Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+43
Godric
Erk
kvs
2SPOOKY4U
Flagship Victory
Viktor
Khepesh
Inetwarrior
VladimirSahin
Ispan
Dforce
Walther von Oldenburg
Chersonesus
BKP
GarryB
Rodinazombie
calripson
Werewolf
franco
Regular
Big_Gazza
auslander
Ruthenius
ExBeobachter1987
Ghoster
Boreas
Cucumber Khan
gregoire
Vann7
KoTeMoRe
KomissarBojanchev
PapaDragon
Karl Haushofer
higurashihougi
Cowboy's daughter
Odin of Ossetia
flamming_python
Project Canada
par far
JohninMK
sepheronx
whir
Neutrality
47 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #19

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:23 pm

Khepesh wrote:I guess people have seen the attempt today by ukrops attempting to "proove" that T-90A were involved in the operations to hit the ukrops around Novoannovka last year. This article demolishes this and shows that what ukrops have said is T-90A, is in fact a Bulat, the type of tank that ukrops 1st Tank Brigade were using in that area.
    https://vk.com/id225150258?w=wall225150258_3143%2Fall

Err the article however misses somethings, if those pictures are genuine, there's little possible chance those systems were BM's, because of chassis, and turret shape. So while the pictures present a platoon of T90's, we don't know where they were taken. IMO this explains many things regarding Luhansk carnage in Novoannovka. Take this the way you want.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

The Situation in the Ukraine. #19 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #19

Post  Khepesh Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:25 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:I guess people have seen the attempt today by ukrops attempting to "proove" that T-90A were involved in the operations to hit the ukrops around Novoannovka last year. This article demolishes this and shows that what ukrops have said is T-90A, is in fact a Bulat, the type of tank that ukrops 1st Tank Brigade were using in that area.

Err the article however misses somethings, if those pictures are genuine, there's little possible chance those systems were BM's, because of chassis, and turret shape. So while the pictures present a platoon of T90's, we don't know where they were taken. IMO this explains many things regarding Luhansk carnage in Novoannovka. Take this the way you want.
    Ukrops mixed all sorts of pictures up from different times and places, and I would take the position that T-90A are not in Donbass....
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:30 pm

Khepesh wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

Ukrops mixed all sorts of pictures up from different times and places

As I said, there's no doubt this has to be checked out, but this also means that if the pictures are checked inside UA, the T90 was obviously an overmatch to every thing Ukropistanis had in the area. And you know better than me the kind of destruction there's around Novoannovka, over UA 40 hulks in a 5km perimetre.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:32 pm

I'll put this here just in case it develops further, but probably not. МЧС have apparently advised in Elenovka to close windows due to ammonia. That's all, probably nothing, but from a source that does not do stuffing.

Video from the area the map is centered on https://maps.yandex.ru/142/donetsk/?ll=37.743620%2C47.960526&z=18&l=map

I think that's mostly it now for the night.
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:47 pm

Neutrality wrote:Recent developments show quite clearly that Poroshenko wants the war to resume because the economic collapse, thus the regime with it, is inescapable. So he decided that restarting the war and blaming it on the NAF will be a good argument when that happens. The only logical course of action here, in my eyes, is to go for complete, quick and utter annihilation of the Ukrainian army and what's left of it. This will create the exact opposite of what Poroshenko wants. A collapsing economy in that case, will be the least of his worries. People will be demanding the heads of the responsibles, maybe even literally.

This +1

if he wants to use the war as a destraction then the best way to take away his destraction is by taking away his ability to fight it. Ie, complete destruction of his army, sadly that will ruffle feathers as the west will unite to back him against the 'russian invader' and russia will have to weather a storm, but once it stops poroshenkos head will be on a block. But all this is dependent on at what point russia forces NAF to sign up to minsk -3.
    Dforce

Post  Dforce Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:57 pm

Neutrality wrote:
    Dforce wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:Recent developments show quite clearly that Poroshenko wants the war to resume because the economic collapse, thus the regime with it, is inescapable. So he decided that restarting the war and blaming it on the NAF will be a good argument when that happens. The only logical course of action here, in my eyes, is to go for complete, quick and utter annihilation of the Ukrainian army and what's left of it. This will create the exact opposite of what Poroshenko wants. A collapsing economy in that case, will be the least of his worries. People will be demanding the heads of the responsibles, maybe even literally.

I would rather say that recent events shows quite clear that Ukraine goes to any length to provoke the peasants and workers militia to attack, I give you that.

Well that's a start. Just so that you don't forget in the future who broke the ceasefire.

When you say "broke" it I would answer that it was not there, but I agree that Ukraine have done more then its fair share of that "breaking". However, Ukraine will not attack, they have vay too much to win if the seps attacks first.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:57 pm

Uh oh, what's up OSCE? Suddenly reporting the truth?

"OSCE confirmed shelling of Gorlovka by Ukrainian army"

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:02 am

Dforce wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:
    Dforce wrote:

I would rather say that recent events shows quite clear that Ukraine goes to any length to provoke the peasants and workers militia to attack, I give you that.

Well that's a start. Just so that you don't forget in the future who broke the ceasefire.

When you say "broke" it I would answer that it was not there, but I agree that Ukraine have done more then its fair share of that "breaking". However, Ukraine will not attack, they have vay too much to win if the seps attacks first.

What do they have to win? If we are to believe the Current Western Narrative (CWN), Seps don't attack without Russian order...and thus Russian backing. So by any mean, any Separatist attack means smoldering Ukrainian hulks. If this is your "Uncle" battle, then I'm afraid you need to review your assessment of Ukraine's priorities.
    Dforce

Post  Dforce Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:07 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:

What do they have to win? If we are to believe the Current Western Narrative (CWN), Seps don't attack without Russian order...and thus Russian backing. So by any mean, any Separatist attack means smoldering Ukrainian hulks. If this is your "Uncle" battle, then I'm afraid you need to review your assessment of Ukraine's priorities.

Well I agree that the seps will not attack without Russian backing, but I also do not think that this backing will be the full power of the Russian forces. This is the Great Game played again, and Russia will not attacck full force since that will not lead to its desired goals.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:17 am

Dforce wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

Well I agree that the seps will not attack without Russian backing, but I also do not think that this backing will be the full power of the Russian forces. This is the Great Game played again, and Russia will not attacck full force since that will not lead to its desired goals.

Once again, let's have this discussion.

a. When did Russia attacked with its full force? NEVER.
    b. When was the last time Russia let any major Separatist action down? NEVER.
    c. When was the last time Ukraine paraded "new" hardware nearby the frontline without attempted attacks. Debaltsevo.
    d. The Great Game a specific term, regarding a specific region. The combination you were looking for was the "Long Game".
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:27 am

Neutrality wrote:Uh oh, what's up OSCE? Suddenly reporting the truth?

"OSCE confirmed shelling of Gorlovka by Ukrainian army"

It only took them a few weeks to notice. But they sure notice NAF deployments fast even if they do not violate Minsk-II.
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:28 am

Godric wrote:

f*cking vermin, video brings back the level of the HaHol scum killing of civilians in cold blood .... how any so called civilised country can back Kiev is a mystery .... they have no shame

It's no mystery. Please, stop believing that the West has a conscience because it does not. Donbass would be wise to kick the OSCE out and if they refuse to leave then declare them as enemy soldiers.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:29 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Dforce wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:
    Dforce wrote:

In this case the CWN is entirely true, you'd have to be completely naive to believe that any major rebel action will start or stop now w/o the appropriate Russian order. They are completely dependent on Russia for supplies, intel, weapons, trade, diplomacy, political cover and Moscow has long installed its own people there who will follow their line (Zakharchenko et. all), while giving an exit route for the crazy soldiers of fortune such as Strelkov.

During the last rebel offensive I remember that it was hinted that the Russian observers 'moved aside', allowing the rebels to advance.
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:35 am

Khepesh wrote:Report on cassad that downtown Donetsk has been hit 15 minutes ago. He began the ticker again
    http://colonelcassad.livejournal.com/2340017.html

Donetsk a short time ago

So after 15 months of this war the junta is still able to shell downtown Donetsk Sad
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:38 am

Neutrality wrote:
    Cassad wrote:На ресурсах хунты сообщают с ссылкой на ОБСЕ, что в Донецк переброшены 11 РСЗО "Град" ВСН.

Translation: Junta's sources report (quoting OSCE) that the NAF has positioned 11 "Grad" installations near Donetsk.

Always nice to see the confirmation that OSCE is acting as a de facto spy organization. I think we've never been closer to resuming the war as today.

EDIT: Judging by this map ( http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/kot_ivanov/71733898/42710/42710_original.jpg ) it'd be wise to completely destroy VSU's positions at Svetlodarsk. It's got a cauldron written all over it.

Then why aren't those idiots in the NAF headquarters kicking the OSCE out? Why do they still allow their presence while de-facto recognizing them as spies working for Kiev?
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:40 am

flamming_python wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Dforce wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:
    Dforce wrote:

In this case the CWN is entirely true, you'd have to be completely naive to believe that any major rebel action will start or stop now w/o the appropriate Russian order. They are completely dependent on Russia for supplies, intel, weapons, trade, diplomacy, political cover and Moscow has long installed its own people there who will follow their line (Zakharchenko et. all), while giving an exit route for the crazy soldiers of fortune such as Strelkov.

During the last rebel offensive I remember that it was hinted that the Russian observers 'moved aside', allowing the rebels to advance.

I'm not naive, I asked something to obtain a certain answer. SO...once again, what would have Ukraine to gain from having Russia going in offense? Less capabilities to defend itself? Why would Russia get the West vote more sanctions against itself, while the current situation slowly but surely decays Ukraine's capabilities to resist the current economic downturn. Why pull a shot in the arm to Ukropistan?

So as highlighted by the current OSCE report, Ukraine has everything to win by provoking an attack? Say it is so, I got this bridge in Patras to sell,
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:41 am

Neutrality wrote:The only logical course of action here, in my eyes, is to go for complete, quick and utter annihilation of the Ukrainian army and what's left of it.
    Not going to happen because every military defeat for Ukraine means more sanctions for Russia.

Civilians lives are meaningless in this war. Kiev can kill as many civilians as it wants without sanctions thrown at them. The only thing prohibited is military victories for the NAF.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:47 am

Karl Haushofer wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:The only logical course of action here, in my eyes, is to go for complete, quick and utter annihilation of the Ukrainian army and what's left of it.
    Not going to happen because every military defeat for Ukraine means more sanctions for Russia.

Civilians lives are meaningless in this war. Kiev can kill as many civilians as it wants without sanctions thrown at them. The only thing prohibited is military victories for the NAF.

Let's recall Debaltsevo...
    Dforce

Post  Dforce Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:56 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:

Yes, even I have to admit that was a brilliant Russian move. But it only worked because it was a done deal fast, and it happened just after the Minsk II deal.

The same conditions are not there now.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:01 am

Karl Haushofer wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:Report on cassad that downtown Donetsk has been hit 15 minutes ago. He began the ticker again

Donetsk a short time ago

So after 15 months of this war the junta is still able to shell downtown Donetsk Sad

Strange war. Seems to be in limbo. There is no negotiation, no ground offensive to take territory. Looks like time has stopped in Donetsk. Which, as you know, is exactly what a frozen conflict is about. Every day Donetsk is shelled. Every day people die. No one says a word about it. I don't expect this situation to change this year or the next. What is sure is come January 2017 the US will supply artillery and ammo to Maidan and the shelling will be much more intense than now when Maidan has limited shells to fire on Donetsk.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:07 am

Dforce wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

Yes, even I have to admit that was a brilliant Russian move. But it only worked because it was a done deal fast, and it  happened just after the Minsk II deal.

The same conditions are not there now.

Deal done fast? It took Almost two months to react to idiotic probe attacks from Ukropia at Donetsk Intl and break the wedge at Debalstevo. Are you guys following the same war as I or is this senile amnesia?

The conditions now are even better, Ukraine is shelling civilians and international organizations just reported in the simplest terms Ukraine's breach of Minsk agreement.
    Idiot Turchynov goes on the Line of Contact parading in front of heavy weaponry that's supposed to be some 30 km out of there.

... Not really ideal conditions for an innocent self-defense scheme...

Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:09 am

flamming_python wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Dforce wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:
    Dforce wrote:

That's true, they did.

That's a lot of shelling being done by Ukraine Armed Forces.

Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:10 am

As for Debaltsevo, Pushilin said no election will be held there because it's technically Maidan territory because Minsk 2 was signed before Maidan withdrew from Debaltsevo. As for what happens only time will tell.
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:11 am

Flagship Victory wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:

Donetsk a short time ago

Strange war. Seems to be in limbo. There is no negotiation, no ground offensive to take territory. Looks like time has stopped in Donetsk. Which, as you know, is exactly what a frozen conflict is about. Every day Donetsk is shelled. Every day people die. No one says a word about it. I don't expect this situation to change this year or the next. What is sure is come January 2017 the US will supply artillery and ammo to Maidan and the shelling will be much more intense than now when Maidan has limited shells to fire on Donetsk.

Yeah, it is better to stop caring about Donbass civilians. It does no good and just gets your blood pressure up.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:14 am

Karl Haushofer wrote:Yeah, it is better to stop caring about Donbass civilians. It does no good and just gets your blood pressure up.

You and I are not ethnic Russians, so why should this war have anything to do with our blood pressures? geek

We have our western way of fighting war, shock and awe, an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. Em Russians have their eastern way of fighting war, a way we can never understand. Let them fight their way and stop worrying about it. Razz

Last edited by Flagship Victory on Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:17 am; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:48 pm