Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+33
GarryB
wilhelm
nemrod
AlfaT8
franco
TheArmenian
andalusia
Godric
BKP
Bidoul
Walther von Oldenburg
max steel
flamming_python
Heartbeer
ahmedfire
TheGeorgian
JohninMK
kvs
OminousSpudd
sepheronx
Morpheus Eberhardt
magnumcromagnon
Werewolf
zg18
PapaDragon
George1
Hannibal Barca
Rodinazombie
berhoum
Regular
Cowboy's daughter
Monarchist
KoTeMoRe
37 posters

November 2015 Paris attacks

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

November 2015 Paris attacks - Page 3 Empty Re: November 2015 Paris attacks

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:23 am

KoTeMoRe, my best of wishes of safety goes toward your son.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:31 am

KoTeMoRe,

Wishing your son and his girlfriend will be safe.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:31 am

Thx guys, but he's OK, although he'd need your prayers once his mom gets her hands on him.

According to LCI feed Hollande got out of Bataclan with his eyes still wet. I think he just realized the scale of the massacre.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:36 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:Thx guys, but he's OK, although he'd need your prayers once his mom gets her hands on him.

According to LCI feed Hollande got out of Bataclan with his eyes still wet. I think he just realized the scale of the massacre.

Looks like arming rebels back in 2012 wasn't such a smart move for Francois Whorellonde, and his clique of EscarGauls.
    zg18
    zg18

Post  zg18 Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:16 am

New number is 153 dead....

November 2015 Paris attacks - Page 3 Candle
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:39 am

'55 people in a critical condition'
    Posted at 02:22
    Le Parisien has a list of the deaths and injuries at the various attack sites around Paris, which it sources to the French authorities.

Bataclan: at least 100 dead, seven people in a critical condition, four others injured

Rue Charonne: 19 dead, 13 people in a critical condition, 10 others injured

Rue Bichat: 14 dead, 10 in a critical condition, 10 others injured

Avenue de la Republique: Four dead, 11 in a critical condition, 10 others injured

Stade de France: four dead, 11 in a critical condition, 39 others injured

Rue Beaumarchais: three people in a critical condition, four others injuries
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:31 am

Werewolf wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:
    zg18 wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:That's almost an understatement.

It`s not almost - IT IS an understatement.....

WTF is happening to/in Europe?

I`m deeply worried.....

How many wakeup calls does europe need before it finally does something?

I fear it may already be too late..

It is the population that needs wake up calls, the leaders are shills of the west they are the once that are directing everything bad for their countries and citizens like open border policy when millions of US paid refugees are send to europe.

They are reaping what they sow.  In essence, France is getting blow back for what they have done to others.  I don't condone these events but also, it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone either.  But I agree with our Greek friend in saying that this is quite a coincidence.

There will be no wake-up call.  Actually, it will just enforce the French government in their endeavors in attempting to cause more crap in Syria.  They may even try to pull the NATO card and force to go into NATO.  If they do attempt that, then I am going to call a black flag event here.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:40 am

Good to hear that your kid is OK KoTeMoRe, safe travels to him.

--------------------

Rodinazombie wrote:
    '55 people in a critical condition'
    Posted at 02:22
    Le Parisien has a list of the deaths and injuries at the various attack sites around Paris, which it sources to the French authorities.

Bataclan: at least 100 dead, seven people in a critical condition, four others injured

Rue Charonne: 19 dead, 13 people in a critical condition, 10 others injured

Rue Bichat: 14 dead, 10 in a critical condition, 10 others injured

Avenue de la Republique: Four dead, 11 in a critical condition, 10 others injured

Stade de France: four dead, 11 in a critical condition, 39 others injured

Rue Beaumarchais: three people in a critical condition, four others injuries

Holy crap, any one of those individually would qualify as major terrorist attack but all at the same time?
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:44 am

Cowboy's daughter wrote:Rest in Peace to the victims,

I saw part of Pres. Obama giving condolences, etc to French ppl.

It's a crying shame he could not/ did not do the same re persons on Russia airplane.

It's a crying shame that so many ppl have demonized Russia, to such that they no longer have any compassion for innocent victims.

You can bet your last dollar that we are on their list. So I expect something like this to happen here in the near future.

The news is saying 3 recent strikes: Russian plane, Lebanon, and now France, they think by External ISIS group. Created to carry attacks outside of Iraq/Syria

+1 so many times.

I am so sorry for the French, and I have nothing but support to express for them right now. But seeing that stupid prick in the White House being so quick to pay respects to the French, yet ignore the Russian airline disaster... Mad

EDIT: KoTeMore, keep us updated on your son's welfare.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:03 am

Kote; So your son is in France at the moment?  What is the current situation?

Are you going to bring him back to your place?  I just skimmed through your comment about your ex wife, but I am not sure exactly what is being said.  You are currently in Albania, right?
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:11 am

My sympathies to the victims' families and RIP to the victims.

but

you can see the difference in tone when NATO suffers from terrorist attacks. The coverage is all serious
    and the media f*cks don't wank themselves silly with terrorist apologia and what they perceive as
    schadenfreude. So I am not going to have any sympathy for NATO and its maggot politicians and media.
    They will likely use this incident to advance their imperial ambitions.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:48 am

sepheronx wrote:Kote; So your son is in France at the moment?  What is the current situation?

Are you going to bring him back to your place?  I just skimmed through your comment about your ex wife, but I am not sure exactly what is being said.  You are currently in Albania, right?

Ok sorry guys for the snap this morning. It was a long night. Thank you for the wishes, but really it's more a case of cursing him rather than wishing him well (Balkan people will understand).
    I'm in Brussels currently. It was impossible to get in Paris by Thalys until they were allowed to operate again at 9 AM this morning. My ex-wife was very shaken, wanted to go to Paris, but basically it was useless, our son OK, same for his GF. We had like three/four Skypes during the night. He was questioned by Police for about half an hour. Signed a statement. Isn't allowed to leave Paris today anyway (?). It was complete chaos among the other witnesses. Place de la République is becoming like ground zero.

There's talk of maybe 200 dead when it's all over. Border area with Belgium is open but filtered. takes up to 4 hours to get around Paris (usually it's done in 2.5 hours) then there's check points around the eastern and southern suburbs. Maybe going there this afternoon, we'll see.

Surreal. Properly Surreal.

Schengen is probably dead for a while. Rule of unintended consequences strikes again.
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:58 am

kvs wrote:My sympathies to the victims' families and RIP to the victims.

but

you can see the difference in tone when NATO suffers from terrorist attacks.   The coverage is all serious
    and the media f*cks don't wank themselves silly with terrorist apologia and what they perceive as
    schadenfreude.   So I am not going to have any sympathy for NATO and its maggot politicians and media.

Yeah, the now usual double standards from western leaders is apparent as ever, and makes me sick, but on human level that wont stop me from feeling bad about the innocents who were murdered. They arent responsible for the deviant ways of their leaders.

The death toll seems to be around 127-128 according to various sources, the only plus we can take from that is that its a touch less than what was being calculated late last night.

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:03 pm

Rodinazombie wrote:

but

you can see the difference in tone when NATO suffers from terrorist attacks.   The coverage is all serious
    schadenfreude.   So I am not going to have any sympathy for NATO and its maggot politicians and media.

Yeah, the now usual double standards from western leaders is apparent as ever, and makes me sick, but on human level that wont stop me from feeling bad about the innocents who were murdered. They arent responsible for the deviant ways of their leaders.

The death toll seems to be around 127-128 according to various sources, the only plus we can take from that is that its a touch less than what was being calculated late last night.

80 are in critical ("urgence maximum" according to TV).
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:07 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:

but

Has there been any images or info released about the attackers yet?

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:13 pm

Rodinazombie wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:

but

Has there been any images or info released about the attackers yet?

Black garb and no masks apparently. There's a gag order on terro's images.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:23 pm

Whatever one might think of their views GlobalResearch does come out with some thought provoking articles Like this one today, I have taken the start and end but there is more at the link.

None of the early news reports on November 13th, mentioned the fact that a large scale and well organized terrorist attack had been predicted. The title of the media report below is:

“Intelligence services fear a 9/11 French Style”

Yet in a bitter irony the October report stated that these forthcoming attacks were difficult to avoid: ”impossible a dejouer”, suggesting that French intelligence is inept and unable to prevent a forthcoming catastrophe. What was the role of this media hype? Create an atmosphere of fear and intimidation?

France’s president Francois Hollande no doubt was aware of the October warnings. He had been briefed by his intelligence advisers. His speech had the appearances of having been scripted –i.e with regard to the adoption of a State of Emergency, a far-reaching political decision.

It is highly unlikely, however, that Hollande took this decision spontaneously in the evening of November 13, on the spare of the moment in response to the attacks and prior to the holding of a cabinet meeting. The decision to enact a State of Emergency had no doubt been envisaged in advance of the attack in relation to a potential terrorist attack scenario. As we recall, the last time a State of Emergency was enacted was in May 1961 in response to the Algiers putsch (Putsch d’Alger), a failed coup d’état to overthrow the government of President Charles de Gaulle’s government.

Shortly before midnight local time on November 13, president François Hollande announced drastic police state measures against an alleged terrorist network operating nationwide:

My dear compatriots

As I speak, terrorist attacks of unprecedented proportions are underway in the Paris area. There are dozens killed, there are many injured. It is a horror.

We have, on my decision, mobilised all forces possible to neutralise the terrorists and make all concerned areas safe. I have also asked for military reinforcements. They are currently in the Paris area, to ensure that no new attack can take place.

I have also called a cabinet meeting that will be held in a few minutes. [the measures are announced before consultation with the Cabinet]

Two decisions will be taken: a state of emergency will be declared, which means that some places will be closed, traffic may be banned , and there will also be searches which may be decided throughout Ile de France (greater Paris). The state of emergency will be proclaimed throughout the territory (of France).

The second decision I have made is to close the borders. We must ensure that no one enters to commit any crimes and that those who have committed the crimes that we have unfortunately seen can also be arrested if they should leave the territory.

This is a terrible ordeal which once again assails us. We know where it comes from, who these criminals are, who these terrorists are.

In these difficult moments, we must – and I’m thinking of the many victims, their families and the injured – show compassion and solidarity. But we must also show unity and calm.

Faced with terror, France must be strong, it must be great and the state authorities must be firm. We will be.

We must also call on everyone to be responsible.

What the terrorists want is to scare us and fill us with dread. There is indeed reason to be afraid. There is dread, but in the face of this dread, there is a nation that knows how to defend itself, that knows how to mobilise its forces and, once again, will defeat the terrorists.
    French citizens, we have not completed the operations. There are still some that are extremely difficult. It’s at this moment that the security forces are staging an assault, especially in a place in Paris.

I ask you to keep all your trust in what we can do with the security forces to protect our nation from terrorist acts.

Long live the Republic and long live France.” (emphasis added)

France is under attack. we must defend ourselves.

The political discourse is in some regards reminiscent of the 9/11 attacks and the statements of George W. Bush et al. The media immediately started comparing the November 13 attacks in Paris to 9/11.

President Hollande had ordered by decree without debate or consultation with France’s National Assembly the enactiment of a State of Emergency throughout France, coupled with the closing of France’s borders allegedly to prevent terrorists from coming in, and from terror suspects from leaving the country. The measures also included procedures which enable the police to conduct arbitrary arrests and house searches without a warrant within the Paris metropolitan area opening up the development of a potential hate campaign directed against France’s Muslim population. These drastic police state measures ordered by president Hollande were decided upon prior and in the absence of a police report.

Concluding Remarks

On November 13, France was the victim of a carefully organized terrorist attack in different locations in the Paris metropolitan area, resulting in more than 140 deaths. The Islamic State was identified as the architect of this criminal attack.

What is intimated in the media reports of these tragic events is that the jihadists are attacking France.

But at same time, the countries which claim to be the victims of terrorism including France are involved through their intelligence services in supporting terrorist organizations. It’s called America’s “Global War on Terrorism”.

This contradiction has to be meaningfully addressed at the political level. The Global War on Terrorism is a lie.

The state of emergency gives the police a green light to arrest on mere suspicion throughout France.

A telephone hotline is opened. Citizens are invited to call and report anything which they consider suspicious.

Civil rights have been suspended.

Arbitrary arrests are occurring in Paris without warrant.

The attacks could potentially contribute to a new wave of islamophobia.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-paris-terrorist-attacks-911-french-style-le-11-septembre-a-la-francaise/5488896
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:28 pm

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4bf_1447472144

Sound of the attacks caught on what looks like a dashcam
    Monarchist
    Monarchist

Post  Monarchist Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:37 pm

rMT
    Syrian President Bashar Assad has condemned the attacks, saying this “savage terror” was what his country has endured for years, state media reported.

"What France suffered from savage terror is what the Syrian people have been enduring for over five years," Assad was quoted as saying on state media and Lebanese TV station al Mayadeen.

09:56 GMT
    Monarchist
    Monarchist

Post  Monarchist Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:51 pm

Jason Jones ‏@DPRKJones 7 hrs

#France was part of the coalition that conducted 5,900 airstrikes on Gaddafi's army. When ISIS took over parts of #Libya, not 1 airstrike.

https://twitter.com/DPRKJones

http://www.aljazeera.com/mritems/imagecache/mbdxxlarge/mritems/Images/2015/11/9/b7115419bec04dac93e9c69d632fecdf_18.gif

"Charlie hebdo" was mocking innocent lives killed by ISIS just some days ago.
    You reap what you sow unfortunately innocent paid with the lives of completely innocent people. No
    TheGeorgian
    TheGeorgian

Post  TheGeorgian Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:54 pm

I agree with the US / EU bashing over this, but nobody is clean in this decades long global conflict for control and resources. I just leave my deepest condolences to the people who became victim to it and those who lost their beloved ones. I hope some day humanity will have finaly learned it's lesson and gain the worth of being called a civilized and developed community. Untill then, there is only hope that total destruction will be somehow averted.
    ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

Post  ahmedfire Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:59 pm

RIP for all innocent victims,

Some hidden fingers aim to put ISIS in place of Osama bin-laden and alqaeda because alqaeda became a burned card and those fingers can't use it anymore to steal other countries by politics , i don't understand why U.S politicians still play the same dirty game , i mean giving weapons to what they say "ally groups " and after that they call them terrorists and go in war with them and innocent people die !!

I think Holland also played the game and become a U.S tool and no one pay for that except innocent people here and there , this is a dirty world ruled by a dirty sycho politicians .
    Heartbeer
    Heartbeer

Post  Heartbeer Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:14 pm

some aftermath.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=86c_1447486084

Police nowhere to be seen.

18+
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:19 pm

Regular wrote:
    Cowboy's daughter wrote:It's a crying shame that so many ppl have demonized Russia, to such that they no longer have any compassion for innocent victims.

x2
    They can always make a statement, blame pootie or outright make fun out of it.
    Russians are putting candles next to french embassy. Nothing like that was done when Russian plane went down.

To be fair it wasn't even suspected that it was an act of terrorism when the news about the plane first broke.

Another thing is that an actual full-scale attack on the streets of a major European city is always going to have more impact and reverberation than any airline bombing or disaster.
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:19 pm

https://russian.rt.com/article/130000

Only in russian for now, the french have found a syrian passport amongst the remnants of the suicide bomber that blew himself up by the stade de france.

Forgive me for being cynical, but  this reminds me of the 9-11 hijackers passport that was miraculously found in good condition amongst all the rubble and mess of 9/11 after being in a plane that was basically vapourised when it hit the building and blew up.

Dont get me wrong, i dont believe 9/11 was an 'inside job', but the immediate finger pointing and finding of evidence was too scripted for me. It was like they had a script lined up ready for such an event, and the french reaction also feels very 9/11esque.

It also feels strange that he would have a passport when most of these 'refugees' are coming in without any documents, and a potential terrorist you would think would ensure he had no documentation that the authorities could use to identify him by and forestall his plans. But alas, this is just speculation at this stage, nothing more.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:01 am