affecting the world economy & raising oil prices through the roof. It will boomerang on the US but also on Russia & convince NK to keep its nukes.
    How will the US, UK & France react to RF nuking Israel? Japan & then SK & Taiwan may decide to go nuclear.
    Russia can use Granit LACMs & a naval blockade with the same devastating affect w/o any radiation released, unless they strike their nukes &/ other nuclear sites.
    dino00
    dino00

Post  dino00 Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:16 am

Russia within two weeks will give Syria a complex S-300

According to Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, the SAM will significantly strengthen the combat capabilities of the Syrian air defense system attack santa

More:
    https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/5597034
    LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:05 pm

Plus suppression of coms & radar in Mediterranean coast and improved command equipment for Syrian AD to avoid friendly fire and even get targeting info from Russian radars... Israeli supremacists' skull is thick but this may help get the message through. They have so much to lose and so little to win, but still Lieberman says they will continue attacking Syria, curious to see how they try not to lose face now.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:25 pm

I'm surprised none of you noticed the large numbers of Russian cargo air frames fluttering in and out of Syria for the last three days. I would aver that the S 300 is either in use as of today, or in process of being put in service. Game changer, for sure.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:32 pm

auslander wrote:I'm surprised none of you noticed the large numbers of Russian cargo air frames fluttering in and out of Syria for the last three days. I would aver that the S 300 is either in use as of today, or in process of being put in service. Game changer, for sure.
    Yup, noticed that. Also there is a rumour out there that the RuAF might not replace the Il-20 in Syria as skilled manpower is a bit scarce now that the 10ish person Intel team (probably the best in the RuAF all in one place as they were not viewed as being at risk) is gone. A huge loss. Mind you they probably don't need it until the next stage of the Idlib conflict anyway.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:07 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    auslander wrote:I'm surprised none of you noticed the large numbers of Russian cargo air frames fluttering in and out of Syria for the last three days. I would aver that the S 300 is either in use as of today, or in process of being put in service. Game changer, for sure.
    Yup, noticed that. Also there is a rumour out there that the RuAF might not replace the Il-20 in Syria as skilled manpower is a bit scarce now that the 10ish person Intel team (probably the best in the RuAF all in one place as they were not viewed as being at risk) is gone. A huge loss. Mind you they probably don't need it until the next stage of the Idlib conflict anyway.

They need something smaller. Many countries convert small falcons for ELINT. The il-20 job was to look for drone production and listen to mobile phones. For this No need to have a big bird that is supposed to be used against NATO.

Something like US rc 112 is znough and recquire less human work.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beechcraft_RC-12_Guardrail

ELINT il-112 would be nice for such roles.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:27 pm

Shoigu stated these three key points

"Command posts of the Syrian troops and military air defense units will be equipped with automatic control system, which have been supplied only to the Russian Armed Forces. This will ensure the centralized management of all Syrian air defense forces and facilities, monitoring of the situation in the airspace and prompt target designation. Most importantly, it will ensure identification of all Russian aircraft by the Syrian air defense forces,"

Russia will jam satellite navigation, on-board radars and communication systems of combat aircraft, which attack targets in the Syrian territory, in the regions over the waters of the Mediterranean Sea bordering with Syria,

We are convinced that the implementation of these measures will cool hotheads and prevent ill-considered actions threatening our servicemen. Otherwise we will have to respond in line with the current situation," Shoigu stated.

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201809241068279653-russia-syria-s-300/

Although Israeli official stated that they will continue to operate in syria. -----hmmmmmmm will see

And Turkey and turkish backed rebels will clear areas around the euphrates river.

All interesting news syria could get interesting
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:39 pm

A little commented on point on this new and developing situation is that there will now be another Russian defence system in Syria under testing in a war situation. The existing directly RuAF controlled S-300/400 systems not really being in that category.

As it is a member of the S-300/400 family this is a massive opportunity for a system with tremendous export potential to potentially become a proven under duress product with a new page in the sales brochure and an increased price!

As shown by the Israeli and US pressure to date not to deploy, this is something that the MIC in Washington and especially manufacturers of US SAMs, really, really did not want to happen. If a S-300 missile knocks a F-16 to the latest spec operated by probably the most highly trained AF in the World it will be a sales disaster as well as a massive hit against the confidence of Western militaries. Confirming in the worst possible way the fears already expressed by USAF Generals. I can't see any pilot volunteering to become the first to beat a S-300/400 missile! Plus I can't see the Syrians worrying about where in the range of their S-300 that they actually hit an IAF plane that has attacked them with a standoff device.

This situation I suspect will add to Israel's own reluctance to lose an aircraft the probable huge pressure from the US not to allow the S-300 to become proven in battle. But this in itself will add to it's reputation just by increasing it's deterrence factor. Almost win, win for Russia.

If I am correct then this is subtle revenge for Russia's 15 dead in the Il-20 served cold, really cold and targetted primarily at those in Israel and the US who will understand the significance of what has just happened. Right up Putin's street I'd say.

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:49 pm

JohninMK wrote:A little commented on point on this new and developing situation is that there will now be another Russian defence system in Syria under testing in a war situation. The existing directly RuAF controlled S-300/400 systems not really being in that category.

As it is a member of the S-300/400 family this is a massive opportunity for a system with tremendous export potential to potentially become a proven under duress product with a new page in the sales brochure and an increased price!

As shown by the Israeli and US pressure to date not to deploy, this is something that the MIC in Washington and especially manufacturers of US SAMs, really, really did not want to happen. If a S-300 missile knocks a F-16 to the latest spec operated by probably the most highly trained AF in the World it will be a sales disaster as well as a massive hit against the confidence of Western militaries. Confirming in the worst possible way the fears already expressed by USAF Generals. I can't see any pilot volunteering to become the first to beat a S-300/400 missile! Plus I can't see the Syrians worrying about where in the range of their S-300 that they actually hit an IAF plane that has attacked them with a standoff device.

This situation I suspect will add to Israel's own reluctance to lose an aircraft the probable huge pressure from the US not to allow the S-300 to become proven in battle. But this in itself will add to it's reputation just by increasing it's deterrence factor. Almost win, win for Russia.

If I am correct then this is subtle revenge for Russia's 15 dead in the Il-20 served cold, really cold and targetted primarily at those in Israel and the US who will understand the significance of what has just happened. Right up Putin's street I'd say.

Yeah, up Putin's street and up Bibi's you know what.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:24 pm

@JohninMK The opposite is also true. If israeli manage to destroy them in one operation like the one they did against syrian AD in Lebanon ( operation ?? Kriket or something like that I don't remember the name) the system will suffer a ver bad reputation. US will still fear anyway but you will see more pro-US members trash it hardly on forums.

If the syrian operates it I think this scenario is more probable than yours.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:16 pm

Isos wrote:@JohninMK The opposite is also true. If israeli manage to destroy them in one operation like the one they did against syrian AD in Lebanon ( operation ?? Kriket or something like that I don't remember the name) the system will suffer a ver bad reputation. US will still fear anyway but you will see more pro-US members trash it hardly on forums.

I agree with your comments but I somehow doubt, given the need for success, that the Syrians will have actual control of the system for quite a while if ever, particularly if it is a RuAF specification (as one might expect given the importance) system not export. Probably shipped on 'evaluation loan' basis. No doubt Turkey will be watching with interest.

However, this will definitely be labelled a SyAF system as soon as it is installed. As such Syria is likely to have complete control of the political fallout of any action but little technical control in it. Lots of SyAF operatives in the area, especially with the probable associated Pantsirs, but not actually in the front row in the control cabin.

If the situation arises and they hit an F-16 then Syria gets the glory and shit fallout whilst Russia smiles and gets its back slapped. If they miss its the fault of the undertrained SyAF not a S-300 failure.

Probably Smile
    ultimatewarrior
    ultimatewarrior

Post  ultimatewarrior Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:35 pm

Is Syria dares to bomb S-300 then Russia should give Iskander to Syria to bomb their air base.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:38 pm

Isos wrote:@JohninMK The opposite is also true. If israeli manage to destroy them in one operation like the one they did against syrian AD in Lebanon ( operation ?? Kriket or something like that I don't remember the name) the system will suffer a ver bad reputation. US will still fear anyway but you will see more pro-US members trash it hardly on forums.

Any system of defense can be defeated... you can always counter anything with anything else..
    And overwhelming air defenses.. is a very old tactic that will always work.. if the S-300s have 30 missiles...
    then firing 30+1 will do the job.. So this move of Russia will be expensive.. Because Russia will need to supply
    hundreds of S-300s long range.. and will need a ring of Pantsirs and Tors to target glide bombs or small slow flying drones.. it will also need electronic warfare very well syncroniced with the air defenses..so when one is on.. the other is off.. so they are not interrupted..   Also the best thing Russia can do for the S-300s. is to mount them on rails in a mini train ,constantly moving around any well defended military base. just like Syria do with their S -200s launchers..

So can s-300s be destroyed ? of course they can and so S-400s and S-500 and Iron dome can be defeated too and any defense they have,, including arrow and patriot missiles and even Standards missiles if deployed in ground. And Syria is the worse place in the world ,to deploy S-300s on the control of the Syrian army.. For the reason that Syria is a relative small nation and have enemy military bases near their cities.. So Americans 300km artillery in eastern of Syria can target them..  And Russia military base can also be defeated its defenses too..

SO when it comes to Syria , is not so much about what This or that air defense system can do..
    but more about What Russia rules of engagement will be if US and Israel start trying to target S-300s air defenses?
    Will Russia shutdown Israel planes over Israel airspace if they launch cruise misiles or drones towards Syria to target Syria defenses?  Will Russia bomb american base in the eastern Syrian desert..if they start  using their artillery systems deployed there  against Syria air defense positions?

SO the question of What S-300s can do in Syria.. is like the question of what a NATO experienced Sniper with state of the art sniper rifle can do ? and the answer is ... it depends on where he is.. If he snipe on the top of a building
    against Syrian army.. from a high building in damascus.. ,then after a few shots.. his position will be revealed
    and he will be ambushed... people will go after him and neutralize him..  So no matter how good is the S-300s..
    if The enemy can get close.. then it can be ambushed..

If Syrian Army controlled 100% of its territory and all its borders. and had several rings of Pantsirs and TORs around their S-300s, and the S-300s in motion all the time combined with Decoys and electronic warfare.. then it will be much more difficult and complex.. for NATO/Israel to defeat the S-300. But if Russia had a policy of zero Tolerance to anyone who bomb Syria ,and return fire at anyone for attacking Syria.. then it will be a totally new
    thing...   Long range Air defenses  like S-300 or S-400 or S-500 , like i have said before.. to really work at their 100% capabilities.. you need a territory that is ideal for it.. no mountains that the enemy can hide behind..

and be positioned in a place ,that is 200km or more away of the positions your enemy can reach safely ,because your rules allows it.. That way NATO or ISrael airforces will be limited to use obsolete subsonic cruise missiles and some easy to hack drones to target them..  So it will be very tough for Russia to defend Syria S-300s with air defenses alone.

The ideal way to operate S-300s.. will be with very strong position ,of zero tolerance for any attack...
    a policy of returning the fire to the launchers of any attacking missile.. if Israel fire its missiles from Telaviv airspace.. then use the S-300s to shutdown those planes...  if Israel or NATO use warships or submarines
    to strike S-300s.. then send an airforce or Submarines to strike enemy  naval forces attacking Syria..

So this is the major obstacle in Syria for the proper defense of its territory..Is Russia rules of engagement..
    had to be setup in away for zero tolerance to any nation attack on Syria.. and return fire and sink warships/submarines or planes attacking Syria.. So S-300s is only a support weapon.. is not designed to
    do it all..  when it comes to Syria , Russia will have no way to properly defend the S-300s ,unless creates a policy of zero tolerance for any israel attack on Syria.. and consider Fair targeting Israel military bases ,from where Israel attacking Airforce take off..  That ,will make a HUGE difference.. the Rules of combat..  If anyone saw the video
    released by the Russian MoD... 4 israeli planes were allowed to fly ~20km away of Russian military bases in LAtakkia and Tartus.. This is a huge security threat for any nation air defense... there will be so little time for any  air defenses in the world to respond .. if you allow your enemies to get very close to your base.

So to properly defend the S-300 and defend Syria in general..including Russia military base.. Russia will have to dramatically change their rules of combat ,their rules of engament.. if Russia wants 100% security , it will have to
    have 0% tolerance to Israel attacks on Syria.. and return the fire to any plane or warship or submarine or military base..  But that will mean a half step closer to a full scale war with NATO and Israel.. will Russia do that?

But if Russia wants still to have more flexibility and a more balanced policy ,that will not close the doors for
    relations with NATO and Israel.. (because it will be hard ,to have any dialogue ,if Russia bomb an Israel /American military base)  , Then What Russia can do.. is after deploying S-300 , provide the Syrian airforce. with 20-30 Mig-29Sm2,, to push away Israel airforce and or shoot down their planes when launch missiles.. This will force Israel to load less bombs in their planes ,and use many air to air missiles..and will force them to launch attacks from far away positions..and their supposed "precision" of their missiles ,will be zero..and will miss all the time if forced to launch missiles 200km away of their targets.glide bombs not even work at such distances.... Air defenses are not supposed to work alone.. Syria and Russia airforces ,will need to block NATO and Israel planes from positioning towards an attack to Syria.. and have combat rules ,that allows the destruction of any plane who fires missiles into Syria.. Thats.. what will provide Security to Russia and Syria.. a zero tolerance policy to israel attacks on Syria.

and if Russia dont want NATO to bomb Syria with cruise missile , then also will need to not allow NATO position in place for an attack.. and use their navy to threaten to sink their warships and do it  if attack again..

In summary 99% of the things Israel have achieved in Syria in bombing.. are only possible ,Because Russia allows Israel to get close and position for their attacks.. if you create a no fly zone for israel planes ,that extend 200km-300km beyond Syrian borders then their planes will not have a way to attack..   but creating such a zone ,will violate Israel own territorial airspace.. so defacto a declaration of war.. This is why i was saying territory is even more important than your Air defenses.. If SYria was located in Hawaii.. for example that is surrounded with water.. then over there Russia could create a no fly zone of 400km around Syria..and it will not violate the territory oof any nation..  So where you place the S-300s , is very important.. how far is from the positions the enemy is allowed to reach ,and what kind of Rules of Combat you allow. and if airforce will be used to interrupt the enemy and not allow them to even try an attack.. thats how Air defenses are supposed to be used.. With zero tolerance for any nation trying to attack them..and using every military equipment you have ,to push away the enemy from your borders and their combat range.

if Russia was at war with Israel.. then Russia could deploy enough S-300s and S-400s near israel border and used to declare a no fly zone over Israel.. and RUssian airforce will be bombing Israel military bases.and their air defenses... but eventually such actions will go into a nuclear interchange in no time.. one that Israel will horribly lose..

But as long there is no war between Russia and Israel+US.. both.... Israel and Americans can abuse of Russia rules of engagement ..They can for example wait NATO to launch 100 cruise missiles at Syria and then when the missiles stops firing , Israel can send drones to target Syrian military bases reloading missiles.. wait they did this already...
    Israel can also use Americans no fly zones in kurdish regions...and from there attack Syria or even Russia military base,, launching missiles just 30km away of Russia military bases..

So this is why the question of what S-300s can do or not ,could be meaningless ,if Russia allow Americans and Israel to play games , to fire at Syria without a response.. and worse to freely fly over Syrian airspace..
    and US coalition can do in the eastern part of Syria and in the northern part too.. Russia will have a near impossible mission to defend any place in Syria , that NATO choose to attack..because Russia policies allows them to get very close .IF Russia close the mediterranean waters to Israel near Syria.. they can attack from eastern Syria desert.. using the American military base controlled zone.. just ~50km away from Damascus.. or attack from North Aleppo/idlib that Russia dont control , just ~30km from Russia base.. So is an near impossible mission to properly defend any zone in Syria for Russia no matter which technology they move ,without a zero tolerance policy.. that kicks Israel and Americans from any safe zone in Syria and fire back at them ,if attack Syria..

Last edited by Vann7 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
    mnztr

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 14 Empty I guess we are gonna find out if S300 is myth or legend ...

Post  mnztr Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:41 pm

Now S300 will be operating against one of the most highly regarded air forces (Israel) plus USAF, France and Britain. Basically the creme de la creme of the Western alliance. Its gonna be very interesting to see how they operate. Will they try an keep them out? or will they lure them in and engage them on the way out? Russia may as well test their stuff out to see if a gap still exists. They can always keep developing stuff. There is no question that the kenetics and range of S3/4/5 are impressive, but targeting and countermeasures resistance will be the question.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:45 pm

mnztr wrote:Now S300 will be operating against one of the most highly regarded air forces (Israel) plus USAF, France and Britain. Basically the creme de la creme of the Western alliance. Its gonna be very interesting to see how they operate. Will they try an keep them out? or will they lure them in and engage them on the way out? Russia may as well test their stuff out to see if a gap still exists. They can always keep developing stuff. There is no question that the kenetics and range of S3/4/5 are impressive, but targeting and countermeasures resistance will be the question.

As far as one can tell, given Moscow's praise of the US Coalition/Russia deconfliction system, it is only targetting IAF aircraft as it is only the IAF who are still bombing SAA held areas.
    mnztr

Post  mnztr Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:55 pm

Honestly I think Russia somewhat enginneered this incident. (they are not less sneaky then the other side) The US and West were gearing up to pummel Syria if they attacked the Western funded terrorists in Idlib. So Russia had to do something to dramtcially increase the risk to them of conducting air operations. While Russia will NOT fire on western planes, they certainly will have NO PROBS with Syria firing on them with Russian supplied weapons. I suspect depending on how S300 affects Western air operations, the attack on Idlib will follow shortly after S300 deployment.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:15 pm

mnztr wrote:Honestly I think Russia somewhat enginneered this incident. (they are not less sneaky then the other side)...................

Whatever you are smoking, be advised if you do it in my little village, you will spend the better part of the next 20 years counting trees.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:30 pm

auslander wrote:
    mnztr wrote:Honestly I think Russia somewhat enginneered this incident. (they are not less sneaky then the other side)...................

Whatever you are smoking, be advised if you do it in my little village, you will spend the better part of the next 20 years counting trees.

Russian according yo their reaction, no.

Syrian, maybe...

But the israeli seem to lie about the incident so it's them for sure. Russian don't believe at all their version about f-16 being home when il-20 was destroyed.
    mnztr

Post  mnztr Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:33 pm

auslander wrote:

You don't think Mother Russia send 15 of its men to their deaths to politically justify arming the Syrians with S300? apparently you have spent the last 20 years counting the trees, thus you are so familiar with the outcome.
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:44 pm

USAF F-22 'Raptor' as captured trough electro-optical system OLS + TP of Su-35S of Russian Air Force over Syria.
    https://twitter.com/warsmonitoring/status/1044158257491849216
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 14 Dn2V8JGWkAIyTM8
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 14 Dn2V9I0XoAAFfuP
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #13 - Page 14 Dn2XXJzX0AAXytC
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:55 pm

mnztr wrote:Honestly I think Russia somewhat enginneered this incident. (they are not less sneaky then the other side) The US and West were gearing up to pummel Syria if they attacked the Western funded terrorists in Idlib. So Russia had to do something to dramtcially increase the risk to them of conducting air operations. While Russia will NOT fire on western planes, they certainly will have NO PROBS with Syria firing on them with Russian supplied weapons. I suspect depending on how S300 affects Western air operations, the attack on Idlib will follow shortly after S300 deployment.

LOL what are you smoking dude.. Russia killed their own soldiers and shot down their own plane? Laughing

And is not the S-300s ,what will make a difference in Syria or any other system in the world. .
    Only a major dramatic Change in Russia policy of ZERO tolerance and shoot back at any nation who
    attacks Syria will make the difference..  Remember dude that Russia have S-400s in Syria , in their bases
    and S-300s too.. but they are totally useless.. if they are not fired against NATO or Israel planes.. Understand this?

You can have a gun , no matter which one ,if you dont use it to protect yourself.. then anyone at any moment
    can defeat you..  So Syrian security problems is not consequences of not having S-300s... Russia have them in their bases.. Hello!!!!  Syria security problems is Russia allowing US and Israel to freely attack Syria and even fly over Syria territory,. So is a Political problem.. not a technology problem what Syria have.

So is not  "what S-300s can do"... since Russia have them since 2015.. in Syria.. but only used them for their own bases that are not attacked . is more about what hostile actions from Israel , Russia government will tolerate?
    If Israel is allowed to Try , and Try ,and fly over Syria airspace.. and they do it because they believe there will be no consequences for them..  So Israel and NATO will have ways to counter ANYTHING ,any system in the world of defense deployed in Syria.. as long Russia allows Americans or Israel freedom to attack without Russia firing back.. So the le creme of the creme argument is invalid .. technically speaking even Mexico could use world war 2 planes armed with a soviet missile and it can defeat S-300s if the planes allowed to fly very close to their air defenses.
    Israel is only exploiting /abusing of Russia rules of combat that allows Israel to bomb and escape.. without Russia firing back at them.. also exploiting that Russia allows israel to get very close to Russian military bases.. as their last video released by the Mod.. Israel airforce was freely allowed to fly in peace just 30km away from Syria coast.

So it will be next to impossible for Russia to protect any place in Syria ,with S-300s or S-400s . if Russia Rules of conduct in Syria ,allows Americans and Israel to get very very close without shooting down their planes..Russia will need to declare new rules ,forcing Both NATO and Israel out of Syria territory and warning that will use their Airforces to shot down any hostile planes ,armed with missiles to target Syria.. Russia will supposedly declared a no fly zone over Syrian coast.. but what about Northern Syria? Will Americans and Israel ,be allowed to continue flying
    over there ? just 30km away from Russia military bases? without a Solid Zero Tolerance policy ,and a full no fly zone for Israel and NATO over all Syria , and strong policy of retaliation at anyone that shoots.. then any system of air defense in Syria will be very vulnerable and in serious danger.. if Russia allows the enemy to get close to it.
    Why Israel was paranoid and furious  of Iranian army getting close to Golam Heights?  Because it will have allowed IRAN to get close to Israel military bases.. and with rocket artillery target Israel military bases..

So unless people understand this concept.. you dont allow enemies close to you at knife attack distance ,if you want to be safe.. then any discussion of what this System or air defense can do or not is pointless.. You allow enemies to fly close to any position ,then it will be easy for them to attack it. Russia will not remove Americans from Syria using force.. so this is something israel can also exploit and hit Syria from very close distances using NATO controlled zones..  So the defense of Syrian territory from NATO or Israel missiles attacks will be very complicated and difficult for Russia, if they don't create a full no fly zone all over Syria..and kick Americans from Syria and shoot at any of their planes or navies who shoot at syria.. Once you have a zero tolerance policy ,for hostilities against Syria.. then only then ,we could measure how effective S-300s can be.. taken down Israel planes
    at the distance they are supposed to do it.. if you are doing things right..at very long ranges..

In previous attack in Aleppo.. Israel airforce masked as NATO planes.. then hit Aleppo military bases and Run back ,covering behind NATO planes.. This is why israel can attack Syria.. because Russia Allows it.. allows NATO in Syria and give freedoms of movement to them..   Russia was allowing this crazy policies,, for economical reasons..
    it is very expensive to completely close and enforce a no fly zone in Syria.. Russia will need not only many s-300s to Syria , but also 30 to 50 combat planes ,only to enforce a no fly zone over Syria.. and lock on Israel airforce ,whenever they positioning to attack.. so they don't do it.. So Russia did the right thing...what they could do ,based on their budget and economy limitations.. create some limited defense of Syria ,upgrading their air defenses enough to allow the Syrian army to continue fighting and not too much , in having to declare war on NATO or Israel.. by allowing them some freedoms.. Now Russia is not fighting terrorist.. much.. so saves a lot of money in missiles..and flight operations, so they can focus now on Countering NATO and Israel.

Last edited by Vann7 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:37 pm; edited 4 times in total
    par far

Post  par far Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:02 pm

I don't think that SAA will be operating the S 300(it is like buying a very expensive car and letting your 15-16 year old son take it for a ride with his friends). The system will be labeled as SAA but will likely most operated by Russian servicemen.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:04 pm

calm wrote:USAF F-22 'Raptor' as captured trough electro-optical system OLS + TP of Su-35S of Russian Air Force over Syria.

/Dn2XXJzX0AAXytC.jpg[/img]

https://mobile.twitter.com/warsmonitoring/status/910843986734182400/video/1

There is also a video on your link of sukhoi taken by what appeared to be an f-18.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:24 am