Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+49
Boreas
KomissarBojanchev
Karl Haushofer
par far
higurashihougi
Flagship Victory
eehnie
zg18
Khepesh
JohninMK
Dforce
TheArmenian
Mike E
kvs
victor1985
Ruthenius
Austin
Ispan
Glyph
PapaDragon
Godric
Ghoster
medo
Regular
Big_Gazza
Project Canada
BKP
magnumcromagnon
Werewolf
SturmGuard
sepheronx
The Mule
gregoire
2SPOOKY4U
OminousSpudd
whir
flamming_python
Walther von Oldenburg
Vann7
ExBeobachter1987
kap-the-head
KoTeMoRe
Rodinazombie
auslander
sektor
Cowboy's daughter
Neutrality
franco
Chersonesus
53 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #20

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

The Situation in the Ukraine. #20 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #20

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:41 pm

Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    American Eagle wrote:Brave Ukrainian artillery fires at Russian invaders killing hundreds of them Cool Very Happy
    I honestly don't know why Dforce gets more hate than this guy. Can the mods ban him, he really isn't doing any good here.

Because this one isn't subtle. It's like a very pastiche variant of Drax. With even more foaming at the mouth and he's 'Murrican.
    SturmGuard

The Situation in the Ukraine. #20 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #20

Post  SturmGuard Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:42 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:Yeah but there we differ. I don't want no blatant propaganda. I would like a real effort about what, who, where, when. Having some kind of feel good couple of videos with maps is basically compiling one sides bravado. This conflicts deserves a lot better, because actual raw data exists (at least for one side). From a purely historical POV it would be best.

Now for vulgarization purposes, I agree those steps are a must. But given your goals are rather limited, I'd follow aulander's advice. I insist, there's good money to be made with a thorough video series of the current operations in Donbass. I'm sure Frunze people are busy right now doeing that for their own doctrine courses. Now we just need a guy from here to sacrifice himself for the greater good of RD.net and enlist the Russian Army in order to become an Officer ;-).

Reality has a Russian bias. When it comes to USSR/Russia, making accurate and historically correct works is called propaganda in West. There is an entire parallel reality where "authors" in West reside, a reality where there is no archive records, primary sources of information or statistics available, so it is OK to write, publish whatever one wants to. /rant off.

I didn't have a feelgood/onesided advertisement video in mind, rather an informative and compact video that tries to show as much info as possible (approximate manpower and equipment, losses etc. for each phase, sector) while being clear and easy to understand (hence the animated map of combat events in sequence).

Let's be honest here, in case of Ukraine, 100% truth would be called out as "Russian propaganda" in the West, since it would have nothing in common with the narrative being presented in media.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:47 pm

Awfully quite tonight. Calm before the storm? Shocked
    SturmGuard

Post  SturmGuard Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:57 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:Because this one isn't subtle. It's like a very pastiche variant of Drax. With even more foaming at the mouth and he's 'Murrican.

If I didn't know better, I would have thought that American Eagle is a parody account, a comic relief. Reminds me of UkrOp media.

In my opinion, having disagreeing opinions is a good thing, a factual discussion can never be a bad thing. On the other hand, the obnoxius repetitive nonsense posters should have been banned a long time ago.

Khepesh, really appreciate that link, thank you.

Last edited by SturmGuard on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:58 pm

Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    American Eagle wrote:Brave Ukrainian artillery fires at Russian invaders killing hundreds of them Cool Very Happy
    I honestly don't know why Dforce gets more hate than this guy. Can the mods ban him, he really isn't doing any good here.

That's why there is that nifty little 'ignore' button in yer profile. Dforce made it to the list in very short order, the Bobbsie Twins took a bit longer but he's there, too. This 'ex' marine is real close. I don't mind, and actually welcome, erudite discourse on the events extant from all points of the compass, but to just troll endlessly, well, Sophia has looked at the four and they all came up wanting.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:23 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    [youtube]dor9jDAeRL4[yoee]

Because this one isn't subtle. It's like a very pastiche variant of Drax. With even more foaming at the mouth and he's 'Murrican.

There is no way this clown is 'Murrican. I am sure he wants to be 'Murrican but wanting and being are two very different things. clown Razz

I am pretty sure this little specimen is located several hundreds of miles north/northeast from where I'm sitting. Cool lol1

Just put him on ''ignore'' and you're golden, I keep him active for entertainment myself. russia
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:54 pm

SturmGuard wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Yeah but there we differ. I don't want no blatant propaganda. I would like a real effort about what, who, where, when. Having some kind of feel good couple of videos with maps is basically compiling one sides bravado. This conflicts deserves a lot better, because actual raw data exists (at least for one side). From a purely historical POV it would be best.

Now for vulgarization purposes, I agree those steps are a must. But given your goals are rather limited, I'd follow aulander's advice. I insist, there's good money to be made with a thorough video series of the current operations in Donbass. I'm sure Frunze people are busy right now doeing that for their own doctrine courses. Now we just need a guy from here to sacrifice himself for the greater good of RD.net and enlist the Russian Army in order to become an Officer ;-).

Reality has a Russian bias. When it comes to USSR/Russia, making accurate and historically correct works is called propaganda in West. There is an entire parallel reality where "authors" in West reside, a reality where there is no archive records, primary sources of information or statistics available, so it is OK to write, publish whatever one wants to. /rant off.

I didn't have a feelgood/onesided advertisement video in mind, rather an informative and compact video that tries to show as much info as possible (approximate manpower and equipment, losses etc. for each phase, sector) while being clear and easy to understand (hence the animated map of combat events in sequence).

Let's be honest here, in case of Ukraine, 100% truth would be called out as "Russian propaganda" in the West, since it would have nothing in common with the narrative being presented in media.

While there's a victor's bias in historiography, I want to know for instance what Northern Wind was about. Who, how many troops, when did the real Northern Wind Started, when it ceased and broke contact letting huge gaps in Ukrop lines. What routes did it typically take for it to be concealed from the red eye in the sky. Were these people mixed up or where there pushed into action as articulate units. Other things bother me as well, what was the impact of the T90A. How were they employed. We've seen a company at the border and (despite negation) within Ukraine. Why the risk?

There's also the planning at Debaltseve why they used such a small pincer going for a small kettle rather than taking the whole Svitlodarsk area, which was undeniably unfortified (given that current trenches there look like they're made by 12 yo). Both actions were so different, but ended up with the same kind of result and importance. Was Debaltseve more of an baptism by fire of the freshly formed NAF groups (like most accounts say) or was it a case of underestimating the enemy. This second option IMO has to be bitter for some NAF fighters that trapped a sizeable portion of hardware and troops and were ready for the kill.

While we have nice videos about isolated events, the bulk of the fighting visual evidence including movements are there somewhere between VK and the Russian Mod.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:56 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    SturmGuard wrote:

While there's a victor's bias in historiography, I want to know for instance what Northern Wind was about. Who, how many troops, when did the real Northern Wind Started, when it ceased and broke contact letting huge gaps in Ukrop lines. What routes did it typically take for it to be concealed from the red eye in the sky. Were these people mixed up or where there pushed into action as articulate units. Other things bother me as well, what was the impact of the T90A. How were they employed. We've seen a company at the border and (despite negation) within Ukraine. Why the risk?

There's also the planning at Debaltseve why they used such a small pincer going for a small kettle rather than taking the whole Svitlodarsk area, which was undeniably unfortified (given that current trenches there look like they're made by 12 yo). Both actions were so different, but ended up with the same kind of result and importance. Was Debaltseve more of an baptism by fire of the freshly formed NAF groups (like most accounts say) or was it a case of underestimating the enemy. This second option IMO has to be bitter for some NAF fighters that trapped a sizeable portion of hardware and troops and were ready for the kill.

While we have nice videos about isolated events, the bulk of the fighting visual evidence including movements are there somewhere between VK and the Russian Mod.

What makes you think that there were any T-90's?
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:04 pm

American Eagle wrote:A captured Russian terrorist in Ukraine. Putin has to send old people to fight because losses are so huge
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #20 - Page 7 CMq5QhpU8AAxUjM

last year pictures are last year...
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:04 pm

American Eagle troll. Ban.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:06 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    SturmGuard wrote:

That August photo-op whas clearly around Novoannovka. There are pictures the two t64BM's that got lit up about 800m from the now infamous BTR assault. It goes right along the M40 and there's no way that battlefield area can be anywhere else.

However you're entitled to your opinion.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:10 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    SturmGuard wrote:

That August photo-op whas clearly around Novoannovka. There are pictures the two t64BM's that got lit up about 800m from the now infamous BTR assault. It goes right along the M40 and there's no way that battlefield area can be anywhere else.

I think that does not really answer my question, care to elaborate?
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:12 pm

American Eagle wrote:http://proua.com.ua/?p=28308

Last week over 140 Russian terrorists were killed in a single failed offensive. Brave Ukrainians fiercely resist foreign invasion of their beloved fatherland.

LOL.. so any Ukrainian killed in Donetsk.. is now a Russian Army soldier .. lol

Those people are fighting for their freedom ,from Fascism.. in case you didn't knew.

IF Russians are so weak.. why the US army needs an alliance of 28 countries to fight RUssia?   IF that how insecure Americans feels to fight just one nation?  Shocked

Or Why Obama does not send his Airforce and Abram tanks to invade Donetsk and Lugansk ,so
    you see how your lovely country army wiped in the battle field?? American Terrorist states do not fight Strong Nations that can fight back..this is a Fact..  why you are now in Honey moon with IRAN.. Because your country knows its stand not a chance to win in such a war ..LOL

And you are late.. since 2014 i have been posting reports of of American terrorist soldiers killed from private contractors from Blackwater like private security military contractors... in the conflict.. with hundreds of US weapons captured ,and military equipment ,including reports according to Donetsk minister of  American Well armed soldiers killed.  Come and fight Russia internet warrior and see how the Russia army will kick you in the Ass..  Ukraine not only receive weapons but also  Thousands of private military soldiers too from US And NATO countries..and they have been unable to take DOnetsk and Lugansk.. US sponsored and assisted forces kicked from their main stronghold Devalsevo in just 2-3 days.. How embarrassing for the west..

I tell you this in a fight of US army and RUssian army.. you will not last a week.. as soon it start to suffer unacceptable losses . Even China defeated US and NATO in North Korea war ,using seminaked soldiers . This is the reality of what happens when Americans believe in their own propaganda that they are unbeatable in a fight. A report done by a journalist /veteran of the war.

http://bevinalexander.com/books/korea-first-war-we-lost.htm

and you really think you stand a chance against Russia..with a modern army and technology superior than yours.. LOL lol1

Last edited by Vann7 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:14 pm

The guy isn't fooling anyone, he made no attempt to change his posting style. American Eagle = F-15E.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:20 pm

auslander wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:

That's why there is that nifty little 'ignore' button in yer profile. Dforce made it to the list in very short order, the Bobbsie Twins took a bit longer but he's there, too. This 'ex' marine is real close. I don't mind, and actually welcome, erudite discourse on the events extant from all points of the compass, but to just troll endlessly, well, Sophia has looked at the four and they all came up wanting.

There's no need to putting a previously banned guy on the ignore list, you just ban him again...it's the same F-15E character who was banned shortly before the net migration of former members of the Military Photos website. It's a matter of time before he posts photos of dead citizens of the Donetsk People's Republic like he did before, a direct violation of the rules.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:22 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    SturmGuard wrote:

I think that does not really answer my question, care to elaborate?

... Lol Markasov takes pictures of Novoannovka AND his T90A driving down the M40. Then he proceeds to take pictures of (probably) past victims. Very specific pictures that "betray" his location. That's it. The said corner can be seen at LA.info and cross checked with Markasov's pictures (now drowned into a sea of patriotic memes, that he couldn't have posted since the last week). Anyway, as I said, those who want to see aren't bothered by the cross checking. Those who don't, don't see anything. I don't care for any of this.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:28 pm

You really couldn't be more vague with your post that makes it rather hard to find anything on lost armors info with what you just mumbled.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:30 pm

American Eagle wrote:A captured Russian terrorist in Ukraine. Putin has to send old people to fight because losses are so huge

Haha you fucking clown. That picture only proves the locals of Donbass, some of them old miners, are fighting against a regime that they don't want.

Don't worry, in the near future we'll be watching scenes like picrelated as Race Riots break out in the USA. I'm sure you heard of the expression "what goes around comes around". The USA steering chaos all over the world will eventually lead to its own destabilization. Watch how many countries will unite against you and those that you considered your own allies.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:38 pm

Neutrality wrote:

Haha you fucking clown. That picture only proves the locals of Donbass, some of them old miners, are fighting against a regime that they don't want.

Don't worry, in the near future we'll be watching scenes like picrelated as Race Riots break out in the USA. I'm sure you heard of the expression "what goes around comes around". The USA steering chaos all over the world will eventually lead to its own destabilization. Watch how many countries will unite against you and those that you considered your own allies.

There are many clowns like him.. Captain America Trolls..
    Who believe everything their media told them.. that their nation is fighting for "freedom"
    and "democracy".  They are going to wake up one day ,in the hard way.. knowing they were
    lied and their nation is not unbeatable as they believed.

Personally i will have loved to see the US armed forces trying to recapture Donetsk and Lugansk.. that will have been epic failure.. with Russia moderate help to eastern Ukraine.
    Fortunately for American Eagle ,his leaders are not as fool as he is.. and they know well their
    limitations of their military against Russia. So they will never directly fight Russia ,knowing
    it will be too much for them.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:54 pm

Werewolf wrote:You really couldn't be more vague with your post that makes it rather hard to find anything on lost armors info with what you just mumbled.

-72Б3 на территории Украины уже многократно светились, теперь пришла очередь и Т-90А.
    Правда засветились фотки только через год. Фото как указывает источник между Придорожным и Новоанновкой Луганской области, август 2014-го.
    Ну что сказать, участие ВС РФ в событиях на территории Донецкой и Луганской областей пытаются отрицать только уж совсем больные на голову. Да и нет здесь ничего удивительного в испытаниях новейшей техники в реальных боевых условиях.
    По поводу самих фото, Обозначения на танке затерты все той же любимой многими едкозеленой краской.

http://andrei-bt.livejournal.com/378534.html

Scroll down.

Now compare with this.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #20 - Page 7 440935_original

The Situation in the Ukraine. #20 - Page 7 CHyskblXAAAlzww

That's a BTR82 friend. ID 534 on Lost Armour. Guess what? It's the same. So My opinion is this. These guys were in Donetsk (RU) and crossed from M21 to M04 towards Luhansk to clear the road.

YOu can compare the devastation including the same T64 BM's scooped alond the road. These guys took the Ukrops by surprize. You can see how they were not expecting tanks on their rear.

I hope this was enough for you.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:07 pm

NATO issues warnings;
    - Russia is ultimately responsible for whatever happens
    - NATO will not accept the NAF liberating any more land after they beat the attacking UAF

http://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/news_122159.htm
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:11 pm

franco wrote:NATO issues warnings;
    - NATO will not accept the NAF liberating any more land after they beat the attacking UAF

What are they going to do? Send in NATO to save the swine Poroshenko's slimy ass...just so they can get a taste of strategic ECM systems like Murmansk-BN and Krasuha-4?! lol1
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:17 pm

A woman of little vertue can't issue warnings while performing oral relief. She'll end up swallowing her own words.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:34 pm

Honest John OSCE again

MOSCOW, August 19. /TASS/. OSCE monitors have registered a sharp increase in the shelling of the township of Telmanovo located on the territory of the self-proclaimed unrecognized Donetsk People’s Republic, the deputy chief of the OSCE special monitoring mission Alexander Hug said on Wednesday.

As many as 180 encroachments on the ceasefire were registered last week and the mission’s observation point in the city of Donetsk pointed out Telmanovo as the main hot spot of shelling in the territory of the DPR, the Donetsk News Agency quoted him.

This is re the disputed shelling.

MOSCOW, August 19. /TASS/. The intelligence service of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) has identified the location of the artillery of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, from where they shell Mariupol, spokesman for the DPR Defense Ministy Eduard Basurin told reporters on Wednesday. "The intelligence service of the DPR militias has confirmed the location of the Ukrainian army’s artillery west of the populated locality of Primorskoye [20 kilometers northeast of Mariupol on the line of demarcation], at the road junction from where they shell the city of Mariupol," Donetsk News Agency quotes him as saying. "To carry out its provocations, the regime of [Ukrainian President Petro] Poroshenko resorts to killing civilians, not only in Donbas but also in the territory controlled by it," Basurin said.

Earlier on Wednesday, DPR head Alexander Zakharchenko said that Mariupol was shelled from the Ukrainian positions near the frontline. He noted that the remaining military equipment of the Donetsk republic within the contact line in the south of the republic was not capable of reaching this area.

On Monday, the US State Department accused militiamen of making attacks in the north and east of Mariupol. The militia in turn blamed Kiev for the shellings.

Capture of an artillery spotter group.

MOSCOW, August 19. /TASS/. The self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) security service detained a sabotage and reconnaissance group in the suburbs of Donetsk, Donetsk News Agency reported on Wednesday quoting DPR defense ministry. "Overnight to August 19, the military office number 8 and a separate commandant’s regiment detained artillery fire adjusters - local residents from the Yasnoye settlement - near the Yasnoye settlement 16 kilometers from Donetsk," the report said.

The detained suspects had arms and ammunition, devices to access topographic maps and adjusting artillery fire. The DPR defense ministry said investigation is underway. DPR defense ministry spokesman Eduard Basurin said on Sunday that security officers of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic frustrated a Ukrainian sabotage and reconnaissance group. "A Ukrainian sabotage party was frustrated in a special operation of the DPR state security ministry on August 13. As a result, three Ukrainian militants were killed, one was detained," the Donetsk News Agency quoted him as saying. "No further details can be disclosed in the interests of the investigation."

He said however that the detained Ukrainian officer "has information about an offensive the Ukrainian army command is planning against the Donetsk and Luhansk republics." Basurin added that DPR security services had exposed 11 such groups tasked to abduct DPR servicemen to later use them in fake reports about detention of Russian servicemen.
    BKP
    BKP

Post  BKP Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:39 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:

What are they going to do? Send in NATO to save the swine Poroshenko's slimy ass...just so they can get a taste of strategic ECM systems like Murmansk-BN and Krasuha-4?! lol1

Oh wow. Now I really want NAF to liberate the rest of Donbass.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:50 pm