Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+49
Boreas
KomissarBojanchev
Karl Haushofer
par far
higurashihougi
Flagship Victory
eehnie
zg18
Khepesh
JohninMK
Dforce
TheArmenian
Mike E
kvs
victor1985
Ruthenius
Austin
Ispan
Glyph
PapaDragon
Godric
Ghoster
medo
Regular
Big_Gazza
Project Canada
BKP
magnumcromagnon
Werewolf
SturmGuard
sepheronx
The Mule
gregoire
2SPOOKY4U
OminousSpudd
whir
flamming_python
Walther von Oldenburg
Vann7
ExBeobachter1987
kap-the-head
KoTeMoRe
Rodinazombie
auslander
sektor
Cowboy's daughter
Neutrality
franco
Chersonesus
53 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #20

Chersonesus

The Situation in the Ukraine. #20 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #20

Post  Chersonesus Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:51 pm

Dforce wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:This business of osce suddenly telling the truth is very interesting.

Totally agree:

On 15 August the SMM unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) observed in DPR-controlled areas: one ‘R-330ZH Zhitel’ jamming communication station [...]
    http://www.osce.org/ukraine-smm/177826

Guess the seps built it out of Lego.. russia

From the SMM report regarding Gorlovka, the OSCE write

"On 16 August in “DPR”-controlled Horlivka (38km north-north-east of Donetsk) some male residents told the SMM that shelling had taken place during the previous night. The SMM observed three destroyed houses with fresh marks of recent shelling. ... At the scene, three middle-aged women aggressed the monitors verbally and physically, criticizing the SMM activities and expressing frustration about the shelling."

Two comments for the OSCE - i) learn English - 'three middle-aged women aggressed the monitors' - 'aggressed' ??? and ii) aw diddums, the poor little military spies were scared of women who have endured shelling of their homes, enabled by OSCE inactions.
    kvs
    kvs

The Situation in the Ukraine. #20 Empty The Situation in the Ukraine. #20

Post  kvs Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:54 pm

Chersonesus wrote:
    Dforce wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:This business of osce suddenly telling the truth is very interesting.

Totally agree:

On 15 August the SMM unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) observed in DPR-controlled areas: one ‘R-330ZH Zhitel’ jamming communication station [...]

"On 16 August in “DPR”-controlled Horlivka (38km north-north-east of Donetsk) some male residents told the SMM that shelling had taken place during the previous night. The SMM observed three destroyed houses with fresh marks of recent shelling. ... At the scene, three middle-aged women aggressed the monitors verbally and physically, criticizing the SMM activities and expressing frustration about the shelling."

Two comments for the OSCE - i) learn English - 'three middle-aged women aggressed the monitors' - 'aggressed' ??? and ii) aw diddums, the poor little military spies were scared of women who have endured shelling of their homes, enabled by OSCE inactions.

It's a routine and cheap trick to distract form the issue at hand to start yapping about how someone has offended you.
    This is done at various international negotiations meetings. The ploy really works and probably because of the same
    psychology that enables TV news to present sensational stories about crime and accidents.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:10 am

Chersonesus wrote:
    Flagship Victory wrote:
    Chersonesus wrote:Thanks. I have been a member for more than 7 days (which someone else mentioned as a critical period). I have my browser set to clear cookies on exit. Will that have any effect on this?

Need more posts I think.

Thanks. The issue seems to be resolved. I hope it survives my logout later this evening.
    Just to mention that every few weeks this thread hits the 1000 post post limit. So you will probably have a new thread to post on tomorrow and this will be locked.

EDIT: toooo late, its already happened Smile bloody efficient around here!

Post  Guest Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:23 am

Just leaving my mark here. Carry on.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:45 am

Another view;
    http://fortruss.blogspot.ie/2015/08/why-upcoming-uaf-offensive-will-fail.html
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:47 am

Long interview translated on Fortrus, these are the initial paras and a snipped question. Worth reading to get a feel of the creaky structure of Kiev's forces.

Roman Chernyshev, a Ukrainian journalist for the information agency “LigaBusinessInform” conducted an interview with two officers who at different times were dismissed after voluntary service in one of the special battalions in the ATO zone.

Ilya is a career war psychologist and Sergey is a spetsnaz officer who for objective reasons wished to be presented in this text under a pseudonym. However, there is no doubt as to his qualifications and combat experience. Their tales of the war differ radically from the official reports and posts by politicians, bureaucrats, and various advisers on different social networks. The text does not mention the names of parties, geographical points or unfortunate heroes which were mentioned in the interview with the officers. However, to the reader interested in the situation, it won’t be difficult to find out and figure out everything from the context...

This is an assessment by military personnel with combat experience in Donbass. (The text is abridged, with Ukro-nationalist-toxic passages omitted).

Q.: Can American instructors pull our army together?

Sergey: When was the last time Americans fought an equal? The Second World War. Any armed conflict in the past 30 years involving the USA was waged under an overwhelming superiority of America in the air and in precision weapons. I saw this in the Middle East and I know what I’m talking about. A group of their infantry doesn’t enter a combat zone before even the air has been purged. If there’s no cover, they generally refuse to work. The USA doesn’t fight like we do in Donbass. The Taliban took a base from them in Afghanistan, so they tried to storm it, and it didn’t work out, but the inevitable loss is unacceptable. So they struck it with a high-precision missile from an aircraft - that’s it. There’s no base, and no Taliban.

Ilya: In a TV show, an official from the Ministry of Defense asked the general of the UAF the question: Where did the 70% of the weapons, which only in 2014 were transferred to the army, go? Our tank colonels can’t operate a tank cannon. Right at the front, at Donetsk airport, the commander of one of the regiments of the Intelligence Division of the General Staff was compelled to teach fighters how to shoot a grenade launcher.

http://fortruss.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/ukrainian-volunteer-battalions-are.html
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:13 am

Interfax - 08/17 21:52   Around 1,000 convicts in DPR, LPR would like to serve time at Ukrainian prisons, Kyiv says

Getting desperate for recruits Laughing

Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:16 am

Look Dforce, if your sole intention is to piss off Russian posters by your "epic trole mate xDDDD eeksdeee!!" attitude then I suggest you just stay away. You obviously know people support Donbass here so why bother? I remember you clearly from MP.net and your unconditional support of Kiev. I'll never forget you and your friends like Asheren, kalerab, CourageAboveAllValues and the other batshit insane people from that place.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:28 am

Off topic but outstanding!

"Yesterday, on Navajo Code Talker Day on the Navajo Nation, activists ran Sen. John McCain, who was in attendance, out of the building and off the rez! Activists were standing up in defense of their water rights. "We will rise up as the new leaders of our Nations, in solidarity with our Indigenous Brothers and Sisters, and we start by saying NO MORE ALLOWING state or federal politicians and the corporations they represent entrance into our homelands. Those who are responsible for our people being poisoned, starved, kept in poverty and removed from our sacred territories, are not welcomed here!! We will take back our power and restore our homelands, take care of our water, protect our people and our sacred sites, and mentor a new generation of youth who will change this paradigm of exploitation and greed!" "

Statement from activists

Senator John McCain Chased off the Navajo Nation

Last edited by Cowboy's daughter on Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:37 am

Cowboy's daughter wrote:Off topic but outstanding!

Senator John McCain Chased off the Navajo Nation

respekt thumbsup

attack

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:09 am

Rodinazombie wrote:
    Regarding the OSCE

The Situation in the Ukraine. #20 Image18

The Situation in the Ukraine. #20 Image19

+1 outstanding!!! thumbsup russia

higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:11 am

PapaDragon wrote:Remember kids, drugs are bad, m'kay!!!

One minute you are in the cockpit high as a kite and next minute Lord Almighty himself is punishing you for invading holy land of Ukropistan, aka Country 404. affraid drunken pwnd

Ukrainian Media ‘Burn Down 140 Passengers’ at Moscow Airport

http://sputniknews.com/art_living/20150817/1025830714.html

Faraday Cage R.I.P., I believe. Cool Cool
    Dforce

Post  Dforce Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:49 am

Neutrality wrote:Look Dforce, if your sole intention is to piss off Russian posters by your "epic trole mate xDDDD eeksdeee!!" attitude then I suggest you just stay away. You obviously know people support Donbass here so why bother? I remember you clearly from MP.net and your unconditional support of Kiev. I'll never forget you and your friends like Asheren, kalerab, CourageAboveAllValues and the other batshit insane people from that place.

I honestly do not think I am the topic here, and if you can show me where I have been trolling you are welcome. Besides, I do not think it okay to call other posters "batshit insane".
    sektor

Post  sektor Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:07 am

Dforce wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:Look Dforce, if your sole intention is to piss off Russian posters by your "epic trole mate xDDDD eeksdeee!!" attitude then I suggest you just stay away. You obviously know people support Donbass here so why bother? I remember you clearly from MP.net and your unconditional support of Kiev. I'll never forget you and your friends like Asheren, kalerab, CourageAboveAllValues and the other batshit insane people from that place.

I honestly do not think I am the topic here, and if you can show me where I have been trolling you are welcome. Besides, I do not think it okay to call other posters "batshit insane".

Seriously man  you are not welcomed here. Go back to cesspool called themess.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:38 am

Chersonesus wrote:
    Dforce wrote:

Totally agree:

OSCE reporting two or three incidents of the orcs shelling DPR and LPR civilians is not a game changer, it is an insult to the living civilians and all our dead and wounded civilians from the last 16 months. It is probably a very good thing that the face of that OSCE operative being shaken by the lady was not shown, but after watching the vid several times it looks to me like he is grinning through part of the event. If he was that may have been a nervous reaction to the physical contact with the lady. I see the day coming when OSCE operatives are set upon by the civilians and I think that day will be soon.

OSCE also had another little incident involving a DPR member:

"On 16 August, the SMM was stopped at a “DPR” checkpoint in Olenivka, (“DPR”-controlled, 23km south-west of Donetsk) by “DPR” member who approached the SMM holding an unexploded shell in his hands. According to the interlocutor it had been fired at them the previous night. During a short conversation one of the “DPR” members present started criticizing the SMM for its activities and another one threw the shell into the SMM vehicle. After the SMM insisted, the “DPR” member took the shell out of the vehicle. Later, when analysing photo evidence of the shell, the SMM assessed that it had been a 122mm artillery shell."

I would imagine that the OSCE operatives involved in the arty shell deal had to run back to Hotel and change their knickers hastily and then be given intensive counseling for the severe mental trauma from the incident.

The OSCE incident chart, usually an addendum to their reports:

http://www.osce.org/ukraine-smm/177836?download=true

The leopard did not, can not and will not change it's stripes. Their reports will continue to be heavily biased and we should never expect any other result.
    Chersonesus

Post  Chersonesus Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:54 am

auslander wrote:It is probably a very good thing that the face of that OSCE operative being shaken by the lady was not shown, but after watching the vid several times it looks to me like he is grinning through part of the event.

It seemed to me that he was grinning or laughing too. He definitely didn't have the 'hangdog' expression of the other OSCE male in the group of locals.
    Dforce

Post  Dforce Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:56 am

sektor wrote:
    Dforce wrote:

Somehow I doubt you are in charge of the member admission department on this site, so if you just want to complain more about me you are welcome to do so via the internal message system. Let us discuss Ukraine here and not me, shal we?

Post  Guest Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:28 am

auslander wrote:
    Chersonesus wrote:
    Dforce wrote:

Totally agree:

OSCE reporting two or three incidents of the orcs shelling DPR and LPR civilians is not a game changer, it is an insult to the living civilians and all our dead and wounded civilians from the last 16 months. It is probably a very good thing that the face of that OSCE operative being shaken by the lady was not shown, but after watching the vid several times it looks to me like he is grinning through part of the event. If he was that may have been a nervous reaction to the physical contact with the lady. I see the day coming when OSCE operatives are set upon by the civilians and I think that day will be soon.

"On 16 August, the SMM was stopped at a “DPR” checkpoint in Olenivka, (“DPR”-controlled, 23km south-west of Donetsk) by “DPR” member who approached the SMM holding an unexploded shell in his hands. According to the interlocutor it had been fired at them the previous night. During a short conversation one of the “DPR” members present started criticizing the SMM for its activities and another one threw the shell into the SMM vehicle. After the SMM insisted, the “DPR” member took the shell out of the vehicle. Later, when analysing photo evidence of the shell, the SMM assessed that it had been a 122mm artillery shell."

I would imagine that the OSCE operatives involved in the arty shell deal had to run back to Hotel and change their knickers hastily and then be given intensive counseling for the severe mental trauma from the incident.  

The leopard did not, can not and will not change it's stripes. Their reports will continue to be heavily biased and we should never expect any other result.
    I'm curious, where do most of the OSCE observers hail from? It feels like they have gotten worse and worse as the conflict has drawn on.

To Dforce. People hate you for a good reason. You know as they say, "You have one chance at making a good first impression." Well you ruined your chance way back when with most of the members and that isn't going to change. As a result, people are going to attack you personally whether it is for a reason or not. You and the discussion about Ukraine would be much better off if you didn't post here because someone will find it provocative. I don't mean this as anything personal from me, just thought I ought let you know.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:58 am

I don't have the time to look over this crazy long thread, so if it is a re-post, let me know and I will delete it.

Supposedly a few T-90A's found their way into the Lugansk area, in the summer of last year.

https://tanknutstan.wordpress.com/2015/08/15/t-90-at-the-donbass/
    Dforce

Post  Dforce Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:17 am

Ivan the Colorado wrote: As a result, people are going to attack you personally whether it is for a reason or not. You and the discussion about Ukraine would be much better off if you didn't post here because someone will find it provocative. I don't mean this as anything personal from me, just thought I ought let you know.

No problems. As long as the moderators are taking care of all that off topic I see no reason why those of us that DO wamt to discuss Ukraine should not be able to do that.

And, on that note, when do you lot expect this Ukrainian offensive to start? I do not understand how you reason when you think that Ukraine will go on the offensive; that is the last thing those footing the bill for Kiev wants, and in the end of the day it is the other side that needs to do something if they want Donetsk out of arty range.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:40 am

Dforce wrote: And, on that note, when do you lot expect this Ukrainian offensive to start?
    Any day, week, or month at this point. Ukr has been continuing to up-arm the local forces and push the line, which basically can only mean one thing.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:02 am

Basically Kyiv ask why Putin visit Krym

http://гордза.рф/2015/08/17/mid-ukrainy-trebuet-razyasnit-poezdku-putina-v-krym/
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:31 am

[quote="Ivan the Colorado"]
    auslander wrote:
    Chersonesus wrote:
    Dforce wrote:

Totally agree:

I'm curious, where do most of the OSCE observers hail from? It feels like they have gotten worse and worse as the conflict has drawn on.quote]

I don't know. There are at least a few Russians because the orcs keep stopping the convoys and doing document checks and the orcs have in the past refused entry by OSCE to areas or facilities when Russians are in the group. I have heard English, German, French and orcspeak during some of the vids.
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:37 am

sektor wrote:
    Dforce wrote:

I feel like i have to step in here.

Slagging of another member just because he has an opposing view is not right. The reasons that the mess is such a cesspit is partly down to the biased moderation and the way it deals with people who have a dissenting voice. Dont you think its pretty sad that you are doing exactly the same in reverse? Dont complain about the mess if your standards are no better.

My views on dforce and his opinions are well known, but he has the right to his opinion as much as anyone as long he does it in the right way, the same as all of us. We should be grateful to have the opposite point lf view here as whether we like it or not there are two sides to this story, he can help fill in a few blanks that are often missed here.

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:42 am

higurashihougi wrote:Basically Kyiv ask why Putin visit Krym

http://гордза.рф/2015/08/17/mid-ukrainy-trebuet-razyasnit-poezdku-putina-v-krym/

Because of FU?

RZ: No body is banning him, but he was bound to get ostracized, he knew that when he signed. And he isn't repenting at the other side. So yeah he's gonne get some hot tub love. But he's safe from terminal situations. Hey, better a "dhimmi" here than banned there...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:58 am