Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Share
    avatar
    higurashihougi

    Posts : 2119
    Points : 2212
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  higurashihougi on Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:13 pm

    Toooooo bad we can't confirm it pirat

    https://www.rt.com/news/326941-russia-strikes-amnesty-report/

    “The Secretary General notes with concern Amnesty International report on alleged violations of international humanitarian law resulting of the Russian airstrikes in Syria. The UN cannot independently confirm the cases presented in the report,” Deputy Spokesman for the Secretary-General, Farhan Haq said.
    avatar
    Regular

    Posts : 2056
    Points : 2050
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  Regular on Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:27 pm

    headshot69 wrote:The first in world RF army performed full attack with fighting robots. They captured rebels fortified position on the strategic hill 754m close to Syrian Latakia. They used 10 automatic "battle vehicles" type «Платформа-М»(Platforma-M) and «Арго»(Argo). Those vehicles where supported by UAV and howitzers "Акация"(Akacija) and Syrian infantry. Commander of the attack was the operator in Moscow. He directed and controlled the battle in real time. After the robots got 110 meters close to the rebels positions, the enemy opened fire on them. Those positions were pointed by "battle vehicles" and their fire was supported by fire from 152 mm howitzers with 40 kg charge. The rebels did not have the slightest chance, all their movement was controlled by UAVs. The battle lasted only 20 minutes, the rebels fled in panic, leaving behind the wounded and dead. On the slopes of the hill were found death nearly 70 rebels. SAA - only 4 injured.

    Source Full info link RUS

    pirat
    avatar
    Neutrality

    Posts : 887
    Points : 905
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  Neutrality on Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:01 pm

    Can we hope to get a confirmation on this?
    avatar
    Regular

    Posts : 2056
    Points : 2050
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  Regular on Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:46 pm

    Neutrality wrote:Can we hope to get a confirmation on this?
    I confirm this
    avatar
    Neutrality

    Posts : 887
    Points : 905
    Join date : 2015-05-02

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  Neutrality on Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:51 pm

    Regular wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:Can we hope to get a confirmation on this?
    I confirm this

    Please elaborate. You have sources to back it up?
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7257
    Points : 7351
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:37 pm

    Neutrality wrote:
    Regular wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:Can we hope to get a confirmation on this?
    I confirm this

    Please elaborate. You have sources to back it up?

    I think he meant to say it is bogus.

    But you never know...

    ult

    Posts : 664
    Points : 704
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  ult on Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:18 pm


    ult

    Posts : 664
    Points : 704
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  ult on Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:33 am

    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3982
    Points : 3999
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:49 am

    GarryB wrote:The Syrian Army don't need super tanks with 21st C super armour... what they need is something to stop TOWs and RPGs... Shtora and Arena-2 is more use to them than Armata MBT.

    Cheaper too and they can fit them to existing vehicles they already know how to operate and maintain.

    They don't even need to "stop them". As it stands in three months the TOW/ATGM attacks have been divided by...~4. Also there are less TOWS used (33 so far and even less other ATGM's). There has been a statistical surge in Malyutka use (although usually there were about 3/4 per month fired anyway).

    http://justpaste.it/DecemberATGM

    This while the fighting hasn't slowed down from SAA and allies.
    avatar
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3336
    Points : 3420
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  flamming_python on Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:44 am

    Neutrality wrote:Can we hope to get a confirmation on this?

    It's prob. BS
    avatar
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2527
    Points : 2525
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  KiloGolf on Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:37 am

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    GarryB wrote:The Syrian Army don't need super tanks with 21st C super armour... what they need is something to stop TOWs and RPGs... Shtora and Arena-2 is more use to them than Armata MBT.

    Cheaper too and they can fit them to existing vehicles they already know how to operate and maintain.

    They don't even need to "stop them". As it stands in three months the TOW/ATGM attacks have been divided by...~4. Also there are less TOWS used (33 so far and even less other ATGM's). There has been a statistical surge in Malyutka use (although usually there were about 3/4 per month fired anyway).

    http://justpaste.it/DecemberATGM

    This while the fighting hasn't slowed down from SAA and allies.

    33 TOWs fired in 25 days.. is ca. 1.3 per day.
    This is a very low number given the size of the warzones, the variety of fronts and the ongoing SAA assault areas (Latakia, Aleppo, Damascus, etc.)
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5975
    Points : 6002
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  Militarov on Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:42 am

    KiloGolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    GarryB wrote:The Syrian Army don't need super tanks with 21st C super armour... what they need is something to stop TOWs and RPGs... Shtora and Arena-2 is more use to them than Armata MBT.

    Cheaper too and they can fit them to existing vehicles they already know how to operate and maintain.

    They don't even need to "stop them". As it stands in three months the TOW/ATGM attacks have been divided by...~4. Also there are less TOWS used (33 so far and even less other ATGM's). There has been a statistical surge in Malyutka use (although usually there were about 3/4 per month fired anyway).

    http://justpaste.it/DecemberATGM

    This while the fighting hasn't slowed down from SAA and allies.

    33 TOWs fired in 25 days.. is ca. 1.3 per day.
    This is a very low number given the size of the warzones, the variety of fronts and the ongoing SAA assault areas (Latakia, Aleppo, Damascus, etc.)

    Well those are launches that we have proof for, same as before.

    Vann7

    Posts : 3899
    Points : 4003
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  Vann7 on Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:01 am

    headshot69 wrote:The first in world RF army performed full attack with fighting robots. They captured rebels fortified position on the strategic hill 754m close to Syrian Latakia. They used 10 automatic "battle vehicles" type «Платформа-М»(Platforma-M) and «Арго»(Argo). Those vehicles where supported by UAV and howitzers "Акация"(Akacija) and Syrian infantry. Commander of the attack was the operator in Moscow. He directed and controlled the battle in real time. After the robots got 110 meters close to the rebels positions, the enemy opened fire on them. Those positions were pointed by "battle vehicles" and their fire was supported by fire from 152 mm howitzers with 40 kg charge. The rebels did not have the slightest chance, all their movement was controlled by UAVs. The battle lasted only 20 minutes, the rebels fled in panic, leaving behind the wounded and dead. On the slopes of the hill were found death nearly 70 rebels. SAA - only 4 injured.

    Source Full info link RUS

    Holy shit.. that looks like taken from a hollywood movie.. does that actually happened? Shocked
    Russia using RObots controlled from Moscow? Artillery covering them? only 4 Syrian army injured and 70 rebels killed?


    avatar
    Zivo

    Posts : 1488
    Points : 1514
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  Zivo on Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:10 am

    Vann7 wrote:
    headshot69 wrote:The first in world RF army performed full attack with fighting robots. They captured rebels fortified position on the strategic hill 754m close to Syrian Latakia. They used 10 automatic "battle vehicles" type «Платформа-М»(Platforma-M) and «Арго»(Argo). Those vehicles where supported by UAV and howitzers "Акация"(Akacija) and Syrian infantry. Commander of the attack was the operator in Moscow. He directed and controlled the battle in real time. After the robots got 110 meters close to the rebels positions, the enemy opened fire on them. Those positions were pointed by "battle vehicles" and their fire was supported by fire from 152 mm howitzers with 40 kg charge. The rebels did not have the slightest chance, all their movement was controlled by UAVs. The battle lasted only 20 minutes, the rebels fled in panic, leaving behind the wounded and dead. On the slopes of the hill were found death nearly 70 rebels. SAA - only 4 injured.

    Source Full info link RUS

    Holy shit.. that looks like taken from a hollywood movie.. does that actually happened? Shocked
    Russia using RObots controlled from Moscow? Artillery covering them? only 4 Syrian army injured and 70 rebels killed?



    If it's true, and that's a big if, the Russian MoD would definitely not miss that opportunity to flaunt the operation.
    avatar
    Morpheus Eberhardt

    Posts : 1929
    Points : 2040
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:37 am

    Zivo wrote:
    If it's true, and that's a big if, the Russian MoD would definitely not miss that opportunity to flaunt the operation.

    Russia and the Russian MoD are generally known for exactly the opposite.
    avatar
    Zivo

    Posts : 1488
    Points : 1514
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  Zivo on Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:46 am

    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    Zivo wrote:
    If it's true, and that's a big if, the Russian MoD would definitely not miss that opportunity to flaunt the operation.

    Russia and the Russian MoD are generally known for exactly the opposite.

    lol1  

    I'm sorry, have you been sleeping over the last few months?

    The MoD has been doing that literally since day one of the Syrian op. If this battle happened, they're going to show a video of it soon.
    avatar
    Morpheus Eberhardt

    Posts : 1929
    Points : 2040
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt on Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:28 am

    Zivo wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    Zivo wrote:
    If it's true, and that's a big if, the Russian MoD would definitely not miss that opportunity to flaunt the operation.

    Russia and the Russian MoD are generally known for exactly the opposite.

    lol1  

    Blah, blah, and blah ...

    The MoD has been doing that literally since day one of the Syrian op. If this battle happened, they're going to show a video of it soon.

    lol! Really? lol!
    avatar
    Zivo

    Posts : 1488
    Points : 1514
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  Zivo on Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:48 am

    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    Zivo wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    Zivo wrote:
    If it's true, and that's a big if, the Russian MoD would definitely not miss that opportunity to flaunt the operation.

    Russia and the Russian MoD are generally known for exactly the opposite.

    lol1  

    Blah, blah, and blah ...

    The MoD has been doing that literally since day one of the Syrian op. If this battle happened, they're going to show a video of it soon.

    lol! Really? lol!

    Don't get me wrong, I really want this to be true. It's has been on my mind all day. However,  I'm not going to make excuses for them not publishing the op when they've been consistently providing proof of their feats in Syria, admittedly more so than I expected they would.

    Russia has heavily armed UGV's in service, so it certainly is possible they were used. I'm hoping tomorrow, the MoD will have a nice present for us. santa
    avatar
    Regular

    Posts : 2056
    Points : 2050
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  Regular on Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:15 am

    Seriously, You have to have meningitis to believe this shit about robots in Syria controlled from Moscow. Not that it's not possible but it doesn't make sense.
    Armed UAVs would be a good start for a change.
    avatar
    Regular

    Posts : 2056
    Points : 2050
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  Regular on Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:21 am

    Zivo wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    Zivo wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    Zivo wrote:
    If it's true, and that's a big if, the Russian MoD would definitely not miss that opportunity to flaunt the operation.

    Russia and the Russian MoD are generally known for exactly the opposite.
    lol1  

    Blah, blah, and blah ...

    The MoD has been doing that literally since day one of the Syrian op. If this battle happened, they're going to show a video of it soon.

    lol! Really? lol!

    Don't get me wrong, I really want this to be true. It's has been on my mind all day. However,  I'm not going to make excuses for them not publishing the op when they've been consistently providing proof of their feats in Syria, admittedly more so than I expected they would.

    Russia has heavily armed UGV's in service, so it certainly is possible they were used. I'm hoping tomorrow, the MoD will have a nice present for us. santa
    Russia have heavily armed UGLs in service? Fucking what? In what units and when did they enter service? Very Happy few months ago they were testing remote controlled bmp-3s and specialised vehicles and showing it in expos and noe You are saying they are operational and in service, what did I miss? Who is actually controlling these motherfuckers and how does it fall in chain of command or they are controlled from Moscow by W.o.T. players
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5975
    Points : 6002
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  Militarov on Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:27 pm

    Regular wrote:
    Zivo wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    Zivo wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    Zivo wrote:
    If it's true, and that's a big if, the Russian MoD would definitely not miss that opportunity to flaunt the operation.

    Russia and the Russian MoD are generally known for exactly the opposite.
    lol1  

    Blah, blah, and blah ...

    The MoD has been doing that literally since day one of the Syrian op. If this battle happened, they're going to show a video of it soon.

    lol! Really? lol!

    Don't get me wrong, I really want this to be true. It's has been on my mind all day. However,  I'm not going to make excuses for them not publishing the op when they've been consistently providing proof of their feats in Syria, admittedly more so than I expected they would.

    Russia has heavily armed UGV's in service, so it certainly is possible they were used. I'm hoping tomorrow, the MoD will have a nice present for us. santa
    Russia have heavily armed UGLs in service? Fucking what? In what units and when did they enter service? Very Happy few months ago they were testing remote controlled bmp-3s and specialised vehicles and showing it in expos and noe You are saying they are operational and in service, what did I miss? Who is actually controlling these motherfuckers and how does it fall in chain of command or they are controlled from Moscow by W.o.T. players

    I am really not sure about amounts obtained, ordered or anything but Platform M and that Taifun M supposed to protect Topols and Jars are in service.



    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7257
    Points : 7351
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:37 pm


    Traffic jams at Turkish/Iraqi border... Cool


    Russian Aviation in Syria Completed 5,240 Sorties Since Operation Beginning

    http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151225/1032286200/russia-syria-operation-targets.html

    Russian aviation has completed over 5,200 sorties in Syria since the operation began on September 30, the chief of the Russian Armed Forces said Friday.


    "Since September 30 Russian aviation has conducted 5,240 sorties in Syria, including 145 sorties by long-range aviation," Lt. Gen. Sergey Rudskoy, chief of the Main Operational Directorate of the General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces said.

    Rudskoy added that Russian aviation carries out airstrikes daily against terrorist infrastructure, command points, military equipment, and terrorists themselves.

    On Thursday, Russian aviation has hit 189 terrorists' stronghold in Syria, Sergei Rudskoy continued.

    "Yesterday alone we carried out 189 strikes on the terrorist strongholds, 142 of which were planned, while the rest were newly identified" Rudskoy added.

    The Syrian government forces with Russian aviation accictance have liberated five populated areas in the province of Aleppo, he said. Moreover, government forces continue to expand the safety zone around the Kweiris airport and intensify offensives in the south-western direction to Idlib.

    Syrian Army Offensives

    Syrian forces, with Russian air support, are tightening the encirclement of illegal armed groups in the suburbs of Damascus, Lieutenant-General Sergei Rudskoi, the head of the Main Operations Directorate of the General Staff, told reporters on Friday.

    "In the suburbs of Damascus, [Syrian] government forces have taken control of the village of Marj al-Sultan, and are continuing their raids, narrowing the encirclement of illegal armed groups in the areas of Nashabiya, Nula, Duma and Zibdin," Rudskoi said.

    Moreover, according to the officer, in other areas, Syrian forces are taking measures to stabilize the situation and are preparing to continue their offensive.

    Syrian government troops have reclaimed control over the key Jebel Noba height, the chief of the Russian armed forces said.

    "In the province of Latakia, the Syrian assault squads have waged offensives to the north and the east. They have taken control over the key offensive area of the Jebel Noba," he said.

    Syrian forces, backed by Russian aviation, are narrowing the encirclement of illegal armed groups in the suburbs of Syria's capital Damascus, the head of the Russian General Staff’s operations department said Friday.

    "Government forces have taken control over the Marj Sultan settlement and continue raids, narrowing the encirclement of illegal armed groups," Lt.Gen. Sergei Rudskoy told reporters.

    He added that that other positions near the populated area of Kepir were also cleanses of militants.

    Oil Smuggling

    Russian intelligence spotted nearly 12 thousand oil trucks on the Turkish-Iraqi border, near the Zakho checkpoint, Lt. Gen. Sergey Rudskoy, chief of the Main Operational Directorate of the General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces said.

    "At the time of [reconaissanse] filming in the Zakho area there were 11,775 petrol tankers and semi-trucks on both sides of the Turkish-Iranian border. 4,530 of them were on Turkish territoty, 7,245 were in Iraq," Rudsloy said. "I must note that oil extracted in Iraq, as well as Syria, comes through this check point [on Turkish-Iraqi border]."

    Russian aviation has also destroyed 37 terrorists' oil drilling, extraction facilities in Syria, 17 tunker trucks over past week, he added.

    Tankers belonging to the terrorists have been disguised as lorries and have been constricted to moving at night, Lt. Gen. Rudskoy noted.

    "The northern and western routes which we previously revealed continue to be used. In order to avoid losses to Russian aviation, the terrorists move [the oil convoys] mainly at night. Moreover, their tanker trucks are disguised as ordinary lorries, and move in small columns of several dozen vehicles at a time," Rudskoy said.

    In addition, Russian Armed Forces have revealed a new Daesh oil smuggling route: first the trucks take the shortest route to Iraq, and from there head to Turkey. Trying to escape Russian aviation's strikes, "terrorists are changing their tactics and paving new oil smuggling routes," Rudskoy said.

    According to him, the route leads from Daesh-controlled Deir ez-Zor, through the Syrian border towns, to the Iraqi cities of Mosul and Zakho.

    The column of tanker trucks follow the shortest route to the Iraqi-Syrian border, Sergey Rudskoy told journalists. However, despite the destination detour, Turkey still remains the ultimate destination of the terrorists' oil smuggling scheme, he noted.

    The number of tanker trucks near Turkey's Dortyol port, where Islamic State oil is allegedly delivered, has grown to 920, the head of the Russian General Staff’s operations department said Friday.

    "One must understand that the profits from the smuggling of any products are used to finance Daesh, and any country participating in this illegal business is involved in international terrorism," Lt.Gen. Sergei Rudskoy told reporters.

    Reconnaissance

    The Russian military receives information on terrorist facilities from Syrian army commanders as well as patriotic opposition units, the head of the Russian General Staff’s operations department said Friday.

    "We are in constant contact with the command of Syria's government troops and with units of the patriotic opposition. They regularly provide additional information about newly discovered terrorist targets," Lt.Gen. Sergei Rudskoy told reporters, adding that decisions to carry out airstrikes are taken only after further reconnaissance.

    Russia's Defense Ministry has created a multi-level intelligence collection system in Syria, ensuring the reliable identification of terrorist targets, Lieutenant-General Sergei Rudskoy, the head of the Main Operations Directorate of the General Staff, told reporters on Friday.

    Earlier, Amnesty International had published a report on Russian forces operating in Syria, claiming that Russian military aviation was involved in the bombing of civilian targets, resulting in civilian casualties.

    The Russian Defense Ministry responded by saying that the report consists of clichés and fakes, and that the human rights group approached its subject matter in a biased manner, publishing unverified information on the activities of Russian aircraft in Syria and claiming it to be factual.

    The Russian Aerospace Defense Forces, Rudsoi emphasized, conduct daily airstrikes targeting terrorist infrastructure, enemy strongholds, clusters of military equipment and manpower. "For this purpose, we have created a multi-level intelligence system, providing for the reliable identification of terrorist targets," the commander said.

    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7257
    Points : 7351
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:39 pm









    ult

    Posts : 664
    Points : 704
    Join date : 2015-02-20

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  ult on Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:42 pm



    avatar
    AlfaT8

    Posts : 1675
    Points : 1670
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  AlfaT8 on Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:21 pm

    It seems like Russian Robots have indeed been deployed (1:38), there job is mostly recon though.


    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #7

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:10 pm