Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+65
KoTeMoRe
Airbornewolf
T-47
nomadski
lulldapull
Azi
Walther von Oldenburg
Austin
Aristide
BlackArrow
flamming_python
Cyberspec
Admin
gaurav
Givi
Neutrality
Nikander
Cheetah
fredleander
Manov
lycantrop
TheArmenian
onwiththewar
mnztr
par far
calm
miketheterrible
auslander
Hannibal Barca
Odin of Ossetia
MechanizedOne
Kimppis
0nillie0
Arctic_Fox
YG_AJ
Airman
zorobabel
Mindstorm
Vann7
ZoA
LaVictoireEstLaVie
Godric
ult
GunshipDemocracy
Regular
KomissarBojanchev
Karl Haushofer
starman
Isos
archangelski
SeigSoloyvov
ultimatewarrior
JohninMK
d_taddei2
BKP
George1
GarryB
KiloGolf
Karbafoz
eehnie
franco
crod
AlfaT8
ATLASCUB
medo
69 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

Post  Guest Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:12 am

nomadski wrote:Russia said they would target missiles and source of missiles . But they only targeted the missiles . Now they say next time it will be chaos . Meaning we will strike . How long will this defensive only phase last ? They have to say we will strike next time .  Even if they intend to wait a bit . To buildup forces . In the meantime the Yank and Co will escalate .  Sneak attack , not exposing the attacker , sabotage , third party special ops is likely . Hit and run .  Attack by automated or disposable platforms .For harbour facility , protection is needed . Divers , nets , and underwater sonar ,To keep economy flowing .

Russia didnt target anything, Syrians did.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12

Post  Cyberspec Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:35 am

A pair of Russian Su-24's in low flight at extreme proximity to an Israeli navy ship. Frames from IDF video
    https://twitter.com/inbarspace/status/985999974935728128

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 38 Da7427EXkAAWFRB
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 38 Da743nDXkAMxcng
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 38 Da744S5X0AEkQBk
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:41 am

Russia said they would target missiles and source of missiles . But they only targeted the missiles

Russia didn't launch any missiles... it just passed target data to the Syrian air defence forces who engaged the incoming missiles.

I rather suspect the reason the US and her bitches only fired 103 weapons was because, first of all they saw they were getting shot down before reaching their targets... they likely also knew that if they escalate then Russia would be forced to escalate and if Russians are not shooting down western missiles their only way to escalate is to attack western launch platforms...
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:51 am

Militarov wrote:Russia didnt target anything, Syrians did.

One question.....How come they weren't able to target anything a year ago?
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:10 am

Cyberspec wrote:A pair of Russian Su-24's in low flight at extreme proximity to an Israeli navy ship. Frames from IDF video
    https://twitter.com/inbarspace/status/985999974935728128

IMHO the message is clear for me...

If Israel kill Russian soldiers in Syria ,deployed at Syrian military bases ,consequences of their attacks..
    Then Russia reserve the right to retaliate and sink an Israel warship.. The real TOUGH talking of Russia
    rarely happens in media.. but through private channels of communications between them..

Russia can destroy Israeli navy very easily.. and push away its airforce ,Navy and S-400s.

Eventually the Netanyahu suckers will end the patience of Russia and they will strike hard.. but it will not
    be just old F-15s.. But those brand new submarines of them and or warships.. it will be epic to see Russia
    flattening Israeli navy. those subsonic missiles of Israel stand not a chance to hit any warship of Russia.

if Israel lose a warship confronting Russia ,it will be death sentence for netanyahu , will be arrested for
    the his bad call..and picking a fight with Russia. Im sure that Neither US and Israel have a way to push Russia
    away of Syria ,unless they pick a direct war with Russia..which will be worse for them.

if Israel sink a Russian warship ,it will be a declaration of war.. and Israel punched like never before on its history..
    All Israeli navy destroyed.. and some military bases too with combat planes.. will see Iskander flatening Israel military bases.. and important assets. Russia do not drive by emotions and will pick targets ,that israel will truly regret losing.

One question.....How come they weren't able to target anything a year ago?

Syria air defenses shot down about 60% of the missiles launched by Trump last year..
    major differences now is that Syria now have more intelligence of enemy missiles trajectory,
    and Russia had an A-50 in the air ,warning of all missiles positions at all times.. and possibly Russia had less
    Pantsir defenses..
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:26 am

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 38 Astute-submarine-1307355

Gods above, what an UGLY boat...  ungainly, inelegant, lumpen and misshapen...  the drooling hunch-back of the High Seas... clearly a product of the UK sub industry...
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:32 am

“Several years ago we decided not to supply S-300 systems to Syria at our partners’ request. Now, we will consider options to ensure the Syrian state’s security after this outrageous act of aggression from the United States, France and Great Britain,” Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov told the BBC.

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201804171063634749-lavrov-s300-missile-attack-syria/
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:28 pm

Field tests underway, KAMAZ-53949 Typhoon-K in Ghouta:

https://twitter.com/warsmonitoring/status/986207221506768896

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 38 Da-2KcLXkAAaC6q

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 38 Da-2LOiXkAAmpuP
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:40 pm

*Typhoon-L Smile
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:01 am

A figure of 40 Pantirs in Syria is bandied about. Looks as if, as we here would have expected, that they are a mix of these two versions. Definitely getting a good workout.

Yuri Lyamin
    ‏ @imp_navigator
    4h4 hours ago

Under name Pantsir-S1 Russia produced vehicles with two types of radars. First variant was with rectangular radar (1), Syria received it several years ago. Then Russia began to produce a variant with a new S-band radar (2).

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 38 DbARqxmX0AAE1Zy

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 38 DbAT_XNX0AAsda3
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:01 am

KiloGolf wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:That's the thing. People are easily fooled due to their idiocy. Kommersant released the news about it. But hey, whatever. Story is good so let's make shit up

Did he fall from the balcony then?

Even if he was pushed or thrown, how do you know that it was Russian elements that did it? This is exactly why all the NATO fake stream
    media consumer lemmings fall for the transparent frauds like Litvinenko and Skripal. The subject of motive is never dealt with. This
    includes this case. Give me all the other cases of journalists in Russia being "sent a message". I dare you. The pro-NATO liberast
    media in Russia would be in a full frenzy if it ever got threatened by Putin.

Clearly you have no clue about the Russian media space.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:03 am

Big_Gazza wrote:Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 38 Astute-submarine-1307355

Gods above, what an UGLY boat...  ungainly, inelegant, lumpen and misshapen...  the drooling hunch-back of the High Seas...  clearly a product of the UK sub industry...

They love to do it their way. This even includes Baroque era architecture and sculptures. Let's put it this way: they lack the Italian aesthetic.
    lycantrop

Post  lycantrop Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:15 am

Big_Gazza wrote:Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 38 Astute-submarine-1307355

Gods above, what an UGLY boat...  ungainly, inelegant, lumpen and misshapen...  the drooling hunch-back of the High Seas...  clearly a product of the UK sub industry...

thats not a beauty contest
    as i was young and "unexperienced" i liked US military hardware more sexy than soviet/russian ones and i thought they were better because they looked better, yes i was very young nad dumb Wink
    its all about functionality and not "beauty"
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:13 am

lycantrop wrote:

thats not a beauty contest
    as i was young and "unexperienced" i liked US military hardware more sexy than soviet/russian ones and i thought they were better because they looked better, yes i was very young nad dumb Wink

When one has some understanding of fluid mechanics, one begins to see the flaws in various designs.   The British have a design that is way
    too boxy and is clearly sub-optimal for movement under water.    This actually matters since inefficient flow also generates much more
    low-frequency noise.    This is why to me a lot of the prattle by NATO propagandists that Russian/Soviet submarines were "very noisy" to
    be BS.  It more than just about isolating internal noise sources.
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:24 am

lycantrop wrote:thats not a beauty contest

Agreed, but I reserve the right to sledge this arrogant, pompous, pissant little island nation in response to the unbridled bullshit emanating from the pie-holes of such perennial miscreants as the Maybot and BoJo the Clown over such shoddy fabrications as the Skripal case and Douma fake "gas attack" & the criminal missile strike following it. I may be ex-Brit, but the conduct of my birth nation is an appalling disgrace, and at these times I feel ashamed to have drawn my first breath on that benighted heap of glacial debris...
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:30 am

kvs wrote:Even if he was pushed or thrown, how do you know that it was Russian elements that did it?   This is exactly why all the NATO fake stream
    media consumer lemmings fall for the transparent frauds like Litvinenko and Skripal.   The subject of motive is never dealt with.    This
    includes this case.   Give me all the other cases of journalists in Russia being "sent a message".   I dare you.   The pro-NATO liberast
    media in Russia would be in a full frenzy if it ever got threatened by Putin.

Clearly you have no clue about the Russian media space.

If any Russian journo dies in any circumstances, the Western corporate MSM immediately falls back onto the standard practice of intimating that the death could have been due to "the Kremlin". Of course, if a Western journo dies, at most you get a eulogy and condolences. Even when our regime is directly involved in a journalists death (like the hounding of Gary Webb that drove him to suicide in revenge for his exposure of the Contra-CIA cocaine scandal in the 80s) our media remains tight lipped and stays on official script.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:04 pm

1) Appearance is beyond irrelevant, especially for submarines

2) I actually like how it looks, what I have issue with is really light weapons load and some other parameters that fit better on diesel sub rather than on SSGN

But ultimately most important thing here is that el-cheapo diesel submarine like Kilo was able to give expensive nuclear submarine like Astute run for it's money (and get the job done apparently)

Everything else are details

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:44 pm

No mention of the Pantsir at the other S-400 site up in the hills.

tamydoolittle
    ‏ @border9999
    8h8 hours ago

Russia intensified its Pantsir-S deployment in Syria.
    At the Khmeimim AB there are now 6 TELARs & 3 loader.
    2 TELAR at the northern part and 4 at the southern part of the base.
    At Tartus there are 3 TELARs just north of the harbor and one at the pier. Thats a total of 10 TELs

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 38 DbEMh48WAAAi5I3

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 38 DbEMj6yWAAAOv4y

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 38 DbEMs93W4AA5R0t

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #12 - Page 38 DbEM5AkWkAAifhx
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:07 pm

Wonder what they are masking? I would have thought that its a bit too soon after the strike, given the sailing time of the Syrian Express, for it to be S-300.

ELINT News
    ‏ @ELINTNews

#BREAKING: Reports Russian Navy is deploying smoke screens around Naval vessel while unloading unknown ‘cargo’ at Syrian port in Tartous - Via @WaelAlRussi

Petri Mäkelä
    ‏ @pmakela1
    1h1 hour ago

Petri Mäkelä Retweeted ELINT News

#Russian #ChemicalWarfare units have included these smoke/aerosol systems in almost every exercise during the last 6 months.

This is the first operational use of the new masking agents designed to block visual, thermal and radar observations.

@20committee @IlvesToomas
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:08 am

JohninMK wrote:Wonder what they are masking? I would have thought that its a bit too soon after the strike, given the sailing time of the Syrian Express, for it to be S-300.

They're saying it's allegedly arrived (or is arriving) via An-124...which would make more sense. Coupled with the eployment of more Pantsirs, it would suggest they're expecting more fireworks soon??
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:28 am

better ready than be sorry ?
    it would hurt to take extra security defenses..

btw.. anyone knows what Russia have in Syria military base , that could counter self propelled 152mm artillery rounds?
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:49 am

PapaDragon wrote:

1) Appearance is beyond irrelevant, especially for submarines

2) I actually like how it looks, what I have issue with is really light weapons load and some other parameters that fit better on diesel sub rather than on SSGN

But ultimately most important thing here is that el-cheapo diesel submarine like Kilo was able to give expensive nuclear submarine like Astute run for it's money (and get the job done apparently)

Everything else are details

El Cheapo is what would characterize your state of knowledge. The Kilo has been giving NATO a hard time from day one. You are spreading the BS
    stereotype that all Russian weapons systems are mass produced junk. Bugger off.

From all the discussions about Russian submarines it is clear that we have internet fanbois with zero clue pretending to be experts. These morons
    don't even know that submarine detection includes long range, low frequency sound waves which is why we have networks based on them. The
    British sub in question is more noisy than the "El Cheapo" Kilos that have been running rings around it. The USSR and now Russia have been world
    leaders in fluid dynamics since the middle of the last century. Americans and their minions lie, lie and deny. Like the retarded claim that the
    USA was working on a Shkval variant torpedo during the 1950s. And 100% of their missiles hit Syrian targets.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:40 am

kvs wrote:....
    El Cheapo is what would characterize your state of knowledge. The Kilo has been giving NATO a hard time from day one. You are spreading the BS
    stereotype that all Russian weapons systems are mass produced junk. Bugger off.

Since brain activity is clearly not your strong suit let me clarify it a bit: I was praising Kilo subs for getting job done at fraction of a price

Just because you dump less text per post than eehnia does not make you any less of a dumbass fanboy

So in spirit of your reply: piss off!!!
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:46 am

What is up with the personal attacks?

That British boat is an SSGN... a nuke... which means it needs to keep its reactor cool... and the cooling system used makes more noise than any diesel electric when running on electric power... it is a rule of physics...

The fact that a couple of Kilos were such a problem for a superior western nuclear sub should be a serious issue in the west, but the reality is that they don't care about facts or the truth any more.

We are forgetting the real issue is that the British military is again spending money on strikes for Washington to destroy empty facilities at a time when they can't afford the basics at home....

This May makes Captain Slow look like the Flash...

Post  Guest Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:27 am

PapaDragon wrote:

Since brain activity is clearly not your strong suit let me clarify it a bit: I was praising Kilo subs for getting job done at fraction of a price

Just because you dump less text per post than eehnia does not make you any less of a dumbass fanboy

So in spirit of your reply: piss off!!!

Wanna make KVS go on 5 page rant?

Just yell: "Welding!".

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:38 pm